NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: Horizon of War RP (OOC|FACTION|Sponsored)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Parzal
Envoy

Founded: Apr 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Parzal » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Confederation of imperial states wrote:
Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:But you could only gain them from the Enclave. Even Elder Lyon's himself said that the ability to produce plasma weapons was unknown to his BoS faction.

Fallout 4 is not canon. It is a terrible game with terrible lore made by terrible people.

It's canon in this RP.

Th their first Iteration, the Enclafve wasn't as big as the NCR, and even the Brotherhood, Numbers were their disadvantage.

and considering in Fallout 2, Fallout 3, and in Fallout NV and hints in 4 they've been shown to have their crap kicked in, the Enclave wouldn't just be openly holding territory like many other Factions, They'd more than likely have hold outs, just less of an expansive sort of reach as it's being debated.

Parzal wrote:Alright, fair point. I'll call off this debate and let the RP Mod decide. If he wants me to change my app, I won't complain.

Take out the Enclave PA and replace it with another Variant. From there you're fine.

Alright I edited it :P
Last edited by Parzal on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:51 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:But you could only gain them from the Enclave. Even Elder Lyon's himself said that the ability to produce plasma weapons was unknown to his BoS faction.

Fallout 4 is not canon. It is a terrible game with terrible lore made by terrible people.

It's canon in this RP.

Th their first Iteration, the Enclafve wasn't as big as the NCR, and even the Brotherhood, Numbers were their disadvantage.

and considering in Fallout 2, Fallout 3, and in Fallout NV and hints in 4 they've been shown to have their crap kicked in, the Enclave wouldn't just be openly holding territory like many other Factions, They'd more than likely have hold outs, just less of an expansive sort of reach as it's being debated.

Parzal wrote:Alright, fair point. I'll call off this debate and let the RP Mod decide. If he wants me to change my app, I won't complain.

Take out the Enclave PA and replace it with another Variant. From there you're fine.

That's why I mention in my app that the Enclave only own major cities. The Enclave isn't in the best shape right now and is sputtering really. I just find his application very odd considering he has thousands of suits of power armor wheel being some random split away faction from the BoS. No way would three thousand BoS members just take off with that much stuff. Furthermore the plasma weaponry would be out of reach as well considering its prototype and hidden nature.

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:
It's canon in this RP.

That's why I mention in my app that the Enclave only own major cities. The Enclave isn't in the best shape right now and is sputtering really. I just find his application very odd considering he has thousands of suits of power armor wheel being some random split away faction from the BoS. No way would three thousand BoS members just take off with that much stuff. Furthermore the plasma weaponry would be out of reach as well considering its prototype and hidden nature.

Out of reach to everyone? In the entire United states?

Surely that some sort of Military Caches in major cities, or at the very least more well hidden areas left by the US Gov could've been raided. True, not around like 50,000 rifles, but surely some could atleast found, and even if not many, they could atleast develop something based on the Plasma tech.
Last edited by Confederation of imperial states on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:05 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:That's why I mention in my app that the Enclave only own major cities. The Enclave isn't in the best shape right now and is sputtering really. I just find his application very odd considering he has thousands of suits of power armor wheel being some random split away faction from the BoS. No way would three thousand BoS members just take off with that much stuff. Furthermore the plasma weaponry would be out of reach as well considering its prototype and hidden nature.

Surely that some sort of Military Caches in major cities, or at the very least more well hidden areas left by the US Gov could've been raided. True, not around like 50,000 rifles, but surely some could atleast found, and even if not many, they could atleast develop something based on the Plasma tech.

Not to everyone. The west coast NCR would have them, the BoS would as well, and the Institute could very well develop them. But I just don't seem them having them as the only ones with them before all this mess was the Enclave. And the west coast just recently got their hands on them.

Parzal
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parzal » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:That's why I mention in my app that the Enclave only own major cities. The Enclave isn't in the best shape right now and is sputtering really. I just find his application very odd considering he has thousands of suits of power armor wheel being some random split away faction from the BoS. No way would three thousand BoS members just take off with that much stuff. Furthermore the plasma weaponry would be out of reach as well considering its prototype and hidden nature.

I said it once, and I'll say it again. I never did specify how MUCH plasma weaponry we have :P (Not directed at you CIS, directed to PBS)
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nieblham » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:04 pm

I've only played FO4 but I enjoyed the game. I enjoyed the multi endings. The story of the institute was nice to hear but from what I gather the Enclave has really been hurt. why they weren't in boston Bethesda should have made some terminals detailing why. I do dislike how the game pans out after the main quest and there is a lack of depth in what one can do. Building is nice though has some short comings (i.e. local leader doesn't allow for food from one settlement count for food in another and the jobs is lacking. There should extraction type jobs. Being able to build up the MM/Bos would also have been nice so that the extraction process would have been safer). I enjoyed the story, the characters, the synths, the RR, seeing BOS expand (Though the BOS were a bit too racist i feel. They didn't seem that way from other games from what I've seen). Seeing the way these people live it has been a nice game. Would having the enclave as a faction been nice? NO. Here's why. They've lost too many battles. Gamers are already arguing over which ending is canon. If the enclave were an option that would have been awful for Bethesda as that would mean they could write about the enclave coming back to power, which is not what they want (evidence is all the games where you fight the enclave.). It's already hard enough for Bethesda for what is canon as it is. But an option where the enclave make a comeback do to player actions would completely shift the game into making the enclave the good person. The enclave, if they come back, should not be by player interaction. There needs to be a really good story that shows them, the enclave gaining the power back.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:11 pm

I take it you've only played Fallout 3. The Brotherhood was no better than the Enclave. They hate ghouls and mutants alike and would slaughter them indiscriminately.

And that's not the problem I have with the game. Not the only one.

The power armor runs on cores that go out after a few in game hours. They are supposed to run on fusion that lasts hundreds if not thousands of years.

The Brotherhood in Fallout were knights in shining armor. They Brotherhood are assholes. The first thing they do in Fallout 1 is try and send you to your death because you bothered to ask to join.

They ripped put all RPG elements of Fallout. It's a glorified shooter.

The story was absolutely garbage confounded by the fact the main character was voice acted. It's now just four options. Yes. No. Snarky yes. Goodbye.

And these are just a few problems.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nieblham » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:I take it you've only played Fallout 3. The Brotherhood was no better than the Enclave. They hate ghouls and mutants alike and would slaughter them indiscriminately.

The power armor runs on cores that go out after a few in game hours. They are supposed to run on fusion that lasts hundreds if not thousands of years.

The Brotherhood in Fallout were knights in shining armor. They Brotherhood are assholes. The first thing they do in Fallout 1 is try and send you to your death because you bothered to ask to join.

The story was absolutely garbage confounded by the fact the main character was voice acted. It's now just four options. Yes. No. Snarky yes. Goodbye.

What i praise Bethesda for doing is the amount of detail in the characters. Diamond City, piper vs Mayor, Good Neighbor and Hancock vs that ghoul lady, Preston and his struggle to keep the MM afloat. The RR and their jobs vs the Institute. They took away from the factions and gave to the natives of the area, such as the Institute and their struggle to learn more and to make the perfect synth. Nick and his connection to the Far Harbor DLC was nice. As far as the story and life of all the characters go. That makes the game a great game. Post-nuclear war America is not just about the enclave. The FO universe is much more, there are a lot more players all over the US that we haven't seen yet. But are too weak to do much, not with how big BOS is and with the local fighter groups (MM and raiders). That's what this game shows us that the problems aren't from Coast to Coast but internal, no problem extends much farther than a single state. To say the story was garbage I cannot see. Vergil cured a strain of the FEV, their are synthetic humans, corrupt politician, and old ideas fighting for control of a small area. How Diamond city competes with Bunker hill, and Good Neighbor works to help the ghouls. Even seeing the BOS take down the Institute with Prime is nice. FO4 is the story of the group that wanted to make the greatest human and the parent that wanted their son back. It might not be quite the RPG FO fans wanted. But it was filled struggles, issues, and problems. I mean look at Nick! Lost, confused, and alone. And he makes everything work for him. He's story is on par with that of LOZ: MM. FO4 is LOZ:MM a bunch of small separate stories and struggles, not as they wait the world to end as they do in MM, but as they wait for the world to start anew for them in boston. I understand the gameplay is lacking but the story is not.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:54 am

Jordkloden wrote:Faction Name: The Pitt (it's kind of a city state)
Founding Year: 2277
Population (nothing over a million): 168,000
Leader: Wernher and Midea. (Wernher handles military, Midea handles domestic issues)
Notable Members: Various boring slave conspirators. Trust me they aren't interesting.
Territory: http://imgur.com/a/JeXbd (territory in pink)
Capitol City/Hold: The Pitt.

Armed Forces: WIP

History Canon/non Canon?:
In 2277, instead of the Lone Wanderer coming in and saving the slaves of The Pitt, they wait until a cure for Troglodyte Degeneration Contagion is fully implemented by Ashur. Once they know the cure is complete, the slaves (and the former slave champions who were allowed to live in Uptown) storm Ashur's palace with Auto-Axes and Infiltrator assault rifles, killing every last slaver. Of course, they spare Marie, who is only an infant. (And also the source of the cure.) Now that they are left to their own devices, they form a "nation" of sorts. Wernher, one of the more important conspirators, became commander of the new country's military, and Midea, the woman who created the conspiracy, became the leader of the Pitt, and for the moment, acts as a very-benevolent "dictator."

Accepted.

Neiblham, you've TGed me, you'r accepted. Can't find your app, but you say you're in the Bostonian area, you're alright.

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:I take it you've only played Fallout 3. The Brotherhood was no better than the Enclave. They hate ghouls and mutants alike and would slaughter them indiscriminately.

(Gameplay over Logic, every game does it)

Lyons' Brotherhood was directed to protecting the people of the wasteland, though of course they were massively running out of resources, a Physic Victory goal.

The Western Brotherhood is, when compared to the Enclave, the Lesser Evil.

The (Canon) Midwestern Brotherhood is Authoritarian in nature, however they're accepting and tolerant of Nonhumans, Allowing Super Mutants, Ghouls, and Wastelanders into their ranks. There's a reason when they reconnected with the Western Brotherhood, they rejected answering their former code and way of organization.

Also, as much as I like discussion, if you're gonna be here just to Flame and Trash Bethesda and their Fallout games, then please kindly refraim from it. I (and from what it seems) many other people here appreciate and like Bethesda's games and contributions, meaning this is more asking for arguments than discussion.

On another note, Ty.

Yah really want to have a fight between Fortified and Armored Brotherhood guys vs Marching Minutemen? :P
Last edited by Confederation of imperial states on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sweillia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sweillia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:42 pm

Is there a possibility for me to become an mod? I have played most of the Fallout games (Fallout 1, 2, 3, New Vegas, 4 and Tactics) so I think i could help with the story a stuffs.
Last edited by Sweillia on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What if the real RP was the friends we made along the way?
The Knights Peregrine

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:44 pm

Sweillia wrote:Is there a possibility for me to become an mod? I have played most of the Fallout games (Fallout 1, 2, 3, New Vegas, 4 and Tactics) so I think i could help with the story a stuffs.

Possibility is there, though I'd like to see some RP experience (in the RP) before I name off mods.

Sweillia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sweillia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Sweillia wrote:Is there a possibility for me to become an mod? I have played most of the Fallout games (Fallout 1, 2, 3, New Vegas, 4 and Tactics) so I think i could help with the story a stuffs.

Possibility is there, though I'd like to see some RP experience (in the RP) before I name off mods.

Ok then. Unfortunately I haven't got any RP experience but I am part of a RP that will hopefully start soon.
Last edited by Sweillia on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Knights Peregrine

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:56 pm

Was my app accepted?

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:12 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:Was my app accepted?

Yes, though I'd like it if you fleshed out the Armed Forces section a bit more

Sweillia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sweillia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:14 pm

Sweillia wrote:

Ok then. Unfortunately I haven't got any RP experience but I am part of a RP that will hopefully start soon.

Could i get some sort of internship for the meantime?
Last edited by Sweillia on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Knights Peregrine

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:22 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:Was my app accepted?

I did. Second, the map only includes America but I claimed Canadian land.

Sweillia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sweillia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:28 pm

If you are reading this and have not created a faction yet I suggest you play as the NCR, Ceasar's legion or maybe a splinter faction of one of them as there are no factions in the western US right now.
Last edited by Sweillia on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Knights Peregrine

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:

I did. Second, the map only includes America but I claimed Canadian land.

Misread, I'll adjust it.

Edit: The Map only goes as far as the US, so for right now, It's implied that you have Canadian Emplacements and such.
Last edited by Confederation of imperial states on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:38 pm

Confederation of imperial states wrote:On another note, Ty.

Yah really want to have a fight between Fortified and Armored Brotherhood guys vs Marching Minutemen? :P

I don't want to, but consider this:

Minutemen wouldn't have any vehicles or vertibirds. Or long-range radios. So there is no way to know anything beyond its borders. However, traders in the Illinois/Indiana area would have heard stories about the BoS and passed them on. Seeing as the Minutemen just consolidated their hold over Lafayette, they would not have bumped into the traders until recently. I never said the troops were hostile; they are taking precautions and scouting out the area. There might be a Super Mutant stronghold in Chicago, for all the Minutemen know.
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:44 pm

Tysoania wrote:
Confederation of imperial states wrote:On another note, Ty.

I don't want to, but consider this:

Minutemen wouldn't have any vehicles or vertibirds. Or long-range radios. So there is no way to know anything beyond its borders. However, traders in the Illinois/Indiana area would have heard stories about the BoS and passed them on. Seeing as the Minutemen just consolidated their hold over Lafayette, they would not have bumped into the traders until recently. I never said the troops were hostile; they are taking precautions and scouting out the area. There might be a Super Mutant stronghold in Chicago, for all the Minutemen know.

Well if they DID Scout out Chicago, they'd find BoS guys controlling the city, Though if it's the eastern territory that they're gonna meet at, that might make a bit more sense. Seeing as it's only a few Border Towns, and not the main city.

The BoS recieved a Reading from the Energy Weapons readings from their Laser Muskets.

And Their reaction to guys with Energy Weapon heading towards them is kind of like "BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES" considering after they had a large run in with Calcatron, an enemy who's got Robot Troops armed with Energy Weapons,

Though thing'll probably cool down once they reach the border and see Minutemen, and realize that this wasn't what they were expecting.

And then after, Probably, Wasteland Diplomacy?
Last edited by Confederation of imperial states on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Parzal
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parzal » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:52 pm

#WritersBlock
#WakeMeUpInside

Jordkloden
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jordkloden » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:03 pm

Parzal wrote:#WritersBlock
#WakeMeUpInside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOsck7jYUsE
I’m a communist. Not much else to say.

Maccav
Attaché

Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Maccav » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:13 pm

Such is life in the zone.
 ☭

Pro: Councilism (also called Council Communism), gun rights, free speech, Human rights, Marxism, common ownership of the means of production, internationalism, democracy, rehabilitation over punishment, etc.
Neutral: Anarchism, Trotskyism, Luxembourgism, etc.
Anti: Liberalism, fascism, conservatism, Stalinism, Jouche, tankies, 'socialism in one country', monarchy, imperialism, capitalism, nationalism, party vanguardism, "anarcho"-capitalism, Zionism

Zyvalia
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zyvalia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Well. Detroit is already taken....what else would be a good city for robot-loving Raiders?
Still Illan, and still kickin'

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:42 pm

Zyvalia wrote:Well. Detroit is already taken....what else would be a good city for robot-loving Raiders?

In the Midwest with the Calculator.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse