NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy OOC II (Closed, Fantasy/Slice of Life)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Mana Academy OOC II (Closed, Fantasy/Slice of Life)

Postby Rhomaia » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:51 pm

"For as long as any of us can remember, the concept of magic has been said to be the stuff of legends, myths, and fairy tales, a figment of human imagination that was obviously too good to be true. There is a whole world out there that believes such things, and refuses to think even for a moment that the things that the children see in their storybooks could be a reality, that wizardry is not such a far fetched idea after all. However, for the world that the rest of us know, magic is anything but fantasy."

"Some of us have been exposed to it for our entire lives, immersed in the culture and traditions of mage families. Others among us have only just been acquainted with the revelation. Even so, there are so many young mages today who have immense potential within them, but still have not reached the pinnacle of strength and knowledge that has been set before them. And that is where our illustrious Academy comes into play, to teach any aspiring young wizard or witch the lessons they ought to learn."

Mrs. Joan Anaximander,
Principal of Mana Academy.

Mana Academy has existed for hundreds of years and continues to thrive in the present day, making its home on a small island on the shores of Lake Superior, in North America. Students from all across the world are discovered, and approached to attend starting at age 14. These students, however, aren't like any other: They are mages, naturally predisposed to the use of elemental magic: The ancient magics of Fire, Earth, Air, and Water, and all the combinations thereof. Students who attend have purposefully or accidentally displayed potency in conjuring and manipulating these elements, usually with one element in particular. It is the role of this Academy to give the young witches and wizards of today the chance to grow and learn about both their talents and the world around them.

Our story has been an interesting one so far, filled with pride, drama, prejudice, romance, mystery, and bitter rivalry between students and teachers alike. Yet one question remains unanswered still... How will your story unfold?

Rules and Guidelines
-Do not Godmod, do not metagame, et cetera, et cetera.

-Post as often as you can. If you are unable to, or you'll be gone for a few days, say something to me or one of the Co-OPs.

-Most of your characters can use multiple elements, but try to stick with one main one as a focus.

-I'm the OP, and as such that means that my word is final. When I am not present, the same can be said for my Co-OPs.

-Keep the amount of cursing in your posts to a minimum.

-One liners are forbidden. This is a fully fledged roleplay, not a location/chat thread.

I have appointed Luminesa, Kingdom of Irhk and Charlia as Co-OPs. Respect their authority as you would respect mine.
Lore and the Academy
Work in Progress
There are four houses to choose from in Mana Academy. While you are sorted into a house based on your proficiency at orientation, you can choose to be in another house, if you desire. Houses share class time with others, and are rarely segregated, save for sleeping, and specific elemental activities.

Solum: Solum mages are mages of the earth. They follow a strict honor code, and believe that the path towards an ideal life is through hard work and trustworthiness. Solum mages are taught from an early age to be resourceful, independent, and live off of the land they are given. However, this also tends to turn these mages into incredibly stubborn and selfless people.

Ignis: Ignis mages are of fire, and are cunning, bold, and take charge. Never ones to shy away from a challenge or change who they are for others, the mages of fire burn the brightest in all aspects of their lives. However, this also means they burn hottest, and are quite brash and quick to anger.

Venta: Venta mages, which control wind, are athletic, carefree, and creative. While they may not command great respect or responsibility as often as their peers, they much prefer to be free to do as they please, and make life a smiling affair while they do so. Never standing still however, Venta mages can also tend to be unfocused, naive, or not as well respected.

Aquo: Aquo mages, who manipulate water, are level-headed, collected, and intelligent. Not preferring to be leaders as much as Ignis mages, but not as supporting as Solum mages, Aquo students prefer to work secluded but have their achievements admired by all. Ever the academics, Aquo students are often fascinated by the inner workings of the mind. However, they can also be obsessive, introverted, and unable to handle stress.

Little is truly known about how magic was discovered, even by the Noble Houses, but there have always been legends, fables, and fairy tales surrounding the origins of Mages, passed down from generation to generation, especially among the older and wiser families in the Magical World. Though the authenticity of the events that unfold in the tales are questionable at best, it is more often than not that the lessons within the myths are strictly adhered to.

The Inquisition

The Inquisition is a paramilitary and police force created to combat the rising threat of rogue mages in the twentieth century. It drew from many other similar organization when it was founded in 1933 in the United States. It earn initial renown for helping to defeat the black mages used by Nazi Germany, and continued in the tumultuous years after the war. They were even incorporated as a NGO in the United Nation charter. Eventually a dark side of the organization started to emerge, as it started to more and more resemble its name sake of the middle ages. As the list of dead innocents and abuses of power grew, it has lost much of its former prestige and is now viewed with fear mistrust by most mages.

The First Accord of Mages

The First Accord of Mages, or simply known as the Accord in most circles of the Magical World, was a political organization founded in 1854 in an effort to promote cooperation and friendship between the countless disunited magical clans and academies across the world in order to foster a spirit of solidarity and strength against the threat of Black Mages in their time. Under the symbol of the blue moon, they worked towards a bright future, for both the magical world and all of mankind.

In recent years, however, the Accord has fallen from grace and lost it's popularity for it's adoption of policies relating to 'Mage Supremacy', which most of the magical community frowns upon and thus shuns the movement for. But by no means does this mean that the Accord is not influential in politics, quite the opposite. They remain among the largest followings in the Magical World, and use their power to conceal their world's very existence. Through political means, or otherwise...

Abusus Ordinis in Virtute
A knightly order founded in the time of the crusades, they originally fought to purge what they saw as the abuses of power by mages in the east. Later they started to realize the same corruption existed in Europe, and from their fortress in the mountains of Switzerland they dealt their brand of justice. It was swift brutal, but usually fair. They have maintained the same ethos into the modern world, and refused to join the Inquisition when it was formed. They have become the shock troops of the magical world, sent in to the most dangerous of situations, normally called in by governments to weak to fight black mages on their own, and ignored by the Inquisition.

The Applications
Please remember to remove parentheses & contents from the form!

Code: Select all
[b]Student Application[/b]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (14-18 years)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]House|Element:[/b] (Your house is usually what element you use (ex. Aquo = Water) However, your element may be a special version of that element, or a combination of 2 elements. Please put in the form "House|Element)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Animal:[/b] (Must be small enough to fit in your average school dorm)
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Theme:[/b] (This is not mandatory, and just helps to set a tone for a character's personality.)

[b]Short RP Sample:[/b]
Code: Select all
[b]Teacher Application:[/b]

[floatleft][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Element:[/b]
[b]Subject:[/b] (What subject do you teach? This can be as simple as math, or as complex as magical combat.)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Theme:[/b] (Optional, reason stated above.)

[b]Short RP Sample:[/b]
Last edited by Rhomaia on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:25 am, edited 8 times in total.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:54 pm

First, and you know it. :D
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:57 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:First, and you know it. :D

Aren't I the first? How does this game work in the first place? Are there any rules? I gots to know.

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Wassup?
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:First, and you know it. :D

Aren't I the first? How does this game work in the first place? Are there any rules? I gots to know.

It's first reply, see. I was the number one on the reply thing in the post list :D.
XD
I just needed something not boring to retag with.
Will that knightly order thing show up at random times to attack Tim because black mage?

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:02 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Rhomaia wrote:Aren't I the first? How does this game work in the first place? Are there any rules? I gots to know.

It's first reply, see. I was the number one on the reply thing in the post list :D.
XD
Will that knightly order thing show up at random times to attack Tim because black mage?

No, it's just a little bit of lore Chrome added in for one of her characters.

Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:Wassup?

\[T]/

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Hmm...This seems interesting.

I'm tagging this for later on.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:06 pm

wassup
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:07 pm

First. Post... for me anywho.
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:15 pm

We have a black mage?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:16 pm

Woodstovia wrote:We have a black mage?

Yours truly.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:17 pm

what's the char called, need to archive this shit

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:17 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:It's first reply, see. I was the number one on the reply thing in the post list :D.
XD

No, it's just a little bit of lore Chrome added in for one of her characters.

Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:Wassup?

\[T]/

Oh, ok. Works for me.

His name's Tim. No last name, just Tim.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:20 pm

not in the archive

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:21 pm

Woodstovia wrote:not in the archive

I know, because he just got accepted last night and I haven't put him there yet.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Boop.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:24 pm

After reading that I think Alex would have a crush on Tim if he wasn't unattractive

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:25 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Woodstovia wrote:We have a black mage?

Yours truly.

And Solomon.
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:26 pm

Woodstovia wrote:After reading that I think Alex would have a crush on Tim if he wasn't unattractive

How is he unattractive? Legitimately curious. You can't see much of him under that robe :p

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:28 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Woodstovia wrote:After reading that I think Alex would have a crush on Tim if he wasn't unattractive

How is he unattractive? Legitimately curious. You can't see much of him under that robe :p

I mean if Tim goes super black mage-y we have at least 2 teachers that are sworn to kill him, and one student.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:How is he unattractive? Legitimately curious. You can't see much of him under that robe :p

I mean if Tim goes super black mage-y we have at least 2 teachers that are sworn to kill him, and one student.

He likes cooking too much to do that. There are no ovens in hell that he knows of, other than hell itself, so he doesn't want to die just yet.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:29 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:

He's a weirdo in a big robe and shitty hat and Alex is narcissistic enough to feel entitled to only the most attractive of partners
Last edited by Woodstovia on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:32 pm

Woodstovia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:How is he unattractive? Legitimately curious. You can't see much of him under that robe :p

He's a weirdo in a big robe and shitty hat and Alex is narcissistic enough to feel entitled to only the most attractive of partners

Also we need to link the 2nd OOC in the IC's OP

First of all, how dare you insult the hat, second of all, he doesn't wear that 99% of the time. That's just for dangerous rituals and shit. Most of the time he just wears a suit or something similar. Because swanky.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:33 pm

That would be so tiring to walk around in and just deadly to cook in. Once again, baking is key. :D

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:34 pm

NOW THE PARTY DON'T START TIL I WALK IN!!!

...With a new App!

Teacher Application:

Name: Cecily Lockett/Clarent/Medora

House/Element: Aquo/Water

Subject Taught: Librarian/Nurse

Appearance:

Former Appearance:

Current Appearance:

Personality: She is very quiet, and does not like to talk. However, she will when she needs to. She is also usually very blunt, and is not afraid to speak her mind. Despite these things, she does hide a soft, vulnerable side, and is very feminine. She can also be very jealous and passionate, though she hides this behind a cool, polite demeanor.

Bio: A skilled young Mage, Medora was born in York, and was homeschooled by her mother, an excellent Water Mage who taught her how to control her magic. Medora ended up being a very successful Mage, and was recruited as a Jaëgar, directly out of high school. She fought well against many Dark creatures, killing many of them, but during a mission in France she disappeared suddenly. Thus, for years she was considered to have died on a mission. However, she has been found to be alive, much older and much less naive than she was before her disappearance, and she has thus come to the Academy in order to keep it on the down-low. She is incredibly skilled with Water Magic, but she is also skilled with illusions, and can shape-shift.

Theme Song: "Beauty and the Beast" by Derek and Brandon Fietcher

RP Sample: In the night I hear him tell the coldest story ever told...

Did I Read The Rules?: Joey, did you steal my sandwich?
Last edited by Luminesa on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse