NATION

PASSWORD

ISE-The Institute for Superhuman Education OOC OPEN!

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

ISE-The Institute for Superhuman Education OOC OPEN!

Postby WHYYYY II » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:15 pm

This is more of a test than anything. If this gets interest, great, if not, oh well :P
IC
NOTE: THIS IS IN THE SAME UNIVERSE AS THE ACADEMY OF HEROES AND VILLAINS (OOC). THE STORY IS EXPLAINED IN MORE DETAIL THERE.
Don't forget to join The Academy RP Group!
Many years ago, after the great clashes between superheroes and supervillains, a group called the Shadow Council formed, brokering an uneasy peace between the two groups of superhumans for the good of the earth. This group also created the Academy of Heroes and Villains, a great school for the development of young superhuman's powers. This group, however, realized it would be dangerous to put all the young supers in one area, and so created several other schools scattered around the globe. Over time, some of these schools have been discovered by hostile forces and destroyed, others shut down. But the Academy thrived, along with another school: ISE: The Institute for Superhuman Education. Located high in the mountains of the Alaska Range, this frozen and secluded establishment exists for the sole purpose of training young superhumans to make the most of their potential.

The school is smaller than the Academy, but very secure. Its mission is also different than its sister school. ISE takes in students who, for a variety of reasons, cannot be in an environment like the Academy. Whether it's because the student is hunted by powerful enemies, or has strong powers that could endanger a less secured school like the Academy, ISE seeks to train these students to be able to use their powers safely and ethically in the outside world.

Rules
I'm da boss. OP's word is law, Co-OP's word is also law. Follow them.
No godlike characters, or godlike moves in fights, etc. Fights need to be fair. Having your character magically dodge every single hit or make up some BS reason why that attack didn't hurt, just isn't fun.
Please be kind and respectful to others OOC. You can be a jerk IC, but don't carry fights out of the RP.
Keep things PG-13. I'm fine with violence, but avoid the sexy-genitals stuff. It's yucky.
If I think of anything else, I'll put it here and pretend it was always there.
No one-line IC posts.
Character Restrictions
Not many characters will be admitted. We wanna keep things under control.
Limit 1-2 characters per person. This rule may be softened at times.
HUMAN characters, preferably, or human-like characters.
Be creative! This is for characters with strange and rare powers, not just your standard fire/superspeed/telekinesis stuff. You can use these, but try to build on them creatively.
NOTE: All students are new to the school.
Now, I have a few goals for this RP. It's gonna be a less crowded Academy, where (unless you want to), super intense plot arcs won't happen as frequently, and character relationships will try to be given time to grow. In the old Academy RPs, we sprinted from plot arc to plot arc, and it was tough to stop and try to actually build a character's identity.

IF YOU WANT TO BE A TEACHER OR STAFF MEMBER, MESSAGE ME AND WE'LL TALK
Code: Select all
[b][u]Student Application[/u][/b]
* = Optional
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]*Superhero Name*:[/b]
[b]Hero/Villain/Not Sure:[/b]
[b]Age (Between 13 and 19):[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Abilities & Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]*Reasons for Coming to ISE*:[/b]
[b]*Additional Notes*:[/b]
Last edited by WHYYYY II on Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 10 times in total.

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:17 pm

CHARACTERS:
Levi Goldman/Zodiac (Shadowwell)
Ethan Pierce (WHYYYY II)
Bethany Ghunsverd (Saleon)
Edward Castle (Bycrest)
Dagon Argrave/Azrael (Doughertania)
Ayrtom Kotowski (Vidhelm)
Ava Caldwell (WHYYYY II)
Maximilian Kaine (Arulean States)
Dawn Yamire (Silverakia)
Sebestian Legarde-Martin (Vidhelm)
Karin Vogel (Beiarusia)
Marcus/Rift (Some Skrubz)

Cyrus Tremblay/Birdseye (WHYYYY II)
Reva Medina (Kractero)
Frederick Barbarossa (WHYYYY II)
Zaria (WHYYYY II)
Xander Jackson (WHYYYY II)
Ken Hasimoto (WHYYYY II)
Atlus Buhari (WHYYYY II)
Harmony Adams (WHYYYY II)
Last edited by WHYYYY II on Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:22 pm

I thought we learned our lesson about having a spinoff and the main story going at the same time.

*Joins anyway*
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:24 pm

Im game, might want to add any char restrictions, als i can help as a coop if need be.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:38 pm

Bycrest wrote:I thought we learned our lesson about having a spinoff and the main story going at the same time.

*Joins anyway*

*shrug* I figure it's different from the other spinoff because it's happening at the same time, and so events kinda happen in conjunction.

i totally didn't make this cause im bored and its the only thing i know how to op

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:41 pm

So will you be putting apps up or the like here or is it only an interest thread?

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:42 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Im game, might want to add any char restrictions, als i can help as a coop if need be.

Thanks, I'll figure out co-ops once this gets going. I added some restrictions, talk to me if you want more/less. I'll put up apps in a minute
Last edited by WHYYYY II on Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:55 pm

Not necessarily joining, just going to say hi. Hi.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:03 pm

Sanabel wrote:Not necessarily joining, just going to say hi. Hi.

Hi

oh sweet i just remembered to put no one line IC posts on the rules. thanks for reminding me

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:12 pm

So i might bring in a sound empowered guy.

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:25 pm

Shadowwell wrote:So i might bring in a sound empowered guy.

That sounds cool. Like, he can shout really loud?

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:26 pm

I'll have to think a bit on my character, kinda want to figure a power out without using the wiki.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Max Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Max Empire » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:28 pm

This looks cool.... I'll see if I can get an app together.
Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.44
23 year old Pansexual Swiss Male from Switzerland, loves history, economics and politics

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:49 pm

WHYYYY II wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:So i might bring in a sound empowered guy.

That sounds cool. Like, he can shout really loud?

Well currently different types of sound affect him differently, the app will explain more.

Syrixces
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixces » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:55 pm

W-W-WHYYYYY?

Is that you?

*Preps everybody's favorite blue symbiote*

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:39 pm

Syrixces wrote:W-W-WHYYYYY?

Is that you?

*Preps everybody's favorite blue symbiote*

The one and only :P

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:48 pm

So WHYYY will you be bringing in Ethan? (I think that was his name)

Student Application
* = Optional
Character Name: Levi Goldman
*Superhero Name*: Zodiac though also Goes By Leo
Hero/Villain/Not Sure: Not sure, probably heroish
Age (Between 13 and 19): 18
Appearance:
Abilities & Weaknesses: Powers: Zodiac Empowerment: He can gain abilities that correspond to the signs of the Western, Chinese and Celtic Zodiacs. His inherent abilities are stronger on his birth day than any other day. As he sees more of these signs come and go he will have more insight into them.

Zodiac Physiology: Due to the Signs he was born under he has a few powers inherent to him. (they will be listed below)

Feral Solar Empowerment: When he is touched by the Suns rays he becomes faster and stronger, his irises take on a golden hues as well. Most animals predator or otherwise will either run away, cower before him or try to challenge him for dominance. (Because he is a Leo, he has a peculiar version of Solar empowerment.)

Feral Mind: This is among the more troublesome aspects of his abilities. His mind changes entering a feral like state, he is not a mere animal however, he becomes faster stronger more intuitive, this is the main reason why he is at ISE, and why it took a while for them to catch him. He can also communicate with most animals having a better affinity with Predators than others.

Animal Form: Due to it being the Year of the Monkey he can shapeshift into nearly any real animal, there is a quirk however he can only take the form of predators due to his affinity with them. Big cats more so than any others.

Weaknesses: Besides his inherent abilities he must be in the presence of the Stars, meaning during the Day and on a cloudy night he can’t do much, and his inherent abilities are weakened to a point. He must also meditate and channel the zodiac sign he wished to use. The constellation, if there is one must also be visible. While his abilities can be powerful, he doesn’t know how to fully control them yet, thus they are weaker currently, but might get stronger with time. This also will allow any with greater control to usurp him and his powers. (if he meets someone with constellation manipulation or stellar manipulation, they can control him like a puppet. Only if their control is stronger however.)

His inherent powers can be quite troublesome due to his sheer affinity with the feral and wild. If he is in the form of an animal for too long the mind of the animal can start to influence him. It wouldn't take over as he holds dominance, but it would change him near permanently. When these powers first activated it caused a huge ruckus where he lived, because nearly all the dogs and cats and other animals chased after him
Bio: He was born in a small town in the northern United States, nothing really exceptional about him from birth. His father was an forest ranger and his mother was basically a housewife though she sold embroidery and the like locally. He was not a beautiful child nor was he an ugly one, he appeared to be entirely normal. This was revealed to be far from the truth as he started to grow up. While he appeared normal he wasnt he was always wandering off and into the outside. This was a common theme during his childhood and it only advanced as he got older. When he was ten that is when his more feral abilities started to awaken, He had wandered out of the house, and had gone missing for a few days, when his parents found him he was in the lair of a mother mountain lion cuddling with her cubs.

As he entered puberty this aspect of his powers only advanced and got stronger. When he was 13 most of the predatory animals in his neighborhood domesticated or wild came to his house, almost as if to pay respects to him. That thankfully was the last of the Strange occurences for a while, But it was not the only such incident. There were several times where animals attacked or pursued him, for whatever reason. It was unknown why to his parents, but He had started to have an inkling of what was happening. He knew he had powers and they had started to manifest, and he had started to change. The changes Culminated when he was 17, His family was killed in what appeared to be a wild animal attack, those local to the area.

He could sense differently, the animals had been controlled by a meta-human. When he came home and saw his parents still being feasted upon by animals he snapped. His more rational mind receded and his emerging feral mind took over. He roared, a bestial sound that reverberated throughout the neighborhood sending all the animals running. They felt a primordial fear, that was ingrained within them, that sound was made by something that had not been on this earth for many years, a North American Lion, one of and arguably the Largest Prehistoric cats to ever roam the earth. That was the form Levi had taken, it called to him, He was massive easily over 3 feet at the Shoulder and nearly 10 feet long tail and all. He was heavily muscled and sleek, he stalked through the forest until he came upon that which he sought.

He found the Meta responsible a person that his father had apprehended several times for various crimes. The person at first tried to control him, but they were unable, and their mind nearly shattered upon contact with the sheer feral rage he was feeling. He killed the Meta, it wasnt pretty, their remains were strewn across the forest. He then ran to the North, where it would be harder to find him. Eventually he arrived in Canada and roamed around their for a while until Agents of the Shadow Council Brought him to the Institute. Though he has been there a while, it was only recently he had recovered enough to be around others. What happened had changed him, most of the time he was now lazy unless something intrigued him. His body changed the most, originally he had dark brown hair but now it was blonde, a sandy yellow, and his eyes were no longer the green they were, he now had Yellow eyes, the eyes of a Lion, a Predator.

Personality: When not under the influence of his powers he s usually quite laidback and lazy. When he is influenced by his powers he becomes bestial almost feral, though that is not all, he respects those that are stronger than him. While not loyal exactly he doesnt break is bonds easily.
*Reasons for Coming to ISE*: His powers were deemed to large a luiability at this point for him to be allowed to roam free or to be at the Academy.
*Additional Notes*: The abilities he can possibly have from each zodiac and the like, will nerf later.
(what is listed is his eventual full abilities, he can only use one or two from each sign as of yet.
Capricorn: Capricorn allows Caprine Physiology, Aquatic Adaptation, and Environmental Adaptation. Being an Earth sign, might have Earth Manipulation and Mountain Manipulation.
Aquarius: Aquarius allows water-based abilities, such as Water Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, and/or Water Mimicry. Being an Air sign, might also have Air Manipulation.
Pisces: Pisces allows water-borne abilities, such as Aquatic Adaptation, Underwater Breathing, and/or Ichthyic Zoolingualism. Has the abilities Fish Physiology and Water Manipulation.
Aries: Aries allows strength-based abilities, such as Horn Protrusion, Enhanced Strength, Fire Manipulation, Strength Manipulation and/or Caprine Physiology.
Taurus: Taurus allows endurance or power-based abilities, such as rampant charge, Enhanced Endurance, Enhanced Stamina, and/or Bovine Physiology. Can have Earth Manipulation.
Gemini: Gemini allows Replication, such as Yin & Yang Manipulation. Can use Air Manipulation and Air Mimicry.
Cancer: Cancer allows grip-based abilities, such as Pincer Grip or the ability Constriction. Also includes Crustacean Physiology, Water Manipulation, Aquatic Respiration, and Lunar Empowerment.
Leo: Leo allows wild-based abilities, such as a Feral Mind, Natural Weaponry, Superhuman Senses, Enhanced Reflexes, or Animal Manipulation. Also includes Fire Manipulation and Solar Empowerment.
Virgo: Virgo allows purity-based abilities, such as Purification, Healing, or Enhanced Regeneration. Also might have Holy Fire Manipulation and Earth Manipulation.
Libra: Libra allows balance-based abilities, such as Enhanced Dexterity, Enhanced Intelligence, Equality or meditation. Also Air Manipulation. Meditation may even evolve into Unity.
Scorpio: Scorpio allows Water Manipulation and poison-based abilities, such as Poison Generation, Insect Communication, or Scorpion Physiology.
Sagittarius: Sagittarius allows Enhanced Marksmanship capabilities, such as superhuman accuracy, Enhanced Vision, Enhanced Tracking or Enhanced Hunting skill. Can use Blue Fire Manipulation, Fire Manipulation.

each has a separate set of weaknesses, they will be explained IC.
Rabbit: He can move faster than nearly anything on the ground, but he drains his energy at a frightening pace.
Ox: He is extremely strong and has incredible endurance but little true durability.
Dragon: Only during the year and sign of the Dragon but he can take a humanoid dragon shape this but golden instead. He will be able to be stronger and more durable as awell as being able to fly and breath fire.
Snake: He has enhanced stealth abilities and makes not a sound while moving.
Horse: He heals quickly, but must be resting to do so, can not heal while in action.
Monkey: can take the shape of nearly any animal, but they must be around his size.
Sheep: he can become intangible and take an astral form.
Rooster: he can levitate for a bit but can not go too high.
Tiger: He can switch his personality to become his regular selves polar opposite.
Rat: He can bring life to statues and the like.
Pig: he can cause things to set ablaze by looking at them.

Most of these are physiology related powers. His abilities will be strengthened should these signs coincide with those of the Chinese Zodiac. They are stronger when the specific astrological bodies are visible from earth.
Birch/Deer: Cervid Physiology, Sun.
Rowan/Cat: Feline Physiology, Uranus.
Ash/Snake: Snake Physiology, Neptune.
Alder/Fox: Canine Physiology, Mars.
Willow/Bull: Bovine Physiology, Moon.
Hawthorn/Seahorse: Fish Physiology, Vulcan.
Oak/Wren: Avian Physiology, Jupiter.
Holly/Horse: Horse Physiology, Earth. (naturally coincides with his already present abilities.)
Hazel/Salmon: Fish Physiology, Mercury.
Vine/Swan: Avian Physiology, Venus.
Ivy/Butterfly: Insect Physiology, Moon.
Reed/Wolf: Canine Physiology, Pluto.
Elder/Hawk: Avian Physiology, Saturn.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:51 pm

Looks very interesting Shadowwell!

Ethan... I kinda forgot about him :P I might, but I'll need to change his powers a bunch, he's kinda old hat now.

OH!!! Speaking of, for the sake of simplicity, ALL CHARACTERS WILL BE NEW TO THE SCHOOL!
Last edited by WHYYYY II on Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:53 pm

WHYYYY II wrote:Looks very interesting Shadowwell!

Ethan... I kinda forgot about him :P I might, but I'll need to change his powers a bunch, he's kinda old hat now.

OH!!! Speaking of, for the sake of simplicity, ALL CHARACTERS WILL BE NEW TO THE SCHOOL!

Well oi had a zodiac empowered teen in this one rp, it should be interesting to see him here.

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:22 pm

Every school needs a headmaster
Application
* = Optional
Character Name: Cyrus Tremblay
*Superhero Name*: Birdseye
Hero/Villain/Not Sure: Hero
Age (Between 13 and 19): 53
Appearance: Tall, lean body, still fit despite age. Short black hair, starting to grey. Piercing blue eyes, face just starting to wrinkle. Wears all black most of the time
Abilities & Weaknesses: Avian Control-Can mentally control birds, commanding them to attack/scout. Can see through their eyes, and many birds' eyes at once. If the bird knows Cyrus well, he can completely control the bird for a time. Control can extend for long distances, and his ability to look through their eyes even further. Weaknesses-Control power weakens based on how little the bird knows Cyrus. Stupid birds can't understand his commands, so Cyrus prefers crows and ravens. The more birds he is commanding/looking through, the less attention he can pay to his own body. If Cyrus is injured or distracted while controlling large flocks, he can lose control and the birds try to flee.
Bio: Cyrus was born into a poor family in northern Canada. As a boy, he had an affinity with birds, and spent most of his time alone, just sitting with them. When he was 10, another hero, able to control animals, found him and his powers, and took Cyrus under his wing (pun intended). This hero taught Cyrus to be more than a slavemaster to animals, to guide them and be their leader, not master.
When the clashes between heroes and villains started, Cyrus and his mentor were right on the front lines, fighting for heroes. When his mentor was killed, however, Cyrus left the fighting, and was found by the newly founded Shadow Council. He joined them, and quickly rose to be one of the leaders. After the clashes were stopped and the schools founded, he requested to be made headmaster of ISE, and has run the school since.
Personality: Cyrus is calm, wise, and fiercely protective of his students. He puts the safety and education of supers first, sacrificing much to ensure this. When disciplining students, he seeks to teach them a lesson, not just punish them.
Last edited by WHYYYY II on Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:27 pm

WHYYY how do the powers look for Levi, i may add othersw as i edit, but they would be subpowers.

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:33 pm

Shadowwell wrote:WHYYY how do the powers look for Levi, i may add othersw as i edit, but they would be subpowers.

Looks good. I'll be interested to see how it works out.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:35 pm

WHYYYY II wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:WHYYY how do the powers look for Levi, i may add othersw as i edit, but they would be subpowers.

Well besides the abilities he will have due to the signs he was born under, the others are more conditional. It should make any situations interesting.

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
WHYYYY II wrote:

Well besides the abilities he will have due to the signs he was born under, the others are more conditional. It should make any situations interesting.

Alright. Just finish up the app and I'll add you

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:42 pm

So what's the power limit? I know nothing god mode like, but what are some powers that would seem op?

RP Sample

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse