NATION

PASSWORD

Scoundrels and Sabers: IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Scoundrels and Sabers: IC

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:16 am

Cira Starlight-Jedi Consular-En Route to Ord Mantell-3,650 BBY
My current surroundings are in every conceivable way the opposite of my upbringing at the Jedi Temple. But the sea of voices and endless droning and humming of the ship itself did not prevent me feeling at home. The Force is made up of all living things, and honestly I preferred a livelier environment such as this to a sterile environment like the Temple. Although Sinya is very likely not adjusting as well as I am to the cramped and stuffy spaces of the public transport ship. It was a vessel of moderate size, with enough space for several hundred. Despite most of the space being taken up by large barges of supplies for the war weary planet we are heading towards there was no shortage of voices and sounds surrounding us. As we bumped shoulders with not only the ship's crew as well as Republic soldiers who were also bound for Ord Mantell, but for a very different cause than what the council has sent us for.

Our mission as set by the council is to provide relief and security for the overworked doctors and humanitarian teams who are seeing to both military wounded and civilian casualties. I wanted to be sure that Sinya was clear on our mandate. She reminds me of my own master. Both so eager to battle for the greater good that the details get lost on the way. She has much to learn, and that was the subject of my meditation. I quieted my mind and surroundings to seek the Force's guidance to my predicament. I was new as a master, and thus uncertain if I should encourage her talents in saber combat, which she was probably on my own level despite being ten years younger than myself. Or attempt to inject some of my own insights to mold her down a less...confrontational path.

Neither was wrong, as we are in a time of war and the Jedi Order has great need of skilled Guardians to defend our ideals and citizens from the plots of the Sith. But the way of the Jed, at it's core is to seek peace, not violence. All life has some meaning to the Force, even the death of a Sith is regrettable, if often a necessary. Opening my eyes, my levitation ceased and my form made contact with the cold touch of the ship as I picked myself up. Searching through the force to find the familiar presence of Sinya through the endless corridors and faces of the ship. Tracking her down rather quickly as I decided to meditate again on my issue later, having found no answer as of yet.

With my arms crossed within my robes I looked down on her with the kind of expression a older sibling had when finding their sibling after a game of hide and seek. "You do know our mandate once we reach Ord Mantel, don't you Sinya? You are to help provide security for the field hospital while I see to the wounded. There is word that a new illness plagues the camp, we are to discover the source and treat it before it spreads to the rest of the island." Then, I made a facial expression like a knowing mother who foiled a brash child's scheme. "That means no venturing outside the camp needlessly and no searching for Separatists to fight. They are not the enemy we will be fighting...the Force willing." With that said I relaxed and decided to cease lecturing her, rather I decided to inquire what she knew about the world itself.

"Tell me, what do you know of Ord Mantell? To know one's destination and surroundings is as important to completing a mission as skill in combat or knowledge in the Force. Just tell me whatever comes to your mind. I will fill in the gaps." Pondering what she would reveal, I was curious to see if my Padawan has studied the place of our mission after receiving our assignment.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Grand Admiral Roan Sho'Lan

The elevator stopped, Roan stepped out of the elevator and walked towards the command bridge. Once there he walked to the end of the bridge towards the windows, there he saw the Sovereign. The Sovereign while still under construction was a site to behold. This will be the greatest ship ever created. Nothing will stand in it's way, with it the Republic will be forced to surrender and hopefully without firing a single shot. It will be the new deterrent, with it no one will oppose the Sith. Roan thought as he crossed his arms, watching the the massive crew work on the ship.

Suddenly a commander and a droid walked up next to Roan. The commander spoke first, "Sir, we have a message coming in from Darth Acina." The commander spoke quickly and before Roan could dismiss him, her holoprojection appeared from the droid. Roan and the commander quickly knelt when the projection appeared.

"Grand Admiral Roan, what is the condition of project Sovereign?" Darth Acina asked, gazing at Roan.
"Sovereign is at 70% operational capacity. The life support systems and turbolaser systems are online. However we are having trouble getting the engines to work, along with the communications having a glitch in the system. There is also an issue with the shields coming online, but I promise you that it will be fixed. I am willing to accept any punishment you deem worthy of these set backs." Roan responded slightly looking up at Acina.
"That won't be necessary Grand Admiral. You are making faster progress than we expected. However, I will not tolerate any more set backs. The Empire needs Sovereign at 100% operating power within the coming year. Do not disappoint me." Acina concluded before her hologram disappeared. With that Roan and the commander rose.

"Tell the teams to double their efforts, on orders from Darth Acina. I want this ship completed within six months." Roan commanded to the commander and thus the commander quickly ran down the bridge to the elevator. Roan then approached the comm system at the bridge and issued a call to his second hand man, Admiral Ceyett.

"Admiral Ceyett, as the Sovereign continues to it's completion I fear for both it's safety and mine. The Republic could catch word of it and send assassins after me. The rest of the Empire will soon also learn of it, and thus I could be a target for a growing Sith Lord who might kill me upon it's completion. I want you to send men out to find me the best bodyguards you can. I require at least one force sensitive guard, so that I don't not need to worry about a Jedi or Sith coming for my head." Roan spoke through the comm. "It will be done, sir. I'll dispatch men at once." Ceyett replied and with that Roan looked back out towards the Sovereign.

I fear not only for the safety of myself, but the men on board Justice. A Jedi could easily slaughter his or her way through this ship. I won't let the lives of my men be put at risk! Roan thought as he placed his hands behind his back.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Duke Claudius Antilles
Castle Antilles
Alderaan

Claudius was seated at his desk in his office pouring over situation reports from Alderaan and the Republic when a servant entered the office to inform him that Commodore Pikart wished to speak with him. Commodore Pikart was the Commanding Officer of the Republic forces assigned to assist House Antilles, and a long time friend of Claudius. He also served as the liaison between the Republic and House Antilles, and served to communicate requests for supplies, reinforcements, and the like between the two.

"Commodore" Claudius stated as he entered the Castle's command center, where Pikart was currently waiting "It's good to see you again. What brings you planetside today?"

"Business, I'm afraid" Pikart replied while activating a holoprojector at the back of the room. When an image of the planet Ord Mantell appeared, the Commodore continued "I've just been informed by Command that a disease of unknown origin has taken root in Ord Mantell, and is spreading at an alarming rate. The Jedi Council deployed a Consular and her Padawan to the planet to attempt to treat the disease, but there's no telling how long it might take to develop a cure. To make matters worse, the disease recently spread to the garrison at Fort Garnik and the Commander there is worried that the Separatists will take advantage of the situation and attack the Fort once the troops there are too ill to defend it. Command would like to negotiate a cease-fire with the Separatists to last at least until the disease has been cured, and with your experience negotiating in a civil war, they've asked you to be the Republic's representative during the talks. Failing that, they've asked me to deploy reinforcements to the Fort until the garrison recovers, but even in bio-hazard gear I don't like the idea of deploying my troops in an area with a highly infectious unknown disease."

"Hopefully it won't come to that. I'd be honored to represent the Republic during the negotiations. When do the talks begin?"

"As soon as we've arrived on the planet. Command has authorized you to offer the Separatists medical supplies and access to the cure for this new disease once one has been found."

"Understood, I'll grab my things and meet you on the Invictus forthwith. Please have the ship ready to depart as soon as I'm aboard..."
Last edited by Brusia on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sulania
Senator

Founded: May 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulania » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Sinya Koyi
Padawan to Jedi Knight Cira Starlight
En Route to Ord Mantell

Sinya had taken her place in the back of the shuttle, away from the majority of the hustle of the various crew members and passengers, though still cramped enough that a passing person may bump into her. She was not used to such cramped surrounding. The Temple on Tython had various open spaces to train, though her master would likely try to get her to meditate in the free time she had. If she was able, she'd be training on droids. It was her favorite passtime at the Temple to hone her skills against Master Dentiri's various droids. Slashing through their defenses with ease, making them explode through the Force, all of it made time pass really quickly. Sinya wasn't one to simply sit around and meditate, her boredom kept only slightly at bay by her levitating her shoto-saber in mid-air above her hand.

She saw her Master approach and locked her lightsaber to its hilt as she listened to Master Starlight rehearsed the mission again for Sinya. It was a small annoyance, though Sinya knew it was born out of her master's knowledge of her actions in the past. Nonetheless, she trusted in the wisdom of Cira and nodded her head in acceptance of her given task, though her disappointment of her less than active role in the conflict was more than evident.

Ord Mantell. A wretched hive of scum and villainy, but of a different sort than what was talked about usually. A corrupt government, a corrupt separatist movement, and innocent people caught in the middle. If it were up to her, their mission would be taking an active role in removing the corruption and removing the separatist threat, but such isn't the way of the Jedi. She wasn't afraid to tell her master her thoughts on the planet. "It's a wretched place, ruled by a government that is corrupt, with a separatist movement that is possibly just as or even worse. And neither seem to care what innocent people are caught in the crossfire. It used to be a largely industrial world, with no polar caps, with many villages and homesteads that dot the landscape." She said promptly. Her master knew her well, so there was no point in hiding her true feelings about the location.

"What do we know of this plague, if you don't mind, master?" She asked inquisitively.

Rahasia Tiralle
Agent of the Republic
Nar Shadaa

"As you requested, great Hutt." Rahasia said as a hovercage delivered a large beast onto Drooga the Hutt's barge. "The last female shanjaru in the known galaxy, all for you." She said crossing her arms behind her back and smiling towards the Hutt as it oggled at its new prize meal. It was a shame to have to sacrifice such a precious species, but it was all according to plan. Drooga's Twi'lek assistant, Ga'ram, looked over the beast in its cage before looking back to his boss in giving a nod of approval that it was indeed the last Shanjaru. Hutt's are too ostentatious and decadent to know one species from another, and Shanjaru were already on the verge of extinction so the actual odds of Drooga knowing what one looked like were slim if any. "So, great Hutt, what say you on our deal?"

The Hutt oggled at his new delicacy waved her off to Ga'ram, who spoke for him. "The Great Hutt Drooga is pleased with your offer, the Credits and intel would be funneled to your, ahem, privateering organization immediately."

"Our business is concluded!" The Hutt interrupted, waving her off again so that she would leave his barge. The assistant looking not at all surprised at the interruption, almost as if he expected to be cut off from speaking further by his Hutt superior.

Rahasia simply made a small bow to the Hutt, and removed herself from the barge. The deal was simple, give the Shanjaru over, the Hutt provides some Hutt Cartel funding and intel on Imperial movements throughout Hutt space to, what they believed, was a pirate group. Little did they know such a group was merely a front for the Republic to gain such precious intelligence, and the credits would be spent on the Republics efforts in obtaining further intelligence.

She detested working for the Hutt, but it was all for the greater good. At least, that's what she kept telling herself as she returned to her ship at the spaceport. Her assignments as of late have been delegated to simply working in the underworld to get an edge for the Republic, so naturally she had to do to less than savory things for the freedom that the Republic fights for. She just hopes that one day she'll get an assignment that'll take her away from the dark underworld.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Engaged to Kalaron
Personal Info: Gay male from Pennsylvania, Student of Sociology, FGC affiliated Quaker
Political Alignment: Member of the Working Families Party, Former Justice Democrat, Progressive
DISCLAIMER: My views have changed, I disavow previous posts/opinions accordingly to my changed views

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Clique
X60B Phantom, enroute to Ord Mantell

Clique was meditating in his quarters, he had several servants working around the ship. Clique was coming here on his own free will, he was a new sith lord and he was tempted to explore Taris a bit, but he had decided against it. There had been a rebellion on Ord Mantell for a while now, this was going to be the perfect place to strike down some republic loyalists. Clique was hoping to meet up with the sepertist leader, if he could get that set up he could learn of republic position in the area and well inform the empire and hopefully do some damage before jedi get on the planet. He was sure some would be sent when word of a sith was sighted on the planet. The servant droid walked into Clique's quarters, "Master, there is a incoming transmission from your estate master." Informed CV-45 as he waited to be dismissed, Clique turned on his vocabulator and finally stood up.

"What is it now?" Asked Clique as he walked out of the room and to the holotable and opened the link. "Ah Winston, what ia the matter? You know better than to call me while I am on a mission especially in Republic space. So what is the reason you have endangered my mission?" Asked Clique as he looked into Winston's eyes, he was trembling in his boots. He had been a slave even before Clique had arrived. Clique trusted the security he employed to keep the slaves inline. But he didn't enjoy this interruption at all. He had other things he could be doing, but instead he had to deal with this, the fact is he wanted to do anything besides this right now. The estate was left to be managed by Winston in hus absence, so something big must have happened to get him to call.

"Yes, sorry my lord. Lord Zash had come to visit today, upon her arrival she found out that you were not here. She did find out where you went and she seemed incredibly pissed off when she found out. So I would expect a call from her or her to come visit once you return. But I have dealt with anyone who gave her answers accordingly. So i will order more slaves to replace those ones right away. That is all I have to tell you at this time my lord. Is there anything you require of me?" Asked Winston as he had managed to regain some of his composure. Clique thought for several moments, Winston was startimg to get nervous once again and was losing his composure.

"No that will be all, now do not contact me until i contact you. I will deal with Zash once I return or she contacts me. I look forward to seeing why she was so pissed ofd at my mission." Informed Clique as he turned off the holotable and walked to the cockpit where he looked at the nav computer. He still had half an hour until they dropped out of hyperspace. Clique was going to use this time to prepare for his task ahead and to ensure he was mentally prepared.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Veleaz
Envoy

Founded: Aug 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Veleaz » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:48 pm

Khulcar Remnun
Coruscant Prison

"You know, usually people being defected too are kinder to the defectors!" I shouted at the numerous Republican Guards that marched past my cell, which was met with the usual 'shut up' or sigh. The nerve of some people! You travel halfway across the Galaxy, with the Imps out looking for you, and as soon as you show up with a protoype ship AND the names of 30 Imperial spies, they throw you in prison and take both of your things without so much as a thank you! Ridiculous. Thankfully, if Imperial Intelligence taught me anything, the Republic would come around eventually, that or the Empire would just send an agent after me, which is never great.

After a while of yelling, and getting no results, I eventually retire to a sitting position with my back facing the wall, thinking of a way out until I remembered something. The holodisk with the Imperial spies needed a password to get in, a password I had ensured only I knew. Granted, Republic splicers would try access it but why risk it when the only thing on it were known spies? I couldn't help but laugh at that little ploy. Rolling up my sleeve, I read the list of names I had tattooed on it, laughing slightly harder. Yep, they would send someone to get me, if not for the spies, then for access to the ship.

Kaidou
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Unu Saw
(A small trading planet)

Despite what it was touted to be (i.e. a major trading hub), Unu Saw was, in fact, just a sleazy hole in a barely crowded corner of the galaxy, a place visited almost exclusively by sleazy people who weren't particularly concerned about their surroundings.

Of course, it was also a perfect place for people who had things to hide; given that it was such a dark, dank place, it made it much easier for an individual to hide from pursuers. One was often less willing to search in the filthy places first, after all, regardless of how professional one was. It was a perfectly logical reaction, after all.

That particular day, when the place happened to be slightly less crowded than usual for one reason or another, a sleek, medium-sized ship printed with blaring corporate logos slowly descended upon one of Unu Saw's landing pads, knocking over a number of rubbish bins along the way; quite clearly, the pilot of the ship was rather inexperienced. Not that the spilled bins would make any difference; the place smelled terrible enough already.

Just nearby was a little building outfitted with greasy booth seats and tables, plus a counter and a dank smelling kitchen; it was a branch of the infamous Dumme Frage Burgers and Fries. A notoriously cheap and disgustingly lousy fast food chain that, somehow, had hordes and hordes of people across the galaxy coming back for more. Nobody really knew why.

From the window, a young Gamorrean dressed in a surprisingly crisp DFBF uniform (given the terrible state of the place, and compared to the filthy diners cramming soggy burgers into their mouths) watched as the ship landed, his black eyes following the movements of the vessel.

"It seems Tukum has returned with the assassin."

The moment the door of the ship flew open, an old man with a greyish toothbrush moustache stepped out. He was dressed incongruously well compared with the rest of the place; his almost completely white hair (still retaining streaks of its former gold colour) had been combed to perfection, albeit in the rather frumpy 7-3 style. In one hand, he lugged a gigantic, dark green suitcase, and in his other hand, he carried a long, metallic tube with leather straps attached.

He didn't exactly have any itinerary planed out for his stay in the sleazy place, except to commandeer himself a ship that was less tasteless than DFBF Inc's corporate vessel.

"Good day."

The old man had entered the DFBF chain, lugging his two suitcases of things along. With a grunt, he took a seat at a booth seat and placed the metal tube on the other booth seat. The Gamorrean slowly walked over and placed both his hands on the table with a thump, bending over and staring at the man.

"You are Sora Brov, are you not?"

The place fell silent. Quite evidently, the filthy diners in the equally filthy fast food outlet were aware of who the man was. Sure, his hair had turned almost completely white, and he did have more wrinkles, but it was still clear who it was.

"I'm not interested, if that's what you're asking." Brov picked up one of the grubby menus and leafed through it for a moment, before chucking it back on the table.

"You should reconsider this-"

The next moment, the Gamorrean had collapsed onto the ground in a crumpled heap; a thin needle stuck out from the side of his neck. As Brov quietly stood up, the diners slowly began to file out of the outlet.

"None of you are going out just yet."

A groan of fear reverberated through the room. From the looks of it, an obese human in the corner had lost control of his bladder.

Brov, from his black jacket, withdrew a tiny pistol that was barely the size of his hand. It wasn't an actual pistol, just a little toy that he had on him for one reason or another. Still, the diners weren't willing to take their chances, even if the assassin in the room was supposedly retired.

"I'm sure one of you might have a ship somewhere", said the assassin, holding the toy pistol out. "Please allow me to commandeer it."

One of the diners, a Neimoidian with a rather embarrassing paunch, raised his hand sheepishly.

"Good. Please let me commandeer your ship."

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013

Postby Futrellia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:04 pm

Jedi Knight Bralan Kan
Jedi Temple on Tython
Temple Interior, Main Hall

The Eye of Zallow. What a marvel. I stared deeply into the deep maroon, gold and blue details of the floating monument, a reminder of what had happened, and what could still happen should the Sith feel determined enough to try. I felt...mixed emotions as i fell into the trance of the artifact. Sadness, anger, yet peace and thankfulness. I have not been the best Jedi, and everyone around me can sense it. It's one of the main reasons i prefer to stay in the field, so the others won't sense how conflicted i am on the inside. The loss of my Master and best friend left an indelible effect on me. The Attack on the Temple was twenty or more years ago, yet the scene seems still fresh in my mind. My Master's body laying lifelessly on the cold ground, dark, burned streaks cut across his chest, his right leg. Jedi Knight Gaj'i was a tough opponent, a master of the Niman style. He wouldn't have gone down without a fight, but i had no way of knowing for sure. I always feel the pull. That pull that every Jedi gets when they are faced with a terrible decision or something that happens to them, something that changes them, morphs them into something tougher...or something weaker.

I feel my Master's presence around me, yet i ignore it. I......

I need to leave.

My eyesight cut down towards the floor as i turned to face behind me and walked towards the quarters, where most of the other Jedi slept or meditated. I needed to pack. Pack my armor, my holopads, all of it. I didn't want to return to the Temple for a while. Earlier, in the Dinner Hall, i heard of other Jedi speak of two who were traveling to Ord Mantell to provide assistance and security for the humanitarian teams sent there for some plague that was spreading. Sounded perfect for him. If he couldn't assist the Jedi in the effort, he could at least find a quiet spot among the shattered planet and meditate, something he hadn't done in weeks, maybe months. He needed to control himself. His thoughts were betraying him and he was becoming something he didn't want to be. He just needed to help, do something useful. The mission on Ord Mantell sounded perfect. While not technically on assignment at the moment, i had no problem with just leaving, without informing the Council. I'm going to pack my things and head to the hangar. Hopefully they fueled my shuttle.
Last edited by Futrellia on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Nyxera T'vesh
Project Sovereign, Somewhere in Sith Space

Several days ago she was working her way through the busy streets of a small Sith settlement on Tatoonine when she was approached by a pair of Imperial Agents. At first, she instinctively reached to attack them. They however, said they had an offer for her. Not to join the sith, but to work for a man. After hearing the price she agreed so long as all of the Darths and other Sith kept away from anything she was working on. She would work for him. She has now arrived on the station where this Grand Admiral Roan was building some secret ship. From what she caught a glimpse of as they took an elevator up to the observation deck where she was to meet the Admiral, the ship was a monstrosity. She arrived on the observation deck and was escorted forward. She looked at the crew stationed on the deck. If she was of a mind, she could cut through this entire staff, throw the Admiral out the window and be declared a hero of the Republic. However, she wasn't precisely a fan of the Republic, nor they a fan of her. She wouldn't find a better place than here to live and work.

"Grand Admiral Roan, sorry to disturb you. We have found a force-wielder willing to act as your bodyguard. Her requests were... a bit odd, but they can be easily hidden in the expense reports under guard expenses and materials," said a Lieutenant which had escorted her to the Grand Admiral. "Furthermore, she is an Echani and according to Imperial records, she has a history of killing both Jedi and Sith. She is reportedly wanted by the Jedi Council for the murder of a Jedi Knight on Ord Mantell where she apparently also killed a Sith Sorcerer."

He is reading off of a holopad describing the woman they hired as she approached. "Ah, here she is now," the Lieutenant trailed off. "Grand Admiral, this is Nyxera T'vesh. Formerly of the Jedi Order."

She gives a nod, "Formerly being the key word there. It is good to meet you Grand Admiral. It seems you have been given my full history and skill set. Just let me know when you woulwd like me to get started and hat you need done." She stands there, awaiting orders or dismissal. She eyes the other crew on the deck.
Last edited by Nuxipal on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:28 am

Aboard the Maximus, Somewhere in Sith Space

After patrolling the local sector for several days, Admiral Crix Marek's fleet of 30 ships grouped back up with Grand Admiral Roan Sho'lan's much larger armada. Upon returning, Crix retreated to his personal office aboard the Maximus, a Harrower-class dreadnought.

Crix paced around his office, as he often did, bored out of his mind. It had been three years since he saw any serious conflicts, and Crix was desperate to get back into the action. His service during the Minos Cluster Campaign was the best time of his life. Although Crix had come close to death numerous times during the long and bloody campaign, he had practically become addicted to warfare. Furthermore, he felt that the Treaty of Coruscant was far too lenient on the Republic. Crix desired to see the Republic completely dismantled, and the entire galaxy under Sith dominance. He also felt that the Dark Council had wasted the opportunity they had after the Sacking of Coruscant; leaving the Republic around was dangerous, as the citizens of the Republic would surely want revenge due to their defeat in the war. At the same time, he was somewhat grateful that the Republic was still around; war would almost certainly start up again, and in the near future, which would satiate his strong desire for combat.

Crix stopped for a moment to look out the window of his office. Many kilometers away was the Sovereign, a massive super-dreadnought being built as part of Project Sovereign. The monstrosity was close to completion, and was expected to be finished by the end of the year. It was the largest ship Crix had ever seen, and though he had seen it many times, the sheer size of it shocked him every time. However, he felt the ship was a massive waste of resources; the amount of resources used to build the ship could be used to construct multiple fleets of Harrowers, which would be far more flexible in the long run. Nevertheless, he had no say in the project.

Crix finally sat down at his desk and switched on his datapad, viewing and responding to messages from his subordinates.
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:39 am

Training Ground
Imperial Barracks
Kaas City

The two combatants circled each other warily, each one eyeing up the other warily. Abessa's eyes never left those of her opponent, fists raised in a simple guard. The air between the two was charged with tension and the intensity was enough that they hardly even registered the small crowd gathering to watch them, or the buzz of ongoing discussion and the constant click-clack of credit chips changing hands rapidly as the observers placed their bets. Technically against regulations, but when had that ever stopped the grunts from doing it when the COs weren't watching? Saying something was against regulations was a lot like telling the grunts to go full steam ahead.

A fist flew towards her and Abessa twisted away to one side, foot flashing up and blurring around. Her opponent ducked under the kick and she over-span, ducking under the punch and firing and elbow blindly behind her. A solid crack told her that she'd connected with something and she pulled herself up and span back around as her opponent found his balance again and they resumed their circling. The general roar which had built up during their engagement died back down to a low murmur for a brief moment as they waited once again.

Her opponent came at her again, a barrage of heavy, measured punches keeping her ducking, weaving and twisting frantically in order to prevent them from landing. Backpedaling frantically, a punch came out of nowhere and slammed into her guard like the wrath of God himself and Abessa's guards shattered. The next fist was no longer measured and swung in like a wrecking ball, connecting with Abessa's diaphragm and sending her sprawling to the floor, gasping for breath as her opponent paced towards her.

Something clamped around her neck and lifted her into the air, feet dangling several inches above the floor before she was flying. The floor appeared suddenly beneath her shoulder and the impact jarred up her shoulder. Rolling to her feet, she staggered a little to the left, rolling her shoulder gingerly and wincing to herself. Shaking her head, she heard a heavy, rhythmic pounding coming from ahead of her and frowned, straightening up in time to see her opponent charging towards her, fist raised and ready to crash down into her face like a meteor.

Abessa blurred into motion. Her knee slid up and slammed into his crotch before her leg straightened out and slid down to just below his knees, sending him sprawling to the round and half-curled into a foetal position. As she followed through with the move, small, choked scream drifted up from her opponent's lips and Abessa waited warily. Pacing around his prone form, she waited to either knock him back down if he tried to get up or help him up if he was ready to give up right now. Slowly, he uncurled himself and raised a hand to her, panting heavily. Around them, the crowd had thickened out and was roaring madly.

"Alright, Sarge." He grinned, face lined with pain, "You win."

"Good." Abessa grinned back, taking the meaty paw and pulling the man effortlessly to his feet, "You need to work on your self-control, Jido. I shouldn't have been able to get that knee in."

"That doesn't make me feel any better about that." Jido replied with a noticeable wince as they began to head back to the showers and changing rooms. Both of their undersuits were soaked through with sweat, the black material peppered with glistening droplets which ran down their bodies in rivulets. Stripping off the undersuits in quick, practiced motions, both of them threw the black material to one side and fell into the showers, the sudden heat a balm to their sore and aching bodies. The first time she'd hit the showers since she'd been released from her last deployment there had been a gaggle of freshies who'd wolf-whistled at her. She'd administered them a generous dosage of pain in the training rings the next time she'd seen them and the showers were now gloriously free of wolf-whistles.

As scaldingly-hot water cascaded down her back in steaming streams, Abessa felt herself melt into the metal wall and relax all of her muscles. Her arm was going to hate her for this, especially since she'd been a little too lax on her maintenance schedule as of late, but right now she didn't care about that. She'd done worse with the arm before and it was rated for total submersion for upwards of an hour. A little bit of water now was only going to cause some minor problems and she could deal with those in a five-minute maintenance session.

She had no idea how long it was before she left the showers, steaming and naked, and made her way over to her own pile of equipment but it must have been at least fifteen minutes. One of the advantages of being in the Imperil Armsman Corps: when you were off-duty you had a lot more laxity in terms of your daily routine than almost all of the other branches of the Imperial military. That was probably a direct result of the tempo of operations the Armsmen had - they'd have a week off for each deployment if they didn't get seriously injured. If they did, they'd get perhaps a month before being assigned to a new charge, depending on how serious the injury was.

With smooth movements the bodysuit was pulled on, followed by her actual armour and then her helmet and weapons before glancing back to see Jido staggering out of the showers himself, also steaming. With a small grin, hidden by her helmet, she saw that his crotch was turning a particularly livid shade of purple. That ought to drive that particular lesson home. If he remembered it, he might actually beat her next time. The small smile on her face widened out into a grin. She'd been saying that for the past five days now.

"I'll see you on the shooting range." She told him as the rest of her section made their way out of the training ground and beelined for the showers.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:50 am

Cira Starlight-Jedi Consular-En Route to Ord Mantell-3,650 BBY
It was pretty obvious that Sinya was less than pleased with the assignment, but she would not disobey our mandate. I knew her well enough to assure myself of that. I was not surprised that she did know the reputation of Ord Mantel, it certainly is not a shining example of a Republic world governed by the high ideals which we claim to defend. But I doubted much that it would fare any better under the influence of the Sith, and with it inside of the Republic, we Jedi could always work to improve the condition there. That is if we were not taxed by this war so severely. It really was a shame, the Jedi were not meant to be warriors, but this conflict with the Sith has forced us from our underlying duty to the Republic. This situation could only end, with the end of the Sith Empire. As Sinya inquired about the nature of the disease we were sent to investigate and hopefully cure I recounted what I was told in the mission briefing to her like reciting text from a holocron.

"What is really known is the symptoms which seem to appear in those infected. Which most curiously, it seems to only be infecting humans on the planet. Which suggest that either the symptoms other races may suffer from simply have not been seen yet or more likely the disease was engineered to infect humans.....and near humans." If the information worried me, it didn't show. "Don't worry, that means you should be fine. But it seems that the disease escalates in a series of stages. The first stage is a high fever and loss of energy. The second stage is marked by vomiting and dehydration and the final stage by black sores and blotches on the skin. Then the victim dies as his organs begin to shut down. The whole process takes only roughly twelve hours. But the plague has had the affect of making the local alien populations fearful of humans, as they fear that they will be affected to. We need to get there before we can know for sure if the disease simply does not affect aliens or if they only have a delayed response to it." As I finished explaining all I knew of the plague m face lit up as I remembered that I wanted to give Sinya something.

Going into my robes I pulled out a very worn brown text. A rather old book that was given to me by my former Master not long after he took me for training. Books are not a very common thing in this galaxy, but can be found if you know where to look. This one in particular was titled 'Secrets of the Living Force' and if one looked inside of it's bent and worn pages you could see my own notes scribbled inside of it. "I thought that you should have this." I explained, handing the text to her. "It's a text which covers different topics related to the Living Force, which also is the field in which healing through the Force is explained. It seems an appropriate study considering our current mission. It even has information in there regarding which animal species are capable of using the force. It really is a interesting read, you could use that to pass the time until we get to Ord Mantell." I then started to pace away in the direction of the command bridge, then turned around. "That is unless you have something better to do in the meantime." I said playfully, before finally departing to find the captain.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:11 am

Shooting Range
Imperial Barracks
Kaas City

Another burst of blaster bolts shot downrange, tearing through the holo-target downrange in a neat cluster around its centre of mass. Cleanly pulling the power pack out of the weapon and placing it at her hip, she slotted the new power pack in, shifted her aim and sent another burst into the target's head. Shifting her aim once more, she had another burst sprayed into the target's crotch. Pausing for a moment, she examined her handiwork. None of the neat groupings of blaster holes were more than an inch or two across, looking more like singular holes than the clusters they were. Nodding to herself, she pressed the button which renewed the holo before her comms beeped twice, indicating a message.

Stepping back from the firing line, Abessa stowed her blaster on her back and tapped her wrist, bringing up the image of the official who was assigned the enormously dull job informing her whenever she and her squad were assigned to a new charge. She knew for a fact that the poor man was so starved of excitement in his life that he was part of the ongoing competition amongst the other officials he worked with to see who could pass on orders from the most famous of the Sith. It was somewhat pathetic, but it told Abessa just how important her assignments were going to be: from the ecstatic glow and the soft smile on the man's face, Abessa knew that this was an important assignment.

"Yes?" She asked, an edge of casual irateness creeping into her voice.

"New assignment." The man said, entirely redundantly, "Straight from the Admiralty."

Abessa straightened up a little at that last part. This really was important if it was coming from the office at the very top of the Imperial Navy

"Go on." She snapped.

"They've been getting that Sovereign superweapon, or whatever the Living Force it actually is, built for years now." The official continued, long-since inured to Abessa's impatience, "You're wanted for the Admiral at the head of the project's entourage. One Admiral Sho'Lan."

Abessa nodded, as much to herself as to the official. The Sovereign. The Empire had been touting it as the epitome of the Imperial war machine ever since they'd disclosed that they were working on it, but they'd never been completely candid about what it actually was. The rumour mill had, of course, ground away on the subject, but Abessa doubted it was a planet-destroying superweapon. The Admiralty was dumb, sure, but not quite that dumb. Still...if she was being posted to the project itself, there was going to be repercussions. For a start, it was a political assignment as much as it was a military one - something she was simultaneously pleased about and pissed about. It was nice to not have to deal with continual firefights, but she also liked to know who was about to shoot her.

"We've got a Gage ready to go." The official went on, oblivious to the internal thoughts of his eight-year partner, "It's taking an additional influx of engineers up there and it had extra capacity so we attached you onto it. You're going to be officially sworn to secrecy pre-jump under article seventeen, subsection nine, of the Wartime Secrecy Act but after that you're acting in accordance with the Imperial Armsman Corps Standing Orders sixteen, subsection one."

"Got it." She nodded, "When and where?"

"Kaas spaceport, bay nineteen, authorisation code Juliet-nineteen-kilo, one hour from now." The official said, "Good luck."

"Thanks." Abessa said as sincerely as she could pretend to be before turning to the six others who were still practicing, "Alright people, pack it up. We've got a new charge and we're leaving in an hour, so get everything you can grab in five minutes, 'cause that's when we're leaving."
Last edited by Spindle on Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

Futrellia
Ambassador

Postby Futrellia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:36 am

Jedi Guardian Bralan Kan
Jedi Temple on Tython
Temple Interior, Bralan's Quarters

My quarters, like any other Jedi's quarters when he stayed at the Temple, was small, fitting only a bed, a terminal, a dresser and a pad, where we would meditate on. Unlike others, my room wasn't neatly kept. The bed spread was thrown down on the forward section of the bed, the sheets were wrinkled, the pillow was hanging off of the bed by four inches. My terminal desk had pieces of an additional lightsaber i was constructing around it. The casings were scattered and the blue crystal sat lying in front. I hadn't touched this room in nearly a month. I would get around to cleaning it someday, or maybe just let the staff come in here and do their cleaning jobs. Either way, i wasn't cleaning it today. The air seemed heavier then when i last visited my quarters. I reached down by the entrance of my door and grabbed my backpack, a worn black bag bearing a white, faded Republic symbol across the majority of it. This bag had held up for six years...tough little thing. I scoured the room, looking for things i would need out there if i couldn't find it at a local shop. My comlink was the first. I knew if i didn't take that and couldn't find another, i would be in a predicament if i was ambushed. I didn't feel like taking the chance, at least not today. I grabbed my spare set of black Jedi robes, because i wasn't going to wear the same clothing for a long period of time. I wasn't that messy. Some small recon probes just for general surveying of the land and maybe tracking targets. Last, an old necklace. A square wooden piece covered in engravings and a green line pointing vertically across the top to bottom, a parting gift from my family and clan. The black strap had turned grayish from age, the wooden piece chipped in a few tiny areas, but it was still dear to me. Instead of stuffing it inside of my bag, i slipped it around my neck, burying it deep inside of my tunic, where only i would see it.

I looked behind me, down towards the corner where my mat lay. The cushion itself was a dark green, a silver, metallic, outline around it. It reminded me of my countless meditation sessions with my master, when i was in the early stages of Padawan. Every morning, noon, and evening, we would meditate for hours. At the time, i couldn't stand it. I was aching to get ahold of a lightsaber, practice with droids, or run the obstacle courses, but instead, we meditated. Looking back now, i had overlooked a certain aspect that meditation produced, and that was the peace. I had never felt more at peace, calm, and powerful in the force then i did when i meditated. I was out of touch with it, and my mind was so clouded, i could think of nothing but sadness and despair. It's a wonder i haven't been labeled a Gray.

For the sake of the past, and the potential benefit and peace i could receive, i won't leave just yet. I'm going to meditate. Try to get myself back where i need to be as a Jedi, or suffer the paths of my own confusion and loss. I walked over to the pad, standing over it, i turned, and began to descend. I crossed my legs, rested my arms upon my knees, palms up. I took a deep breath in, holding it for two seconds, then letting it out. I slowly closed my eyes, clearing my mind of all thoughts, i rested.
Last edited by Futrellia on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Altegonnia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Altegonnia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:45 am

Above Dromund Kass, inside the Harbinger.

Darth Victus sat stationary in his private meditation chamber. "Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
" he would repeat to himself over and over as he felt
The force flow through him and around him. Victus spent most of his time here communing with the force and letting its power come into his understanding and attention. Many Sith spent their days schemeing and fighting one another instead of exploring the power held in the force. To them it was a tool to be thrown at their enemy, but to Victus it was the key to everything. He had spent his life studying the dark side of the force and using its power to hurt the republic. Suddenly the door to his chamber would burst open and a Sith servant of his order would enter before bowing respectively. Victus would arise, annoyed his personal meditation had been interrupted. He would say,"what is it brother that was important enough to disturb me?"

"The reports you requested have arrived. Our commanders on the border worlds report that they have requested reinforcements like we requested. They have also agreed to set up more turrets to ease your concerns on defensiveness. Also our officer on the bridge of
"The justice" attempted to alert us to something Darth Acina is up to. However the only word he could get to us unnoticed was the word Soverign. We looked into it and we don't have any members with classification access to those files. Lastly rebels are causing trouble on the world of Balmorra. Silent brotherhood officers on the world are requesting backup, they think the republic is behind these rebels due how organized and well armed they are."

Victus would nod to show he understood the news. He would then order,"attempt to contact our officer through discreet line. He may have more for us. Also alert the bridge I'm taking command."

The man would bow before leaving. Victus would leave his chamber, instantly flanked by two Imperial marines who would walk him to the elevator up to the bridge. He would then come on to the bridge in which the captain would yell,"Darth Victis now has the bridge!" To which everyone would nod in understanding. He would walk over to his chair in the center of the bridge and would declare,"Balmorra is experiencing a possible rebellion. We must crush this rebellion and investigate possible republic ties. Prepare to jump to balmorra!"
"As you wish m'lord"

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:22 am

Hangar Bay
Justice
Sovereign Construction Site

Seven Mark VI Supremacy-class fighters settled down in neat rows in the Dreadnought's Hangar Bay, before their cockpits hissed open and the seven pilots climbed down from the vehicles. As soon as they were out of the way engineers swarmed over the craft, attaching a viper's nest of wires and tubes and connectors to the craft and pulling plates away in order to bare the vulnerable interior workings of the small craft. None of the seven members of Abessa's section - or technically retinue now - so much as glanced at the beehive of activity their arrival had caused. They were used to it by now.

At the end of the Hangar Bay, an Orderly met them and silently gestured for them to follow her before heading off into the maze of twisting corridors, stairwells and lifts which was the result of such a massive ship. Appraising the soldiers around her, Abessa felt her eyebrows rising under her helmet. Despite the enormity of the project they were working on, not one of the people she passed didn't react to the seven soldiers walking past. Exposure turned awe into a sense of banality, it seemed, but they were new. It wasn't everyday that people saw customised armour, but to see seven suits at the same time? She hoped the reaction would die quickly. It made her job easier when people didn't think of her and her team as anything more than furniture.

Finally stepping out onto the Bridge of the ship, she glanced around the room. Other than the Bridge crew, who lacked the armament to be a credible threat, there was the Grand Admiral himself, who was wearing a lightsabre hilt at his waist, and a Human-looking woman with a Louie standing next to her. The woman also wore a lightsabre hilt at her waist, as well as a suit of battle armour made in the apparent image of a Force-user's robes. Whether she was a force-user herself or had merely killed one, this woman was sending alarm bells ringing through Abessa's mind. They knew enough about the Grand Admiral and his Bridge crew that they were known elements: the woman was certainly not.

Spreading out into a rough perimeter around the Bridge, her squad fell into an easy stance which belied the speed with which they could - and would - have weapons up and firing at the first sign of trouble. Abessa herself paced silently up the Bridge, stopping alongside and a hair behind the other woman and relaxing with her hands clasped in the small of her back. The Imperial Armsman insignia on her left breast was all the introduction she needed as she waited for the Grand Admiral to finish viewing the enormous waste of expenditure which sat just outside of the window which spanned the bridge.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:58 am

Roan listened intently to the lieutenant as he read the woman's dossier. Echani...has killed both Jedi and Sith...yes, she's perfect. Roan thought as the lieutenant continued until he announced the arrival of Nyxera. Then Roan gazed at the woman before him, she was beautiful yet strong, cunning and willing.

Roan then held his hand out to the woman before him. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Nyxera. Your dossier is quite extensive, your feats are beyond on those of the average Jedi." Roan stated, as he smiled. "I don't have anything that's a priority that needs done. However you, along with any others you'll be working with will receive the same payment fitting that of a Grand Admiral. Your credits will come directly from my own pocket." Roan then looked at the lieutenant next to him. "See to it that she receives the finest quarters we have."

Then Roan noticed that a Imperial Squad had entered the bridge. Then he noticed that another woman had appeared behind Nyxera. He noticed she was strong and hardened most likely from years of experience, he noticed the imperial symbol on her chest plate. Roan then thought and thought, she seemed familiar to him...then he realized. NO! THAT CAN'T BE! Roan thought his eyes widening. "Abessa Tiile? Is that truly you?" Roan spoke, excitement on his tongue. "One second, please Nyxera." Roan then stepped around Nyxera and approached Abessa.

Roan then quickly took Abessa's hand and shook it with both of his hands, totally forgetting Imperial procedure. "I can't believe I'm meeting Abessa Tiile! I looked up to you so much while I was at the Academy! You are a hero to us all!" Roan quickly sputtered out. The lieutenant that was at Roan's side along with the rest of the men on the bridge all looked at Roan, noticing how strange this was, even after serving with him for three years now.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:23 am

Bridge
Justice
Sovereign Construction Site

Abessa drank in everything she could learn about the woman next to her. Her name was Nyxera, and she was...a Jedi? Or an ex-Jedi more likely, given that the Jedi were something of a stickler for the Republic. Not quite as ingrained into it as the Sith were into the Empire, but that was a moot point. And she was on payroll...a merc? If so, Abessa would have expected her to be in a company, or at the very least not on her own. Still, she had enough to find the other woman's file and learn about her: make her a known factor. Or at least, less of an unknown factor.

And then the Admiral seemed to be done with the ex-Jedi and his eyes danced across her retinue before landing on her and...why did he look so excited? As he asked if it was her, she blinked twice. Who was this man? Before she knew what was happening he was pumping her hand up and down and gushing out about his time in the Academy. A small, seedling suspicion sprouted in her mind and she closed her eyes, recalling how old he was. Twenty-six or twenty-seven, right? Which meant, he'd entered the Academy in the immediate aftermath of the Battle of Roarke's Pride...they hadn't, had they? She'd been enrolled as a personal defence instructor after that, but she'd thought it was because she'd displayed that she bloody well knew what she was doing - Jedi weren't easy to fight, after all.

"Uh...thank you, Sir." She confirmed as soon as he let go of her hand, "It's an honour, Sir. I didn't realise people knew about me."

Futrellia
Ambassador

Postby Futrellia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:17 pm

Jedi Guardian Bralan Kan
Jedi Temple on Tython
Interior, Bralan's Quarters

My eyes flashed open to the darkness that had once been my room, small bits of light peering through the window adorning above my terminal. I began my meditation when the sun was blazing directly over ahead. I didn't expect to finally end this session long past dusk. It had been like my eyes sealed shut and i began reliving everything that was tormenting me. The Jedi Temple on Coruscant, the battle within the halls, the escape, long before that as well. I witnessed my birth, my parents, the Jedi Order's adoption of me. I watched as Darth Malgus drove his lightsaber into Master Zallow's abdomen, and i saw the Temple reduced to ruins shortly after my departure. I saw my master, and the battle that took his life. It answered many of the questions i needed answered, and i knew my master was at peace within the Force. My anger, sadness, my pull to the dark side, it had vanished. I felt renewed, i felt at peace. I felt....tranquility itself. The air that was so thick in the day, had turned much cooler, and the lingering smell of abandon had diminished into nothingness.

While my meditation healed me temporarily, i knew i would need to continue this practice. For the sake of me being a Jedi, i needed to continue the trend so many other Jedi follow. But my trip to Ord Mantell was still priority, and considering how long my meditation took, i'm quite late. I rose from the mat, now very warm from my prolonged sitting, walked to the side of my bed, where my bag laid. I grabbed the bag and walked to the entrance, the maroon and gold door hissing open. I turned to take a second look at this room of mine. I needed to take better care of my possessions, and i will upon my return. But for now, it would wait. I exited the room, walking down the hallways, a passing by another Jedi, who gave a passing nod. I recognized him. Another Jedi Guardian, by the name of Kalir Ly'alu. I remembered dueling with him a few months back. An avid practitioner of the Ataru form, our battles would last anywhere from fifteen minutes to forty-five minutes. Crowds would gather to marvel at the sight of us dueling. Due to my deep training in the Djem So form, our battles were long, tough, and exhausting. Both of us would strike and strike and strike until we found an opening, which would always rarely be there. The storm of green and blue was dizzying to most others, but we both knew where we stood, and what our next move would be. He's a very tough opponent. I'd want him as my partner if i were deployed against Sith warriors.

Temple Exterior, Hangar Bay 2

As i entered through the archway leading into the Hangar Bay, i immediately spotted my ship a few vessels away. I could see mechanics surrounding a few of the ships, either cleaning battle residue, replacing panels, or switching out shorting engines with newer, upgraded versions. Nobody seemed to touch mine though, considering how clean mine appeared. The Republic Transport Shuttle i had "borrowed" back on Coruscant. It wasn't the fastest, nor the strongest, but it made it out of Coruscant in one piece, which was impressive due to the amount of Sith cruisers that had descended upon the Capital. She wasn't pretty, but she was reliable.

I had strutted past the various other vessels in the hangar, and made it to the rear of the shuttle. The rear entrance door hissed open, and a sliding ramp met at my feet, lights flickering on in the inside airlock. I entered my shuttle, walked past the airlock door, climbed the short flight of stairs and took a seat in the cockpit, staring out at the other ships down below, and the top parts of the shuttle. After a sequence of buttons, i could feel the ship begin to rumble as engines warmed. I watched as one by one, the exterior lighting shown brightly in the night, illuminating areas of the Hangar previously cloaked in darkness.

Exterior lights, check. Life Support, check. Oxygen tanks, check. duel laser turret, online. Everything seems to be in order. I leaned back in my red leather armchair, admiring the mountainous range and large, thick trees that surrounded virtually the entire Temple. While the Temple on Coruscant did possess much more room, this Temple did have quite a view. I can still remember watching thousands of lines of starships and speeders racing along in the Coruscanti skyline, the millions of nearby buildings lighting up the midnight sky. I always enjoyed midnight walks out in the Southeastern Gardens on Coruscant. The peace of it. Seeing no one else around calmed me from a long day of training.

A green light began blinking to the right of me, near a panel of flashing yellow buttons. Engines were warm, and ready to go. I stamped the green button with my pointer finger, and the low rumble grew louder and stronger as the Ion engines' blue thrusters bursted outwards. The underneath thrusters ignited, picking the shuttle upwards. I reached over to the left, pulling a latch upwards, retracking the three landing arms and protracting the two engines.

Here we go. I pulled upwards on the two levers closest to me, resulting in both engines firing off at full speed, sending the ship zooming upwards, away from the Jedi Temple, which was growing smaller and smaller by the second. As the ship continued upwards, i took this opportunity to insert a disc into one of the onboard terminals. I had borrowed it from the Jedi Mission Database just for this occasion. Several images appeared on the holographic display shooting upwards from the center of the terminal in bright blue light. Ord Mantell. I needed to study the details of this mission as well as the Jedi who were assigned to it. The plague that inflicted pain on the camp there was intriguing, though saddening. I couldn't help but feel a sense of urgency while studying the planet and the situation. It felt like something was going to happen there, almost like a gut feeling. Could just be nerves.

Ah. Here are the Jedi. Jedi Consular Cira Starlight and Padawan Sinya Koyi. Color me impressed. 130 assignments as a Padawan. My assignments only amounted to 71. The Hutt mission, the fateful Sith Lord she encountered. Her Padawan's file read of her prior life as a slave. The word "hatred" stood out towards the end of the reading. A Jedi using the word hate, that's something that could either be harmless or devastating. With her troubled background, i'm sure that Cira can bring out the best in her. If not, well....another one lost. But i should meet her before making any sudden theories such as that. Either way, my place was to assist Cira and Sinya, as well as help provide security for the camp as described in this report. Three Jedi are always better than two, especially with such a fragile peace holding the two dominant galactic forces from ripping each other to pieces once more. In a time such as this, there was no room for idle Jedi after the Sacking of Coruscant. I had to make myself useful somehow, and with no assignments coming my way any time soon, this was the best course of action.

I entered the coordinates for Ord Mantell of the Bright Jewel System, awaited the codes to be accepted, then felt the hyper drive gearing up. I reached to my right and pulled down a small lever. Immediately the effects of entering hyperspace began wearing on me. The gut-wrenching feeling overcame my body as the stars rippled into long strands of light then immediately passed me, a long, blue swirling tunnel replacing them as the ship fully entered hyperspace. Now the time would come for me to wait.

A perfect time to continue my meditations.

Sulania
Senator

Founded: May 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulania » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:09 pm

Sinya Koyi
Padawan to Jedi Knight Cira Starlight
En Route to Ord Mantell

The fact the disease only seemed to affect humans didn't put Sinya's mind at ease at all. Really, one of the worst parts of plagues such as these is the effects it has on the bystanders who watch as people they know and cared about fall victim to something that, as of now, appears very much out of their control. As her master went on about the symptoms, Sinya could feel her skin crawling in terror, the sense of dread over what they are likely to witness on the planet was sending chills up her spine. All she could do was look at her master with disbelief over the agonizing stages. Her mind then wondered to ways of contracting it, along with where the illness could have come from, but all were questions that were beyond her at the current moment. Sinya, putting her worries behind a mask of determination, nodded in recognition of their mission.

As her master handed her the book, Sinya was of mixed feelings. On one hand, the gratitude for a gift was present, on the other the same old childlike disappointment of the gift being a book. She knew how her master believed in the living force, so the semi-disappointed Twi'lek took the book and hid her own brash dismay behind a simple "Thank you, master." She looked to the book and just pondered the contents for a bit as her master walked towards the bridge.

With her master's playful encouragement, she took the book and opened it. "Secrets of the Living Force..." Sinya read aloud. "I guess I really don't have anything better to do." As she began reading the contents, seeing what wisdom could be held within.

Rahasia Tiralle
Agent of the Republic
En Route to Coruscant

Agent Tiralle paced back and forth as her handler from SIS debriefed her on the current situation, his face stern and that only being further pronounced by his plain military dress. Beside him was a SIS counter-intelligence operative that Rahasia recognized from way back when she first arrived on Coruscant as Agent Corga, a male cathar only a little older than herself whose overall physique makes him look more like a bruiser for the underworld instead of a Republic agent and his piercing green eyes always making her uncomfortable.

"So let me get this straight: You want me to come back so I can 'interview' a defector from the Empire, who may or may not have good intel? Why don't we just splice his holodisk and be done with it? We don't even know if he's here to help or just lead us on some spice run!" She stated candidly, the annoyance of being pulled back only for this showing a little bit. She'd probably have to check her own implants and cybernetics later to make sure they weren't overheating from how hotheaded she was getting. She wanted to get out of the underworld, definitely, but not to just interview some Imperial traitor.

"That's enough!" Agent Corga screamed through the holo. "That holodisk, if it has imperial spies, is too important to splice since, y'know, it can damage the contents. And let's not forget, Agent Tiralle, of the incident on Hoth where a similar situation caused by you, a self-proclaimed expert splicer, nearly cost us an operation a whole month in!"

Rahasia was angered by the overgrown cat's recall of her escapade on Hoth "How was I suppose to know that splicing through the Chiss shipment records would not only delete them, but alert the Imps to o-"

"Settle down, you too." Rahasia's handler interrupted. "This isn't negotiable, Rahasia. You're one of our best operatives for negotiation and deception. If anyone can get through what this Imperial may be employing, it's you. There is no arguing this, you have your assignment."

Rahasia only looked down in disappointment and shook her head in disapproval. "As you say, sir. I'll be planetside in a few minutes."

"Very good." he said as the holo fizzled off.

SIS Interrogation Room #11b

Rahasia paced around the room as a group of Republic soldiers escorted the Imperial defector to the room, taking only a moment to acknowledge her. "Prisoner 4836, as per request ma'am." The grunt said quickly, almost as if he recited it the entirety of the way there.

"That'll be all." She said, as the soldiers then began to scurry from the room. "They may be more comfortable putting numbers on people, but I prefer names. Khulcar Remnun, Imperial defector, I'm assuming you can be trusted without your shackles?" She asked, holding the key to the bounds that held the prisoner's hands together.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Engaged to Kalaron
Personal Info: Gay male from Pennsylvania, Student of Sociology, FGC affiliated Quaker
Political Alignment: Member of the Working Families Party, Former Justice Democrat, Progressive
DISCLAIMER: My views have changed, I disavow previous posts/opinions accordingly to my changed views

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:31 pm

It was at that moment Roan realized what he had done. He immediately dropped Abessa's hand, lost his wide smile and saluted her. "Excuse me ma'am. That was rude of me. My friends and I at the academy looked up to you. You inspire many of my comrades to pursue the Imperial Army while I stuck with the Navy." Roan then lowered his arm, and the smile came back. "I recall hearing that you held out for two hours protecting a Sith Acolyte during the Sacking of Coruscant. Simply amazing I must say, I'm quite impressed that command was able to recruit you." Roan then looked over and noticed Nyxera was left standing there.

"Oh my apologizes Nyxera. Allow me to introduce Abessa Tiile of the Imperial Armsmam. Abessa Tiile, this is Nyxera T'vesh." Roan announced as he moved to the side so the two could see each other. "I will send you both dossiers on the people you'll be working with. There is a third member currently not on this ship, but he's close. I'll discuss the details of your missions once our third part arrives. In the mean time you are both granted full access to the Justice and should you ever need anything please send word for me. If you'll excuse me I need to send word to Admiral Crix Marek." Roan concluded as he walked off to the other side of the bridge towards the communications computer.

Once there he contacted the Maximus. "Admiral Crix Marek, this is Grand Admiral Roan Sho'Lan I request your presence on the Justice's bridge immediately. Over and out.[/i]

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:46 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:

It was at that moment Roan realized what he had done. He immediately dropped Abessa's hand, lost his wide smile and saluted her. "Excuse me ma'am. That was rude of me. My friends and I at the academy looked up to you. You inspire many of my comrades to pursue the Imperial Army while I stuck with the Navy." Roan then lowered his arm, and the smile came back. "I recall hearing that you held out for two hours protecting a Sith Acolyte during the Sacking of Coruscant. Simply amazing I must say, I'm quite impressed that command was able to recruit you." Roan then looked over and noticed Nyxera was left standing there.

"Oh my apologizes Nyxera. Allow me to introduce Abessa Tiile of the Imperial Armsmam. Abessa Tiile, this is Nyxera T'vesh." Roan announced as he moved to the side so the two could see each other. "I will send you both dossiers on the people you'll be working with. There is a third member currently not on this ship, but he's close. I'll discuss the details of your missions once our third part arrives. In the mean time you are both granted full access to the Justice and should you ever need anything please send word for me. If you'll excuse me I need to send word to Admiral Crix Marek." Roan concluded as he walked off to the other side of the bridge towards the communications computer.

Once there he contacted the Maximus. "Admiral Crix Marek, this is Grand Admiral Roan Sho'Lan I request your presence on the Justice's bridge immediately. Over and out.[/i]

While using his datapad, Crix noticed that he had a voice message from the Grand Admiral, requesting Crix's presence on the bridge of the Justice immediately. Crix knew this had to be important if the Grand Admiral himself needed him immediately. He suddenly became ecstatic- maybe he was finally being put back into the action on some sort of mission.

"I will arrive momentarily, sir," Crix replied to the Grand Admiral. He then messaged his subordinates to prepare a shuttle for his arrival on the Justice.

Crix moved quickly towards the docking bay of the Maximus, where he found the shuttle ready for him. After boarding the shuttle, it lifted out of the docking bay and into the vacuum of space.

After some time passed, the shuttle landed in the docking bay of the Justice. Crix found an elevator and took it up to the bridge of the ship.

Dernland
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dernland » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:10 pm

Corvoz Ice Field, Hoth System

The Typhon floated lifelessly among the massive hunks of rock and ice orbiting a small white star. To the casual observer the ship was just another space-wreck, but closer inspection revealed something else entirely. If one looked hard enough, they could see little grey specks dotting the gunmetal surface of the surprisingly undamaged hull. The Typhon was, in fact, anything but lifeless. The ship had been running dark for almost a week now, leaving only the bare essential systems online. Someone would actually have to be inside the ship to know whether or not it was active. The aforementioned grey specks were marines acting as lookouts for the supposed "Imperial Outpost". And I, Emile Cotera, was one of those little grey specks clinging to the ship. Trust me, spending six hours magnetically attached to a hunk of metal, scanning the endless fields of lifeless rock, softly tapping the side of your helmet just to remind yourself that you aren't deaf, and breathing stale, recycled air isn't anywhere near as exciting as it sounds.

I was nearing the end of my shift when something gleamed in the corner of my eye. This wasn't the regular gleam of ice or rock. No, this was the pure shine of polished metal. I turned my head to face this anomaly, my visor automatically polarizing to filter out the sun's glow. It was definitely artificial, but I needed a closer look. A few blinks brought up a magnified view and I turned the small knob on the side of my helmet until I could make out all the details. It was a station of some kind built into a large asteroid. The surface was black and angular; the perfectionist design just screamed Imperial. Snapping a few holo-photos, I pulled up a comms channel to the bridge.

"Bridge, this is Sergeant Cotera. I have visual on a suspected target, transferring visual and telemetric data now." I said, audiable only to myself and whoever was on the other side.

The channel was silent for a few moments before a young voice replied, "Affirmative Sergeant, recall all marines from ship exterior and prepare for possible combat operations."

"Ack." I replied before signalling all of the other lookouts to return to the airlocks.

Even as I went through the extensive re-pressurization process, I could tell that ship systems were coming back online. For the first time in weeks I could feel the reactor humming beneath my boots, a most welcome experience. I stepped out of the airlock with a handful of other soldiers, all of us removing our helmets and sighing with varying levels of relief. "Will Lieutenant Dannvers and Sergeants Cotera, Mykos, and Silve please report to the bridge." After a second, far more exasperated sigh, I set off at a light jog towards the fore of the ship. I met up with the two other Sergeants on my way, each looking just as haggard as I felt, although the Lieutenant was nowhere to be found. We reached the bridge a few minutes after being called up, and discovered that we had beaten the Lieutenant there altogether. She arrived a few moments later in hastily assembled combat armor that was missing a pauldron.

The ship's Captain, Commander Namian, turned to address the four of us. "Good, you've arrived." He seemed to ignore the Lieutenants tardiness, "We have confirmation that the station Sergeant Cotera discovered is of Imperial design. We are attempting to initiate communications, but I wan't all of you to prep your men for immediate boarding action." We saluted, but he signaled for us to stay as he approached the holo-communicator.

"Attention unknown Imperial vessel, this is Captain Namian of the Republic Starship Typhon. You are operating in Republic space, a clear violation of the Treaty of Coruscant. I request that you abandon your station and vacate this system or we will be forced to take hostile action." The Captain's elaborate speech was carefully prepared, as he had weeks to prepare. We all knew that even the smallest of engagements could re-ignite the war. There was utter silence on the bridge for several minutes, no response from the station. Without warning, a warning siren blared throughout the ship.

"They're arming weapons sir." One of the Ensigns shouted from his station. The Captain turned to us, gave a sharp salute and dismissed us before turning back to command the bridge. The four of us ran to our respective barracks, roused our men (who by now were armed and ready), and double timed it to the hangar where six pristine shuttles awaited their passengers. Me and my squad filed aboard, followed closely by the Lieutenant. The loading ramp retracted with a flash and the blast door closed. We were about to blast right into the combat zone.
I am a Mormon

I have no wives
I love jello

I don't hate homosexuals
Potatoes are a staple of my diet, but only because my family's Irish

I'm not rich.

TG me any more stereotypes and I'll see if they fit.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:29 pm

[quote="Sulania";p="29813107"]Mygeeto, Albarrio Sector

Three Years Ago...

The Men with the Red Swords were no stranger to the barracks of which her Momma and Poppa and all of her friends resided. They've been staying for the past couple of weeks, working for the Masters on business that did not concern the young Lurmen.

There was a large and very bad Zeltron man who had a red sword, who was angry almost all the time. He was a big bully at times like the Drivers, but the young Lurmen knew better than to speak her mind. An armored man with a gun saluted the big bully. A few words passed between them, and the Zeltron pulled out his red sword and cut down the armored figure.

"Kill them." the Zeltron hollered at the soldiers "Saulren is dead, so we shall avenge these fat Masters by robbing them of their slaves!"

The next few minutes were a blur. Red slashing, pleas, blasterfire, screams...

She was hurt, the sting of a blasterbolt singed through her body, and she felt as if she would die. But she hid under an enclave which hid her.

No longer could she tell time, or how long she lay there, or how she hadn't bled out. Then...

"...Raegus's work..." a voice murmured. A feeble gurgle emitted her lips, all she could do for a cry for help.
"H...h...elp..." she wheezed. There were footsteps coming towards her, she didn't care if she would die. "Pl...ea...zzz..."
She would be picked up by a scaled man, intimidating in feature, but with caring and calculating eyes. And her eyes would be shut in a weary sleep.

The name of the Lurmen; Yan La. The scaled man; Darth Drathen. This will be their tale.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

The Shadow Republik
Envoy

Founded: Feb 06, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Shadow Republik » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:03 pm

Rogue Shadow enroute to Ord Mantell to deliver relief supplies

Shadow had been sitting for hours talking to his maintenance droid Ashe had nothing else to do. He remembered one of the Jedi Masters was always saying paitince is a virtue but he bet that in that master were here instead of him that he would be board out of his mind. So instead of arguing the specs of the D5-Mantis he was going to buy after this mission he decided to go to sleep for the remainder of the trip which was about 4 hours.
4 Hours later in orbit around Ord Mantell
Shadow was woken up by the sound of the hyperspace unit shutting off as he made his way to the cockpit he grabbed his lightsaber to be safe as any thing could happen. Once he was in the cockpit he contacted the landing control center which at first only responded with static till Shadow kicked the console and it gave audible sound. After that the controller asked "why is your ships computer transmittino tat you are going to be landing outside the largest hospital camp?"

Shadow replied by saying "I'm carrying 6 tons of relief and 40 environmentally sealed hazard suits think they will want these so they can help the plague victims. What do you think? will they want these supplies or not? Because I get paid either way." as he said that he gave a slight cocky smile and added a "well?" to his last statement.

The opererator sighed and gave shadow the quardenents to the landing site out side the largest of the hospital camps. Shadow thanked the man and began his descent into Ord Mantell's atmosphere after he told the computer what to do he leaned back and closed his eyes and hoped everything would go fine.
]Full Member of the International Space Agency

NEWS: The shadow republik is currently embroiled in a cold war with other members of Yggdrasil over weather socialism is better than capitalism according to current info 2 battles have broken out 1 fought in the real world and one fought on a computer simulation stand by for more developments

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse