NATION

PASSWORD

The Hunger ( IC, OPEN )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

The Hunger ( IC, OPEN )

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:35 am

January 22nd, 2022

Good morning, I am Bruce shandler - and I am Denise Brown - and here are today's top stories:

Denise turns to Camera: The mass migration of people from the northern part of South America is now being regarded as the largest human migration since the migrant crisis into Europe in the mid 2000 teens. Over 13.5 million people have made the dangerous journey through the Amazon rain forest, with suspected thousands of casualties along the way, towards the eastern coast of Brazil. The huge number of refugees have been pour into the Eastern regions of the nation seemingly over night, and with a constant stream of more and more refugees coming out of the northern part of the continent, many more are expected to arrive in the coming months.

Similarly, we see around 13 million of these same refugees traveling through Central America and Mexico, in an attempts to reach the southern border of the United States. Every region which they have traveled through thus far has experienced a serious spike in crime, as well as spikes in nearly every commodity. Now, as they reach the American border, fears from within the nation have risen about weather or not the United States sustain a suddenly doubled illegal immigrant population.

Bruce turns to Camera: With nearly ISIS hold out having been cleared out, the governments of Syria and Iraq continue in their efforts of rebuilding. The Iraqi government however, has as of yet been unsuccessful in retaking back the Mosul region and in turn their vital oil fields, from the Kurdish Peshmerga forces. Most analysts say that without the Mosul oil fields, Iraq will have absolutely no chance in rebuilding their nation. With this in mind, and a seemingly unyielding Peshmerga, Iraq could soon be plunged into yet another civil war.

Syria is also having difficulties in their rebuilding efforts. With the mass migration of huge swaths of their population, and international sanctions against the government, the government is having difficulty in finding the manpower or the capital in order to rebuild their devasted nation. They have received nearly 3 billion dollars in aid from Hezbollah, Russia, and Iran, but weather or not this will be enough to provide a firm foundation for reconstruction, is yet to be seen.

Denise turns to camera: And finally, we take a further look at the disease which is ravishing much of the worlds food supply, tantum pupilli. As of this week, scientists from the WHO have sent the BBC a list of the new nations affected by tantum pupilli. It reads: the US, the UK, China, Russia, Vietnam, South Korea, France, Ethiopia, Mexico, Canada, Afghanistan, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, New Zealand, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Peru, Spain, Holland, and Algeria. It should be noted that no more than 1% of total food production has been lost in any mentioned nation, but that number is expected to grow in the near future. Scientists are still searching for a cure for the disease. Be aware of the signs which indicate tantum pupilli: dry and shriveled skin indicating lack of water; blue fungus like growths; and the smell of rotting bananas. Tantum pupilli is as of now, able to infect nearly every major cereal crop currently in usage. Be aware of the signs, and if spotted, immedieantly contact local authorities.

That is all for this morning, and we shall see you tomorrow.

IC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=386466
Last edited by Republic of the Cristo on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:35 am

Damascus, Syria

Slow rebuilding . . . plus plant disease . . . you're kidding, right? The Syrian president found it hard to keep his comments to himself while listening to reports. It looked like that although Syria wasn't at war anymore, they'd soon be at war with their own stomachs if this disease made its way into their crops.

Assad was shown a clip from the BBC describing the disease--tantum pupilli, it was being called, characterized as a blue fungus that smelled like rotten bananas. When the clip was over, Assad realized he had two choices in front of them, and could only pick one: halt rebuilding efforts to save money in combatting this disease, or continue rebuilding efforts, risking exposure to the disease. Either one had negative consequences attached to it. There was no way he could compromise; trying to do both was too expensive. There was no way the West would help him, and most of his allies were probably considering him to be a leech now.

He was caught between a rock and a hard place. He didn't know who to turn to for help, nor did he know what to do. Even if he did know what to do, he didn't have the resources to stop a mass starvation.

The last thing he wanted to do was make the West think he was hoarding food and keeping it from civilians. I'll starve first, if I have to. He knew that would be a bad idea, because if he died, Syria would collapse into another war. I've got only one chance. Someone's bound to want to help me. If not . . . I'm on my own. Again.
Pro: Trump, Assad, Putin, guns, death penalty, Israel, religion, chocolate, me
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

This 10,000 [insert random thing here] genocide thing is a meme, right?

The Best of Assad in 2016

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Washington D.C, United States

"My fellow Americans. What we face before us has deadly potential. The potential to leave the world hungry and empty. The potential to end nations and peoples. The potential to end civilization and agriculture as we know it. Though what this thing doesn't have is the might and spirit of the Human race. We have survived the Dust Bowl, the Potato Famine, and the black death. We survived ice ages, and two world wars. We as humans settled the frontiers of Earth, and have survived anything nature can throw at us. The United States will not allow this plague to destroy the basic source of survival, though should we fail. I am confidant that we, as the American people, will survive this disease that ravages crops and destroys agriculture almost everywhere. That we will survive and rebuild from the scourge it may bring." As the Presidents televised speech ended he walked away from the podium, where vice president Frank Whitfield followed him by the side, saying "You did good, the people loved it!" Sullivan turned to him and replied "I sure hope so." as they continued away from the stage.

Mexican border, Texas, United States

Texas has declared a state of Emergency in response to the mass migration from Colombia, Venezuela, and Ecuador. Around the country many fear the economic stress 13 million refugees could bring, and several have become very vocal about the issue, including former U.S President Donald Trump. The pressures and pattern seen upon the areas the migrants placed upon Central America pushed the Governor of Texas Brandon Kiser, the first state the migrants would enter, to summon the National Guard to keep them out of American territory. Setting up camps along the Rio Grande and overall skyrocketing the border patrol to keep out as many as they could. Citizenship, asylum requests, and visas all still qualified, and those with them were sent to stations where they would be accepted and allowed into the US. While not all follow the legal way, trying to cross the border in the night, it is hoped those who legally can enter will do so, and anyone trying to enter illegally will be prevented from doing so.
Last edited by Imperial Idaho on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:37 pm

The Presidential Palace
5A Street 6 Avenue y 6 Street - Zone 1
Guatemala City, Guatemala

President Jimmy Morales was simply tired of the mess the country was in. His jokester self had died when the disease was reported in Guatemala and now he knew what he had to do.

"Burn them all! Burn the entire crop fields where it was found. I am not risking Guatemala! Shut down the borders and send the military to actually do something. America is doing the right thing and so should we. Stop anyone and don't let anyone if they don't have papers. Contact me the other Central American countries - and bring in the radical Javier. He may prove useful. Also, I want the Ministry of Health at all airports and shipping ports."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:02 am

Damascus, Syria

A man stepped into the room, clicked his heels, and turned to face a tired-looking President Assad. "Sir, every border checkpoint around Syria has been locked down, and we've increased military presence at unguarded areas."

"Good. You may take your leave." Assad waited for the man to leave before standing up and staring aimlessly out the window. He had made his decision. Aid money was being put toward keeping this crop disease out of Syria. Rebuilding would be all for nothing if it got in.

No one in the West was likely to help him, but Assad was willing to risk the American president humiliating him for no reason in order to get supplies. He put in the number to the Oval Office, and waited, patiently and nervously.
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:16 pm

Oval Office, District of Columbia, United States

Sullivan picked up the phone, wanting a break from the current crisis repair. "Go for POTUS."
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:37 am

Imperial Idaho wrote:Oval Office, District of Columbia, United States

Sullivan picked up the phone, wanting a break from the current crisis repair. "Go for POTUS."

"This is President Assad. Listen, we need to put the past behind us. I've halted rebuilding efforts in order to keep this disease out of Syria. I don't know what to do next. As of now, all our food is clean, and we've sealed our borders, but we can't live like this forever. I need help."

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:05 am

Assad? I should've checked who was calling first... "Your looking for advice? I have a boatload of problems right now incase you can't tell. Why ask the United States for help of all places?"

(Image)

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:12 am

Assad? I should've checked who was calling first... "Your looking for advice? I have a boatload of problems right now incase you can't tell. Why ask the United States for help of all places?"

Assad bit his lip. "Yeah . . . I'm looking for advice. Um, I honestly . . . I have no way of combatting this disease, and . . . I don't think it would hurt you to repair relations, in one way or another."

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:19 pm

Sullivan thought for a moment, then said "Look, you need population and money to be able to both keep the plague out of your country and rebuild from your civil war. You may not need to do an expensive lock down of the entire border, once it's known how this thing spreads all you really have to do is heavily monitor and search all agricultural imports, assuming that is how it spreads. Else for population, you can figure that yourself."

(Image)

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Sullivan thought for a moment, then said "Look, you need population and money to be able to both keep the plague out of your country and rebuild from your civil war. You may not need to do an expensive lock down of the entire border, once it's known how this thing spreads all you really have to do is heavily monitor and search all agricultural imports, assuming that is how it spreads. Else for population, you can figure that yourself."

"I don't want to put my people at risk by opening the border, but I also don't want to starve--well, I can starve, if it makes you happy. Getting food to the people is more important."

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:34 pm

"I'm not some kind of sadist. You will suffer under isolation, while I'm not all too familiar with Syrian agriculture I'm sure you either already do or will end up buying from someone else, you ought to have money to feed your people before it gets too bad." The President began clearing some papers off his desk with his left hand as he talked to Assad on the phone with his right.

(Image)

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:46 am

"I'm not some kind of sadist. You will suffer under isolation, while I'm not all too familiar with Syrian agriculture I'm sure you either already do or will end up buying from someone else, you ought to have money to feed your people before it gets too bad." The President began clearing some papers off his desk with his left hand as he talked to Assad on the phone with his right.

"Agriculture was one of our biggest exports before the war. Now, no one wants to buy from us, so we've been keeping it to ourselves. We don't have any oil of our own, so we have nothing to sell or trade."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse