NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Feast for Crows [IC/Concluded]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:09 pm

King Tommen I Baratheon the First of his name. The Lord of King's Landing, and Ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. Head of House Baratheon of King's Landing and son of King Robert 'The Usurper'.

In the Red Keep Throne Room, on the Iron throne.
The throne room was a large, gloomy room with pillars holding the ceiling high in the massive room. Towards the back was a set of steps leading to a throne made from the swords of the enemies of the Crown, above which was a large window with the symbol of the Faith of the Seven on it. The room was filled with Goldcloaks who stood ready to protect their King.
Tommen himself sat on the Iron throne with the Kingsguard surrounding him protectively, staring straight forward as he thought of his options going forward. Obviously he had to pick a new Hand, with the logical choice being either his father in law Lord Paramount Mace Tyrell, or Prince Doran Martell, with his uncle Jaime Lannister making a good runner-up candidate. Appointing Mace would shore up House Tyrell's friendship with House Baratheon of King's Landing, however he believed his marriage to Margaery and his respect for Mace would have accomplished this. On the other side of the coin however, he had to attend to the Dornish Princes and Princesses if he wanted to protect his family. Of course, Tommen had never met Doran Martell and appointing a man who very understandably vehemently opposed his Father's rise to power due to Elia Martell might offend his other candidates. Then he had his uncle Jaime, who was of course a violent War-Monger and a cripple who would have trouble commanding the respect of some more bellicose nobles. After much deliberation Tommen chose to offer the position to Mace Tyrell and later consult other members of his court as to how he could befriend House Martell.
"Ser Loras," Tommen would finally say, turning in the throne to face the young Kingsguard.
"Would you kindly fetch your Father? I would like to speak with him about an important matter regarding the future of the realm." Tommen would say, fidgeting.
Primary Author of The Forum Seven Guide to Location Threads
Reploid Productions wrote:It's rude to play with yourself in public.
Farnhamia wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Well, I assume Max Barry has money. So maybe he could buy a couple reporters.

He could but they don't keep for very long. A week, ten days if you keep them in the fridge, which is never convenient.
Reploid Productions wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:21 am

The Forsworn Knights wrote:
(Image)

King Tommen I Baratheon the First of his name. The Lord of King's Landing, and Ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. Head of House Baratheon of King's Landing and son of King Robert 'The Usurper'.

The throne room was a large, gloomy room with pillars holding the ceiling high in the massive room. Towards the back was a set of steps leading to a throne made from the swords of the enemies of the Crown, above which was a large window with the symbol of the Faith of the Seven on it. The room was filled with Goldcloaks who stood ready to protect their King.
Tommen himself sat on the Iron throne with the Kingsguard surrounding him protectively, staring straight forward as he thought of his options going forward. Obviously he had to pick a new Hand, with the logical choice being either his father in law Lord Paramount Mace Tyrell, or Prince Doran Martell, with his uncle Jaime Lannister making a good runner-up candidate. Appointing Mace would shore up House Tyrell's friendship with House Baratheon of King's Landing, however he believed his marriage to Margaery and his respect for Mace would have accomplished this. On the other side of the coin however, he had to attend to the Dornish Princes and Princesses if he wanted to protect his family. Of course, Tommen had never met Doran Martell and appointing a man who very understandably vehemently opposed his Father's rise to power due to Elia Martell might offend his other candidates. Then he had his uncle Jaime, who was of course a violent War-Monger and a cripple who would have trouble commanding the respect of some more bellicose nobles. After much deliberation Tommen chose to offer the position to Mace Tyrell and later consult other members of his court as to how he could befriend House Martell.
"Ser Loras," Tommen would finally say, turning in the throne to face the young Kingsguard.
"Would you kindly fetch your Father? I would like to speak with him about an important matter regarding the future of the realm." Tommen would say, fidgeting.

Lord Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, High Marrshal of the Reach, Warden of the South and Master of Ships
His Own Lodgings, The Red Keep, King's Landing

Lord Mace had written another letter to the Young Griff, and ordered his steward to send the raven. It read:
Your Grace,
As I stated in my previous letter, the safety of my family members in King's Landing is very much at risk. Thus, I must tell you that we will not be able to come and join your host until when you reach the Reach. Then I, Lady Margaery and Ser Loras will come.
May I ask if you have managed to win over Dorne yet?
Kind Regards,
Your Servant and Vassal, Lord Mace Tyrell of Highgarden

Then, Loras came in. "Father, King Tommen requests your presence in the Court Room."
Does he know..? Thought Mace apprehensively as he went.
But it turned out differently, the King seemed amiable enough and Cersei wasn't present.
"Your Grace, how may I serve you on this day?"

Lord Garlan Tyrell, "The Gallant", Lord of Brightwater Keep
The Shield Islands, The Reach

The ships had finally reach the tiny cluster of islands known as the Shields. It seemed as if Willas' plan had worked: the Ironborn were still tired from the previous battle, while more than half of the Tyrell host was fresh.
Ser Willas' ship landed first. Highgarden's master-at-arms led the men in the landing, as Willas himself was a cripple and stayed on the ship.
Then Garlan's reached the shore. "Men, with me!" He screamed as he jumped off and plunged into the water. His heavy armor tried to pull him down but the water wasn't deep, and he easily stood up. Men were splashing all around him, as they tried to reach the shore... and still no arrows came down on us.
We had landed on Southshield, the seat of House Serry, the least defended of the four. Oakenshield to the north was the most important one, and so it was surely well manned. Grey- and Greenshield, where the Ironborn had landed, were still full of Euron's soldiers as well.
The huge Tyrell army marched forward, not opposed until they reached the Serrys' Keep. Men were visible on the walls, and arrows started raining down.
Garlan ordered his men to put shields up, and they started advancing as the rain of arrows continued. The choice had been to make all soldiers land in the same place, and that meant the Tyrell force on Southshield was overwhelming. They took the castle easily- breaking down it's already weakened door with a ram and charging in. The Ironborn were brave, but far to few of them were present... they all died.
Once the Keep was secured, Garlan met in the Hall with the other Lords who's men were following him that day. "The Tyrell men of Willas' will go north to Oakenshield with the 800 Redwyne men and all the soldiers we can rally from here. I will lead the rest onto Greyshield, which lies to our West. Remember, let the flee! They have no way of escape and will get slaughtered by the ships of the Arbor when they try to run away. Come on now, let's kill them!"
All the lords did what he had asked of them, and ships brought him across to Greyshield. Still, the Greyjoys were now ready for them and the landing proved difficult.
Another arrow shower came, killing some of Garlan's soldiers but not even touching him. He charged on and reached the Ironborn line of defenses. He cut down man after man, opening the way for the army behind him.
He saw then Lord Kinn Appleton get beheaded by a mighty swing of the sword from Lord Drumm of the Iron Islands. Garlan confronted him, and sliced him open.
They then pressed on, seeing the castle of House Grimm looming in the distance. "We must take that damn castle!" Shouted Garlan to nobody in particular. He kept cutting down enemy after enemy...
They reached the castle, and saw the men holding it flee: Garlan's men were far more numerous. "Let them go." Ordered the Lord of Brightwater Keep.
They then took the second castle of the day, slaughtering those who remained. Still, Garlan was wounded: a spear of some sort had bitten into his thigh, and some blood was seeping out. That wasn't deep, it didn't reach the bone. Garlan told himself.
The Lords assembled again, minus Kinn Appleton, who's son was now present.
"My lords, you fought well today, and we have taken two of the four Islands. Who knows, maybe Oakenshield too has already fallen to the other host! We will sleep here. On the morrow the troops will relax and ready their weapons once again. We shall rally new men from the places we have taken. In two days we sail to Greenshield and rip the Shields away from the damn Ironborn's grasp!" The Lords cheered, and went to do what was ordered of them.

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:58 am

House Targaryen

As Astapor is being besieged by a fleet of the Free cities, Daenerys finally returns to the city, arriving at the Great Pyramid's balcony on Drogon.

The following day, Daenerys and Blackfyre discuss a plan to deal with the Slaver fleet currently besieging the city. Daenerys declares her plans to "return their cities to the dirt". Daenerys and her entourage then meet with the slave masters Tobho Mott, Liomond Lashare, and Alequo Adarys; representing Qohor, Volantis, and Tyrosh respectively. The masters discuss their terms of surrender, announcing they will allow Daenerys to leave the city, while Missandei and the Unsullied will be sold back into slavery, and the dragons will be slaughtered. Daenerys rejects their terms, informing them they aren't meeting for her surrender, but for theirs. The Masters are bewildered by Daenerys unwavering confidence until Drogon lands beside her. She mounts her dragon and the two take flight, while Rhaegal and Viserion break free from the catacombs of the great pyramid - all three dragons finally reunited. Daenerys then orders her dragons to burn the slave masters' ships; tilting the negotiating table in her favor. Meanwhile, Grey Worm executes Tobho and Liomond, but spares Alequo to spread tidings of her power.

Daario reports to Daenerys that the fleet is nearly ready. He's eager to see how the Dothraki do on the open sea. Daenerys informs Daario he won't be joining them, which Daario interprets to mean that he will go on to seize Casterly Rock to cut off the Lannister retreat. Dany clarifies that Daario is to stay in the Dragon's Bay with the Second Sons, to keep the peace until the city can safely choose its own ruler. Futhermore, she cannot bring her lover to Westeros, as marriage is still her most valuable bargaining chip when considering new alliances. Daario begs her to take him, pointing out that kings have mistresses, and queens should be no different, but Danerys stands firm. Daario realizes that Ser Barristan convinced her into leaving him, but admits that it is a good move politically. He muses that no woman can take her place, although Daenerys is sure he will have many more lovers. Daenerys assures him that she'll leave specific instructions for him to follow in governing the newly-renamed Bay of Dragons.

After Daario leaves, Dany goes to see Ser Barristan, who tries his best to console her. Dany thanks him, but admits that she's not upset about Daario: rather, she was frightened that she was able to easily dismiss someone who loves her unconditionally. Barristan says that Daario wasn't the first man to love Daenerys, and won't be the last. Dany then turns the topic to Barristan's rule of Meereen in her absence. He then says that he gave up on believing in himself or in anyone or anything else, but that he believes in her.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:06 am

Ser Willas Tyrell, Heir to Highgarden
Oakenshield, The Shield Islands, The Reach

Ser Willas, a cripple and thus not a fighter, had watched the combat all from aboard his war galley. The whole army, led by Garlan, had landed on Southshield and advanced from there. According to what he knew, Southshield and Greyshield had already fallen.
"Lyonel!" Said Willas turning to his ship's captain, "bring this one over to Oakenshield."
He knew his own men were those charged with sending the Ironborn out of the island of House Hewett, and he wanted to see it happen. Garlan and the rest had fought in other parts.
When the galley finished its small trip, Willas could easily see the seat of the House in the distance, and his own banners flying on top of it. Oakenshield is taken, too! Reflected the heir of Lord Mace, relieved. "Let's land, men." He called to those around him, and no more than ten minutes later Ser Willas Tyrell was standing on the third of the Shields to fall that day.
He was brought by young Lord Oakheart to the castle, where he found Highgarden's master-at-arms, tired and missing a foot; but happy nonetheless.
"M'lord, an honor to have you here. This was bloody work if you ask me, but we did it nonetheless. Oh, and it grieves me to say, but Lord Appleton and his son Hurst are dead."
That took Willas aback: Lord Kinn Appleton had seen his birth, and was a great friend of the Tyrells. "He will be missed, friends."
Still, there were more important matters at hand. It was the second day of fighting, but Greenshield still had Kraken banners flying on it.
Willas spoke to all the Lords present: "Euron does not dare escape; all those who tried were butchered by the Redwyne ships forming the blockade. Him and Victarion hope to win the fight, but they won't. We will kill them and feed their bones to the dogs!"
Later that day, the soldiers left again. 200 Redwynes were left behind to garrison (as was done on each island), and the rest departed. Willas saw them leave, and at the same time saw Garlan's host leave Greyshield.
The Tyrell army was reaching the last stronghold of the Ironborn.

Lord Garlan Tyrell "The Gallant", Lord of Brightwater Keep
Greyshield, The Shield Islands, The Reach

News reached Lord Garlan that Oakenshield as well had fallen. Three quarters of the archipelago were back in the hands of the rightful rulers; only Greenshield was still held by these pirates and raiders.
After Lord Appleton and his son were buried near the sept of House Grimm, the army started readying itself for the last push. 200 Oakhearts were left too defend the island if the Greyjoys tried going there, but the rest sailed off to fight, Lord Garlan at their front as always.
Simultaneously, the Tyrell host that had taken Oakenshield sailed, too. Hopefully they've left someone to defend, or we might be in trouble yet again. That was only one of Garlan's thoughts as his ship went, steadily. He rarely thought positively before a battle, and all possible negative outcomes flew through his mind. He tried to push them out; sharing jests with a common soldier standing behind him.
And finally they landed. This time the Greyjoys were well prepared, and Garlan could see two Lords I'm proud armor standing at the front of the army. One of the two was a mighty man with a great war axe, and Garlan prayed he wouldn't have to fight him.
Finally they landed, and arrows started flying. The man Garlan was jesting with got quickly behind a shield and cursed openly. "Land, now!" Shouted Garlan, waving his sword, and plunging down into the water.
Then the arrows stopped, and the Ironborn surged forward. They were desperate, and knew the only that could save them was take us by surprise.
Unfortunately, Garlan stood directly in front of the two Lords. The large one ran at him, that axe of his ready to kill...
Once again, the jesting soldier was there. He went forward with the Lord of Brightwater Keep, and died first. As the Ironborn pulled up his axe, the man went behind the shield and crouched; but the large man stopped his blow, barged into Garlan, and sliced the soldier open from behind. He then turned on the Tyrell, and they fought fiercely for who knows how long. At the end, a blow from the axe sent Garlan flying back into the water...
When he woke, he was in a room he didn't know. For a second he wondered what was going on, and then the pain in his leg made him remember everything... he shouted out in pain.
A Maester came in, followed by a limping Willas. While the elderly man set about healing Garlan, his brother filled him in:
"After you... passed out, the Ironborn were pushed back, and back, and back. They were all killed near the castle, but for a ship. It was destroyed by the Redwyne galleys." Willas grinned broadly.
Garlan was still dazed: "Wh-where are we now?" His voice was weak, and hoarse.
"After the battle we found you lying there, on the beach, and brought you back to Oakenshield. This here," pointing to the Maester, "is Maester Rynold. Thank him if you've still got that leg of yours."
Last edited by The Independent Hazerls on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Republic of South Vantaria
Attaché

Founded: Jul 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of South Vantaria » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Doran Nymeros Martell,
Prince of Dorne and Lord of Sunspear

The Water Gardens, Dorne

It was past sunset. Prince Doran sat in his bedchamber, gazing out the window. Areo Hotah, his loyal guardsman, stood just behind him with his axe in hand.
The Maester ran in, red-faced from the effort. "Prince Doran, a raven from the Targaryen boy."
"From who, Maester?" Doras asked, puzzled. Did the old healer really believe the tales of Aegon having landed in the Stormlands?"
Still, Maester Sharon handed over the letter, and Doran read it out loud. Well, it seems a Targaryen is really in Westeros.
"What would you have me do, my lord?" Asked Sharon.
Without replying, Doran started writing frantically:
Your Grace Aegon VI,
If I am to be honest, I did not believe the rumors about you. Still, the letter you sent seems to prove me wrong.
I am honoured to hear you would want to meet me one day, and I tell you more. Dorne still cries about Elia's death, and very recently even my brother Oberyn was murdered by the Lannisters. I hereby declare I support you, and your claim.
Still, I must be prudent. Dorne is at its finest, and I do not wish for it to fall due to war. Thus, I inform you that my banners will be yours only if another major House joins this struggle on our side.
Forever Your Servant,
Prince Doran Nymeros Martell, Lord of Sunspear

"Maester, please send this to Griffin's Roost. Quickly, if you can." The old man got the paper and ran off with it, eager to follow the orders of his Lord. Then, Doran turned to Areo:
"Areo, I fear that certain members of my family will be wishing to go to war against the Lannisters now. Well, now is too soon. Keep an eye on Myrcella and don't let anyone touch her. If a Sand-Snake or Ellaria tries, kill them."
The Norvosi gave a small, dry smile and nodded. He then left, leaving Doran to his sleep...

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Lady Olenna Redwyne Tyrell, Wife of the Late Lord Luthor
The Arbor, The Reach

Olenna was growing old. She could feel it in her bones, and she doubted she would survive the coming winter.
For the time being, all she managed doing was passing her days in the gardens of the Arbor; sometimes going over to King's Landing to visit her son and grandchildren there. She pitied them, stuck in that death-trap that the capital of the Seven Kingdoms was.
But it seemed as if this all would change. She had received work from Mace, they were to break the alliance with the Lannisters, and join Aegon Targaryen's cause. Aegon Targaryen! Olenna scarcely believed it. The boy had died at the hand of Gregor Clegane years before...
Still, she had had no choice, and was sent to the eastern border of the Reach to wait for the "Young Griff" to arrive. Her household was preparing for leaving, and Olenna was left to reflect on her thoughts...

On the Road to Highgarden, The Reach

With the battles of the Shield Islands far behind him, Ser Willas now had to think about the future. No doubt, the eastern lords who had been tasked with holding the eastern front would be honored to be thanked by their Acting-Lord. So, the idea was to call them to Highgarden for a feast soon. More than anything, Willas was curious to meet Lord Voltano, of a minor yet proud house sworn to the Tarlys. They would have a lot to talk about.

Nasaira
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:20 pm

Aegon Targaryen rode a stallion that was white as the purist snow, the stallion had been a gift from his friend Illryio Mopatis. A man that had helped raise him when he was younger, supplying him with teachers and tutors, sword masters and septons. A large part of what Aegon had become was due to the support he received from Illyrio as a child. The march from Griffins Roost to the border of the Reach was harsh and had turned into a forced march. Time was of the most crucial at this moment, the Lannister's surely would have heard about the fall of Griffins Roost by now and would be assembling an army to meet them.

A storm had moved in and rain began to fall softly at first but as the day worn on it began to pour with the rain making a ringing noise from striking the armor of all the men. The exceptional discipline of the men kept their spirits high and then in formation as they marched towards their destination.

The letters that Aegon received from both Mace Tyrell and Prince Doran proved very promising to his cause. Of course to secure an alliance a marriage pack might have to be made to either the Martells or the Tyrell's.

Through the rain the banners of House Tyrell appeared up ahead.

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:31 pm

Tommen looked up as Ser Loras and Lord Mace entered the room, dismissing a messenger as he his a letter in his clothes. As he tucked the letter away Ser Jaime would step away from the throne slightly, having clearly been speaking with the young King about some matter. The Lannister Kingsguardman seemed worried about something, although the Tyrells did not seem to be the cause of his distress.
"Ah, Lord Tyrell. The Queen had a word with me about Ser Harys this morning, and while her motives were clear I am inclined to agree with what she was pushing for nonetheless. I believe that Ser Harys has his heart in the right place, but he is not suited for the job at hand." Tommen would say, Ser Jaime looking confused.
"Lord Mace, I am prepared to make you my Hand at an imminent Small Council meeting. Ser Harys will be asked to hand in his pin of office and go to the tower of the hand to move his belongings at the beginning of said meeting, and the council shall discuss some matters of high importance. Should you decide that this honour is not in your best interests, I will offer it to Prince Doran Martell and my uncle Jaime will hold the office as a stand-in until we can get a response from the Prince."
Ser Jaime seemed genuinely shocked by the actions his King had just made, circumventing his Mother's hold on the small council.
"Your Grace-" Jaime would begin, turning to his 'Nephew' "Surely it would be more prudent to not shake up the balances of power in this time of civil strife in the realm?"
Tommen would gaze up at the Kingsguard, scrutinizing the man for a moment before replying. "I am the King of the Seven Kingdoms Ser Jaime. I think I know enough to understand that a new Hand is needed, and my wife seems to think the same."
Last edited by The Forsworn Knights on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farnhamia wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Well, I assume Max Barry has money. So maybe he could buy a couple reporters.

He could but they don't keep for very long. A week, ten days if you keep them in the fridge, which is never convenient.
Reploid Productions wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:26 am

His Lord Paramount, Jon "Snow", of House Stark, Lord Paramount of the North and Lord of Winterfell

It had been several hard days but finally Tormund's wildlings remnants arrived at the Wall. The moment Val left many of Jon's brothers questioned his leadership. Jon knew, he could the whispers...the jabs behind his back. He knew it would be over soon, soon he would be Lord of Winterfell.

As the outer gate rose and the Wildings entered, Jon was glad to see them safe. For every dead wildling was another Other. Tormund approached Jon as the Wildings crossed between the Wall and entered the Gift. Tormund grabbed Jon by the shoulder and drew him his close, "Lord Crow, thank you for this. My people have given all we have of value to the Watch, however some of men are discontent with manning the Wall." Tormund said, his breath smelling of chicken. "I have heard whispers from your crows that you plan to march south with the Flame King, that true?"

"Aye, it's true. It's my home, I'm taking back." Jon paused looked at the ground and back to Tormund. "Giantsbane, I know this isn't your fight but I could use your help. We don't have enough men to fight the Boltons, I personally need you." Jon asked, placing his arm on Tormund's shoulder. "As Lord Paramount of the North I will personally allow your people to settle the lands of the North instead of the Gift so that the Watch doesn't become upset."

Tormund then paused, and looked Jon right in his grey eyes. "Alright, Lord Crow. You got a deal, some of us will fight for you...but only you. You helped save my people, for that we owe you. I'll get some of my warriors to assist but some will have to stay some where safe to protect the elderly and children." Tormund announced as he let go of Jon.

"That is fair, go get your people and start heading south. I need to let my brothers know of my condition." With that Jon walked away and called for a meeting of his brothers in Castle Black's hall. There'd be about 50 or so Night's Watch men in total, all quietly looking at Jon as he sat in front of them, that was until he stood up.

"Brothers! I have called you here today to announce my relinquish of my position. As of today, I am no longer your Lord Commanded nor your brother. I know some of you aren't happy with what I've had to do but I promise you I will return, to fight along side you against the Others, that I swear. Until then I shall gather the North and unite them so that the Night's Watch and the North may stand together like they have for thousands of years." Jon pauses only for a moment before continuing, "With that, My Watch has Ended." Jon then quickly started to leave as the room became an uproar with the men back and forth yelling at each other, Jon, or just at the situation. Jon tried his best to leave as he was was pushed, shoved, spat on, and even punched as he left. He even heard the draw of steel before hearing the sound of someone being tackled to the floor. Eventually, Jon made it out of the room where Ghost was waiting, then the two made their ways for the southern gate where the wildlings were waiting. As Jon got on his horse he looked back at the Wall and at Castle Black. Then he noticed that some Black Brothers had taken some horses and were riding to Jon being led by Dolorous Edd. They soon reached talking distance with Jon, "Jon, you're not leaving with out us. If your Watch ends, so does ours. Me and seven other men will ride with you. Now lead on!"

With that, 493 wildlings, seven night's watch men, Jon and Ghost started to make their way south. Their plan is to rally the North, for the North Remembers!
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:11 am

Nasaira wrote:Aegon Targaryen rode a stallion that was white as the purist snow, the stallion had been a gift from his friend Illryio Mopatis. A man that had helped raise him when he was younger, supplying him with teachers and tutors, sword masters and septons. A large part of what Aegon had become was due to the support he received from Illyrio as a child. The march from Griffins Roost to the border of the Reach was harsh and had turned into a forced march. Time was of the most crucial at this moment, the Lannister's surely would have heard about the fall of Griffins Roost by now and would be assembling an army to meet them.

A storm had moved in and rain began to fall softly at first but as the day worn on it began to pour with the rain making a ringing noise from striking the armor of all the men. The exceptional discipline of the men kept their spirits high and then in formation as they marched towards their destination.

The letters that Aegon received from both Mace Tyrell and Prince Doran proved very promising to his cause. Of course to secure an alliance a marriage pack might have to be made to either the Martells or the Tyrell's.

Through the rain the banners of House Tyrell appeared up ahead.

Lady Olenna Tyrell, Wife to the Late Lord Luthor
On the south-eastern border of the Reach

It was a horrendous day, with rain falling for hours. Lady Olenna had passed the morning in the local keep of a minor house, while her men waited on the road for the arrival of the Young Griff. When they had spotted his banners, a man had been sent to call her.
Before she left, she ordered the local maester to send a raven to Lord Mace, and inform him Aegon had reached Tyrell land.
Olenna greeted the young Targaryen, "Your Grace, good to have you here. Sorry the weather is this bad, it is surprising for the Reach. If it please you, follow me to that castle. I am old, and I would rather not sit in this rain all day long."
With that, the horses turned around and cantered back towards the holdfast...

(Image)

Tommen looked up as Ser Loras and Lord Mace entered the room, dismissing a messenger as he his a letter in his clothes. As he tucked the letter away Ser Jaime would step away from the throne slightly, having clearly been speaking with the young King about some matter. The Lannister Kingsguardman seemed worried about something, although the Tyrells did not seem to be the cause of his distress.
"Ah, Lord Tyrell. The Queen had a word with me about Ser Harys this morning, and while her motives were clear I am inclined to agree with what she was pushing for nonetheless. I believe that Ser Harys has his heart in the right place, but he is not suited for the job at hand." Tommen would say, Ser Jaime looking confused.
"Lord Mace, I am prepared to make you my Hand at an imminent Small Council meeting. Ser Harys will be asked to hand in his pin of office and go to the tower of the hand to move his belongings at the beginning of said meeting, and the council shall discuss some matters of high importance. Should you decide that this honour is not in your best interests, I will offer it to Prince Doran Martell and my uncle Jaime will hold the office as a stand-in until we can get a response from the Prince."
Ser Jaime seemed genuinely shocked by the actions his King had just made, circumventing his Mother's hold on the small council.
"Your Grace-" Jaime would begin, turning to his 'Nephew' "Surely it would be more prudent to not shake up the balances of power in this time of civil strife in the realm?"
Tommen would gaze up at the Kingsguard, scrutinizing the man for a moment before replying. "I am the King of the Seven Kingdoms Ser Jaime. I think I know enough to understand that a new Hand is needed, and my wife seems to think the same."

Lord Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, High Marshal of the Reach, Warden of the South and Master of Ships to the Crown
The High Court, The Red Keep, King's Landing

The King's offer had little relevance for Mace. If all goes well, he thought as the King spoke, I'll be out of this damnable place before the next Small Council meeting.
Still, as courteously as he could, Lord Mace replied: "Your Grace, you honor me with this request. Nothing would make me more happy than to serve as your Hand. I fervently hope, and I am sure, that you will not regret your choice." Mace then smiled, and bowed again.
"Now Your Grace, may I go, if it please you? Have a wonderful evening."
Mace walked out. His men had been preparing to leave for days, all in utter secrecy. He reached Margaery, and told her the time had come: "I received a new raven, from my mother. Aegon Targaryen is in the Reach. We must leave."
"Father, what about Loras? We cannot just pull him out of the Court Room, and we cannot leave without him."
"I spoke with him earlier, he will have to make up an excuse and get out of there. Now get on your horse, we will meet him all at the gate from which Renly escaped when King Robert died."
The party, made up of 100, raced off. The remaining 100 were leaving publicly, through the main gates, under the pretense of "going to fight Euron Greyjoy."
Once Mace, her daughter, and those accompanying them reached the secret gates, they stopped. They were waiting for Loras, but couldn't wait for long...

Ser Loras Tyrell "The Knight of Flowers", Kingsguard to King Tommen I Baratheon
The High Court, The Red Keep, King's Landing

Loras knew he didn't have much time. No doubt, his lord father and his sister were already at the secret gates of Renly's escape, ready to do the very much same thing. If Loras didn't join them, he would be thrown into a cell as soon as the Lannisters heard of his family's deeds. He had to think fast.
"Your Grace," he said, "may I go visit Grand Maester Pycelle? I have had a horrendously bad ache in my stomach these last few days, and I would like him to give me something." Some of the other Kingsguard chuckled, but Loras didn't care.
He looked up at the King, waiting for the monarch's response, which would mean the difference between life and death for the young Tyrell knight.

High Republic of Portugal
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby High Republic of Portugal » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:50 am

The temperature was high in the hall. Dozens of Reach and Tarly bannermen sat across the two great wooden tables that lay in the room. It had been several days since their arrival on Volt. They feasted to the Tyrell's great victory in retaking the Shield Islands from the savage ironborn. Sitting next to Lord Rickard Voltano, Lord Tarly led the festivities. As everyone celebrated in the room, Rickard turned to the Tarly parent figure, as he had done many times since the foreign party's arrival.

"My lord Tarly, how are you enjoying your stay in my keep?"
"It's certainly not as large as my own great hall in Horn Hill, as you know, but my belly is full and I am pleased by the service" Randyll replied
"What has happened to your heir, Dickon? I was hoping to see him here." Dickon Tarly was much younger than Rickard himself and had only ascended to heirdom after Randyll sent his firstborn Samwell to the Wall due to many disagreements and diverging personalities. Rickard loved the man, but he knew that in questions of legacy and family, Randyll would only respect strength and sense of duty which Samwell lacked.
"I left him with the host camped outside Horn Hill, representing me. He has grown into a fine lad and may very well become a fine lord after I'm gone. I am most hoping that he turns into someone such as you, Rickard."
"You honor me, my Lord" Rickard replied feeling flattered.

Suddenly, the Maester entered the hall. Dubyn brought in his left hand a letter with the Tyrell sigil.Interrupted by this, Lord Voltano proceeded to open and read it and then respectfully gave it to Lord Tarly. Upon looking at it, Randyll stood up "My lords!" he shouted in a benevolent tone "We have received word from our brave acting lord, Ser Willas Tyrell, that he's arranging a feast in Highgarden and wants us there to honor us for guarding the eastern border during his campaign against the Ironborn. Tonight, drink and celebrate but Tomorrow we leave."
All lords cheered as they continued to feast on the ale and roast wild boars that filled the table.
Last edited by High Republic of Portugal on Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:44 am

Highgarden, The Reach

Two days of march had brought Ser Willas and his men back to Highgarden. On the way, the other Lords had gone off their own way.
Back at home, the crippled knight learned of all that had happened since he had left from Maester Gormon. A secret alliance had been forged by his father with the Targaryen who called himself Aegon VI, who was now in the Reach meeting with Lady Olenna. Furthermore, Lord Mace, Ser Loras and Queen Margaery were bound to escape King's Landing.
This all took the young man aback. The Tyrells were stable allies of the Crown, and Margaery was married to King Tommen. Why this alliance had been broken, only the Gods Knew.
"Maester, send out ravens to all our bannermen. Tell them they must be ready to strike if Lannisters or the King's men cross our borders. We are not at war, but it could come to that. After the feast I have organized, the eastern lords are to march back east and hold the border. This time an enemy army can come for real."
Young Gormon had fear visible in his eyes, but nonetheless he went off to do his duty. Willas then set about preparing the hall of Highgarden for the feast to come...

Brightwater Keep, The Reach

Garlan was back home, and the local small folk greeted him warmly. They had all been scared of the incoming pirates and raiders, but their Lord had contributed in destroying these enemies.
Unfortunately, the way in which he got back to the Keep wasn't very glorious. The blow from the axe had bitten deep into his leg, and even though the maester of Oakenshield had assured him he wouldn't lose the leg, it still hurt.
He was in a fine chariot, pulled by sturdy bay horses. At the chariot's sides, on horseback, were two of his Household Guards. Garlan wanted a meeting of the Council straight away, for he too had heard of the plans made by his father.
In some ways, it made him happy. Lord Garlan despised the Lannisters and understood that this might give him an opportunity to fight them. On the other hand, an alliance with a Targaryen presumed dead seemed dangerous and could result in House Tyrell's demise. Whatever happens, war is ahead thought Garlan as he was sat down at the end of the Council Table.
"My friends," he started, "a great victory was won on the Shield Islands. The Ironborn will not be troubling us for some time now..."
Some advisers chuckled, but they all knew Garlan was also about to talk about what was happening in King's Landing.
"We will have a great feast, and Lords such as Tarly are already on their way. But we must keep our guard up, as the alliance with the Lannisters seems to have ended. We now fight a new war, with Targaryens by our side. And we will see Aegon VI, our rightful ruler, on the Iron Throne!"

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of South Vantaria » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:01 am

Prince Doran Nymeros Martell
The Water Gardens, Dorne

It seemed as if wwr would come, even for remote Dorne. The Young Griff had the support of the Reach, and as Doran had sworn he would call his banners for the youthly Targaryen if he had the support of another major House, it was time to think of war and conflict. Dorne can easily call more than 50,000 men to war, and the prudent Doran feared many of those men would die before the "Young Griff" sat on the Iron Throne.

Slakonian
Senator

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slakonian » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:50 pm

Castellan Clifford Swann, Regent of Red Watch
Stoneshelm, Red Watch. The Stormlands

Everyone seemed to be on tence, men in armour patrolling every inch of the castle day and night while other trained at day and rested(while being in reserve) at night. Things were... complicated, everyone seemed to thought that Lord Guilan pleaded illness until seeing a clear victor but that wasn't the truth. Guilan wasn't craven by the likes of men such as Walder Frey, he was tired, tired from Robert's Rebellion had taken it's toll to the people of Red Watch. Alas all these actions were for naught, the lord's son died on King's Landing while he followed him shortly thereafter. Queen Cersei and other imprtant lords had send them ravens demanding their allegiance or even possibly securing a marriage alliance between him and a bastard of house Lannister; a disgusting proposition and insulting no less by the likes of house Lannister. There won't be peace between the Crown and the Swanns now, both he and his half-brother Maric were commited to the rightful cause of Stannis Baratheon from the beginning. Men like Stannis never forget loyalty; he was Lord's of Light chosen: Azor Ahai reborn.

Maric was sitting on the opposite direction the table belonging to the old lord's solar; tapping his fingers to the old irowood table. His brother although a stern man and a accomplised warrior of his own renown, he was a true lord that enjoyed the respect of his men and the love of the smallfolk like his father did but his bastard status would always be an issue. He would have been a better lord than I, I could have made him a Swann and yet he refused. "I take it the Grandisons remained adamant to their loyalty to Joffrey and Tommen?"

"Yes" answered Maric bluntly, "those fucks had it coming, I made sure they live to regret their decision on turning to their own kin..."

"Indeed, Lord Grandison spits of Donnel's grave every time he calls himself his heir of his beloved nephew. Mind you, the Lannisters would make him lord of these lands.."

This time the bastard of Swann cut of the Castellan, "To what end? I took the head of his firstborn, his head rests on a spike atop our walls. His sons would fight over a succesion war the moment he dies: they are 10 months apart Clifford!"

Clifford gave a sly smile, his brother was indeed right, the other sons of Grandison; specifically the two eldest had 10 months of difference of date birth which made things more than just complicated but what his brother didn't understood that if Grandison took control of the lands in the name of the Lannisters he would solve his succesion crisis before it begun. "Dear brother, don't you get it? If he takes these lands, he could set up a cadet branch right here and have his younger son still be the lord of Grandview."

"It won't matter, I will take more men and this time I will break that castle down brick by brick if I had too." exlaimed angrily Maric.

"That won't be neccessary, because I have a mission for you....."
Call me Slak!
Greek Army Reservist NCO
Our great anthem
Turmenista wrote:>USA/Obama drops bombs in Syria for over a year, nobody bats an eye or says a word.
>Russia/Putin drops bombs in Syria for a day and-
WE INTERRUPT THIS SHITPOST TO INFORM YOU THAT VLADIMIR PUTIN AND RUSSIA ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!
Glasgia wrote:
Kratu wrote:America will embargo Italian goods. :p

No pizza for you then!

Lord Tothe wrote:
The Emerald Dragon wrote:The 9,910th Monkey died of viagra overdose

Monkey #9909 was on the other end of the viagra overdose problem

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:36 pm

Tommen would shake his head at Loras's request, gesturing to his uncle.
"I am afraid that it is not my place to decide whether you may take a brief leave of absence from your post to seek assistance from Grand-Maester Pycelle, you may however pose this request to the Lord-Commander of your Order." Tommen would say, leaving it to Ser Jaime Lannister to decide Loras's fate.

Ser Jaime Lannister of King's Landing. Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, Master-At-Arms of the Iron Throne, and uncle of the King. Son of Lord-Paramount Tywin Lannister.

Standing beside the throne with the rest of the Kingsguard.
Jaime smirked as Tommen shrugged Loras's request into the hands of his superior officer. Jaime would step forward, his shining white cloak swishing in motion with the clanking of his gleaming steel plates. Jaime was not in a good mood at all, having first been distressed by news of some brat claiming to be a Targaryen invading the Stormlands, and then immediately being hit with the sudden news that his son was dismissin Ser Harys who had loyalty for the Lannisters and instead replacing him with that daft Tyrell. So Jaime was not in a very generous mood when he replied to the younger Tyrell's request.
"It is with a heavy heart that I must momentarily decline your request until the emergency Small Council Meeting has closed, Ser Loras. The Lannister Knight would say. "Unfortunately the rest of our order will be attending the meeting at which your Father will be officially made the Hand of the King and we deliberate on news of a new threat to the crown. One of us has to stay with the throne, and I feel that in your current condition you may be the one who would benefit the most from not having to move about much and dealing with such political matters. I will assign a few more Goldcloaks to this room to keep you company, however." Jaime would say rigidly.
Farnhamia wrote:

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:54 pm

(Image)

Tommen would shake his head at Loras's request, gesturing to his uncle.
"I am afraid that it is not my place to decide whether you may take a brief leave of absence from your post to seek assistance from Grand-Maester Pycelle, you may however pose this request to the Lord-Commander of your Order." Tommen would say, leaving it to Ser Jaime Lannister to decide Loras's fate.
(Image)
(Image)

Ser Jaime Lannister of King's Landing. Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, Master-At-Arms of the Iron Throne, and uncle of the King. Son of Lord-Paramount Tywin Lannister.

Standing beside the throne with the rest of the Kingsguard.
Jaime smirked as Tommen shrugged Loras's request into the hands of his superior officer. Jaime would step forward, his shining white cloak swishing in motion with the clanking of his gleaming steel plates. Jaime was not in a good mood at all, having first been distressed by news of some brat claiming to be a Targaryen invading the Stormlands, and then immediately being hit with the sudden news that his son was dismissin Ser Harys who had loyalty for the Lannisters and instead replacing him with that daft Tyrell. So Jaime was not in a very generous mood when he replied to the younger Tyrell's request.
"It is with a heavy heart that I must momentarily decline your request until the emergency Small Council Meeting has closed, Ser Loras. The Lannister Knight would say. "Unfortunately the rest of our order will be attending the meeting at which your Father will be officially made the Hand of the King and we deliberate on news of a new threat to the crown. One of us has to stay with the throne, and I feel that in your current condition you may be the one who would benefit the most from not having to move about much and dealing with such political matters. I will assign a few more Goldcloaks to this room to keep you company, however." Jaime would say rigidly.

Ser Loras Tyrell "The Knight of Flowers", Kingsguard to King Tommen I Baratheon
The Court Room, The Red Keep, King's Landing

Loras had lost. He knew it deep down in that passionate heart of his. He wouldn't be leaving with the rest of his family that evening, that was beyond a doubt.
He also knew that once the Tyrells turned on the Crown, he would become a hostage. That would impede his father, but Loras despised the Crown and all the Lannisters, and wanted to make the oncoming war even harder for them.
"Ser Jaime, or shall I say Kingslayer, do you know what my father used to call me?" Loras asked. All the people in the room looked up, startled. "He used to call me a fool. But he also used to say one should fear a strong fool."
And then, the "Knight of Flowers" pulled out his longsword, charging towards the closest Goldcloaks before anyone could do anything. Two were down in an instant, without even scratching Loras. He danced with his blade, seemingly untouchable. A good ten men of the City Watch were down before the Kingsguard could react.
But then, react it did. The hideous Mountain and the Kingslayer, Meryn Trant and the Food Taster Boros Blount. All of them, even Loras' friend Balon Swann, came charging forward. Loras held his ground, moving towards Blount first. The man was no real fighter, and quickly his head fell off his shoulders, severed.
Still, by then, Loras was starting to take damage. Blood was flowing from many cuts, and strength was starting to leave him. So this is how I die. He thought forlornly.
But his task was not over yet. Summoning all that was left in him, Loras started running towards Tommen, who was still sitting on the Iron Throne. If only he managed to cut down the King...

Lord Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, High Marshal of the Reach, Warden of the South and Hand of the King
The Secret Gate, the Red Keep, King's Landing

Mace heard the fighting start inside. The grunts and screams of agony, and the shouts of blind fury. He knew that Loras had done something brave, which would grant them all time to escape.
"My dear," he whispered, turning to Margaery, "we must go. Loras... he will not join us tonight."
There were tears in the girl's eyes, and after her father spoke, she muttered: "Tonight or any night." And trotted off to where her maids were."
Lord Mace then gave the order, his heart in a million pieces, and the large party galloped out Renly's secret gate before any guards could spot them.
Let us hope at least that Loras is dying for a well-ending cause.
Last edited by The Independent Hazerls on Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Ex-Nation

The death of Ser Loras 'The Knight of Flowers' Tyrell

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:40 pm

Third-Person View
Ser Loras's Tyrell's sword would barely connect with Tommen's face, dragging across his left forehead, eye, and cheek, with a long well of blood rolling down the side of his face. As the Knight of Flowers would bring his sword back for a killing blow against the young boy, he would suddenly be struck first by a gilded hand, and once again by a cold steel gauntlet as Ser Jaime Lannister threw the Knight of Flowers away from Tommen, drawing his sword and pulling Tommen away from the throne and into his arms, cradling the eight-year old as he desperately attempted to stop the bleeding.
Before Ser Loras would have the opportunity to make another lunge at Jaime and Tommen, he would be assaulted by a teary-eyed Ser Balon Swann.

Cradling his illegitimate son, legally the son of his former employer in his arms.
Jaime was no longer filled the the cocky bravado with which he had carried himself only moments ago, nor did he have room for the sheer hatred and rage that had influenced him as he cast aside the sword-wielding Knight of Flowers with his bare hands. No, Jaime was filled with shock, horror, and the desire to save the life of his child. He would glance up only briefly to ensure the Knight of Flowers was in no position to assault them again, and was reassured to see Ser Balon Swann duelling the Tyrell bastard as Ser Robert Strong approached the treacherous knight from behind whilst the other Kingsguard formed a circle around Jaime and Tommen and the Goldcloaks blocked the exits in case Loras decided to attempt to escape rather than stay and fight. Jaime would wince as he heard the abomination roar in fury, unable to stop himself from turning to view the spectacle.

Third-Person View
As the distressed Ser Balon Swann held the wounded Ser Loras Tyrell at bay, the Knight of Flowers would suddenly notice a loud metallic thud and a clink of chainmail as Swann suddenly retreated from the duel. Loras would swing around and lash out against the mountain of flesh and steel which in one hand carried a sword so huge that any other Knight could barely carry in both of his hands. Ser Robert Strong would simply break Loras's castle-forged sword into two with a mighty swing of his blade accompanied by a bloodthirsty roar, before then dropping his own armaments and lifting the Tyrell knight up with one arm on his thigh and the other on his neck. Ser Strong would step towards the Iron throne, throwing Ser Loras down onto the pointed blades that made up the back of the chair, condemning the Knight of Flowers to a slow and bloody death impaled on the back of the ancient throne, unleashing a wave of bloodcurtling screams. As Ser Loras died the double-doors of the Great Hall would fly open as an ocean of Goldcloaks, and Knights swarmed the Throne Room.

Ser Jaime's Point of View
I would lift Tommen into the arms of Ser Balon, sending the ever-loyal knight to bring my boy to the Grandmaester immediately, then stepping back up the steps to the throne to give myself a bit of a platform from which to address the knights in the room, Ser Loras's screams finally dying down behind me. "Loras of House Tyrell has just made an attempt on the life of King Tommen Baratheon. I have omitted Loras's titles as a Knight and member of the Kingsguard as he has violated his oaths, having attacked and wounded an innocent child such as our King which goes against the basic codes of chivalry and knighthood, as well as having broken his vows to protect the sovereign ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. I have little doubt that his bastard of a Father and unfaithful wretch of a sister have already fled King's Landing in order to throw their support behind a man who has only just arrived in Westeros. Some essosi bastard who bears Valyrian traits and decided that he would use the instability of our realm to spread falsehoods of his identity and call himself Aegon the Sixth. This is a violation of the oaths and bindings of a Lord and his King, a Queen and Her King, and a Kingsguard and his King. They have betrayed a marriage pact, disregarded the basic codes of Chivalry and Kingsguardship, and have attempted to murder an eight year old boy. Scour the City, and scour the Crownlands for Lord Mace Tyrell and Queen Margaery Tyrell. They are to be brought back dead and beheaded or alive and in chains. Lord Mace and Lady Margaery will have only left this location within the last few minutes, and will thus have not had the time to make it out of the King's Landing area. We must stop them before they get to the Reach!" Jaime would roar as the men stood there shocked.
"What are you waiting for?" The Lord Commander of the Kingsguard would cry. "After them!" He would yell, sending the ocean of soldiers to scour the surrounding area for the escaping Tyrells, first clearing the Red Keep, then immediately spreading out into the City and the countryside.
Last edited by The Forsworn Knights on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farnhamia wrote:

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:36 am

Lord Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, High Marshal of the Reach and Warden of the South
On the Crownlands-Reach border

Mace Tyrell, his daughter Margaery and his host rode incessantly through the cold night. Loras' sacrifice had given them time to put distance between them and King's Landing, but it would also spur anti-Tyrell propaganda very quickly.
"Dear Margaery," he said as they rode, "could I ask a favor of you once we reach Highgarden?"
"Y-yes, father." She was still shocked by what had happened in the Red Keep.
"My sweet thing. What Loras did was very brave, and saved us all. Still, you must understand that now the Crown will easily start spreading propaganda against us. All I ask is that you, once we are home, find a way to contrast that."
The young woman murmured her agreement, but then rode on in silence.
Finally, after another half hour, Desmond the guard announced they were now in the Reach, safe.
"Ride to Highgarden!" Screamed out Mace.

Lady Margaery Tyrell, Former Wife of King Tommen I Baratheon

Seeing her childhood home in the distance gave Margaery a joy that for some instants even let her forget of Loras. The castle, so large and beautiful, stood there, waiting for her to enter it.
But she knew that what her father had said was all true. Loras' act was brave, but he broke his oaths as a Kingsguard and this could be used for Lannister propaganda. She already had some plans on how to counter it.
When they reached the castle, her other brother Ser Willas was standing in rich silks, a broad smile on his lips. He hugged his father and sister almost with tears of joy in his eyes, but then noticed the absence of Loras.
"Father whe-where is... Loras?"
The pause and long sigh by Lord Mace made him understand. "It was brave, Willas. Loras was always brave."
Much of the joy left the crippled heir to Highgarden, but he had to appear strong. "Come inside, your chambers are clean and fresh for you. A feast is organized for the Eastern lords, it will be in a week here. And Aegon is meeting with grandmother somewhere along the border with the Stormlands."
"Maester Gormon!" Called out Mace, "send a raven to Aegon and Lady Olenna that they should reach us here, where we will talk. Make Aegon leave his soldiers to defend our borders with the Crownlands and Westerlands. Then, send ravens to all the lords of the Reach. Lady Margaery and Lord Mace are free from the clasp of the murderous Lannisters, but Ser Loras died bravely fighting them. Use those words exactly."
The Maester went off to do all that, and Lord Mace announced he wanted to go off to sleep. Willas turned to Margaery then: "Sweet sister, would you like to sleep now as well?"
"No, Willas. In no more than a week Lannister propaganda will be all over the Seven Kingdoms. We must find a way to counter it."
For long the two thought and talked and planned. They received advice from Gormon, the castellan, and many others. At the end they had plans.
What Kingslayer can talk about honor and breaking vows?
What Queen mother of incest and murderer of her husband can talk of Margaery?
Last edited by The Independent Hazerls on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:51 am

His Lord Paramount, Jon "Snow", of House Stark, Lord Paramount of the North and Lord of Winterfell

While Stannis rode south to set up a forward operating base for their forces, Jon went south east to start recruiting the eastern North lords. Starting with House Umber.

Last Hearth is an easy castle to see, as it's the last North castle before you reach the Gift. Jon decided it would be best if the Wildlings not come to meet House Umber due to the poor relations between them thus he brought only Edd, the other Night's Watch deserters and Tormund. Once Jon had entered the keep he was met by Hother Umber and Mors Umber, uncles of GreatJon Umber and co-castellans of Last Hearth while Greatjon is being held captive at the Twins.

The two old man stood much larger than Jon and only Tormund was able to match their size. As Jon dismounted his horse he noticed a little stable boy run up to him with bread and salt in hand. Jon took the bread and salt thus consummating the Guest Right.

"As you can see "Stark" we Northerners still honor guest right, unlike that fucker Walder Frey. Tell us, why should we take sides with someone who keeps company with Wildlings and deserters?" Hother Umber spoke, his voice bellowing through the air. Hors stood there quietly for a moment, the polar belt hanging from him then he spoke as well, "Stark, we know of your legitimization by King Stannis however why should we take him for our King when his cause is all but folly." Mors added in. "The Boltons and Freys hold our lord and nephew hostage, who's to say they won't hang him from that bloody Crossing of their's."

Jon had a feeling that it wouldn't be easy getting the Northmen to his side. However he hadn't expected the Greatjon to be a captive of the Freys. "My lords, I'm sorry for your loses. The Umbers have always been loyal men to my house and I know that Smalljon died with honor, protecting my brother." Jon paused looking up at Mors and then resumed, "My lords, I ask only for half your men. I don't want House Umber to die because of my cause, I do know however the wrath of House Bolton and know what will happen should we fail. I only ask that you help avenge my brother, the Smalljon and rescue the Greatjon. Stannis has declared that when he marches south to claim his crown that should we march with him he will see to it that Walder Frey is brought to justice." Jon then noticed that Ghost had sat next to him, gazing at the Umbers quietly. "If you don't believe that the direwolf banner should hang from Winterfell once again that it is fine. Should I succeed I will hold no ill against your house and let you remain Lords of Last Hearth."

Mors and Hother went from looking at Jon to staring at Ghost. The large direwolf with his red eyes looked back at them, and then without warning Mors spoke, "Alright, Stark. We shall fight for you, however we must do so in secret for should the Freys or Boltons catch wind they certainly kill the Greatjon." With that Mors held out his arm and then Jon locked arms with him. "The North Remembers, Jon Stark. The North Remembers." Mors spoke as he pulled Jon in close, and with that he turned to return to his keep along with his brother.

As Jon and his companions left the keep and started towards the Wildling band Tormund approached Jon. "I have to say, Stark. That was quite some impressive talk. Had you stayed a Wildling you could of been like Mance." Tormund spoke then laughed as they rode back to the Wildlings.

Next on their list is House Karstark, followed by House Flint of Widow's Watch, House Manderly, then Cerywn and finally Reed.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Lord-in-Exile Daegon Blackfyre, Lord of House Blackfyre,
Last of House Blackfyre, The Inferno that Walks

Wenzel's recruitement had proved very successful, in total drawing 214 new recruits to Daegon's Shield Scorchers, no doubt the news of their victory at Hazzat had caused many to rally behind supporters of Daenerys. The surplus of troops provided enough to both restore the maniples of Daegon and Wenzel, as well as produce enough men for a seventh maniple. After sorting the new recruits into their new grouping, Daegon left the election of their captain up to them, as he had yet to judge any of their skills. If the man selected proved incompetent he could always demote him for a more a more capable man.

After several hours of deliberation the new recruits elected a former pit fighter by the name of Handless Basaran, a monstrous man standing seven and a quarter feet tall with a mouth that had been sewn shut, his left arm ended in a stump which was covered by a weapon known as a scissor, in addition to a large, single-edged blade he wielded with his right hand. Apparently he had originally been from Mantarys, the city of monstrosities, before being freed he had been a slave in the fighting pits of Meereen. Daegon approved of the new captain, if his skills as an officer proved useless he could at least make an intimidating bodyguard with his staggering height and monstrous visage.

With the logistics of his new maniple taken care of Daegon called for an assemblage of his captains.

After finding a room in the Pyramid of Meereen with enough room to host Daegon, his marshal, captains and their squires, Daegon began their meeting.

"My captains, as our first order of business I would like you all to welcome the captain of our newest maniple, Handless Basaran of Mantarys" Daegon indicated to the giant mute man, who stood and nodded to his peers. Daegon then turned to another of his captains, Unslain Aberth, a former pit fighter himself, as well as the only one of his captains to come close to Basaran's massive stature, standing seven feet tall. "Aberth you yourself were once a pit fighter, perhaps you've heard of our new ally, Basaran?"

The scarred man turned to regard his Lord, "My time as a pit fighter must have finished before his began ser, you yourself purchased me and set me free on a count of my skills as a fighter."

Daegon nodded before continuing. "Ah, I see, well now that introduction are out of the way let us move on to the true reason I have called for this assembly. As you know our Queen, Daenerys Targaryen has plans to eventually retake her ancestral throne of Westeros and, by extension, I shall reclaim my lands along the river known as Blackwater, and you all shall be rewarded for your vital service to the Houses of Targaryen and Blackfyre."

Daegon paused to sip from his wineskin, and clear his throat; "Now, it has been brought to my attention by your fellow, Captain Solf the Snake-Nose, that his informants in Volantis have heard word of a man in the West going under the name Aegon VI Targaryen. Now, I'm sure those of you who hail from Westeros will no doubt know that Prince Aegon, son of Rhaegar was believed to have been killed by Gregor Clegane during Robert the Usurper's Rebellion. However, my own house, Blackfyre, was believed extinct so I shall maintain an open mind about him. As it is inevitable that our liege, Daenerys and this man Aegon will meet when we finally depart to Westeros, I am sending two Maniples across the sea to meet with this Aegon and begin forming a relationship between our two houses. Now this is not to say that you shall make any promises of alliances or pacts which we shall leave to our queen when she arrives in Westeros. The captains I send will only be displaying the civility of our queen and of myself.

Daegon stopped briefly to scan his captains faces, and could see that he had their rapt attention before finishing his statement. "For this mission, I will be sending Wilhain Storm, as he was formerly a hedge knight in Westeros who competed in numerous melees, thus his name may still carry weight, in addition to his knowledge of the land, as well as our newest captain, Handless Basaran, as his maniple is primarily made up of fierce former pit fighters, whose presence will no doubt represent that we are not some weak fools to be scorned. This concludes our assembly, any questions?"

The group of captains nodded in agreement with Daegon's plan, all assenting to the decisions he had made. With that Daegon stood, and handed both Basaran and Wilhain messages sealed with black wax and pressed with the thrice headed dragon that signified Daegon's house. He sent two messages as a precaution should either captain lose or misplace it on their journey

With that the two captains entrusted with their mission assembled their 240 troops and made preparations to charter ships to Volantis, and from there to the West.
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Third Person View
King's Landing, The Crownlands

The city had been in uproar ever since the Tyrells had fled and King Tommen had been scarred by Loras. Many supported the Tyrells who had stood up to the murderous Lannisters, but many also saw their acts as treacherous.
Many traders were riding through the Dragon Gate, ready for the upcoming End-of-Summer Market. They brought spices, foods, and items from all over Westeros and Essos. The market would last a whole month.
Three men in rich clothes, atop grey mares rode side by side, and were stopped by City Watchmen asking what their business were.
"We're traders, from the lands of Storm's End. We bring fine perfumes for the fine ladies of King's Landing." Said the one on the left, an aging man with salt and pepper hair.
The Goldcloaks moved to inspect the men's bags, and surely enough they were full of perfumes. Grudgingly, the three were granted entrance to the Capital.
As soon as they were past the line of watchmen, the three cantered off in different direction. The old one rode into Flea Bottom. The small, fat one rode close to the Red Keep, where merchants live. And the third galloped down the Street of Sisters. All three men were shouting out the same things, so that all may hear:
"House Tyrell left King's Landing, and are now thought cravens by the good men of King's Landing. But that is not the truth! They fled for the dishumane acts of the Lannisters, who are the real holders of power. Ser Loras, now seen as dishonorable, died defending his family and fighting the dogs of the Crown.
You good folk shall not follow a coward boy, his Kingslayer father, who is also his uncle, and Cersei, that mother of incest. Hail Houses Targaryen and Tyrell! True rulers of Westeros!"
It got the interest of all. At first all people did was murmur, curious. Still, shortly, small folk and merchants alike started nodding their approval, and even shouting out the words of the Tyrells and the Targaryens.
It seemed as if Lady Margaery's plan in Highgarden had been well thought, and it was working. For the time being, the people of King's Landing had their heats supporting House Tyrell.
But quickly the watchmen came. The small and fat one managed getting out the city, but the other two were rounded up and butchered. All around folk through litter at the Goldcloaks, the words "Growing Strong" on their lips all through the town...

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of South Vantaria » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:23 am

Prince Doran Nymeros Martell
The Water Gardens, Dorne

"Maester, send ravens to the Young Griff and Highgarden. I am sending my own representatives to join the talking."
Prince Doran had heard Aegon was now in the Reach, having met with Lady Olenna, and he was about to leave for Highgarden, where the real talking would happen. Doran wanted his own men there, so to know the plans of his hopefully future ruler.
Then, his castellan came in, Theo. "My lord, which men would you have me send?"
"Send Ellaria Sand. She is a bastard, but we will see: if the Young Griff sends her away, he will not have my men. She is good in these matters. And give her 200 men."
"Very well, my lord."
Freeriders came near every day, telling of what was happening in King's Landing and the Reach. The armies of Sers Willas and Garlan had defeated the Ironborn and sent away them from Westeros. Lord Mace and Lady Margaery Tyrell had escaped the capital, but Ser Loras had been killed by the whitecloaks. Now, propagandists and anarchists were riding through the streets of that city everyday, trying to win the hearts of the small folk over to their side.
Looking out his window, he saw Ellaria Sand ride out the gates, followed by a vast column of men. Hopefully she'll remember how to use her tongue, thought Doran. But oh well, it was to late to change anything now.

Ellaria Sand
Eastern Dorne

Her column rode for a full day, under the blazing sun. They were all Dornishmen, and used to it, but by when they made camp in the evening, they were all tired.
"Men, you all rode well today. Tomorrow we shall be in the Tyrell lands, and there we will meet the men who shall help us avenge Oberyn, Elia, and all the dead of Dorne!"
That brought up a strong cheer. All the soldiers of Dorne had loved Oberyn, and he too was a victim of Lannister murder.
Once the armies of the Reach, Dorne and the Golden Company were united under the dragon banner of the Targaryens, nothing could save those blonde-headed bastards.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:08 am

Road near Brightwater Keep, The Reach

Only the day before, Willas had sent word to the Keep, saying their Lord father and sister were back home, safe, but Ser Loras died defending them at the hand of the other whitecloaks. This naturally had brought mixed emotions to Garlan, but the letter also gave him a duty:
To visit the keeps of Lords Redwyne, Hightower, Rowan and Tarly, and promise them lands and titles once the war is over.
That day Lord Garlan was on his way to the Hightower, with 50 men at his back. They reached the large holdfast and were greeted by the Lord's Castellan, who asked them to come inside. There, they found Lord Garth himself. The sounds of Oldtown could be heard everywhere.
"Lord Garlan! I must congratulate you for your acts on the Shields. They have told me you fought like a god!"
"My lord, you honor me. I am afraid to say that I actually got wounded by an Ironborn axe."
"If you please, my maester can-"
"No need, my lord. It has already been done."
The smile remained on Lord Garth's lips, and he asked: "So what brings you to Oldtown?"
"Lord Garth, you know as well as anyone that war is close. The Targaryen heir is on his way to Highgarden, where he will meet my lord father. I came to promise you lands in the Westerlands if you support us."
And then the Lord sat down. He seemed to ponder the question, his eyes burning into nothingness. "My lord Garlan. House Hightower has always been a proud bannerman of the Tyrells. If it came to war, we would support no-one but your father Mace." He then paused yet again. "But you must understand I am still skeptic; why should I believe that truly there is a Targaryen ready to take the Throne?"
Garlan was taken aback, but had to remain strong: "Lord Garth I do understand... and I can promise you Lord Mace will send you a raven as soon as he meets Aegon. Then, I trust you shall believe it."
"And believe it I shall, my lord!" He roared, standing up and clasping Garlan's forearm. "So if this Aegon is true and not a ghost, when you ride to war you will see our banners following you!"

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:32 am

Lord Adam Blacken, Lord of Blacken Castle, Head of House Blacken

Adam didn't know what to do. He sent a letter to Jon Snow and he didn't know whether Jon got it or If Jon decided to Ignore Adam's letter. Adam was sitting in his Hall think about what he could possibly do.

"My Men are preparing for a war that I am not sure might happen. My Sister is a whore, My Brother is in exile somewhere. My younger siblings have been taken to a safe place far from here.What is my next move. Do I wait for Jon or do I try something else" Adam said as he got up and began to walk out of the hall. He began to walk towards the exit and headed outside.

Adam say the Blacken sigil, It was the Stark Wolf but Red with a Black background. "Huh, Look at all the good being Kin with the Starks have gotten us." He said as he thought about his Father's death. Adam then began to towards his keep and on his way he kept thinking pessimistically about how this whole war and him pledging to Jon would go. "I pledge to my Kin and I get nothing.....I pledge to the Boltons and I get nothing" He thought "Then why the fuck would I fight and die for either of them like my father did?" He said with anger

After he reached his room he began to get ready to sleep. "I'm gonna get on my way to the Manderly's and try to figure this out." He said to himself before he would sleep for the night. "The North shall rise.....It has already fallen" He said to himself
Last edited by Eraus on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Nasaira
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:03 pm

Aegon had decided to leave the majority of the Golden Company on the border of the Reach and Crownlands in support of his new allies. Taking only a personal guard of two hundred men he along with the queen of thrones made their way to Highgarden. The ride to Highgarden was a rough one as the purpose was to make haste and meet with Mace Tyell to secure the newly formed alliance and discuses the war plans.

Along the way Aegon was notified about the death of Ser Loras Tyrell, the display of loyalty from one of the members of House Tyrell helped to cement the alliance but also ignited a fire of vengeance within the young king himself. Aegon thought to himself about the murder of his own family at the hands of the Lannisters. in that moment Aegon took it upon himself to visit Oleena in her carriage, there in his gold armor with the sigil of house Targaryen upon the breast plate, Aegon took a knee in front of the aging woman. "I know that in your moment of grieve my words offer very little in terms of what you have lost, I know you are your grandson was close. I cannot bring Ser Loras back but I can promise you that you will have your vengeance for his murder. I promise that all the crimes that have been committed will be answered for."

Aegon took her by the hand and held and comforter the best way that the young king could. After a week of hard riding Aegon along its the queen of thrones had finally made it to Highgarden, along the road leading up to the grand castle itself was Tyrell and Targaryen banners sewed together. A large crowd had gathered to gas upon the lost Targaryen king who was long though dead, the chants grew louder and louder, "all hail his grace, King Aegon!"

Once through the gate there standing in the courtyard was Mace Tyrell along with his daughter. Aegon dismounted his stallion walking over to Mace. But instead of a handshake Aegon took Mace in a hug and said "your lose will be avenged my friend, I promise"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse