NATION

PASSWORD

World War Three (IC)(Open)(MT)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
North Libya
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

World War Three (IC)(Open)(MT)

Postby North Libya » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:58 am

Welcome to the In-Character Thread of my re-do of World War Three.

Events
  • The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant takes Northern Syria, Most of the Caucasus, and Northern Iraq.
  • The Grand Republic declares it's sovereignty of all Europe. Annexes Serbia and Croatia
  • Despite the declaration of The Grand Republic, Kosovo continues to fight for independence and reorganization of Serbia.
  • The Kingdom of Hawaii declares it's Independence. Referendum under way.
  • The Presidential role is abolished in a Parliament Vote in Poland.
  • The Grand Republic of Europe holds referendums for Slavic Nations wishing to join The Grand Republic.
  • The Republic of Poland recognizes The Grand Republic of Europe.
  • The Republic of Poland and The Greater Slavic Union formally declare war on Ukraine
  • The Donbass Republic is recognized by The Republic of Poland
  • The Dominion of Canada mobilizes in support of Ukraine, condemns Poland and The Greater Slavic Union.

Links
Last edited by North Libya on Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Smirkeria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Smirkeria » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:55 pm

The United States does not recognize the government of the Kingdom of Hawaii and claims the Hawaiian Islands as US territory. It will be activating the 80,000 troop strong United States Army Pacific in Pearl Harbor in case war breaks out and will be sending the USS Nimitz and her carrier strike group to the harbor to ensure the island remains under American control.

Alexanai
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alexanai » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:05 pm

National Defense Headquarters, Ottawa, Canada.

Defense Minister Harjit Sajjan

"ISIL is growing to an alarming rate and has recently taken over Northern Syria, and is terrorizing Southern France and Belgium. Meanwhile another threat, the Grand Republic ovf Europe has annexed Serbia and Crotia. We must send more soldiers to the Middle East, Western and Eastern europe to defend from a hostile takeover. We must also begin the production of new, advanced weapons to survive in this new, bold world. I suggest we construct heat-seeking machine guns and high quality anti-stealth technology for a start"

Random general... lets call him Jeremy

"We cannot commit more troops to the fight against ISIL, we just cannot and I won't let it happen, we could make new weaponry... but I was thinking something... something nuclear. Our military is too weak!"

Harjit Sajjan

"I'm the one in control here and must people here would agree that nuclear weaponry is not a good option! We will send more soldiers, and slightly increase our defense budget in order to properly keep the peace, not cause destruction through nuclear attack... end of the meeting"
Last edited by Alexanai on Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Boniza
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Boniza » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:28 pm

Cairo Capitol Building
Sisi: Isil is a growing threat
Sen.Jones: What can we do
Sisi: I know
Sen.Jones: No it's to premature we don't know what they have
Sisi:That's why
Sen.Jones:No ok just wait and form a coalation
Sisi: Against or with them
Sen.Jones: What

Smirkeria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Smirkeria » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:40 pm

President Barack Obama has announced that he will be stepping up bombing campaigns of ISIL but at this time will not put down ground troops. However, Democratic front runner and former Secretary of the State Hillary Clinton is starting to become a more and more vocal proponent for greater action against the Islamic State, and a majority of Republicans are in favor of ground troops

Revitallia
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revitallia » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Department of War, Pecs, Grand Republic of Europe
August 28, 2016

General of the Army Thomas Finnegan was reviewing the locations of troop movements in what was left of Serbia and Hungary. The Lieutenant General, a middle-aged man who fought in the Yugoslav Wars, was in charge of Pecs and the surrounding area's defense forces was highlighting to him some shortcomings of the Serbs and Hungarian government forces.

"The Serbs are trying to reposition their armies in the south. Recon footage shows that they're establishing an airbase in Nature Park Golija to get supplies to the division based in the region. It appears the retreating army is going to link up with them. Probably to push for a major assault. Intel further suggests the men stationed there are demoralized but bitter."

General Finnegan replied, "What of the Hungarians and Croatians?"

"The Croats are still fighting skirmishes at the border. Whatever's left of the Bosnian military has fallen back to Croatia. Speaking of, the citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina are taking a vote to determine whether or not to actually join the Republic or to wait for our troops to move in and conquer it. The Hungarian Government is still holed up in Budapest. They've declined all efforts we've made to contact them about a cease-fire so they can surrender. But, there is rioting in the streets. The Hungarians aren't too happy their government has failed to defend the country. It's possible we could win them over."

Finnegan thought for a second, looking over the map in his office that held troop locations.

"Tell General Cheng to get his MiG-29s ready. I want bombardment of the Serbs in Golija to begin immediately. General Hastings has full command of the forces in the area until the Serbs are defeated. I'm headed North to deal with the Hungarians."

"Yes sir."

"The Senate has elected to open talks with the Kosovars, to prevent any fighting breaking out between us. It should also keep the Americans off us for a little while longer. I'm drafting a message to send Thaci later. Dismissed, General."

The man left the room, and Finnegan followed him out. His aide was waiting outside. "Bring my car around in an hour. I've got the speech at the Republic Building to do."

Finnegan entered his office again, and pulled up his computer. He typed up the following two messages.

To:President Hashim Thaci
Subject:Peace With Our Nations
Mr President,

I don't know what you have heard of me, or what you think of the Republic. But I want to assure you that regardless what you've heard or think, we are only trying to bring a fair, uncorrupted government and a chance at security from terror groups such as ISIL to the people of Europe.

Your nation fought its own war in 1999. The Republic is fighting the war for the people who weren't so lucky as to live in your borders. As such I want to assure you that the Republic issues no ill-will towards the people or government of Kosovo. We will not attack the Kosovar people.

All I want to know is that you will not attack the Republic. I'm a man of my word, and I hope you are too.

-General Thomas Finnegan

To: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
Subject:Point of Attack
al-Baghdadi. I know we harbor little respect for each other, but we both realize the need of co-operation. You asked that the Republic supplies your caliphate with intelligence on Iraqi and Syrian Forces and in return you ship us oil.

We have locations on troop movements in Iraq. Near nothing has changed in Syria. The Americans and their allies are still not getting all too involved, limiting their attacks to airstrikes. My contacts show that they do not intend to change this strategy soon. The Canadians and Americans will be increasing their attacks over the next few months, but there will still be few Canadian strikes.

I'll expect the oil to arrive in Cyprus in 10 days.

-General Thomas Finnegan

A poll taken on August 26 shows that within the Republic's proclaimed boundaries, the approval rating of the Republic is now at 64%.

New Boniza
Spokesperson

Postby New Boniza » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:58 pm

To:Obama
Importance High
As you know the threat of Isil And China is rising I would like our two nations to ally on behalf of our people and the democratic Beliefs and principles

United East Germany
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United East Germany » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:11 pm

To: President Obama
Importance: High

We, the people of the Kingdom of Hawaii, grateful for Divine Guidance, and mindful of our Hawaiian heritage, reaffirm our belief in a government of the people, by the people and for the people, and with an understanding heart toward all peoples of the earth do hereby ordain and establish this Declaration for the Kingdom of Hawaii.

Such has been the patient sufferance of this state; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present President of The United States is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over this States.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our American brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the Kingdom of Hawaii, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of Hawaii, solemnly publish and declare, That the Kingdom of Hawaii is, and of Right ought to be a Free and Independent Nation; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the American President, and that all political connection between them and the United States of America, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent State, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
Last edited by United East Germany on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smirkeria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Smirkeria » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:21 pm

New Boniza wrote:From:Sisi
Importance High
As you know the threat of Isil And China is rising I would like our two nations to ally on behalf of our people and the democratic Beliefs and principles

To: Sisi
I would be happy to enter an alliance with your nation and I hope that we can work together to defeat the Islamic State
Last edited by Smirkeria on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smirkeria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Smirkeria » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:32 pm

United East Germany wrote:From: People of Hawaii

We, the people of the Kingdom of Hawaii, grateful for Divine Guidance, and mindful of our Hawaiian heritage, reaffirm our belief in a government of the people, by the people and for the people, and with an understanding heart toward all peoples of the earth do hereby ordain and establish this Declaration for the Kingdom of Hawaii.

Such has been the patient sufferance of this state; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present President of The United States is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over this States.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our American brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the Kingdom of Hawaii, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of Hawaii, solemnly publish and declare, That the Kingdom of Hawaii is, and of Right ought to be a Free and Independent Nation; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the American President, and that all political connection between them and the United States of America, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent State, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

To: Kingdom of Hawaii
Response to the Hawaiian Declaration of Independence
As the first president born in the great state of Hawaii, I feel great pride on being from this great state, and the country of Hawaii is filled with many great people such as every person who signed this declaration, who I'm sure have their home in mind as they signed this document.

However, as far as I can tell, the United States federal government has made none of the "injuries" you desribe, nor have we "established an absolute tyranny" over the state.

The complaint you have is simply not comparable to that of which the colonies fought for against Britain. The colonists fought because they were not represented in British Parliament, and the great state of Hawaii is already represented by two fine senators and two great representatives. If the injuries you describe do exist, then I hope that your congressmen will fight for it in their respective houses.

Furthermore, the United States fought in a bloody civil war from 1861 to 1865, in which 800,000 lives were lost, because eleven states tried to leave the Union. What would it say that 160 years after this war, we would be willing to split this country again? What precedent would it set for other states, that they could leave anytime they wanted to?

While I sympathize with the people of Hawaii and this movement, I hope you will reconsider your choice and realize that leaving this Union would be a mistake for both of us.

United East Germany
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United East Germany » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:44 pm

Smirkeria wrote:
United East Germany wrote:From: People of Hawaii
Response to the Hawaiian Declaration of Independence
As the first president born in the great state of Hawaii, I feel great pride on being from this great state, and the country of Hawaii is filled with many great people such as every person who signed this declaration, who I'm sure have their home in mind as they signed this document.

However, as far as I can tell, the United States federal government has made none of the "injuries" you desribe, nor have we "established an absolute tyranny" over the state.

The complaint you have is simply not comparable to that of which the colonies fought for against Britain. The colonists fought because they were not represented in British Parliament, and the great state of Hawaii is already represented by two fine senators and two great representatives. If the injuries you describe do exist, then I hope that your congressmen will fight for it in their respective houses.

Furthermore, the United States fought in a bloody civil war from 1861 to 1865, in which 800,000 lives were lost, because eleven states tried to leave the Union. What would it say that 160 years after this war, we would be willing to split this country again? What precedent would it set for other states, that they could leave anytime they wanted to?

While I sympathize with the people of Hawaii and this movement, I hope you will reconsider your choice and realize that leaving this Union would be a mistake for both of us.

On the evening of August 28th His Majesty's Government in Hawaii learned that 80,000 American forces had been activated along with the USS Nimitz had been sent to Hawaii. In view of these wanton acts of unprovoked aggression committed in flagrant violation of International Law. The Congressional Delegations from Hawaii in the United States House of Representatives has been instructed to inform the American Government in the name of His Majesty's Government in the Hawaiian Kingdom that the state of war between the United States and the Government of Hawaii which has thus been thrust upon Hawaii is hereby formally declared.

(Signed) Quentin Kawānanakoa, King of Hawaii
(Signed) Neil Abercrombie, Prime Minister of Hawaii and President of the Senate
(Signed) Charles Djou,Speaker of the House of Lords
Approved August 28th, 2016 3:49 PM
Last edited by United East Germany on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

New Boniza
Spokesperson

Postby New Boniza » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:26 pm

United East Germany wrote:
Smirkeria wrote:

On the evening of August 28th His Majesty's Government in Hawaii learned that 80,000 American forces had been activated along with the USS Nimitz had been sent to Hawaii. In view of these wanton acts of unprovoked aggression committed in flagrant violation of International Law. The Congressional Delegations from Hawaii in the United States House of Representatives has been instructed to inform the American Government in the name of His Majesty's Government in the Hawaiian Kingdom that the state of war between the United States and the Government of Hawaii which has thus been thrust upon Hawaii is hereby formally declared.

To: Hawaii
We will support your independence and are sending our support of Firearms and Supplies and we are going to distract America By sending 25,000 Troops to Guam to help you in your war we are also declaring war on the U.S.A and joining your Independence War

New Boniza
Spokesperson

Postby New Boniza » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:29 pm

Smirkeria wrote:
Importance High

To: Sisi
I would be happy to enter an alliance with your nation and I hope that we can work together to defeat the Islamic State

I'm sorry but you are breaking the exact laws the alliance was based of off hold a referendum and move on annex Puerto Rico if you want just don't break the laws of liberty

United East Germany
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United East Germany » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:46 pm

The King and People of Hawaii is very grateful for the assistance provided by the Republic of Egypt in their fight for freedom from the United States. If there is anything you need, do not be afraid to ask. Hawaii will be happy to help.
Last edited by United East Germany on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koknomeiyo
Secretary

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Koknomeiyo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:49 pm

New Boniza wrote:
United East Germany wrote:

We will support your independence and are sending our support of Firearms and Supplies and we are going to distract America By sending 25,000 Troops to Guam to help you in your war we are also declaring war on the U.S.A and joining your Independence War

OOC: Not trying to be a dictator but can you be more realistic. IRL Saudi Arabia would have no interest in helping Hawaii become independent, or for this matter almost any Western conflict.
Pro: Liberalism, Hilary Clinton, Justin Trudeau, Barack Obama, Democratic Socialism, Canada, Ukraine.
Anti: Donald Trump, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Russia, Anarchy, NRA, racism, Black Lives Matter, hunting.

Alexanai
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alexanai » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Koknomeiyo wrote:

OOC: Not trying to be a dictator but can you be more realistic. IRL Saudi Arabia would have no interest in helping Hawaii become independent, or for this matter almost any Western conflict.

OOC: Koknomeiyo is my main nation, forgot to switch.
Last edited by Alexanai on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smirkeria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Smirkeria » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:57 pm

OOC: How would the Egyptian military be able to go all the way to Guam without getting blown out of the water as soon as they got near the island? And why would they go so far to attack an island that isn't high on the list of important places to defend?

President Barack Obama hopes to avoid a war and asks the group calling themselves the Kingdom of Hawaii to avoid firing upon any of the soldiers stationed there to ensure the security of the people.

He also invites Quentin Kawānanakoa, Neil Abercrombie, and Charles Djou to come to Washington so that an agreement can be worked out.

North Libya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Libya » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:03 pm

Warsaw, Polish Republic
To: Government of the Kingdom of Hawaii
Encryption: Medium
Dear Hawaii, The Government of Poland would like to officially recognize your government as legitimate. The United States of America used Imperialist Oppression when the annexed the former Kingdom of Hawaii and it's your time to shine and step up to the plate. If the Government of The United States continues to threaten your nation with force; Polish Forces will be deployed to help your nation establish itself. I would also like to know if a Embassy could be established in your capitol.
Best Regards, Prime Minister Beata Szydto; Head of the Polish Government.

To: President Barack Hussein Obama of The United States of America
Encryption: High
Dear President Obama, I would like to notify you of our recognition of The Kingdom of Hawaii and ongoing relations with the newly formed government. The Polish Armed Forces will protect Hawaiian Civilians and Government Officials from American Aggression. I would also like to inform you that the Senate has terminated the role of the President, making me The Head of State and Government.
Sincerely, Prime Minister Beata Syzdto

United East Germany
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United East Germany » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:05 pm

Smirkeria wrote:OOC: How would the Egyptian military be able to go all the way to Guam without getting blown out of the water as soon as they got near the island? And why would they go so far to attack an island that isn't high on the list of important places to defend?

President Barack Obama hopes to avoid a war and asks the group calling themselves the Kingdom of Hawaii to avoid firing upon any of the soldiers stationed there to ensure the security of the people.

He also invites Quentin Kawānanakoa, Neil Abercrombie, and Charles Djou to come to Washington so that an agreement can be worked out.

The delegation agrees to come to Washington to negotiate a agreement

United East Germany
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United East Germany » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:08 pm

The Kingdom of Hawaii will be very glad to allow the Government of Poland to establish a embassy in Honolulu and is eternally grateful for the recognition of the Kingdom of Hawaii

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:08 pm

Koknomeiyo wrote:

Ooc: he is Egypt, I am Arabia

Riyadh, Republic of Arabia
"Sir, ISIL continues to grow despite what the west says. I suggest we cooperate with the Israelis, and possibly even Iran to eliminate this threat."
"Doing so would put a strain in relations with other Arab states, especially those that have been accused of supporting ISIL, on our southern borders. Yemen and Oman have been well known to be sponsors of global terrorism. I suggest we first take action against them and stop the flow of supplies to ISIL, which will drain them. Then we strike hard against them."
"But what about Iran, who is Yemens strongest ally?"
If they get mad at us fighting a supporter of ISIL, we can paint them as a supporter of ISIL, and the media will buy it. They'll lose more allies than they can afford to lose."

North Libya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Libya » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:11 pm

United East Germany wrote:The Kingdom of Hawaii will be very glad to allow the Government of Poland to establish a embassy in Honolulu and is eternally grateful for the recognition of the Kingdom of Hawaii

The Polish Government is thankful for the acceptation of The Embassy in Honolulu. I would also like to create a Economic-Political Alliance to further lead our great nations forward.

Alexanai
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alexanai » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:15 pm

Gyrenaica wrote:
Koknomeiyo wrote:OOC: Not trying to be a dictator but can you be more realistic. IRL Saudi Arabia would have no interest in helping Hawaii become independent, or for this matter almost any Western conflict.

Ooc: he is Egypt, I am Arabia

Riyadh, Republic of Arabia
"Sir, ISIL continues to grow despite what the west says. I suggest we cooperate with the Israelis, and possibly even Iran to eliminate this threat."

"Doing so would put a strain in relations with other Arab states, especially those that have been accused of supporting ISIL, on our southern borders. Yemen and Oman have been well known to be sponsors of global terrorism. I suggest we first take action against them and stop the flow of supplies to ISIL, which will drain them. Then we strike hard against them."
"But what about Iran, who is Yemens strongest ally?"
If they get mad at us fighting a supporter of ISIL, we can paint them as a supporter of ISIL, and the media will buy it. They'll lose more allies than they can afford to lose."

OOC: I mean't Egypt, I got mixed up because he was Saudi Arabia in the old RP.

United East Germany
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United East Germany » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:16 pm

North Libya wrote:
United East Germany wrote:The Kingdom of Hawaii will be very glad to allow the Government of Poland to establish a embassy in Honolulu and is eternally grateful for the recognition of the Kingdom of Hawaii

The Polish Government is thankful for the acceptation of The Embassy in Honolulu. I would also like to create a Economic-Political Alliance to further lead our great nations forward.

The Legislature of the Kingdom of Hawaii and King of Hawaii have agreed to make a Economic-Political Alliance with he Polish Goverment

Aterria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aterria » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:22 pm

We, the govt, of the PRC, would like to inform your nation that China fully recognizes the soverienty of the Hawaiin state, and is willing to support it in case of American Agression. We would to remind the Americans that they owe us Trillions of dollars in USD, and that it wouldn't be wise for them to attempt anything funny.

Thank you for listening, and may you be free from the American imperialists.
Last edited by Aterria on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A large mixed tech / retro empire set in an Earth-like world
Currently undergoing heavy civil unrest
**Based on the old game "battlenations" (now dead), Valkyria Chronicles, Code Geass (Holy Britannian Empire), and lots of other things

IMPERIAL BROADCASTING CENTER No real news as of today

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse