NATION

PASSWORD

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yuzhou
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzhou » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:35 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Yuzhou wrote:Yooo

To jump in on the lore-fest, I'll make my case.

Iroh was originally heir to the throne, obviously.
it boils down to Lu Ten's (probably spelled wrong) death.
Post death: No chance Iroh would take the throne, unless he was only doing so till Zuko was ready to ascend.
Pre-death is the only time you could argue he would become Firelord. The Iroh we know was not exactly the same man before his son died. He actively took part in the war, and was quite accomplished martially.

Sure, Iroh has always been a good man, and so you could easily make the case that he'd end the war... but the Iroh we know is a direct result of his son's death.
Also Lu Ten would be heir obviously, not Zuko.

So yes this makes my point, the only way for Iroh to become Fire Lord was before the death of his son. But if we have the alt-history being Lu-ten didn't die, then he would be more Azulon than the Iroh we know. So I can't see a real way for him to take the throne here.

So yes, I think the scenario outlines makes sense.

Well, I mean, we could see that Iroh was a good person before his son's death. He just wasn't the traveled wise sage we know him as.
Thus it would be possible for him to end the war had he become Firelord, you just need him to have a reason.

Also, just as a side note that's not really related to this alt-history:
If I remember correctly, Azulon in his younger years was describe as somewhat pleasant. We obviously saw bits of Sozin's humanity. As twisted as him starting the war was, his original goals were noble. He got worse and worse after his confrontation with Roku, though.
Ozai is deff the most insane and power-hungry Firelord out of the bunch.
I have been previously known as Apfeldonia and Thimbyrland

Oh way down south in the land of cotton...

Water Earth Fire Air

Ironsbad
Minister

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:37 pm

Yuzhou wrote:Yooo

To jump in on the lore-fest, I'll make my case.

Iroh was originally heir to the throne, obviously.
it boils down to Lu Ten's (probably spelled wrong) death.
Post death: No chance Iroh would take the throne, unless he was only doing so till Zuko was ready to ascend.
Pre-death is the only time you could argue he would become Firelord. The Iroh we know was not exactly the same man before his son died. He actively took part in the war, and was quite accomplished martially.

Sure, Iroh has always been a good man, and so you could easily make the case that he'd end the war... but the Iroh we know is a direct result of his son's death.
Also Lu Ten would be heir obviously, not Zuko.

Makes sense since he is the next in line.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:39 pm

Yuzhou wrote:
North America Inc wrote:So yes this makes my point, the only way for Iroh to become Fire Lord was before the death of his son. But if we have the alt-history being Lu-ten didn't die, then he would be more Azulon than the Iroh we know. So I can't see a real way for him to take the throne here.

So yes, I think the scenario outlines makes sense.

Well, I mean, we could see that Iroh was a good person before his son's death. He just wasn't the traveled wise sage we know him as.
Thus it would be possible for him to end the war had he become Firelord, you just need him to have a reason.

Also, just as a side note that's not really related to this alt-history:
If I remember correctly, Azulon in his younger years was describe as somewhat pleasant. We obviously saw bits of Sozin's humanity. As twisted as him starting the war was, his original goals were noble. He got worse and worse after his confrontation with Roku, though.
Ozai is deff the most insane and power-hungry Firelord out of the bunch.

I imagined that once Ozai took control that the line was through his lineage now. Iroh lost his birthright for 'reasons' and now Ozai was Firelord. Zuko would have been next in line but he was banished and so Azula would easily had been Ozai's chosen successor. Ozai appears to not like his brother so I doubt he would allow it to go to him.

Also I think it would be pretty interesting to have Azula's mental state if the Fire Nation begins to lose ground in the war. The feeling that she is the one leading the nation to ruin may bring back mental issues and led to an interesting character arc. Having Iroh out of the fray may be interesting if a party asked him to be the new head after the war. Heck, he might convince a few fire nation soldiers to join him.

I always imagined the Lotus' power to be similar to the Valkyrie conspirators: the ability to get close enough in the chain of command to depose of a few high ranking officials but not enough to transfer power to their conspirators.

If they did, it becomes unbelievable and follows into Spectre or HYDRA territory: omnipotent organizations with endless resources. Their only purpose would be here would be to create a 'good' ending not a 'grey' ending that would be bittersweet.

This was my main points, do you see what I mean?

Rannoria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:43 pm

tag
This is Rannoria, don't forget to eat your own two feet!

please join the Federation of Allies

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:45 pm

Rannoria wrote:tag

Hey, any nations or kingdoms do you have in mind?

Yuzhou
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzhou » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:45 pm

North America Inc wrote:

Yes. So essentially, you just have to decide if Iroh or Ozai becomes Firelord.
Which I believe your hinting towards Ozai?

JUST to be clear, I'm not here to argue or anything. I'm just commenting on various ideas.
I know a LOT about Avatar, after all. Watched the show five times thus far.
Some people obsess about Star Wars, others Lord of the Rings...
For me, Avatar is my jam.

Also, Thanks guys. I have to bury my freetime....
Because I'm totally joining this.

Water Earth Fire Air

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:50 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Rannoria wrote:tag

Hey, any nations or kingdoms do you have in mind?

Well, I haven't watched the show too much, but I liked it.
So maybe an outcast union of bloodbenders, firebenders, metalbenders, and etc. Not really a nation, but a guild. A guild where they exclude people who bend only water, earth, fire, and possibly air. So like a more outsiders guild. Not a solid nation, but hey.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Yuzhou wrote:
North America Inc wrote:

Yes. So essentially, you just have to decide if Iroh or Ozai becomes Firelord.
Which I believe your hinting towards Ozai?

JUST to be clear, I'm not here to argue or anything. I'm just commenting on various ideas.
I know a LOT about Avatar, after all. Watched the show five times thus far.
Some people obsess about Star Wars, others Lord of the Rings...
For me, Avatar is my jam.

Also, Thanks guys. I have to bury my freetime....
Because I'm totally joining this.

Great! Cool to see you join.

What I am trying to say is if say divergence is when Aang is discovered, then Ozai would have already been Lord. Iroh although might be favorable to the White Lotus to see in power, is not in a position to make that happen. Hes far away on a boat and he has no desire for politics. The White Lotus may be able to kill Ozai but was not in a position to ensure their favorite takes control. Azula would be the only one in a position to see control and a ceasefire is declared for the whole secret reason to purge the ranks. Did you guys get what I mean?

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:03 pm

Rannoria wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Hey, any nations or kingdoms do you have in mind?

Well, I haven't watched the show too much, but I liked it.
So maybe an outcast union of bloodbenders, firebenders, metalbenders, and etc. Not really a nation, but a guild. A guild where they exclude people who bend only water, earth, fire, and possibly air. So like a more outsiders guild. Not a solid nation, but hey.

As of now, bloodbending is limited to an old, most likely dead, woman and metalbending has not become a thing yet.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:04 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Rannoria wrote:Well, I haven't watched the show too much, but I liked it.
So maybe an outcast union of bloodbenders, lightningbenders, metalbenders, and etc. Not really a nation, but a guild. A guild where they exclude people who bend only water, earth, fire, and possibly air. So like a more outsiders guild. Not a solid nation, but hey.

As of now, bloodbending is limited to an old, most likely dead, woman and metalbending has not become a thing yet.

Oh. Well you get the gist.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Hey is their a list of established factions that I need to know?
Not just the four kingdoms but specific nations I need to add?
So for example not the Earth Kingdom but specifically the Earth Kingdom of Bai SIng Se.

Yuzhou
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzhou » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:14 pm

North America Inc wrote:Great! Cool to see you join.

What I am trying to say is if say divergence is when Aang is discovered, then Ozai would have already been Lord. Iroh although might be favorable to the White Lotus to see in power, is not in a position to make that happen. Hes far away on a boat and he has no desire for politics. The White Lotus may be able to kill Ozai but was not in a position to ensure their favorite takes control. Azula would be the only one in a position to see control and a ceasefire is declared for the whole secret reason to purge the ranks. Did you guys get what I mean?

Ok, yeah, I gotcha.
If the change is that one turn of fate moment when Katara releases Aang, then essentially we see play out what you have as the OP scenario.

Iroh is out of the picture because Lu Ten is dead and he has already been swindled out of the throne.
Ozai get's decked and Azula ascends to the throne because the White Lotus was not powerful enough to install Zuko.

Which I'd imagine might be their next goal, should Azula prove to be all to hasty in attacking the other nations again.

North America Inc wrote:Hey is their a list of established factions that I need to know?
So for example not the Earth Kingdom but specifically the Earth Kingdom of Bai SIng Se.

Well, Depends. My opinion is that you should let the players make up their own factions. Normally, the Earth Kingdom would be split up into various kingdoms that are all essentially independent from the Emperor level title of Earth King in Ba Sing Se.

Water Tribes each get a leader, plus Foggy Swamp as a third Water factions. Players should also be able to become chieftains within the tribes. (probably my personal plan(
Fire Nation should have players focus on both managing inner politics and war. Specifically, Colonial Governors.

And then there is all the other factions that are more custom that players might wish to create.

But I can make a dedicated list if you wish, so people have an idea. Most titles will be taken from the CKII mod, probably.

Water Earth Fire Air

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:18 pm

North America Inc wrote:Hey is their a list of established factions that I need to know?

Fire Nation would have things like Ember Island, Fire Nation Islands, Fire Nation Colony of _____, Capital City(Fire Lord/Lady)

Earth Kingdom would have King of Omashu, Grand Secretariat of Ba Sing Se, Earth King, Gaoling, and perhaps a half dozen others that I don't have the energy to go searching for

Water Tribe would be smaller. Northern Water Tribe, Southern Water Tribe, Foggy Swamp, and Refugee

Indie would be things like the Mechanist, Sun Warriors, Jet's Gang as well as custom groups of benders/non-benders living in various parts of the Earth Kingdom, but not paying taxes to Ba Sing Se.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Yuzhou wrote:-snip-

1. So yes that would be their next plan, if they still have anyone else in the Fire Nation. A two year purge would be crippling to them here, especially considering their best warriors probably led the assault on Ozai.

2. Their will be two types: established and player factions.
Established obviously have more resources but at the cost of well personal liberties, and vice versa. The Earth and Water Kingdoms are a loose confederation so they can do whatever they want. The biggest faction here will be the Fire Nation itself, but their will be colonies on the Earth Kingdom. The Governors rule, but need Fire Nation blessing.

So established I see Fire Nation, bai Sing Se, Omashu, Northern Water Capital, and thats it. Are their any others?

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:25 pm

Nuxipal wrote:

Fire Nation would have things like Ember Island, Fire Nation Islands, Fire Nation Colony of _____, Capital City(Fire Lord/Lady)

Earth Kingdom would have King of Omashu, Grand Secretariat of Ba Sing Se, Earth King, Gaoling, and perhaps a half dozen others that I don't have the energy to go searching for

Water Tribe would be smaller. Northern Water Tribe, Southern Water Tribe, Foggy Swamp, and Refugee

Indie would be things like the Mechanist, Sun Warriors, Jet's Gang as well as custom groups of benders/non-benders living in various parts of the Earth Kingdom, but not paying taxes to Ba Sing Se.

The Fire Nation itself will have ember island. I will probably give it like five cities.

I think Jet's Gang and Foggy Swamp will be too small.

Yuzhou
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzhou » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:28 pm

North America Inc wrote:

1. So yes that would be their next plan, if they still have anyone else in the Fire Nation. A two year purge would be crippling to them here, especially considering their best warriors probably led the assault on Ozai.

Established obviously have more resources but at the cost of well personal liberties, and vice versa. The Earth and Water Kingdoms are a loose confederation so they can do whatever they want. The biggest faction here will be the Fire Nation itself, but their will be colonies on the Earth Kingdom. The Governors rule, but need Fire Nation blessing.

So established I see Fire Nation, bai Sing Se, Omashu, Northern Water Capital, and thats it. Are their any others?

Southern Water Tribe would probably make an effort to reorganize.
At the start of the show, I think most of the entire tribe was that simple village, but I like to think there were smaller villages spread out across the south pole. After all, the Tribe get's repaired by Korra's timeline.

Other than that, Nuxipal hit the nail on the head

Water Earth Fire Air

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:30 pm

Looking at this with interest, tag
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Did you just call me wicky?

Aye.

So yeah, feel free to call me that from now on.
Tracian Empire wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Basically, Stadenwick is RPing as the Russian, Orthodox version of Mormonism and Deseret.

Something in that direction, with some anti-Pope stuff hidden in since he claims to be a new Ecumenical Patriarch.

That's why I don't like heresies. They need to be burned.
Mobile posting is cancer, and i do a lot of it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Ironsbad
Minister

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:41 pm

Will the various factions have pros/cons?

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:45 pm

Ironsbad wrote:Will the various factions have pros/cons?

Yes. What, i don't know.

Greater Istanistan
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Istanistan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:52 pm

So any idea when this will start up?
ASK ME ABOUT HARUHIISM

DYNASTIES ARE THEFT/IMPEACH REINHARD/YANG WENLI 2020

"I am not a champion of lost causes, but of causes not yet won." - Norman Thomas

Jaslandia
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jaslandia » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:54 pm

North America Inc wrote:

There are various villages and towns throughout the Earth Kingdom (Toph's hometown, Aunt Wu's village, Haru's village, etc) that we see in the show. Any idea what their status would be?
Call me Jaslandia or Jas, either one works
This nation (mostly) represents my political views.
Factbook
Puppets: Partrica, New Jaslandia, Kasbahan
Pro: Regulated Capitalism, Two-state solution, nice people, Nerdfighteria, democracy, science, public education, rationalism, reason, logic, politeness, LGBT rights, feminism, UN, Democratic Party

Anti: Religious extremism/fundamentalism, terrorism, dictatorship, oppression, hatred, bigotry, racism, homophobia, anti-Semitism, conspiracy theories, Stalinism, theocracy, social conservatism, corruption, Nazism, Vladimir Putin, Republican Party

In-between: Religion, socialism, Barack Obama

RP Population: 675,000,000

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Jaslandia wrote:
North America Inc wrote:1. So yes that would be their next plan, if they still have anyone else in the Fire Nation. A two year purge would be crippling to them here, especially considering their best warriors probably led the assault on Ozai.

There are various villages and towns throughout the Earth Kingdom (Toph's hometown, Aunt Wu's village, Haru's village, etc) that we see in the show. Any idea what their status would be?

Villages are too small to field any armies so they won't be important. One regiment here is 1800 men.

The Grene Knyght
Minister

Founded: May 07, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Grene Knyght » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:05 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Jaslandia wrote:There are various villages and towns throughout the Earth Kingdom (Toph's hometown, Aunt Wu's village, Haru's village, etc) that we see in the show. Any idea what their status would be?

Villages are too small to field any armies so they won't be important. One regiment here is 1800 men.

So my bloodbending cult nation would probably be wayyy to small :'(
[_★_]
(◕‿◕)
Socialist Women wrote:Part of the reason you're an anarchist is because you ate too much expired food
Claorica wrote:Oh look, an antifa ancom being smartaleck
Old Tyrannia wrote:Bold words from the self-declared Leninist
Currently
Reading
2015: x=-8.75,y=-6.56
2016: x=-8.88,y=-9.54
2017: x=-9.63,y=-9.90
2018: x=-9.88,y=-9.23
2019: x=-10.0,y=-9.90
2020: x=-10.0,y=-10.0
2021: x=-10.0,y=-10.0

PRO: Socialism, Communism, Internationalism, Revolution, Leninism.
NEUTRAL: Anarchism, Marxism-Leninism.
ANTI: Capitalism, Liberalism, Nationalism, Fascists, Hyper-Sectarian Leftists.
Portal Nationalist | Proletarian Moralist

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:07 pm

The Grene Knyght wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Villages are too small to field any armies so they won't be important. One regiment here is 1800 men.

So my bloodbending cult nation would probably be wayyy to small :'(

Probably, I am going off the Imperial Army so that is why.

Of course the world isliterally way too small, so its really hard to say.

Razzgriz
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Razzgriz » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:11 pm

oh wow, this will be interesting. Tag
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
____ The Empire of the Iszkárien Isles____
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Learn more about it here

Interested in, or want to participate in the Beyond the Isles Project Click here

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse