NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites - The ninth or tenth greatest superhero team

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:23 pm

I am either doing a caffiene empowered hero or a body manipulator with some quirks.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Thecreamof
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Thecreamof » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Shadowwell wrote:I am either doing a caffiene empowered hero or a body manipulator with some quirks.

May I suggest a body manipulator who can only use their powers when empowered by caffeine? Boom; best of both worlds!
Our nation uses roughly 50.01% NS stats, 49.99% fact books.
Political views: I guess I'm a moderate who leans strongly towards liberal? Or perhaps a liberal who leans strongly towards moderate? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Something interesting about me: I can wiggle both my ears! I can also crack/pop both my wrists @ will, but I can crack/pop my right wrist easier than my left!

Setinel
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:25 pm

I need this. Like the popes toilet needs holy craps. I guarantee I'll sign up for this. Besides, someone needs the dumb power of breathing out pure hydrogen instead if carbon monxide.
98% of all NS users would cry if they had to read a lot to understand an RP, regardless of how good it was. If you're one of the 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:42 pm

Do we need anything more established before we get an OOC up?
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:49 pm

I think my character would be either a former member of the mob who ran away and using new identity while playing heroism to small town, or as a rather normal guy who part-timing as a hero in his free time.

I'll play probably the only sane man in the team. Or woman.

The first Galactic Republic wrote:Do we need anything more established before we get an OOC up?

More details on Minnesota infinities? Like their income, the details of the group, their enemies?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Tag. This looks hilarious.

What about a character whose power is that he can make things not work right, not function properly, but he can't control it? It just kind of happens around him...
Last edited by Talchyon on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:58 pm

I'll try to get the OOC up tonight.

I think I have a sufficiently hilarious overarching plot. The Infinites are taking on one or more recruits, and they decide to harass the new guys. They lie and say they have this mission that has to be completed and they send the recruits to do it as initiation, but really they're just hazing them.

Somehow though one or more of the recruits go missing. The Minnesota Infinites are tasked by the higher ups to find them and the whole team ends up over its head with an increasingly intricate conspiracy.

Setinel
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:40 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:I'll try to get the OOC up tonight.

I think I have a sufficiently hilarious overarching plot. The Infinites are taking on one or more recruits, and they decide to harass the new guys. They lie and say they have this mission that has to be completed and they send the recruits to do it as initiation, but really they're just hazing them.

Somehow though one or more of the recruits go missing. The Minnesota Infinites are tasked by the higher ups to find them and the whole team ends up over its head with an increasingly intricate conspiracy.

I want the rest of the infinites once they're all captured to be forced to watch. I have a really fun idea I think could work fun with having them watch *cough*my guys crushung on another much more popular infinite with her own comic brand a crap*cough*he's gonna act like a fool and she's gonna have to watch*cough*
98% of all NS users would cry if they had to read a lot to understand an RP, regardless of how good it was. If you're one of the 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:53 am

I decided to cancel that suggestion for a lame-villain. It was actually borrowed, and may be under copyright. So, no on the "Neat-O man" you may have already read, before I changed this.
Last edited by Talchyon on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:04 am

It's not like I tagged you or anything!!!!! ~BAAAAAAAKAAAA!
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:05 am

You know what, to better fit in with my character's super intelligence, he'll have an enlarged head which is actually a tumour rather than a bigger brain; it's worse than having a second head, which I'd originally intended.

Founder Thoth
Envoy

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Founder Thoth » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:28 am

Tag after a long time!

Barbariany
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Barbariany » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:42 am

Unified Korean Peninsula wrote:You know what, to better fit in with my character's super intelligence, he'll have an enlarged head which is actually a tumour rather than a bigger brain; it's worse than having a second head, which I'd originally intended.

How does he survive?

Unified Korean Peninsula
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Korean Peninsula » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:46 am

Barbariany wrote:
Unified Korean Peninsula wrote:You know what, to better fit in with my character's super intelligence, he'll have an enlarged head which is actually a tumour rather than a bigger brain; it's worse than having a second head, which I'd originally intended.

How does he survive?

It's a benign tumour and it's safer to currently leave it than operate.

Sphinxatopd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sphinxatopd » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:46 am

Dumb superheroes are my secret weakness. This is awesome. Tag

Ideas I have:
Heroes:
Captain Andorra: What do you mean you have no idea where Andorra is? Its just north of the frinckin' Iberian peninsula. Has a wooden shield that doesn't return. Satirical Captain America
Cosmopolitanotron: An android built to instantly be able to change her appearance, she fails at that as she looks like the same person with a wig. Or different eye colors or some other minuscule difference. Victim of http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Eye_ ... nipulation ownership.
Villains:
The spammer: Using high tech phones embedded in his arms, he access forums and shoots out physical versions of sh*tposts.
Pusher: One day Gordon decided to push another kindergartener. This was the day his teacher forgot her coffee and thus, he wasn't punished. His entire life has become dedicated to pushing people, and he now has the ability to push people with super pushes.
Mr.AOL: Spokes heroes are more common than you think. This one worked for AOL before it went under. Without his sponsor, and ridiculed by Captain Google and The Twitterer, he turned to evil.
[Redacted]: [Redacted] was a rapper who's songs had so many censors in them, he became able to use expletives to freeze people.in place for five seconds every time he says one.

And the plot sounds good. But the conspiracy should center around the massive mine of Super uranium the sound sits on. Super uranium can be used to wipe entire Australia sized hunks off the map. Terrifying.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:16 pm

I'm working on the OOC now. Any ideas for how the app should be?

I had an idea where part of the app would be IC and part would be OOC. For example your character would state why they thought they would make great heroes, and then OOC you'd state why they weren't good enough to make it in the big leagues.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:20 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:I'm working on the OOC now. Any ideas for how the app should be?

I had an idea where part of the app would be IC and part would be OOC. For example your character would state why they thought they would make great heroes, and then OOC you'd state why they weren't good enough to make it in the big leagues.

Sounds good.

Another thought: For every power you have at least 2 weaknesses? Or at least have more weaknesses than powers.

Can we try to make this with less profanity, please, too?

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:23 pm

Talchyon wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:I'm working on the OOC now. Any ideas for how the app should be?

Sounds good.

Another thought: For every power you have at least 2 weaknesses? Or at least have more weaknesses than powers.

Can we try to make this with less profanity, please, too?

I don't want to limit character creation all that much. Superheroes can be D-listers for reasons besides weaknesses. A lame power for example needs no weakness.

Social and personality flaws can also land a hero in the Minnesota Infinites. Past mistakes can too. Or a hero can just be completely new, not necessarily lame but no one knows about them yet.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:06 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:Or a hero can just be completely new, not necessarily lame but no one knows about them yet.

But where would be the fun in that? :D

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:36 pm

Would any of the heroes with caffeine-based abilities like a team-up with my lactose-intolerant, lactose-based superhero?
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:39 pm

A peak at the OOC. Here are some of the "cool" heroes.

Captain Calculator's notes on the other Infinites teams.

The Infinites

Eagle - No superhuman powers. Veteran soldier who has displayed incredible combat ability. Wears a full body suit. A dark blue padded suit with a silver star in the center. Stripes come out of it, like the US Air Force symbol. The suit has red and white highlights. Styled like the American flag. You'll be hearing that a lot. The leader of the Infinites.

USAviator - Has the power to copy other superhuman's powers. The powers last longer the more he absorbs them. Wears an American flag themed suit, red, white, and blue, with a military aviator jacket over it.

Big Red One - No superhuman powers. A very experienced soldier who fought in the Second World War and the wars against raiders following the Atomic War. Wears a standard soldier's outfit, with bandoliers strapped to him. Always covered in various guns.

Captain Capital - Body can adapt to any situation, and he can fire energy blasts from his arms. Wears what can only be described as a SWAT officer's outfit that's styled like the American flag.

Stratosphere - A cyborg with super strength, durability, and the ability to fly. Can also control electricity. Silver body has red, white, and blue highlights.

Team notes - American Knight was the first superhero, so the members of the original Infinites are all patriotically themed. Seriously they look like the Statue of Liberty threw up on them.

West Coast Infinites

Nightshade - No superhuman powers. A trained martial artist and inventor who creates advanced gadgets he uses to fight crime. The leader of the West Coast Infinites.

Weaknesses - Really weird.

Slipstream - Posesses super strength, durability, and the ability to fly. Wears a hot pink and white outfit. Seriously it's pink as hell.

Weaknesses - Somewhat immature. Still though the corporate executives love the bright colors. Makes the action figures stand out.

Captain Cosmos - Might actually be the most powerful superhero known. Has super strength, the ability to fly, and super durability. Not comparable to Slipstream or Stratosphere though. Further has the ability to fire energy blasts. In fact he can generate energy anywhere, even places he's nowhere near. He can further alter spacetime to a degree. Wears a neon green outfit and has green energy constantly coming off of him. Can't miss him.

Weaknesses - This dude is barely human anymore. You'd have an easier time talking to a computer.

Atomic Avenger - Can generate radiation and nuclear energy from his body and fire it as blasts of energy.

Weaknesses - He's cool if you talk to him one on one, but he's kind of odd. A thick Indonesian accent doesn't help him.

Team notes - Corporate shilling assholes. They show their spandex-clad butts at a charity or something and soon they're rolling in money. If I see another line of Slipstream or Nightshade action figures I swear in putting a rock through the Wal-Mart window.

Pacific Northwest Infinites

Captain Fantastic - A cyborg like Stratosphere with the same powers, except he can create solid energy constructs. The leader of the Pacific Northwest Infinites.

Weaknesses - Nobody has heard about him in three years. What happened? How does he keep his sponsorships?

Samantha Summers - Shapeshifter. Can take the form of any matter she's touching. For example if she touches metal she can become metal. If she touches wood she can become wood. She can always turn into a cloud of gas because she's always touching air. An odd case. She refuses to take a codename and just wears normal clothes.

Weaknesses - She is tough in combat. She's an odd case though. She refuses to wear a costume or take a codename. She's open about her lesbianism. She isn't rolling in corporate sponsorships and it's not hard to see why. Why is she like this? Principles?

Arclight - Has electrokinesis. Is always wearing a full body SWAT outfit with a gas mask. Never shows any skin.

Weaknesses - Is apparently brutal in combat and looks pretty scary. He's not the most popular superhero, but oddly kids like him a lot.

The Futurist - A genius inventor and businessman. Well he was booted from his old company, Pryce Industries, but he's still pretty wealthy. Uses a suit of powered armor he's built. It doesn't look as badass as what you're picturing I guarantee it. His action figure is definitely lying about things, like a dating profile pic that isn't all that accurate.

The Futurist is the brother of another superhero, who wasn't kicked from the company. There's definitely emotional trauma there. His armor also breaks down a lot.

Team Notes - The Pacific Northwest Infinites compete with the West Coast Infinites and the Midwest Infinites to be second fiddle to the original Infinites group. They're not as popular though. The more critical media outlets think of them as "the team with the washed up CEO, the scary SWAT guy, and the angry lesbian."

The Midwest Infinites

Pryce - Just goes by his last name Pryce. The current CEO of Pryce Industries and the brother of The Futurist. Can admittedly build a badass suit of powered armor, but spends most of his time creating products for his company or providing logistical support. The leader of the Midwest Infinites.

Weaknesses - He isn't seen much so I don't know much about him. Doesn't seem to care much for his brother.

Wraith - Teleporter. Can teleport herself and anything she's touching. Wears a ridiculous hot pink spandex outfit.

Weaknesses - She can't teleport objects that are too big and she also teleports anything that's touching what she's touching. For example she has to jump in order to teleport because otherwise her body will try to teleport the ground, which is impossible. She can't teleport if restrained to a heavy object. Also has the most grating personality ever. I mean imagine the most stereotypical overly perky teenage girl. Just talking to her makes me feel old.

Anomaly - A massive blob of tentacles composed of a black sticky tar like substance. He can't maintain a humanoid form. He has no bones or muscles. He's a mass of tentacles.

Weaknesses - Looks like a nightmare but he's the friendliest guy you'll ever meet. I feel bad for him. He's certainly not the media's favorite hero. He is vulnerable to extreme temperatures.

Cain - Here's an odd one. Cain can summon clones of himself to fight for him. His power is a form of time travel though. The clones of him are past and future versions of him that he can call into battle at any time. It's as much a curse as it is a blessing. He often finds himself injured, a past or future version of him having called him into battle. He doesn't remember it at all. He is a former soldier from the corporate realms. He uses military grade weapons.

Weaknesses - His power is rough. One second he's watching the game on the couch, next second he's bleeding heavily and is covered in bruises.

Panacea - Panacea has an accelerated healing factor. She can regrow lost limbs for example in minutes. She was a former mercenary and she uses swords and guns. Rumor is she used to be a raider. She is named after a Greek goddess of healing.

Weaknesses - Not pleasant to be around. There's a theory that she had suffered multiple head injuries in the past. Though her brain heals, it doesn't regrow the neurons that hold her specific memories. She has thus been driven slightly insane from suffering amnesia repeatedly. I say she's a crazy bitch and we leave it at that.

Team notes - An odd bunch. Pryce is often nowhere to be found and seems to care about his corporation more than he does his superhero duties. The other members thus largely do whatever they want. They're effective though. The Midwest Infinites are considered to be one of the more successful groups.

Texas Infinites

Citizen Soldier - My understanding is that the Citizen Soldier was an early attempt to create a government sponsored superhero. He predates USAviator and Captain Capital. He was given some kind of super soldier formula that gives him greater physical abilities than a normal human. He had a falling out of sorts with the government and disappeared years ago. When he reappeared he ended up with the Texas Infinites. He is the leader of the Texas Infinites.

Weaknesses - The super soldier formula apparently gives him all kinds of horrible medical problems. Only the Texas Infinites know exactly what those are.

Rough Rider - A genius inventor who builds suits of armor. He generally fights with bulletproof armor that gives him various gadgets to use.

Weaknesses - I hear Rough Rider is sponsored heavily by oil companies. They're pretty strict, they control what he can do and when he can show up.

The Ranger - He's a guy with guns and he shoots people. A guy from Texas who calls himself the Ranger. A bastion of creativity this guy. How long do you think he spent on his name, four seconds? Was he too busy square-dancing and eating chicken fried steak at the Heart Attack Grill?

Weaknesses - I don't know, just shoot him or something.

Motorized Fuckface - No he really calls himself that. Let that sink in. A cybernetic implant that takes up two-thirds of his face gives him a powerful jaw. He attacks people with it. He doesn't always spit them out. His action figure is doing well.

Weaknesses - He doesn't have any ranged capability but I wouldn't want to go up against this guy.

Team notes - The Texas Infinites are the most famous branch of the Infinites that aren't part of the big leagues. In other words they're king of the nerds. It only goes downhill from here.

Teams I didn't mention because they're boring and I'm tired of writing

Southern Infinites, Floridan Infinites, Great Lakes Infinites, Canadian Infinites, Quebec Infinites, British Columbia Infinites, the Gulf Infinites, and the Las Vegas Infinites.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:53 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:A peak at the OOC. Here are some of the "cool" heroes.

The Infinites

Eagle - No superhuman powers. Veteran soldier who has displayed incredible combat ability. Wears a full body suit. A dark blue padded suit with a silver star in the center. Stripes come out of it, like the US Air Force symbol. The suit has red and white highlights. Styled like the American flag. You'll be hearing that a lot. The leader of the Infinites.

USAviator - Has the power to copy other superhuman's powers. The powers last longer the more he absorbs them. Wears an American flag themed suit, red, white, and blue, with a military aviator jacket over it.

Big Red One - No superhuman powers. A very experienced soldier who fought in the Second World War and the wars against raiders following the Atomic War. Wears a standard soldier's outfit, with bandoliers strapped to him. Always covered in various guns.

Captain Capital - Body can adapt to any situation, and he can fire energy blasts from his arms. Wears what can only be described as a SWAT officer's outfit that's styled like the American flag.

Stratosphere - A cyborg with super strength, durability, and the ability to fly. Can also control electricity. Silver body has red, white, and blue highlights.

Team notes - American Knight was the first superhero, so the members of the original Infinites are all patriotically themed. Seriously they look like the Statue of Liberty threw up on them.

West Coast Infinites

Nightshade - No superhuman powers. A trained martial artist and inventor who creates advanced gadgets he uses to fight crime. The leader of the West Coast Infinites.

Slipstream - Posesses super strength, durability, and the ability to fly. Wears a hot pink and white outfit. Seriously it's pink as hell.

Weaknesses - Somewhat immature. Still though the corporate executives love the bright colors. Makes the action figures stand out.

Captain Cosmos - Might actually be the most powerful superhero known. Has super strength, the ability to fly, and super durability. Not comparable to Slipstream or Stratosphere though. Further has the ability to fire energy blasts. In fact he can generate energy anywhere, even places he's nowhere near. He can further alter spacetime to a degree. Wears a neon green outfit and has green energy constantly coming off of him. Can't miss him.

Weaknesses - This dude is barely human anymore. You'd have an easier time talking to a computer.

Atomic Avenger - Can generate radiation and nuclear energy from his body and fire it as blasts of energy.

Weaknesses - He's cool if you talk to him one on one, but he's kind of odd. A thick Indonesian accent doesn't help him.

Team notes - Corporate shilling assholes. They show their spandex-clad butts at a charity or something and soon they're rolling in money. If I see another line of Slipstream or Nightshade action figures I swear in putting a rock through the Wal-Mart window.

Captain Fantastic - A cyborg like Stratosphere with the same powers, except he can create solid energy constructs. The leader of the Pacific Northwest Infinites.

Weaknesses - Nobody has heard about him in three years. What happened? How does he keep his sponsorships?

Samantha Summers - Shapeshifter. Can take the form of any matter she's touching. For example if she touches metal she can become metal. If she touches wood she can become wood. She can always turn into a cloud of gas because she's always touching air. An odd case. She refuses to take a codename and just wears normal clothes.

Weaknesses - She is tough in combat. She's an odd case though. She refuses to wear a costume or take a codename. She's open about her lesbianism. She isn't rolling in corporate sponsorships and it's not hard to see why. Why is she like this? Principles?

Arclight - Has electrokinesis. Is always wearing a full body SWAT outfit with a gas mask. Never shows any skin.

Weaknesses - Is apparently brutal in combat and looks pretty scary. He's not the most popular superhero, but oddly kids like him a lot.

The Futurist - A genius inventor and businessman. Well he was booted from his old company, Pryce Industries, but he's still pretty wealthy. Uses a suit of powered armor he's built. It doesn't look as badass as what you're picturing I guarantee it. His action figure is definitely lying about things, like a dating profile pic that isn't all that accurate.

The Futurist is the brother of another superhero, who wasn't kicked from the company. There's definitely emotional trauma there. His armor also breaks down a lot.

Team Notes - The Pacific Northwest Infinites compete with the West Coast Infinites and the Midwest Infinites to be second fiddle to the original Infinites group. They're not as popular though. The more critical media outlets think of them as "the team with the washed up CEO, the scary SWAT guy, and the angry lesbian."

The Midwest Infinites

Pryce - Just goes by his last name Pryce. The current CEO of Pryce Industries and the brother of The Futurist. Can admittedly build a badass suit of powered armor, but spends most of his time creating products for his company or providing logistical support. The leader of the Midwest Infinites.

Weaknesses - He isn't seen much so I don't know much about him. Doesn't seem to care much for his brother.

Wraith - Teleporter. Can teleport herself and anything she's touching. Wears a ridiculous hot pink spandex outfit.

Weaknesses - She can't teleport objects that are too big and she also teleports anything that's touching what she's touching. For example she has to jump in order to teleport because otherwise her body will try to teleport the ground, which is impossible. She can't teleport if restrained to a heavy object. Also has the most grating personality ever. I mean imagine the most stereotypical overly perky teenage girl. Just talking to her makes me feel old.

Anomaly - A massive blob of tentacles composed of a black sticky tar like substance. He can't maintain a humanoid form. He has no bones or muscles. He's a mass of tentacles.

Weaknesses - Looks like a nightmare but he's the friendliest guy you'll ever meet. I feel bad for him. He's certainly not the media's favorite hero. He is vulnerable to extreme temperatures.

Cain - Here's an odd one. Cain can summon clones of himself to fight for him. His power is a form of time travel though. The clones of him are past and future versions of him that he can call into battle at any time. It's as much a curse as it is a blessing. He often finds himself injured, a past or future version of him having called him into battle. He doesn't remember it at all. He is a former soldier from the corporate realms. He uses military grade weapons.

Weaknesses - His power is rough. One second he's watching the game on the couch, next second he's bleeding heavily and is covered in bruises.

Panacea - Panacea has an accelerated healing factor. She can regrow lost limbs for example in minutes. She was a former mercenary and she uses swords and guns. Rumor is she used to be a raider. She is named after a Greek goddess of healing.

Weaknesses - Not pleasant to be around. There's a theory that she had suffered multiple head injuries in the past. Though her brain heals, it doesn't regrow the neurons that hold her specific memories. She has thus been driven slightly insane from suffering amnesia repeatedly. I say she's a crazy bitch and we leave it at that.

Team notes - An odd bunch. Pryce is often nowhere to be found and seems to care about his corporation more than he does his superhero duties. The other members thus largely do whatever they want. They're effective though. The Midwest Infinites are considered to be one of the more successful groups.

Texas Infinites

Citizen Soldier - My understanding is that the Citizen Soldier was an early attempt to create a government sponsored superhero. He predates USAviator and Captain Capital. He was given some kind of super soldier formula that gives him greater physical abilities than a normal human. He had a falling out of sorts with the government and disappeared years ago. When he reappeared he ended up with the Texas Infinites. He is the leader of the Texas Infinites.

Weaknesses - The super soldier formula apparently gives him all kinds of horrible medical problems. Only the Texas Infinites know exactly what those are.

Rough Rider - A genius inventor who builds suits of armor. He generally fights with bulletproof armor that gives him various gadgets to use.

Weaknesses - I hear Rough Rider is sponsored heavily by oil companies. They're pretty strict, they control what he can do and when he can show up.

The Ranger - He's a guy with guns and he shoots people. A guy from Texas who calls himself the Ranger. A bastion of creativity this guy. How long do you think he spent on his name, four seconds? Was he too busy square-dancing and eating chicken fried steak at the Heart Attack Grill?

Motorized Fuckface - No he really calls himself that. Let that sink in. A cybernetic implant that takes up two-thirds of his face gives him a powerful jaw. He attacks people with it. He doesn't always spit them out. His action figure is doing well.

Weaknesses - He doesn't have any ranged capability but I wouldn't want to go up against this guy.

Team notes - The Texas Infinites are the most famous branch of the Infinites that aren't part of the big leagues. In other words they're king of the nerds. It only goes downhill from here.

Southern Infinites, Floridan Infinites, Great Lakes Infinites, Canadian Infinites, Quebec Infinites, British Columbia Infinites, the Gulf Infinites, and the Las Vegas Infinites.

Looks good so far.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:12 pm

I really want to make a cheezy french canadian villain.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Thecreamof
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Thecreamof » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Aghrabia wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:A peak at the OOC. Here are some of the "cool" heroes.

The Infinites

West Coast Infinites

The Midwest Infinites

Texas Infinites

Looks good so far.

Motorized Fuckface is probably the best superhero name I've ever heard of ever. Bravo, The first Galactic Republic!
Our nation uses roughly 50.01% NS stats, 49.99% fact books.
Political views: I guess I'm a moderate who leans strongly towards liberal? Or perhaps a liberal who leans strongly towards moderate? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Something interesting about me: I can wiggle both my ears! I can also crack/pop both my wrists @ will, but I can crack/pop my right wrist easier than my left!

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:34 pm

Shadowwell wrote:I really want to make a cheezy french canadian villain.

mad moose maniac? Syrup soiler? Maniac mounty? The Death Quebec? The Bieber Shrieker?
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse