NATION

PASSWORD

Emergence: Future Imperfect (Reboot OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:59 am

So the technology level, is it as high as 2010s, or with slight different, like the existence of a better version or completed version of exoskeleton and powered armor, and laser weapons?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:09 am

Er, Tito?
The first Galactic Republic wrote:A few cities were targeted with nuclear weapons, but only a handful. In California Los Angeles is gone but every other city survived.

You picked the one city that doesn't have towers anymore.
Last edited by Anowa on Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:13 am

Anowa wrote:Er, Tito?
The first Galactic Republic wrote:A few cities were targeted with nuclear weapons, but only a handful. In California Los Angeles is gone but every other city survived.

Fich.

Ich will change...details. And city.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:15 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Anowa wrote:Er, Tito?

Fich.

San Fransisco would work.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:19 am

Anowa wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Fich.

San Fransisco would work.

San Diego wouldn't?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:21 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Anowa wrote:San Fransisco would work.

San Diego wouldn't?

It would, figured it'd be a little close to the border but oh well.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

DAFT Universe
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby DAFT Universe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:43 am

first post done!

I don't know how I'm managing to write better here than the other RP I do. Meh. My writing will probobly get worse until it resembles my normal writing.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:28 am

Guys?

Can we keep the profanity down in the IC, please? There are some younger readers on NS... That first initial post is especially the one I'm thinking of...
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:22 am

Shadowwell wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:Uhh...
Idk

Go crazy pyro ftw.

Imight bring 1 over from the oroginal.

Got it in one!
Because who doesn't love a pyromaniac?
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:52 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:So the technology level, is it as high as 2010s, or with slight different, like the existence of a better version or completed version of exoskeleton and powered armor, and laser weapons?

Technology is a bit better than our world because of comic book super geniuses averting the Reed Richards is useless trope in the past. That being said only the Conglomerate and afford to produce new technology regularly.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:52 am

The IC started? What's going on?
Last edited by Bycrest on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:52 am

Bycrest wrote:The IC started? What's going on?

Introductions mainly.

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:14 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Bycrest wrote:The IC started? What's going on?

Introductions mainly.

So no main problem that everyone comes together to deal with, just every one doing their own thing?
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:19 am

Bycrest wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:Introductions mainly.

So no main problem that everyone comes together to deal with, just every one doing their own thing?

I can set up some faction leaders if anyone wants? Otherwise I'm building to it.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:43 am

Talchyon wrote:Guys?

Can we keep the profanity down in the IC, please? There are some younger readers on NS... That first initial post is especially the one I'm thinking of...

You must be new here.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:21 pm

I was working on this great post, and it was taken from me by the server problems.

So does anyone need me for anything? Needs NPCs to introduce you to a faction or something?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:11 pm

App: (Delete all in Parenthesis including this or app wont be accepted.)
Name: Unknown, though occassionally uses Xavier
Alias/Designation: One
Age: Unknown suspected to be at least around his late 20's early 30's
Appearance: TBD
Affiliation: Himself, though his actions may benefit the others.
Powers/Skills: Superpower manipulation: it is a power he has to Activate and it comes in three parts.
Nullification: can nullify powers of a person by touch for ten minute, and in a 2and a half feet radius around him, power based attacks dissipate.
Acquisition: when he touches someone he can take the power that they have, it is a conscious decision. when he uses a stolen power the person he took it from originally will once again have their powers nullified, for 5 or so hours.
Storage and use: can store up to five superpowers at a time, can only use one at a time in a 24 hr period. power usage only lasts for about 5 hours, or longer depending upon the power.
Adaptive Evolution:: Passive, whenever he acquires a suitable power his body evolves, gaining some physical trait corresponding to that power. he does not choose when this happens. the larger the change, the more uh unpleasant and the longer the change is. after he evolves he cant use his nullification/manipulation powers for 3 days, but still keeps the evolved traits and can use any stored abilities but they would be wasted as they would be much weaker than normal.
Current evolved traits: peak human physical perfection, physiology and senses.
Weaknesses: TBD
Backstory: He was found, would probably be the easiest way to put it in a hidden laboratory in the 70's during the cold war era.
Optional:
Theme Song: Simply the Best (Will link later)
D&D Alignment: Chaotic evilish

I will edit the power later, as i just copied it over from the original incarnation of the character.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Anowa
Post Marshal

fem!Hussar

Postby Anowa » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:14 am

App:
Name: Celeste Castillion
Alias/Designation:The Archangel
Appearance: The Last Saint
Affiliation: Herself
Powers/Skills:
    Powers
  • Angelic Physiology
    • Supernatural Condition: Move tanks, walk away from point blank gunfights, and survive the deadliest of diseases constitute a supernatural being.
    • Blade Construction: Able to form a sword out of the dark energy in the cosmos, takes the form of a longsword decorated with a series of Abrahamic symbols.
    • Death Sense Celeste is capable of telling when one is dying or when death is coming, this has aided her greatly over the years, not only in surviving, but in healing others.
    • Healing: Using the powers bestowed upon her Celeste is capable of not only healing herself, but others as well.
    • Holy Lightning Manipulation: The Holiness of the lightning is debatable, it's effectiveness is not, the equivalanet of ten bolts of lightning at once, it'll give pause if not outright kill anything on the receiving end.
    Skills
  • Flight: The ability to use two extra limbs is certainly an acquired skill, especially since speeds of 200mph can be reached and maneuvers that would shear the wings of a fighter jet can be performed.
  • Enhanced Swordsmanship: Almost half a millennia of practice has made Celest all but unmatched in sword based combat.
Weaknesses::
  • She very much looks to avoid fights if at all possible.
  • She's vehemently opposed to all three factions. Working with any would require an act of God, or a very very good reason.
  • A part of her still trusts her fellow Watch Trust companions despite what they may be doing now. As such, she'd most likely assume the best intentions from them, allowing them and their cohorts to gain the immediate upper hand in a fight, even then she'd likely try to reason them before skipping straight to combat.
  • She currently finds herself responsible for a sizable independent town in Northern California. If they came under threat than a very large bargaining ship would be at your disposal.
  • She's a bit too trusting of people who appear baseline, if a superhuman appears normal enough this would allow them to get the upper hand.
  • The use of holy lightning requires a bit of static build up, usually with her feathers. It's use also results in a fair amount of burn damage on the limb she 'throws' it with.
Backstory: Celeste is by all accounts, ancient. Born in 1478, Celeste was a simple noble's daughter, destined to be married off. And that's what happened, in 1493, at the age of 15, she was married to a rather unknown Duke in Portugal... Unfortunately he was rather involved with the secret societies of the occult. And Celeste was to be their virgin sacrifice. After nearly three hours of having her skin carved open and engraved with satanic sigils and having her blood form a pentagram beneath her wounded form, she was stabbed. She lay there dying for another fifteen minutes, her body failing to move on. Apparently God was in fact watching over her that night, a very large collection of the Spanish Inquisition stormed the occultist's hide out, killing them all.

Unfortunately, Celeste was beyond saving, and one of the Inquisitors aimed in putting her out of her misery. Key word aimed, from the roof of the structure, a bolt of pure white struck Celeste, instantly healing her wounds, and giving her the gift that a very scant few had ever received. Angelhood. The Inquisitors could only watch in awe as the girl they had only just attempted to end, had sprouted wings, a heavenly halo, and was now seemingly glowing. Understandably they were all scared, the Inquisitors for fear of the wrath of God, and Celeste for being the most confused girl in that point of time.

So in secret, they took her to the Vatican, where she would spend the next 200 years in the company of the Popes, Cardinals and Bishops who came and went, her secret being heavily guarded. When they were founded, she learned to fight from the Swiss Guard. When the Sack of Rome arrived she hid, and until the early 1700s, she tried to stay as close to the Vatican as she could. But when tales of a world beyond the sea reached her ears, she fled, after giving a note to her friends at the Vatican of her departure to America. It was here she watched over the settlers, helping those who needed it in secret, being the angel all those who reached the brink of death talked about.

She would not return to Europe until the Second World War, to help watch over her old home of the Vatican. Thankfully she was never needed, and her secret was still kept by the loyalist Catholics in the Vatican. Her secret would be willingly released upon her joining of the Watch Trust. Her joy of helping the world en masse was short lived. When the Vanishing occured, and was promptly explained, the world broke. Celeste is still trying to pick up the pieces and fix it into something new.

Optional:
Theme Song:Angels Fall - Breaking Benjamin
D&D Alignment: Lawful Good
Last edited by Anowa on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:15 am

Anowa wrote:App:
Powers/Skills:
    Powers
  • Angelic Physiology
    • Supernatural Condition: Move tanks, walk away from point blank gunfights, and survive the deadliest of diseases constitute a supernatural being.
    • Blade Construction: Able to form a sword out of the dark energy in the cosmos, takes the form of a longsword decorated with a series of Abrahamic symbols.
    • Death Sense Celeste is capable of telling when one is dying or when death is coming, this has aided her greatly over the years, not only in surviving, but in healing others.
    • Healing: Using the powers bestowed upon her Celeste is capable of not only healing herself, but others as well.
    • Holy Lightning Manipulation: The Holiness of the lightning is debatable, it's effectiveness is not, the equivalanet of ten bolts of lightning at once, it'll give pause if not outright kill anything on the receiving end.
    Skills
  • Flight: The ability to use two extra limbs is certainly an acquired skill, especially since speeds of 200mph can be reached and maneuvers that would shear the wings of a fighter jet can be performed.
  • Enhanced Swordsmanship: Almost half a millennia of practice has made Celest all but unmatched in sword based combat.
  • She's vehemently opposed to all three factions.
  • A part of her still trusts her fellow Watch Trust companions despite what they may be doing now.
  • She currently finds herself responsible for a sizeable independent town in Northern California.
Backstory: Celeste is by all accounts, ancient. Born in 1478, Celeste was a simple noble's daughter, destined to be married off. And that's what happened, in 1493, at the age of 15, she was married to a rather unknown Duke in Portugal... Unfortunately he was rather involved with the secret societies of the occult. And Celeste was to be their virgin sacrifice. After nearly three hours of having her skin carved open and engraved with satanic sigils and having her blood form a pentagram beneath her wounded form, she was stabbed. She lay there dying for another fifteen minutes, her body failing to move on. Apparently God was in fact watching over her that night, a very large collection of the Spanish Inquisition stormed the occultist's hide out, killing them all.

Unfortunately, Celeste was beyond saving, and one of the Inquisitors aimed in putting her out of her misery. Key word aimed, from the roof of the structure, a bolt of pure white struck Celeste, instantly healing her wounds, and giving her the gift that a very scant few had ever received. Angelhood. The Inquisitors could only watch in awe as the girl they had only just attempted to end, had sprouted wings, a heavenly halo, and was now seemingly glowing. Understandably they were all scared, the Inquisitors for fear of the wrath of God, and Celeste for being the most confused girl in that point of time.

So in secret, they took her to the Vatican, where she would spend the next 200 years in the company of the Popes, Cardinals and Bishops who came and went, her secret being heavily guarded. When they were founded, she learned to fight from the Swiss Guard. When the Sack of Rome arrived she hid, and until the early 1700s, she tried to stay as close to the Vatican as she could. But when tales of a world beyond the sea reached her ears, she fled, after giving a note to her friends at the Vatican of her departure to America. It was here she watched over the settlers, helping those who needed it in secret, being the angel all those who reached the brink of death talked about.

She would not return to Europe until the Second World War, to help watch over her old home of the Vatican. Thankfully she was never needed, and her secret was still kept by the loyalist Catholics in the Vatican. Her secret would be willingly released upon her joining of the Watch Trust. Her joy of helping the world en masse was short lived. When the Vanishing occured, and was promptly explained, the world broke. Celeste is still trying to pick up the pieces and fix it into something new.

Optional:

Those are more descriptions than weaknesses. Weaknesses should be serious flaws in a character than represent a significant obstacle for them. What is her support for her former Watch Trust companions so strong that she can't physically hurt them or something?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:27 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Anowa wrote:App:
Powers/Skills:
    Powers
  • Angelic Physiology
    Skills
  • She's vehemently opposed to all three factions.
  • A part of her still trusts her fellow Watch Trust companions despite what they may be doing now.
  • She currently finds herself responsible for a sizeable independent town in Northern California.

Optional:

Those are more descriptions than weaknesses. Weaknesses should be serious flaws in a character than represent a significant obstacle for them. What is her support for her former Watch Trust companions so strong that she can't physically hurt them or something?

Yeah I guess that is a bit vague, I'll make improvements.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:53 am

Is the app for this RP same as the one for the previous emergence?
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:19 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:Is the app for this RP same as the one for the previous emergence?

It's largely the same. It's in the OP.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:04 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:.

Hey -

What time of year is this taking place in right now? If there isn't anything definite, can I request mid-summer? I have a writing idea.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:22 am

Talchyon wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:.

Hey -

What time of year is this taking place in right now? If there isn't anything definite, can I request mid-summer? I have a writing idea.

Yeah sure. I didn't have a specific time of year in mind.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:16 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:I was working on this great post, and it was taken from me by the server problems.

So does anyone need me for anything? Needs NPCs to introduce you to a faction or something?

Probably some Aegis leaders?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse