NATION

PASSWORD

Interstellar Ascendancy(FT, Nation, OOC, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Heavenly Commonwealth
Envoy

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Heavenly Commonwealth » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:24 pm

WIP

Species Name: Crimson (A nickname given by various other races)
Appearance: Drone: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/met ... 0702025109
Commander: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/met ... 0702025039
Biology/Anatomy:

The Crimson are a race that seems artificiality created by some sort of progenitor empire. While at first glance one would assume they are of mechanical origin, scientific analysis reveals that they are, in fact, a cross between a silicon life-form and a mechanical one, falling in some weird in-between.
Commanders also appear to have a ability to warp space to a weak degree, which they use to pick up objects around their would-be hand area, and create speech by manipulating a medium, such as gas or water. It has been speculating that they feed of space-time itself to gain energy, as it's near infinite and the would cause little to no impact on space-time itself, even when there are large groups.

The floating object that would at first appear to be one's head, is actually a weapon similar to a laser, with the ability to fire continuously, or in short bursts, at varying strengths. The "brain" is actually located in the core of the body, along with a weaker "emergency" laser. Their method of sensing is a form of radar, where every surface of said body acts as a transmitter and receiver, allowing 360 degree sight. This radar can detect this like color, sounds and even a form of touch. However, the cannot smell, and it is possible (albeit hard) to cause interference to their radar. Upon damage to one or more of their body parts, the seek the nearest source of metallic material and repair themselves, they are unable to regenerate of their own accord.

They come in two forms, drone and commander. The drone form seems to have zero free will and solely relies on direct orders from the commander, their size is comparable to a golden retriever. The commander stands in the 6-and-a-half foot range, and is fully sentient. A single commander can control around 3-to-5 Drones, at which point it's mind begins to overload. They are able to do this by a form of telepathic communication, and use this same ability to talk with both other commanders, and other species with telepathic ability.

A particularly strange part of Crimson behavior is that they will always refer to themselves as male. This rule persists even if he has been using female pronouns, oblivious to any other pronouns, for an extended period of time. Upon learning a male pronoun the will immediately change to using it, and will correct anyone who uses a different set of pronouns. This will even apply if the Crimson would have no realistic way to know this was a male pronoun

Natural Abilities:
They require no food, water, or gases to live

Each one has a built-in laser weapon, as well commanders having a power to create minor manipulations in space-time

The ability to instantly read all cybernetic data stored directly onto a machine, although knowledge they deem unimportant is quickly forgotten

360 radar sense.

Telepathy

The ability to use Blood Crystals, or the Obelisk.

Unnatural abilities: Some have managed to retain fragmented pieces of data from before their deactivation, others, such as Bloodred, can use more drones than the maximum limit would normally allow.
=========================================================
Life Span: They have no known lifespan limit.
Reproduction: They cannot self replicate, and it is unknown how they are manufactured.
Intelligence Level: Sentient
Species Type: Silicon/Synthetic
Population Percentage: 100%
Notable Individuals: Bloodred, a notorious leader of a powerful space pirate gang, who is said to control 100 drones.
Brief Description of Species:

GENERAL-
NS Nation Name: The Heavenly Commonwealth
Nation Name: The Obelisk Ascendancy
Flag:
Number of Controlled Systems: 35,000
Capital (System, Planet, City): The Obelisk is a large ship in between stars, and is therefore unable to be defined by these definitions.
Government type: Feudal Oligarchy
History:
Population: 1,000,000,000,000 commanders
Species: Only the Crimson are present within the Empire.

ECONOMIC-
Ideology: Isolationist, Supremacist, Materialistic, Scientific.
Economy: Good
Manufacturing: Strong
Agriculture: Horrible

MILITARY-
Population: 50,000,000,000
Branches: Their is only one branch
Standard infantry: They have large numbers of drones.
Standard weapon types: They use the weapons on their own bodies.
Standard ship: A Blood Crystal, which are able to carry around 1,000 entities at a given time. And have a powerful pulse blast.
Weapons:

-DRONE NODE: A large controller with the ability to control many drones at once

-BLOOD CANNON: A re-purposed fragment of a blood crystal, reusing it's ability to shoot pulses of energy. It is used as a mortar-esque weapon

-AMALGAMATE: A monster created from the fused remains of several down combatants, unpredictable and usually reserved for terror missions.

-SALVAGE SHIP: A ship made of various metals found throughout the galaxy, much like a normal spaceship. Dispite differences in composition, they always manage to look the same.

Strengths: A large amount of their weaponry is not understood, and can be hard to counter. It is also very durable and powerful, and the race itself tends to be, made of a very hard carapace.

Weaknesses: They cannot manufacture either this technology, or themselves, resorting to salvage for both.

The New Earth Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Earth Federation » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:26 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:Man feel so small compared to everyone else

But pretty interesting.....I like how your people care very much about quality rather then quantity.
Tech Level: Mid FT, 2898
Militaristic, imperialistic, multi species spacefaring nation, not based on Earth
Captial: New Earth, Arcadia system
WE DONT USE NS STATS, PLEASE USE FACTBOOKS Telegrams are always welcomed, don't worry I don't bite.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Is there anyone who would rather i don't include their race in my Pirate group?

Me, I don't believe that the Silicon people of Nickonyx would resort to piracy.

i am asking as I was going to include a race i will get an app up for, but they will be mostly out of the galaxy(?) and they will have split off from the main fleet long ago due to differences in philosophy so to speak, and over the years they have been here they will have logically recruited races local to here for variety and to learn information. Though they will be a single ship instead of the several they were due to a pre ic event me and another had worked out.

Questin mark is directed towards Gambia
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:30 pm

The New Earth Federation wrote:
Polar Svalbard wrote:Man feel so small compared to everyone else

But pretty interesting.....I like how your people care very much about quality rather then quantity.

Yes, I figured that creatures like that would care more about craftsmanship over mass producing stuff, what do you really need a ton of as a rock monster? As I said they're living rocks, imagine what the rocks in your backyard would want to do and take that as a starting point.

I'm quite excited to see how this turns out. What do you see becoming of your people?
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:33 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Polar Svalbard wrote:Me, I don't believe that the Silicon people of Nickonyx would resort to piracy.

i am asking as I was going to include a race i will get an app up for, but they will be mostly out of the galaxy(?) and they will have split off from the main fleet long ago due to differences in philosophy so to speak, and over the years they have been here they will have logically recruited races local to here for variety and to learn information. Though they will be a single ship instead of the several they were due to a pre ic event me and another had worked out.

Questin mark is directed towards Gambia

Maybe some Oxxhste philosophized too much and too much into an unprecendented direction that they would join up with you now that I think about it as philosphy is a large part of the Oxxhste culture.

We could have it as a little side story.
Last edited by Polar Svalbard on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Zeon Refounded
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeon Refounded » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:37 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Is there anyone who would rather i don't include their race in my Pirate group?

The Modified Humans wouldn't help you. In fact, if they caught you they would probably experiment on you.
SIEG ZEON!

Minor factbook retconning and reformatting occurring.

Dalvius wrote:"For those religious people worried about being damned to hell for the sin of exploding everything? Well, a nuclear blast will literally burn away the worlds sins! Oh yeah!!!"

Valcouria wrote:Let's get one thing straight; America is not a democracy. America is a republic. We elect representatives to serve our interests in the government. And we elect them in a democratic fashion. If it were a pure democracy, then all 315 million people would essentially be responsible for every facet of government behavior and direction.

With regard to the Electoral College... (rest of comment available in the thread)

Gundam Role-play. Create your own nation!

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:41 pm

Tag, did you see my TG Gambia?
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:41 pm

Vacif wrote:Tag, did you see my TG Gambia?

Yeah, you're good
Quote of the- Oh, I don't know how long I'm gonna have this on here.
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:
Interstellar Ascendancy: an FT Nation Rp

Evil Pootoo Bird of The Pub

Zeon Refounded
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeon Refounded » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Hey Gambia since my nation is slightly smallish and it is highly militaristic, could I have a higher military percentage? Just asking.
SIEG ZEON!

Dalvius wrote:"For those religious people worried about being damned to hell for the sin of exploding everything? Well, a nuclear blast will literally burn away the worlds sins! Oh yeah!!!"

Valcouria wrote:Let's get one thing straight; America is not a democracy. America is a republic. We elect representatives to serve our interests in the government. And we elect them in a democratic fashion. If it were a pure democracy, then all 315 million people would essentially be responsible for every facet of government behavior and direction.

With regard to the Electoral College... (rest of comment available in the thread)

The New Earth Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Earth Federation » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:

Yes, I figured that creatures like that would care more about craftsmanship over mass producing stuff, what do you really need a ton of as a rock monster? As I said they're living rocks, imagine what the rocks in your backyard would want to do and take that as a starting point.

I'm quite excited to see how this turns out. What do you see becoming of your people?

I'm not sure, seeing as we are military republic that loves to trade we will probably just go around trading and expanding quite aggressively.
Militaristic, imperialistic, multi species spacefaring nation, not based on Earth
WE DONT USE NS STATS, PLEASE USE FACTBOOKS Telegrams are always welcomed, don't worry I don't bite.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Gambia, can i make a faction/organization app for my Pirate group or just fill out a nation app for the entire fleet, as they will appear later, but include specifica about just this group, for now?

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:48 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Gambia, can i make a faction/organization app for my Pirate group or just fill out a nation app for the entire fleet, as they will appear later, but include specifica about just this group, for now?

Yes please
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:Yes, I figured that creatures like that would care more about craftsmanship over mass producing stuff, what do you really need a ton of as a rock monster? As I said they're living rocks, imagine what the rocks in your backyard would want to do and take that as a starting point.

I'm not sure, seeing as we are military republic that loves to trade we will probably just go around trading and expanding quite aggressively.

As long as you play nicely with the Oxxhste, you could trade for some of the most finely crafted items in the galaxy :lol:

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:50 pm

Zeon Refounded wrote:Hey Gambia since my nation is slightly smallish and it is highly militaristic, could I have a higher military percentage? Just asking.

I'm going to say yes, but with drawbacks in other areas.

RP's I'm hosting:

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:51 pm

The Greater Gambia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Gambia, can i make a faction/organization app for my Pirate group or just fill out a nation app for the entire fleet, as they will appear later, but include specifica about just this group, for now?

Yes please

Ok, i may just modify the organization app from ToTG, regardless i will get the app up soon.

The New Earth Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Earth Federation » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:52 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:

As long as you play nicely with the Oxxhste, you could trade for some of the most finely crafted items in the galaxy :lol:

Maybe.....also it's so difficult to choose what you want your standard infantry to look like. I'm stuck between the Civ BE Lv. 4 soldier or a MK V b armor suit.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:54 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:As long as you play nicely with the Oxxhste, you could trade for some of the most finely crafted items in the galaxy :lol:

Maybe.....also it's so difficult to choose what you want your standard infantry to look like. I'm stuck between the Civ BE Lv. 4 soldier or a MK V b armor suit.

Its easy for me, rock monster. What kind? Don't matter, it'll still crush you.

Zeon Refounded
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeon Refounded » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:56 pm

The Greater Gambia wrote:
I'm going to say yes, but with drawbacks in other areas.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and what do you think of my Zeon alt-history in my app?
Last edited by Zeon Refounded on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIEG ZEON!

The New Earth Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Earth Federation » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:58 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:

Its easy for me, rock monster. What kind? Don't matter, it'll still crush you.

How much does one of your rock monsters weight? Also do they prefer melee combat?

New Zacharia
Attaché

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Zacharia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:59 pm

The Confederation of Swarms

Number of Controlled Systems (No more than 60,000): 13,000
Capital (System, Planet, City): Loqar System, Loqar IV, Motherhive
Government type: Hereditary Dictatorship

History:

Kau civilisation has existed for tens of thousands of years, but the harshness of their homeworld's environment has severely hindered their development. Every few years Loqar IV is bombarded by solar storms, driving most of its native lifeforms into the aquatic caverns beneath its surface to escape the radiation. As such, the Kau have been forced to lead a nomadic existence for most of their history, unable to form complex settled societies as they continually migrated between their surface hunting grounds and their subterranean shelters.

The eventual discovery that certain elements, such as lead, could be used to construct dwellings shielded against stellar radiation, allowed the Kau to progress from this primitive state of existence. Within a few hundred years this advance had transformed their civilisation. The tunnels had been all but abandoned, as the Kau Swarms settled the surface for good and forgot their nomadic ways, founding sprawling hive cities and empires that spanned entire continents.

This progress would precipitate yet another great leap forward. For the Kau are deeply driven by a biological need to multiply as much as their environment can support, and universal to their cultures is the notion that birth is the highest good, and comes before all others. And the sudden availability of vast stretches of colonisable land, that could sustain billions more Kau than had ever existed before, drove the Swarms into a paroxysmal frenzy of reproduction, expansion, and genocide.

A period of war swept the entire planet, during which Kau technology advanced as never before, competing Swarms seeking ever more powerful and effective means of annihilating their competitors. The very form of the species itself was irrevocably changed as rival Swarmlords perfected their people through rigorous programs of eugenics and selective breeding.

Only the very strongest of Swarms survived this era, and having eradicated all others, the last of the Swarmlords recognised each other as genetic equals. A Confederation of Swarms was created, uniting the species under one polity.

Over the next few hundred years of peace, all of Loqar's habitable regions were populated by the Swarms. But the Kau's biological drive to grow had not, and could not be sated. The Confederation set its sights on the colonisation of the cosmos, which promised an infinite number of new worlds to spread upon.

The Kau possessed no means of faster-than-light travel, and so to settle beyond their star system the Confederation's excess population was herded onto titanic generation ships and launched for distant stars. Most of these vessels would never reach their destinations, or their colonists would fail to survive when they did - but over countless millenia, some missions were successful, and the Kau were spread haphazardly across the galactic core.

The Kau lead extremely short lives, and so an obsession with continuing the work of their ancestors pervades all their cultures. As such, the Confederation of Swarms has never stopped launching its settler fleets, all these thousands of years later, and all the worlds they successfully settled have gone on to launch their own expeditions in turn. So it is that today, the void of interstellar space teems far and wide with innumerable Kau, and will for millenia to come. They could arrive upon any world in the galaxy, at any time, and they care little for any inhabitants their destinations may already posses.

So long as their expansion is unhindered and resources are plentiful the swarms remain peaceful. But they have no real concept of sovereignty or ownership, and so they do not tend respect the borders and territorial claims of other species wherever they settle.

Population: 1 trillion (This figure is unstable. Once Kau colonies reach a certain size, population pressure can easily lead to nuclear war and billions of deaths. However the Kau are radiation-resistant and fast-breeding, and so repopulate quickly. Though they live only ten to fifteen years, they reach sexual maturity within six months and reproduce continuously for the rest of their lives)

Species: Kau

ECONOMIC-

Ideology: Collectivist
Kau Economy, Manufacturing and Agriculture are strong enough to sustain the populations of individual systems, but as they have no FTL capabilities their empire as a whole possesses no unified economy.

MILITARY-

The Kau settler fleets have no standing militaries. They genetically engineer warrior organisms adapted to whatever planetary environment they discover upon their arrival.

Although adept at manipulating biology, Kau space technology is relatively primitive. Their vessels range from 2 to 3km in length at most, run off crude and inefficient fission reactors, and do not have artificial gravity, shields or FTL capabilities. They have no energy weapons, and instead rely on the brute force of mass drivers and missiles. If they can make up for these deficiencies, then they do so through numbers.

I'll have the species app up in a minute.

Is what I have ok? Its a little unconventional what with them lacking FTL, but with all their generation ships floating about I thought I could have them turn up in a few relevant places at the beginning of the RP.

Could I also request that the Kau have not yet been contacted by the other civs in the galaxy?

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:02 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:Its easy for me, rock monster. What kind? Don't matter, it'll still crush you.

How much does one of your rock monsters weight? Also do they prefer melee combat?

That varies to different extremes from under a ton to many tons as there are different body types for each one depending on how long they coalesced for.

They mainly engage with railguns although they will engage in melee as necessary, and its quite hard to stop a giant boulder from hitting you like a f*cking tractor trailor on steroids.

The New Earth Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Earth Federation » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:

That varies to different extremes from under a ton to many tons as there are different body types for each one depending on how long they coalesced for.

They mainly engage with railguns although they will engage in melee as necessary, and its quite hard to stop a giant boulder from hitting you like a f*cking tractor trailor on steroids.

Interesting.....and quite true

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

WIP FAction app

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:06 pm

-Base Information-
[INSERT LOGO HERE]
Organization Name:
Type of Organization: (Political group, Pirate group, etc)
Organization Leader: (At least one paragraph if not more)
History Of Your Organization: (A couple paragraphs, I would rather it be detailed and include the current state of the organization and how it came to be.)

-Military Information-

Military Information: (Technological Capabilities, Production Capabilities, etc...)
Personnel Info: (How many people are there in the group. If affiliated with a nation, the number can't exceed 4% of the population. If you want you can break it down further into somethign like how many soldiers or other types of people are in the organization.)
Race Info: (What races are in the organizaiton and how large a portion of the group are they?)
Affiliated Branches: (Any other groups associated with the Organization/Faction

-Other Information-
Rival Organizations:
Benefactors: (If yes, who has a deal/contract with your Organization and what type of deal is it?)

i modified the App from ToTG, and you can modify it further Gam if you wish.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:07 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:That varies to different extremes from under a ton to many tons as there are different body types for each one depending on how long they coalesced for.

Interesting.....and quite true

We've mostly been talking about the Oxxhste though, what are your populace like?

Zeon Refounded
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeon Refounded » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:08 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:We've mostly been talking about the Oxxhste though, what are your populace like?

Are your babies gravel?

Your people also seem like Thardus from Metroid Prime.
Last edited by Zeon Refounded on Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIEG ZEON!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse