NATION

PASSWORD

Stories of Aincrad; The Last Mile [OOC][OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:04 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:They're pretty much all fine except Imgur, not sure why. *shrugs*

XD Somehow, I can't picture that. You being rather chill, and all. Then again, you are listed as the 'wielder of the feared Flammenwerfer'. I'm sure you were very scary... y'know, before I showed up and brought the homicidal mania.

Maybe you can see it here then?

Yeah, I was pretty nationalistic back then, but not necessarily in the bad sense of the word.

Still, yeah, I am normally pretty calm, but I am apparently pretty aggressive when I am angry, and that doesn't happen often xD
I can't understand what's being said, but it seems funny. :p

You? Angry? :eyebrow: Not sure I believe it...

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:10 am

Charlia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Maybe you can see it here then?

Yeah, I was pretty nationalistic back then, but not necessarily in the bad sense of the word.

Still, yeah, I am normally pretty calm, but I am apparently pretty aggressive when I am angry, and that doesn't happen often xD
I can't understand what's being said, but it seems funny. :p

"Where am I? It's a strange and foreign land.."
"Look, it's my kinsman!" (the Romanian Thrace believing that the ball in front of it is Romania)
"Hello!"
"The Union is not an option" (as in, Moldova can't do anything about being annexed/eaten)
"No.."

Yeah, I know, it does seem kinda weird.

But there are a few instances where I've really lost my temper, especially in my region.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:25 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:I can't understand what's being said, but it seems funny. :p

"Look, it's my kinsman!" (the Romanian Thrace believing that the ball in front of it is Romania)
"Hello!"
"The Union is not an option" (as in, Moldova can't do anything about being annexed/eaten)
"No.."

But there are a few instances where I've really lost my temper, especially in my region.
Ahhhhhh, I see. It is funny. ^-^

You're probably pretty scary then, it's always the nice ones you have to watch out for. (No one is ever going to be able to say 'I never thought she could do something like this, she was always so quiet and nice' about me. XD)

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:34 am

Thrac and supernationalistic?

Nooooooooooooooooooo, totally not. These long and drawn out discussions about Romanian, Hungary, Bulgaria, WW1, WW2 etc. were probably all just imagined.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:I can't understand what's being said, but it seems funny. :p

"Hello!"
"No.."

I could vaguely understand what was happening without translation, but by far my favorite part was the last pandl where Moldova was like “Nu... ;-;”
XD
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:42 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:
"Hello!"
"No.."

I could vaguely understand what was happening without translation, but by far my favorite part was the last pandl where Moldova was like “Nu... ;-;”
XD
CC! *glomps*

But, yeah, that was a great panel. Somehow 'nu' is funnier than 'no'.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:08 am

RIP Vashiel

November 15, 2016 - June 16, 2017

Never Forget (that I'm evil)

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:22 am

Charlia wrote:RIP Vashiel

Is this a one year anniversary or did you mean to write 2018?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:23 am

This is going to be rebooted at some point. Probably in July.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:31 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Charlia wrote:RIP Vashiel

Is this a one year anniversary or did you mean to write 2018?
It's a one-year anniversary.

It's been precisely a year since the day on which his health bar was emptied... by CC's character cutting him into pieces, if I'm recalling the method of death correctly.

Heh.
Tracian Empire wrote:This is going to be rebooted at some point. Probably in July.
Well, we have to finish first, silly. :P

I've been waiting too long to see Arno waking up and freaking out, I won't accept being deprived. ;)

(In my head, it's all very Angel Beats. Except worse because there's no 'oh she's been reincarnated into a better life'... I would find a way to outdo one of the saddest shows on the planet.)
Last edited by Charlia on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:37 am

Tracian Empire wrote:This is going to be rebooted at some point. Probably in July.

*says he reboots in July*
*reboots in August*
*accepts the first wave of apps*
*launches IC 2 weeks later*
*makes one IC post*
*drops dead cuz next year of school has started or something*

:bow:

United States of Indonesia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby United States of Indonesia » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:46 pm

Ayyyy
July eh?
Wars: World War Z - Status: PYRRHIC VICTORY
World War Z II - Status: PYRRHIC VICTORY
NationStates World War I - Status: VICTORY
NationStates World War II - Status: VICTORY

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:05 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:

*says he reboots in July*
*reboots in August*
*makes one IC post*

Who knows, that might actually happen.

I am hoping that my activity will rise again once I recover some of my lost sleep, and overall, with school gone, I should have more time. But I'm not sure if I'll have the energy and motivation and inspiration to do it.

I will of course do my best to firstly finish the battle going on the IC, and then to work on the sequel/reboot. The issue is that the sequel would require a fair bit of work, and part of me does want for us to just do the reboot and let the sequel for after SAO Season 3 airs. But then, on the one hand, I do want the sequel to happen as soon as possible, and on the other hand, Charlia would kill me for just thinking about it.

But the next school year will be relatively tough for me, so, yeah.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:32 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:*says he reboots in July*
*reboots in August*
*makes one IC post*

Who knows, that might actually happen.

I am hoping that my activity will rise again once I recover some of my lost sleep, and overall, with school gone, I should have more time. But I'm not sure if I'll have the energy and motivation and inspiration to do it.

I will of course do my best to firstly finish the battle going on the IC, and then to work on the sequel/reboot. The issue is that the sequel would require a fair bit of work, and part of me does want for us to just do the reboot and let the sequel for after SAO Season 3 airs. But then, on the one hand, I do want the sequel to happen as soon as possible, and on the other hand, Charlia would kill me for just thinking about it.

But the next school year will be relatively tough for me, so, yeah.
Motivation: without the sequel, Charlotte's suffering in limbo forever.

Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby United States of Indonesia » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:40 am

Anyone here still active? Tophat is dead you know?

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:09 am

United States of Indonesia wrote:Anyone here still active? Tophat is dead you know?
There are behind-the-scenes discussions. *looks wise*

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:30 am

Yeah, I'm still here, of course. I've just lacked the motivation and the time to get through the few posts that would end the final boss battle.

But I've talked a lot with Charlia about the idea for a sequel set in Alicization, especially since the third season of SAO will start airing relatively soon.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:45 am

Not like I'd let you leave even if you wanted to :P

Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby United States of Indonesia » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:25 am

Now that Alicization is out, what's our next move? We need to finish this RP ASAP.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:42 am

United States of Indonesia wrote:Now that Alicization is out, what's our next move? We need to finish this RP ASAP.

An interest thread perhaps

Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby United States of Indonesia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:21 am

Meanwhile, I'm reworking my previous draft to be less BSing, but still has the Deus Ex Machina element...
Knowing that the need to end the battle becoming more important as time passes by, Josua decided to use his final card left in his hands: every gamer’s dreams when in a game during a final fight, AKA a final move. Needing to distract Kayaba, he would start to spout some things that are outright retarded or unrelated, but he ended it with the following words:

"As someone from the same generation as you, I will give the next generations the push they need to get out of this game, and this time, neither your harpoons or knowledge of skills will be able to help you." he continued as he prepared himself in a stance.

The being that was clinging behind Josua began to materialize, as he points the katana towards his torso.

"Don't worry, I know that you'll bring me back, partner." he said while smiling at the materialized being, which turned out to be a woman. whose face looked worried.

He then turned to Kayaba.

"Do you know why certain weapons are given names? It's because of their deeds, their capability or their origins. Simple as that. But every powerful, legendary weapon, no matter their current popularity, always started as a normal, unknown weapon. And thus, while they're weak, it can't be denied that it has the potential to be the strongest, because its legend has yet to be written." he said.

"And this nameless Katana, will be named, once I do a certain… action, so to say." he continued while pointing at Kayaba.

He then gave one last look at Virgil, an apologetic smile at that.

Once more, he turned to Kayaba, and chanted the following:

"And lo behold, the birth of a new legend:
From the seas of steel,
Scattered across the plains,
As blades came crashing down upon another,
One stood out.

The blade was crimson red, and as she was swung through the waves of blades, many a blood spilled.
Flowers made from blood of men bloomed, and it was as if the blade drunk the life of her enemies.
Her name resounded amongst her next victims. They whisper of her, even in their sleep.
Merely hearing her name was enough to quake them in fear.
Its name… is Crimson Flower (Kurenai-no-Hana : 紅の花).
"
he said as he stabbed himself from the front, with the woman’s hands seemingly guiding him, aiming for the abdomen of his body.

The sound of a stabbing echoed across the halls of the Ruby Palace.

His blood seeping through the wound.

His body becoming weaker as the blood continued to leave his body.

But there was no puddle of blood around him.

The face of the people around him were shocked, as they thought he was forced to stab himself, as if he was trying to resist being controlled by Kayaba. But they didn't notice, that he had already prepared a healing crystal in hand. Their eyes were only focused on the sword that started to absorb his blood, and it became crimson red, befitting its given name. The lady then became ethereal again, as the sword finished draining his blood, while he used the healing crystal to heal the wound as he pulled the katana out.

"You think I'm crazy, right? Wrong. I got this Katana as a reward for a raid from the Cardinal several floors before. I never used this because I haven't thought of a good name for it. But now, I have the most beautiful, and deadly katana in my arsenal. And that ritual just before? It was a necessary action, as the requirement of the blade to be fully activated was to give it something that’s of great value." he said.

"Funny enough, it never said about what kind of things that are of great value. To me, at least, my blood is one of my most precious things." he continued, smirking at the thought of the irony of the joke.

He was hanging on a thread of his consciousness, relying purely on his willpower to stand up.

"[i]And now, for the finale of my act.
" he said as he stabbed Crimson Flower on the ground.

And then, the air around the sword began to swirl, and it intensifies by the second. It got so intense that it almost looked like there was a tornado, and the center of it was Crimson Flower. His eyes were crimson red, like his katana. He then would equip his two original swords, White Light & Oblivion.

As he moved, he suddenly re-appeared in front of Kayaba, and proceeded to stab him with those two. He then retreated several steps, and equipped another weapon, the spear Gae Bolg, and repeated the process like before. He then would equip many named weapons, most of which were hard to get without casualties. A total of 12 named weapons, from various levels & forms, were currently stuck inside the flesh of Kayaba, including Kusanagi. He then retreated to where the ethereal woman was and nodded when the lady looked at her. He then picked up the Crimson Flower as it was at its peak, and held her with his two hands.

"Doom of the Living"
he said as he unleashed powerful, heavy blows that are nearly impossible to block or parry, from every single angle, counting about 10 hits, with the last one being especially powerful enough to cause an explosion. And as the last move, he jumped into the air and used the gravity to basically imitate a meteor impact with the help of his dashing skill, making another giant explosion.

He then retreated to a somewhat safe distance, as he finally collapsed, with the pain completely making him unconscious. Crimson Flower was stuck on the ground. His health bar basically showed only 10% left. That ritual & attack consumed much his health. As Virgil rushed to his side, he was already deep inside in his mind.

Meanwhile, inside his mind
When he opened his eyes in his mind, the ethereal lady was giving her lap for him to sleep on.

"You have done well. As always, you're quite reckless and very forceful." she said while smiling.

"I know. But then again, I already calculated this, and you agreed, right? Then it's fine." he replied, smirking.

"At least you're here, Yotsuyu." he said while stroking her face.

"What about Thessa? She's still fighting out there, you know?" she asked while holding his hand.

"She'll be fine. She's my wife, after all." he replied. Of course, Yotsuyu was somewhat jealous.

"Then, what about me?" she asked while pinching him.

"Ouch! Okay, okay... You know me, right? I don't have to tell you how important both of you are to me. You're both girls that I love, there's no questioning about that." he said while trying to get her hands off him.

"Fine, I'll let it slide." she replied while smirking, as she stopped pinching his cheek.

"If I were to have a daughter, I think I'll name her after you." he said to her.

"It's a promise then, okay?" she replied with a smile on her face, as she stroked him.

"Yes, I promise you. It's the least that I can do." he replied, as both of them continued to stay with each other, as the people outside continued to fight.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:34 pm

Well.. I'm sorry. I could talk for more than a paragraph about how busy I was this year, about how I still have issues with my motivation and my energy, about how I didn't notice that so much time had passed.. but oh well, that won't change much. It always felt like it had only been a couple of months or so, but a week or so ago I realized that I had neglected this for more than a year, and well, besides from the fact that I'm setting a pretty bad example as the guy who was supposed to take care of this roleplay, but I do feel pretty bad about it, considering how much I love this roleplay and its characters.

I just continued to postpone it, while taking care of my own roleplay, and well, this is where we ended up. I really am sorry for that.

But well, I can't change what happened, so the question is what will happen next. To begin with, I will post in the IC this week, and we will move on to properly finish the last battle and to give this IC a proper ending. Those who are still interested can still take part in this, of course, and hopefully we'll be able to do something for it.

As for what comes next.. well, I have a rough idea of an Alicization sequel that would happen in the Underworld after the events of this roleplay. The story won't be exactly the same, we have to change things and we'll focus on the player characters and not on the SAO characters themselves, but I feel like this has a lot of potential. Creating it now, with the anime already airing will also make this easier - it will be easier to find people with knowledge of the lore and I won't have to support everything with my knowledge of the light novels.

However, I'm really not sure yet how busy I will be once the winter break ends. I'm also not sure how many people we'll able to get on board. But I will create an interest thread over the next few days, and we'll see what happens.
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby United States of Indonesia » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:47 am

Should I declare this thread dead or something? I mean, we're close to the end dammit....

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:18 am

United States of Indonesia wrote:Should I declare this thread dead or something? I mean, we're close to the end dammit....

Dead most certainly not. I've been working on another IC post for a while, but besides from my chaotic schedule and me having to take care of other roleplays, I've kinda forgotten what I wanted to do from the beginning, so I had to recreate my plan for the end of the boss battle from scratch.

It will be done next week hopefully.

Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby United States of Indonesia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:09 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
United States of Indonesia wrote:Should I declare this thread dead or something? I mean, we're close to the end dammit....

Dead most certainly not. I've been working on another IC post for a while, but besides from my chaotic schedule and me having to take care of other roleplays, I've kinda forgotten what I wanted to do from the beginning, so I had to recreate my plan for the end of the boss battle from scratch.

It will be done next week hopefully.

Hopefully, by the beginning of next month, I'm freed from my current miserable internship and be available for the next three months.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse