NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Feast for Crows [IC/Concluded]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:46 am

Castle Black, the Wall

It took time to hand out the weirwood branches, Baratheon men and Night's Watch alike putting the pieces of wood into the hands of the Wildling captives. Overseeing it all was Melisandre, her thin robes banishing the chill which struck at the men around her. With an air of constant premonition she called for the Wildlings to renounce their gods, the many faced trees which held no power before the Lord of Light and his chosen warrior Azor Ahai. Towards a small pyre they were led, armed Nights Watchmen careful to see to it that none thought to try and make a fight of it. Though, whether due to the cold in the air or the number of men armed and armoured, the fight had gone out of the Wildling captives. Like cattle they were driven towards the waiting pile of timber.

"Bring forth the deserter," the king finally ordered, watching with silent judgement as Mance was brought out before the masses. "For the crime of deserting your post and breaking your oaths to the Night's Watch, I, Stannis Baratheon, hereby sentence you to death."

Taking her cue, Melisandre's voice called out, each note ringing throughout Castle Black. Five queensmen stepped forward with eager intent, driving their torches into the waiting weirwood. As the flames took hold, they joined in singing the chorus, echoing the priestess's words as fire danced towards the King-Beyond-The-Wall.

From on high Stannis passively watched the proceedings, Davos at his side. He did not smile as the Wildlings threw their gods into the gaping maw of the flames, nor did he smile as they were forced to stare at the melting frame of their false king. Wildlings do not respect laws, he had been told time and time again. Wildlings follow a strong leader because they have to, not because they want to. There was power in Kingsblood, as the teachings went. Mance had been their king, in name at least.

It took a time for the traitor to die, screaming as the flames bit hungrily into his seeping flesh. Each cry sent Melisandre' followers into a frenzy, their own words redoubling in power. There is power in fire and blood, he accepted, his jaws setting themselves.

Finally, when the fires became too great to sustain themselves on Old Gods, the red priestess called the Wildlings to take an oath. On bent knees they were forced, heads lowered before the sight of Stannis Baratheon, their king and savior. A rumbling echo of her words reached his ears, of Wildlings naming him their leader. Maybe it was a fear of death which urged them to speak. It could have been because they accepted him as a leader. Rather, the reason could have been Jon, no longer a crow and yet still a friend of Wildlings.

"You will be found lands in the Gift," Stannis told them. "That will be your new home, safe under my domain." He looked out at them, these savages who had resisted authority for the eternity of their existence. "You will be left in peace, until such times as you will be called upon to stand against the Great Enemy, the white demons of ice. For as long as you keep the laws of my land, you will be protected. You will have safety and prosperity: that is my oath to you."

With the words spoken, he marched away, Davos on his heels. "Now we have a realm to win back."

Mole Town, the Wall

Stannis rode at the head of the column, the royal standards flying high at his back. The letters had been sent, the ravens long since arrived at their destination. Now, it was for the northmen to make their choice: allegiance to Baratheon or death. So he marched, the fiery stag's head and the crowned beast leading a great procession of animals and plants: grey seahorses and black nightingales, red foxes and moths grey on grey, an orle of flowers on green and an open pod of peas. Beneath those bolts of cloth rode men true to his cause, men who had dared the dwarf's green flames and refused to join the shade of Renly and the traitors Tyrell and Lannister. In return, he had brought them north. He had made them saviors of the realm, loyal vassals ready to win great lands and titles in his impending victory.

Knights rode alongside the Men-At-Arms, a shimmering sea of plate and chainmail. Longbowmen, astride their loyal mounts, followed closely behind, their own armour still bearing the marks of Wildling blood. In all direction went scouts, the weather necessitating far-flung eyes and ears. From above they did not look as impressive as the great host which had marched on the capital, but there were no traitors within their ranks. Each man was condemned in defeat, their only hope lying with seeing Stannis victorious over the corpses of his many foes. And even for the least supportive members of the true king's army, they had the red priestess. Behind the king she rode, the men too fearful to stray too close excepting for her most ardent of followers.

Towards Last Hearth they rode, the southerners went. Towards victory or death.

Skagos, Skagos

Davos looked around the dreary island, finding himself disliking the land just as much as the Far North. So far from the Rainwood, from his wife.

"I don't like this," muttered one of the Essosi mercenaries, his hand never leaving the dirk at his side. Fifty of them had disembarked alongside the Hand of the King, rowing on small boats to reach the coastline. Within an hour of their arrival the Skagosi had found them, what amounted to nobles barring his passage further inland. Taken to what could only be described as a warcamp, Lord Seaworth and his men were surrounded.

"Who is this Stannis? one of the islanders demanded, his armour denoting him as a leader. "What does he want of me?"

"He is the true king of Westeros. I must ask you of your name, Lord?" Davos felt himself reaching for his knuckles, long gone.

"You south men and your lords," he grinned with malice. "I am Lord Magnar. Who are you, onion man?"

"Lord Seaworth, Lord Magnar. I am the Hand of the King."

The Skagosi burst in to laughter. "I wondered why you had one hand. If a man did that to me, I would kill him."

"Stannis Baratheon is a just man, a true lord. He came north to protect the realm from the threats beyond."

There was a moment of quiet. "Seems like you love this man," his features narrowed. "I don't like men lovers."

Davos was stunned in to silence. As the seconds passed it took one of the Essosi to wake him from his paralysis. "I love him as my king, as the last heir to Robert Baratheon. I come in his name, to seek an alliance with you and ours to defeat the Boltons."

The name of Stannis' chief foe brought a reaction from the Skagosi man. "You fight the Boltons?"

"Yes, Roose Bolton and his son, and all the northern houses who pay him homage."

"Kill northmen for your king? To what end, Handless Hand?"

"To put Jon Stark in Winterfell."
To Stop The Scythe - A Sci-Fi RP set in the world of Mass Effect. Join the Shadow Broker's team and hunt down the mysteries surrounding the Protheans, uncovering secrets that were best left unknown and fight your way to the knowledge that can bring about the destruction of the Reapers.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:43 am

Lord Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, High Marshal of the Reach and Warden of the South
His Own Lodgings, The Red Keep, King's Landing

It wasn't even hot for summertime King's Landing, but Lord Mace was sweating. He was nervous, as he knew his daughter Margaery was in those moments speaking to King Tommen, trying to convince the boy to make Mace Hand.
It was good luck, in some ways, that Joffrey died. Tommen was sweet where Joff had been cruel, and Tommen listened where Joff would just scream and cry. And probably, convincing Joffrey to replace Ser Harys with Mace would've been harder than convincing Tommen.
Just then he heard a knock on the door, and his steward Hubert's voice: "Two men would like to see you, my lord. Freeriders no doubt, from up North. They say they saw your letter."
So someone had seen his letters! These men may have caught the Imp already! "Let them in!"
Two men walked in. One was very tall and with a limp, the other squat and muscled. Well, they seem seasoned enough. thought Mace as he looked at them.
"M'lord," said the tall one, falling to his knee, "I come to swear my sword to you. I will hunt down the Imp, the Lord Tyrion Lannister, wherever he may go. I swear I will bring you his head."
The other one followed: "And I, m'lord, swear you my sword as well. I will too hunt for the Imp of Casterly Rock, and I will not rest until his dead body lies at my feet. Then, I will bring his head to you."
Mace was happy. Ecstatic, almost. "My dear friends, I thank you for your sword, and I tell you: once I have Tyrion's head, brought back by you, I shall tell the King to knight you, and give you keeps of your own. Now arise, you are swords of House Tyrell now."
The two rose, and left, promising to kill the Lannister.

Ser Willas Tyrell, Heir to Highgarden
The Fields in the Western Parts of the Reach

The Tyrell army had stopped a mere few miles to the west of Highgarden. There, it met the hosts of Houses Appleton, Bulwer and Oakheart. Respectively of 3,000; 2,000; and 3,500 men. The four Lords were now speaking.
"I and Lord Ethan Bulwer will join the defense on the mainland between the Shield Islands and the Arbor. Euron will strike there as well when he sees the Islands are held firmly." Was saying Lord Kinn Appleton.
"Very well, my lord." Answered Willas, "I shall bring my host to the Arbor, where together with the Redwynes we shall number 10,000 men to say the least. Furthermore, as the Redwyne fleet is so strong, I have sent orders to send 40 warships over to the Shield Islands. And you, Lord Oakheart, what would you do?"
The young Lord Symon Oakheart spoke up in that soft voice of his: "Well, m'lord. With you there, the Arbor is truly well defended. Lords Kinn and Ethan will reach that stretch of mainland between the Sheilds and the Arbor, and that means they will have 5,000 of their own plus local Houses, adding up to more than 10,000 surely. So, I would sail to the Sheilds, where your brother Lord Garlan is. At the moment there are no more than 5,000 men there, and I can bring that up to near 9,000."
And so they did. The armies marched soon after, all in their designated direction. Ser Willas' journey would be the longest, as he had the Arbor to reach...
Last edited by The Independent Hazerls on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:17 pm

Northmen,

All men know Eddard Stark, Hand of the King, for the trueborn son of Rickard Stark, Lord of Winterfell, by his lady wife Lyarra of House Stark. Following his execution at the hands of the abomination Joffrey he has been left with no trueborn male heirs following the treachery of Walder Frey and Roose Bolton. In my station as the King of Westeros, mine right of birth and blood, I do this day declare that Jon Snow, Eddard's baseborn son, is to have the taint of his birth removed. Henceforth, the Lord of Winterfell is named Jon Stark. Let all true northmen declare their loyalty to the heir of Eddard Stark, Hand of the King. Done in the Light of the Lord, under the sign and seal of Stannis of House Baratheon, the First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, and Lord of the Seven Kingdoms.

Adam and his men were on high alert since they still considered themselves at war with the Iron Throne and now with the Boltons and Freys. Adam had his troops patrolling around and was sure that if the Boltons or their minions were near that he would now and would be ready. Adam was seating on his Throne. "Another Fucking Stag........If I get to kill those Bolton's I'll do it" Adam said as he began to write a Reply.

To, Jon Snow
I'm willing to Fight for you but what exactly would I as a Northmen get. My Father Died trying to make us free and look what we have now, Nothing and that is not something I can stand for. If you are willling to give me lands meaning a nice castle or town and maybe even a title I will fight for you. Tell you accept this and I will march my two thousand men to war. Remeber Jon, The North Shall Rise
Last edited by Eraus on Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:01 pm

[-align=center]Image[/align]

The Arbor, The Reach

Ser Willas had finally reached the Arbor with his host. Still, he felt strangely guilty inside. He knew that the Shield Islands were in greater danger, but he hadn't gone there. Garlan was the only Tyrell who had managed getting the courage for that.
The days passed slowly as the defences were readied. Ships went off to the Shields, and fresh men kept coming.
One thing's for sure, thought Willas, [/i] if the Ironborn attack here they will be repelled.[/i]. He wasn't that positive regarding the rest of the coast, though...

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:23 pm

House Targaryen

The Unsullied began their march from Yunkai. Ser Barristan would command the center, with Grey Worm in the vanguard and Naaharis, Plumm, and the military orders made up the rearguard.

By noon on that day, the army had reached a spring at the village of Tur'an some six miles (10 km) from Hazzat. Therefore, with only a half day of marching time remaining, any attempt to leave this sure water source to seek that objective the same day. Ser Barristan set out that very afternoon, marching his army forward, seeming to head for Hazzat.

In the ensuing struggle, the Slavers army was forced to a standstill by continuous attacks, thus halting the whole army on the arid plateau near the village of Meskana. The Slavers were thus forced to make camp surrounded by the Unsullied. They now had no water nor any hope of receiving supplies or reinforcements. The Slaver hoped that they army could force its way through to the Spring of Hazzat the following morning.

A Myrish lense had made its way into Barristan's hands and he lifted his helmet off silently, passing the steel helm to the young squire that waited nervously beside his warhorse. Naaharis took the piece of armour without question, biting his lips in silent apprehension. The boy's face was a milky-white and he was shaking violently, and the squire realised that this was probably the first time he would see blood shed. And potentially his last...

The squire shaked the dreary thought away and placed the myrish lense in front of his eye. The landscape ahead immediately magnified and the Slavers became unmistakable; a raucous horde of marching warriors and sellswords. He skimmed his sight across the front-line of the enemies host, taking in the bulking forms of the cavalry carefully. A giant of a man atop a warhorse caught his attention as he did so, and his heart seemed to be wrenched from his chest as he did so.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Lord-in-Exile Daegon Blackfyre, Lord of House Blackfyre,
Last of House Blackfyre, The Inferno that Walks

Daegon set forth alongside the forces of Daenerys, accompanied by his Shield Scorchers. Upon arriving at Hazzat, the Knight, Ser Barristan took lead command of Daegon, Naaharis, Plumm and Grey Worm's forces, launching continuous attacks and forcing the enemy to camp on an arid patch of land. The Slavers had no access to water on the dry plateau.

Daegon realized that the dry air blew towards their enemy and gave order for his forces to set alight the dry grass surrounding the enemy encampment. The ensuing smoke blew directly into the Slavers host, choking them with its acrid fumes. The smoke succeeded in exacerbating the enemies thirst which was already great due to their lack of access to water. To further harass the enemy, Daegon ordered his men to rain arrows down upon them, while taking his three best longbow men to fire a volley of Wildfire-Arrows at the slavers tents every two hours, so as to conserve their limited supply of the green substance.
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:23 pm

House Targaryen

The cavalry and infantry swept down from their concealed positions in the surrounding hills, blocked the road and engaged the unsuspecting Slavers from three sides. Surprised and outmanoeuvred, the Slavers did not have time to draw up in battle array, and were forced to fight a desperate hand-to-hand battle in open order. The Ghiscari Legions were quickly split into three parts. The westernmost was attacked by the Windblown cavalry and forced into the mess of bodies, leaving the other two groups with no way to retreat. The centre, including the Volantese, stood its ground, but were cut down by Naaharis' men after three hours of heavy combat.

For almost three hours the fighting went on; everywhere a desperate struggle was kept up, but it raged with greater fierceness round Ser Barristan. He was followed by the pick of his army, and wherever he saw his men hard pressed and in difficulties he at once went to their help. Distinguished by his armour he was the object of the enemy's fiercest attacks, which his comrades did their utmost to repel.

Yurkhaz zo Yunzak, seeing his force crumbling, sought to inspire his men into regrouping by riding forward and exposing himself to danger. In this gallant attempt, he was unhorsed and made prisoner, and failed to rally his troops.

In less than four hours, most of the Slavers troops were killed. The Slavers advance guard saw little combat and, once the disaster to their rear became obvious, fought their way through the skirmishers and out of the hills. Of the initial Slavers force of about 40,000, about 30,000 were either killed in battle or escaped.

Another 10,000 are reported to have made their way back to Elyria by various means, and the rest were captured. The Queen's losses were 2,500, plus "many" who died of their wounds. About 6,000 Slaves escaped, under the cover of fog, only to be captured by Plumm the following day. Grey Worm promised safe passage if they surrendered their weapons and armour, but Plumm had them killed irrespective of the promise made.
Last edited by Cuprum on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:45 pm

Daegon gazed upon the scorched plateau and the numerous dead who lay upon its plains, both Daenerys' and Slavers' forces alike. The Shield Scorchers had primarily focused their attacks as archers, however Daegon had led two of his Maniples into battle alongside the forces of Ser Barristan. During the fray one of Daegon's captains, Emon of the Flails, had foolishly detached his Maniple of 120 men from the main force and suffered a substantial loss of 73 troops, including Emon himself, who caught a blade through the kidney, and later died of his wounds.

The Maniple led by Daegon himself suffered relatively light casualties, losing 21 of it's 150 men. Daegon and three of his Maniples aided Plumm the following day in rounding up the 6,000 enemy troops that escaped. Daegon did not agree with Plumm's decision to put them to the sword, in spite of Grey Worm's promise of offering them safe passage. This does not sit well with me, ignoring a pact of safe passage, do men no longer hold value in honour?
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:48 pm

DELETED.
Last edited by The Independent Hazerls on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

High Republic of Portugal
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby High Republic of Portugal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:50 pm

House Voltano
Volt, Voltano Plains, southern Reach

The days were getting increasingly cold. Winter had arrived, the Citadel announced across Westeros. In the Reach, the difference wasn't all that evident, Rickard thought to himself. He observed his troops training outside Volt's walls in a large courtyard next a new and improvised barrack. It had been established when Willas Tyrell announced that war was finally coming to the Reach.

Rickard's liege lord, Randyll Tarly, had summoned his bannermen with orders to defend the eastern borders and that included Rickard's men. The Voltano forces were small, but effective. Rickard had created a standing army of four hundred professionals when the Imp was kidnapped by Lady Catelyn Stark and war was brewed. He knew it was only a matter of time until the south would too be involved in the conflict up north. Rickard had stayed behind when the Tyrells joined Renly. After Renly was killed and the Tyrell forces joined Tywin Lannister in the Battle of the Baywater, only a few dozens of Voltano men fought there, under the orders of Rickard's cousin, Ser Flamell Voltano. Flamell was dutiful and friendly. Rickard remembered when Flamell became a hedge knight and travelled through the Stormlands and Reach looking for scraps of work. It was not until the start of the War of the Five Kings that Rickard managed to employ his cousin to captain his soldiers.

A few days back, Rickard sent Flamell to conscript people from his fiefdoms and his cousin had returned with an impressive number of over three hundred recruits. Most were peasants that had never held a sword before, but Rickard strongly believed that his professional instructors and himself would be able to train this force into an effective one in just a matter of weeks. If successful, this would give him over seven hundred capable soldiers, half of which were professionals with a couple years of experience.
Last edited by High Republic of Portugal on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:51 pm

Event Post (This character is unclaimed and this post is only here to continue RP)

His Grace, Euron "Crow's Eye" of House Greyjoy, Iron King, King of the Isles and the North, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, Lord Reaper of Pyke, Captain of the Silence and Protector of the Realm.

Torwold Browntooth and the Red Oarsman lead twelve ironborn longships up the river Mander to draw out the defenses of the Shield Islands. Instead of sailing along the Reach's coastline, Euron leads the other ironborn ships into the Sunset Sea and attacks the Shields from the west, with the setting sun hiding their approach.

Ser Harras Harlaw lands at Grimston and plants his standard beneath the castle walls. Daring the defenders to face him, he kills five and forces two to yield. After the seventh man is defeated the septon in the castle declares the gods have spoken and surrenders the castle. The islands of Greyshield, Greenshield, and Southshield are captured before the next morning, while Oakenshield lasts half a day. Euron uses Oakenshield Castle at Lord Hewett's Town as his base, with Lord Humfrey Hewett and his family captured.

When the Shields' ships abandon Torwold and the Red Oarsmen in the Mander and return to the islands, they are trapped by the Iron Fleet at the river's mouth. Lord Captain Victarion Greyjoy slays Ser Talbert Serry during the boarding of a Serry vessel when Talbert falls overboard. Victarion loses only six ironborn ships, including Hardhand, but captures thirty-eight. Victarion allows a dozen southron ships to escape to the Mander.

The lords sworn to Highgarden who escaped destruction on the islands or the Mander retreat and wait for reinforcement from Highgarden. The peasant women and children whose husbands and fathers died during the battle are sold into slavery instead of thralldom by the ironborn. According to the tidings that reach King's Landing, Lord Chester and Lord Hewett are slain, Lord Grimm is held captive in his own castle, and Lord Serry flees to Highgarden with the remnants of his fleet. Ser Willas Tyrell sends word to House Hightower at Oldtown and Ser Garlan Tyrell begins raising men to retake the Shields.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:20 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Event Post (This character is unclaimed and this post is only here to continue RP)

His Grace, Euron "Crow's Eye" of House Greyjoy, Iron King, King of the Isles and the North, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, Lord Reaper of Pyke, Captain of the Silence and Protector of the Realm.

Torwold Browntooth and the Red Oarsman lead twelve ironborn longships up the river Mander to draw out the defenses of the Shield Islands. Instead of sailing along the Reach's coastline, Euron leads the other ironborn ships into the Sunset Sea and attacks the Shields from the west, with the setting sun hiding their approach.

Ser Harras Harlaw lands at Grimston and plants his standard beneath the castle walls. Daring the defenders to face him, he kills five and forces two to yield. After the seventh man is defeated the septon in the castle declares the gods have spoken and surrenders the castle. The islands of Greyshield, Greenshield, and Southshield are captured before the next morning, while Oakenshield lasts half a day. Euron uses Oakenshield Castle at Lord Hewett's Town as his base, with Lord Humfrey Hewett and his family captured.

When the Shields' ships abandon Torwold and the Red Oarsmen in the Mander and return to the islands, they are trapped by the Iron Fleet at the river's mouth. Lord Captain Victarion Greyjoy slays Ser Talbert Serry during the boarding of a Serry vessel when Talbert falls overboard. Victarion loses only six ironborn ships, including Hardhand, but captures thirty-eight. Victarion allows a dozen southron ships to escape to the Mander.

The lords sworn to Highgarden who escaped destruction on the islands or the Mander retreat and wait for reinforcement from Highgarden. The peasant women and children whose husbands and fathers died during the battle are sold into slavery instead of thralldom by the ironborn. According to the tidings that reach King's Landing, Lord Chester and Lord Hewett are slain, Lord Grimm is held captive in his own castle, and Lord Serry flees to Highgarden with the remnants of his fleet. Ser Willas Tyrell sends word to House Hightower at Oldtown and Ser Garlan Tyrell begins raising men to retake the Shields.

On the way back to Highgarden, The Reach

The Shield Islands had fallen, even though the rest of the coast was still standing. Not even Lord Garlan had managed saving the Islands.
Willas had sent a raven to the Lords that hold the Mander- it must be blockaded. Redwyne ships were on the way already.
We can't have damn Euron getting close to Highgarden unchallenged. He thought as he rode...
Last he had heard, Garlan was back on the mainland, with his whole host unhurt. He was rallying the local lords, wanting to take back Oakenshield before Euron did anything else. Willas was to reach him there, with his own host. Together, the armies of Brightwater Keep and Highgarden, and the Redwyne Fleet attacking from the south, would be unstoppable. Positive as always, the heir of House Tyrell thought that the battle at least had probably tired out the Ironborn.
He had Lords Oakheart, Bulwer and Appleton with him, and the Redwyne fleet at sea near them. Once they joined Garlan, they would number more than 10,000 soldiers and a good 350 ships, not all Redwynes.

Lord Garlan Tyrell 'The Gallant", Lord of Brightwater Keep
Mainland near the Shield Islands, The Reach

The battle, if it could even be called that, had been an utter shambles. Euron had sent his whole force against the Shields, and the Redwyne fleet, or whatever of it was present, got beaten.
Still, Garlan and nearly all his men had gotten out alive. They had camped just across the sea from the Islands, were they were waiting for reinforcements. His brother would come, bringing 10,000 men and the fleet in its entirety. Hopefully, even other Lords would follow.
Oakenshield will be ours again in a fortnight. Thought Garlan that night, but he wasn't so sure. He just hoped...

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:02 pm

House Targaryen

Soon after the defeat of the Slaver's Army, merchants presented a petition to the Queen for permission to sail to the Ghozai Archipelago and colonize for the glory of the realm. The permission was granted and three ships sailed from Astapor. The expedition was successful and yhree more ships sailed west; however, these were all lost at sea before being rescued by Tolosi merchants. Another group of merchants met and stated their intention "to venture in the pretended voyage to the West Territories (the which it may please the Lord to prosper), and the sums that they will adventure", committing 3,000 gold coins. Two days later, "the Adventurers" reconvened and resolved to apply to the Queen for support of the project.

Although their first attempt had not been completely successful, they nonetheless sought the Queen's unofficial approval to continue, bought ships for their venture and increased their capital to 6,000 gold dragons. The Adventurers convened again a week later.

This time they succeeded, the Queen granted a Royal Charter to Ghazdor zo Ahlaq under the name, Company of Merchants of The Bays of Dragons trading with the West Territories. For a period of fifteen years the charter awarded the newly formed company a monopoly on trade with all countries West of the Ghozai archipelago, this scheme ruined the former Valyrian's colonies trade who send thirteen embassies begging for mercy and part of the profits from the new colonies trade. Paezhar zo Myraq commanded the first expedition to the old Ghis and returned a month later with news about New Ghis advances, ten legions departed from New Ghis but sunked due to a storm before landing on Astapor's beaches.

The governance of the new colonies in the Isles of Cedars was in the hands of one governor and 20 directors from the Trade Company, who made up the Court of Directors. They, in turn, reported to the Royal Court, which appointed them. The Traders decided to explore the feasibility of gaining a territorial foothold in mainland Valyria, with official sanction by the Targaryen's crown, and requested that the Crown should end with the Ghiscari threat but suddenly a letter arrived from New Ghis.
Upon which assurance of your royal love I have given my general command to all the kingdoms and ports of my dominions to receive all the merchants of the North nations as the subjects of my friend; that in what place soever they choose to live, they may have free liberty without any restraint; and at what port soever they shall arrive, that neither Westerosi nor any other shall dare to molest their quiet; and in what city soever they shall have residence, I have commanded all my governors and captains to give them freedom answerable to their own desires; to sell, buy, and to transport into their country at their pleasure. For confirmation of our love and friendship, I desire your Majesty to command your merchants to bring in their ships of all sorts of rarities and rich goods fit for my palace; and that you be pleased to send me your royal letters by every opportunity, that I may rejoice in your health and prosperous affairs; that our friendship may be interchanged and eternal.

— Grazdan zo Grazdan, Letter to Daenerys Stormborn.
Last edited by Cuprum on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:49 pm

After allowing his men to collect spoils from the fallen enemy, and time to bury the dead (at least the ones who had friends willing to bury them), Daegon gathered his remaining four captains and ordered them to begin their march back to Meereen, sending some of the remaining members of Emon's decimated Maniple as an advance party to give word of their victory to Queen Daenerys.

As the main force of the Shield Scorchers began the trek back to Meereen Daegon called up Wenzel Waters, brother of Daegon's most trusted friend, Weiand Waters.

"Wenzel, with Emon dead I am in need of a new captain, and I have selected you. The sixth Maniple is now under you command, do not disappoint me, when we return to Meereen you will be tasked with recruiting troops from the town so that we may recoup our lost men. Since we are now under the command of Queen Daenerys it is imperative that you complete your duties without error. I do not want us to suffer a loss like this again, let that fool, Emon, serve as an example to you, never disobey my orders, or those of our liege and you will remain in your position."

Wenzel scoffed before replying, his brash arrogance obvious in his voice. "Emon was a fucking fool, who was touched in the head, using flails without a shield in combat. I won't fuck up like him and I certainly know enough not to disobey an order from the damned mother of dragons, I'm in no hurry to be roasted and eaten by giant fucking lizards."

Daegon rubbed his temple before continuing. "I pray to the gods that you keep your tongue in your mouth around the Queen, honestly, sometimes I find it hard to believe that your father was a knight, though I will say, you being a bastard doesn't surprise me."

Wenzel grunted in anger and stalked off to march with some of the other men, grumbling under his breath. Daegon sighed and turned his gaze to the long road back to Meereen that lay ahead of him.
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:37 pm

Mainland off The Shield Islands, The Reach

After days of marching, in which Willas didn't push the men too hard for fear of tiring them too much, the main Tyrell host joined Garlan's on the mainland just off the Shields.
The two siblings embraced when they met: "Oh dear brother," said Willas sadly, "I am so sorry I wasn't on the Shields with you... it's, it's all my fault."
Garlan reassured him, telling him they'd better start planning their attack. The two Tyrells, the Admiral of the Redwynes, Lords Appleton, Bulwer and Oakheart, and four minor, local Lords met in a large tent.
The four, who had been called on by Garlan, said that they each had 500 men, and 15 usable ships. The three bannermen of Willas's, Appleton Oakheart and Bulwer, had in total 8,500 men and 60 ships. Willas himself led 5,600 men and 10 ships, while Garlan 1,700 men and no ships. Last but certainly not least were those sent by House Redwyne. 800 soldiers, and 300 ships sailing north through the sea, ready to strike when needed.
"My lords," said Willas, "we count 18,600 men and 430 ships all together. This means we can crush the Ironborns easily. Here is what we shall do: Roddelf," turning to the Arbor's Admiral, " your ships and sailors are by far the most experienced. I command you to take your fleet and move fast; encircle the Shields entirely. Do not enter fighting too soon, wait for the Greyjoys to come to you and then strike. Go now.
The remaining ships, 130, will bring us across to the Shields, and take the westernmost islands easily as Euron hasn't had time to fortify that as of yet. Once there, we will take castle by castle, keep by keep, and rally the small folk. They are being treated harshly and will want their rightful lords back. Go now, ready the men."

Lord Garlan Tyrell, "The Gallant", Lord of Brightwater Keep
At Sea, going to the Shield Islands, The Reach

The plan had been made, now it was time for the butcher's work. Garlan was used to it; when he trained he fought against three men all at once, to keep sharp for these moments. In the distance, he could see the Redwyne ships going to take their places all around the Shields, to block off Euron's escape.
The bloody rat's stuck here. He'll die here, I swear it. I'll kill him myself.
Garlan himself was on a ship, but his task was different. He was to storm the Islands, like all the other Lords and soldiers, taking the land back from these pirates and raiders.
It was almost about to start, and everything seemed to slow down...

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:07 pm

King Tommen I Baratheon the First of his name. The Lord of King's Landing, and Ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. Head of House Baratheon of King's Landing and son of King Robert 'The Usurper'.

The Royal Chambers
Tommen bit his lip as he thought over what Margaery had said. It was true, all of the major Lannister Victories in the War of Five Kings had been won by his Uncle, his Grandfather, or Gregor Clegane's army of Monstrous thugs quests for depravity and wanton violence. It was also true that Ser Harys was not a very charismatic or smart man, leading Tommen to genuinely wonder why his Mother had seen fit to appoint the man.
"That is true, and I surely would not want to burden my Mother with this excess business. I fear that her stressed state of mind influenced her to pick someone who is- if I may stain my lips with the insult of calling Ser Harys 'slow'. Very well my Lady, I will speak with your Father about potentially replacing Ser Harys with someone else. Although- forgive me if I am incorrect, I feel as if there is an implication here as to whom you would see made Hand. I shall arrange to meet him privately in the Throne Room to discuss this."
Tommen would say, standing up from the bed and reaching for his Crown.

Ser Jaime Lannister of King's Landing. Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, Master-At-Arms of the Iron Throne, and uncle of the King. Son of Lord-Paramount Tywin Lannister.

The Red Keep, deserted hallway.
Jaime Lannister's Kingsguard armor clinked as he quickly strode along the hall, checking over his shoulder every few moments as he finally arrived at his destination, a small unused storage room with a hulking tower of Golden armor with a white cloak standing outside the door. He would barely nod at Ser Robert Strong as he entered the room.
"Sister." Jaime would say, his relationship with Cersei having eroded heavily as Cersei blamed him in part for Tywin's death at the hands of Tyrion.
"We have a problem." Cersei would bluntly reply, stepping toward her brother. "We have received news that the Reach is worried about Greyjoy attacks on their shores. We both know where the Ironborn will strike after the Reach." She would say, leaving her thought open-ended for Jaime to finish.
"The Westerlands, our Home." Jaime would finish. "I want those damn reavers away from our home as much as you do, sister, but what of Stannis's forces in the Stormlands and on Dragonstone? We can not allow them to have a clear shot at King's Landing if the Boltons fail to kill Stannis." Jaime would say, worrying about the Pro-Stannis lords in the Stormlands and on Massey's Hook.
Cersei could not think of anything to say in reply. "Damn it all, at least we control the Small Council." Cersei would finally say.
The two sibilings would continue to converse for about an hour before dispersing in separate directions.
Primary Author of The Forum Seven Guide to Location Threads
Reploid Productions wrote:It's rude to play with yourself in public.
Farnhamia wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Well, I assume Max Barry has money. So maybe he could buy a couple reporters.

He could but they don't keep for very long. A week, ten days if you keep them in the fridge, which is never convenient.
Reploid Productions wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:48 am

House Targaryen

Daenerys decided to visit Rhaegal and Viserion after not seeing them for weeks after Grey Worm reports that the dragons are not eating. She soon sees that they have grown larger and more aggressive than they were before and proclaims that it is because "Dragons do not do well in captivity." She talks of their intelligence and how the Targaryens raised and locked up their dragons, leading to their extinction, she releases them from their collars. Afterwards, Dany climbs atop Viserion back and bids him to fly ("Valad"), becoming the first Targaryen dragonrider in over a century.

Later, Daenerys finds herself far away from Meereen, atop an impressive hill in a sea of green grass. Viserion is still recovering from his fly and is uninterested in flying back. Unfortunately, he's also not interested in finding them any food. Daenerys wanders away to find something for them, but is shocked to see a trio of Dothraki bloodriders emerge. Within minutes, an entire khalasar has her surrounded. Understanding what might happen to her, she quickly removes a ring and drops it in the grass, determined to leave a trail. Viserion dissapears.

Now a prisoner of the khalasar, Daenerys is brought before their leader, Khal Moro, enduring remarks about her appearance from her captors. Out of jealousy, Moro's wives suggest killing Daenerys, though he repeatedly ignores them. Daenerys reveals her identity, but Moro laughs off her titles, saying she is nothing more than his bed slave. Daenerys refuses, revealing herself as the widow of Khal Drogo. As it is forbidden for a khal to sleep with a widowed khaleesi, Moro has a change of heart, cuts her free and promises no one will touch her. A grateful Daenerys promises to reward him with more horses if she is returned to Meereen, but Moro informs her that she will be escorted to the Temple of the Dosh Khaleen in Vaes Dothrak, a home for other widowed khaleesi.

Daenerys eventually returns to Vaes Dothrak and arrives at the Temple of the Dosh Khaleen. Inside, the other widowed khaleesis strip her of her clothing and jewelry and give her traditional Dothraki clothing. She attempts to intimidate them with her name and titles, but their leader lectures her on how Daenerys believed Khal Drogo would conquer the world with her at his side, just as they all believed the same of their own husbands before they were slain. Daenerys is then informed that she had violated Dothraki law by not immediately joining the Dosh Khaleen after Drogo died, and her fate will be decided soon by the khals at the khalar vezhven.

The High Priestess of the Dosh Khaleen introduces Dany to the other khaleesis, some of whom hate her for not being of pure blood. During her time in captivity, Daenerys befriends a young khaleesi named Ornela, a Lhazareen girl taken from her village at the age of twelve. The High Priestess gives Dany permission to relieve herself outside but sends Ornela to escort her. She tells her that this would be the only chance for her to escape but Dany says that she has a plan.

In Meereen, Ser Barristan Selmy tries to control the situation since the Queen and her dragons are gone. The Ghiscaris from New Ghis notice about the Queen's dissapearence rise new legions to attack the Dragon's Bay. Greyworm is preparing the defence while Naaharis is purging the ones supporting the Slavers from New Ghis. Knowing that the moral of the people depends on the Queen's presence Missandei and the other members of the council are praying with the Graces for her to appear if not the Legions will devour the queen's Domains.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:05 am

Queen Margaery Tyrell, Wife of King Tommen I Baratheon
The King's Own Lodgings, The Red Keep, King's Landing

Margaery gave one of those dashing smiles of hers after Tommen spoke again. This is turning out pretty easy, she told herself.
"Your Grace, my dear lord husband, I am advising you to speak with my father not because I hope he becomes your Hand, but simply because I hope you can have good, trustworthy men around you. He will help you find them, and if you see fit you may think he himself is good for the role.
As I said before, your lady mother is so busy looking after you. If you did this on your own she would be so proud afterwards, I am sure."
After thanking the King for his time, and saying her farewells graciously, Margaery left. She knew she had to speak to Lord Mace before Tommen did, and that meant she had to move fast.
Still, she couldn't allow herself to run. That Qyburn, the new master of Whisperers, was even more shady than old Varys. No doubt, he had "little birds" all over Westeros. Is she ran, people would notice and start asking questions...
Finally, she reached the Hand's lodgings, asking a Tyrell guard to let her pass. Finally, she made it into Mace's rooms.

Lord Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, High Marshal of the Reach, Warden of the South and Master of Ships to the Crown

Mace has just received news from the Reach, of his sons' fighting Euron Greyjoy's fleet of pirates. He heard a bang on his door, and a guard of his called: "Queen Margaery is here to see you, my lord."
Hoping she brought good news after speaking to the King, the Lord of Highgarden let her in eagerly. "Tell me, child" he said, holding her hands as she sat.
"Father, I just spoke to King Tommen. It seems as if we are in luck... he will speak to you and he seems inclined to name you Hand of the King!" She said, eyes bright with joy. And Mace too was joyful.
"But now father, we must prepare what you will say when he comes to you. At first, just hint at the fact that Ser Harys is a bad Hand, as I did. Tommen believes so as well, so surely he will agree and probably even ask who you think would be a better one. Then, say how he needs someone true and good to lead him while he sits on the Iron Throne, and hint at men you have made great, lords you have led in battle, lords who you have mentored and taught. He will hopefully see you can bring men into greatness. At the end, say humbly how honored you would be to serve as Hand, if you are to be chosen."
Mace reflected on the words, seeing how he could not have put it better. He hoped he would manage putting it well when the King came, too.

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:22 pm

House Targaryen

At the Khalar vezhven, Daenerys tells the gathered khals that none of them are fit to lead the Dothraki with harsh words. Daenerys declares that she will lead them herself with her iron will. After a pause, Moro and the khals burst into laughter. Dany reminds them that her husband, in the same temple in which they all now sit, declared that he would lead a Dothraki army across the Narrow Sea to retake the Iron Throne for his Khaleesi, and that all the khals have done since is raid and plunder villages in lieu of any meaningful conquest. Disgusted with her insolence, Moro declares that she will be raped by each of the khals, then by all of their bloodriders, and then, if she is still alive, by their horses.

Daenerys' broad smile deepens at his threats, and replies that they won't have to follow her because this is where they will die. She knocks over the braziers at the center of the temple, setting the entire building aflame. The khals desperately attempt to escape the rapidly spreading fire, only to find the temple's only door barred, the bodies of the two khaleen guarding it lying dead outside. Moro tries to confront Dany a final time, but she upends the last brazier on him, completing the conflagration.

As the flames climb higher, the dosh khaleen and khalasars gather in confusion. Eventually, the doors collapse and Daenerys emerges, naked and unburnt. Many of the assembled bow immediately, with the high priestess and the rest of the dosh khaleen following.

On the road back to Meereen, Daenerys stops to outline her plan to Daario for when she returns to the city, though the sellsword believes she is a conqueror more than anything else. The conversation ends when Daenerys senses something in the distance and rides ahead to investigate. A few moments later, she returns on the back of an adult Drogon, declaring all of the khalasar as her bloodriders. She then vows to lead them to conquer Westeros.

"My reign has just begun."

Astapor

The siege of Astapor formally began, and initiated with a trebuchet bombardment. The Free Cities mercenaries assaulted the walls , but the assaulters were held back by the defenders missile fire, rope nets, scalding oil, hot coals and quicklime. The Mercenaries decided against a new frontal attack, and set about mining the bulwark. The defenders countermined, fired the pit props and fell back to the countryside.

Ser Barristan Selmy leads the charge on the Harridan, a trebuchet, with all available cavalry fighters, over 500 in total, while all of the Unsullied he could replace with the Brazen Beasts to defend the walls, 5,000 in total, pour out the city gates to form a shield wall and face the most dangerous of the enemy force, which he believes are the sellsword companies from Volantis and the Disputed lands. A number of Astapor's pit fighters also join the attack, instructed to follow into the breach and cause as much mayhem in the mercenaries' tents and the enemy rear as possible. The Harridan itself is being defended by a Ghiscari legion, six thousand strong and six ranks deep, and several of the Volantese slave-soldier companies.

Barristan feints at the defense lines of the trebuchet, turning away from the spearwall of the legion guarding the trebuchet at the last minute and attacking the slaves defending the Harridan, particularly Paezhar zo Myraq's Herons. The Unsullied finish lining up outside the gates as the Yunkai'i and their allies miss their chance to counterattack them. In the air Viserion snatches and devoures corpses thrown by the Wicked Sister while corpses set fire by his flame mid-air land and indiscriminately set fire to men and horses below. Rhaegal flies over the bay and circles the clashing ships of the Volantese Fleet and Qarth.

High Republic of Portugal
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby High Republic of Portugal » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:39 pm

House Voltano
Volt, improvised barracks

Rickard stood watching the horizon from his castle's gate. Lord Randyll was coming, a messenger had announced two days before. Rickard remembered his time at Horn Hill in which he came to see Randyll as a father figure.. all the time practising and learning from him had made Rickard the military man he was today.

Horn Hill, the Tarlys' ancestral seat, was a beautiful fortress located on top of a hill, guarding the border from Dornish threats. When not practising in the ways of war, Rickard would join other young nobles in hunting and games in the nearby forest. He enjoyed his time there very much but was forced to leave it when Robert Baratheon decided the Targaryens' reign was at an end. Rickard never got to meet Lord Tarly's firstborn, Samwell, but if the stories were true, he was a much different person than his father or Rickard.

Now, Lord Voltano stood waiting for his adopted parent with his own household. Twelve veteran warriors made the core of his personal guard behind him, most of them knights. His wife Elia Dalert, from another minor House of the Reach, stood by his right side along with his still small children. On his left, he found himself near his castellan, Rupert, and the old and wrinkled Maester Dubyn as well as his cousin Flamell, captain of his forces which now numbered eight hundred and fifty.

Finally Rickard saw the red huntsman banner of House Tarly approaching. He could see that Lord Tarly had brought with him a force of a few hundred, including all his other vassal nobles. Much was to be decided in the halls of Volt, as the Tyrells themselves led the fighting westwards against the ironborn filth that had pillaged the beautiful Shield Islands of the Reach.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:45 pm

On a Ship, Going to the Shield Islands

As far as the eye could see, there were ships. On their sails were banners of every kind: grapes, flowers, suns and moons, wild animals, anything.
Willas' ship was the closest to the Shield Islands. He was the liege lord of all these men while his father was in King's Landing, so that was where he should be: at the front. The men standing behind him would land and fight, but Willas wouldn't. When he was even younger, in a tourney, Prince Oberyn Martell had shattered his left leg, and now Willas was a useless soldier but an able general.
The ship nearest to him was of House Tyrell as well, but it carried Lord Garlan and soldiers of Brightwater Keep, who had no ships of their own. Garlan would be the real leader once the fighting started. He was the best warrior of the Reach, and a brave man as well, known as the "Gallant".

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Daegon had been laying low since his return to Meereen. Upon his arrival he had received word from his advance forces that the Queen had left the city on the back of one of her dragons, since then she had been missing, no word had been received as to her whereabouts. Daegon had little to do, not being a member of the Queen's council, and being left out of military meetings due to Ser Barristan's mistrust of Blackfyre's

As a result of Daenerys' absence the Ghiscari had began to grow bold in their defiance of the Queen and her council. The tension culminated at Astapor, and Ser Barristan ordered Daegon to send with him four of his six Maniples and their Captains. Begrudgingly, Daegon relinquished them, sending four of his Captains, Solf the Snake-Nose, Wilhain Storm, Unslain Aberth and Treon Red-Tooth. Remaining in Meereen was Daegon's personal Maniple, his marshal, Weiand Waters and the maniple formerly belonging to Emon of the Flails. The men from Daegon's maniple would remain in the city, while his newly appointed captain, Wenzel Waters, patrolled the surrounding area to provide intelligence, as well as recruit new mercenaries to recoup the losses from the Battle of Hazzat.
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nasaira
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:41 pm

GRIFFINS ROOST

The salt sea air made the boys silver hair flow in the wind removing it from his face. The breeze brought a certain comfort with it, the journey from Essos to Westeros had been a difficult one filled with many dangers, and the siege was his first true test at leadership. But with the successful siege of Griffins Roost Aegon had entered the dangerous game of thrones.

Leaving the balcony that overlooked ship breaker bay Aegon entered a small study where the closest members of his inner circle had gathered. "Your Grace this is a great victory and shows the rest of the realm the true might of the dragon" spoke one Captain.

"A great victory would of been to avoid war and taken my throne through peace." A heavy look came upon Aegon's face. "Stannis still pushes his claim for the throne, the Lannisters and murderers of my family dine at what should be my dinner table, and now this false King Euron Greyjoy ravage my vassals in the reach."

Aegon took a seat at a table in the room sipping on a cup of wine. "Everyone but Varys and Griff leave." Aegon motioned in the air with his hand, at once the room emptied with the only other people left in the room was Varys, Griff, and the young king Aegon.

Aegon sat in the chair and looked a the two men with a slight smile. "Pleas my friends takle a seat, we have much to discuss." Varys was the first to be seated followed closely by Lord Connigton. "Please pour yourselves some wine, we are celebrating a victory my friends." Aegon said with a slight smile on his face and kindness in his voice.

Aegon then looked at Jon Connignton "Lord Connington I know we still have a long war ahead of us but I want to reward your steadfastness. Lord Connington from this day forward I proclaim you Lord paramount of the stormlands, this is a title you will bear and pass down to your children from this until the end of days."

Jon Connignton immediately took a knee " Your grace you honor me greatly, pledge to you that my sword is yours from this day until my last day." Aegon then spoke "Arise Lord Connington, send Ravens to all the lords of th Stormlands. Inform them hat their rightful king as appointed you as the na lord paramount, and inform them to stop following the pretender Stannis Baratheon."

Aegon then tuned his attention to Varys, "What is the situation in the reach Lord Varys?" Varys cleared his throat then in a soft tone began to speak. "Your grace, my little birds tell me that the pretender Euron Greyjoy reaves the shield islands and has his sight set on Old Town itself." The young king sat ham in his chair and calmly taking a drink from his cup before replying to Varys. " I will write a letter to Mace Tyrell and pledge our support to him in the defense of his lands."

"YOUR GRACE!" Jon Connington yelled as he stood straight up from his chair. "The Tyrell's are our enemies, Mace Tyrell's daughter is married to the pretender Tommen Baratheon. Besides your grace we only have ten thousands men!"

Aegon calmly replied back to Jon Connington. " I am charge with the protection of my vassals I am the protector of the realm. How can I ask any of the lords to fight for me if I do not do my duty and protect them. Mace Tyrell supported my father and grandfather during the Roberts Rebellion. My father didn't live to see that Mace was rewarded, I will reward his loyalty to my family abandoning him now. And my friend we will have many more men when the storm lords raise their banners for their true king. Varys please ensure that this letter is received by Mace Tyrell."

Mace Tyrell,

I hope this letter find you in good health in these troubling times of war and deceit. You may have heard the rumors of my arrival and I want to be the first to confirm these rumors to you as true. I am the blood of the dragon, I am Rhaegars son and heir. You have always been a loyal servant to the crown and to my family. I am the protector of the realm and I have heard of the troubles you face, I pledge as your king that I am rallying my men to your cause, to protect your lands from the false King Euron. Hopefully one I hope to meet you, a friend that my grandfather and father could always count on. And I hope to meet your beautiful daughter as well.

Signed his grace,
Aegon of House Targaryen
King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.

OOC: sorry for the bad format, I'm on a mobile

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:15 pm

Nasaira wrote:GRIFFINS ROOST

The salt sea air made the boys silver hair flow in the wind removing it from his face. The breeze brought a certain comfort with it, the journey from Essos to Westeros had been a difficult one filled with many dangers, and the siege was his first true test at leadership. But with the successful siege of Griffins Roost Aegon had entered the dangerous game of thrones.

Leaving the balcony that overlooked ship breaker bay Aegon entered a small study where the closest members of his inner circle had gathered. "Your Grace this is a great victory and shows the rest of the realm the true might of the dragon" spoke one Captain.

"A great victory would of been to avoid war and taken my throne through peace." A heavy look came upon Aegon's face. "Stannis still pushes his claim for the throne, the Lannisters and murderers of my family dine at what should be my dinner table, and now this false King Euron Greyjoy ravage my vassals in the reach."

Aegon took a seat at a table in the room sipping on a cup of wine. "Everyone but Varys and Griff leave." Aegon motioned in the air with his hand, at once the room emptied with the only other people left in the room was Varys, Griff, and the young king Aegon.

Aegon sat in the chair and looked a the two men with a slight smile. "Pleas my friends takle a seat, we have much to discuss." Varys was the first to be seated followed closely by Lord Connigton. "Please pour yourselves some wine, we are celebrating a victory my friends." Aegon said with a slight smile on his face and kindness in his voice.

Aegon then looked at Jon Connignton "Lord Connington I know we still have a long war ahead of us but I want to reward your steadfastness. Lord Connington from this day forward I proclaim you Lord paramount of the stormlands, this is a title you will bear and pass down to your children from this until the end of days."

Jon Connignton immediately took a knee " Your grace you honor me greatly, pledge to you that my sword is yours from this day until my last day." Aegon then spoke "Arise Lord Connington, send Ravens to all the lords of th Stormlands. Inform them hat their rightful king as appointed you as the na lord paramount, and inform them to stop following the pretender Stannis Baratheon."

Aegon then tuned his attention to Varys, "What is the situation in the reach Lord Varys?" Varys cleared his throat then in a soft tone began to speak. "Your grace, my little birds tell me that the pretender Euron Greyjoy reaves the shield islands and has his sight set on Old Town itself." The young king sat ham in his chair and calmly taking a drink from his cup before replying to Varys. " I will write a letter to Mace Tyrell and pledge our support to him in the defense of his lands."

"YOUR GRACE!" Jon Connington yelled as he stood straight up from his chair. "The Tyrell's are our enemies, Mace Tyrell's daughter is married to the pretender Tommen Baratheon. Besides your grace we only have ten thousands men!"

Aegon calmly replied back to Jon Connington. " I am charge with the protection of my vassals I am the protector of the realm. How can I ask any of the lords to fight for me if I do not do my duty and protect them. Mace Tyrell supported my father and grandfather during the Roberts Rebellion. My father didn't live to see that Mace was rewarded, I will reward his loyalty to my family abandoning him now. And my friend we will have many more men when the storm lords raise their banners for their true king. Varys please ensure that this letter is received by Mace Tyrell."

Mace Tyrell,

I hope this letter find you in good health in these troubling times of war and deceit. You may have heard the rumors of my arrival and I want to be the first to confirm these rumors to you as true. I am the blood of the dragon, I am Rhaegars son and heir. You have always been a loyal servant to the crown and to my family. I am the protector of the realm and I have heard of the troubles you face, I pledge as your king that I am rallying my men to your cause, to protect your lands from the false King Euron. Hopefully one I hope to meet you, a friend that my grandfather and father could always count on. And I hope to meet your beautiful daughter as well.

Signed his grace,
Aegon of House Targaryen
King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.

OOC: sorry for the bad format, I'm on a mobile

Lord Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, High Marshal of the Reach, Warden of the South, and Master of Ships to the Crown

Margaery was still with Lord Mace, in his lodgings, when the man's steward knocked on the door. "M'lord, a raven for you, from Griffin's Roost."
Griffin's Roost?! That's in the hands of the Young Griff! Thought Mace startled when he heard that. "Uh, c-come in, please." He said. Across the room, Margaery seemed just as shocked.
And indeed, the letter had the Targaryen sigil in it, Mace hadn't seen it for so many years...
He opened it, and read it wide-eyed.
"What is it, father?" Asked Margaery. The words angered and gave hope to Mace at the same time. The damn Targaryen had sent the raven to King's Landing, and Pycelle could have found it. It was a lucky day, if it hadn't been, by now Cersei would know of the letter.
"Margaery, it is Aegon Targaryen. He is alive and in the Stormlands, they weren't simply rumors. He tells us he will help fight Euron Greyjoy, but no doubt he wishes us to raise our banners when he calls. He wishes to be King."
"Father," said the Queen, coming even closer, "we must do this. At the moment, King's Landing is a nest of vipers. The Lannisters are not truly our friends, they will kill us the moment they don't need us anymore. On the other hand, if you help this Targaryen, he will be grateful. You must make requests in your reply, and say we will only accept all this on some conditions."
Mace took quill and paper, and wrote:
Your Grace,
You cannot understand how good it is to hear you. The Reach fought loyally for your father years back, and we are ready to stand next to you again.
It would be wonderful if you and the Golden Company went to help my sons against the Ironborn, and we would be ever-grateful.
Firstly, I swear to you that we will raise our banners in your name when you call us. The Lannisters, for it is truly they who rule, are not welcome on the Iron Throne. Up to now we have simply done what we had to survive. Secondly, I offer my daughter Margaery's hand to you. When you will rule, I would be honored to see my daughter stand next to you.
Still, you must understand that our situation is more than dangerous. I and Margaery are in King's Landing, and it is hard for us to get out. Thus, I have some requests for you:
When you have won the oncoming war, I beg you to give over a southern part of the Westerlands to House Tyrell. They are traitors and should lose all they have stolen, ever. Then, I wish for my son Ser Loras to be the Lord Commander of your Kingsguard. He is a fine knight, and will never let any harm come to you.
Furthermore, I urge you to speak to House Martell. They could end up being your followers in this war, as well.
Kind Regards,
Your humble vassal, Lord Mace Tyrell of Highgarden

"Very well, my dear daughter," said Mace turning back to Margaery, "you can go now. Please call in my steward on the way."
Once Margaery had left and Mace's steward had come back in, the letter was given to him. He was to send it personally, without handing it to Grand Maester Pycelle.
Now all Mace could do is hope.

Nasaira
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:36 pm

Aegon sat at his table and wrote another letter, this one to Doran Martell in Sunspear.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Uncle,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and high spirits. I'm sure there is doubt about my true identity but let me assure that I am truly Rhaegar and Elia's son Aegon of the house Targaryen. Varys was able to smuggle me out of Kings Landing before the sacking and hide me in Esso until I came of age. This letter is not to ask for support or to beg for you to place me on the throne. I will take my kingdom back from the usurpers. Uncle I pledge to you that I will avenge all of the wrongs done to our family by the Lannisters. Once this war is over I hope to have you at my dinner table to finally meet you, you are the last of my family.

Signed his grace,
Aegon of House Targaryen

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse