NATION

PASSWORD

Fractured Reality: Desert Layer

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Clan Ericssen of the Norse
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Clan Ericssen of the Norse » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:12 am

The United Equstrian Front wrote:Marcus Peters
He rolled his eyes and glanced up at Haverd,
"Women am I right?" And chuckled to himself while checking the dunes around them.

Haverd chuckled too. "Har. Ya can't live with 'em, and they can't live with ya either."
Last edited by Clan Ericssen of the Norse on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:13 am

Elizabeth Keasan
Group 2
The Desert

Elizabeth's eyebrows twitched up a notch at his flinch and apology. Was it just that he was scared of vaccinations, or was it something else? Taking a step away from the the armoured giant, Elizabeth's eyebrows rose a little further at his offer to teach her Latin. That could be...interesting. She'd never accessed her hindbrain's lexis center before to do anything other than touch it up: actually editing in things was going to be a change. It would be like learning a language, except faster. And without the problem of forgetting. At his comments about his own English, Elizabeth checked her lexis again. Yes, she could probably teach him...

"Don't worry, big guy." She replied, eyes glittering with amusement, "I'll help you learn. A little quid pro quo."

With a slight pride, she watched him stepping back a few more paces and then going through the initial motions of testing. He seemed amazed to feel the difference in his suit, just as amazed as Elizabeth was that he'd never seen changes like it before. After several seconds of that, he laughed with joy and then pulled out the sword blade. Elizabeth watched with interest as it activated, something flaring out of it to form a blade-like protrusion of energy. Her first assumption was that it was one of those plasma blades she'd heard were in the works, but it wasn't giving off heat. It was just there and she didn't know what it was. After several hindbrain searches came up negative, she gave up trying to figure it out.

Shifting her eyes to the drill itself, she considered his style. The suit gave him speed and strength, that much was sure, but he had a grace and fluidity in his movements which belied skill and practice. He was as much a veteran of swordfighting as Elizabeth was. Which was odd, given that she'd never met anyone who could keep up with her...in her own universe, at least. Iris had pummeled her, although through her powers more than her scythe. That thing must have been ornamental or something, because she'd hardly ever used it.

As the man placed a hand on his chest and half bowed, Elizabeth rolled her eyes a little. She wasn't the best. Whoever had designed the nanites was the best, and she knew that from long and painful experience. Being bisected was a lot less fatal when the two halves of your body could rejoin if given enough time. Still, as she watched him returning to his normal, more subdued level of energy, she couldn't help but feel that may not have been the best choice. Her own repairs were taking longer than she'd hoped and that extra five percent would have been useful.

She drove the thought out of her head as she heard the diagnosis. The suit's basic functions seemed to be in order, but the more exotic ones - such as that anti-magic shield - wouldn't be fixed for a few days more. The nanites still had to learn what they were and how they operated before they could work on them, but the distributed processing power of even a few nanites was far more than many would expect. They'd get around to it...if they didn't die first. The HUD problem was probably just the nanites interfacing improperly: they'd develop a way around that too. Elizabeth had had a similar reaction with her IRD when they'd first introduced the nanites into her body. She'd been blind for hours until the nanites had finally figured it out.

At his offer to repair her, Elizabeth felt herself tensing up. She hadn't had repairs - real repairs - since...then. She'd refused them ever since and had worked on herself. She'd picked up a fair amount of mechanics, but she knew that there were probably some issues with her body which would require a trained technician - like Beta - to fix. And yet...memories she'd much rather forget hounded her. Maintenance. She'd hated that. Hated it with a passion she'd never felt for anything before, not even her dancing. It was just-

Beta's English snapped her out of her reverie and refocused her on the situation at hand. Cresting a sand dune, she saw a figure heading towards them, the one who'd gotten Flame. He looked a little like the guy she'd been thrown into by Iris, but she put that thought aside for now. It wasn't important and it was probably just coincidence. As he spoke, Elizabeth's eyebrows rose again and she saw BEta positioning himself between the two of them. As he spoke, she felt the old urge to sigh building up inside her again. She didn't need someone to smack down potential suitors. She was perfectly capable of doing it herself.

"In a nutshell, we don't." Elizabeth said once Beta had finished, "Not by ourselves. There should be another group: we link up with them and then we talk about taking him down. But not before. Speaking of which: what happened to my boyfriend? The one who you hit the ground with?"
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:27 am

The United Equstrian Front wrote:
Taigawa wrote:Snip

Marcus Peters
Group 1

He snickered and threw back his response over his shoulder,
"Yet you get aggressive with me over simple words Sylvia." He rolled his eyes and glanced up at Haverd,
"Women am I right?" And chuckled to himself while checking the dunes around them.

"Words are weapons Marcus. They can wound and hurt just as easily as real weapons, expecially in primitive cultures where it is often taken at face value. I don't know how you treat soldiers in your society, but if this is the height of your culture, demeaning the ones responsible for the future off your kind and treating those who risk their lives defending it like trash, perhaps Neyla is right to hold you how she does. In our exchange, you have shown no redeemiming qualities whatsoever. Just because I'm a lady does'nt mean you can talk to me like an object.....expecially if you want my cooroperation."
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
Neyla is the only character to ever embarress Kyoki. All Forum 7 Characters
24 years old and female.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:42 am

The Desert, Group 1
Dr. Feng Xu

Hearing the two aliens bicker about honor would have been trying in normal conditions, but in this heat it was becoming a problem at hand. Xu kept his patience - barely, thanks to his daily exercises and meditations - and calmly said,

"Fleetmaster Leng. Honor here does not work the same as on your world. Here, like it or not, honor is not going to be given, but merited. You can suffer the indignities of an alien who doesn't understand your culture. Or you can insist on receiving an honor that he is not about to give, and perhaps cause or continue unneeded conflict. I ask that you consider your choices."

With that, Dr. Xu headed off back towards the main group too. They needed to get to the city. People were going to be thirsty and may be suffering from heat exhaustion if they weren't careful.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 am

"Honor? This is no longer about honor, this is about how I am treated. The felines value honor more then my kind do, but we value respect. If you want me to play nice, you can't treat me like garbage just because I'm female. I am a person too, and I will be treated like one. Or I can just kill you and forget you exist. If Thessian law and the R.O.E of the Navy no longer apply, I am permitted to kill the racist, sexist creature. That is how it is. I will be treated like a person, not an object, or your little group will see how ferocious the canine species can be."
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
24 years old and female.

The United Equstrian Front
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Marcus Peters
Group 1

He grinned at Sylvia's words and clapped,
"Finally someone gets it. Honor means nothing when you won't be treated seriously, but really we need to get back to the party. Also Sylvia if you want to leave you can and you can take Neyla with you if you want." He then reached within his suit jacket and produced a somewhat rumpled envolope and held it out,
"This might answer a few questions about me and my world. Also sorry about being a dick, it's the heat I tell you." He then removed his mask and grinned slightly causing most of his tattoos to shift and a scar to be noticed.

Aluric Peters
Group 2

He grinned and shot his taloned thumb back to the sand dune,
"Oh he's back there with that book. Also another group, who's apart of it?"
His grin widdened at the thought of more people to meet and if possible befriend. His eyes widdened and he gasped,
"Oh my goodness did you think I was hitting on you?! I am so sorry, I'm Aluric Peters. I don't know how I got here and you two seem to be the closest thing to being nice."

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:13 pm

"I fail to understand why she would come here without any security. The empress does'nt go anywhere outside Ecumene Space without the Fleet of Unyielding Defiance and a legion of Honor Guard. Her armor may be powerful, but she is not invincible. But I digress...we need to get out of this inhospitable wasteland and find civilization. This place is not meant for Thessian life." With that, she joined the group.

Alert Status
24 years old and female.

Gaia Concordis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaia Concordis » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:33 pm

β
??:?? Terran Time
Peril, the Desert Layer
Group 2

Beta chuckled as Elizabeth shot down Aluric's advances. "Subtle," he whispered in jest. Then, his expression hardened when Aluric mentioned he was back there with the book. Immediately, Beta pulled out his sword and cautiously advanced towards where Aluric said Flame was. He was sure Elizabeth could handle Aluric. But, if he chose to attack, and she was damaged... Then, he paused for a moment as Aluric explained he thought they were the closest thing to nice. Beta shook his head and continued advancing. "I am not nice," he stated. Naive kid, he thought. Soon enough, he found Flame with the book- still with residual magical energy at least, if his visor was to be trusted. Beta frowned. He really wished Zeta were here to take a look at this.

Keeping his view on the book and Flame, he called back to Elizabeth and Aluric, "Stay back. Book has... Some magic. Remaining." This complicated matters. If his suit was fully functional, he could easily waltz in and take the book. With his anti-magic field down, however, he was just as vulnerable as any other person. He frowned, trying to make heads or tails of the situation. He could use a magic-dispel grenade, but... Did he have any left? Was the mechanism that launched them from his armor operational? Beta quickly handed off his sword to his left hand and checked. No frags, no flashbangs, no EMP... No anti-magic. "Merda..."

Not being able to do much without putting himself (and possibly others) at risk, Beta deactivated his sword and activated his scutum. He held it out between him and the book and dug it into the sand, for protection in case it decided to shoot some sort of lightningbolt or what have you. "This is... Difficult," he said. "I normally have... Shield... Against magia. Book is like... Bomb. Needs to be... Treated carefully." He shook his head, cursing. He considered for a moment asking if Elizabeth and the other person had any ideas, but then pushed that notion aside. How could they possibly have any experience dealing with this? Wait, the... guardian, was it? Beta decided now was going to be as good a time as ever to read that data the hive had given him. At least, until the book stopped being dormant. So, Beta opened up the data that had been deposited into his suit's archives by the hive in a window near the bottom left of his screen- conveniently covering up the error reports- and began to read in earnest.
Dank memes, people being people, puns

Stupidity

"People don’t think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" -Unknown
"*blip blip*" -Falco Lombardi and Fox McCloud
"SKREEEEEEE" -Metroid #536
"*dies*" -Homestuck Characters
"The fandom has ruined my game" -Sans the Skeleton
"I would like to rage" -Grog Strongjaw
"... ... ... ... ... ..." -Pokemon Trainer Red
On Excidium Planetis's scale:
-(Around) Tier 11
-(Baseline) Level 5
-Late Type 11

Proud OP of Blazing Heavens!

Roma numquam periit.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Clan Ericssen of the Norse » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:27 pm

The Desert, Group 1
Haverd Haengsson

Years ago, when Haverd had been merely three sizes too large for his years as a child, the clan had held a special celebration night. It was not as the others, with the feasting and music, and accounts of battles. Though, some of that was still there. But the cause of this celebration had been the return of a Viking voyager, a traveler to far and exotic lands. The clan leaders, who were normally boisterous and loud, all were hushed and interested that great night of the feast as the returner told of his exploits. Further than any Viking had ever gone, this man, the legendary golden Viking Hossar Engeldsson, had seen countless attacks and survived them all. From sea serpents in the ocean waters, to new islands with sweet fruits and savage man-eating natives, to furs he wore that no one else could name... Hossar's name was still held in awe by even the fiercest of Vikings.

Haverd had been quite young then. Much of those nights were hazy, and would probably be that way for the rest of Haverd's life. But one thing he could remember clearly as the day he heard it, was when Hossar Engeldsson had spoken of his explorations in far lands where there was only heat and no water. Far from the sea and the woods, Hossar said, was a tragic land where no plants grew and no creatures wanted to live. With no water to sustain them, there was no point in living there. But the lands were exotic, mystical, and savagely beautiful too, Engeldsson said. He described them as if painted with gold, as far as the eye could see. And in these golden fields, the Viking legend said was a strange powerful being called a Meeradge. The Meeradge could trick yer mind, Hossar had said. It could make you see things that weren't there, and not see things that were. And the longer you spent in those golden fields, the more that this powerful Meeradge could work against you.

Haverd had remembered that. The thought of fields of gold captivated him, but it made him sad too. All that gold and nothing wanted to be near it. Hossar had been there, and didn't have a coin of it to show. But to hear of that monster, that Meeradge, who could powerfully trick minds into thinking things were there that weren't, Haverd could see why people would flee from all that gold. It was cursed. Take cursed gold, as any Viking would tell you from their accounts and records, and the monster who owns it comes back looking for it. Hossar's tales had scared young Haverd, who was sure he didn't want to face up to any Meeradge. Hossar had no idea what this monster looked like. You might not even see it. But it would capture yer senses and deceive ya, all the time toying with its new prey. Then slowly, it would take over a person's mind. Left in those cursed fields of gold, men swore on the highest heavens that they had seen visions, angels, rivers, triremes, golden treasures - only to go mad. They would search and never find, but lose themselves.

While Haverd had grown up many years since those days, and no longer had the sleepless nights he once had when he was a lot younger, the thought of a Meeradge still made Haverd tremble secretly. He wouldn't cower, no, if he had to face one. He'd scream and swing his axe and gash with his knives. He would go down with blades swinging. It's just that it would be a test of his will, that's all.

Haverd hadn't thought of those clan feast nights from his younger years, with Hossar Engeldsson the golden Viking, and the threatening tales of the Meeradge, until now. But now? This sand was golden, as far as the eye could see. That shiny glimmer of light that he had seen fall from the sky in the distance? No one else had said anything about it. No one else had probably noticed it. This was why Haverd wanted to keep this information to himself. Haverd was seeing things. His mind was playing tricks on him. People would want to cut him off from everyone else and make him go on his own. Both of these things made him tremble - even if inwardly. The last because he would be losing a company of people (and kittycats and doggies) who seemed to want him, the first time in his life that had ever happened. And the first because it was a terror that only a child knows when he comes face to face with his monster, and that an adult never really escapes. Hossar's monster was here. The Meeradge was here. And it was starting to do its work on Haverd.

Haverd hoped the group would go to the city and leave this place behind.

Saint Morning
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:48 am

Group 1- Event

Flame clutched the book tightly to his chest and glared at Beta. He wasn’t going to allow the outsider to touch this book, he could feel the magic pouring out of it, the knowledge of all the layers and it’s Guardians were sealed within this book. If the destroyed it they would lose the only advantage they had over them.

Before he could point that out, the ground began to shake violently and the sound of rushing water could be hear off int distance.

But that wasn’t right.

They were right in the middle of massive desert how could there be… the ground shook violent. As massive wave water spilled over the sand dunes and descended upon the heroes. “Run!” Flame shouted as he pivoted around from and began to break out into a sprint, grabbing onto Elizabeth’s arm as he tugged her away from the wave that threatened to consume them all.

Group 2

“Will you all shut up!” Sage snapped, he had enough of their petty squabble. “ You're in a foreign land and in foreign territory. My territory. So i’m the one in charge.” He stated crossing his arms. “Here are some ground rules. When we get to the city some of you need to drop that stuck of attitude of yours, this is literally a place filled with only children, most of which have never even seen an adult before. So you will get stared at. Alot.”

“Secondly you aren’t to cause a scene. The city is Shark territory and it's unwise to garner their attention. If you thought Iris was dangerous, then you’ll be in for it if you even think of attacking one of them. All of them are stronger than her individually.”

“Thirdly and finally, avoid infighting. It’s annoying.” With that said the brunette promptly turned away from the group and began to lead them towards the city.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:22 am

Neyla and Sylvia

Nither cared, they just wanted out of the heat at this point. The climate was not conducive to beings with fur. Sylvia was still mad at the racist one, but at this point there was no need to fight. Of course she could just eat him whole, but there was no need for that. She would have to make him respect her eventually. Neyla did'nt particularly care, as long as she'd be able to return home.
Last edited by Taigawa on Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alert Status
24 years old and female.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:07 am

Elizabeth Keasan
Group 2
The Desert

Elizabeth did her best to ignore both Peters' comments and Beta's joke and headed over to find Flame, still clutching the book. When Beta warned her to keep back she glanced at him again, but did so this time. The last time she'd ignored him, it had resulted in the Guardian - Zeon - arriving. Whether or not that had been a result of her being near the book or not, she didn't want to find out. Glancing back to Flame, she wondered what Beta was talking about. A shield against magic? Was that specifically against magic or just a general shield? So many questions, so little time to ask them.

Without warning, the ground began to tremble and shake beneath her feet. Glancing down, her hindbrain put up the patterns of vibration in her IRD and compared it to the stored earthquake template. The result came up negative. Looking up, she saw a crescent of blue crest a dune ahead of her and surge onwards before Flame grabbed her arm and began running. Spinning herself the right way around, Elizabeth grabbed his hand and started to tear up the ground ahead of them, dragging him along behind her as she charged away from the encroaching tide of water.

"Is this kind of thing normal, or is it just a special treat?"
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

Gaia Concordis
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaia Concordis » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:06 pm

β
Peril, the Desert Layer
Group 2

Beta stared back at Flame, unfazed. He was used to hateful glares. Normally though, he would not be getting them from humans. Beta continued to stare back at him. He kept his shield up and slightly leaned on it, regarding Flame with some apprehension. Magic-users alone were bad enough, but in possession of an unsanctioned magical artifact? That probably breaks a helluva lot of laws and regulations. Then again, it's not like this place seemed to be touched by, or even aware of the Imperium. Note to self, find this place's multiversal coordinates as soon as possible...

Suddenly, the ground began to rumble, and Beta stood up straight and activated his sword. He spun around, looking for the source of the tremors- and saw the water burst out of the ground. Oh, HELL no! Beta deactivated his armaments, turned heel, and began running away from the wave. He saw Flame grab Elizabeth, and then Elizabeth run ahead with him, before catching sight of Aluric. He quickly grabbed Aluric's arm and began tugging him along, easily keeping pace with Elizabeth. Wait a minute, why am I running? I have nothing to fear from water. This suit is sealed. It's safe for fucking space. What the hell am I doing? He glanced back for a moment at the titanic wave descending upon them. Actually, yeah. Fuck that noise.

Beta looked around for any cover or shelter from the wave as he sprinted. "Conperi suffugium," he shouted to Elizabeth. Hopefully, they'd be able to find something to get behind to shelter themselves. Being separated would do them no good at this point. Especially with something potentially as dangerous as that book... No, focus! Shelter! Cover!
Last edited by Gaia Concordis on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stupidity

"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" -Unknown
-(Around) Tier 11
-(Baseline) Level 5
-Late Type 11

Roma numquam periit.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Aluric Peters
Group 2

He felt his arm being tugged as he stared at the wave of water approaching them. He sighed while he mentally disconnected his arm, which in doing so caused it to pop off with little blood loss. He focused on the water and couldn't see through it, he growled softly to himself while turning around to follow the other's example. He easily caught up to them and even overtook them to a foot, his arm disintegrated and reenterd a hole in his back. He then started to rearrange his body to the point where he was making a whistling noise, the cause of this was the fact he was turning his body to match a bipedal insect of sorts. Holes opened in his arms and legs and his head structure thinned out a bit. All the while a series of cracks sounded out as gossamer wings blossomed out of holes in his jacket and shirt, he shouted over the noise
"So ginger if you want to protect that book of yours from the water and anything else I can stuff it within my body. Just giving you an option." As he said his piece he launched into the air and with a few seconds of doing so he blasted forward searching for something that could protect them from this wave.

Marcus Peters
Group 1

He shrugged,
"So basically don't make a scene and don't start a fight with the badass people within the city. Yeah I'm going to defeinently do that sir." He crossed his arms while the sweltering heat assaulted the skin underneath his suit.
"Also don't look at me with the stuck up stuff. I'll keep a cork in it if you want me to. It's the two anthropomorphic people you have to look at, mainly the cat one. Sylvia fine so long as nobody makes a move on Neyla, at least I think so I don't know with those with a different body structure then I. It confuses me so do go and say I'm a racist." His throat felt like sandpaper after that little speech.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:50 pm

The Desert, Group 1
Dr. Feng Xu

About time they were leaving. Dr. Xu gladly headed after the... native. He couldn't call him a child, not unless you count children as those who live for a century. This native calls others in his city children also. As if decagenarians could be called kids! But that put his mind at ease some. Children annoyed him. But if these weren't children?

Right now, Dr. Xu was thinking of this native Sage as a scientific curiosity.

Along with these others. Thessian aliens had to have a unique DNA structure. It would be fascinating to analyze it, and see what a little gene splicing might do. Temperamental, however. Xu didn't know if that was due to genetics, nurture, an increase in pressure on their planet, or what.

Then there was this giant. More than "normal" gigantism, Haverd had to have something unique about him in his genetic makeup.

This Marcus, he didn't know if he was alien or human. But earlier, out of thin air, he had made a weapon appear in his hand! Had to be some matter generator on him, perhaps a micro version that allowed such to happen. Dr. Xu was curious to find out, but somehow he doubted that this personality would give him any information.

So Dr. Xu kept his thoughts to himself, glad to be on the move, and thinking about a drink of nice cold water, as the group followed behind the short native.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:03 pm

Marcus Peters
Group 1

He shrugged,
"So basically don't make a scene and don't start a fight with the badass people within the city. Yeah I'm going to defeinently do that sir." He crossed his arms while the sweltering heat assaulted the skin underneath his suit.
"Also don't look at me with the stuck up stuff. I'll keep a cork in it if you want me to. It's the two anthropomorphic people you have to look at, mainly the cat one. Sylvia fine so long as nobody makes a move on Neyla, at least I think so I don't know with those with a different body structure then I. It confuses me so do go and say I'm a racist." His throat felt like sandpaper after that little speech.

Sylvia crossed her arms. "You insulted everything I am. Don't even start that engagement again. As for the empress, under normal circumstances, she'd be untouchable. Thessian technology and an army of bodyguards tend to do that. I'm just a soldier. I fight for my country and against anyone that threatens it. While I am not sworn to defend the empress as the Honor Guard are, if one of these people openly attack her, I will defend her as a soldier."
Last edited by Taigawa on Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alert Status
24 years old and female.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Clan Ericssen of the Norse » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Saint Morning wrote:Group 1

“Will you all shut up!” Sage snapped, he had enough of their petty squabble. “ You're in a foreign land and in foreign territory. My territory. So i’m the one in charge.” He stated crossing his arms. “Here are some ground rules. When we get to the city some of you need to drop that stuck of attitude of yours, this is literally a place filled with only children, most of which have never even seen an adult before. So you will get stared at. Alot.”

“Secondly you aren’t to cause a scene. The city is Shark territory and it's unwise to garner their attention. If you thought Iris was dangerous, then you’ll be in for it if you even think of attacking one of them. All of them are stronger than her individually.”

“Thirdly and finally, avoid infighting. It’s annoying.” With that said the brunette promptly turned away from the group and began to lead them towards the city.

The Desert, Group 1
Haverd Haengsson

Haverd heard the warning, and felt glum. He was used to being stared at. It came with the territory of standing at least 24 ft. taller than everyone else in your clan. So there was no hoping that people would somehow not stare at him. And as for not garnering attention... Haverd didn't know if that was possible for him. It's not like he wanted people to put all their unhappy attention on him. But, as a giant, he got a lot of blame a lot of times. "Haverd was the one who scared off the cows." "Yeah, Thwack tried to sit down with us, and he broke the bench." "We will all fight for the glory of the clan! But, you Haverd, you stay back this time, like you always do. No sense in you sinking one of our ships..."

Haverd sighed deeply, a sigh that had been welling up in his chest since he was young. What was he to do? Hide behind a tall building all day? As if that wouldn't get anyone's attention. Would the city even let him in? It would be nice to get out of this sweltering sandbox, this unspendable goldfield. But that all depended on the good will of the people in the city. And good will towards Haverd was not automatically given.

Another thought came up in his mind. Suppose they do get to the city without dyin' of thirst. And suppose they do get a place to stay for the night, some lodging somewhere at the midget's house or an inn. Haverd doubted that they had a room his size. Would there be an open field somewhere he could lie down under the stars, maybe in a city park? It would be too hot to lie down in the sand. There was a reason Haverd's home was a cave dug out from the side of a mountain. No one wanted giants in a city. Not at his clan, and most likely not here.

So, yeah, the ground rules laid out sounded like they'd be great rules. Haverd could do his best to not do any infighting. That always had bothered him when others had picked on him, and he wouldn't want to show the same treatment to others. Same thing went for having any stuck-up attitude. If there were a whole lot of midgets in this city, they had feelings too. Haverd could relate. But as for getting stared at, and attracting attention, it seemed like a hopeless cause even before he started. Glumly thinking about the reactions he might face ahead, slowed only by him stopping to wipe his brow from the proliferance of sweat pouring from his head, Haverd followed the midget, slowly, taking one step for every four or five he took.
Last edited by Clan Ericssen of the Norse on Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gaia Concordis
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaia Concordis » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:31 pm

β
Peril, the Desert Layer
Group 2

Beta felt the arm he was tugging suddenly lose the weight it had before, and looked back as he sprinted to find that Aluric's arm had been disconnected from his body- with minimal blood loss, it seemed. Oh, fuck. Oh, FUCK. I knew I was strong but I didn't... His surprise turned to confusion as the arm disintegrated, and Beta filed it under his 'weird magic shit' mental folder and continued running. So much magical bullshit... This is a great day, today. Totally fucking fine. He chose not to look back at Aluric, even not when there seemed to be some sort of whistling noise, melded in with the roar of the encroaching wave. When some thing sped past him, however, Beta couldn't help but curse. Then, the monster spoke. Is this fucking day going to get any weirder?! Gods in the heavens. Beta, forcing himself to not yell at the cosmos, focused on running.

His breathing was measured and paced, and his arms pumping. It was a perfect running posture, honed through years of training- but not in combat. It was much different when one was holding a rifle and sprinting for cover as projectiles tore through one's previous position and followed him was he sprinted for safety, impacting his shields and throwing up dust and rocks... Yes, sprinting in combat was very different. Beta decided to completely shut out that train of thought and focused entirely on running. His armor- thank the gods- was still functioning optimally. The readings on his visor were becoming more reliable (though not by much) and his shields were... still busted. Oh, well. Wishful thinking. Beta continued to run, still searching for shelter.

As Beta ran, his eye caught the still open window of data that Elizabeth had given him. He read a small bit before shaking himself and closing it out. He needed to be finding cover. It was hard, in a sense, to keep himself focused. Years of being trained to be calm and as cool as an ice cube in combat- in the name of rational thinking in extremely stressful (read: deadly) situations had dulled his response to danger ever so slightly. It also did not help that he was not being shot at or charged by the enemy; in all respects, a wave was hardly a threat. Beta sighed and continued running. Perhaps he would find something to fight soon- that would clear his head.
Last edited by Gaia Concordis on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stupidity

-(Around) Tier 11
-(Baseline) Level 5
-Late Type 11

Roma numquam periit.

Saint Morning
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Group 1

The group would see the outline of a city that was nestled alongside an expansive oasis which extended far beyond the mortal eyes could see. As they got close they would see that the city, their safe Haven, was in a rather dismal state. The buildings in the city were all small in height. Like the biggest structure could be as tall as two stories with the width of a town house. Some even look crumbly as the wind began to blow, many of the roofs were covered in long thick rags and doors were just a flat piece of wood, and as they entered into the city on occasions a few children were seen exiting and reentering while walking around

There were no adults in sight.

Most of the kids appeared to be around Sage’s age, some even as young as three and as the group traverse the city they would all be watched with a mixture by these parentless kids. Some were fearful, others were curious, most were cautious.

“Welcoming to Despairia, the most depressing place ever… but it’s one of only three cities left so it’s better than nothing.” He turned his gaze towards them. “Stay close and don’t do anything stupid.”

Group 2

“I don’t know,” Flame admitted as Elizabeth began to drag him along. “I’ve never been to this layer-” He didn’t get to finish as another wave appeared from the Dunes ahead of them. Coming at them at even faster pace than the other one. “Holy shit.” Flame cursed as he tugged Elizabeth backwards.

However they were surrounded. There was literally no way get out of this without using flight. As the waves descended upon them, the book in Flame’s grasp would begin to glow and as the magical was suddenly released. Suddenly Elizabeth and Flame along with any other nearby heroes would find themselves surrounded by a magical shield just as the waves crashed down upon them.

Flame blinked as he saw fish surrounded the magical barrier. “Wow.” He muttered as the desolate sandy landscape was transformed into a seemingly endless expansive coral reef.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Clan Ericssen of the Norse » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:58 am

Despairia, Group 1
Haverd Haengsson

If Haverd was feeling glum before, he was positively hopeless now that he was going to avoid attracting attention. This city was as he had expected and worse. Nothing was built for someone his size. Further, he stood a good distance taller than the tallest of buildings in it. They only came up to the middle of his chest, and most of the buildings came up to a little higher than his knee. Finding a place to sleep was definitely going to be an issue. Towering over everything was not the best way to avoid unwanted attention. Haverd had the sinking feeling that no matter how inconspicuous he would try to be, it would all be for nothing.

Still, Haverd set out to make the best of the bad situation. He set a smile on his face that he didn't feel, and hoped that pretending to have a cheerful attitude would actually give him one. Following the midget, Haverd saw bunches of others - some young, some the first midget's height. Haverd thought to himself: "Good first impression. Make small talk about something." So, as they passed various midgets, all of whom looked at Haverd with shock, Haverd tried to smile friendly-like and say things. "Pretty hot day, huh?" "Nice place." "How's the weather down there?" But it was to no avail. No one - absolutely no one - wanted to talk back. All stared with wide eyes and sometimes open jaws. Haverd felt his chest rise up and down as he breathed heavily due to the dismay.

But there was one good thing about being in this town. The Meeradge couldn't enter. Whatever kind of being that was, was left in the golden field of heat. There was to be no deceiving Haverd's mind here with visions of things plummeting from the sky. A Meeradge could only live out there. In here? That was safe. Though Haverd still didn't feel great, it was better than nothing.

Standing taller than all the buildings in the town did have an advantage. Haverd could see where the midget was going. While most of the buildings looked the same, more or less, in various stages of disrepair. But one stood out - not so much because it was a better quality than the rest. But rather, it seemed to be a place where more midgets were. Some went in, a few came out. A gathering place, then. Maybe even a tavern. "Do midgets drink ale?" Haverd wondered to himself. Something to drink would be nice, after the heat they had been in. Well then. Onward ho. And despite the fact that Haverd had about as much likelihood of succeeding as the midget had of growing to his height, Haverd tried to keep inconspicuous, with a pretend smile that didn't express his feelings, on his face.
Last edited by Clan Ericssen of the Norse on Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:29 am

Aluric Peters
Group 2

He stopped mid flight as the bubble shield surrounded him from what seemed to be a 32 megajule tsunami. He glanced back and whistled, the group's bubble was obviously a lot better than his and he wanted to be apart of that. So with a bit more difficulty than he liked he returned to the group, his shield molding with his quiet nicely if he wanted to be honest. He turned around at the fish and the occasional whale and hungered.
So much biomass, oh I could increase my repituare of weapons! But that would imply that this is real. he growled and slowly changed back to his regular form. As he did this he turned to the group and with a distorted voice spoke,
"So, why is there an ocean around us? I really don't mind if you don't want to answer me after my little stunt I pulled." He then glanced at the cyber armored man and looked for some form of identification, which he found one in the form of the Greek letter beta on his shoulder pauldren,
"Also Beta was it? If you want to spar sometime I'm always open." He smiled as he grazed the man's mind.
Also Beta, I'm watching you. The second you seem to slip away from us I won't hesitate to pry you out of that can you call armor. He smiled at the ginger and chuckled,
"Beautiful isn't it. I always loved going swimming with Marcus. It was nice."

Marcus Peters
Group 1

He scowled under his mask he felt some of the stares being directed to him after they were done staring at the giant and the two anthros, he caught one little girl staring at him with what he guess was curiosity. He rolled his eyes and skulked past the furred being and next to Sage, whispering to him,
"I hope we get to the place you told us we were going Sage. For your sake and ours." At that he let the group past by him till he was next to the giant and smirked,
"So buddy any questions for me? If not then I might go and bother the doc."
Last edited by The United Equstrian Front on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:19 am

Despairia
Neyla and Sylvia, Group 1

"Three cities left? As a pre-industrial people, there should be more. What travesty is this?" the tigress inquired, the metalic armor she wore reflecting the sunlight back in a blinding display of light. She meant no offense in this, as common as such civilizations were. "How do you....maintain an economy with only three cities? Were there more of you before? Am I looking at a civilization in ruins?"

Sylvia kept quiet, though she was ready to strike out at anyone who attacked her. The half-wolven lady simply watched her sorroundings.

Alert Status
24 years old and female.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:11 pm

Taigawa wrote:Snip

Marcus Peters
Group 1
Despairia

He nodded and grinned,
"Yeah I have to agree with Neyla here Sage. What happened? If it's connected to Zeon and the Sharks then well I think some of us who were near Iris's castle might know's whats about to go down." He then twitched as he shuffled beside the Doc and leaned in to his ear,
"So hey buddy do you know the periodic table? The substance that makes up stars and causes them to go boom? I bet you do." He clenched his teeth to keep himself from laughing which in turn caused him to overheat a bit and cough. He smirked and loosened his tie and collar.He glanced at his group and spoke,
"Nobody saw me do that right? If so then it's the heat."
Last edited by The United Equstrian Front on Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:32 am

Elizabeth Keasan
Group 2
The Desert

Elizabeth had seen some weird shit since finding herself in this dream. She'd seen bees as big as she was whose nests caused the day-night cycle. She'd seen dragons, castles on mushrooms and she'd learned that Flame was nobility. But this...this was just like something in a bad movie. Ahead of them was another white-foaming wall of water, rushing towards them as if it were somehow eager to meet them. Flame tugged her back Elizabeth dug her heels into the ground and slid to an abrupt halt. Looking around, she braced herself for the feeling of water pouring through her circuits.

And then the book in Flame's hand pulsed and a shield formed around them, giving them an aquarium view of the teeming reef which had sprung out of nowhere. Shoals of gleaming fish darted hither and thither and coral was everywhere, like gaudy buildings reading for the light distorted by the water above them. Looking around, Elizabeth saw the guy who had protected Flame on the way down dropping down into their bubble and checked that Beta was fine. With that done, she nodded to herself and looked around.

"So..." She began, almost lost for words, "Does the book mention what the Hell is going on here?"

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:10 am

Marcus Peters
Group 1
Despairia

He nodded and grinned,
"Yeah I have to agree with Neyla here Sage. What happened? If it's connected to Zeon and the Sharks then well I think some of us who were near Iris's castle might know's whats about to go down." He then twitched as he shuffled beside the Doc and leaned in to his ear,
"So hey buddy do you know the periodic table? The substance that makes up stars and causes them to go boom? I bet you do." He clenched his teeth to keep himself from laughing which in turn caused him to overheat a bit and cough. He smirked and loosened his tie and collar.He glanced at his group and spoke,
"Nobody saw me do that right? If so then it's the heat."

Group 1, Despairia
Dr. Feng Xu

Upon hearing of the periodic table and exploding stars, Dr. Feng Xu gave one of his rare smiles. And it was a big one. His eyes lit up. But all he said was, "I have found it very useful to know what causes explosions." He kept smiling however.

"And what are you talking about with this 'Iris' castle?'"

Addressing the native, who Marcus had called "Sage", Dr. Xu said "So we're here at this city. Where are you taking us? Can we get some water?" Not even a full day in this new world, information was still necessary. But it was trickling in. There was that name, Zeon, again. Sharks. Iris' castle? Had to be something Marcus had seen before, in his experience in this world.

Three cities that were left made for some interesting hypotheses. Could be caused by anything from plague to warfare to population control, heck, even to starvation. So far he had not seen anything that looked like it would sustain plant life. Animals that lived out here in this desert would be scrawny and malnourished, or predators who preyed on such creatures.

Dr. Xu had come to a decision. He was going to stick with this group, as strange as they were. First, he still had been tasked with making first contacts with other aliens by Dr. Biltoff, his friend and the acting head of Talchyon. That meant that if he was to make first contact, he had to learn more about this group. Readings and scans of their biological signs would be needed. But that could come later. Second, Xu decided to stay because there was still strength in numbers. Wandering off on his own in a strange city in a strange world, with no money, and no working knowledge of the politics or laws of this region, was not a smart decision. Third, he was still thirsty. The native, "Sage," this unique scientific anomaly, would know where to find water.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse