NATION

PASSWORD

Amidst Innumerable Stars: [Sci-Fi Worldbuild RP] (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Apostolic Hungary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Apostolic Hungary » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:01 am

The Orson Empire wrote:
Apostolic Hungary wrote:A hundred sounds good to me. Only a few stars have an actual habitable planet around them, and besides it's also an area of the galaxy where the stars a spread a bit thin.

Even though the stars are spread thin, I think you are forgetting that the Milky Way contains at least 100 billion stars, so there are bound to be billions of stars in that area.

Also most systems won't be inhabited- they will either be mining colonies or simply under the jurisdiction of said nation.

True, those are good points.
One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church

One, Holy, Catholic, and Roman Empire

My Political Views

On the Current Crisis

Apostolic Hungary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Apostolic Hungary » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:02 am

Eredion wrote:Is it possible for me to make just a character that lives and works within one of these empires?

Yes.

My Political Views

On the Current Crisis

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:02 am

Apostolic Hungary wrote:
The Mystery Bard wrote:
Sorry, I didn't want to go overboard.
How about 100 worlds?
If not, then what do you think would be an ideal number?

A hundred sounds good to me. Only a few stars have an actual habitable planet around them, and besides it's also an area of the galaxy where the stars a spread a bit thin.

Understood, editing.
I should have this finished soon.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:04 am

The Mystery Bard wrote:
Apostolic Hungary wrote:A hundred sounds good to me. Only a few stars have an actual habitable planet around them, and besides it's also an area of the galaxy where the stars a spread a bit thin.

Understood, editing.

A hundred still seems too little though, especially since you are controlling such a large area of the galaxy. There is no way you could control all of that.
Eredion wrote:Is it possible for me to make just a character that lives and works within one of these empires?

You could make a character in my nation if you wish.

Apostolic Hungary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Apostolic Hungary » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:05 am

The Mystery Bard wrote:

Understood, editing.

If you want to go with something small, dark green (under dark blue) is still open.

My Political Views

On the Current Crisis

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:35 am

How about 150 then?

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:38 am

The Mystery Bard wrote:How about 150 then?

I suggested about 10,000 earlier.

Keep in mind that all nations so far have tens of thousands of systems.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:53 am

Austria and Bavaria wrote:Character Name: Archduke Leovid IX
Character Age: 51
Character Gender: Male
Character Appearance:

Character Strengths: Charismatic, pious, bold, moderate geistreiding abilities.
Character Weaknesses: Narrow-minded, proud, judgemental, zealot.
Religion: Terran Catholicism
Character Bio: Leovid was born the eldest son of the Archduke, Karol III, born the heir to mighty Tyrellia. Brought up by the finest teachers and warriors, Leovid was imbued with a love of his culture and religion since his earliest youth. He was betrothed at a young age to Countess Louisa Arturia, the daughter of the Count of the Arluse System, and one of the major vassals of the Archduchy. They were wed when Leovid was 18 and Louisa 16, to much celebration. For nearly fourteen years their marriage was childless, but then, a daughter was born, who was named Maria Josifa, and there was great rejoicing in the realm. Three years later, a son, Karol Sigismund was born. But then, tragedy struck; a band a heretics assassinated Archduchess Louisa and Baron Karol. Several rimworlds fell into heresy and rose in revolt. Retribution was swift and merciless, with entire heretic worlds reduced to molten slag, and millions of heretics terminated. The Archduke has since rebuilt and expanded the Tyrellian Military, even now, hundreds of foundry worlds churn out warships, armor, and starcraft. The Archduke plans to launch what has been called "The Black Crusade", and to eradicate all heretics within reach of Tyrellian steel.

Character Name: Baroness Maria Josifa
Character Age: 19
Character Gender: Female
Character Appearance:

Character Strengths: Dignified, Polite, Intelligent, excellent negotiator, strong geistreide abilities.
Character Weaknesses: Schemer, ambitious.
Character Bio: Her Highness, Maria Josifa was born the eldest child and heir to Tyrellia. Her mother and younger brother were assassinated when she was eight, leaving her as the only living child of the Archduke. she has been well-educated in the arts of statecraft, and diplomacy. She often represents the Archduchy in negotiations, and has served as an official representative of the Archduchy on many occasions.

Apologies for short bio on Baroness Maria Josifa, as there is not much to write about.
Political: Monarchist, Integralist, National Syndicalist/Third Position, Christian Humanist.
Hobbies: Apprentice Blacksmith, Amateur Poet, and Board Gaming Fanatic.
Personal: Roman Catholic, Scots-German Southerner, North Carolinian. Deo Vindice.

Apostolic Hungary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Apostolic Hungary » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:55 am

Austria and Bavaria wrote:
Austria and Bavaria wrote:Character Name: Archduke Leovid IX
Character Age: 51
Character Appearance:

Character Strengths: Charismatic, pious, bold, moderate geistreiding abilities.
Character Weaknesses: Narrow-minded, proud, judgemental, zealot.
Character Bio: Leovid was born the eldest son of the Archduke, Karol III, born the heir to mighty Tyrellia. Brought up by the finest teachers and warriors, Leovid was imbued with a love of his culture and religion since his earliest youth. He was betrothed at a young age to Countess Louisa Arturia, the daughter of the Count of the Arluse System, and one of the major vassals of the Archduchy. They were wed when Leovid was 18 and Louisa 16, to much celebration. For nearly fourteen years their marriage was childless, but then, a daughter was born, who was named Maria Josifa, and there was great rejoicing in the realm. Three years later, a son, Karol Sigismund was born. But then, tragedy struck; a band a heretics assassinated Archduchess Louisa and Baron Karol. Several rimworlds fell into heresy and rose in revolt. Retribution was swift and merciless, with entire heretic worlds reduced to molten slag, and millions of heretics terminated. The Archduke has since rebuilt and expanded the Tyrellian Military, even now, hundreds of foundry worlds churn out warships, armor, and starcraft. The Archduke plans to launch what has been called "The Black Crusade", and to eradicate all heretics within reach of Tyrellian steel.

Character Name: Baroness Maria Josifa
Character Age: 19
Character Gender: Female
Character Appearance:

Character Strengths: Dignified, Polite, Intelligent, excellent negotiator, strong geistreide abilities.
Character Weaknesses: Schemer, ambitious.
Character Bio: Her Highness, Maria Josifa was born the eldest child and heir to Tyrellia. Her mother and younger brother were assassinated when she was eight, leaving her as the only living child of the Archduke. she has been well-educated in the arts of statecraft, and diplomacy. She often represents the Archduchy in negotiations, and has served as an official representative of the Archduchy on many occasions.

Apologies for short bio on Baroness Maria Josifa, as there is not much to write about.

Accepted

My Political Views

On the Current Crisis

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:09 pm

I'm just going to pull out, this is too big of a start for my taste.
I prefer starting with practically nothing and working my way up.
Best of luck though!

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Character Name: Prince-Bishop Absolon, Lord High Admiral of Tyrellia
Character Age: 62
Character Appearance:

Character Strengths: Experienced, humble, skilled tactician, pious.
Character Weaknesses: Zealot, over-confidant.
Character Bio: Prince-Bishop Absolon was born a distant relative of the Archduke of Tyrellia, and from an early age felt a calling to the religious life. He joined the Order of Saint Gabriel (the most prestigious order of warrior monks in the galaxy) as an acolyte at the age of 15, and was ordained at the age of 24. He was made Prince-Bishop of Tyrellia's Outer Territories at the age of 41, and commanded a Carrier during the Heretic Revolt, showing great courage and skill, and was personally promoted to Admiral by the Archduke. Following the retirement of the previous Lord High Admiral, Absolon was appointed to this most prestigious position at the age of 54. He is also the noted author of several treatises on battle tactics.
Last edited by Austria and Bavaria on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political: Monarchist, Integralist, National Syndicalist/Third Position, Christian Humanist.
Personal: Roman Catholic, Scots-German Southerner, North Carolinian. Deo Vindice.

Apostolic Hungary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Apostolic Hungary » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:28 pm

The Despotate of Phocasia (orange on the map) is know open. Sadly the player who apped for it dropped out due to a busy schedule.

My Political Views

On the Current Crisis

Apostolic Hungary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Apostolic Hungary » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Austria and Bavaria wrote:Character Name: Prince-Bishop Absolon, Lord High Admiral of Tyrellia
Character Age: 62
Character Appearance:

Character Strengths: Experienced, humble, skilled tactician, pious.
Character Weaknesses: Zealot, over-confidant.
Character Bio: Prince-Bishop Absolon was born a distant relative of the Archduke of Tyrellia, and from an early age felt a calling to the religious life. He joined the Order of Saint Gabriel (the most prestigious order of warrior monks in the galaxy) as an acolyte at the age of 15, and was ordained at the age of 24. He was made Prince-Bishop of Tyrellia's Outer Territories at the age of 41, and commanded a Carrier during the Heretic Revolt, showing great courage and skill, and was personally promoted to Admiral by the Archduke. Following the retirement of the previous Lord High Admiral, Absolon was appointed to this most prestigious position at the age of 54. He is also the noted author of several treatises on battle tactics.

Accepted

My Political Views

On the Current Crisis

Eredion
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eredion » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:12 pm

Character Name: Admiral Alec Kennet
Character Age: 35
Character Appearance: Image
Character Strengths: Tactical Genius, intelligent, unqestionable loyalty
Character Weaknesses : over-confident, obedience at all costs to superiors
Religion: None, state-atheism
Character Bio:
Admiral Kennet was born and raised on the lush planet of Mehiri in the Kilanean League in 3506. His family being part of the military since the formation of the Kilanean League. Ever since he was a little boy it was out of the question for him to have any other future than in the military and disrespect was punished in typical military style with the strong hand of his father.
When he joined the Fleet Academy at the minimum age, the tough upbringing he "enjoyed" gave him an advantage, he never stepped out of line and in combination with his sharp thinking allowed him to finish best of the class. However the constant rewards, even in the academy, while seeing all the others get punished for mistakes he made as a small child, made him start to think very highly of himself and his abilties, even to the point of thinking too much of his qualities.
When he completed his training at the academy he was stationed from fleet to fleet, from ship to ship and saw his fair share of the galaxy and the ships that travel it. Always obedient to his superiors he quickly got the recommendation to join the Officer Corps and began climbing up the career ladder from there until he reached the rank of Admiral while still being very young for a Admiral of the Kilaean Navy.
Although he is not one of the fanatic crusaders he is still a product of the state and willing to fulfill his orders no matter which superior gave it to him.
Now more determined than ever to rid the galaxy of the enemies of the League and bringing glory to the Kilaean League and his name and if that envolves forcibly making the name of the Kilaean League on the Galactic map bigger, then so be it.
Last edited by Eredion on Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud founding member of the Union of Sovereign States

Apostolic Hungary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Apostolic Hungary » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Eredion wrote:Character Name: Admiral Alec Kennet
Character Age: 35
Character Appearance: (Image)
Character Strengths: Tactical Genius, intelligent, unqestionable loyalty
Character Weaknesses : over-confident, obedience at all costs to superiors
Religion: None, state-atheism
Character Bio:
Admiral Kennet was born and raised on the lush planet of Mehiri in the Kilanean League in 3506. His family being part of the military since the formation of the Kilanean League. Ever since he was a little boy it was out of the question for him to have any other future than in the military and disrespect was punished in typical military style with the strong hand of his father.
When he joined the Fleet Academy at the minimum age, the tough upbringing he "enjoyed" gave him an advantage, he never stepped out of line and in combination with is sharp thinking allowed him to finish best of the class. However the constant rewards, even in the academy, while seeing all the others get punished for mistakes he made as a small child, made him start to think very highly of himself and his abilties, even to the point of thinking too much of his qualities.
When he completed his training at the academy he was stationed from fleet to fleet, from ship to ship and saw his fair share of the galaxy and the ships that travel it. Always obedient to his superiors he quickly got the recommendation to join the Officer Corps and began climbing up the career ladder from there until he reached the rank of Admiral while still being very young for a Admiral of the Kilaean Navy.
Although he is not one of the fanatic crusaders he is still a product of the state and willing to fulfill his orders no matter which superior gave it to him.
Now more determined than ever to rid the galaxy of the enemies of the League and bringing glory to the Kilaean League and his name and if that envolves forcibly making the name of the Kilaean League on the Galactic map bigger, then so be it.

Accepted

My Political Views

On the Current Crisis

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:20 pm

I like your character Eredion.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:06 pm

Bump. This needs more factions.

Eredion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eredion » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:20 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:I like your character Eredion.

Thanks.

Eredion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eredion » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:06 am

Soooo, how exactly does interstellar travel work, since we compromise multiple lores.

Irona
Minister

Founded: Dec 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:29 am

What is still open?

Apostolic Hungary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Apostolic Hungary » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:43 am

Irona wrote:What is still open?

We have quite a few spots open on the map, orange, yellow, aqua blue, dark green, light purple, etc.

My Political Views

On the Current Crisis

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:46 am

Eredion wrote:Soooo, how exactly does interstellar travel work, since we compromise multiple lores.

Good question. How does interstellar travel work?

Apostolic Hungary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Apostolic Hungary » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:07 am

Austria and Bavaria wrote:
Eredion wrote:Soooo, how exactly does interstellar travel work, since we compromise multiple lores.

Good question. How does interstellar travel work?

Ah yes, very good question. For the empire and surrounding nations starships use superluminal drives, with the degree of speed varying depending on the type of vessel. An Imperial cruiser can transverse the Empire from north to south in about a week.

My Political Views

On the Current Crisis

Irona
Minister

Founded: Dec 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:51 am

Nation: Despotate of Phocasia
Flag, Emblem, or Sigil: WIP
Location on Galactic Map: Orange
Primary Species: Terrans
Primary Religion: Phocasia Catholic
Type of Government: Theocracy
Head of State*: Pope Alexander VII
Head of Government: Cardinal Secretary of State Tolomeo Gallio
Colonies*: 300,000 worlds, colonies or outposts
Foreign Policy*: Even after 500 years the Despotate of Phocasia still claims to be the true inheritors of the Terran Empire, although in reality foreign policy is more about maintaining the peace with the Empire and securing defensive alliances in case it attacks. Aside from this foreign policy is based around spreading the 'Phocasia Catholic' faith, the heresy that over took the despot after the civil war and establishing profitable trade relations to fill the faiths pockets. Aliens are tolerated but only as long as they integrate into the hyper religious culture of the theocratic state. Lack of religious uniformity is seen as descent and as such is to be rooted out and purged.
Allies: None currently
Size and Quality of Military: Athough the Despot is highly centralised the reality of space empire of the size it rules means each planet needs to maintain it's own defence. The Cardinal of each world is in charge of maintaining a standing defence force to resist invasion and piracy while also being required to train and equip levy's to fight as auxiliary troops across the galaxy if required. The defence force of each world vary's but usually consists a grounded army and a small navy to protect shipping lanes.

There is however a centralised military force under the executive command of the Pope. The Pope's legions are made up of the most devout members of the despot. They are well trained and highly equipped. If required each legion can call on close by worlds to supply it with an axillary of levy's.

Though still far away from the strength of the Empire's navy, multiple Popes recognise the lessons of the civil war and have invested heavily in a centralised and modern navy. If conflict does restart this navy would be more of a match than the previous one against the Empires fleet.
History of Nation: WIP

Hows this looking so far?

Apostolic Hungary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Apostolic Hungary » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:55 am

Irona wrote:Nation: Despotate of Phocasia
Flag, Emblem, or Sigil: WIP
Location on Galactic Map: Orange
Primary Species: Terrans
Primary Religion: Phocasia Catholic
Type of Government: Theocracy
Head of State*: Pope Alexander VII
Head of Government: Cardinal Secretary of State Tolomeo Gallio
Colonies*: 300,000 worlds, colonies or outposts
Foreign Policy*: Even after 500 years the Despotate of Phocasia still claims to be the true inheritors of the Terran Empire, although in reality foreign policy is more about maintaining the peace with the Empire and securing defensive alliances in case it attacks. Aside from this foreign policy is based around spreading the 'Phocasia Catholic' faith, the heresy that over took the despot after the civil war and establishing profitable trade relations to fill the faiths pockets. Aliens are tolerated but only as long as they integrate into the hyper religious culture of the theocratic state. Lack of religious uniformity is seen as descent and as such is to be rooted out and purged.
Allies: None currently
Size and Quality of Military: Athough the Despot is highly centralised the reality of space empire of the size it rules means each planet needs to maintain it's own defence. The Cardinal of each world is in charge of maintaining a standing defence force to resist invasion and piracy while also being required to train and equip levy's to fight as auxiliary troops across the galaxy if required. The defence force of each world vary's but usually consists a grounded army and a small navy to protect shipping lanes.

There is however a centralised military force under the executive command of the Pope. The Pope's legions are made up of the most devout members of the despot. They are well trained and highly equipped. If required each legion can call on close by worlds to supply it with an axillary of levy's.

Though still far away from the strength of the Empire's navy, multiple Popes recognise the lessons of the civil war and have invested heavily in a centralised and modern navy. If conflict does restart this navy would be more of a match than the previous one against the Empires fleet.
History of Nation: WIP

Hows this looking so far?

Great, except the ruler of a despotate would be a despote (analogous to the Byzantine Empire).

My Political Views

On the Current Crisis

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse