NATION

PASSWORD

Emergence: Future Imperfect (Reboot OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:44 pm

I was just looking for a new RP to join.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:18 pm

App:
Name: Jasper
Alias/Designation: Digital Pariah
Race: Meta
Personality: Jasper is extremely mischievous and impish. He only does something because he thinks it'll be fun or he's forced to do it, in which case he'll find some way to mess it up. He enjoys hacking into different systems just for the fun of it and doesn't care for physical achievement. Jasper finds all the fighting that's happening in the real world to be a huge game for him to watch, and if he helps one side he'll help the other equally.
Appearance:

Affiliation: None
Powers/Skills:
Powers:
Digital Manipulation

Skills:
Self-taught martial artist
Expert hacker
Extremely intelligent

Weaknesses:
Limited to the power level of the form he's taking.
Being made of pure data, could be corrupted by a high-level virus.
Harder for him to take over system with A.I.

Backstory: Jasper has always been interested in computers and technology since he was little. He taught himself how to hack, program, and fix computers by the age of 10. A couple years later his powers started manifesting and he mainly used them to search the internet for whatever he needed to find out. Later that same year his parents died in a mugging and police couldn't find the murder. Jasper, stricken with grief and wanting revenge, channeled his powers to search the internet and find the murder's digital footprint, found the man responsible, and killed him.

Having nothing left in the physical world, Jasper moved into the digital world and reconstructed his appearance to remain anonymous. Now he spends most of his time breaking into different systems for fun and spying on different factions. He won't reveal any of the secrets he's found because he feels like that would spoil the fun of being him.

Optional:(The Below are optional and are added for enjoyment.)
Theme Song: TBA
D&D Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Bycrest wrote:App:
Name: Jasper
Alias/Designation: Digital Pariah
Race: Meta
Personality: Jasper is extremely mischievous and impish. He only does something because he thinks it'll be fun or he's forced to do it, in which case he'll find some way to mess it up. He enjoys hacking into different systems just for the fun of it and doesn't care for physical achievement. Jasper finds all the fighting that's happening in the real world to be a huge game for him to watch, and if he helps one side he'll help the other equally.
Appearance:

Affiliation: None
Powers/Skills:
Powers:
Digital Manipulation

Skills:
Self-taught martial artist
Expert hacker
Extremely intelligent

Weaknesses:
Limited to the power level of the form he's taking.
Being made of pure data, could be corrupted by a high-level virus.
Harder for him to take over system with A.I.

Backstory: Jasper has always been interested in computers and technology since he was little. He taught himself how to hack, program, and fix computers by the age of 10. A couple years later his powers started manifesting and he mainly used them to search the internet for whatever he needed to find out. Later that same year his parents died in a mugging and police couldn't find the murder. Jasper, stricken with grief and wanting revenge, channeled his powers to search the internet and find the murder's digital footprint, found the man responsible, and killed him.

Having nothing left in the physical world, Jasper moved into the digital world and reconstructed his appearance to remain anonymous. Now he spends most of his time breaking into different systems for fun and spying on different factions. He won't reveal any of the secrets he's found because he feels like that would spoil the fun of being him.

Theme Song: TBA
D&D Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Looks good. Accepted.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Vendran
Secretary

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vendran » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:51 pm

App:
Name: Drake Senner
Alias/Designation: Dart
Appearance:

Affiliation: Whatever will hurt all of the factions the most.
Powers/Skills:
Powers: Super Speed, Hyper Reflexes, Super Metabolism/ Healing, Super Intellegence (He can learn stuff really fast, but he still has to learn it)
Skills: He has a Black Belt in Shaolin Kung Fu, Basic Marksmanship training and he can pick locks. Hes also a chess master but thats unlikely to come in handy in the superhero world.
Weaknesses: He still is as weak as a human, all mortal weaknesses still affect him, but he is fast enough to dodge all of them. He is also weak to flyers, seeing as he is ground based. Light based attacks are especially strong as well.
Backstory: Drake was born in the dark age, and he has never known peace. His father left his family early on to join Aegis and his mother took him around the country, fleeing enemies of his father. At age 8 Drake's powers developed when Conglomerate and Patriot heroes closed in on him. When his mother told him to run, he ran. A mile. In 30 seconds. He ran back to find his mother's body decimated, her flech burned by a fire weilder and her bones crushed by a strongman. At this moment Drake swore that he would destroy all 3 factions for taking away any chance of a life he had.

Drake ran around the country for the next 16 years of his life, causing Chaos where ever he went. All 3 factions were on high alert for a rogue speedster and began to hunt him. Drake continued to hone his power, and at age 16, 8 years after the death of his mother, he stopped running away from the hunters, and ran towards them. He took out countless hunter of both the Conglomerate and the Patriots, until they stopped hunting him. Drake then began to do everything he could to destroy the both of them, while hunting Aegis members as he went, hoping to find his father an get revenge for his life.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8En-59HDMrA
D&D Alignment: Chaotic Good

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Bycrest wrote:I was just looking for a new RP to join.

Looks interesting. I might join.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:26 pm

Taggity bitch.
I'm here.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:37 pm

Vendran wrote:App:
Appearance:

Powers/Skills:
Powers: Super Speed, Hyper Reflexes, Super Metabolism/ Healing, Super Intellegence (He can learn stuff really fast, but he still has to learn it)
Skills: He has a Black Belt in Shaolin Kung Fu, Basic Marksmanship training and he can pick locks. Hes also a chess master but thats unlikely to come in handy in the superhero world.
Weaknesses: He still is as weak as a human, all mortal weaknesses still affect him, but he is fast enough to dodge all of them. He is also weak to flyers, seeing as he is ground based. Light based attacks are especially strong as well.
Backstory: Drake was born in the dark age, and he has never known peace. His father left his family early on to join Aegis and his mother took him around the country, fleeing enemies of his father. At age 8 Drake's powers developed when Conglomerate and Patriot heroes closed in on him. When his mother told him to run, he ran. A mile. In 30 seconds. He ran back to find his mother's body decimated, her flech burned by a fire weilder and her bones crushed by a strongman. At this moment Drake swore that he would destroy all 3 factions for taking away any chance of a life he had.

Drake ran around the country for the next 16 years of his life, causing Chaos where ever he went. All 3 factions were on high alert for a rogue speedster and began to hunt him. Drake continued to hone his power, and at age 16, 8 years after the death of his mother, he stopped running away from the hunters, and ran towards them. He took out countless hunter of both the Conglomerate and the Patriots, until they stopped hunting him. Drake then began to do everything he could to destroy the both of them, while hunting Aegis members as he went, hoping to find his father an get revenge for his life.

What kind of super speed are we talking about?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:41 pm

So from the OP, it seems as if a good chunk of the US is still a sort of wasteland?
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:54 pm

Anowa wrote:So from the OP, it seems as if a good chunk of the US is still a sort of wasteland?

The setting is pushing on apocalyptic but it's not quite there yet.

A few cities were targeted with nuclear weapons, but only a handful. In California Los Angeles is gone but every other city survived.

The US collapsed but much of its infrastructure survived. People still have power and food and TV, but almost all of it is provided by the Congolomerate. If you happen to be rebelling against them you have to depend on yourself to get modern services.

Vendran
Secretary

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vendran » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:05 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Vendran wrote:App:
Appearance:

Powers/Skills:

What kind of super speed are we talking about?

Like the Flash.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:07 pm

Vendran wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:What kind of super speed are we talking about?

Like the Flash.

Flash's powers would be an example of story breaking powers. I think it should be toned down a bit from the Flash.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:10 pm

Vendran wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:What kind of super speed are we talking about?

Like the Flash.

I think quicksilver would be morw apropriate
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:47 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Vendran wrote:
Like the Flash.

I think quicksilver would be morw apropriate

Definitely.
I would, however, like to know the logic behind the Flash traveling back in time. Forward, that's doable. But back? No physics can explain that. I don't know why the TV show even bothers trying to explain stuff with science. Even I recognize it as bullshit.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:49 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:I think quicksilver would be morw apropriate

Definitely.
I would, however, like to know the logic behind the Flash traveling back in time. Forward, that's doable. But back? No physics can explain that. I don't know why the TV show even bothers trying to explain stuff with science. Even I recognize it as bullshit.

Speed Force.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:51 pm

Anowa wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:Definitely.

Speed Force.

Traveling back in time by running?
There's a speed barrier he has to break to go back. That'd be a better analogy for going forward.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:52 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Anowa wrote:Speed Force.

Traveling back in time by running?
There's a speed barrier he has to break to go back. That'd be a better analogy for going forward.

Speed Force explains everything.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Anowa wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:Traveling back in time by running?

Speed Force explains everything.

Now you're just arguing like a certain group whose arguments are...
let's just say very similar to that because I don't want to get in trouble for flaming.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:57 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Anowa wrote:Speed Force explains everything.

let's just say very similar to that because I don't want to get in trouble for flaming.

Allow me to correct myself then:
Speed Force and Prep Time explain everything.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:59 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Anowa wrote:Speed Force explains everything.

It is true through the plot powers granted by it.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:03 pm

So I think we can all agree. Flash OP?

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:13 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:So I think we can all agree. Flash OP?

Yes.
Completely.

Ouldale
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ouldale » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:40 pm

App:
Name: Charles DeGuire
Alias/Designation: the Professor
Appearance:
Out of costume:

In costume: I'll draw one up and put it here in the next few days
Affiliation: Aegis
Powers/Skills:
Powers:
Precognition:
Charles can vaguely see possible futures, but these "visions" come at random times and can be rather confusing at times. (These could be given by you, OP, for plot advancement!) These futures depend on human choices and random variables, so if you're universe has a set future/"fate"/is deterministic then this character couldn't really work.
Skills:
Expert Knowledge:
Metaphysics, ethics, neuroscience. Special expertise in the free will/determinism debate as well as metaethics.

Great Knowledge:
Epistemology, logic, semiotics, aesthetics, literature, poetry, critical theory, classical architecture, film, painting, sculpture, opera, musicology, classical, jazz, classical studies, rhetoric, renaissance history, military history, psychiatry, psychology, anatomy, evolution, probability, political philosophy, political science, anthropology, sociology, economics, history, semiotics, world religions, theology, occult/Gnosticism/esotericism, future studies, computer science, tactics

Great Physical Condition:
Great endurance, strength, and speed despite average appearance. But not really better than a collegiate athlete.

Weaknesses: Relatively weak for a "superhuman". Family can be used as leverage. Trouble balancing work, being super, and family. Very empathetic. Can be indecisive unless in an ethical dilemma :lol:
Backstory: Born to a middle class family, Charles enjoyed learning from a young age. He quickly became infatuated with his books and became friends with his peers who were the same way. This continued throughout high school and college. He received a master's degree and PhD in philosophy. As a professor, after much reading, thinking and hypothesizing, he was researching the physiological basis for free will, or the lack thereof with his old friend, a neuroscientist. They re-performed a few well known experiments but then moved on to their own investigations. Going under a PET scan while thinking and deciding between various choices was one of their own experiments. After a few rounds of the two switching between each other and a few student research volunteers, Charles went one last time. While the brain scan was being performed a thunderstorm quickly started up and lightning destroyed both the poles carrying electricity and the generators, unfortunately placed above ground. Charles was stuck there for a few hours, but assured his friend all was fine. Once the power was reinstated, only a short few hours later, the PET scan overreacted and shorted itself out, emitting it's radioactivity from the tracers at abnormal levels. But this machine wasn't all, all of the machines in the building were doing this. A neighboring physics laboratory proved deadly to the student researchers and Charles' good friend that dark night of extended experimentation. But that PET scan somehow protected Charles, whether from the radioactivity or the physical shielding. Weeks passed and Charles started to predict things, and was able to visualize how different scenarios and aspects of his life could play out. He found this fascinating, but not necessarily abnormal. Things continued to develop and in several more weeks he would receive "visions", albeit cloudy ones, of the future. He figured out that they were not set in stone though, either due to free will or some quantum randomness or both. With this he decided to use his power for good. He initially started as an independent superhuman. He observed all things and everyone around him, and on occasion was able to use this to prevent robberies or rapes. He remained in the shadows without any fancy costume or nickname. He preferred it this way, kept his family safe and he never cared for any fame or glory anyway. He was contacted by various factions, whom had been spying on him once the accident gave him this power. An opponent on principle to both governments and corporations, he sided with Aegis and offered to give them what little good he could with a promise of keeping his family safe.
[ju]Optional:[/u]
Theme Song: TBD
D&D Alignment: I feel like he might transcend alignment? I feel like a lot of superhero characters do. At least the good ones.
Last edited by Ouldale on Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Econ Right: -2
Social Libertarian: -7.5

Socialist Anarchist Total-Isolationist Bleeding-Heart Progressive

Largely unsuccessful attempt at representing my RL not RP political views:Ouldale Irl Political Views

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:44 pm

Ouldale wrote:App:
Name: Charles DeGuire
Alias/Designation: the Professor
Appearance:
Out of costume:
In costume: I'll draw one up and put it here in the next few days
Affiliation: Aegis
Powers/Skills:
Powers:
Precognition:
Charles can vaguely see possible futures, but these "visions" come at random times and can be rather confusing at times. (These could be given by you, OP, for plot advancement!) These futures depend on human choices and random variables, so if you're universe has a set future/"fate"/is deterministic then this character couldn't really work.
Skills:
Expert Knowledge:
Metaphysics, ethics, neuroscience. Special expertise in the free will/determinism debate as well as metaethics.

Great Knowledge:
Epistemology, logic, semiotics, aesthetics, literature, poetry, critical theory, classical architecture, film, painting, sculpture, opera, musicology, classical, jazz, classical studies, rhetoric, renaissance history, military history, psychiatry, psychology, anatomy, evolution, probability, political philosophy, political science, anthropology, sociology, economics, history, semiotics, world religions, theology, occult/Gnosticism/esotericism, future studies, computer science, tactics

Great Physical Condition:
Great endurance, strength, and speed despite average appearance. But not really better than a collegiate athlete.

Weaknesses: Relatively weak for a "superhuman". Family can be used as leverage. Trouble balancing work, being super, and family. Very empathetic. Can be indecisive unless in an ethical dilemma :lol:
Backstory: I'm still doing some thinking for the details of this. I'll do this later tonight. If the rest of the app is unacceptable then no point but I'll get to this if the previous stuff is totally good. :)
Optional:
Theme Song: TBD
D&D Alignment: I feel like he might transcend alignment? I feel like a lot of superhero characters do. At least the good ones.

Seems good so far. The plot device idea is interesting.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:00 pm

Does anyone need anything explained or elaborated on for the IC?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:45 pm

Hello.

Are all of us have to make apps for superhumans? Or is it possible to play as normal human?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse