NATION

PASSWORD

WDMDA: Episode 2, DWHAMOH (IC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:52 am

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust
She who will delve in the dark to let those sleep in comfort

Day, Alleyway
Charlia wrote:Marietta was the one closest to the door, so she cried out, "I'm coming!" and ran to open it.

As soon as she did, she remembered why that voice had sounded familiar, and her pale face turned bright red.

"O-Oh," she squeaked. "Miss Faust... Is... is there something you need? Why are there so many people here with you?" Her eyes widened, and her hands flew to her mouth. "I-Is someone else dead?" she asked, sounding quite horrified.

In the next moment, Charlotte appeared behind her, glaring at Amber with a very clear message in her eyes.

I'm watching you, so don't try anything funny or I'll make sure you regret it.
"No, no..." Amber Consoled, "it isn't another body: it's a little thing I was hoping you could tell us about." She hoped that Daisy or the others wouldn't realize something was a little awkward between Amber and Mari and Charlotte, though at this point it might be obvious. She held back her worries, and lifted the button from her pocket, "we found this from the crime scene; would you happen to know who this belongs to? It was from the shop you visit all the time, Corsair's."

Amber looked towards Charlotte. She wasn't as fazed by Charlotte as Mari. She gave a colloquial smile that basically said, yeah. no, your not stoppin' me, no matter what I have planned in a playful. not overly serious manner.
Marietta sighed with relief. "Oh, thank goodness. I was worried someone else had been killed! Hmm?"

She looked at the button, her eyes widening a fraction. "I don't know who it belongs to. It could be one of mine, I suppose, but it's not as if I'm the only person who gets things from--"

Then her face paled.

"M-Miss Faust! A-are you... are you saying... Do you really think I killed those poor people?" she gasped. "Why... How could you think I'd ever..." She started shaking her head frantically, backing away. Her voice cracked. "How could you think that? My job is to help save people, not to rip them apart in such horrible ways!" She shuddered. "It's horrible! And you... you think I did it?"

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:58 am

Amber Faust

Day, Doc Noble's Office
Charlia wrote:
Saleon wrote:"No, no..." Amber Consoled, "it isn't another body: it's a little thing I was hoping you could tell us about." She hoped that Daisy or the others wouldn't realize something was a little awkward between Amber and Mari and Charlotte, though at this point it might be obvious. She held back her worries, and lifted the button from her pocket, "we found this from the crime scene; would you happen to know who this belongs to? It was from the shop you visit all the time, Corsair's."

Amber looked towards Charlotte. She wasn't as fazed by Charlotte as Mari. She gave a colloquial smile that basically said, yeah. no, your not stoppin' me, no matter what I have planned in a playful. not overly serious manner.
Marietta sighed with relief. "Oh, thank goodness. I was worried someone else had been killed! Hmm?"

She looked at the button, her eyes widening a fraction. "I don't know who it belongs to. It could be one of mine, I suppose, but it's not as if I'm the only person who gets things from--"

Then her face paled.

"M-Miss Faust! A-are you... are you saying... Do you really think I killed those poor people?" she gasped. "Why... How could you think I'd ever..." She started shaking her head frantically, backing away. Her voice cracked. "How could you think that? My job is to help save people, not to rip them apart in such horrible ways!" She shuddered. "It's horrible! And you... you think I did it?"
"oh no," she consoled, "I was just seeing if you maybe knew any of the people who'd buy this. The old man mentioned you frequented there, so we figured you could maybe gives us a clue as to the killer."

Amber was playing nice, but the paled face looking at the key piece of evidence didn't make a good case. She swiftly moved her open hand to her gun, recently loaded, discretely moving it without her noticing. Even if she wasn't the killer, which was a likely option, she was hiding something.

"So it seems you know the button, do you know who has one of these?" she questioned.
Last edited by Saleon on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:03 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Day, Doc Noble's Office
Charlia wrote:Marietta sighed with relief. "Oh, thank goodness. I was worried someone else had been killed! Hmm?"

Then her face paled.

"oh no," she consoled, "I was just seeing if you maybe knew any of the people who'd buy this. The old man mentioned you frequented there, so we figured you could maybe gives us a clue as to the killer."

Amber was playing nice, but the paled face looking at the key piece of evidence didn't make a good case. She swiftly moved her open hand to her gun, recently loaded, discretely moving it without her noticing. Even if she wasn't the killer, which was a likely option, she was hiding something.

"So it seems you know the button, do you know who has one of these?" she questioned.
"...I... I mean... I have some buttons like that on some of my clothes... but they're not uncommon, anyone who goes to that shop could have lost one," Marietta stammered. She seemed truly horrified by the fact that Amber seemed to suspect her. "I don't know that many people here anyway... I couldn't tell you who visits the shop... I'm sorry..." She was playing with her hair nervously, staring at the button as if scared it might come to life and attack her.

Charlotte's eyes were wide, and she was glaring daggers at Amber, shaking her head subtly.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:14 pm

Amber Faust

Day, Doc Noble's Office
Charlia wrote:
Saleon wrote:"oh no," she consoled, "I was just seeing if you maybe knew any of the people who'd buy this. The old man mentioned you frequented there, so we figured you could maybe gives us a clue as to the killer."

"...I... I mean... I have some buttons like that on some of my clothes... but they're not uncommon, anyone who goes to that shop could have lost one," Marietta stammered. She seemed truly horrified by the fact that Amber seemed to suspect her. "I don't know that many people here anyway... I couldn't tell you who visits the shop... I'm sorry..." She was playing with her hair nervously, staring at the button as if scared it might come to life and attack her.

Charlotte's eyes were wide, and she was glaring daggers at Amber, shaking her head subtly.
"that's alright," Amber said, "I am sorry for bothering you. It was more of a loose lead anyway, it was just something I thought of looking into. Corsair's is usually a very niche store, so it often only gets a handful of customers a day. I am sure you were busy."

She turned around at the door, it still open, and began flipping the button in the air as she walked out. Unfortunately, her foot got caught on the edge of the door. She tripped, the button flung backward and behind them all. It landed inside of the office, with both Charlotte and Mari, and everyone for that matter, watching it. Amber was usually a pretty balanced person, so it was a smidge odd she would fall like that.

Amber then picked herself up. "Ow! frick that hurt," she grunted, "I'll need that button. I'll just come in and grab it real quick."

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Day, Doc Noble's Office
Charlia wrote:"...I... I mean... I have some buttons like that on some of my clothes... but they're not uncommon, anyone who goes to that shop could have lost one," Marietta stammered. She seemed truly horrified by the fact that Amber seemed to suspect her. "I don't know that many people here anyway... I couldn't tell you who visits the shop... I'm sorry..." She was playing with her hair nervously, staring at the button as if scared it might come to life and attack her.

"that's alright," Amber said, "I am sorry for bothering you. It was more of a loose lead anyway, it was just something I thought of looking into. Corsair's is usually a very niche store, so it often only gets a handful of customers a day. I am sure you were busy."

She turned around at the door, it still open, and began flipping the button in the air as she walked out. Unfortunately, her foot got caught on the edge of the door. She tripped, the button flung backward and behind them all. It landed inside of the office, with both Charlotte and Mari, and everyone for that matter, watching it. Amber was usually a pretty balanced person, so it was a smidge odd she would fall like that.

Amber then picked herself up. "Ow! frick that hurt," she grunted, "I'll need that button. I'll just come in and grab it real quick."
Marietta flinched away from the button as if it was a bullet. When Amber stated she was going to come back in and get it, the white-haired girl just nodded, her hands shaking badly. The entire experience had clearly shaken her up quite a bit--then again, being suspected of murder would shake anybody up.

She wanted Amber to just take the button and go. The other girl made her nervous enough without adding suspicion of murder to the list.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:27 pm

Charlia wrote:
Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Day, Alleyway
"No, no..." Amber Consoled, "it isn't another body: it's a little thing I was hoping you could tell us about." She hoped that Daisy or the others wouldn't realize something was a little awkward between Amber and Mari and Charlotte, though at this point it might be obvious. She held back her worries, and lifted the button from her pocket, "we found this from the crime scene; would you happen to know who this belongs to? It was from the shop you visit all the time, Corsair's."

Then her face paled.

Sam listened to Amber speak, and then he listened to Marietta speak. Marietta was horrified to be suspected of murder, but considering Violet's servant had been a false lead, he became more and more suspicious himself, the more she tried to defend herself. "We don't have time for this. Is this your button or is it not? The sentimentality can wait for later," he told her coldly. He guessed his own gun still had some bullets left, and if Marietta was truly the killer, he was ready to put them in her. He completely ignored Amber falling over and losing the button. When she did so, he picked it up and examined it himself. "...Well?" He turned back to the girl, his cold eyes as sharp as razors.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:49 pm

"...I...N..."

Marietta became completely incoherent as soon as Sam started staring at her like he wanted to kill her. Finally, she burst out with, "Why are you treating me like this? Leave me alone!" She burst into tears, and pushed past Amber and Sam, running surprisingly quickly out of the room, out of the building soon enough, dashing into a nearby alley and then who knew where? She didn't know where she was going. She just wanted to get away, away from the suspicion, from the cold, staring eyes, the humiliation in front of the person she wanted to impress more than anything in the world.

Speaking of Charlotte, her eyes widened with consternation and then narrowed in anger.

"Look what you've done now," she spat with disgust. "Thanks for that. It takes forever to calm her down when she gets in a state like that. Get out of my way."

She shoved them aside and walked out, following Marietta's footsteps, determined to find her assistant and comfort the girl. She was incapable of murder, Charlotte knew that. There was no way she could be the brutal, coldhearted killer they'd been looking for. She was a kind, innocent young woman who had trouble killing bugs because 'they had families, too'.

As she thought about what had just happened, bitter rage brewed in her heart. For them to frighten an innocent girl like that reminded her of things she wanted to forget. Reminded her of how she wanted to help Marietta--the way no one ever wanted to help her.

As she walked, she watched the city around her seem to grow darker. She knew it wasn't really any worse than it already had been, but the shadows in her mind were certainly becoming thicker, more oppressive--a dark, cold, heavy curtain that clawed at the backs of her eyes and veiled her sight in mist and shadow.

The memories were stronger here, in the darkness. Memories she wanted nothing more than to be able to forget. Memories she was never granted the mercy of leaving behind. Again, for what must have been the millionth time, she envied those who were granted the mercies of forgetting their lives before. Why was it that the only clear images of her past were the ones that were filled with pain? Why were the few thoughts of happiness so clouded and shaded by forgetfulness?

Why do you always smile like you are about to cry? she thought ruefully. That's just the way things are.

She continued to trudge forwards, her steps heavy. Silhouettes passed by around her, the figures of people she didn't know and didn't care to. What was the point? They couldn't help her. No one could. You're all you have, and you never even learned to like yourself, did you? she chastised in her mind. How can anyone ever even want to help you?

Just find Marietta. She needs you. You can help her, at least. You have to help her. You have to--

"No way, man," someone said, and she turned her head slightly, seeing two figures slumped against a wall, one smoking and the other holding a bottle. Ugh. Did no one have any care for their own health? They didn't seem to realize that they were hurting themselves. She was about to keep walking when she heard more...

"You can't let stupid whores like that make excuses." At this, her blood chilled, and she felt herself stiffening instinctively, rage washing over her mind. Calm down, Charlotte, she told herself. It's none of your business. You don't know these people, and you don't want to. Just keep walking. It doesn't matter.

"That's what I'm sayin', y'know?" the one with the bottle slurred. "Always some crap about headaches or being too tired or whatever. I mean, come on!" He brought the bottle to his lips, and Charlotte had to force herself to take another step. It doesn't matter. Don't get involved.

"And you let her get away with that? Come on, Isaac, you've gotta be kiddin' me. You let up on her and she's just gonna get even worse!"

"You'd better believe I don't let her get away with it," Isaac replied scornfully. "I tell her I don't care about her problems, 'cause I don't. An' if she doesn't do what I tell her to, I'll just dump her. And when I say that, she gets all upset! Fact is, she don't deserve me if she don't do what I want her to!"

At this point, all the cautionary words in the world wouldn't have made a difference. Charlotte was angry--far too angry to stay out of it any longer.

"Hey," she cut in, and the one called Isaac lifted his head slightly.

"Whaddya want?" he slurred. "Can't y'see we're havin' a conversation here?" Turning back to his friend, he laughed, "You said it earlier, man. Stupid whores--"

"You're right," she interrupted firmly. "She doesn't deserve a bastard who doesn't care if they're hurting someone else, someone who's selfish and worthless and who doesn't care how anyone else feels. Someone who will take a girl, use her, call her a stupid whore, and then throw her away when you're done with her? Please. Nobody deserves someone like you."

The smoking one just glared at her. "Like anyone cares what you think? Look at you, you little--"

"Someone like you," she continued, "isn't good enough to be in the same room as her, let alone say things like that."

"Oh, really?" Isaac questioned, pushing himself off the wall and lurching closer to her. "...and your point is?" She was surprised she could even understand him at this point. His eyes were bloodshot, and the very air around him reeked of alcohol.

"My point," she said with steely eyes, "is that she'd be better off without you anyway. Is it so hard to understand?"

"...Well," the one still leaned against the wall said with a sneer, "you were talking just earlier about leaving her, weren't you, Isaac? And weren't you saying just the other day how you liked the fiery type?"

"Right you are, Jimmy," the drunkard slurred. "Right... you're right... I was sayin' that..."

"And since we have a fiery young woman right here who seems quite insistent upon you finding yourself a new girlfriend, why not take the opportunity?" 'Jimmy' goaded. Charlotte's eyes widened, but she reminded herself that they were just two lowlifes who didn't know when to stop. Then again, maybe I don't know when to stop, either, she mused. Either way... I can take them.

"...good idea," Isaac chuckled, and then Jimmy spoke again.

"And hey, man, when you're done with her, think I could have a turn? I always had a thing for redheads."

"Don't see why not." Isaac nodded unsteadily. He dropped the bottle and pushed Charlotte up against the wall, leaning in and kissing her roughly.

She shoved the memories back into the dark recesses of her mind, and tried not to inhale, the smell of alcohol overpowering at such close range. She could feel the drunk man's hands on her body, and her eyes narrowed. When he pulled away for a moment, she spoke.

"Okay. That really pisses me off."

Lunging forward, she grabbed hold of Isaac's arm and twisted it around his back, slamming him into the wall and kicking him where it was sure to hurt quite a bit. Sure enough, he doubled over, a squeak the only sound emerging from his mouth as she allowed him to slide to the ground. When he finally got up the breath to speak again, he complained, "You--you broke my arm!"

"No, I sprained it," she corrected. "I'm a doctor, I know how to sprain people. Heck, if I wanted to, I could break every bone in your body, while naming them. But while I am currently disregarding the whole 'do no harm' thing, I'm not quite willing to go that far... which is the only reason you're not currently dead." Shaking her head in reproach, she backed off, and then felt a hand wrap around her arm. Whirling to face her opponent, she grinned fiercely. "Oh, now that he's done with me, you've come for your turn?" she asked, her voice savage. "Well, here you are! And for your stupidity, you'll get an extra bonus!" Yanking her arm free of his hold, she grabbed his own right arm and spun behind him, pinning him to the wall and keeping a tight grip on his wrist while using her free hand to take hold of his fingers. "I hope you don't rely too much on these proximal phalanges," she whispered, "because remember how I said I could break every bone in your body while naming them?"

She smiled as a sharp crack reached her ears, followed by a cry of pain.

"I just named them."

She dropped him as well, and stepped back, looking at the two men she had just taken down with eyes that shone with the light of battle--such as it was.

"...By the way," she mused, "you two should probably see a doctor... You don't look too good."

Spinning on her heels, she turned and walked away calmly, not once looking back.

That's when she heard another voice. A familiar one.

"Why, Doctor... I thought you took an oath to do no harm! How shameful of you to break it," the voice purred.

"...No. That... that's not possible," Charlotte whispered in horror, and the voice chuckled.

"Oh, so you finally notice me. But you don't think it's possible? Well, I have always been good at acting. Call it a special gift... Now, do hold still. This won't hurt... for long."

The last thing Charlotte saw before everything went dark was a flash of color, dark blue and white, and an all-too-familiar pair of burnt orange eyes.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:58 pm

Charlia wrote:"...I...N..."

Marietta became completely incoherent as soon as Sam started staring at her like he wanted to kill her. Finally, she burst out with, "Why are you treating me like this? Leave me alone!" She burst into tears, and pushed past Amber and Sam, running surprisingly quickly out of the room, out of the building soon enough, dashing into a nearby alley and then who knew where? She didn't know where she was going. She just wanted to get away, away from the suspicion, from the cold, staring eyes, the humiliation in front of the person she wanted to impress more than anything in the world.

Speaking of Charlotte, her eyes widened with consternation and then narrowed in anger.

"Look what you've done now," she spat with disgust. "Thanks for that. It takes forever to calm her down when she gets in a state like that. Get out of my way."

She shoved them aside and walked out, following Marietta's footsteps, determined to find her assistant and comfort the girl. She was incapable of murder, Charlotte knew that. There was no way she could be the brutal, coldhearted killer they'd been looking for. She was a kind, innocent young woman who had trouble killing bugs because 'they had families, too'.

As she thought about what had just happened, bitter rage brewed in her heart. For them to frighten an innocent girl like that reminded her of things she wanted to forget. Reminded her of how she wanted to help Marietta--the way no one ever wanted to help her.

As she walked, she watched the city around her seem to grow darker. She knew it wasn't really any worse than it already had been, but the shadows in her mind were certainly becoming thicker, more oppressive--a dark, cold, heavy curtain that clawed at the backs of her eyes and veiled her sight in mist and shadow.

The memories were stronger here, in the darkness. Memories she wanted nothing more than to be able to forget. Memories she was never granted the mercy of leaving behind. Again, for what must have been the millionth time, she envied those who were granted the mercies of forgetting their lives before. Why was it that the only clear images of her past were the ones that were filled with pain? Why were the few thoughts of happiness so clouded and shaded by forgetfulness?

Why do you always smile like you are about to cry? she thought ruefully. That's just the way things are.

She continued to trudge forwards, her steps heavy. Silhouettes passed by around her, the figures of people she didn't know and didn't care to. What was the point? They couldn't help her. No one could. You're all you have, and you never even learned to like yourself, did you? she chastised in her mind. How can anyone ever even want to help you?

Just find Marietta. She needs you. You can help her, at least. You have to help her. You have to--

"No way, man," someone said, and she turned her head slightly, seeing two figures slumped against a wall, one smoking and the other holding a bottle. Ugh. Did no one have any care for their own health? They didn't seem to realize that they were hurting themselves. She was about to keep walking when she heard more...

"You can't let stupid whores like that make excuses." At this, her blood chilled, and she felt herself stiffening instinctively, rage washing over her mind. Calm down, Charlotte, she told herself. It's none of your business. You don't know these people, and you don't want to. Just keep walking. It doesn't matter.

"That's what I'm sayin', y'know?" the one with the bottle slurred. "Always some crap about headaches or being too tired or whatever. I mean, come on!" He brought the bottle to his lips, and Charlotte had to force herself to take another step. It doesn't matter. Don't get involved.

"And you let her get away with that? Come on, Isaac, you've gotta be kiddin' me. You let up on her and she's just gonna get even worse!"

"You'd better believe I don't let her get away with it," Isaac replied scornfully. "I tell her I don't care about her problems, 'cause I don't. An' if she doesn't do what I tell her to, I'll just dump her. And when I say that, she gets all upset! Fact is, she don't deserve me if she don't do what I want her to!"

At this point, all the cautionary words in the world wouldn't have made a difference. Charlotte was angry--far too angry to stay out of it any longer.

"Hey," she cut in, and the one called Isaac lifted his head slightly.

"Whaddya want?" he slurred. "Can't y'see we're havin' a conversation here?" Turning back to his friend, he laughed, "You said it earlier, man. Stupid whores--"

"You're right," she interrupted firmly. "She doesn't deserve a bastard who doesn't care if they're hurting someone else, someone who's selfish and worthless and who doesn't care how anyone else feels. Someone who will take a girl, use her, call her a stupid whore, and then throw her away when you're done with her? Please. Nobody deserves someone like you."

The smoking one just glared at her. "Like anyone cares what you think? Look at you, you little--"

"Someone like you," she continued, "isn't good enough to be in the same room as her, let alone say things like that."

"Oh, really?" Isaac questioned, pushing himself off the wall and lurching closer to her. "...and your point is?" She was surprised she could even understand him at this point. His eyes were bloodshot, and the very air around him reeked of alcohol.

"My point," she said with steely eyes, "is that she'd be better off without you anyway. Is it so hard to understand?"

"...Well," the one still leaned against the wall said with a sneer, "you were talking just earlier about leaving her, weren't you, Isaac? And weren't you saying just the other day how you liked the fiery type?"

"Right you are, Jimmy," the drunkard slurred. "Right... you're right... I was sayin' that..."

"And since we have a fiery young woman right here who seems quite insistent upon you finding yourself a new girlfriend, why not take the opportunity?" 'Jimmy' goaded. Charlotte's eyes widened, but she reminded herself that they were just two lowlifes who didn't know when to stop. Then again, maybe I don't know when to stop, either, she mused. Either way... I can take them.

"...good idea," Isaac chuckled, and then Jimmy spoke again.

"And hey, man, when you're done with her, think I could have a turn? I always had a thing for redheads."

"Don't see why not." Isaac nodded unsteadily. He dropped the bottle and pushed Charlotte up against the wall, leaning in and kissing her roughly.

She shoved the memories back into the dark recesses of her mind, and tried not to inhale, the smell of alcohol overpowering at such close range. She could feel the drunk man's hands on her body, and her eyes narrowed. When he pulled away for a moment, she spoke.

"Okay. That really pisses me off."

Lunging forward, she grabbed hold of Isaac's arm and twisted it around his back, slamming him into the wall and kicking him where it was sure to hurt quite a bit. Sure enough, he doubled over, a squeak the only sound emerging from his mouth as she allowed him to slide to the ground. When he finally got up the breath to speak again, he complained, "You--you broke my arm!"

"No, I sprained it," she corrected. "I'm a doctor, I know how to sprain people. Heck, if I wanted to, I could break every bone in your body, while naming them. But while I am currently disregarding the whole 'do no harm' thing, I'm not quite willing to go that far... which is the only reason you're not currently dead." Shaking her head in reproach, she backed off, and then felt a hand wrap around her arm. Whirling to face her opponent, she grinned fiercely. "Oh, now that he's done with me, you've come for your turn?" she asked, her voice savage. "Well, here you are! And for your stupidity, you'll get an extra bonus!" Yanking her arm free of his hold, she grabbed his own right arm and spun behind him, pinning him to the wall and keeping a tight grip on his wrist while using her free hand to take hold of his fingers. "I hope you don't rely too much on these proximal phalanges," she whispered, "because remember how I said I could break every bone in your body while naming them?"

She smiled as a sharp crack reached her ears, followed by a cry of pain.

"I just named them."

She dropped him as well, and stepped back, looking at the two men she had just taken down with eyes that shone with the light of battle--such as it was.

"...By the way," she mused, "you two should probably see a doctor... You don't look too good."

Spinning on her heels, she turned and walked away calmly, not once looking back.

That's when she heard another voice. A familiar one.

"Why, Doctor... I thought you took an oath to do no harm! How shameful of you to break it," the voice purred.

"...No. That... that's not possible," Charlotte whispered in horror, and the voice chuckled.

"Oh, so you finally notice me. But you don't think it's possible? Well, I have always been good at acting. Call it a special gift... Now, do hold still. This won't hurt... for long."

The last thing Charlotte saw before everything went dark was a flash of color, dark blue and white, and an all-too-familiar pair of burnt orange eyes.

Charlotte blew out of the doorway as soon as she could, and Sam continued to eye her coldly. Annoyed that his question was not answered, he walked out the door after her. Eventually, he caught up to her as she broke the bodies of two drunk idiots, who were slumped on the ground nearby as he arrived.

Yet someone else was also there. A dark, lulling voice that was seeking fresh prey. Concerned, he pulled his gun out again, and aimed into the darkness. "...Dr. Noble?" he questioned, quietly. He held his gun carefully, knowing he could not afford to be shaking, if he needed to use it. "...Doctor?...Is someone there?" he continued.
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:37 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

The lighter flickered. Shilo sighed and brought it up to a cigarette that was in it's mouth. He knew he was going against his promise, but he was addicted. He needed the nicotine and the people here have yet to be able to create a nicotine patch. He was walking back while back at the docs office she had visitor. Anyways he was walking and smoking, completely unaware of the events that where happening not far from him.

I'll have to find a way to hide them... I don't want to explain how I got them nor do I want to lose them
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Marietta sighed with relief. "Oh, thank goodness. I was worried someone else had been killed! Hmm?"

Then her face paled.

Sam listened to Amber speak, and then he listened to Marietta speak. Marietta was horrified to be suspected of murder, but considering Violet's servant had been a false lead, he became more and more suspicious himself, the more she tried to defend herself. "We don't have time for this. Is this your button or is it not? The sentimentality can wait for later," he told her coldly. He guessed his own gun still had some bullets left, and if Marietta was truly the killer, he was ready to put them in her. He completely ignored Amber falling over and losing the button. When she did so, he picked it up and examined it himself. "...Well?" He turned back to the girl, his cold eyes as sharp as razors.
The bells rang night.

"Sh!t!" Amber said whilst going into a full blitz, "Really Sam! You just blew a possible lead because you were what, impatient!?! Do you know how bad this is? Now you have two people, one who is hiding something, going out into the night: when the Devils prey..." She quickly wandered into the cobbled stone alleyways, trying to piece together where they went.

She saw two battered, bruised, and bone broken drunks on the side of the street. "Well, seems they went to the wrong doc..." she mumbled, "she went this way... but frick, where could they have gone in this upside down town?"

Our only... our only F$cking lead! she thought. We have to find them...

"Stay close!" she shouted behind her, "we are not letting this night end poorly..." Her composure turned sour, she was tense. It was enough to send shivers, but it was also the height of her determination. Night wouldn't be the end of the light for charlotte or Marietta.
Last edited by Saleon on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:-long longness-

Charlotte blew out of the doorway as soon as she could, and Sam continued to eye her coldly. Annoyed that his question was not answered, he walked out the door after her. Eventually, he caught up to her as she broke the bodies of two drunk idiots, who were slumped on the ground nearby as he arrived.

Yet someone else was also there. A dark, lulling voice that was seeking fresh prey. Concerned, he pulled his gun out again, and aimed into the darkness. "...Dr. Noble?" he questioned, quietly. He held his gun carefully, knowing he could not afford to be shaking, if he needed to use it. "...Doctor?...Is someone there?" he continued.
No answer, save for the moaning of the men Charlotte had beaten down before her disappearance. The only thing left of her was the injuries they had received, a few dots of blood on the ground from where she had last been, and a scrap of fine dark blue cloth.
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

The lighter flickered. Shilo sighed and brought it up to a cigarette that was in it's mouth. He knew he was going against his promise, but he was addicted. He needed the nicotine and the people here have yet to be able to create a nicotine patch. He was walking back while back at the docs office she had visitor. Anyways he was walking and smoking, completely unaware of the events that where happening not far from him.

I'll have to find a way to hide them... I don't want to explain how I got them nor do I want to lose them
She was gasping for breath, her face smudged from the tears that had finally stopped flowing. Her hair was a mess, her dress torn, and Marietta's entire state could only be described as 'disheveled' after her wild, unthinking flight. She kept running, unable to make herself stop despite her growing exhaustion, until she came to a rather forcible stop by running straight into Shilo.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

Shilo heard someone coming, straight at him. It was instant. He put his hands out and started to shout at Mari to slow down. But to no avail. She ran straight into him. She hit him with enough force for him to have to step back as she started to fall backwards. He acted quickly and caught her before she could hit the ground.

Something was wrong and he saw that easily. "Whoa, slow down Mari." He said, "You look like you have been running through a godforsaken jungle for a whole godforsaken week. What happened?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:28 pm

Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

Shilo heard someone coming, straight at him. It was instant. He put his hands out and started to shout at Mari to slow down. But to no avail. She ran straight into him. She hit him with enough force for him to have to step back as she started to fall backwards. He acted quickly and caught her before she could hit the ground.

Something was wrong and he saw that easily. "Whoa, slow down Mari." He said, "You look like you have been running through a godforsaken jungle for a whole godforsaken week. What happened?"
She looked up, her eyes wild, and kept gasping for a few moments, trying to gather air, until she finally calmed down enough to talk.

"M-Miss Faust came back... and... and she had some people with her... they thought..." Her voice broke. "They thought I killed all those people! And one of them had a gun! I was scared... so I ran away... Please don't let them hurt me... I don't want to die again... I don't want to..."
Elsewhere...

It was dark.

Even when her eyes opened, it was still so dark, and cold, too. She tried to move--no luck. Although she couldn't see, she guessed that she'd been tied up. If the feeling of cloth against her face wasn't just her imagination, she'd been blindfolded too. She could taste something in her mouth, something that she identified as more cloth--a gag of some sort. That would make calling out for help difficult.

Why am I not dead? she wondered. The absurdity of the situation was so great that she could barely believe it was real. Here she was--wherever the heck 'here' was--incapacitated by a ruthless murderer, and she wasn't dead.

That seemed so silly.

The fear would come later.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:54 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

Shilo pulled her up so she was standing and knelt down, "Mari." He said and looked at her, forgetting the cigarette in his mouth, "Don't worry. Despite the fact that you are very protective and possessive of the doc, I won't let them hurt you. For one, you can't have killed them. Didn't the doctor figure that a man killed them? You aren't a man right? Anyways, I'll do everything in my power to help you."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

Shilo pulled her up so she was standing and knelt down, "Mari." He said and looked at her, forgetting the cigarette in his mouth, "Don't worry. Despite the fact that you are very protective and possessive of the doc, I won't let them hurt you. For one, you can't have killed them. Didn't the doctor figure that a man killed them? You aren't a man right? Anyways, I'll do everything in my power to help you."
She wrapped her arms around his neck in gratitude, and started crying again.

"Thank you... thank you... I knew you'd help me..."

Then she eyed his cigarette and stole it.

"...and stop smoking or Dr. Noble will be really mad at you," she scolded through tears.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:24 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

"No problem..." Shilo said and stood once she released him. He smirked, "She'll only be angry if she finds out. Anyways, let's get out of this godforsaken area. They'll likely be looking for you... Time to find a godforsaken hidey hole. Come on." He said and started to walk the opposite direction that he was heading before.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:06 pm

Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

"No problem..." Shilo said and stood once she released him. He smirked, "She'll only be angry if she finds out. Anyways, let's get out of this godforsaken area. They'll likely be looking for you... Time to find a godforsaken hidey hole. Come on." He said and started to walk the opposite direction that he was heading before.
"Okay," she stammered, and started running after him nervously, glancing around as if to make sure they weren't being followed. "I just hope Dr. Noble doesn't get too worried about me... I stayed out too long once... when I got back I thought she was never going to let me leave the office again." Marietta giggled nervously as she continued following Shilo. "And... can I ask... why do you call everything godforsaken?" Her eyes glittered curiously. "I believe that nothing is ever truly forsaken. People can be left behind, but they always have a chance to catch up again. All they have to do is cleanse themselves of their impurities. Do you feel forsaken?" she questioned. "I can teach you how to cleanse yourself. It's really not that difficult."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:35 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

Shilo was in fact a fast walker. He didn't know though, until he noted that Mari was running to catch up.

"That's a good point.... She'll probably get worried. We should probably go back and tell her that you are safe. But then again, they could still be there waiting for you to come back." Shilo said as they walked, "God, that is a hard decision..." It was then that she asked about his godforsaken habit to say godforsaken.

He smirked and chuckled, "Forsaken means abandoned or deserted. And lets be honest. God has abandoned us... And if there isn't a god, then whatever power is out there has left us to our own devices." Shilo said and stopped before turning to her, "Being capable of catching up has nothing to do with being abandoned. You can be left behind, and those who left you behind don't care if you catch up or not. The reality of our existence is that we are godforsaken. But that that isn't necessarily a bad thing you know. No divine power interfering with the reality of mankind, leaving us to our own devices, and therefore allowing for mankind to advance. If we weren't godforsaken then were would we be? We would still be mindless children, listening to everything told to us faithfully."

He then turned around, "I'm fine with being godforsaken. I wouldn't be the man I am right now if I wasn't now would I?"
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:47 pm

Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

Shilo was in fact a fast walker. He didn't know though, until he noted that Mari was running to catch up.

"That's a good point.... She'll probably get worried. We should probably go back and tell her that you are safe. But then again, they could still be there waiting for you to come back." Shilo said as they walked, "God, that is a hard decision..." It was then that she asked about his godforsaken habit to say godforsaken.

He smirked and chuckled, "Forsaken means abandoned or deserted. And lets be honest. God has abandoned us... And if there isn't a god, then whatever power is out there has left us to our own devices." Shilo said and stopped before turning to her, "Being capable of catching up has nothing to do with being abandoned. You can be left behind, and those who left you behind don't care if you catch up or not. The reality of our existence is that we are godforsaken. But that that isn't necessarily a bad thing you know. No divine power interfering with the reality of mankind, leaving us to our own devices, and therefore allowing for mankind to advance. If we weren't godforsaken then were would we be? We would still be mindless children, listening to everything told to us faithfully."

He then turned around, "I'm fine with being godforsaken. I wouldn't be the man I am right now if I wasn't now would I?"
Marietta looked aside awkwardly as he finished talking.

"Oh. So I guess you're one of the people M--I mean, my mother--told me to stay away from." She winced. "She didn't like it when I was too friendly with people like you. Said they'd corrupt me. But you're kind to me, and the people she approved of me being with..." Her eyes dropped as she kept walking. "They weren't. They had drugs and they'd always be over at our house, keeping me awake all night... I didn't like them at all. Especially not after I turned thirteen and learned about some of the other things they did." Marietta shivered. "My mother said that they did things to make themselves dirty so that they would be able to feel the relief of cleansing. She... I mean, I believe what she said about there being a god, and about being left behind and all of that, but... I never understood the rest of it. But I have to believe what she said, otherwise I'd be even filthier than I already am. That's okay, though. I know how to cleanse myself and I'll be able to soon. I just have to work a little harder at it."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:59 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

"Different beliefs sourced from different pasts." Shilo said and smiled, "My opinion is no more wrong than yours. And your opinion is no more correct then mine. Just different ways of seeing the world." He sighed, looked at her and crouched down, "You're mother was misguided. I don't want to know the details, nor do I want to know what she meant by get clean.... Let's get going. Once we get somewhere safe, I'll tell you what I remember from my past. Only the doc knows it. If you want to that is."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

"Different beliefs sourced from different pasts." Shilo said and smiled, "My opinion is no more wrong than yours. And your opinion is no more correct then mine. Just different ways of seeing the world." He sighed, looked at her and crouched down, "You're mother was misguided. I don't want to know the details, nor do I want to know what she meant by get clean.... Let's get going. Once we get somewhere safe, I'll tell you what I remember from my past. Only the doc knows it. If you want to that is."
"Oh... I think you misunderstood," Marietta said with a laugh as they continued to walk. "Being cleansed isn't anything bad. It's literally just reversing whatever made you impure in the first place, turning evil into good. That's all. And... I don't need to know your past if you don't want to share it. I can see pain in your soul. It's like the pain I've seen in my own, and in Dr. Noble's soul as well. Similar, but not quite the same." She sighed. "I feel badly for all of us. The doctor's pain is sharper, more permanent than mine. She doesn't believe there's anything she can do to get rid of it. She doesn't know the truth, that she can feel better. Your pain is different... more permanent than mine, like the doctor's, but also... less focused on yourself. Pain for someone else. I can figure out enough about your past from that, the way I've been able to figure out much of Dr. Noble's past. I still wish she would talk to me about her pain, but I understand that it hurts too much for her to discuss it. One day she'll be all right, though. Someday soon, I'm almost sure of it." She smiled brightly. "I believe that there is hope for all of us. Even for those who don't believe in it."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:59 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

Shilo smirked, "Am I really that easy to read? You are fairly accurate.... Though you don't see it all. Or am I just that good at hiding my own pain... then again my pain is what..." He paused, "It surprisingly felt good when I told Charlotte about my past.... So, if you'd be willing to hear it I will tell you. Without knowing the exact facts, the image of pain that you see is incomplete. It's like a godforsaken painting. From a distance you see something, but as you get closer and get more details the picture becomes much clearer." He said and sighed as he lit a cigarette, "She'll be ready soon enough. Just give her time."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:19 pm

Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

Shilo smirked, "Am I really that easy to read? You are fairly accurate.... Though you don't see it all. Or am I just that good at hiding my own pain... then again my pain is what..." He paused, "It surprisingly felt good when I told Charlotte about my past.... So, if you'd be willing to hear it I will tell you. Without knowing the exact facts, the image of pain that you see is incomplete. It's like a godforsaken painting. From a distance you see something, but as you get closer and get more details the picture becomes much clearer." He said and sighed as he lit a cigarette, "She'll be ready soon enough. Just give her time."
"You're only easy to read for those who have read the same in themselves. And me... I'm special, you could say. I'm good at finding pain in others. My mother taught me how, so I could see the stains that others need to cleanse themselves of. And... if you want to tell me about your pain, I will listen. I've heard many stories of pain in my life and my death. All of them, preparing for the one shining moment I've been waiting for years to experience. Tell me of your pain, and I will carry it with me until the moment I shed all the darkness from my soul. Perhaps then you will find some relief as well."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:52 am

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

Shilo smirked and placed his hand on her head, "I don't want you to carry my godforsaken pain. I'll carry it by myself. Call me selfish, but I don't want to weigh another person down." He said and looked at an alley, "Let's get out of here..." He said and motioned to the alley, and walked into it with her, "I never knew a father's or a mother's love. My parents were scum. Basically, I was beaten but, that was only the start. Not to mention that was only at home. Anyways, I was in a literal hell... and they decided to bring another person into it. The only name that I remember from my old life that matters... Lia. I don't know why, but I did everything to protect her." He paused, and a tear rolled down his cheek.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:58 am

Purgatory
On a Godforsaken Walk

Shilo smirked and placed his hand on her head, "I don't want you to carry my godforsaken pain. I'll carry it by myself. Call me selfish, but I don't want to weigh another person down." He said and looked at an alley, "Let's get out of here..." He said and motioned to the alley, and walked into it with her, "I never knew a father's or a mother's love. My parents were scum. Basically, I was beaten but, that was only the start. Not to mention that was only at home. Anyways, I was in a literal hell... and they decided to bring another person into it. The only name that I remember from my old life that matters... Lia. I don't know why, but I did everything to protect her." He paused, and a tear rolled down his cheek.
Marietta's face drew tight with sadness, and she reached up, brushing the tear off his face with one pale hand.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly. "I can tell from the sound of your voice that you loved her very much... You went through so much pain just to protect her, didn't you? I can tell you were a good person in life as well. She must have loved you a lot."

I'll take the burden of your pain away. I can do that. I'm already weighed down enough by so many tales of grief, one more won't make much difference.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse