NATION

PASSWORD

WDMDA: Episode 2, DWHAMOH (IC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am

Charlia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

Shilo smirked, "Am I really that easy to read? You are fairly accurate.... Though you don't see it all. Or am I just that good at hiding my own pain... then again my pain is what..." He paused, "It surprisingly felt good when I told Charlotte about my past.... So, if you'd be willing to hear it I will tell you. Without knowing the exact facts, the image of pain that you see is incomplete. It's like a godforsaken painting. From a distance you see something, but as you get closer and get more details the picture becomes much clearer." He said and sighed as he lit a cigarette, "She'll be ready soon enough. Just give her time."
"You're only easy to read for those who have read the same in themselves. And me... I'm special, you could say. I'm good at finding pain in others. My mother taught me how, so I could see the stains that others need to cleanse themselves of. And... if you want to tell me about your pain, I will listen. I've heard many stories of pain in my life and my death. All of them, preparing for the one shining moment I've been waiting for years to experience. Tell me of your pain, and I will carry it with me until the moment I shed all the darkness from my soul. Perhaps then you will find some relief as well."

Sam followed Marietta's voice, once he caught it, and then he stopped once he reached a corner leading to the alleyway. He simply stood and listened, waiting to hear the story Shilo would tell. Would he confess to the murder? Or Marietta? He kept his hand on the gun either way.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:19 am

Amber Faust
She who will delve in the dark to let those sleep in comfort

Night, Alleyway
Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Charlotte blew out of the doorway as soon as she could, and Sam continued to eye her coldly. Annoyed that his question was not answered, he walked out the door after her. Eventually, he caught up to her as she broke the bodies of two drunk idiots, who were slumped on the ground nearby as he arrived.

Yet someone else was also there. A dark, lulling voice that was seeking fresh prey. Concerned, he pulled his gun out again, and aimed into the darkness. "...Dr. Noble?" he questioned, quietly. He held his gun carefully, knowing he could not afford to be shaking, if he needed to use it. "...Doctor?...Is someone there?" he continued.
No answer, save for the moaning of the men Charlotte had beaten down before her disappearance. The only thing left of her was the injuries they had received, a few dots of blood on the ground from where she had last been, and a scrap of fine dark blue cloth.
By the time that Amber and the rest of the people had caught up to the scene, Sam had danced away to chase after Marietta. "D@mn Fool," she mumbled, kneeling down to see the pieces of cloth hanging from the crime scene. It seemed to have been Noble's. "Well, Marietta will have to wait for now," she whispered to herself before turning to the others, "Two of you run after Sam—preferably people prepared for an incident to escalate—he shouldn't be rushing after Mari without others, nor do I expect him to handle an investigation with any skill or understanding. Jeez, I at least expect him to have read, I dunno, maybe one mystery book(?)... it would have told him, maybe, to not bark at a person of interest. Everybody else stay with me."

Amber moved over to one of the lamp posts and removed the lantern from its hanging post. She lived it up and used it to illuminate the surrounding area as they receded into the dark. While there was no day or night, then the clock struck night, it seemed as if an air of evil hung over, and a lamp and light was needed to protect oneself; to cast out the dark spirits.

She turned the lantern and looked towards the ground, noticing the trail of blood. It made her teeth clench, thinking of what could have happened, but it was obvious they would lead for Noble. "This is going to be a terrible night," she groaned as she began following the trail, "Let's get Noble home safe... come on Daisy, stay close." She followed the path, her body tense, but not shaking. She still could be seen that she was worried.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:56 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Charlia wrote:No answer, save for the moaning of the men Charlotte had beaten down before her disappearance. The only thing left of her was the injuries they had received, a few dots of blood on the ground from where she had last been, and a scrap of fine dark blue cloth.
By the time that Amber and the rest of the people had caught up to the scene, Sam had danced away to chase after Marietta. "D@mn Fool," she mumbled, kneeling down to see the pieces of cloth hanging from the crime scene. It seemed to have been Noble's. "Well, Marietta will have to wait for now," she whispered to herself before turning to the others, "Two of you run after Sam—preferably people prepared for an incident to escalate—he shouldn't be rushing after Mari without others, nor do I expect him to handle an investigation with any skill or understanding. Jeez, I at least expect him to have read, I dunno, maybe one mystery book(?)... it would have told him, maybe, to not bark at a person of interest. Everybody else stay with me."

Amber moved over to one of the lamp posts and removed the lantern from its hanging post. She lived it up and used it to illuminate the surrounding area as they receded into the dark. While there was no day or night, then the clock struck night, it seemed as if an air of evil hung over, and a lamp and light was needed to protect oneself; to cast out the dark spirits.

She turned the lantern and looked towards the ground, noticing the trail of blood. It made her teeth clench, thinking of what could have happened, but it was obvious they would lead for Noble. "This is going to be a terrible night," she groaned as she began following the trail, "Let's get Noble home safe... come on Daisy, stay close." She followed the path, her body tense, but not shaking. She still could be seen that she was worried.

Daisy stayed at her side willingly, more on edge with both the ringing of the clock, signaling night, and the eerie trail of blood that stained the cobblestones. She took her hand again, obviously scared of the whole setting around them, wanting to be as close to the lantern as she possibly could. "Are we...sure that this is a good idea..?" She asked softly, as if speaking too loud would alert the killer, or the kidnapper, of their presence. "What if...they're just luring us into a trap? What if...they try to kill us..? They're strong enough to take Charlotte...and as far as I know...she doesn't go without a fight..."
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Castle Crashers wrote:
Saleon wrote:By the time that Amber and the rest of the people had caught up to the scene, Sam had danced away to chase after Marietta. "D@mn Fool," she mumbled, kneeling down to see the pieces of cloth hanging from the crime scene. It seemed to have been Noble's. "Well, Marietta will have to wait for now," she whispered to herself before turning to the others, "Two of you run after Sam—preferably people prepared for an incident to escalate—he shouldn't be rushing after Mari without others, nor do I expect him to handle an investigation with any skill or understanding. Jeez, I at least expect him to have read, I dunno, maybe one mystery book(?)... it would have told him, maybe, to not bark at a person of interest. Everybody else stay with me."

Daisy stayed at her side willingly, more on edge with both the ringing of the clock, signaling night, and the eerie trail of blood that stained the cobblestones. She took her hand again, obviously scared of the whole setting around them, wanting to be as close to the lantern as she possibly could. "Are we...sure that this is a good idea..?" She asked softly, as if speaking too loud would alert the killer, or the kidnapper, of their presence. "What if...they're just luring us into a trap? What if...they try to kill us..? They're strong enough to take Charlotte...and as far as I know...she doesn't go without a fight..."
Amber paused in the middle of the road, the lantern swaying in her hand abruptly. She gave a large and audible sigh, "I am a sturdy cat, myself. I've fought terrible ghouls to protect this place: I will not run and hide, leaving a civilian at the hands of a lunatic killer. Every person in this town, no matter race or creed, I will protect and save them, it's my very nature. It also means I can fight my way out of many situations. I've fought worse than this, and I will keep fighting worse."

Amber turned to Daisy who had been staying close, the lantern swung wildly in an outward arc. The fire stayed lit and danced with ease. She looked at Daisy, worringly; and held Daisy's right hand, a gesture meant to show a serious concern and kindness, quickly and confided, "I never want you to feel as if you have no say in all of this. I can handle myself fine, but if you feel it is too dangerous, please leave. I don't want you to get hurt."

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:45 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Castle Crashers wrote:
Amber paused in the middle of the road, the lantern swaying in her hand abruptly. She gave a large and audible sigh, "I am a sturdy cat, myself. I've fought terrible ghouls to protect this place: I will not run and hide, leaving a civilian at the hands of a lunatic killer. Every person in this town, no matter race or creed, I will protect and save them, it's my very nature. It also means I can fight my way out of many situations. I've fought worse than this, and I will keep fighting worse."

Amber turned to Daisy who had been staying close, the lantern swung wildly in an outward arc. The fire stayed lit and danced with ease. She looked at Daisy, worringly; and held Daisy's right hand, a gesture meant to show a serious concern and kindness, quickly and confided, "I never want you to feel as if you have no say in all of this. I can handle myself fine, but if you feel it is too dangerous, please leave. I don't want you to get hurt."
Blood was spattered on the road, down a long path that ended rather abruptly in the middle of nowhere. However, shadows seemed to creep around the place where it ended, and if one listened, one might fancy that they heard untenable voices whispering to them. The light was nearly nonexistent, only a few lanterns here and there lighting the way, one of which glinted off something that lay fallen in the dark.

A single vial of bloody red liquid.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:45 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

"Oh you bet that I loved her a lot. And... yeah, she loved this godforsaken good for nothing... But I had to fail her..." He said as they continued through the alley way, nearing the main road, where unknown to them they would have a run in with Sam. They turned around a corner, and through the alley he could see the main road.

"Shit...." He said and looked at Mari, "We'll have to cross that main street... we will be visible. So we have to move quickly." He bent down, and looked at her, "Jump on my back. It will be faster if I don't have to slow down for you."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:51 pm

Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

"Oh you bet that I loved her a lot. And... yeah, she loved this godforsaken good for nothing... But I had to fail her..." He said as they continued through the alley way, nearing the main road, where unknown to them they would have a run in with Sam. They turned around a corner, and through the alley he could see the main road.

"Shit...." He said and looked at Mari, "We'll have to cross that main street... we will be visible. So we have to move quickly." He bent down, and looked at her, "Jump on my back. It will be faster if I don't have to slow down for you."
"Huh? Um... okay..." Mari said nervously, and wrapped her arms around his neck, doing her best to get in a position that wouldn't be too difficult to get down from. She was pretty small for her age, so she wasn't difficult to carry. She was, however, a little worried that she might let go, or worse, be dropped.

Skyviolia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyviolia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:18 pm

Residence of Sir Conrad De Sauveterre

Conrad laid to himself. Destitute, cold. He labored in his breath as he labored for his life. He warm blue eyes seemed to stare into the abyss of life. None laid next to him. No family to weep over his grave, none to give him comfort or guidance in his last days. He gave so many comfort during his legal years, he saw the innocent who were dragged through the legal system peacefully unite with their families, he saw mothers unite with their disenfranchised children. But he never had anyone to comfort himself. Pitiful.

And thus he lay in his bed. It was a spacious bed. He would probably die in a bed larger than what ninety percent of the populace have ever slept in, much less would die in. But those people had someone, they had something to say as their last words. Scratch that, every man had his last words. If it wasn't words, it was mumbles, if it wasn't mumbles, they were last thoughts. The difference would be that the majority had someone to share those words to. Someone to hold their head and weep over them. Someone to stand for a good amount of time to somber in their funeral after going back to labor. Someone to care about them.

Conrad had neither. He lived a destitute and celibate life. He could command courts and the House of Lords, but he could not command his will to marry and bear fruit. His mother and father passed away, his kin bared no thought of him, they were probably having dinner, drinking wine and dining. They didn't care, and why should they? Conrad never helped them, why in hell would they care for him? Nay, they shouldn't. Conrad couldn't live or die in the knowledge that the people he had deserted came back to care for him. He would be shamed. What a selfish man he was. We would live alone, work alone, bear the fruits of hardship, all alone. He deserved to die alone.

He held his crucifix in his hand tightly. Praying to his lord in his heart. He hadn't the will to speak. He told his maid to check on him every so hour, but not disturb him. He wrote and signed a note informing the coroner or whoever would deal with his body, God forbid they thought the maid was responsible for his death. He continued to lay still, he refused food and drink. He would not prolong his dread. He thought what would happen after life at length, but he paid it no thought tonight. He would die without fear or delay. He felt the air revolving around him, he felt himself lifted from his bead, but he could still feel his bed-sheets. He's life passed through him in nearly an instant, his childhood, memories he had long forgotten, his time at Oxford. It wouldn't end. He felt his labored breathing rest, and his heartbeat lessen.

Was it time...?

No. He woke up at an uncertain time. The first thing he could feel was an odd sensation. He felt something he hadn't felt in a long time. He felt ailment-free. He attempted to move around in his bed, which he did with ease and delight. He decided to attempt to sit up, which he did with ease. A rush of joy ran through him. He attempted to rise from his slumberous prison, which was again, a success. He called out for the maid, but this was not a success. Reaching for the door, his labored and old legs felt revived and new, awash of years of torment. He opened the door. Shock did not come to him, only curiosity.

He was dead, he was in purgatory.
Qui est-ce ?

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:32 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Castle Crashers wrote:

Daisy frowned, a little shocked that Amber still felt as though she was following her around against her will. She huffed and half-crossed her arms, as one of her hands was occupied while holding Amber's. "No, I won't go! I never said it was too dangerous, I just didn't know if it was a good idea since we don't have everyone with us!" She blinked and was silent for a moment as they stood there, realizing now that it might've really sounded like she was scared. "And...besides, if something unexpected happens, I'm here for you as backup!" She exclaimed, pulling her towards the end of the trail, trying her best to smile even in the tense situation. "Now come on, we have a doctor to find!"
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:20 pm

Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Castle Crashers wrote:
Saleon wrote:Amber paused in the middle of the road, the lantern swaying in her hand abruptly. She gave a large and audible sigh, "I am a sturdy cat, myself. I've fought terrible ghouls to protect this place: I will not run and hide, leaving a civilian at the hands of a lunatic killer. Every person in this town, no matter race or creed, I will protect and save them, it's my very nature. It also means I can fight my way out of many situations. I've fought worse than this, and I will keep fighting worse."

Daisy frowned, a little shocked that Amber still felt as though she was following her around against her will. She huffed and half-crossed her arms, as one of her hands was occupied while holding Amber's. "No, I won't go! I never said it was too dangerous, I just didn't know if it was a good idea since we don't have everyone with us!" She blinked and was silent for a moment as they stood there, realizing now that it might've really sounded like she was scared. "And...besides, if something unexpected happens, I'm here for you as backup!" She exclaimed, pulling her towards the end of the trail, trying her best to smile even in the tense situation. "Now come on, we have a doctor to find!"
Amber was quite surprised by Daisy's actions, yet seeing amber stop still and show her bright, or stupid, courage. She stopped Amber in her tracks, shut down any idea she was being dragged around. Amber didn't expect a show of huffing and puffing, but at the same time, it also seemed to perfectly encapsulate Daisy: independent and stubborn, cute but very much strong in a non-physical manner; a manner known more as mental fortitude.

The response was so abrupt that Amber couldn't help but laugh in astonishment. At first, it sounded as if Amber was mocking Daisy. For sure, as she continued to laugh, it only made why she was laughing even more confusing. She nearly laughed out any bit of air in her lungs. She then opened her eyes and placed her open hand on Daisy's hair and ruffled it up a little bit.

"Of course," she said softly, "I shouldn't have assumed. I'll surely be able to fight harder knowing you are willing to stand by me. How could I think somebody so adorable and cute would do anything without absolute will to do something. I am sorry." She picked herself up and looked towards the path. She shined the light of the lantern forth and continued down the path, she felt a bit happier now, and less worried, to have Daisy with her. It was a pick-me-up of a shouting, if anything.

She walked on and on down the winding path; the narrower and longer the path became, the more it seemed they were heading somewhere directed. It was an eerie feeling, but Amber ignored the basic instinct to run, knowing this was the closest she would get to finding Doc Noble. Soon, the lantern reflected a glimmer of light distinctly different from the slight glistening trickles of blood sitting on cobble. Amber walked closer and closer until it was possible to see what this object was. It was not Doc Noble, and it was very obviously placed on purpose by the killer. It was a vial filled with a crimson substance that did not have the viscosity of blood, and was slightly transparent.

"Well," she grumbled, "now I know we are definitely being played." She picked up the vial and removed the stopper on the vial and took a very quick sniff to try and figure out what it was: a noxious, disgusting odor that rivaled most smelling salts. It was a powerful, overriding scent. She recognized the smell, or at least some component in the smell, but she would need to have somebody look at it to confirm it.

All she knew, is that she hoped her nose wasn't right in identifying the strange liquid. She also remembered the similar vial left at the crime scene. In theory, they were the same, and it was very likely they were. It seemed not only was the killer playing with them, but he or she wanted them to figure out how they did it, as if some triumph.

"I am hating this killer more and more as we learn more about them," she barked as she placed the stopper back on The Red Vial.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:39 am

Charlia wrote:
Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

"Huh? Um... okay..." Mari said nervously, and wrapped her arms around his neck, doing her best to get in a position that wouldn't be too difficult to get down from. She was pretty small for her age, so she wasn't difficult to carry. She was, however, a little worried that she might let go, or worse, be dropped.

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
Giving a Godforsaken Piggy Back ride...

"Don't worry." Shilo said as he stood up. He put his arms around his back to provide extra support, "I won't drop you."

With that they began to cross the main road quickly.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Charlia wrote:"Huh? Um... okay..." Mari said nervously, and wrapped her arms around his neck, doing her best to get in a position that wouldn't be too difficult to get down from. She was pretty small for her age, so she wasn't difficult to carry. She was, however, a little worried that she might let go, or worse, be dropped.

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory

"Don't worry." Shilo said as he stood up. He put his arms around his back to provide extra support, "I won't drop you."

Sam watched them crossing, and he continued to stand by the alley until they had just about made it. Seeing they were about to cross, he spoke quietly from behind a corner, so the group would not know where the voice was coming from:

"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space,
Rayless, and pathless, and the icy earth
Swung blind and blackening in the moonless air;
Morn came and went--and came, and brought no day,
And men forgot their passions in the dread
Of this their desolation; and all hearts
Were chill'd into a selfish prayer for light..."

He then walked slowly out into the sight of the duo, holding his gun down by his side rather than cocked-and-ready as before. He was wary, but not as weary. Hearing their conversation had apparently sent him into a sort of reflective trance, and he stood staring at Shilo and Mari with empty eyes, which seemed to stare even past the alleyway into the night.
Last edited by Luminesa on Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:32 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory

Sam watched them crossing, and he continued to stand by the alley until they had just about made it. Seeing they were about to cross, he spoke quietly from behind a corner, so the group would not know where the voice was coming from:

He then walked slowly out into the sight of the duo, holding his gun down by his side rather than cocked-and-ready as before. He was wary, but not as weary. Hearing their conversation had apparently sent him into a sort of reflective trance, and he stood staring at Shilo and Mari with empty eyes, which seemed to stare even past the alleyway into the night.

Marietta's head snapped around, and she clung tighter to Shilo.

"S-Shilo," she stammered, "be careful! He's got a g-g-g-gun!" She appeared to have a great deal of trouble saying the word, and much like a child might, she ducked her head down, staring at Sam with wide eyes.

"...Please don't kill me..." she begged.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:35 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Sam watched them crossing, and he continued to stand by the alley until they had just about made it. Seeing they were about to cross, he spoke quietly from behind a corner, so the group would not know where the voice was coming from:

Marietta's head snapped around, and she clung tighter to Shilo.

"S-Shilo," she stammered, "be careful! He's got a g-g-g-gun!" She appeared to have a great deal of trouble saying the word, and much like a child might, she ducked her head down, staring at Sam with wide eyes.

After a moment, he seemed to focus on the two again, turning his eyes from staring into space to examine their faces. His own face was unreadable, and his voice took its soulless monotone once again. "...If you are not the murderers, then come with me. We need to go find Dr. Noble, who has disappeared. Amber and Miss Daisy are expecting us. Should either of you attack me for any reason, I will shoot your kneecaps," he answered, almost as though he was speaking from the grave. He then turned and headed silently down the road, expecting that they would follow him.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:40 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Marietta's head snapped around, and she clung tighter to Shilo.

After a moment, he seemed to focus on the two again, turning his eyes from staring into space to examine their faces. His own face was unreadable, and his voice took its soulless monotone once again. "...If you are not the murderers, then come with me. We need to go find Dr. Noble, who has disappeared. Amber and Miss Daisy are expecting us. Should either of you attack me for any reason, I will shoot your kneecaps," he answered, almost as though he was speaking from the grave. He then turned and headed silently down the road, expecting that they would follow him.

Marietta's eyes widened, and she immediately let go of Shilo, dropping to the ground. As she stood up, she absentmindedly brushed the dust off her dark blue dress, speaking nervously.

"D-did you say... the doctor... she's gone? You mean... she... she's with... the murderer?" she whispered in horror. "She's going... the doctor is going to... to die?!"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:59 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:After a moment, he seemed to focus on the two again, turning his eyes from staring into space to examine their faces. His own face was unreadable, and his voice took its soulless monotone once again. "...If you are not the murderers, then come with me. We need to go find Dr. Noble, who has disappeared. Amber and Miss Daisy are expecting us. Should either of you attack me for any reason, I will shoot your kneecaps," he answered, almost as though he was speaking from the grave. He then turned and headed silently down the road, expecting that they would follow him.

Marietta's eyes widened, and she immediately let go of Shilo, dropping to the ground. As she stood up, she absentmindedly brushed the dust off her dark blue dress, speaking nervously.

"D-did you say... the doctor... she's gone? You mean... she... she's with... the murderer?" she whispered in horror. "She's going... the doctor is going to... to die?!"

As she spoke again, he stopped, and then he put his gun away in his back pocket. He barely took a breath, it seemed, as he moved once again. Moments like this, he wondered if he was more of a human, or more of a ghost. Everything seemed like a dream. The air was too clear, and he felt weightless and cold. Turning back toward Marietta swiftly, he walked across the street and suddenly swooped her into his arms. "You take too much time asking questions. We must go find Dr. Noble," he muttered, staring down at her with his sad, empty eyes. Like a Picasso painting, he seemed horrifying from afar, but up-close he was actually just quite sad. He did not care if Marietta ignored this in her terror, and tried to beat him to death. He simply wanted to get back to the group, to get back to Daisy and to make sure she was okay. Without another word, he turned smoothly and walked away, heading back to where he last saw Amber.
-Alan Jackson

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:41 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
Fight? Yep, a Godforsaken Fight.

Sam made a few mistakes, and Shilo was going to let Sam know. He started to walk after him. Once he got close enough, Shilo put his hand on Sam's shoulder. "Whoa, wait a second." He said very calmly.

POW

The fist made contact with Sam's face with enough force to force him to stagger back while Shilo pulled Mari out of his grasp. "Stand back." Was all he said before he looked to Sam agian. He cracked his knuckles and started approaching.

"You made a few mistakes." He said, "Allow me to tell you. Mistake One. Approaching with a gun originally. Mistake two. Threatening to shot Mari and I in the kneecaps. Mistake three. Informing us about the fact the docs gone, getting me angry in the process Mistake three and a half. Grabbing Mari without her permission, and therefore, giving me a reason to vent my anger on you. But your greatest mistake, no mistakes are as follows. Mistake four. Frightening Mari. And finally mistake five. Thinking that Mari could be the murder." He was standing close enough to punch Sam again, "What evidence do you have to support such a claim."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Purgatory
Fight? Yep, a Godforsaken Fight.

Sam made a few mistakes, and Shilo was going to let Sam know. He started to walk after him. Once he got close enough, Shilo put his hand on Sam's shoulder. "Whoa, wait a second." He said very calmly.

POW

The fist made contact with Sam's face with enough force to force him to stagger back while Shilo pulled Mari out of his grasp. "Stand back." Was all he said before he looked to Sam agian. He cracked his knuckles and started approaching.

"You made a few mistakes." He said, "Allow me to tell you. Mistake One. Approaching with a gun originally. Mistake two. Threatening to shot Mari and I in the kneecaps. Mistake three. Informing us about the fact the docs gone, getting me angry in the process Mistake three and a half. Grabbing Mari without her permission, and therefore, giving me a reason to vent my anger on you. But your greatest mistake, no mistakes are as follows. Mistake four. Frightening Mari. And finally mistake five. Thinking that Mari could be the murder." He was standing close enough to punch Sam again, "What evidence do you have to support such a claim."

He recoiled from the punch, and he simply stood there for a moment, letting the blunt pain of the punch fester in his jaw. It was almost as though Sam did not even care about getting attacked, as though his mind was in a totally different realm. He barely heard anything Shilo had said, except for the very last part about evidence. "...We found a button in the tailor's shop that went to a certain style of dresses, dresses that Marietta wears often. She also frequents the shop where we found the button." He then slowly straightened himself out, and he turned to face Shilo, his eyes completely cold and uncaring.
-Alan Jackson

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:22 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
A Godforsaken Giggle

"A button." Shilo said, trying his best to remain somewhat calm, "A button. In a tailor's shop...."

Shilo stepped back and looked at Mari, "Mari. You might want to cover your ears. I'm going to use some adult language now." He then looked to Sam.

"Are you fucking serious." Shilo said, "A button. In a tailor's shop. Well... From where I come from, those are normally found in tailor shops." He paused, "I'm not even going in depth, but it already sounds like the most ridiculous bloody evidence to try and make someone a fucking suspect." He was chuckling now, "That is stupid. So fucking stupid."

He shook his head, "So what it came from a dress similar to what Mari wears. Do you really think that's enough to paint her as a godforsaken suspect." He paused, "And maybe she frequently shops there because said shop is where she can get the clothes she likes."

He looked at Sam, "Do you see how fucking stupid you sound? A button. That's honestly the best thing I've heard since coming here."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:28 pm

Purgatory
A Godforsaken Giggle

"A button." Shilo said, trying his best to remain somewhat calm, "A button. In a tailor's shop...."

Shilo stepped back and looked at Mari, "Mari. You might want to cover your ears. I'm going to use some adult language now." He then looked to Sam.

"Are you fucking serious." Shilo said, "A button. In a tailor's shop. Well... From where I come from, those are normally found in tailor shops." He paused, "I'm not even going in depth, but it already sounds like the most ridiculous bloody evidence to try and make someone a fucking suspect." He was chuckling now, "That is stupid. So fucking stupid."

He shook his head, "So what it came from a dress similar to what Mari wears. Do you really think that's enough to paint her as a godforsaken suspect." He paused, "And maybe she frequently shops there because said shop is where she can get the clothes she likes."

He looked at Sam, "Do you see how fucking stupid you sound? A button. That's honestly the best thing I've heard since coming here."

Marietta did not cover her ears. She didn't think she'd hear anything new to her, and sure enough, nothing that Shilo said even made her expression change in the slightest.

She was grateful that Shilo was standing up for her, though, and she smiled in his direction to demonstrate that. Truth be told, a button was a pretty slim piece of evidence. Not that that apparently mattered to anyone other than her and Shilo, anyway. Still...

Why are you fighting? she wanted to ask, but she kept her mouth shut. She knew from experience that trying to calm angry people down didn't always work, and sometimes ended with injuries.

Why are you wasting time like this instead of searching for the doctor? Don't you care at all?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:30 pm

Purgatory
A Godforsaken Giggle

"The murderer had apparently entered the shop before committing the deed. As they had slipped in and out, a button fell from their outfit. If I remember correctly, when we questioned the shop-owner, he said only two people had been in that shop in the last day. Marietta was one of them. Do you see now why I had my concerns?" Sam answered, unaffected by Shilo's swears and jeers. He then walked away swiftly, as though he was drawn to something in the distance and wanted to find it. "We have wasted enough time. If you want to perhaps contribute to the investigation in a way that is more fruitful, then follow me," he added, as he walked away.
Last edited by Luminesa on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:55 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
A Godforsaken Giggle

"Then who was the second one?" Shilo said, "Taking the docs observations, Mari doesn't have the strength required. Tell me have you confronted the second person? You see, building it on a button and on what a shop keeper saw, the day before the murder is well... lacking."

He sighed, "We'll finish this later."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:51 pm

Marietta continued walking, as Sam and Shilo seemed to have ended their argument for the time being. However, she stared at the ground, feeling weighted down by the pressure of suspicion.

That was a mistake on her part.

It was this action that allowed her to see the blood on the ground. A trail of blood that stopped shortly in front of them.

She then made another mistake.

She looked up, following the trail until she saw it.

Another body. Another indistinguishable mass of blood and flesh...

Her mouth fell open, and a scream tore from her throat. She ran, ran to the body, standing stock-still and staring at it with wide eyes.

It was the right height, she thought. Although it was hard to tell with the absolute mess the killer had made of it.

She stayed completely still even as she saw a few strands of very distinctly red hair.

It was only when she saw that, as always, the killer had left the identification of the victim behind that she began to shake with fear.

She reached towards the final piece of evidence, the final nail in a bloody coffin.

And with trembling hands, she read the words that confirmed whose body this was.

Charlotte Noble.

She dropped the identification, her hands shaking even more.

"...No," she whispered in a low tone. "No, this isn't real. This can't be happening."

She pinched herself, but it hurt. It hurt so much.

She blinked as if it would make the body go away, but it didn't.

She stared at it for what felt like years, tears beginning to stream from her eyes as she finally crumpled, her head falling onto the body as if she was seeking comfort from it, heedless of the blood that stained it.

Stained her.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:01 pm

Charlia wrote:Marietta continued walking, as Sam and Shilo seemed to have ended their argument for the time being. However, she stared at the ground, feeling weighted down by the pressure of suspicion.

It was this action that allowed her to see the blood on the ground. A trail of blood that stopped shortly in front of them.

Her mouth fell open, and a scream tore from her throat. She ran, ran to the body, standing stock-still and staring at it with wide eyes.

It was the right height, she thought. Although it was hard to tell with the absolute mess the killer had made of it.

She stayed completely still even as she saw a few strands of very distinctly red hair.

It was only when she saw that, as always, the killer had left the identification of the victim behind that she began to shake with fear.

She reached towards the final piece of evidence, the final nail in a bloody coffin.

And with trembling hands, she read the words that confirmed whose body this was.

Charlotte Noble.

"...No," she whispered in a low tone. "No, this isn't real. This can't be happening."

She stared at it for what felt like years, tears beginning to stream from her eyes as she finally crumpled, her head falling onto the body as if she was seeking comfort from it, heedless of the blood that stained it.

Stained her.

At first, Sam remained stone-cold, as he saw they were moving toward a stream of blood. It was fresh. The irony smell filled the air, the closer they got to the body. Then they found it. Dr. Noble's body. Or what remained of it. As he stared down at the body, his eyes widened slightly, and he frowned, as he realized it may have been his fault she had died. Had he not wasted so much time trying to find Mari and Shilo, he could have saved her.

Nevertheless, as he stared with guilt at the mangled remains, he remembered that they still had to continue the investigation. "Marietta, you must move off the body so we can look for evidence of who committed the murder," he told her, calmly. He wished he could have comforted her in some way, but no kind words came to him. The gun twitched in the back of his pocket, and he was now on the look-out for the murderer. After all, he-or she-could not be far.
-Alan Jackson

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:09 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Marietta continued walking, as Sam and Shilo seemed to have ended their argument for the time being. However, she stared at the ground, feeling weighted down by the pressure of suspicion.

Charlotte Noble.

Stained her.

At first, Sam remained stone-cold, as he saw they were moving toward a stream of blood. It was fresh. The irony smell filled the air, the closer they got to the body. Then they found it. Dr. Noble's body. Or what remained of it. As he stared down at the body, his eyes widened slightly, and he frowned, as he realized it may have been his fault she had died. Had he not wasted so much time trying to find Mari and Shilo, he could have saved her.

Nevertheless, as he stared with guilt at the mangled remains, he remembered that they still had to continue the investigation. "Marietta, you must move off the body so we can look for evidence of who committed the murder," he told her, calmly. He wished he could have comforted her in some way, but no kind words came to him. The gun twitched in the back of his pocket, and he was now on the look-out for the murderer. After all, he-or she-could not be far.

Alexander Penbrook

Alexander Penbrook hadn't asked for much in life, only to live a full life, marry a girl, have a family, and be happy. Unfortunately he didn't get to do that. He died, he didn't know when, or where, all he remembered was the smell of burning flesh and being trapped in a metal box. Before that, things got hazy to the point it made his head hurt worse than when he was filling it with booze. Needless to say, after a night pounding down Stout, he didn't really need to think about that. All he knew is that he had been working the same job, visiting the same pub, waking up with the same headache for 76 years, with today being no different, except for the murder near his shop. He stumbled along the streets and alleyways, doing his best not to catch the eye of any pickpockets or police, but he didn't expect to be staring down a man with what looked to him like a hand cannon. "Now surrrr, I would gladly give you all that I have, had I not splent it on booze already..." He had tried to reason himself out of his perceived situation, but then he caught sight of the body and blood, and his stomach immediately emptied itself of the Stout, beef, and potatoes.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse