NATION

PASSWORD

The Doors Between Worlds [IC|Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Doors Between Worlds [IC|Closed]

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:22 pm

The Doors Between Worlds

OOC Thread

I lounged happily under one of the many trees that littered the island. A gentle breeze twined itself about me like an affectionate cat, bestirring gray trousers set over a sky-blue vest open at the chest. Sleep beckoned, an afternoon nap in this timeless place, but then I heard a faint splash away to my left. One of my eyelids drifted open for a moment, and then I closed it lazily again. Probably nothing. The springs that fed this island in the empty sky burbled at times, and I really couldn't be bothered to get up and look around. Stretched out here, nestled in the roots of the largest oak on this ancient place between star and sun, it really was just perfect for repose.

But that tranquility didn't last for long. Another splash followed within a minute, and then two more. I harrumphed internally. That wasn't just the brook burbling, and I could hear little noises of movement in water. Time, then, to see what fortune had sent my way. Perturbations in the weave meant that oftentimes I could be alone for... well, time didn't have too much meaning here. One had look outside a door to get a good read on the flow of days and months, and my time on the island had slowly steeped in to my bones a sort of lassitude about the years that flew by. This place between worlds had time, sure, but that was like saying the outer reaches of a planet's atmosphere had air. It didn't really touch me here, and after the time I looked at that Earth place and found a century had gone by during a nap... why bother, honestly?

Apparently that very dissonance in the pattern had sent me new travelers though, sojourners. I should probably go check on them before they did anything rash.

With a lithe grace that I had earned too long ago to be worth recalling I prised myself up from my reclining posture, and padded over towards the noises. Bare feet callused by much use made little noise on the velvet-soft green-blue grass of this place, so I came on the quartet unawares. There were four of them, all in various states of being soaked to their skins. A frown ghosted across my face before I stepped out from behind a nearby tree to call to them. One traveler showing up in one of the pools was well enough, the potential still ran in traces across most of the cosmere. But four was, well, not something I could honestly recall. Very odd for that many in a single timeline to find the cracks and slip through them, especially not so close together. Oh, they might not have even been alive at the same place. Time was funny between worlds, and often her net scooped up stray fish from centuries apart. But still, even in the course of a civilization, to find this many gifted was bizarre.

At my back the thingamawhatsit beeped, and I made a mental note as it continued chiming softly. All with potential, not any strays. Curious indeed.

I pasted a smile on my face and spoke aloud, careful to keep my tones friendly.

"Hail, travelers. You're probably feeling a bit lost. Welcome to the Center. My name is John, John Smith."
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:42 pm

Lights go down, it's dark, the gray jungle is in my head, can't rule my heart with all its temptations. My day breaks, my head aches
I find that all my world dissapeared in a morning. A feeling's so much stronger than a thought. The only thing I remeber was that her eyes are wide, that moment can't be bought I thought. An average girl with crimson nails who has Jesus around her neck was in the left side of my bed. I met her while I was swinging to the music in a weird nightclub and now I'm here hearing the voice of some dude from who knows where, he may be from Scotland since his voice resembles Sean Connery's vibrato.

''Why are we here Mr. Smith?''
Last edited by Cuprum on Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:53 pm

Ah, one of them could speak, at least. The accent was strange, and I couldn't quite place the language, but it was at least broadly comprehensible. To me it came across more as thoughts and ideas, bewilderment and curiosity in equal measure warring within the man who had picked himself up out of the pool. It was a bizarre thing, him content to stand knee deep in the blue crystal spring in to which he and his comrades had plunged, but there were far stranger individuals anywhere you cared to look. I spread my hands wide, answering in what I thought was a fair approximation of his tongue.

"I couldn't tell you, sirrah, any more than I could explain why you're alive. You're here, and that's a start. I don't suppose you know where you are, do you?"

It was a gamble, really. Anyone who knew what they were doing probably wouldn't have showed up in such unceremonious of a fashion, but I didn't really want to deal with anyone who had gotten here on purpose. Most of the folks that stumbled between worlds retained little memory of their passage, or indeed who or what they had been before their first jump. I couldn't tell you who I had been, all those years ago. My name was my own, and scraps of faces, but now all I really could recall was what had passed in the long ages since that day.

My thoughts were chasing themselves in circles. I stepped back from the edge of the pond, and gestured with a theatrical wave of the hand.

"Of course, while you consider that puzzlement, you may want to step up out of your conveyance. Waterlogged footwear is no way to start a new life."
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:09 pm

"With all due respect, which I'm sure is plenty," Katrina said in what was left of her Canadian Atlantic accent, "but my old life was just fine."

She stood up, all 166 centimeters of her in a plain dark blue, medium-length-skirt maid uniform, heels, and stockings with garterstraps. Sure, the uniform while in the house was old-fashioned, but it payed well. And deep down she kinda liked it anyway.

"I wasn't looking for adventure nor the Wood-Between-The-Worlds when I went into the master bedroom closet."

She looked around. Trees, creeks, and pools everywhere, as far as the eye could see. She remembered falling down into the creek she was in, so she looked up. Nothing but... whatever passed for a sky in this place.

"But... since I-er, we... don't seem to have any way of getting back, you may as well tell us. What is the Center?"
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:25 pm

I nodded at the lady, who was busy picking herself out of where she had landed. Her outfit wasn't one I was familiar with, but, then again, most of them weren't when it came down to it.

"Better question, miss. The Center, erm, well that's really just what I call here. As near as I can tell here is the center of more or less everything. If you want to get somewhere, you can get there from here. Somehow. The actual getting is far more tricky than you would think, but technically everything is possible in an infinite universe of universes."

I paused, considering. That probably wasn't actually very helpful, as explanations go. I started again.

"So, anywhere that goes somewhere, also ends up here. At some point. On a level that isn't really easy to explain. Here, look, it's easier to show you than tell you."

I turned, looking around for a moment at the woods, and nodded as I picked out a landmark. With an easy stride I crossed to one of the still nearby pools, and looked down in the reflection. To my eye, trained as it was, the image was readily visible. Others might see, for a second or two, clouds scudding by overhead, or the waving canopies of the great trees. But after a bit more looking, concentration on what was actually in the shapes and colors, they would see what I saw.

Men stood with hands on strange axes, purple metal flashing in some lurid green light. I say men because that was the closest thing you could call them, but their features were craggy, as if melted by a flame after being composed of wax. One of the figures bore a coat that flashed in a hundred colors, and it spoke words too garbled by the burbling of the streams to make out, at which time the figures around it began moving their lips, as if in debate. And then the picture was gone, shattered, replaced by waving seas of emerald green tossed before a storm, a giant thing like a leaf riding out the tempest as tiny things raced to and fro about it.

My eyes were drawn in to the still tableau, but I knew what was coming. I had found others, when I first came here, locked in gazing at the pools as sundered histories of a thousand worlds danced before their eyes. They had been gaunt skeletons, yet nothing I could do could stir them. It was dangerous, looking in the pools, but you could see everything. All time, all space, or at least one time and one space.

"Look, but carefully. A world of worlds lies within that pond, take care not to let it trap you.

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:56 pm

''So If we enter that pond we will travel to another world. I have read in some of those shitty fantasy books that nothing good cames from that. Are you some kind of god? Would you mind to give us some kind of power to fight against the unknow because the only thing I have is my brains, my sexy underrated body, my korean phone with 3GB of 80's music and this office suit. I'd would be an horrible scenario if I end surrounded by low born orcs with no escape and I don't think those savage creatures are christian enough to set me free, although this is all an hypothesis.''

Ironsbad
Minister

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:37 pm

Sully couldn't believe his eyes. His life was like a flash, going through his life as a night owl was depressing enough, talking about weird conspiracies and "putting on his tin foil hat" for the listing audience. In his world, it was nothing but made up and overblown. Only very few things that the occasional madman would get right, but those things came from the 60s-70s when the government was doing weird things that was considered illegal but he knew he didn't care. He was going in through the KMSM studios to start the midnight show, he had a coffee cup in his hand and was ready to do his night job, he didn't care for his job but it paid the bills and his little flat wasn't getting any flatter.

He only opened the door when he felt something pulled him in. It wasn't a person per say, the strength of the pull was to great for any normal man. Hell, not even those wrestlers that act the wrestling on TV had the strength to pull him in. It all happen in a flash of light. Sully felted compressed, stretched, even shrink until he came into what seemed into a jungle. He wasn't the only one who were abducted, people from all over had came. Some asked the questions he already thought of and the guy gave them knowledge in a archaic accent.

" Great, so this is a nexus between the many worlds that isn't just ours?" Sully scratched his head, applying his conspiracy theory to the test for now it may or may not be false now that this happened." Well shit, that means all the tin foil hat conspiracies about other worlds, aliens, and super-Nazis may not be just stuff that is only good for paying the bills, at least I don't have to pay them anymore." He started to look around for his coffee, only to realize that it may not have survive whatever happened to him. He then turned his attention to the guy wearing the suit.

" Hate to break it to ya man, but I think the guy isn't some type of god. I think he's on the same footing as the rest of us, just have much more experience. Now," he looks at him as he remembered what he described himself and continued," I don't know nor care about your looks or accessories but I think just traveling around different worlds is our power. For all we know, there could be even worse creatures than savage Tolkien Orcs. You could just be lucky to land in the world where you can get killed by succubae. Which, in your case, may not be a bad way to go. That's just my take."

He then look to John," Hey Smith is it? Got a question." He starts looking at the pond," now I don't know much about this shit. Fuck, I don't even know how in the hell I got here, which says a lot with the rest of us. However, I do know about amateur occult stuff and I know water can be used as a reflection or portal to different worlds, or so they claim. If we were to enter in this pond and enter into some random world that may or may not kill us in the first three seconds. Will we be able to use mirrors or ponds to get back here?"

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:37 am

Am I the only normal-looking person here? Standing up, and feeling his head for bruises, the Syrian president felt disoriented, sick, and shocked all at the same time. He knew he hadn't been drinking that night, and the more everything became clear, he realized this wasn't some kind of hallucination. He shyly moved away from the group, his awkward, lanky frame making him stand out either way, and he swallowed past the nervous lump in his throat to say, "What kind of joke is this?"
Pro: Trump, Assad, Putin, guns, death penalty, Israel, religion, chocolate, me
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

This 10,000 [insert random thing here] genocide thing is a meme, right?

The Best of Assad in 2016

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:41 am

"Place looks neat." Samuel commented as he gazed around the forest, somewhat pissed off that whatever power that be had to drop him into a shallow pond rather than on dry land. Part of him wanted to give that guy a piece of his mind, but the atmosphere seemed calming to both body and mind. Samuel wasn't the kind of person to sweat over the small stuff, at least he thought he was. His mind seemed foggy, his memories clouded by an intangible force he felt woefully unable to comprehend. Either that or dementia.

Dwelling on it would only exacerbate things. Fuck it, gotta live in the moment.

"Deep shit." He commented again, obviously referring to the man's words and not the pond, as those seemed rather shallow. Visibly impressed, the actor cast his gaze around the forest, his eyebrows climbing upwards as he took in the environment and felt the soothing aura that seemed to exude from the tree's foliage into the air around them.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:39 am

A frown touched the corners of my lips. Apparently whatever world these denizens hailed from was like mine, but unlike. That would lead to a lot of unteaching, which I didn't need. Still, it would have to be done. Sighing internally, I shook my head.

"No, I wouldn't recommend jumping in any of those pools. They're good to get your toes wet when they merely reflect the sky and trees, but when they show other images... well, that wouldn't be wise. If you enter the water you sink rapidly, and I have yet to find the bottom of one of them. Sight fades almost immediately, and drowning isn't the most pleasant of experiences to partake in."

Damn. So much to do.

"Speaking of which, you should all follow me before you go anywhere. Here."

I leaned down, searching the grass for something, before producing three sticks that none would have marked being at that location before. They each seemed to be slightly longer than my arm, but I casually tossed them ahead of me while speaking a word that not even the keenest of ear could have distinguished. It was business as usual for me, but I was curious to see how these newcomers responded. That would give me at least some gauge on how readily plastic their minds were.

Where I had thrown them the twigs seemed to hang in mid-air, growing rapidly. One lay horizontal to the ground about a foot above my head height, suspended on nothing, while the other two had planted themselves upright in the soft grass and were climbing upwards at speed. Branches sprouted from the sticks, and tiny leaves, until it seemed as if two slender saplings embraced a doorframe, an upright passageway's arc standing in the middle of a meadow. Spidery webs of branches locked and interlocked, spooling away from treetrunks in a matter of moments, growing together and becoming solid, until a mere ten seconds after I had retrieved the sticks a door, closed and embossed in wood-varnish, stood eagerly.

With a slight hand gesture, I indicated that all should pass through the door, speaking aloud almost absentmindedly.

"We need to get you all sorted out before anyone gets in to any trouble. Please, everyone, welcome to my home. Sirrah, this is no joke. Or, rather, it is not my joke."

I stepped forward to the door and opened it, revealing a tableau of chairs and cups in an elegant dining room. There were no windows, but the ceiling stretched high overhead after the travelers stepped through, luxurious crystal chandeliers providing rich warm light that seemed to invigorate the mind and body. At the long banquet table were set empty plates as if for a meal, and cups full of water as clear as a mountain lake, nearly twenty seats about the dining array. The walls were curious, a deep wood color looking almost rough and unfinished, like nothing so much as an uncut log before it is milled, but the floor and ceiling were each lovingly lacquered and stained a marbled chestnut hue.

Ah, yes, the explanations.

"I tend to use doors for my, well, doors. It prevents folks from walking through them accidentally. But in this case we are all walking through one on purpose, and that's the reason one has doors, after all. To get from one place to another."

Ironsbad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:59 am

Walking through the door felt different, yet similar to Sully. When he saw the door open up, he saw what happen and listen to what John said. " Alright, I think I understand. Whatever we did to get here was through a door. So what, does that make us somewhat special or some shit? Because somehow walking through that door felt different, yet similar. Like someone was pulling me into some vacuum that was put on full blast."

It was a weird feeling that he was having now. The concept of time was starting to slip from Sully, he didn't know why but it felt like something was pulling him when he entered the doors. Something either from his body or his mind but he had to know why.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:12 am

I nodded to the man- that was just it.

"Indeed, exactly. Special. Those creatures that make their way here to the Center are in possession of some ability I still do not understand, but it is very unique. Frankly, I'm quite surprised to see so many of you all, I presume, from the same cosmos."

I made my way around the table as I spoke, casually draping myself in to what appeared to be a beanbag chair placed on a small dais so it could see over the formal dining set.

"What you feel is what I like to call, for lack of a better word, Change. What it is I couldn't tell you, but everyone I have met here has had it, to one extent or another. The Center is not a good place for change. It resists. But Change is... hmm. The ability to impose your will on the cosmere. Mainly that comes in the form of walking between worlds."

Ironsbad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:41 am

Sully sat down on a normal, wooden chair as he spoke," great, not only have I got ripped from my world I..." He tries to think for a second, remembering about his past life. He remembers that he had a cup of coffee in his hand, walking in a building. He started to think deeper but his head started to hurt as there was absolutely nothing that he could find." Can't seem to figure out what I use to be, if I was anything to begin with. Goddammit!" He pounds his hand on the table.

" Look Smith, what do we call ourselves? Door Openers? Planeswalkers? Fucking Wizards? Because I don't know what I'm doing here, nobody knows what the hell there doing here. All I know is a bunch of junk about esoteric shit and I don't know if I can fling fireballs or not. My mind feels like a rock, or used to be one, eroding under this shit."
Last edited by Ironsbad on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deutsch-Sudafrika
Envoy

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutsch-Sudafrika » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:33 pm

Morgan Freeman looked across the ragtag group, noting a strange man and Samuel Jackson among them. Listening to the conversation, he decided to speak at last.
"Why use some fancy term? It's rather obvious that we are here simply to walk across worlds not our own. Dimensional Travelers, perhaps. Or, we could call ourselves the Gallifrey", he added jokingly, "after the British TV show. Doctor Who, I think it was. He traversed time and space in a police box." He chuckled after this, waiting for a response from anyone that knew him.
Old Tyrannia wrote:Those filthy Hands. They think they're so fancy with their opposable thumbs and remarkable dexterity. We will destroy them all, and usher in a new age of Foot supremacy.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:10 pm

I hummed softly, contemplating the man Sully's words even as the frustration poured from his lips.

"Yes, that's part of the curse, unfortunately. I remember barely anything from my old life either, though I suspect we come from similar worlds, being both humanoids and roughly mannish. You wouldn't believe some of the beings I've had to deal with stopping by for luncheon. "Coffee though... that I do know about."

I bent my will forth, an easy task here in my dining room, and between one eyeblink and the next a piping cup of the beverage had appeared next to the glass of water that sat upon the table before the one called Sully. It was perhaps sweeter than he would be used to. I had heard such complaints from guests like myself before- apparently my cosmos saw slightly more saccharine, or at least tasted that way. But it tasted just right to me, and replicating something from abstract concepts was nearly impossible.

A joke came from one of the previously silent men as they filed in to my parlour, each looking somewhat shellshocked as they glanced about at the sudden transition from arboreal bliss to fine dining. I didn't catch the wordplay- it must mean something to folks from their timeline, but it certainly didn't to me. Strictly speaking the term dimension was a misnomer for the many worlds-that-were, but it was a common error so I allowed it to be. Not all were as pedantic as I, I think. It has been some time since I had to deal with other people.

"If you all please, do come in and sit down, have some water while you're at it. It's a very refreshing blend, drawn from a spring that one of my ancestors hunted for for millennia. There are lots of dangers that lurk the Center, though it may not look it, so if you can kindly close the door behind you that would be grand. The water is one of the reasons I've managed to survive this long- indeed, I couldn't tell you how old I actually am. Time is a funny thing when one world runs out of sync with another, but there it is. I'd be happy to answer any questions after you're all not likely to drop dead on me any second."

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Assad frowned, folding his arms over his chest. "Um, excuse me? How do we know we can trust you, Mr. . . . Smith, right? We just magically appeared here, and you're telling us we should trust you." He knew firsthand certain people just couldn't be trusted, but he felt more alienated than skeptical. "I mean, should we all just get to know each other, or just go off like animals?"
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

Ironsbad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:39 pm

Sully was surprised, he didn't see the fine dining but he blinked and there it was sweet. He start to drink and he licked his lips in appreciation, "that's sweet. Really, really sweet. I'm guessing we can rule out that your a god, but from your speech and other shit, guessing your been here since another century maybe?" He started to look around the dining area, looking for anything that can help reinforce his idea. "Though, if there's no concept of time them who the hell knows what century and where you popped up in. Now, I have a few questions because I will be crazy enough not too."

He gave a sigh and started to speak, " my first question is that we're all in the process of changing and in order to continue it we have to walk through worlds. Do we get to become like you? Able to materialize objects with our minds and create worlds or spaces like this? Because something tells me that there's more to this than just opening doors and walking through worlds. Another question, just how much "human" are we now, because if we can't die naturally than I would at least know what can kill me and how low on the food chain I am."

He looked at the man who looked important and had a since of leadership around him. "Right, the craziness of this whole situation. My name's Sully, Sully Andrews. I really don't know what I used to do but all I remember is I was going to a building and had a cup of coffee in my hand. After opening a door, I got to this place. The... Center, which looks like a damn jungle. I don't think I haven't been one but I don't even remember my damn birthday so go figure."

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Ironsbad wrote:Sully was surprised, he didn't see the fine dining but he blinked and there it was sweet. He start to drink and he licked his lips in appreciation, "that's sweet. Really, really sweet. I'm guessing we can rule out that your a god, but from your speech and other shit, guessing your been here since another century maybe?" He started to look around the dining area, looking for anything that can help reinforce his idea. "Though, if there's no concept of time them who the hell knows what century and where you popped up in. Now, I have a few questions because I will be crazy enough not too."

He gave a sigh and started to speak, " my first question is that we're all in the process of changing and in order to continue it we have to walk through worlds. Do we get to become like you? Able to materialize objects with our minds and create worlds or spaces like this? Because something tells me that there's more to this than just opening doors and walking through worlds. Another question, just how much "human" are we now, because if we can't die naturally than I would at least know what can kill me and how low on the food chain I am."

He looked at the man who looked important and had a since of leadership around him. "Right, the craziness of this whole situation. My name's Sully, Sully Andrews. I really don't know what I used to do but all I remember is I was going to a building and had a cup of coffee in my hand. After opening a door, I got to this place. The... Center, which looks like a damn jungle. I don't think I haven't been one but I don't even remember my damn birthday so go figure."

"Well, I'm Bashar al-Assad, president of Syria." He held out his hand. "I don't bite, so, go ahead, shake my hand." Assad glanced around, hoping what Sully said wasn't true. "I'm perfectly alright without magical powers."

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:05 pm

I considered the words of the man Bashar, and after some thought shrugged. "Well, you don't have to trust me, technically. I don't really owe you anything, and you don't really owe me anything." Ah, the truth. "The truth is, I haven't seen anybody around here for a devilishly long time." I smiled somewhat ruefully.

"Also, I speak your language, after a fashion. So, there's that too. Believe me, it isn't as common in the wider cosmere as an English-centric upbringing might indicate."

"As for it I'm a god, well, what is a god really?" I shook my head. "Actually, that was a silly answer, to answer a question with a question. I'm certainly not divine, though I'm not exactly mortal either."

That was a good point to start at though.

"I'm also not exactly immortal, and neither are you. If you get disemboweled or smacked on or stabbed you'll bleed out with the best of them, as would I. The food chain in the many worlds doesn't have humanity at the bottom, but we aren't exactly alpha predators. You're safe enough here, in my house, and there are a lot of places where you won't find anything more dangerous than a puff of wind. But the cosmere is infinite, friend. Any terrible monster you can dream up exists somewhere, and there's no guarantee it isn't lurking ten steps away and not a thousand miles."

I nodded brightly to myself. "Yes, we aren't the only things that get to walk between worlds. Just the most prolific."

Power though, that was trickier. I didn't want them running off to get killed just yet, but avoiding the question would just arouse suspicions that I wasn't being entirely forthright.

"As for how I do what I do... how to explain? By dint of making your way here, and my whatsit confirming that ability, every one of you has the potential for change in your veins. Change. But a universe doesn't simply change because you ask it to do so. I don't make the rules, but I've found only particular words can command the fabric of the cosmere, scraps of change that anyone with the right mindset can find with diligent searching. I would teach you but..."

I pondered for a moment, almost afraid. These people couldn't be from my timeline, could they?

Then I brushed aside the fear, and spoke a single word. To me it sounded as vowels and consonants in some bizarre tongue, but the listeners heard only a sound akin to waves crashing on a beach or the roar of a mighty wind tossing the canopy of a forest. I felt the fabric of the world pull taunt for a moment with the power indolent in my syllables, and perhaps they did too, but they did not understand. Their looks of incomprehension caused me to relax, and that wry smile passed over my face anew.

"Those words are different for kindred of every cosmos. I can no more teach you how I do what I do than a plant can teach you to sing in its hidden tongue. But you can find the words for yourselves, and those words have power."

Ironsbad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:43 pm

Sully shook his hand,"nice to meet you, but don't be an egotistical man. We're all in this shit together. Now listen, I know what a president is and I think I know where Syria is. However, I sure as hell know that your title means jack shit in this predicament."

After what happened and what Smith said," great, power words that control the universe were in. Ok then, how do we open doors to other worlds and can we control our destination at some point?"

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:14 pm

Assad nodded toward Smith and Sully. "OK, so I don't have to trust you; that doesn't make me feel any better about this place. All I know is that I opened a door in my estate and disappeared. I don't even know if anyone's looking for me." He looked around. "From what it looks like . . . we're all from different places in time or space or something." He looked at Morgan Freeman and Samuel Jackson. "I know you two are famous actors in another country, so that makes three from my timeline. I don't know where this kid's from," he said, gesturing to Sully. "I'm . . . scared, that's all."

Ironsbad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:36 pm

Krugeristan wrote:Assad nodded toward Smith and Sully. "OK, so I don't have to trust you; that doesn't make me feel any better about this place. All I know is that I opened a door in my estate and disappeared. I don't even know if anyone's looking for me." He looked around. "From what it looks like . . . we're all from different places in time or space or something." He looked at Morgan Freeman and Samuel Jackson. "I know you two are famous actors in another country, so that makes three from my timeline. I don't know where this kid's from," he said, gesturing to Sully. "I'm . . . scared, that's all."

Sully sighed," I don't even know where I came from. All I can remember is that it was dark, had a cup of Joe in my hand, and walked in a building. I know a lot about esoteric crap and about conspiracy theories." He takes a sip from the drink and stands up towards the President," Look at me, I don't seem like a scary guy and I sure as hell don't feel strong enough to rip you into twigs. Whatever I use to be, it seems I was in a city and had a night job, not that I would know."

He looks at himself and his clothes, something that feels familiar yet at the same time, hard to remember. "Look Assad, I understand that trust is a very hard to come by and we all have no memory of the past or very little for starters but let me get one thing clear with you. One, I'm probably the same age as you, just shorter. Because you really don't look that old in comparison to the actor next to you." He said while motioning to Morgan Freeman.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:38 pm

It's clearly quite of a place, to be fair.

"Nice forest, Mr. Smith," said Roberto, as he tried to stood up. What he remembered was the fact that he was supposed to entered his gym, his boxing gym, and not this forest, though to be fair it's more likely to be this forest after the explanation. Multiverse and walking through it are probably the only thing he can picked on.

Krugeristan wrote:Assad nodded toward Smith and Sully. "OK, so I don't have to trust you; that doesn't make me feel any better about this place. All I know is that I opened a door in my estate and disappeared. I don't even know if anyone's looking for me." He looked around. "From what it looks like . . . we're all from different places in time or space or something." He looked at Morgan Freeman and Samuel Jackson. "I know you two are famous actors in another country, so that makes three from my timeline. I don't know where this kid's from," he said, gesturing to Sully. "I'm . . . scared, that's all."

"We all probably from same universe, Mr. Assad. Why we are being the chosen ones here...now that's something else," as Roberto motioned himself to got closer to the ones who are in conversations.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Deutsch-Sudafrika
Envoy

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutsch-Sudafrika » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:11 pm

Morgan noticed the man gesturing at him and calling him old. "That's not very nice. Hasn't anyone ever told you to respect your elders?"
He then turned to Assad, and a spark ignited inside his brain. "You... I remember you, vaguely. I think you're from Syria. I don't even remember what a Syria is, but whatever it is, I know you're from there."
Old Tyrannia wrote:Those filthy Hands. They think they're so fancy with their opposable thumbs and remarkable dexterity. We will destroy them all, and usher in a new age of Foot supremacy.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:24 pm

Deutsch-Sudafrika wrote:Morgan noticed the man gesturing at him and calling him old. "That's not very nice. Hasn't anyone ever told you to respect your elders?"
He then turned to Assad, and a spark ignited inside his brain. "You... I remember you, vaguely. I think you're from Syria. I don't even remember what a Syria is, but whatever it is, I know you're from there."

"I remember being there once," Katrina piped up from the other end of the long table, sipping from a steaming hot cup of black coffee. "I think. It may have been somewhere else, somewhere similar. It was hot and I didn't like it, I remember that much."

She took another long sip. She didn't much like the coffee, either. Life experiences had tricked her taste buds into liking coffee that tasted like it was triple-brewed and then scraped from the bottom of the pot. Pure caffeine and bitterness.

Of course she wouldn't say anything about it. That would be rude.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse