NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy OOC II (Closed, Fantasy/Slice of Life)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:08 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Teacher Application:

Name: Ruby 'Kusanagi' Kasoura
Appearance:
Element: Darkwind and Water
Subject: Disciplinary Officer, Head of Security
Personality: Ruby, or 'Kusanagi', as she is called by Professor Ruta, is a mostly silent individual who almost never converses with students or teachers, often being seen as a distant person who does not care for socialization to any extent. And this is a fairly accurate description of her, as she does have a deep-rooted mistrust of those she does not know, men in particular.

Though she will never say so, she has an absolute hatred of prideful, self righteous individuals who feel as if they do not need to justify their actions, no matter how cruel they are. Ruby may never be able to participate in debate, she does not hesitate to show scorn to 'Mage Supremacists' and 'Noblebloods', despite serving the former, albeit reluctantly.

Even if it is plain for all to see that Ruby puts her duty above all else, even her own rest and well being, she does show compassion to students who are mistreated by those around them. She will never be able to say a single word, but she is always there for the students that need a helping hand, for she knows all too well what it is like to be neglected and alone.

Most odd about her, however, she finds a strange amusement when she sees students brought before her for simple acts of mischief or well meaning pranks that went wrong. It is known that she is more lenient on prankster types, but she does not forget past offenses, and nor does she forgive.
Likes: Peace and quiet, poetry, vigilance, subtle mischief, cool temperatures, Aquos, and Solums.
Dislikes: Obnoxious noise, mean spirited pranks, mindless antics, irresponsible students, hot temperatures.
Bio: Ruby Kasoura was raised in a poor urban area of San Francisco by a small, non-magical family that was rather impoverished and heavily indebted at the time of her birth. Her parents were usually away searching for work or doing odd jobs to provide for themselves and their daughter, but after Ruby's father ran away with another woman to escape the pressures of his marriage, which had steadily escalated into violence no thanks to their financial problems, he was never seen again, leaving Ruby and her mother to fend for themselves.

By the time she was thirteen, Ruby had discovered her magical powers after unintentionally making it rain inside her apartment, to which her mother did not at all respond well to, throwing a fit of rage at both her daughter's newfound abilities and her own misfortunes. Believing her daughter to be the source of all the bad luck she had been put through, she threw Ruby out of her own home.

From there, life barely improved for the girl. Without a home and without a guardian to protect her, Ruby became a wanderer, scraping by on the city streets and relying on thievery to survive. For a while, she thought she might even be able to escape the series of unfortunate events that had plagued her for so long.

But alas, her story would not end in such a way, as karma soon began to catch with the girl's misdeeds. Using her power to displace air to make herself silent, but not having mastered her control over her powers yet, Ruby attempted to pickpocket a nameless thug on the streets. As luck would dictate for her, the technique backfired just as she had gotten hold of some spare change, wherein the man noticed her and pulled a knife, threatening to cut her throat over something as simple as quarters and nickels.

Naturally, she ran away as fast as she could into the alleyways, only to be cornered by the dagger wielding hoodlum. Just as she was paralyzed by fear of what was to come, the thug was quickly dispatched by a Jaegar by the name of Tizona. Grateful to the hunter who saved her life, Ruby (despite Tizona's complaints and reservations) tagged along, eventually falling in with the Accord and the Jaegar crowd and being christened 'Kusanagi' by the Accord's leaders.

'Kusanagi' has served the First Accord of Mages for seven years, and in that time has grown to be a more strict figure with an appreciation for authority and strength. But even still, the childish Ruby has remained with the hardened swordswoman for all of her years, her idealism and wit unfading even as she grew old and jaded as a hunter.

Theme: Monster Without A Name

Short RP Sample: You can't make me, you blimey bastard!

You know, I was originally going to make her story extremely morbid, but writing it sent me into a depression, so I rewrote it to this instead. This version of her can still speak.

Should've made it morbid yo.

I freaking love morbid backstories.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:08 pm

Razzgriz wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Right. Forgot about the gym. Thank you. ^^

Oh yeah! Hello, Shade! Who she with though?

That moment when everyone replies while you were in class

>Remembers a Holy High post.

>Everyone responding while I'm in Algebra.

>Or that feel when you're walking to your car at night and someone kills off an important character while you're walking.

XD XD XD
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:09 pm

WAIT, THAT PICTURE IS ONE OF MY DESKTOPS, WHAT THE HECK.
Luminesa wrote:
Razzgriz wrote:That moment when everyone replies while you were in class

>Or that feel when you're walking to your car at night and someone kills off an important character while you're walking.

XD XD XD
I'm not sorry.

You need to write a speech, though. You do. You dooooooooo.

Razzgriz
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2014

Postby Razzgriz » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Luminesa wrote:

XD XD XD

:rofl:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
____ The Empire of the Iszkárien Isles____
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Learn more about it here

Interested in, or want to participate in the Beyond the Isles Project Click here

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:11 pm

Charlia wrote:
Rhomaia wrote:
Teacher Application:

Appearance:
Personality: Ruby, or 'Kusanagi', as she is called by Professor Ruta, is a mostly silent individual who almost never converses with students or teachers, often being seen as a distant person who does not care for socialization to any extent. And this is a fairly accurate description of her, as she does have a deep-rooted mistrust of those she does not know, men in particular.

Though she will never say so, she has an absolute hatred of prideful, self righteous individuals who feel as if they do not need to justify their actions, no matter how cruel they are. Ruby may never be able to participate in debate, she does not hesitate to show scorn to 'Mage Supremacists' and 'Noblebloods', despite serving the former, albeit reluctantly.

Even if it is plain for all to see that Ruby puts her duty above all else, even her own rest and well being, she does show compassion to students who are mistreated by those around them. She will never be able to say a single word, but she is always there for the students that need a helping hand, for she knows all too well what it is like to be neglected and alone.

Most odd about her, however, she finds a strange amusement when she sees students brought before her for simple acts of mischief or well meaning pranks that went wrong. It is known that she is more lenient on prankster types, but she does not forget past offenses, and nor does she forgive.
Likes: Peace and quiet, poetry, vigilance, subtle mischief, cool temperatures, Aquos, and Solums.
Dislikes: Obnoxious noise, mean spirited pranks, mindless antics, irresponsible students, hot temperatures.
Bio: Ruby Kasoura was raised in a poor urban area of San Francisco by a small, non-magical family that was rather impoverished and heavily indebted at the time of her birth. Her parents were usually away searching for work or doing odd jobs to provide for themselves and their daughter, but after Ruby's father ran away with another woman to escape the pressures of his marriage, which had steadily escalated into violence no thanks to their financial problems, he was never seen again, leaving Ruby and her mother to fend for themselves.

By the time she was thirteen, Ruby had discovered her magical powers after unintentionally making it rain inside her apartment, to which her mother did not at all respond well to, throwing a fit of rage at both her daughter's newfound abilities and her own misfortunes. Believing her daughter to be the source of all the bad luck she had been put through, she threw Ruby out of her own home.

From there, life barely improved for the girl. Without a home and without a guardian to protect her, Ruby became a wanderer, scraping by on the city streets and relying on thievery to survive. For a while, she thought she might even be able to escape the series of unfortunate events that had plagued her for so long.

But alas, her story would not end in such a way, as karma soon began to catch with the girl's misdeeds. Using her power to displace air to make herself silent, but not having mastered her control over her powers yet, Ruby attempted to pickpocket a nameless thug on the streets. As luck would dictate for her, the technique backfired just as she had gotten hold of some spare change, wherein the man noticed her and pulled a knife, threatening to cut her throat over something as simple as quarters and nickels.

Naturally, she ran away as fast as she could into the alleyways, only to be cornered by the dagger wielding hoodlum. Just as she was paralyzed by fear of what was to come, the thug was quickly dispatched by a Jaegar by the name of Tizona. Grateful to the hunter who saved her life, Ruby (despite Tizona's complaints and reservations) tagged along, eventually falling in with the Accord and the Jaegar crowd and being christened 'Kusanagi' by the Accord's leaders.

'Kusanagi' has served the First Accord of Mages for seven years, and in that time has grown to be a more strict figure with an appreciation for authority and strength. But even still, the childish Ruby has remained with the hardened swordswoman for all of her years, her idealism and wit unfading even as she grew old and jaded as a hunter.

You know, I was originally going to make her story extremely morbid, but writing it sent me into a depression, so I rewrote it to this instead. This version of her can still speak.

Should've made it morbid yo.

I couldn't make it work. I have enough traumatized characters already, I figured I would make her still sane.

Charlia wrote:WAIT, THAT PICTURE IS ONE OF MY DESKTOPS, WHAT THE HECK.

I can see into your computer, Lumi.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:13 pm

You know, thinking about it, the accord would really like to get their hands on Catherine. She is a Kennedy, and a fairly strong mage. They would be wet over her.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:13 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Should've made it morbid yo.

I couldn't make it work. I have enough traumatized characters already, I figured I would make her still sane.

Then you should be reading my stories. And listening to "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman, the song I was listening to. Depressing, but beautiful. :)

AND YES. BEHOLD, A GLIMPSE INTO RABBIT'S INNER DARKNESS.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Razzgriz
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Razzgriz » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:13 pm

Rhomaia wrote:

Oooooooooooo so close
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Learn more about it here

Interested in, or want to participate in the Beyond the Isles Project Click here

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:13 pm

Razzgriz wrote:
Luminesa wrote:>Remembers a Holy High post.

XD XD XD

:rofl:

Yup. :lol2:
-Alan Jackson

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:14 pm

Rhomaia wrote:

I nearly used Kusanagi's image as Ignis's faceclaim.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:15 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:You know, thinking about it, the accord would really like to get their hands on Catherine. She is a Kennedy, and a fairly strong mage. They would be wet over her.

Oh dear.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:15 pm

Luminesa wrote:

That is one of the many names of the devil.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Teacher Application:

Appearance:

Though she will never say so, she has an absolute hatred of prideful, self righteous individuals who feel as if they do not need to justify their actions, no matter how cruel they are. Ruby may never participate in debate, but she does not hesitate to show scorn to 'Mage Supremacists' and 'Noblebloods', despite serving the former, albeit reluctantly.

Even if it is plain for all to see that Ruby puts her duty above all else, even her own rest and well being, she does show compassion to students who are mistreated by those around them. She will rarely say a word, but she is always there for the students that need a helping hand, for she knows all too well what it is like to be neglected and alone.

This looks dark enough to me. O.o
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:16 pm

I just found a picture of a character that I'll probably never use.

Look at this little munchkin.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:

Nah, that's Calculus. Algebra is easy. Or at least for me it was. But then again, it took me three classes of Algebra to get it right. XD
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:17 pm

Saldinado wrote:I just found a picture of a character that I'll probably never use.

SO CUTE!!!
-Alan Jackson

Razzgriz
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Razzgriz » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:17 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:

I disagree Calculus is a more fitting name. Once you see it......you're never the same again.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Learn more about it here

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:17 pm

Saldinado wrote:I just found a picture of a character that I'll probably never use.

omg why didnt i see that before?! that wouldve been perfect instead of satoshi XD
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:18 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:

Nah, that's Calculus. Algebra is easy. Or at least for me it was. But then again, it took me three classes of Algebra to get it right. XD

It has numbers. Numbers aren't cool. Except when they indicate years in History. Then they are cool.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Nah, that's Calculus. Algebra is easy. Or at least for me it was. But then again, it took me three classes of Algebra to get it right. XD

It has numbers. Numbers aren't cool. Except when they indicate years in History. Then they are cool.

What about when they indicate how much money you've got? Those are numbers I like adding, but I don't get to do that as much as I'd like.
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Nah, that's Calculus. Algebra is easy. Or at least for me it was. But then again, it took me three classes of Algebra to get it right. XD

Colombus sailed the ocean blue in 1492.

The Battle of Lepanto was 1571.

The printing press was invented in 1450.

And mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.
-Alan Jackson

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:

Colombus sailed the ocean blue in 1492.

Yay facts I'll probably never use unless I get a highly specific job and continue long enough in that particular field for it to become relevant!!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Colombus sailed the ocean blue in 1492.

Yay facts I'll probably never use unless I get a highly specific job and continue long enough in that particular field for it to become relevant!!

Or if you play Europa Universalis. Which you should.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Rhomaia wrote:

IT'S ME, CHARLIA. NOT LUMI.

Also, sanity's overrated. Take it from me! *slasher smile*
Luminesa wrote:>Remembers a Holy High post.

XD XD XD
I'm not sorry.

You need to write a speech, though. You do. You dooooooooo.
HEY, LUMI!

Razzgriz
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Razzgriz » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:

What about when they indicate how much money you've got? Those are numbers I like adding, but I don't get to do that as much as I'd like.

Or when they indicate a good grade meaning you made it out of that class of hell.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Learn more about it here

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse