NATION

PASSWORD

Sailor Moon: Apocalypse: Dark Kingdom Arc (IC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Sailor Moon: Apocalypse: Dark Kingdom Arc (IC/OPEN)

Postby Britanania » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:17 pm

OOC Link: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=386309
Introduction

Being the revived souls of an ancient empire that fell due to a war against cosmic gods from before time, the newly dubbed Sailor Scouts must now return to their ancient mission to restore their former empire, but things are not as they were before. For in their eons old slumber the very universe that they once called home has changed drastically, now being remnants of both a lost empire and universe, the sailor scouts most face against the forces of darkness in a world that is very much alien to them as they are to it...

The Silver Millennium

It was a time of peace and prosperity...

The Silver Millennium, a Solar System wide Empire ruled by the wise, beautiful, and benevolent Queen Serenity, presided over the greatest period in galactic history. But alas, being a gem surrounded by darkness naturally attracted the worst of foes...

The war against the Invaders dragged for what seemed like eons along the border until by treachery the very heart of the Silver Millennium was struck. As her kingdom began to perish Queen Serenity looked on at sadness before turning to her two advisers.

"At all cost, you must protect the Silver Crystal and our Princess..."

Tokyo, in the not too distant future...

The ringing of the alarm buzzed into Taiga's ears not unlike a swarm of hornets.

5 A.M.

The young woman groaned at the sound, reaching around near her nightstand trying to find the clock. Finally grabbing it, Taiga fiddled around until she found the cord and yanked it away from the outlet. Satisfied with the results of her work, Taiga lifted from her bed, mummy like. She removed her night-mask and slithered towards the bathroom.

It was the first day of classes; the first of her freshmen year at the University of Tokyo.

Of course that means I need to look especially look beautiful.

Two hours later Taiga, satisfied with how she looked, blew herself a kiss in the mirror and left the apartment her father rented for her. Waling her way to the metro, the freshmen happened to spot an odd looking cat sitting on a wall. The cat was black, but with a golden crescent on its forehead.

"Huh, strange looking cat," she said aloud, before tunring her attention back to more important matters: namely, where to sit so she could look at all the cute boys. Giggling to herself as she walked, Taiga never even noticed the cat following her...
Last edited by Britanania on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:23 pm

Elaine

Stooped over a row of flowers; gently sprinkling with them water... And ignoring the stares the airport-goers were giving her. She'd "detected a disturbance in the force" a few hours earlier, and now, she was heading over there to go check it out. Toyko wasn't her first choice of places to go, but she'd been told that was where it was by multiple sources; credible or not, and it wasn't quite a decision per-se to go or not. It was more like a.... An instinctive action to check out the ludicrously dangerous being that had probably awoken.

A hand cupped over a small chrysanthemum, she lifted her hand, and the flower bloomed along with it. Nobody really noticed, or cared. Probably because suspension of belief was so easy to come by as a resource these days.

"Now Boarding; Tokyo, flight 571."

Heading towards her departure lounge, Elaine briefly opened the velvet case; the brightly glowing yellow flower inside blooming as usual. Taking a gentle whiff of the pollen, she felt a sense of ease and calm fall over her, as she stepped aboard the plane; towing a short, stout suitcase behind her.

"Anything to announce, madame?"

"Oh, nothing. I'm not carrying anything really."
Last edited by Hank J Wimbleton on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have gazed beyond the bounds of infinity, the folds of reality that keep us entombed in disillusion, hiding us from the treasures of ultimate knowledge, and thus, ultimate power.

If knowledge is power, then we are all powerless and the universe is god.

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:11 am

Isaac D'Estreta
Isaac's Room
Tokyo Metropolitan Central Library

Isaac's eyes twitched once. Twice. Three times. A long, drawn-out moan pulled itself unwillingly from his lips as he turned in the bed, eyes opening blearily to look out over the small room. A clock on the wall glared at him, arms swinging sternly towards six o'clock. For a few seconds he stared blankly at it, mind still waking up and processing the information. Then, with another moan of reluctance, he threw the sheets off of his body and rolled out of the bed. Crossing briskly to the small wardrobe, he pulled out a dark suit and threw it onto the bed, pyjamas falling next to them as he pulled on boxers. Next on was the trousers, then the shirt, then the rest of the suit.

Glancing in the mirror, he sighed to himself. His hair wasn't an absolute mess, but it was more ruffled than he'd like it to be at this point. Still, he could deal wit that during his breakfast break at eight. Right now, he had to open up the library for six. Grabbing his identification card, he burst out of the small room and onto the narrow, wooden stairs which would take him down into the library proper. Reaching the bottom, he ran his card through the card-reader and opened the door, emerging into a dark room filled with rows of shelves. Racing to the end of the room, Isaac hit the light switch, strip lights above winking into existence and shining down on the rows below.

Heading out into the main corridor, Isaac heard the door click shut behind him and the card reader buzz into life before he headed off on a well-practiced route, ducking into the non-restricted Wings and switching on the lights before skittering down the stone stairwell onto the ground floor and switching the lights to the main library area on. As the shadows of the room disintegrated under the harsh glare of the lights, Isaac ducked behind the desk, took the brass key and headed to the double-doors which provided the main entrance to the library. Inserting it in, he turned it with a heavy thunk and turned the sign on the door to open. And then he retreated to the main desk and waited for the few customers who would arrive.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:20 am

It's an odd thing, although in its own right one could find anything in this wide world of ours and define it as an oddity.
The environment, the planetary structure, the core of molten nickle at in its revolutions creates a magnetic force of attraction and division, even memory and amnesia.
Which begs the question, why do people forget? Why do we keep muscle memory and instincts but may forget if we left our keys on the coffee table...

I am but a man, one who has tried to keep his life simple in design but complex in my wants and needs. Like "you" I've bled from a paper cut and scraped my knees from a fall.
I've watched as my platelets formed a crusty bandage and watched as cells performed mitosis to heal the abrasive flesh.
I've; for a short time was truly loved and have found more loss then any one man should ever have to bare.
And yet 'time' will keep ticking as it always has. As it's invisible hands stretching onward into infinity, and as for 'I'...
As for 'I', well I will continue to live, observe and record just as I always have done within the pages of this ever growing book...
If I had the limitless power, I would secure a continuous peace.
I would bless safety in all its passages to follow all you small children as you crawl on the surface.
Working through the years to stand on your own two legs, looking towards your dreams, building hopes, creating bonds and family's.
But I am one man, one man who has wealth in all its imaginations, but unlike you precious children I am alone.

You could never empathize with my struggles, you could never begin to understand the depth of my loss... But I can guaranty you will play a story, you will with certainty fill within this book a page that will chronicle your story, tell your tales of life and loss, record your family tree unto is but dust and ash...

For with certain truth, "I" shall give you the gift of immortality, An immortality that no one shale ever know, but me...
For I am the "Silver eyed mage",
The chronicler of tales.
The thief of life and the giver of miracles...
The Immortal... with no place to die.

For my name is Damilus Wilt...
And I, will take you with me into Oblivion.

~From the memoirs of Damilus Wilt.
Page# 00000001
Last Edit# 45872: @ 05:05:34:59 4/06/Y.233
Current Day: 85,194, April 6th. 05:01

Damilus Wilt
Ashe Holz Hospice Center

It was the crack of crows piss, that was the most correct interpretation of time that had fit the hidden dictionary of Damilus Wilt.
For some this was the beginning, the moment of the day as adults young and old might have rose to the sounds of noisy alarms blaring from phones, and alarm clocks.
This was the moment of the day when a new beginning could be filled with hope's and dreams, or be dragged along the cobblestones and coals of reality, bleak and proper. For Damilus Wilt the words bleak and proper could quite literally fill the mainstay of his days if he had let it, but when your about to celebrate your two hundred and thirty fourth birthday in a little over a months time.
One couldn't help but get a little giddy about it if they kept their youthfulness about it.
But for the current Damilus who sat within a lavish and comfy 18th century replica wooden oak and deer hide leather chair behind a elegant but imposing redwood desk. Pouring over a old mystical looking black book with a etched and detailed black leather cover and a design of a silver snake eating its own tail on the front and back covers.
If one could take notice the pure white looking room with tiled flooring and cherry wood bookshelf's littered with files and a massive collection of medical books and published papers.
One could tell that its owner was either a massive bibliophile, or someone very important... However as Damilus sat in his lonesome with an old fashioned feather quill in hand with a bottle of ink nearby. Damilus kept a quiet air about him as she stared into the bleached sun soaked pages of the black book and then lightly sighed as he tore his eyes away from the pages and softly closed the book with his left hand and placed the quill into a holder near the ink.

Slowly Damilus looked about his office room, his face looking tired and yet within his eyes there was neither trace of exhaustion or restlessness.
and they held a calm quiet composed air as his shining silver pupils rolled softly across his shelves and rested onto his door which would lead to a short hallway and to a stairwell on the left which would lead into the onsite personnel quarters on the second floor, further down one would enter the main center which housed the tenants of his pride and joy. The Ashe Holz Hospice center, which housed impressive total of 200+ beds and was built into the mountain side of Fuji.
Although he had at first had trouble getting land permits, with a little help from friends and a little bribery, Damilus had successfully built his hideaway and workplace within the far reaches of the east. Now Ashe Holz was while in design a master piece of relaxation for the elderly to live within whilest still feeling like the home they once had know and loved. It's true worth laid underground which hid a complex network of tunnels and subterranean farms which kept the large food costs lower. Over head Damilus had made use of solar power to keep the costs of electricity to a potential minimum.
But as the still somewhat blocky three tiered building stood alone in a clearing of forest and wooded areas with only a well kept main road large enough for coming and goings. Damilus lightly looked from one of his window out over the still night sky from his "Tower" from his lofty chair and sighed lightly looking at the light pollution of distant Tokyo. Slowly Damilus found himself tapping lightly on his desk as he looked at the far away cityscape and further sighed as he removed himself from his chair and quietly walked over to a calendar attached to his north facing wall, his hands reached into his inside coat pocket and pulled out a pair of fancy glasses and place them onto his head as he looked at the page still displaying March.
As he quietly flipped over one page of dates filled with reminders and appointments. Another page appeared akin to its predecessor as Damilus quietly attached stucko to the page to keep it from moving and then chased the current date and looked at his watch displaying 5:08 am.

It was to be a more quiet day as Damilus went over his itinerary, some small appointments here and there. A meeting with the Sakarabe family and a lunch with it's president who he'd now had the comfort of knowing for several years. And in a few days their was to be some university ceremony which he would have to participate in as one of the "Professors", although an honorary title if any at that.
Still it kept his mind free from sheer boredom and his days painted with shades of vibrant color.
And that was the Key, if Damilus didn't keep himself busy... What may be a single day now could suddenly otherwise turn into several years without his knowledge.

As a small smile crept on Damilus's face he lightly huffed and then with his medical garbs still on as they always were. He quietly left his "tower" and walked silently through his castle had headed towards the kitchen where the morning shift workers would be getting started on making breakfast for the resident's. It wouldn't be hard for him to get a meal when he supplied the rice. And as Damilus quietly entered the kitchen after a few minutes walk through quiet and sanitary white halls of his treasure.
His staff as usual had already known somehow of his impending arrival and had a simple western breakfast of scrambled eggs mixed with fresh mango curry from the night before and teriyaki sauce infused into it with two slices of french toast and a side of sliced apples and juice of some variety on a tray for him on the counter.

Quietly Damilus smiled at the staff of ten who steadily focused on the massive prep work that would be served in a few hours to the 200 plus tenants and staffers. And silently left as they lightly for a moment nodded in his direction and watched him quietly go without too many words.
After a few moments from leaving the kitchen, Damilus reached the break room which was still mostly cloaked in black without its lights turned on and lightly entered from the hinged double doors and took a place seat near the brightening window and lightly looked towards the lawn and then began eating his breakfast alone.

As Damilus quietly chewed on the soft scrambled eggs, he quietly wondered what sort of delicacy the Sakurabe family would try serving him this time at lunch. Although he enjoyed their gratitude for the incident from several years ago he couldn't help thinking that they put far too much effort into the debt that they owed him.
It wasn't like Damilus would ask for their first born sons like some crazed god, the truth was he was simply happy to have been able to save a life.
Although if he had known that the life he'd saved was responsible for the death and ruination of so many others.
He would have surely "reaped" the President of the Sakurabe family then and there and would have continued on his way as if it had been as easy as stepping on a ant and crushing it underneath. But at that moment it hadn't mattered to Damilus freshly arrived in the country weather the life that was saved was painted in pitch black.

Quietly as Damilus's fork lightly clinked on the plate as he lightly scooped eggs and toast into his mouth, the sound of a group of people neared the break room and then entered as they flicked on the lights and blinded Damilus unintentionally. Of course seeing his appearance suddenly in the rush of free light, someone screamed in fright and dropped their tray of breakfast and then loudly screamed towards him.

"What the Hell Mr. Wilt... What are you sitting in the dark for, are you trying to kill us from a heart attack?... or do you just enjoy scaring your co workers everyday... God your useless, why are you even working here?"

As Damilus slowly found his eyes pressing in on the group that had walked in was in reality some of his employees, although in reality they didn't know that he was their boss. In fact only the head nurse, the doctors and the kitchen staff knew who Damilus really was. But for the tenets and for the majority of employees they only knew him as Mr. Wilt Devin's an in house H.C.A. caring for tenets #1-16 of his rotation.
As Damilus quietly looked at the group who had entered, his voice took a light but apologetic tone as he stared to face his "coworkers" and spoke.
They were a regularly loud group of twenty twenty somethings, recent additions to the employee files hired a few months ago from one of the training colleges.

Regularly this would have only gone as far as work experience, but on the initial reports Damilus read through were extremely positive, and they had held glowing reviews from the able tenets and even the head nurse. But the moment they had been offered a job, their work ethic while still extremely positive had been suddenly only been to standard level, and while that was good. His Ashe Holz did have a written policy that residents were akin to extended family.
They had a duty to care and walk with the tenets in their ending journeys, but were to not directly interfere with the family or impose their views or standards.

And after there initial meeting as fellow HCA's their attitude towards himself had been less then stellar, and the good things he'd heard of their work efficiency felt like ash and shit had been force fed into his mouth to the point he regretted hiring them. But he was a fair boss and had given them chances to 'improve' their attitudes and ethics through written letters, their fate was now in their own hands, and that had been issued weeks ago...
But while there ethics had surged knowing that the 'boss' was watching... they never had considered that the "Boss" was one of the very people they chose to talk down too behind closed doors. and had continued their derogatory harassment.

"Ah, i'm sorry Ms. Toki, i didn't mean to scare you... I'll remember to turn the light on next time, but the incoming sun rise was suppose to be quite beautiful, i had wanted to watch it... let me pay for a new meal, just tell the kitchen staff they'll understand if you use my name."

"I had wanted to watch it... Of Mr. Wilt, your such a romantic individual, what are you forty?... who watches the sun rise anymore... and why does everyone treat you like some big shot huh?
Use my name this, use my name that, if you were so freaking important then tell me, Mr. Wilt, why is it that in the six years you've been here you haven't received a promotion or even gotten a raise?"

Damilus lightly scratched his head and played the "fool" as if embarrassed by such a fact that he hadn't gotten a raise in years. Although the story of him being one of the founding staff members was widely known, most had thought that he didn't have the ability to climb through the ranks and while a dedicated and hard worker would remain at the bottom of the barrel until eventually fired.
The reality however was that being a doctor didn't suit Damilus's needs, who craved interaction with his patents from a more personal level... and with his... talents* he could unseeingly proform his brand of miracles.

As Damilus spoke however his voice took a slightly depressed tone but was still somewhat cheerful and calm as she spoke towards the group.
however with his eyes as he looked at them he took notice of their uniform appearance. Had their tag's been in the proper place, where the uniforms clean... was their appearance sanitary for the safety of the clients who they could potentially kill with the slightest error...
Slowly however the group sat down at a nearby table to Damilus as one of the young workers turned to go get a new tray of breakfast and left the break room.

"I'm not the type to be concerned about raises or money, that's why I live in the same building as the clients, so I could be available at all times. Their needs and wants, I enjoy fulfilling them to the best of my ability, and when seeing a happy smile on their faces even though they could die within a few hours... to me is the greatest reward possible, being able to bring peace of mind and listen to there experiences no matter how often they might tell the same story."

And then condescendingly one of the women, a brunette with her hair in a ponytail with hair easily touching the back of her uniform collar then looked in Damilus's Direction and then spoke arrogantly about one of the clients angrily obviously fed up about something which had a fire lit under it after Damilus pointed out his view.

"Ya, if you enjoy hearing about there lives so much, why don't you listen to Mr. Jeffery Han talk about his best friend a few hundred times and tell me how you feel then you jack ass... greatest reward my foot I hope that old man kicks the bucket as soon as possible so I don't have to hear about... "

Damilus then felt something freeze within him as he heard the woman speak, it wasn't like he didn't understand her stress, however the moment she had wished for one of their precious clients to kick the bucket. Damilus lightly rose from his seat and then finished her sentence cutting her completely off and walked towards them quietly stopped at the edge of the table and stared extremely coldly at the woman.

"Mark Hickleberry, oh yes... I know all about Jeffery Han's best friend, if fact, Mister Hickleberry was one of the tenets here until the winter of last year, was a wonderful old man, gave his heart into playing chess everyday with Mr.Han even as the poor man lost his mind to dementia.
Yes they had met when they were but grade school children, got into a damn right bloody roll over a few apples that one of the local boys was giving away and Mr.Han ate more then his fair share...
Yes indeed, i'm not lost on your... stress, Miss COLE... however, Miss Nanda Cole... if I ever hear you wish death upon one of 'My' Clients ever again, so help me, i wont stop at just a letter next time and hope you change...
I Will take your ill, uncompassionate heart, and show you what real stress means... when you suddenly cant find a job in Tokyo after "I" fire you... DO you HEAR ME?..."

The women were shocked for a moment and then quickly confronted Damilus and stared him in the eyes as if they were going to hit him and then loudly spoke, screaming even directly into his face. However after a few moments the girls suddenly stopped screaming as if only realizing what Damilus had said.

"WHO DO YOU THINK you ARE to Talk... to... me... like that...... "

Damilus lightly crossed his arms and stared at the woman and then raised a eyebrow to let her continue on with her speech, however to his visio he only saw the woman start to perspire as she looked like she was starring into the face of the devil himself.
Taking that chance as his opportunity Damilus lightly sighed and closed his eyes and pressed his fingers against his temples and then took a seat and motioned them to quickly sit down, which they did. As Damilus then spoke, his voice was not as angry but his eyes were a still a little cold towards the woman known as Nanda.

"Ms, Cole, I can sympathize with your stress, and I can admit that Mr. Han has taken a fall lately after Mr. Hickleberrys passing last year. but that's precisely why we as HCA's need to be there, to listen to their pain. Don't you think that Mr. Han's stress is far worst then yours, the man lost his best friend, a man he was proud to have known... Wouldn't you want to publicize such a important person to everyone you met if they disappeared?
You can think of it as annoying if you wish, you can have a force smile if you want. But you need to be open Ms Cole, because if you can't, you'll be crushed by this industry, pure and simple if you feel burnt out, then talk to the head nurse, its our policy that if you need time off to reorganize your thought you'll have it plain and simple...

Do you feel you need a small administrative leave Md Cole? to reorganize your thoughts?"

As Damilus lightly pressed that last line like a dagger of steel to Ms Coles throat, while his face was lightly smiling, his eye which had soften where still a little icy. The young woman who saw that lightly shook her head and was about to studder her awnser, but was stopped by damilus with a light movement of his hand and then listened as he spoke.

"I see, well if you need a break just tell us, and I never want to hear you wish for our clients to perish even by a single minute sooner, understood... if you do, then enjoy your breakfast, and i'll pretend that this conversation never took place, enjoy your day ladies..."

As Damilus finished what he had wanted to say she then lightly rose and exited the breakroom, leaving the rest of his meal there. He wasn't in the mood anymore to finish a cold meal after such a topic had ruined the moment. and as she passed by the other young woman who had gone to replace her meal, she would have no doubt a clear expression of confusion when she saw her coworkers paled faces.
However as Damilus walked the hallway, he quietly enter the Lobby and then headed outside of the center and quickly moved towards a small private garage as he fished for keys within his pockets.
As he pulled out a small key chain with some small strange figurine of a human in a orange sailor skirt and looked at it warmly as he opened the small side door and entered the warm building before his eyes a single motorcycle, black as night and sleek in design waited with a helmet on its seat.

Taking the effort to put the helmet on properly, Damilus then swept his leg over the motorcycle and rode atop it and then inserted his keys, turned and revved the engine to life lightly. As the garage door opened and the first creaks of daybreak started arriving, Damilus lightly smiled.
A problem employee had been nipped in the bud before she could grow worse, he had written in his memoirs and was going to have lunch in a few hours with the President of the Sakurabe Mafia. But before all this could happen, Damilus had to head to the Library to get a book he ordered and then head over to the University to get updated on the program plan for the entrance ceremony in two day as well has go over the registered student list for his classes.

Seems like it was going to be another busy year. And as Damilus lightly kicked the bike and started accelerating towards Tokyo, it would have been nice to know that his prediction of a busy year couldn't have been anymore correct if he had tried.
Last edited by Neo ORB on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Nare [FT]/Shattered Day Enterprise's [FT]
2015 P2TM Nominated for Best School-based RP character
There is no Neo Orb. Only "The Nare". Unless its MT.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:39 am

Isaac D'Estreta
Isaac's Room

The soft tinkle of a bell was Isaac's warning that the first visitor of the day had arrived, and he looked up from the leather-bound book he'd been reading. For a sixteenth century book, Daemonologie wasn't as informative as he'd hoped it would be when he'd seen it in the 'reserved' section. For the most part, it felt like James was simply trying to re-state some of the more well-known facts about Abominations, with the occasional interesting observation sprinkled in to keep the reader's attention. But on the whole, it hadn't been what Isaac had been hoping for.

And he doubted that he'd be able to finish it, given the man walking through the doors. He was...well, pretty was the only way to describe him, with clean-cut features and a smart suit which was almost dazzlingly light. But what really set Isaac on edge was the way he walked. There was an aura about him which Isaac saw rarely, and generally only in the Metaphysical Wing. Oh, he looked fairly shy and all, but there was a glow about him which spoke of power unreachable by most. Which meant that he was probably the one who'd reserved Daemonologie in the first place.

"Good morning." Isaac said, standing up and sliding the book back into the 'reserved' pile, "How may I help you?"
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:58 am

Damilus Wilt.

It had been for the most part a quiet drive down into Tokyo from the Ashe Holz. He had stopped on the way down after seeing some deer attempt to cross the road and patiently waited for them to pass. Unfortunate for Damilus the deer had taken an unnatural notice in him and then willingly come closer almost knocking him off his bike when smelling and then lightly chewing on the edges of his clothing. Wanting to drag him off too their den to show it proudly off or for some other purpose that Damilus didn't want to imagine considering the heavy smell of pheromones the deer were giving off. But noticing his own urgency the deer seemed to have understood that now wasn't the correct time and lightly seemed to bow and then quickly hopped to the forests edged and watched him loudly drive once more away as if depressed about it as they watched him disappear into the distance.

Of course if that hadn't been bad enough, the moment Damilus had gotten onto the main highways, it had been relatively congested.
Even this early in the morning and so daringly Damilus road lane split until he finally reached the central metropolitan library. Although finding a parking spot wasn't a hard endeavor with how technologically strange Japan was nowadays, but leaving his bike alone even this early in the day irked him in some off fashion.

However leaving his helmet behind, Damilus opened the seat up and out and then fished for slight scented spray to cleanse himself of the deer odor that might have clung to his body. After that after retrieving his wallet and returning the seat back down and taking his keys. Damilus lightly walked towards the steps and then after some climbing entered the building to the sound of a soft tinkle of a bell.
As Damilus looked around the building looking to see if anything had changed since his last visit, she let out a sigh as the smell of old and new paper filled his nasal cavity's and then walked forward towards the front desk while pulling out his library card.

Although it looked like a normal card which it generally was, it had a few 'extras' that couldn't be seen unless examined the right way, a magical way. As Damilus lightly strolled up to the desk the voice of the young man was clearly heard. Of course he had seen the young man reading when he had entered, but he wasn't going to admonish someone who enjoyed a hobby especially when from the vision his eyes gave, there was not a "living" soul in here beside the young man currently. And it would after all make no sense to put the cart before the horse and express something he didn't feel at all he couldn't trust his acting to keep up before the laughter after all.

However as Damilus lightly listened and then quietly presented the card, he spoke in a calm but tempered voice as he lightly took off his glasses and looked at the young man with full force. Without the curse of the glasses not in place, the things Damilus wished not to see was in the complete open as the mystical realm was laid out in its full glory and hadn't he already been long since used to the sigh's he'd observed, it would have been more then sufficient to knock out a lesser man thousands of times over.

"Three books, two as usual for purchase which would be the "Medical Theory" Issue nineteen dash eleven by Venecia Rechelly, and the latest on cheap low dosage Prescription manufacturing, volume four that was released two months ago and ordered for me.

Finally one on lease from the reserved pile, "Daemonologie" the version I've requested needs... a more... refined sight to unlock its secrets, although as a read it has mainly the same information as the others with a few extra quips to entertain the reader... although if the rumors were true and that fellow was quite playful, so who know what sort of trick he might have imbued into the pages of that book...
In the end it matters not, the remaining 'Donation' will be placed in the accounts."

As Damilus then replaced his glasses onto his face after slightly wiping them down, his silver eyes were once more hidden within a curse and they turned instantly to a light but deep brown. However honestly Damilus wanted to yawn lightly after the forces beyond the regular vision that made up the world and its factors. However as Damilus had been staring into the plane beyond various "things" had been staring back one of which included a strange cat with several eyes which was now as always lazily watching him from the top of one of the book shelves.
Oh course this wasn't the first time Damilus had seen the cat, as it was always here laying in that same place, staring lazily at the world uninterested until Damilus would show up. Then the cat would become "playful" with a deep pur as if it had seen something interesting. However the moment Damilus would leave the cat would once more stare lazily until his next visit.

However with his glasses on his face, Damilus tore his eyes away from the cat and then once more looked at the young man and spoke with a light smile.

"Other then that... How have you been, child of man... I hope you've been at least eating properly, although considering how you seem to fluctuate at times, your still quite rather hopeless aren't you, find yourself a lassie to spend some time with alright...
You children live far to quickly to not have some fun here and there."

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:47 am

Isaac D'Estreta
Isaac's Room

As the man presented the card Isaac glanced down at it briefly, eyes taking in the writing and body stiffening as his mind registered it. A few moments later, his mind made the connection between the face and the name rattling aimlessly around the inside of his head. He really needed to get up earlier next time Damilus was coming. That could have been embaressing and given that the man one was one of the few people outside of the Library Isaac could talk to, he didn't want to embarrass himself here.

And then the glasses came off and Isaac was once again exposed to the uncomfortable feeling not unlike that felt by a butterfly pinned against a slide. It was like those silvery eyes were simply pulling his soul into separate pieces and then examining each one with a clinical precision. It was a sensation which he'd never be able to get used to, but it was also one he knew was going to keep happening. It was just the way Damilus was.

The moment flashed by in an eternity and then Damilus was listing off the small stack sitting in the small alcove by his feet. Nodding with each name, Isaac mentally ticked off both of the books to be bought and Daemonologie, hand brushing the leather-bound spine of the book as Damilus mentioned it. It was the kind of book which looked imposing, the kind of thing found in the lair of some fantasy wizard.

As Damilus talked about a "refined sight", Isaac wondered exactly what kind of sight that was. It wasn't Second Sight, or at least not the form of Second Sight he was endowed with, but he had noticed the occasional traces of aura across its pages, as well a couple of other books in the Metaphysical Wing, but he'd never been capable of creating anything legible out of them. Occasionally, some form of symbology would resolve itself into his vision, but they would rapidly fade away afterwards. Perhaps he'd ask one day.

The mentions of tricks in the book had Isaac's eyes darting back up to Damilus again. He hadn't noticed anything in there which would be dangerous but he didn't want to be caught off-guard by a hex of some form...well, that was a lie. He'd noticed one phrase which was dangerous, but it was a spell which had been burned into his psyche. The only spell he'd ever learnt which didn't follow the same rules as any others. A spell which he heard in the dreams he'd much rather forget.

He hated that spell.

He hated everything about it. Everything he'd seen about magic, before or since, had demonstrated that he had to be doing something right. And yet, there was a spell which could do something blatantly impossible without any energy. He could accept that Abominations existed - one of them spent most of its days sat on a shelf within eyesight - but nothing he'd seen suggested that a spell could bring them into reality anywhere near that easily, certainly not one as powerful as that one had been. Well, nothing other than On Abominations From Without, of course.

Feeling his jaw tense a little, Isaac ducked behind the desk for a moment, grabbing the small pile and bringing it up to the desk. Placing them onto the desk, he slid Daemonologie onto the pile and slid them towards Damilus as the man tore his eyes away from the Abomination over on the shelf. It was always interesting to watch it reacting to Damilus' presence. He knew that it couldn't possibly see him outside these semi-regular visits, but it looked like they were old friends or something. It was one of the more bizarre things Isaac had seen and one he'd breifly considered investigating, when he was younger.

And then that half-floating smile came over Damilus' face and when he spoke, Isaac wasn't sure whether the man was reminiscing or not. He certainly looked like he was remembering something, but at the same time he also looked like he was in his mid-twenties and he'd been coming here as long as Isaac could remember. And Isaac could remember a long way back. Which meant he was at least thirty-six, and probably older given that he seemed to age like a cartoon character.

"I'm fine, thanks." He said, the ghost of a smile curving his lips the tiniest amount upwards, "And yes, I'm eating fine. But I don't think I have time to be chasing girls just yet. There's still three crates which I need to check and catalogue for the Metaphysical Wing and we've got a couple more coming in tomorrow. Once those are done..."

He gave a small, helpless shrug to the other man.

"We'll see. I've still got more studies to make room for and self-teaching is taking up almost all of my free time as it is."

There was a pause for a second as he considered what he should say next.

"So...how about you? Do you have a lady? A guy?"

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:42 am

Damilus Wilt

He couldn't help floating a small smile across his features, for as long as he'd know the boy he had still been rather solemn, a lonely existence who been something of a bird in the feather flock together. It had in fact taken a little longer then Damilus had initially expected to make the contact strong enough to keep a friendly hold on the child. Of course that had been a story from years ago long since water under the bridge.
Although like his erratic visits, Damilus felt that the boy, known as Issac D'Estreta at least was better then some of the other mystical contacts he'd had the fortune of meeting which was why he had kept coming back if not for the books, then for him.

Although as the young man asked about his love life, Damilus couldn't help turning his floating smile into a warier one.
Of all the land mines that this boy sometimes touched upon, this was one of the more intricate one that he might have to deal with. Although as the wary smile was quickly replaced, Damilus lightly spoke while lightly but playfully shrugging as if it was a trifle matter while looking kindly at the boy.

"Well, I have a few companions here and there indeed on both sides of the coins spectrum. But nothing alas concrete my boy, don't get me wrong i've see them quite occasionally when i'm not overlooking my clients with a foreseeable occurrence, but I could never have a "long" relationship since they could never last with my... Personality quirks.
I've tried in the past but the loss of losing them proved to be, to much of a trail by fire, i'd spent years which felt like day in grieving.
So I've kept those I consider... close, enough to hold and help, but never beyond a curtain line."

As if she be proud of such a fact, Damilus playfully struck his chest out as his medical coat light flapped as if blown in a sudden wind. But as Damilus then started laughing at the odd pose and wiped a small tear from his eye and sighed with a honest smile, he then looked at the Daemonologie that had been lightly slid forward and too it into his hand and carefully removed his glasses once more and then opened the book.
In a absolute silence, Damilus quietly but quickly read the book, the fingers flipping pages faster then what any regular man could possible read at and within a few moments was at the final page with a strange facial expression starring almost blankly as if in a trance.

As Damilus tore himself away for the final page and lightly reflipped the book to its first, his voice would quietly muttered incomprehensible things and then ever so lightly Damilus with his free hand quickly shuffling the glasses into a pocket then started drawing on the book various Celtic runes and chanted ever so lightly.

"Aves'mos Ver'genda, TomoaStous VEig... Allcenta."

suddenly from the book the pages started to tinkle and then like a beam of bright light, Damilus was bathed as his facial features once more were placed within a trance. However when looking at his eyes one could see that tears of blood lightly poured from his tear ducts as he quietly thumbed the bright pages once more at a slightly slower pace and then as he reached the final page lightly trembled and then loudly snapped the book shut as if to quickly seal something away.

Quickly Damilus drew on the book various runes to many to identify and then as he suddenly dropped the book to the floor with a loud crash. He calmly sighed and reached into a pocket and pulled a silk handkerchief more fit for a woman then a man and then quietly dabbed the blood away and then looked at Issac with a quiet intent. Although the words spoke were viably angry.

"Seal that book for now and don't dare try to decipher the volumes, too dangerous understand young man?
Jezz, Bastard not only went to the length of tearing a piece of his own soul within the pages, but also placed a life curse if the wrong password was performed... if it had been anyone other then "i"... damn it I don't want to think of what would have resulted."

As Damilus lightly then went and moved like a corpse as if drained of energy and pulled out a chair. He looked visibly tired and with the traces of blood still on his cheek. Damilus lightly licked his thumb and wiped in rotation between further salve and handkerchief. Although from the looks of his vision, he was obviously down trodden over this minor hicup, Damilus lightly sighed once more and then looked at the cat and wearily smiled.

"Sorry little one, cant break that curse on yee quite yet... ahh three years of research has to be restarted once more... although since i did get hit full force by that curse, it means i'm closer then i was last time..."

Then remembering where he was, Damilus slowly looked at Isaac, and then lightly yawned and crossed his legs and carefully replaced his glasses and then shrugged while scratching his head and started explaining the current situation of the "Cat", and the "Daemonologie" series.
Of course it wasn't a happy tale, after all it was in fact one about at least in this case a poor maiden in love, tricked by a devil and transformed into a multieyed cat and cursed to follow a book until the ends of time. The Daemonologie series was in fact a collection of seals meant to release the curse bound on the "cat" but over the ages the proper codex that had most of the cataloged data so far stored within had been lost due to the Nazis and their book burning.
So of the recent few who had dared to take upon themselves the task, they had been working towards and silently dying with a very heavy burden... which could only be seen as insane even.

"Although they say that when the curse is broken, the accumulated magic power will have potency to alter reality in a single definition.
or in laymens terms, she will be able to grant a single wish upon the barer who brakes the curse over her.

I personally don't care for the grand riches and dreams of fools, but having to be confined to such a form for hundreds of years...
I can relate to the misery held within her eyes... although I know not how long it might take for me to actually free her.
Although if worst comes to worst, I could always apply the same curse towards myself on the same book and least give her a companion in the truest sense and wait with her until the curse is broken."

As Damilus lightly then looked away, he lightly smiled and scratched his cheek as if embarrassed by what he had calmly spoken about with such passion, but looked quite visibly refreshed. And the cat as if to affirm his goal lightly jumped down from the staircase and quietly moved towards Damilus and rubbed its body on his pant leg. Although as the light pur filled the library, Damilus lightly picked up the cat and placed it on his lap and lightly stroked it until it fell asleep with soft breaths. As he took his eyes off the cat and placed them once more on Isaac, he lightly smiled and then spoke with some hint of mischievousness of teasing.

"She would admittedly make a good pet for me however i'm regularly allergic to cats, but since she doesn't shed I wouldn't have to worry about breathing problems...

Now about your studies, I do have a 'friend' who could teach you a few things... makes a good meal as well, although she the complete opposite of my calm personality and is rather feisty.
Take a change of pace after you have your crates for the metaphysical wing finished, i'll send her over for a date in a few hours after she's finished work.
Go for a stroll, enjoy the moonlight, have a meal, she might be up your alley, and who knows you might learn something even more useful then what you read in a book...
Shes not half-bad as a Mage is concerned either..."

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Isaac D'Estreta
Main Desk

For a moment, the smile on Damilus' face became...something else. Isaac didn't have enough time to scan and understand it properly, but it was a face which told him that he'd prodded something he probably shouldn't have strayed near, let alone touched. Before he could open his mouth to apologise, the look was gone and the older man was shrugging lightly. Isaac's brow furrowed a little as he tried to understand the other man, before promptly giving up. Damilus was an enigma wrapped in a riddle and Isaac wasn't ready to take a crack at that puzzle yet.

The explanation only increased his puzzlement. He'd guessed that Damilus had a dangerous lifestyle, as much because of his use of magic than anything else, and it made sense that that would make relationships riskier than in a normal life, but..."personality quirks"? Damilus seemed little more than another bookworm, albeit one who could use magic. But how much had he been holding back over the years that Isaac hadn't noticed those quirks? Or had he been displaying them and he'd simply failed to notice them? It was another layer of mystery which he'd have to unpick later. If he even could.

And then he slid Daemonologie from the pile and began reading it, eyes shifting back to that sylvan silver which they only ever displayed when his glasses were off. And then his speed bean to increase. And increase. He couldn't possibly have been reading it, certainly not the words which were written in ink. This must be that method of reading he'd mentioned earlier, the real way of doing it, Isaac supposed. He couldn't see any magic being used on the book, so he assumed it was simply a technique. But what kind of technique condensed the information on a page so much?

As he snapped the book shut and then started to go back through it, Isaac slowly stood up out of the chair. The chanting rising from Damilus' mouth was setting his teeth on edge and turning the back of his neck into a prickly mass of gooseflesh as words maddeningly close to the edge of his understanding wormed their way towards his ear before turning back. At some phrases he even found himself murmuring absently along, as if the words had been seared into his mind before now. Biting down on his tongue, he watched with wide-eyed concern as Damilus' face was lit up from underneath, glittering off of the trickling streams of ruby extending from his eyes.

The snap of the book being slammed shut made him start, eyes roving over Damilus' face. He seemed to be alright, but magic's damage wasn't always on the surface. Whatever that had been, he wasn't going to trust that it had left the other man unscathed. As the book thundered to the floor, Isaac winced and visibly flinched, before Damilus' voice cut through the air between them. The intensity in them was enough to leave Isaac dumb and it was all he could do to simply nod in reply to the other man's instructions. Seal it away. Alright. They still had a few of the lead boxes designed for this kind of thing.

Blinking, his eyes found their way back to Damilus. The man looked...drained. Which made sense, given the curse placed on the book, but he looked more than just physically drained. It looked like he was...defeated? No, that was the wrong word. Angry at himself was closer to what felt right, but it wasn't exactly there. Disappointed at himself? He couldn't tell, if he was being perfectly honest. Of course, there were more questions buzzing around his head like a nest of wasps which had been kicked, but right now concern was flooding all of them.

He waited patiently for Damilus to explain what this was about. If there was one thing the man liked, it was exposition. The Abomination on the shelf was also looking at him expectantly and one of Isaac's eyebrows twitched when Damilus spoke directly to it. Little one? Curse? What was that? Expectant eyes settled onto Damilius' face as Isaac waited for the other man to compose his thoughts and begin to explain what was going on. And what this was all about. The curiosity at the back of his mind was blazing in him, lighting up his eyes with anticipation.

Several minutes later, his face was somewhat grimmer. He didn't know if what Damilus was saying was possible, but the thrill in his voice prevented him from seriously doubting the other man. He wasn't lying. Of course, that brought up even more questions than it answered. Was he a shapeshifter? If so, how did that work? And how could he relate with being trapped in a form for hundreds of years? Was he an immortal? Isaac had heard tell of immortals, but he'd assumed that had been nothing more than legends and stories. Just myths told by people who wanted to scam off those with more money than sense.

And then the cat was in his lap and they sat there for several minutes as it slowly drifted off into the realm of dreams. An idle strand of thought winding through his conscience wondered what it dreamed of. It didn't seem sad, angry or even confused. Just content. Like it was happy where it was. For a few seconds, Isaac wondered if it was just a cat, before dismissing the thought. Damilus wasn't going to lie about something like that. Not without good reason, anyway.

And then, with almost no warning, the other man's eyes were locked on Isaac and that light smile floated onto his face again. Without any hint of transition, he commented on the possibility of keeping it as a pet and Isaac struggled to adapt to the suddenly lighter, almost coquettish, tone of voice. Blinking several times, the tone shifted once again as Damilus began to outline someone he wanted to set Isaac up with. After he finished speaking, Isaac tried to wrap his head around the buzzing swarm of questions battling to be the first off of his tongue. Slowly whittling them down, his eyes did a quick once-over to see if there were any more signs of discomfort on Damilus' face before he finally closed his eyes, sighed one, then spoke.

"I...don't really have a choice in the matter, do I?" He asked, waiting a couple of seconds before continuing, "Alright then. My breakfast break's at eight, and I've got three hours off after that. What's her name?"

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:55 pm

Elizabeth Ashwood
United Kingdom-London
Elizabeth's Flat

The sound of raindrops pelting against the window and the cars honking and driving by filled the now empty and dark flat. The walls were decorated with modern art posters along with a few movie posters and hanging photos showing past events, of moments in Elizabeth's life that were pleasant and quite frankly, better than what is happening now and ethnic knick-knacks. The flat is untidy, smelly and has clearly not been cleaned in many months. Ashtrays are overflowing on to the floor and other objects, such as cups and plates, have been used as impromptu ashtrays as well. Elizabeth either has thrown herself to far into her life of sorcery and danger or just doesn't care about how her flat looks anymore, the likelihood of it being both are high.

The bookshelf on the living room has a collection books of diverse topics from the technical works on forensics and investigation, to books from the science fiction, fantasy and horror genres, and works on magic by the likes of Crowley and Spare. Books on religions, philosophy and conspiracies were also found in the collection along with books on crimes and mysteries, folklore, and more. The old analog tv, a relic now in a age of digital flat screen tvs and the internet, was now off but should have it been turn on it would be on the news talking about something that would have bored the young woman sleeping on the couch back to sleep. Wearing only a black tank top that show her midriff and white shorts, Elizabeth slept on her side facing the tv. Her messy dark hair splayed all over on her pillow and covering on side of her face. With right leg dangling out on the couch the mage appeared to be sleeping soundly, though a look into her mind would reveal that she was being tormented by nightmares that haunt her every night.

The radio from the bed room began to blare out loud with a loud song as it tried to wake up the mage who should be sleeping in the bedroom. Elizabeth lazily moved her arms about trying to shut off the radio but as she slammed her hand on the table and feel around it, almost making a plate that contained the now solidified greasy remains of last night's dinner, off the table the mage groan when she realize that for peace and quiet to return she would be forced to leave the couch. Getting up slowly Elizabeth sluggishly walk down the hall and into her bedroom, finally turning off the radio and for good measure unplugging it. The mage went back to the couch and tried to return back to her sleep; however with her nightmare still being very much vivid to her the mage gave up and with a sigh got up and went to the kitchen.

Elizabeth grabbed a mug and after adding in water, a sweetener and milk waited for her coffee to be done as she took out a cigarette from a pack on the kitchen table. Elizabeth waited for the mug of coffee to be done and once it was she took it and went over to the window, opening it as she took a look outside. She saw the old city as the dark grey sky obscured the sun and the heavens themselves tried to drown London with it's tears. Down below the people of the old city went about their daily lives ignoring the rain. Cars drove by the city as the black smoke of their exhausts traveled up to add in more to the growing carbon emission that would add up more to the environmental problems plaguing the world. Elizabeth took her first gulps of the coffee and set it down on the window and with a match lit her cigarette.

As Elizabeth watched the city she began to muse about the events that lead to her life right now, the ones that she had full control over and the ones that she had zero control. The life she has made her see two different halves to London that were all true to the city. Right now she was seeing the London that everyone knew and was one that everyone was willing to accept and move on, a sentiment that she wish she can have but can't. But Elizabeth knows and has explored that other London, the London that was home to her as much as the one everyone else saw. "Hullo London. How are you then, old girl" she said as she blew out smoke, in her mind she imagine the response she would get from the city would be a greeting followed by it telling her that it was raining and full of people as usual. "Me? I'm just going to take a shower, make breakfast and get my sorry arse to the airport. Got enrolled into this lousy student exchange program that I quite frankly can remember of ever signing up on." Elizabeth heard a woman screaming out that sucks.

Of course that woman most likely was not hearing anything Elizabeth was talking about she still had a small chuckle over the timing of when she mentioned her dilemma. "Well there is no point on pissing and moaning about something I can't fight against. Maybe being away from London would do me some good... Or it would be the worst thing in my life. I can at least give this a shot before I think about quitting." The mage spent a few minutes drinking down the rest of her coffee and finishing off her cigarette before going to the bathroom to take a shower.

After she was done with her shower and dressed she packed up everything she was taking with her to Tokyo. Now wearing her usual clothing the mage waited for a while until she heard her door knocking, going over to the door and opening it the door; at the door where Elizabeth's upstairs neighbors Julius and Martin, a pair of Rastafarians. "Thanks for coming over mates. I'll repay you guys back once I get back." she told them. The two Rastafarians and the Chaos Magicians both began to bring down luggage after luggage from the stairs of the old, dingy, apartment block and outside where they put them on the trunk of a cab that would take Elizabeth to the airport. After everything was put away the mage said goodbyes to her two helpers and got inside the cab.

As the cab went down the road Elizabeth lied back on her seat as some garbage pop song began to play on the radio. "Turn that bloody thing off or play music from a station that is half way decent." The cabby looked at the woman through the rear view mirror with irritation and changed the station to play a decent song that wasn't pop related. As Elizabeth sighed as she no longer has to hear that corporate trash assaulting her poor ears she turn back to the raining streets. The woman return back to her musing since she rather do that than have her mind return to her nightmare or god forbid what happened back in that accursed manor home, the place that is the source of her newest set of nightmares.

London's secret heart appears much like the rest of the ancient city: where the grunge meets the glorious. Food wrappers and strip club flyers scattered on Roman roads, all-night chip shops shouldered against private bookstores that never open. Pagan incantations bombed on ancient stone, posters plastered over posters dating back centuries. No cabbie with a ring belonging to some sort of secret group like the Masons or Hermetics will drive you there the same way. Ealdwic could be anywhere in London. It's a shifting address, a nightmare for the little old lady who runs the Tudor-look post office.

The English Occult Underground runs the show, sharing patrol duties with a muzzled Metropolitan Police and criminal intrigue with the mob. The underground was here since the days of the pagan Anglo Saxons settled to it's current form when the British Empire was everything, most never let the dream go. In a rare display of tolerance, though, Ealdwic is open to all regardless of affiliation. And that means all. Agents of secret societies, refugees from pocket dimensions and vanished races. Immortal vagrants and mortal runaways. Constantly in a state of barely contained, barely concealed chaos, London has endured as the social and cultural hub of both UK Occult Underground and as one of the hub for the Global Occult Underground. In times of great turmoil, all eyes turn to it for an early storm warning.

"Bloody hell do I really need a break. First thing I do once in Tokyo besides finding a place to stay in is to ignore anything relating to the occult, supernatural and paranormal. Try to be normal for a little while, see how far I can keep that act before some sort of crazy mess comes to be like it always does." The mage took out a cigarette from her pack and lit it, not caring if the cabbie driving her to the airport wants her smoking in his car or not. When a rock song was playing the mage smiled. "Finally something I can listen to. Turn up the volume mate." the driver did as the woman wanted and the mage smiled as she sat back, listen to the song and smoke her cigarette in peace.

United Kingdom-London
Destination: Heathrow Airport

"Now I remember why I don't like going by airlines anymore." Elizabeth muttered as the security guards were performing a rather invasive search on the people going through the scanner, this was being done before they even stepped a foot into the machine. Elizabeth had already placed her more questionable items inside the luggages with plenty of glamour and compulsion charms to make them not only see those items as something else but to ignore them.

Once it was Elizabeth's turn she didn't hide the fact that she didn't like the search one bit, what didn't help was the fact the guard who was searching her kept lingering around certain body parts of her. "Just my bloody luck, the day I come to the bloody airport a pervert is on guard duty." After going through the search and feeling violated like most people after going through airline security the British occultist walked up the the digital board to see her flight, she still has some waiting time before she can board the plane. "I guess I can get some lunch before I leave. Might as well drink some British tea before it's too late." the mage said to herself, walking down to the many shops inside the airport to eat before her trip.

A few minutes pass and inside the store Elizabeth had to wait through a long line and as she was done with her lunch she heard by the intercoms that her flight was ready. The mage now rushing through the airport with carrier for her luggage was able to put away all of the things she carried and finally board the plane to Japan. Inside the plane Elizabeth did what anyone in her position due. Watch what the tv in the planes show, watch the sky or try to sleep through the flight. But in Elizabeth's case having a baby crying and some arsehole in front of her loudly talking on his phone made the third option difficult and to make matters worse the movie playing was one she hated, so staring at the sky was the only option for her.

Japan-Tokyo

The day Elizabeth entered Tokyo her day can be best summed up with her looking for the right flat or apartment as most of the locals would say, getting her stuff settled and finally going to sleep because jet lag is a killer. The mage hasn't been sign into her new college just yet so right now she was free to look around the city. Elizabeth can already feel the stares on her, she wasn't too surprised by them. A dark haired, pale skin, obvious foreigner wearing gothic clothing isn't something most of these people see, her accent doesn't help either. Elizabeth was now sight seeing, she had no destination in mind and simply let fate guide her to where it wants her to go.

Elizabeth trek through the city would eventually lead her to Tokyo Metropolitan Central Library, as the flow of synchronicity was pulled stronger to that location. Shrugging at the strong pull from fate Elizabeth walked into the building and enter inside. Once in the building her sense would alert her that she wasn't the only practitioner of the mystic arts inside. Keeping her self made promise/dare she tried not to follow through with her compass needle-like senses to the source of the strong magic, but her eyes still wandered to find the source as she walked away.

Going to one of the shelves she took out a random book and looked as though to be reading it, trying her best not to look at the two strange men at the counter and trying to hide from their sights.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:36 pm

Taiga

"Well, that was underwhelming."

Her classes done for the day, Taiga was returning to her apartment, disappointment obvious on her face. As she walked near her complex, all she could think about was how different university life was from expectations.

"This just sucks, it isn't as exciting as I thought it would be." Taiga pouted as she swung her bag around, nearing the door to her apartment building. She was about to let herself in when a noise startled her. It was a cat. The same cat as before.

Was she following me? Taiga looked at the feline and bent down on the pavement. She put her hand out.

"Neko-chan, are you following me?" The cat bit Taiga on the hand, sending the young woman into a rage as she kicked the black cat.

"How dare you bite me, you little monster!" Huffing away, Taiga hurried to her apartment, throwing her bag on the ground and collapsing onto the bed.

"Why do I always have the worst luck?" Taiga closed her eyes for a moment, drifting off into the bliss of sleep before waking suddenly by something touching her face. It was the cat's tail. Taiga jumped off her bed, looking at the strange cat.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked rhetorically, her voice oozing with anger. To Taiga's surprise, however, she got a response.

"I came here for you, Tsukino Taiga-san. My name is Luna." The girl screamed in terror. "Now, now Taiga, don't give me that. I came here for a reason, after all."

"This isn't happening, there's no way this is possible." Taiga was grabbing her hair, in complete shock at the bizarre scenario. Luna jumped onto the floor and looked up at the frightened and confused girl. Suddenly, the crescent on the cat's forehand radiated with a golden glow as a brooch landed near Taiga's feet. The student hesitantly bent down and picked the brooch up.

"W-what's this?" She said, inspecting the accessory. Luna sighed and jumped up next to Taiga on the bed.

"Just say "Moon Prism Power, Make Up" and you'll see." The girl looked at Luna with disbelief.

"What a load of crap why would saying Moon Prism Power, Make Up do anything?" Even as she said the words, however, a transformation came over Taiga. In a flash of bright light and a blink, Taiga looked into the mirror and saw that her appearance had completely changed. She ran to the mirror, inspecting herself.

"What the fuck?"
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Taigawa
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:43 pm

Sylvia Xi Leng Engawa
Sylvia's apartment, near Tokyo University

The alarm rang, rousing the wolven lady from her slumber. She picked up the clock and glared at it, repeating the numbers she saw: 6:00 am. She lived on a forth-floor apartment, about half as big as an average house, looking out over the grounds of the university she worked for. Sylvia rarely employed her illusion at home- there no need as she had no friends in Japan to speak of. Part of her wished she'd stayed in Hong Kong, but that was the past now, as fondly as she would like to remember her past life in China and what it was like before she attempted the ritual that had taken her form and fractured her mind into it's....she personally called them "warring factions," but most medical personnel would likely call it MPD- Multi-personality disorder. Sylvia herself despised the term, as she likened it to someone telling her she was crazy. Maybe she was, but it was'nt like she could go back in time and change the event. She just had to keep her mind under control....her head was a battlefield between her more rational mine with it's ivory towers of morals and decentcy, and the predatory, animalistic side that likened her to a warewolf. She was a wolf true, but she was'nt that savage. Still, as long as no one knew she was a wolven approximation of a human, she was fine with it, with the benefits it gave her.

She rose from bed, turning on a lamp by which to see. She immeditely went to the kichten to put on a pot of coffee before getting dressed. Most of her clothes had holes in them for her tail, but she hid that by an illusion. As long as those she dealt with only saw her as an eccentric human librarian, she'd be fine. She got dressed and raided the fridge for leftovers, spotting so oden noodles steamed with some pork and vegibles she'd cooked last night. She ate those slowly, finishing just as the coffee was done. After fixing it how she liked it, she grabbed her purse, with her keys and wallet, before throwing up her illusion and making her way to the library of the university.
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
Neyla is the only character to ever embarress Kyoki. All Forum 7 Characters
24 years old and female.

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Elaine

Stepping off the turbulent and probably out-dated Asia Airlines plane, Elaine felt momentarily sick; the change in air pressure and the lack of being tossed around like a grain of rice inside a maraca being quite disorienting. She made her way down the glass lined corridors; the sunlight probably indicative of how confusing it would be to get used to this timezone. They had travelled about 5 hours into the "past", after all, and a shift from sunset to afternoon was something that nobody would ever want to suffer if they, you know, had anything important to do. A wave of strange, tingly energy ran over Elaine.

"Oh for... Ugh. What was that?"

She already knew what happened next.

"Oh, this is the part of the movie where I predictably "sense a disturbance in the force" and go on some huge adventure, isn't it? Well cripes almighty if I'm happy to oblige to the never ending narrative that is my sodden life of sniffing flower cocaine."

Elaine was still muttering to herself when she got in the taxi, and told the driver to take her to where Taiga was. (Paraphrasing. Duh.)
I have gazed beyond the bounds of infinity, the folds of reality that keep us entombed in disillusion, hiding us from the treasures of ultimate knowledge, and thus, ultimate power.

If knowledge is power, then we are all powerless and the universe is god.

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:13 pm

Damilus Wilt

Damilus still smiled, the gentle and genuine contorts on his expression showing that he was positively beaming. His eyes held a similar joy and then with a small tremble. Damilus started lightly shaking and then burst into a large bout of joyful laughter and lightly clapped his hands as if watching that perfect moment when a small prank had succeeded. As the cat was woken by Damilus's laughter it looked at him with her various eyes, some showing wonder, other bewilderment and some were a twitch annoyed since he had woken it from a content slumber. But overall the cat simply tried to lay back down after lightly brushing herself against him and closed her eyes.

As Damilus took the memo for the cat, he lightly quieted down and then spoke while still lightly laughing to the point he almost gasped slightly for breath. Without too much movement, Damilus lightly shifted in his chair and then took his eyes and kept them on Isaac while his right hand lightly scratched the cats fur under its chin. While doing that he lightly raised his other hand and place it in front of him as if praying and looked apologetic.

"Ah, i'm sorry Isaac, I went too far... twas mostly joking about the whole date thing, I know how tight a ship you run and how deeply you care for this place. Although its true that I have a girly that might be interested who works for me, Same sort of type as us since she's a bookworm.

Although I wasn't joking when I said she was feisty and my opposite but there's no way she'd make such a short date especially with today since she's scheduled with her rotation and then has to go with into shibuya later today for an errand for me...
She's rather difficult on several levels so I keep a watch on her to make sure shes doing okay."

Slowly Damilus lowered his hand and lightly but quietly let out a sigh and then for a moment let himself relax once more while petting the cat, although visually he looked almost back to normal, the sight of him light closing his eyes was rather peaceful as he felt the cats fur in his hands, and then slowly opened his eyes and once more looked at Isaac with a light expression. he had known the man now for a long time, and had prior let drop some of his secrets, although he had no clue if the young man had picked up on them, he knew he could at least trust him with the majority of his knowledge without hampering their relationship. And slowly Damilus looked at the young man and spoke sure that they had still been alone.

"Right, although i'm sure you've guessed by my eyes alone, i'm not quite... 'Normal' am i, no to call me anything like normal would be an understatement on the highest degree... Isaac, I tell you this because I 'trust' you... because I've known you know for several years, although it feels like its been far more then that.

My name is not Damilus Wilt, well its not my 'original' name anyway. I'm sure you've guessed or have in inkling from my mannerisms that i act nowhere near like a proper twenty something year old young man... And that's because im not and haven't been for a long time, almost two hundred years in fact, although my current age is almost two hundred and thirty four."

Damilus paused to let that number sink in, although such a feat wasn't hard, afterall you could say that he was older then even some well built familys. although none would be able to tell him why he had build his 'castle' somewhere in the far reaches of the east. if one was to ask Damilus why, he would only be able to respond with "whimsy."
As she looked at the young man he could tell by his eyes alone he would want to speak, no doubt to rapid fire a volley of questions, maybe to hear about his birth or what his family might have been like, honestly who knows what the young man might have asked, but As Damilus opened his lips and spoke he momentarily slice any chance for prodding.

"Which reminds me, i'll be holding a little get together next month, I would enjoy it if you could find some time, but if you can't that's fine as well, I cant say that the other fellows who know of my secrets are savory fellows, but deep down their not all bad guys, although you wouldn't want to cross them in a back alley at night alone."

As Damilus lightly laughed at that, she lightly shook his head envisioning the Yakuza cornering the young man in front of him and couldn't quiet figure who he would have to feel more out of sorts for, the yakuza, the young man or both...
But as he pushed the though into the furthest recesses of his mind. Damilus lightly picked up the cat and cradled it and then softly walked towards the bookshelf she had been laying on prior and gently placed her back onto her roost and then turned away from the sleeping cat who would maybe kick up a fuss when she discovered him gone.

Although as he walked back towards the young man he lightly reached for his books and categorized them in his arms and then lightly took his still laying card on the desk and then looked at the young man with a gentle smile and lightly placed at hand on his head and gently rubbed it like grandfather might to his grandson.

"Any questions? although I can't tell you why i'm an immortal, if you really want to know i'll tell you at the party in a month...
Anima metafor'a... entkräften und Rückkehr"

And then with those small words for a single moment it would feel like for the young man, a jolt of adrenaline was surged through into him from the top of his head. However for the Damilus that faced him, it would seem that Damilus's entire body suddenly seemed to perspire with sweat as if he'd been in the sun all day. As his face was contorted into an expression of unsightly pain while he bit down on his lower lip as if enduring something and then when he removed his hand and gave that pained smile anyone who could see that could tell something painful had happened, Although quietly Damilus then waited in silence.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:11 am

Isaac D'Estreta
Main Desk

Isaac's brow furrowed in confusion as Damilus burst out into laughter, face reddening a little as his hands came together in front of him. What was the joke? Had he said something wrong? Had he said something right? He wasn't sure about the entire situation, and he didn't like being unsure. Not one bit. It meant that other things he did were more likely to be wrong and he really didn't want to do something wrong around Damilus. He knew that at least some of that came from the fact that the man had just activated a centuries-old curse unscathed, but mostly he didn't want their friendship to go down the drain because he did or said something wrong. Which was something he did distressingly often.

As Damilus explained, Isaac felt his blush intensifying. That had been...a joke? So that had been what the tone was about. He'd have to remember that for later. He didn't want to walk into this kind of thing so blindly again. Although the fact that Damilus was still trying to set him up with someone didn't sit quite right with Isaac. Perhaps it was just his description of her, or perhaps it was just the principle of meeting someone new outside of the Library. Perhaps it was just the idea of leaving the Library. Whatever it was, something about the scenario set him on edge. It was probably nothing, but it lingered in the back of his mind, like a particularly persistent ghost in his thoughts.

As the words died away Damilus sighed lightly and closed his eyes, absently petting the cat curled up happily in his lap. He looked...content. Isaac had no idea what kind of thoughts might be boiling away under that mask, but Damilus wasn't giving any indication of them. The comfortable silence extended and deepened, broken only by the occasional rumble of a car outside the Library. This early in the morning, almost no-one would be coming here. Certainly not on a weekday like today, so Isaac knew he wouldn't have to worry about another visitor for at least fifteen minutes.

Isaac didn't know when Damilus opened his eyes, but suddenly the other man was studying his face with thoughtful eyes. He was coming to a decision on something and Isaac was content with the soft silence around them, so he simply waited for his decision in silence. He saw the man's lips part a little, pause and then start to speak as if imparting some solemn secret. Leaning forwards, forearms resting the desk, Isaac listened intently to every word the other man spoke, filing away and cross-connecting everything he said. That...actually explained a fair amount. The way he never aged. His comments about the cat. The way he always acted like he'd seen everything before.

And, like a boomerang, the questions were fighting to be the first off of his tongue once more. Where was he born? How had he exteneded his life? How had he kept that off of the government's radar? Was he immortal? Did he have a set lifespan? Or would he simply live until he was killed? Could he regenerate? Did he need to breathe? What was it like to live that long? His mouth was already open to ask one of them, although he had no clue which, when Damilus cut across him with what sounded like an invitation to a social event.

At the change of pace Isaac blinked once in confusion, the questions vanishing from his mind. He'd been invited to...a social function? But he wouldn't know what to do! And the description of some of the people there wasn't really filling him with confidence that he'd be able to get out without serious injury. He knew exactly what kind of people he didn't want to meet in dark alleys, and it was the same kind of person who he wouldn't want to be associating with, in any way, shape or form. But at the same time, he knew he couldn't really say 'no' to Damilus, and as the man lifted the cat back up onto its shelf, Isaac knew he was going to give it a go anyway.

Damilus' hand landed on his head and ruffled his hair a little, eliciting a small sigh from Isaac. He was going to have to sort that out before the next visitor came. A moment later, the thought was driven from his mind as a bolt of glorious lightning shot through his body. A molten warmth followed in its wake, spreading through his body and suffusing him from his core to his fingertips with a golden radiance which had his hairs standing on end and his mind on cloud nine. For a moment, he was euphoric.

And then he saw Damilus' face and he was brought right back down to Earth. He was biting down on his lip, not quite hard enough to draw blood, but enough to turn it paper-white. The rest of his face was little better, the blood apparently drained out of it and a thin veil of sweat drawn across his pain-wracked features. As his hand came away, he gave a small, pained smile of reassurance which did little to ease the flood of worry rushing through the inside of Isaac's head. After a few moments of strained silence, Isaac realised that Damilus was giving him room for questions and two burst out of his mouth like a stampede of cattle:

"Are you alright? And what was that?"

And then two things happened one after the other.

The first thing to happen was that his Second Sight saw a...flash. He could tell that it was relatively near, and he could guess the rough direction, but other than that most of his mind was consumed by the sudden panic of his Second Sight being so suddenly blinded. His jaw clenched and he started forwards slightly, hands clenching into fists. Whatever the Hell had done that, it had piqued his curiosity as much as it had lit his burning desire for self-preservation. For a brief eternity, the two warred with each other before an external factor settled the matter by itself.

The bell above the door tinkled as someone stepped inside. Isaac glanced at the woman who had just stepped inside, eyebrows raising in surprise as he did so. His Second Sight was still dazzled by whatever that flash had been, but the runes spilling out of her fingerless gloves were recognisable enough to him that he didn't need it to guess that she was a Mage. For a couple of seconds, Isaac memorised every identifying feature he could, noting the deep circles etched around her eyes and pale complexion before his eyes flickered back to Damilus and his mouth tightened. He doubted he was going to get a reply to his second question anymore, but he could still have the first one answered.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:07 am

Elizabeth Ashwood

Elizabeth was glad that she was multilingual as she can understand clearly what was written on the book otherwise it would have been embarrassing if she chose an awkward book from the shelves. Elizabeth would occasionally take a few glances at the two mages as she walked over and sat down at one of the tables, logging in to the computer in front of her and acting as though she was busy with reading Internet Creepypastas while hearing everything they were talking about.

From what she gathered one of them has life extension spells, though she wasn't sure which one since there are many variants to that one power. These mages seem to be close friends and one actually works in the library, if he is anything like the ceremonial magicians than this would be the best cover for him. Elizabeth soon changed the sites to be ones dealing with Buddhism, Taoism and Shinto. She was majoring in Comparative Religions in the university in the city, so having them think that she was a college student getting research for her class would be perfect. However, Elizabeth wasn't an idiot, she expect that at least one or both of them suspect her of being a fellow mage, either they are ignoring her or are waiting for the right time to confront her the chaos magician does not know; but the magician came prepared encase she ended up meeting the more violent and rough aspects of the Tokyo Occult Underground.

Printing out a few interesting pages she found on different sites she went to the printer and got the papers, rolling them up and placing them in her trench coat pocket. Elizabeth magical senses soon flared up as flash of arcane energy manifested somewhere near by her location. Elizabeth's senses like Isaac was blinded for a short while; but unlike Isaac what Elizabeth felt was also nauseous and a headache for her magical sense going wild. The mage let a small signs of discomfort appeared on her face but for the most part she tried to hide away the fact that she noticed the flash.

Elizabeth calmly walked to the door to the exit, her hands on her coat pockets and a bored expression on her face, as she left the building. Outside the british occultists looked at the gaudy-neon lights of the city and she let out an exasperated sigh. "Just me bloody luck, always me bloody luck. Travel halfway across the fucking world and I still can't escape from the occult for just one sodding day." the woman complained, taking out the silk cut brand of cigarettes that was around in her homeland as she began to smoke it; the mage had plenty of more packs back in her apartment.

Elizabeth memorized the location from which the flash appeared, the arcane energy of the flash still lingered strongly in the air. Elizabeth can feel the hair on her ends stand up and goosebumps appearing in her skin as she felt tiny volts of electricity on her skin. There was a strange buzzing hum in the air, from the back of her throat Elizabeth tasted something strange. Having magic messing around with your sense does give you powers but there are side effects, one of them is creating a Synaesthesia-like effect on some mages, in truth though most would get it eventually the more they allow magic into their lives. Speaking of magic, the magic that was lingering in the air was off. This one felt different, alien....

Elizabeth prepared herself for some sort of lovecraftian horror that was waiting around the corner to feast on its latest prey, maybe if she was lucky she would be the first person those horror would meet. Elizabeth eventually stopped in front of a small, typical-looking, Japanese house that looks as though it can house four to probably five or six people. Elizabeth was standing under a street light that had moths flying close the bulb, attracted to the light like all moths. Her cigarette also creating more light as the half burnt cigarette made smoke rise up as the burning embers and ashes fell from it thanks to gravity and Elizabeth sometimes tapping the cigarette.

"So this is the house. Right now I can't do much to it. I'm still a bloody newbie here and the last thing I want to do is break into someone's home. I will check this place tomorrow and hope that whatever happened was not some sort of demonic or lovecraftian summon gone wrong." Elizabeth closed her eyes as she walked pass the house, just content with knowing the location of the disturbance and resolving to do her own private investigation the next day. What Elizabeth didn't noticed was that the blood red jewel around her neck, sharing her tie on the same spot, had a small reaction to the flash. But as said, the reaction was so minimal that it was easy for it to be ignored by all.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:47 am

Damilus Wilt.

As Damilus listened to Isaacs response, he lightly smiled how typical of the young lad to ask weather he was alright before asking how he was immortal or something along such lines. this was honestly one of the best things about the boy, but Damilus also made no mistake that he knew such questions were brewing somewhere within the lad.
But although the rippling pain that washed over him was still acting like it would tear him apart. Although as a side effect for his talent*, this pain was one of the most refreshing feelings he had. As the sound of a bell jingled he lightly turned his head and looked with his eyes catching the last glimpses of a leaving patron.

By their features, they seemed foreign but had he, had they really been as lost in there own conversation to have missed such a person entering only to catch them as they left? Damilus sighed internally he really was getting quite old wasn't he, or maybe it was just that he enjoyed his conversation partner since he always listened so well.
Shifting the weight in his arms from the medical books, he was about to answer the first question to reassure Isaac he was okay. Damilus gave a thoughtful expression as he looked at the young man and then lightly spoke.

"Don't be too concerned Issac, i'll be fine it's just a side effect, today's seem to be my lucky one if that was all i have to suffer though...
Although you should already understand it, that was my Talent*, I've given you more then enough clues, so just retrace my aria, and translate it out...
You'll have an understanding of everything after that... but I was just returning something i'd stolen from ya it all is all.
I've been meaning tah do that for a while, but since it was a lump sum it hit pretty hard, tho nothing i'm not use too already.
Anyway, i'll see you in a few days and stop by with some okonomiyaki or something and we can talk to our leisure, i'm sure you'll have more questions then I can answer in one sitting but since its you child, i can sit through it if you brew us some coffee."

Giving a lighter smile Damilus lightly then turned on his heels and quietly walked away from the front desk with practiced and almost ghostly like her would vanish. Although as a matter of course as Damilus lightly swung the door open, the bell rang sending him off and as he descended the steps into the still morning light.
Quietly Damilus stood at the bottom of the steps and looked at the sun's position and had an accurate reading of the time, seems he'd spent more then he had initially expected, but as he walked towards the parking complex where his bike was stowed and quietly input the code, he heard the machinery inside roar with life as cars passed by him until his sleek black motorcycle arrived.

Taking the moment to place his newly aquatint'd books away in his attached saddlebags Damilus rolled his bike out and then reattached his helmet to his head and then with his motorcycle started driving once more. Taffic was as always a nutters happy moment as Damilus drove down the main highway and through various side streets until he reached the University campus and drove into the parking lot, As it was still early in the morning.
Damilus hadn't expected to see many student's going about, but much to his contrary exception, dozens of students were already making their little groups and networks as Damilus removed his helmet and quietly walked to the self pay station and got a temporary ticket pass for his bike.
As Damilus walked quietly through the campus, he could see some students starring towards him for a moment. His western face, his confident stride of a walk, the air of importance... maybe they could tell that he was he was a professor instinctively. Or maybe they were just shy like most of the Japanese seemed to be.

As Damilus made his way to the main campus and entered the building he'd done so many times before he quietly ascended flight after flight of stairs until he reach the top of the main campus and was met with a secretary. Quietly strolling past her, while she was far too late to notice in an attempt to stop him, Damilus walked into the equivalent of a western Dean's office and approached a much older woman overlooking several stacks of papers.
As Damilus stopped lightly in front of her desk, she looked up as if amused and then gave a womanly smile and spoke, although her eyes weren't quite smiling at all as she looked at him like why had be bothered to come down here when he knew what her answer was going to be.
although the question had always been the same since he joined the staff honorarily three years ago due to the president of Sakurabe Corp.

"Ah, Professor Wilt, I wasn't expecting you for another two days, whats the association for today's visit?"
"The same as always Dean... I request that i be allow to skip on the opening ceremony."
"Denied, any other request's, if not your class schedule is over on the right near my door, you can let yourself out."

Damilus couldn't help sigh, the reaction was always the same with his request every year. he knew he shouldn't have expected anything different but he had to try regardless. Silently he cursed his bad firend in the top chain of Sakuraba Corp and then sighed further as he quietly turn on his heels and picked up his teaching schedule
as his eyes traced the list of classes and events listed out, he couldn't help noticing that this year it seemed like the amount of work he had to do had a far higher degree of load then the prior years...
As if to do a double take and wish the various extra characters away, only to open his eyes and still find them there, Damilus looked to the Dean and saw her mischievous smile and then lightly spoke...

"Hey... Dean, why do you have me partly teaching Japanese Lit, and English Lit... you do realize that i'm a Science Major right, and what about my actual job, I have a business to run?"

"Yes, its unusual, but I thought you could interact with the students more often, we've been voting on making you regular staff, and through this way though it might be better as well since you could work on your own faults and become more humble..."

"Your just punishing me for asking the same request every year aren't you..."

"Quite so... Now please work hard to learn your students names, and don't forget to do your job well o.k.a.y.
I don't want to hear of you calling in sick simply to get out of class, not that you ever get sick anyway... really you'll have to tell me your secret some time."

"Great, so you've not only made my life more complicated... but even want my secrets as well... whatever, since you've went this far, i'm guessing i'll be earning a salary?"

"Nope... just kidding, how's four million yen a year sound?"

"It's fine, there bonus's?"
"Naturally, but think of this as a trial offer, do well and you might get full employment, do bad, well i'll just have to punish you again wont I. "

"Really pushing for the whole, I want you to work for me vibe aren't you...
Fine whatever, it'll keep things Interesting... I'm guessing i'll have to commute."

"Naturally, we already have a parking spot for that atrocious bike of yours..."

"Right, fine then i'll see you in two days, Christ how much am i going to need to buy... textbooks, folders, paper, Gas, lunches... well I guess I could have the staff for that for me... wait... why am i looking forward to this?!"

As Damilus lightly then scratched his head the sighed and turned around looking into the various papers held in hand and nosily flipping then scanning dates and looking over the list. He quietly left the Deans office as the doors shut lightly behind him and he made his way past the flights of stairs and made his way towards his bike through a much more empty campus, however as he reached his bike and looked at the names lit by sunlight, His vision stopped on one student in particular...

Tsukino... Now, just where had be heard that name before...

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:31 am

Damilus Wilt

Traffic... was still terrible, although it wasn't the cars that might feel like they endlessly stretched for one horizon to another.
No it was the people, the people of Japan, a sea of black suits and corporate obligations of a belief system that said in order to succeed in life one must work for the best company, go to the best university, receive the best education, climb this, do that. Don't dishonor your family if there was any belief system that Damilus could agree with, it would be that one alone... Happiness wasn't made by success and positions.
It was made by moments and the people who you could stand to stand beside and love with all your heart.

And so as Damilus watched as the sea of rolling black washed out the road in front of him, reflecting their own convoluted ideology back at them from his reflective visor, he couldn't help but lightly weep for them.
All their lofty goals, all their well built plans was not but to be dust in the eventual wind... but he had known he'd record it all the same for he had many visitors, but only one final destination.
In the corner of his eyes, he could see the flashing lights of the crossing blink, numbers counting down. Slowly and lightly as if about to witness gods work, Damilus increased his grip on his handle bars and started to quietly rev his engine lightly to keep it hot. And once more the like the miracle's of Moses, the black sea parted , hundreds and thousand of bodies split away and opened the bedrock for him to travel upon.

One more, he was moving, Moving through a concrete jungle, moving through the illumination of sun stained glass, and bleached concrete. Filled with the sound of rushing air or a light collective rumble from thousands walking. Yet as Damilus watched the world blaze past him, he felt for once nothing. Not the pressure of wind blowing his coat, nor the feel of sweat being drawn against his skin from a undiluted sun pounding its rays against the earth.
It had taken far too long Damilus though for him to make it from his castle, to the university, and now as he pulled into another parkaide passing through a rising divider of yellow and black watched carefully by a security guard. That in a few moments time he would be face to face with the underbelly of Japan. And it was his unfounded luck that had made him friends with one of the more larger establishments that thrived in such underworlds.

As Damilus pulled into a stall on the fourth level of the parkaide and kicked his stand down. Slowly he removed his helmet and breathed in and then slowly got off from his bike and placed his helmet onto his seat lightly as if willing it to move as several loud footsteps clamored quickly behind him.
Slowly Damilus turned around his feet not making a noise as a blast of wind blew between Damilus and his entourage. As his eyes settled on them he quietly counted a total of four heavily built, scar faced older men in suits with gold pins in the shape of a Sakura flower in bloom.
Slowly Damilus performed a small bow, something that was generally odd for him to even remotely do since he was from Canada. But queitly the men smiled and then returned the greeting and then the most scarred one stepped forward and spoke, his voice rough, but absolutely respectful as he silently motioned for the others so make room.

"Master Wilt, our President is expecting you, please allow us to escort you to the location."

Internally Damilus sighed, but it was the same routine every two weeks when it came to his escort. It had been bad enough that they had at first come to the center to pick him up. And it had taken over three years to finally make the Sakuraba Corp at least slightly back off and let him met the escort group in another location so that his staff and clients didn't have to fear a Yakuza attack.
As Damilus calmly responded he begun walking forward and the four men surrounded him as if to protect him, not that he needed protection in the slightest after all... but it was formality's and thus grudgingly, Damilus accepted it.

"Then hurry up with it... its rather embarrassing being guarded like this..."

Lightly the man laughed and then together the four of them started walking until they were on ground level. As they moved Damilus got the interesting sight of once more watching as a few people who made there path in front of them suddenly moved while sweating. To which he apologized in his heart to them, and as this happened a few more times. Damilus gave up on apologizing as they arrived in front of a super fancy restaurant with a flashing golden dragon twirling around a red Chinese looking sign.

As the man in front of Damilus broke rank and opened the door, two more suits waiting inside as carefully the man behind Damilus gently pushed him forward as the two beside him walked at the same pace to block from the side against imaginary bullets. As the two new guards then quickly bowed and then escorted Damilus through the restaurant. He could see that the place was empty of "regular" customers as a verity of scantily clad women and relaxed men sat drinking and smoking. Others were in suits of various colors with 'shady' written all over them, others wore the same black suits as his escorts which meant that most likely the whole place was filled with guards from the Sakurabe family.

But as Dalimus was escorted into the far right corner of the restaurant, where a sea of guards numbering at least twenty or so waited quietly drinking water while being fully aware of the situation. Four intimidating men sat in complete relaxation while playing cards and drinking while waiting for the final guest to arrive.
As Damilus walked up, the game they were playing immediately cease as the faces of the four men visibly brightened as if meeting a long lost friend and quickly they stood up while one lightly gave a hardy pat on Damilus's shoulders and spoke with a happy tone.

"Ah, Mr. Damilus, i'm glad you could join us today, sit, sit, you must be hungry.
Don't worry i've already ordered the best thing on the menu for all of us a few minutes ago."

As Damilus was lightly placed into the opposite side of the inland and as the cards were quickly regathered he was shuffled into the ongoing game as a cold glass of Cider from BC was poured for him. As Damilus lightly took a drink from the glass, he could taste the familiar and yet distant taste from the "Growers" brand from British Columba and a small smile crept on his face he couldn't help but close his eyes and enjoy the distant memory's that flooded his mind. It couldn't have been much to fly this cider in, but the fact that they made him quietly remember lost times had improved his overall mood. So as he had set down the glass a little less full then it had been and lightly dabbed his lips dry.
Damilus picked up his cards and then spoke with a very light heart warming tone.

"I see, then i'll gracefully accept that offer, how're you Mr. Hikaru Sakurabe. I trust that the last two weeks have treated you well?"

"Ah, its been quiet, heard some reports of a foreign group in the orient try an hustle into Japan using Osaka as a foothold, but they got crushed by some various anonymous tips and were swept under the rug. We also have been planning to open up a small clinic.
Was wondering if you could find us some able staff."

For a moment Damilus was actually shocked by what he had heard and though that at any moment a secondary reason would come up, but as he waited a for a few seconds he could see the four men waiting for his response and so Damilus quickly replied after coughing a few times.

"That quite a commitment, I would have never pegged you for the medical world considering your... ties... what brought about this change of heart?, also whats the poison, poker, bangrommy, slap, spades? how much are we betting a hand?." As Damilus looked at his cards he was okay with his hand, a pair of twos, a nine, a ten and a king and overall was something he could work with. As he looked at his friends tho, they lightly smiled as the game began. Lightly one of the guards offered him a cigar like the others were smoking and so lightly although regularly Damilus hated the stuff let it be cut for him and then added to the already smoking ceiling.
As Damilus listened to his friends talk, and as the game he still had no clue that they were playing continued on he learnt of why the clinic was being opened.
"Well, its nothing so noble sorry to break your expectations, We just thought that if we were to also treat our customers on site, we could prevent them from biting the bullet and gain more capital from them. They get happy, we get happy, and they remain mostly safe and secure until the next need for a fix."

"So a safe injection site?, well i have a few potential's in mind depending on their performance reviews. But it cant be that simple is it."

"Faid not, Was also going to silently double as a below ground safe house in case you ever needed it."

As Damilus remained quiet for a moment he then softly blew out a smoke ring and then spoke solemnly as he played another card down. And looked at Sakurabe with a calm gaze and lightly spoke.

"Well let me see what I can do, might take a few months though, although I doubt the clinic is in production stage yet."

For a moment it remained rather quiet and they silently played and then after a few minutes, Damilus then lightly spoke once more after a long draw off his cigar. As she lightly watched the smoke vanish into the grey air, he then turned towards his friends and marked his question.

"Ever heard the name Tsukino?"

Queitly his friends lowered there cards and then leaned in close as if not to be overheard and then spoke.

"Ya, an old affiliate of ours, broke off about twenty years ago to start his own enterprise, we've kept relations on good terms, why? they do somethin to ya Mr. Damilus?"
"If that brat hurt our savior we'll show them out collective might, well fuckin kill em dead and leave only ashes."
" "Damn right." "

Quickly, Damilus gave a parental look and waved his hand to show that the assumption of the three which they were making was completely wrong and then continued with his line of words.

"No, no I just saw the name and couldn't remember where i'd heard it, one of my students is named a Tsukino, Taiga..."

For a moment the four men remained silent as if thinking, although in doing so there cards were completely open, although Damilus couldn't use that new information since he didnt know what the heck they were playing in the first place. But as the four of them suddenly looked up and made a unison slap of a fist into a open hand like motion as if they had all be hit by the same idea. They all quickly spoke overlapping each other with a same sentence, which made the action a little creepy.

""""Ahh, Taiga, yes, I've held her as a baby... cute kid, haven't seen her in ages...""""

As Damilus lightly shook his head, the four men lightly blushed and looked away for a moment while lightly coughing and then the five continued chatting about various other things until the food was served. As they put away the cards and replaced it for eating utensils while Damilus didn't like extravagance, he let it slide for today and enjoyed the meal which was an extremely spicy mapo tofu with various sides. As they were eating however some how or another it came back to the topic of the name Taiga Tsukino and the young woman behind it.

"So, have you met her yet, Tsukiuno's kid? Master Damilus?"

As Damilus quickly chewed down a helping of rice and red pepper that had been in his mouth and swallowed trying to ignore the burning pain in the back of his throat and responded lightly and warily smiled.

"No, not yet, i'd only got the list today as I was reassigned to teach the Japanese and English Lit, I'm technically a science major so this new direction was a hit from out of left field."

"Well, be careful round her she not a bad kid deep down, but growing up in the family is difficult. I can only give you reference for my occasional meetings with her as a child, but while she was the darned sweetest little tyke but she was already on a path of difficult attitude problems. Don't take it to heart, but knowing you, you'll worm your way into her heart one way or another..., just kinda what ya do. "

Jezz, make me sound like a parasite why don't you... Although your not wrong considering my talent...

As Damilus had such a dark internal thought pass through his head, he continued his wary smile as he shoveled into his mouth another spoonful of Mapo tofu as if it was water and enjoyed the warmth that spread across his mouth. However as the five of them quietly ate, not much conversation continued until much later when they had finished eating and had started playing cards for sums of money late into the night. As the guards went into a more stealthy position the "Restaurant" moved into a more seedy full swing as women lured more men into the location.
Although he had no doubt the men were having a fairly good time, no doubt the bill was going to hurt them in more ways then one.

As Damilus was silently watching such affairs, he felt something... A flare of energy that had been powerful enough to for a moment break the curse on his glasses. Of course Damilus quickly closed his eyes to prevent anyone from seeing his silver eyes and lightly removed his glasses and recast the spell on them under the table away from watchful eyes while wiping them with a cloth as cover.
But as he replaced his glasses and placed them on his face and quietly opened his eyes, although the flare had disappeared, the edge of what such a flare had meant made him tense. extremely tense and very curious on who or what had release such a flare of energy.

Not many were so utterly stupid and foolhardy enough to make such a commotion. Which meant logically it was either a summoning gone very wrong, or something had forcefully slipped into their world via considering the overall output of the flare which had last all of but a few precious seconds.

As Damilus slowly rose he looked to Hikaru, and then calmly smiled, although the slight tension could be seen from his overall poster which seemed even straighter then a moment ago. Quickly Damilus spoke and rose a hand apologetically to his friends and started to move out of the island.

"Sorry Hikaru, Jahke, Sanzou, Chiba, i just remembered something i have to complete for my Center, we were getting low on some important prescriptions which i'll need to send to the supplier. Please excuse me, i'll see you in two weeks."

As Damilus quickly turned around almost running without listening to them say good bye, behind him his friends looked considerably worried. Since they had seen a face they hadn't seen in a long time, in fact it was a face they'd only seen once before.
When they had walked only inches away from death and Damilus had been the only one to save them and swear them into an arcane secrecy.
Although they didn't mind the price that if they revealed his secrets they could count their lives as completely over.
But since in their eyes there lives had been saved they had already considered that they belonged to Damilus anyway, and if he needed them to help all he needed to to was ask.

As they watched him disappear however they silently wished they had the power to go and chase after that fading back.

The moment Damilus had exited the restaurant, his escort's had tried to walk him back, but he quickly refused and gave them a steely glare that made them freeze in place and then quickly apologized and ran off into the night towards his bike disappearing like a ghost while they wondered exactly what could make the usually kind Damilus seem so... excited...
However after a few moments of full blown running, Damilus had already climbed four flights of stairs and had reached his motorcycle and was fumbling with the key's and almost tore the seat off while trying to lift it up and reached in pulling out a deep blue cloak.

Quickly Damilus put away his glasses and threw them into the storage compartment and then was changing lightly opening a button on his shirt. However from the moment he had thrown his glasses within the storage space he had been changing. Awakened like freshly born butterfly emerging from a pupa, or like a child who had found a new toy to play with. As Damilus's body became more skewed to a feminine form and grew a few inches shorter while his hips and chest grew more pronounced. At the same time his hair almost flowed out and yet Damilus without caring about the changed color lightly pushed it back behind her. (S)He had completed there transformation into a young woman, as as the outfit Damilsu had worn was changed into a deeply black dress, She threw the cloak over top herself and fastened it's underlay to her form and then reached once more into the storage and pulled out a marble white mask with red paint near the eyes and cheek.
As Damilus placed her cloak over her head and attached the mask to her face with a hidden medical adhisive. She became an enigma as her silver eyes hid in the dark reaches of the mask and stared out at the world.

Slowly Damilus climbed to the top of the parkade like a whisper in the night and emerged alone amidst the silent cars.
Slowly in her vision the world had gone through a complete 180 degree flip as her eyes showed the real form of the world acting.
As the powerful magical catalysts they were this was another price and gift gained: The power to see what she wished and what she didn't wish. Mana, magic, abominations, visions of the future, of the past. Various types of magical elements, gods and demons, nothing was off limits and it was all in its own right an absolute curse.
Yet what filled her vision like always was a blinding fog that helped block out everything in a twinkling white and grey monochrome of color. However the twinkling within the fog was in reality the countless flickers of burning flames which worked to spreading that fog which was coated the air and blocked out the sun.

And yet strangely the fog seemed to be attracted to Damilus swirling as if she were the heart of a rouge black hole drawing everything in and leaving nothing the chance to escape outwards. In this magical vision, this was the truth. This was His curse of Immortality...
His paraidum of "Magica Metafor'a Anima" which was really just fancy for, Soul Transference Magic, his talent that allowed him to strip everything from a victim by interfering directly with their soul, with the mana which bound that soul to their physical body.
To rob them of there lives and right to exist, it would become his after all by default even if he hadn't done anything. But in order to limit the damage he would do, he automatically stole the very minimum, a single second after even a hundred years a single second was no longer enough for the cries that would torment him... It was never enough for his goal...

However with that almighty flare that had rose for only a moment, that glare that had burned through a curse and destroyed it like it had been paper... Something had changed, if he could harness it, will it to her control... maybe even there goal could finally be achieved.

Slowly the cloaked enigma walked, her heeled shoes clicking lightly. She stepped on cars and remained uncaring to the torrent of alarms that blared nosily behind her path. without concern she leaped onto the safety railing that surrounded the roof of the parkaid. And lit by moonlight overhead.
Lit by the colors of Tokyo's, Shinjuku's nightlife. The enigma looked incomparably lonely and yet quietly a small chuckle escaped the unmoving mask's lips as the enigma was swirled in and consumed the surrounding life force greedily... However as the hollow eyes flared for a moment in silver flash. The maidens silver eye's hidden in the darkness looked into the distance of where the flare had erupted.
And within them at the moment was no love, not a shred of kindness or purity that may have been in it before.
And instead only a carnal desire had been born and remained...

She would have it... that she promised in madness as a horrible cackle was fully released from her lips.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:36 am

Isaac D'Estreta
Main Desk

The bell above the door tinkled once more as the woman left, but Isaac's mind barely registered her exit. Instead, he was focused intently on Damilus' face. The smile seemed to be becoming less pained and more genuine by the moment, but he wasn't sure if that was actually any indication of how Damilus actually felt or simply what he wanted Isaac to feel like. After a moment's consideration, Isaac forced himself to relax a little. If Damilus had the self-control to pretend that convincingly to be fine, it couldn't be that much of an act, now could it?

At Damilus' spoken reassurance Isaac felt his jaw unclench, an ache burning dully along its length as if to chide him for being so worried. And he knew he shouldn't be. Damilus could look after himself without needing a twenty-six year-old librarian, of all people, worrying over him. Hell, he'd managed to survive for over two hundred years despite being a mage and actively seeking fairly dangerous materials, if the incident with the Daemonologie was any indication. He could look after himself perfectly well, whether or not Isaac worried.

Which didn't stop him from worrying anyway.

But as Damilus continued to talk, worry gave way to puzzlement and curiosity. Hints? He'd certainly seemed a little...off, but Damilus was far enough from normal to start with that Isaac had paid it no mind. Damilus had been trying to tell him something? Why could he not just come out and say it? Was it meant to be a secret? If so, why tell him, and why now? And what did he mean that he was returning something he'd stolen? It looked more like he'd given Isaac something unilaterally than he'd received some sort of net exchange. As he opened his mouth to ask Damilus changed track once again, promising a proper talk in a few days, and Isaac closed his mouth. He'd have all the answers he wanted. Just not now.

The soft ringing of the bell had his head snapping up in time to see the door close on Damilus' back. With a small, soft smile tugging at his lips, he gave a small wave before turning to the leather-bound book on his desk. Grabbing one of the "Please Wait" cards, he popped it on the desk before grabbing Daemonologie and sprinting up the stairs with the book tucked under his arm. Careening down the corridor, he slid his keycard through a reader and slid into the Metaphysical wing, heading to the back where another keycard reader sat next to another door. Swiping his card through that too, the reader buzzed happily and Isaac opened the door onto a room filled with rows and rows of squat, metal safes. Scanning along the rows, Isaac picked one apparently at random and took the key from on top of it, sliding it into the lock and turning.

With a heavy clunk, the lock released and the door slowly swung open to reveal a wall of metal with a letterbox slit in its front. Taking Daemonologie, Isaac slipped it through the deep letterbox until he heard the flump of leather hitting metal on the other side. Closing the door again, a turn of the key locked the volume away and Isaac stood up, placed the key back on the top of the safe and turned to leave. Now that he'd dealt with that, he needed to start looking into whatever Damilus had done.

Reaching the main desk, somewhat out-of-breath from the exercise he'd had to do, Isaac collapsed into the chair and considered what information he had to work with. Damilus had been returning a "lump sum", which implied whatever he'd been stealing had been stolen in bits and pieces. Information number one. The second piece of information was Damilus' hint about retracing and translating the "aria". The third was the line he'd spoken as a part of the spell. The fourth was Isaac's own experience of the spell, how it had made him feel so much more alive than normal, and what he could remember of Damilus' reaction to the spell.

The first thing he did was to write out the line, in as many different spellings as he could possibly imagine. Glancing down at the sheet of paper before him, he considered. An aria was usually a line in opera singing, so he could take a guess that this was what Damilus had called the aria, given that it seemed to be the vocal component of the spell. And of all of the words there, one jumped out at him more than the rest. He had never really studied languages much, but he could still recognise one of the words there, and the implications frightened him.

Anima. Life. The force which separated humans, plants and animals from the other bundles of chemical reactions on Earth. Soul-stuff, if you wanted to think about it that way. The fabric of being which determined so much about a person at birth. It was the matter which was integral to being truly alive and, if Isaac's guess was right, Damilus had been stealing it. A cold shiver traced its way up his spine as he thought about it. It made sense, he supposed. How he could withstand the curse in Daemonologie. How he was immortal, or almost-immortal, Isaac supposed. Why the spell had made Isaac feel so alive...because that was literally what it had been doing.

But at the same time, something deep inside of him protested against the very idea of it. The slightest frown flickered over his face as he felt a questing tendril of revulsion uncurl in the it of his stomach. Damilus stole lives. He killed other people faster so that he could live longer. A small shudder swept through his body at the idea, and the fact that Damilus had stolen from him. He'd knowingly and willingly killed Isaac, even if it was just a tiny bit, in order to extend his own life. And he'd survived for two hundred and thirty-four years...he'd stolen at least one hundred and seventy years off of people. And that estimate didn't include any additional lives he'd had to drain as a result of injury or curse.

With a small sigh, he slid down in his chair. So. One of his closest friends was a vampire who'd been stealing his life for the past eleven years. On the one hand, Isaac was glad he'd found out this way. It was better than figuring it out on his deathbed, for sure, and at least Damilus had returned what he'd taken. But on the other hand, there was...something else. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but there was something visceral in his core telling him that he was...what? Angry? Hurt? Ashamed? He didn't know. Right now, he was too confused to sort out his feelings properly.

Which probably explained why Damilus hadn't come straight out and said it plainly. Isaac simply didn't know what he'd do if Damilus was here right now, and he wasn't sure if Damilus had known either. So...he was giving Isaac time to sort his feelings out before he came back again to answer questions. Which all made sense. It all made absolute, one hundred percent, perfect sense.

So why did he feel so uneasy all of a sudden?

Saint Morning
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:14 am

Dark Kingdom- Antarctica

Within the depths of the Antarctic, encased under several layers of thick sheets of ice, exists an extensive cavern that stretched for miles. Within this treacherous environment a young red-headed woman of euro-american lineage made her way through it’s maze-like depth, a flashlight in one hand and a notepad in the other.

This woman was none other than Marie Blanche, an american arctic scientist age 24. The young scientist was searching the newly discovered catacombs, looking for anything of value. It was a completely different environment from the cold, barren landscape that existed on the surface, it was uncharacteristically warm and there was moss and other plant-life decorating the cavern walls.

The longer she explored the caverns the more they began to seem more like some sort of ruins. She should be excited, after all, she could have potentially found the existence of an ancient nations lost under the Antarctic ice-sheet. However she felt uneasy and a feeling of familiarity overcame her… as if she had been here before, which didn’t make any sense.

Her suspicions of the cavern being remnants of an old realm was confirmed at the sight of a pair of massive, rusty, iron doors at the end of the hall. She didn’t even place her hand on the door before it opened itself for her and revealed a mostly empty room, with the exception of a giant pedestal that stood in the centre.She had been tempted to turn around and hightail it outta there, but something pulled her towards the centre of the room… like some sort of invisible force.

The doors closed behind her the moment she stepped in.

“Marie… I’ve been waiting for you.” An ancient, dark, voice echoed throughout the room. The young red-headed american’ eyes widened and she stumbled backwards. “Or should I call you…”

Before Marie could react she was consumed Darkness. She let out a piercing scream as she clutched her head, feeling a dark presence etch into her brain. Her green eyes illuminated brightly as her body began to morph and change into something new.

Her hair lengthened to her waist as the shade turn from an orangey-red to a more fire-red. Her vibrant green eyes shifting to a pair of dull orange ones, her skin became paler and her lips turned dark-purple. Her clothing transformed into a simple, form-fitting dark-purple dress, with the top of her dress pointed in towards her neck, and a background of black. A silver armlet and a bracelet, along with two small horns peaking out from her shoulders. A forehead crest, shaped like a black, upside-down boomerang, with two white dots up and down appeared on her forehead. Along with a turquoise stone wrapped around in gold strips and similar earrings.

“Queen Beryl!”

The one formerly known as Marie smirked and raised her head, she bowed slightly to the dark voice. “Thank you my liege for awakening me.”

“You have been dormant for far too long Beryl. You must continue your mission, drain humanity of its energy to empower me so that we can take over this wretched planet once and for all.” The voice commanded and Queen Beryl nodded in response.

Behind her four men appeared from the shadows. Turning the Queen took in their appearance, two of them had the appearance of men from the country of Japan while the other two were more european in appearance.

“You remember the four Heavenly Kings don’t you?”

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:25 pm

Sailor Moon

The newly awoke Senshi continued to inspect herself in the mirror, still in utter disbelief.

"This is so bizarre, how did this even happen?" Luna rolled her eyes as she jumped onto the bathroom sink.

"Taiga, now isn't the time: you have a mission. You need to find the other Scouts and protect the Princess. It is imperative that you understand the weight of your position as Sailor Moon. If we aren't careful, the enemy will succeed!"

But Taiga was preoccupied with other matters. Finally, in exasperation, Luna bit her hand. The girl reacted by swatting at the cat.

"Hey, what was that for?" But before Luna could answer, the pair felt a dark energy erupting in the south. The two ran to the window, but could see nothing. Luna was visibly upset.

"This is bad, very bad." Luna jumped out of the window as Sailor Moon jumped out after her.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?"

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Damilus Wilt

Damilus stood upon the railing still bathed in the both city and moonlight as the noisy car alarms yelled underneath her with their flashing lights. While it was annoying compared to the general clamor of the city, it was overall nothing.
however as Damilus was about to jump off the of the building and leap into the air to start the trek across the city from rooftops and skyscrapers to the where the flare had appeared from. However before she could, Damilus sensed the sound of heavy footsteps approaching from beneath her as a security guard appeared from the ramp way with a flashlight. For a moment the security guard groaned as he saw the four or five cars wailing away and then while carefully sweeping the area for what had set off the alarms then approached the noisy vehicles and checked under and around for anyone hiding.

As the security guard lightly sighed from relief at there was no thief's at least in waiting, he then took out a small note pad and started cross referencing the license plate numbers with scribbles of names and numbers in order to contact the owners. As the guard placed the flashlight in between his armpit and angled the light upwards the read the writing while holding a phone. He then caught glimpse of the standing Damilus above him as a heavy wind lightly blew the cloak creating noise.

As Damilus quietly looked at the guard, underneath she lightly smiled from her mask as the guard quickly dropped his notepad from a jumpscare from seeing the cloaked and masked Damilus and then started yelling thinking she was a suicide jumper having connected her and the ongoing alarms, thinking that the figure had used them as a footstep for an easier climb. As the guard quickly took and lowered the light on his flashlight and aimed it at Damilus, his voice calmly responded but was thick with empathy.

"Oh Christ, take it easy buddy... Trust me, I've been in this same place, that your feeling now...
The overlook of the city, i admit its breathtaking and the ground looked welcoming, a quick drop and its all over.
but trust me when i say this, it not worth it. What ever problem you have, This is not the way to deal with it, Talk to me, if you need a friend the come down from there. if you need to talk about your problems, you have my ears and advice... just please, don't take that next step.

This is not the easy way out."

As the guard looked at Damilus, Damilus looked back, her eyes hidden by the mask watching him with curiosity. She could see the true concern within his eyes, and yet she as she watched the guard she only found disdain. He was an annoyance, his excessive extra body fat from an unhealthy diet, his arteries clogged by plaque waiting to burst, his boastful preaching... He had no right, none what so ever to talk like that.

So unhealthy, so wasteful of his most precious gift, and while it was his to live, how he treated himself without care for the consequence only annoyed Damilus. Slowly her smile grew lighter and cocked her head as if she had been thinking about what the guard said.
He wanted her down... alright then, she would come down as per his request, it was the least she could do to comply to his last wish...
As Damilus quietly stared at him, she found quickly which proper idea happily formed within her brain as she chose his 'punishment'.
Slowly her body swayed and the guard opened his eyes wide expecting the worst to see the figure before him vanish into the beyond down several levels. But calmly and silently Damilus stepped off of the railing and landed next to the guard.
As he visibly sighed in relief Damilus looked at the guard and trembled as if scared realizing what she was about to do on a moments courage and jumped into the guard and cried as if scared.
Although the guard couldn't quite understand why the figure had almost decided to end their life, as he lightly gave a hug back, he could tell that the sobbing was from a woman at least.

However as Damilus hugged the guard, her hug was slowly but surely getting stronger and in his ears she whispered in a foreign language lightly.
It was almost a song, but with every word, the guard oddly felt weaker and more sick. As he tried to push the hugging figure away from him, he couldn't find the strength to separate himself and screamed like bloody murder out of fear. But soon the guard didn't even have the strength to continue screaming hoping that someone might notice and was forced to stare at the figure as they looked at him in the eyes.

"Addolorata figlio perduto , così forte eppure abbandonato .
Chi ti pregare , quando alla fine .
Chi è pensieri non si dirigono a , come si vede le luci di oblio .
bambino tranquillo , non hai nulla da temere.
Il vostro sonno sarà tranquillo , come si scompare .
Abbi pietà deitys curiosi , che guardano questa morte silenziosa .
E guidare questo bambino , in una luce eterna .
Oh bambino sperduto abbandonato da questo mondo ... Ora scivolare nel buio e rammarico nascere ."

It was then the guard could only watch in silence as he saw silver staring back at him from the hollow slits which gave the figure there eyes.
They were beautiful and yet horrifying as he found himself frozen with even further fear. However as he stared at the figure his vision was growing more blurry and unsteady as if drunk, and the song the figure had been singing seemed like it was getting more and more further away as if drowned out by a sea.
And soon as the guard couldn't hear or see anymore, their consciousness completely faded away.

Damilus stood quickly alone on the top of the parkade, in her cloaked arms the clothing of the security guard lightly blew in the wind as grey dust shifted out of it and flew into the night sky. As the clothing slipped away and landed quietly before the cars, Damilus watched in silence for a moment. Then lightly as if having lost interest in the clothing, Damilus quietly turned away from the small remnants of dust and lonesome clothing and jumped back onto the railing and turned sharply towards the south for a moment.

In her eyes a haze, a strange dark haze for a moment had washed over the sky and the disappeared... however unlike the flash that had appeared before, this one had been more powerful, Far more powerful to the point where Damilus felt herself shake. Slowly her silver sight was shifting through various things as if trying to see what had caused such a powerful wave of energy. Yet nothing as Damilus looked at the city which could only summon several potential conclusions.
Either something very powerful had made a shift in reality, or whatever had made that wave was very far away.
once more Damilus smiled quietly under her solemn looking mask. As she put whatever the wave had been away in the back of her mind, She slowly looked towards where the flare had appeared from and choose to stop wasting time and jumped toward the west running ontop of the rooftops like a shadow.
Last edited by Neo ORB on Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:12 am

Isaac D'Estreta
Main Desk

Isaac glanced up as the bell tinkled once again and saw the genial face of Tom as he pushed into the building. Standing up, Isaac maneouvered his way around the desk and nodded lightly to Tom as the other man took his face. Tom had only been working with the Library for a few years, but he'd integrated into their team as fast as anyone Isaac had seen. He simply had the gift of being able to smile so brightly that everyone around him felt inexplicably cheerful. It was something Isaac was glad for, not to mention that Tom was an endless source of light banter.

"Isaac!" He grinned, "How goes the day?"

"Quietly." Isaac replied, lips twitching a little, "Are you ready to take the desk."

"Of course, of course." Tom nodded enthusiastically, "Any interesting news?"

"Damilus stopped over and took his order." Isaac said, "A couple other people showed up too. Other than that? None."

"I was actually asking whether you'd gotten around to finding a girl yet." Tom rolled his eyes, "But thank you for the update."

"You're not the first person today to ask me that." Isaac said, a smile ghosting over his face, as he headed for the door, "And my answer's the same: I've got too much to do right now."

"That's always your answer." Tom grinned, "You need to make time for that kind of thing."

"I'll see about it." Isaac said as he slid out of the door, the tinkle of the bell forestalling any reply from Tom. Stepping out onto the street, he glanced around and took his bearings. He knew he should really be having breakfast now, but his curiosity drove him onwards to find out what the flash had been. He'd never encountered something capable of blinding his Second Sight, even close-up, but this had done it from so far away it passed straight through interesting to frightening. But it also gave him a rough direction seared onto his mind to follow, and his feet were already taking him that way.

Isaac never really liked heading out of the Library. There were too many people, too much which he couldn't see or predict. It was like stepping into a kaleidoscope, with all the disorientation and confusion which that entailed. He hated it to a degree which, frankly, scared him, but it was a necessary evil in this case. Not to mention that his curiosity would not allow him to not find out what that had been. And something of that power was going to cause problems eventually. If he could get a look at it now, he could get to work on figuring out what it was.

Navigating his way through crowds filled with more people than he'd usually see in a week, Isaac eventually began to find himself in residential areas. His Second Sight was telling him that the flash had originated from around here somewhere, so that meant...what? He'd heard of 'bedroom occultists', Hell, he even knew a few. But you couldn't do something of that power with just chalk, incense and floorboards. There had to be more to it than bored, middle-class people with too much time on their hands. It had to be something major.

With a start, he realised he'd stopped outside of one of the houses. Looking over it, he couldn't see anything of any notability about the place. There was nothing about its design or construction to indicate that it was any form of resonator or channeling device, or even just a siphon. It seemed perfectly, completely normal and that worried Isaac even more. How did so much magic get produced here when there was nothingmagical about this place? It was a mystery compounded by the fact that there was something shining from the first floor in his Second Sight. Whatever it was, it was still here.

He took a slow, unwilling step towards the house. And then another. And then another. In a flash, the door was altogether far too close and his hand was raised to knock. Taking a deep breath, he thought about his options. If this was an Abomination, like the one from...before, knocking would draw its attention. Given it's power, he might not even have time to realise it was there before he was dead, one way or another. But it didn't look like an Abomination. It looked like...something else. Not a Mage, but not a normal human either. And certainly not an Abomination.

But whatever it was, it was powerful.

Before his curiosity and self-preservation managed to conclude their final grapple, something wrapped around Isaac's Second Sight like a blindfold, smothering it under a roiling, twisting sea of darkness for a few seconds. A tide of revulsion welled up in the pit of his stomach, rising into the back of his throat. Distantly, he heard a heavy thunk as his body crashed into the door before a flash of light in his vision as his head cracked against it. Collapsing to his hands and knees, retching desperately, he saw the unnatural darkness vanish, like the light from whoever-was-in-here. But this seemed...malicious? The flash before had been energy, pure and simple, but he'd never seen shadows as the aural result of a spell. And he couldn't even begin to explain shadows which moved.

The thought, and subsequent rush of fear, was enough to tip a delicate balance and send what little was in his stomach dribbling off of his lips to the floor below.

Saint Morning
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:13 am

Tokyo- Grandberry Mall- 7:00 pm

The mall was bustling with life as humans went from store to store procuring items of their desire, unaware that they were being spied on by Queen Beryl. She revelled in the energy she was sensing from the horde of human, while one single human was insignificant together they were powerful.

Which is why she desired to drain the entire mall worth of humans of their energy. With their power they would be one step closer to achieving their goal of ruling this pitiful planet. “Zoisite, Jadeite.” The self-proclaimed Queen called out.

Within her Crystal ball she could see the forms of the two heavenly kings. Zoisite a male of Japanese heritage with has wavy auburn hair pulled back in a ponytail. The ponytail is held in a green band. Zoisite has a blue-grey suit with green trim. He has a thin black belt, tall black boots, white gloves, and small green stud earrings.

The other, Jadeite, a male of european heritage, his hair is blonde and his eyes are blue. He wears the standard grey Shitennou uniform, which has red accents and is coupled with a pair of knee-high maroon boots

“You know what to do.” She said.

“Yes Queen Beryl.” Both knights appeared within the mall, floating far above the humans below, completely unnoticed by them.

“Are you going to do the honours or should I?” Jadeite questions.

Zoisite smirks. “I suppose I could do it. After all I would do a better job than you.” Jadeite rolled his eyes at Zoisite.

“Now is not the time for petty squabbles.”

“There’s always time for petty squabbles dearie, but I suppose Queen Beryl would get impatient if we take too long.” Zoisite responded as he his hand into the air.

A bolt of dark energy would strike at several humans, transforming them into monsters, which caused the other humans to scream and run away in fear.

However, before they could leave the mall, Jadeite used his magic to create a barrier which prevented them from escaping. The humans would soon feel their energy being drained from them as Jadeite procured an orb that feed off it. “Humans produce far more energy when their scared, it’s almost impressive really.” Jadeite said as he watched the orb slowly fill up with energy.

“Whatever, i’m going to check out some of these shops. Thought I saw an old navy sale when we entered.” Zositie responded before teleporting away, leaving Jadeite to his own devices.
Last edited by Saint Morning on Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:06 pm

Taiga

The college student chased the cat for what seemed like an eternity, until the pair reached the Juban shopping distract.

"Luna, hey, Luna, wait up!" Sailor Moon shouted at the cat, to no avail: Luna just wasn't slowing down. Taiga was growing more and more frustrated.

Great, I'm wasting an entire evening chasing some cat I just met in this stupid outfit. For all I know this is just some dream--or terrible nightmare. Ah shit. Finally, however, she caught up with Luna, who was looking at a large mall. The sun had just set, and yet it looked like the mall was closed.

"Strange," Taiga said as she neared Luna, "this mall is usually bustling at this time. I wonder what's going on?" Luna turned to the Guardian.

"This is exactly what I feared, Taiga-chan. The enemy is inside." Taiga gave her a puzzled look.

"The enemy? I don't know what you're talking about," she said airily, opening the door. The building was completely dark, with an eerie stiffness in the air. Luna followed close behind.

"Luna, I don't like the look of this place," Taiga said, looking around. Something was generally off about this place.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse