NATION

PASSWORD

Washington (US Political RP; 2016 ; Special Events ; OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:19 am

She nodded and responded.

"Of course, de law has already told us what dey think. So while I disagree wit it, we must obey da laws. I will not be like Mr. Lotto and attack da law simply to defend a radical. But as per free speech, we must defend it and allow for all sides to be heard. Already, liberals are promoting safe spaces n censoring, creatin an environment where what we say isn't valid if we disagree wit them. Mr. Lotto is an example too...his statements or those of his endorsers may be in some cases extremist or radical, but I will nevah try to censure him. He has a right to say what he wants, as long as it does not harm someone physically, no matter how wrong or crazy it is."

She turned to him, smiling.

"Ya welcome."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:45 am

He did a half smile and turned back towards the camera with a face that echoed distaste.
"To answer your question, I believe there are no real limitsth to free speech. You sthee, free speech is a unique and fundamental asthpect of American culture and sthociety. Yes bomb threatsth should be investigated, but you shouldn't be punisthhed for saying something which only our outlooksth deem as offensive. Point and casthe, if you restrict free speech at any measure you are inviting totalitarianisthm because you can't draw a line for the bad stuff. Now, flag burning is different, flag burning is not speech or free expression since it is destruction."
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:00 am

"Ms Marlio you just referenced the President to support your platform a few minutes ago and Mr. Lotto, you accused her of throwing names out, so let's talk about the President. This will be a question for both candidates. How would you rate the Reed Administration so far, what's one issue where you believe you'll work best or better than your opponent with the President for New York, and what's one issue that you most disagree with the President on or policy of his you would oppose?"
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:04 am

Lenny slowly thought over the complicated question; Reed was just a guy he saw on magazines up until his campaign. He answered “Reed is a decent President, he’s doing not too bad of a job so far.”

He smiled “one of his bestht decisions must definitely be getting our boys home but that’s a different sort of deal. One great thing, I can’t praise enough honestly, is his trade policy: free trade. I like it very much. My economic policy would align with his, enrichment of New York when working with him would be triple that of if he worked with sthomeone like Marli. Marli would bankrupt us.”

He continued “He hasth his sthhort comings: nothing on protecting our bordersth and US identity. He’sth done nothing to make us sthafe from human trafficking and drug mules, that’s a very sad situation we need to urgently fix. Fix the immigration sthystem, Reed.”

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:41 pm

Marli nodded along with the question before speaking.

"President Reed has been an amazin' President n has pushed for major reform across all fronts. He has managed to finally pass sensible gun rights lahs n pushed through da American Right to Bear Arms Act. Dat is an important first step to protect our rights as Americans n push for solutions focused not on radical ideas but middle of da road ones. He has secured our Second Amendment n dat is an amazin' step towards advancing our rights. His proactive approach to governin is exactly what I wanna brin to da Senate."

"As for shortcomin's, we need a tax cut from da President and da Congress. Limit da Dudley Tax to protect families, cut taxes for da middle class, and encourage businesses to areas dat need dem da most. And if elected, dat is the biggest goal I am gonna push for."

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:54 pm

"One final question, there has currently been calls in Congress to ban Stand Your Ground following Dianna Noble's acquittal. Advocates for such a move suggest it would prevent people like Noble from getting away with mass murder, but opponent counter that it would take away the rights of law abiding citizens to self defense. Which side do you fall under in the debate, and do you believe what Dianna Noble did was justified?"

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Marli shook her head and began to speak.

"No, no way was she justified to murder da President's father n da people of dat town. She deserves to be served justice n I know dat dose proposals in da Senate will have da President's support n da Congress bipartisanship will be revealed. As I stated before, we need sensible reform n while dere will be questions raised n specifics to answer n define, we cannot allow radicals to run free. Already, we see a candidate of da fringe standing on dis stage, tryin' to take n seize dis party n its values by da reigns to run it into da ground. Radicals must be stopped n sensible reform is essential."

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:31 pm

"To answer your question, I believe we shouldn't be making rash decisions so often but on a issue as serious like this I believe that the overall likely choice of the Senatorsth and Congressmen from both partiesth is the right one: voting for it. Let's get a second trial coming with this ban on and get a straight verdict on Noble. It's unfortunate to say genuine cases of justhtified and brave stand your ground have to go, but if it's the necessary sacrifice to answer for the shooting I agree with it."

"And before I go Marlo, one lastht thing, you claiming that I will run this party to the ground isth, really, quite funny when you remember when it was you that, on stagesth like these, running yourself into the ground for a living. You should be the expert at." He smiled and raised his shoulders.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:38 pm

Marli laughed loudly, cackling and pointing a finger.

"You accepted Noble's endorsement n question whether or not she did anythin' run, n now you want to run her into da ground. Nothin but a flip-flopper n pandering sleazy politician. Maybe I can give you some flexibility tips since you seem to be twistin' n switchin' up your positions n stances on everything."

She smiled.

"You can't get under ma skin, I am tough and dat is da attidute Ima brin' to da Senate if elected."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:"To answer your question, I believe we shouldn't be making rash decisions so often but on a issue as serious like this I believe that the overall likely choice of the Senatorsth and Congressmen from both partiesth is the right one: voting for it. Let's get a second trial coming with this ban on and get a straight verdict on Noble. It's unfortunate to say genuine cases of justhtified and brave stand your ground have to go, but if it's the necessary sacrifice to answer for the shooting I agree with it."

"And before I go Marlo, one lastht thing, you claiming that I will run this party to the ground isth, really, quite funny when you remember when it was you that, on stagesth like these, running yourself into the ground for a living. You should be the expert at." He smiled and raised his shoulders.

"Mr. Lotto do you know it is impossible to try Noble again for the murder of Howland Reed due to the principle of Double Jeopardy?"

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:48 pm

"Yes, I am aware. I said i'd support a second trial before, I'm saying the same here now. But the decision could be, maybe, rendered invalid under thesthe changesth to the defence."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:50 pm

Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:"Yes, I am aware. I said i'd support a second trial before, I'm saying the same here now. But the decision could be, maybe, rendered invalid under thesthe changesth to the defence."

"You do know that is not how double jeopardy works right?"

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:52 pm

Marli rolled her eyes and quipped.

"It is obvious dat Mr. Lotto does not understand da law and derefore it is dangerous to elect him! He would not be able to pass laws when he don't even understand dem."

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:54 pm

"Marli how much did rapping teach you about law?"

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:03 pm

"That marks the end of our debate, candidates please make your closing statements"

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:03 pm

She rolled her eyes, speaking snarkily.

"Apparently more dan your career in journalism did. Den again, you were only a fake journalist, more focused on clickbait n flashy tabloid stories than real stories. You can't do dat in the Senate ya know? It only adds to why u are unfit."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:09 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:She rolled her eyes, speaking snarkily.

"Apparently more dan your career in journalism did. Den again, you were only a fake journalist, more focused on clickbait n flashy tabloid stories than real stories. You can't do dat in the Senate ya know? It only adds to why u are unfit."

"Thank you for your closing statement, now to Mr. Lotto."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:11 pm

She prepared herself, composing herself and fixing her sleeves before gripping the podium, speaking into the audience and the camera. She spoke despite her turn being over.

"New York, you have given me so much. I have witnessed first hand da hardship many of you suffer, n da charity n fellowship many communities n groups across dis state offer, again first hand. So I hope to take dose experiences, dat message, n dose values to Washington to represent dis state in da Senate. I am focused on cutting taxes for da middle n lower class so you have money in your pockets, not going to wasteful needs. I will fight for dat n helping create opportunity by rebuilding our infrastructure n supporting small business incentives to focus on bringing jobs n money into dis state. I am fighting to bring law n order, to cut crime n drugs, n unlike my opponent, I know da law. Together, n wit your support n vote, I can lead dis party's effort to bring justice n jobs, all just in time when this state and its people need it."
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:12 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:She prepared herself, composing herself and fixing her sleeves before gripping the podium, speaking into the audience and the camera.

"New York, you have given me so much. I have witnessed first hand da hardship many of you suffer, n da charity n fellowship many communities n groups across dis state offer, again first hand. So I hope to take dose experiences, dat message, n dose values to Washington to represent dis state in da Senate. I am focused on cutting taxes for da middle n lower class so you have money in your pockets, not going to wasteful needs. I will fight for dat n helping create opportunity by rebuilding our infrastructure n supporting small business incentives to focus on bringing jobs n money into dis state. I am fighting to bring law n order, to cut crime n drugs, n unlike my opponent, I know da law. Together, n wit your support n vote, I can lead dis party's effort to bring justice n jobs, all just in time when this state and its people need it."

"Looks like you had more to say, but we will allow it. Now to Mr. Lotto."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:20 pm

Lenny took a breath and forced his expression to that of seriousness and sternness "I'd like to finish on the note that I'm a journalist by heart, I fought against insiders from the start of my career till my own podcastht. I've seen the best and worst of politiciansth throughout these yearsth, I've seen the disappointment of New Yorkers, our upsth and downsth through to our sporting triumphsth. Through it all I stuck by New York, I've reported in placesth like Utica, Albany to even Buffalo and known some of the people in those storiesth by lastht name. I get New York, I want a better economy, I want environmental conservation, I want us to prosper through great trade dealsth again."

"Say what you will about me or anyone on this sthtage, this choice is all about you and I want the best for you: New York. I hope you vote this election for a truly New York. A sthenate seat not dictated by me but by our New York state. Thank you for having me"

Lenny walked off stage when the shooting wrapped up and extended a cold hand to the two hosts of the debate.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:23 pm

With the debate over, Marli went to her mother, making sure that the cameras followed her. She hugged her and kissed her forehead.

"Thank you ma."

She then went to shake the hands of the hosts, before moving towards Lotto.

"Best of luck Lenny."

She whispered.

"You'll need it..."
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:12 am

"Welcome everyone to the 2017 Virginia Gubernatorial Primary Debate. Today we have Mayor Arthur Arlen and former Congressman Moses Clearwater on stage to convince you to vote for them in the upcoming primaries.

We have several topics that are important to the voters of Connecticut and we want to get to all of them so we ask our audience to keep their applause and expressions until the end and the candidates to keep to the time limit and format.

We want to give both candidates a good chance to introduce themselves before we get into it so each candidate has three minutes for an opening statement. Representative Clearwater is first"

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:53 pm

Virginia Gubernatorial Debate

Clearwater strides onto the stage and waves, smiling.

"Well, I'm not from Connecticut, but congratulations to all of the candidates who fought a hard race. I hope Senator-Elect Roberts will be a Senator for the whole state, and that Dan Schmidt will soon recovah. I am here, however, to talk about Virginia. I'm runnin' for governah because in times like these, I believe we need leaders with both principles and a desire to compromise in a way that is civil and puts people before politics. There's a lot of good here in this state, and I want to work off of our strengths to make things even better. I want to expand Medicare coverage in this state, reform sentencing to benefit this state, and bolster our education system. I want to protect our natural resources, like the Chesapeake. I want to end homelessness and joblessness among veterans, and cut taxes for working families. Finally, I want Virginia to say no to the hate coming out of Washington by protecting the rights of women and our LGBT community, inspired by my ma and pa and the good people of all stripes who marched for the freedom and equality of the African American community. These are common sense ideas that we can work to turn into reality. I have a history as a dealmaker in Congress, and I have a life experience that goes beyond that of a politician. I wish Mayor Arlen the best and God bless the Commonwealth of Virginia!"
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:56 pm

Virginia Gubernatorial Primary Debate

Arthur confidently walks out onto the stage smiling and gave a quick wave to the crowd.

"Well, I'm not really sure if the voters of Connecticut really care about a Gubernatorial primary debate in Virginia, but what I do know is that the candidates there did fight in a long, hard race. But Virginians didn't tune into this debate to hear us talk about Connecticut, they want to hear about the issues that affect them. The reason why I am running for Governorship of Virginia is that I believe I can make good, impactful change to our state. There are a lot of things that work in Virginia and there are others that do not work so well, I want to build onto our strengths that we already have here in Virginia, while also trying to amend and fix the weaknesses we have. I want to protect LGBT equality in our state. I want to reform our healthcare system, I want to usher in criminal justice reform, especially for juveniles, I want to build a school-to-work pipeline, while also breaking the school-to-prison pipeline. It is also a top plan of mine to keep protecting women’s health and pro-choice issues. With your support Virginia, I believe we can make these ideas into reality. I wish the best of luck to Mr. Clearwater and may God bless our great state!"
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:04 pm

The very grumpy moderator who had not had his coffee decided that for that he was asking a new first question

"Representative Clearwater, while you were in Congress you carried on a long term affair with a legislative staffer. What do you believe that says about your judgement and trustworthiness as a potential governor?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse