NATION

PASSWORD

Washington (US Political RP; 2016 ; Special Events ; OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:55 pm

"I am running to be your next Senator because I believe in your values. I'm Pro-Choice, Pro-Environment, Pro-Equality, Pro-Universal Healthcare and Tuition-Free College. I believe in creating a better future for our children and grandchildren, and securing a safer, more prosperous America. I want to represent this state, most of all, because I believe in its people, and the example we can set together. Thank you."
Last edited by Vaquas on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Roberts speaks, a little quicker than normal to get it in the time limit: “I am running to be the next Senator of Connecticut because my values are Connecticut values. Other candidates say they’re trying to build a better future, but they parrot the policies of the failed Winston administration. I stand against corruption, I stand against ‘politics as usual’, and I stand against the threats that radical politics pose to future generations. I believe that we can do government smarter, with innovative solutions to healthcare, income inequality, foreign policy, and education. I am the only candidate in this race who offers fresh, new solutions to the problems that Nutmeggers and Americans face daily. Thank you very much.”
Last edited by Velahor on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:00 pm

New York Republican Senate Debate

Guyum: "Hello everybody joining us at home I am Julian Guyum,

DeMantis: "And I am Roger DeMantis. Today we will be hosting an exciting debate between Mr. Lenny Lotto and Ms. MarliO. both seeking the Republican Senate Nomination, to help those of you at home to get a better grasp of how the candidates plan to deal with critical issues. The rules as the debate is as follows, a moderator will ask a question to one of the candidates, and they shall be permitted 2 minutes to respond. The other candidate will then be granted 1.5 minutes to rebut the points. The first candidate will then be permitted a 30-second response. At the end of each question, the candidates may ask one question to each other that pertains to the topic."

Guyum: "So without further ado, the candidates may now come up to the stage and make their opening remarks."
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Republican Primary Debate

New York

Marli walked onto stage. Her mother had helped her choose her outfit and while she had been reluctant at first, Marli had decided to go with the bright red outfit. She needed to present herself as not only Republican Red but also as powerful, something the pants suit hopefully accomplished. She had her manager send it to a tailor though. The tailor had added some more buttons to the upper torso to not be as revealing, only showing down to her collar bone now.

She stepped up to the podium and smiled, waving to the audience. She moved her hair out of her eyes when she moved behind the podium, grasping it with one hand as she used the other to adjust the microphone.

"Thank you all, both to de network CNN and to de audience, tis an honor to be here, truly. I nevah thought I would stand here, ready to deliver my message of conservatism and reform for families and all dose strugglin everyday. Not just in the Big Apple but all across dis state, in Buffalo and Albany, to even the rural parts of dis state. New York is more diverse dan we may initially think and I wanna be able to address all needs by providing opportunity. Opportunities that we will bring to dis state by slashin taxes, creatin incentives for companies, and expandin wholesome services to the neediest so they can build their future with their own two hands."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:56 pm

-NEW YORK-
Republican Primary Debate

(Lenny Lotto wearing his designer suit, hour before the debate)

Lotto had decided to wear a modern suit to the debate, for multiple reasons: the fact he has to debate a fashion savvy rapper, the attention factor of the bold design and the themes of New York rural life which are prominently displayed by the patches all throughout the design. No fashion consultant, nothing, just him and some Iphone shopping. He had, in all honesty, little knowledge on who he was debating since he had invested most of his time on flinging darts on Torres' photo; a background check was needed, of course, after she tweeted at him. In actual fact, the lack of Torres made him somewhat empty.

He arrived in a yellow cab to the premises, cleared his mind, took a breath and relaxed seconds before the debate. Finally he took of his sunglasses.

He walked in front of his podium, smiled, and waved.

"Hello New York!"

"There isth nothing better, for me, than sthpeaking to all of you directly. Truly. I'd like to begin by saying that I am here to make our sthtate magnificent, and I'll be doing this by improving our economy, by improving our environment, by working together with with you. It's not about me, it'sth about you. Becausthe you deserve better than what you have, you deserve a sthtate where your children and grow and flourish. I hope I can be deserving of your vote after today and I hope that the New York Sthtate, the whole of New York, hasth a great beautiful future."

Lenny walked behind his podium and drank a sip of water from a plastic cup.
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:40 am

DeMantis: "The first question goes to you Mr. Lotto, you have been endorsed by numerous far right figures such as Sen. Alois Kramer, Gov. Fredrick Williams, and Ms. Dianna Noble. All 3 of these figures have been accused of racist rhetoric, do you stand by their endorsements and would you consider yourself a member of their movement? "
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:07 am

Lenny answered the question with a certain sense of caution in his head: "Now, I would like to clarify, we are stheparate people. Some stheparate views, I would presthume, and stheparate campaigns. There is not an overarching American movement which I am a part of, apart for the Republican G.O.P..."

He leaned slightly in.

"They have the freedom to endorsthe whoever they want and they endorsthed me because I sthtand behind firm strong principles; whatever people claim they sthaid they answer for and not me. I ansthwer for my mysthelf only. I accepted their endorsementsth becausthe we need a united Republican party, cooperation is the key for future national prosperity."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:45 pm

Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:Lenny answered the question with a certain sense of caution in his head: "Now, I would like to clarify, we are stheparate people. Some stheparate views, I would presthume, and stheparate campaigns. There is not an overarching American movement which I am a part of, apart for the Republican G.O.P..."

He leaned slightly in.

"They have the freedom to endorsthe whoever they want and they endorsthed me because I sthtand behind firm strong principles; whatever people claim they sthaid they answer for and not me. I ansthwer for my mysthelf only. I accepted their endorsementsth becausthe we need a united Republican party, cooperation is the key for future national prosperity."

"Ms. MarliO your response."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:05 pm

"Let's make one thang clear here, Lenny over der did not accept dose endorsements to unify da party, he did it to make it clear dat he was standin with da values of the fringe. Da values dat drove Dianna Noble to attack fellow Americans dat even fellow Republicans condemned, he accepted an endorsement from a woman who does not even value the sanctity of life dat I will uphold. Senator Kramer n Governor Williams shared outdated and obsolete views bout our society and our country yet Lenny refused to condemn dem."

She continued.

"Ion share dat view point, I will not back away from dem and I will truly focus on advancin the agenda of conservatism, President Reed, and above all, all New Yorkers and their families."
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:20 pm

DeMantis: "M.r Lotto your counter response."
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:47 am

"In actuality, my opponent here couldn't care less about the Republican party, she has zero recognition from fellow party members, zero endorsements. For good reason, it'sth because she's not a true party member."

"I have stheen Progressthives desthperate to recruit her, to defend her and to protect her from outsthide criticism which comesth from senior Republicansth. She'sth throwing around Reed's name because she has barley any knowledge on the G.O.P, she is clearly trying to infiltrate our party and it'sth valuesth here in New York for her music chartsth and progressthive friends, it is beyond obvious by the way so many hard left democratsth praise her. Either way, calling the founding beliefsth of our Americans who have given themselves to public service asth 'outdated' is blatantly disrespectful to what made this country great: family, liberty and homeland."

"I am sthtanding by those three principlesth" Lenny struck his fist lightly upon the podium "Thisth campaign shall sthtand by those three principlesth"

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:06 pm

Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:"In actuality, my opponent here couldn't care less about the Republican party, she has zero recognition from fellow party members, zero endorsements. For good reason, it'sth because she's not a true party member."

"I have stheen Progressthives desthperate to recruit her, to defend her and to protect her from outsthide criticism which comesth from senior Republicansth. She'sth throwing around Reed's name because she has barley any knowledge on the G.O.P, she is clearly trying to infiltrate our party and it'sth valuesth here in New York for her music chartsth and progressthive friends, it is beyond obvious by the way so many hard left democratsth praise her. Either way, calling the founding beliefsth of our Americans who have given themselves to public service asth 'outdated' is blatantly disrespectful to what made this country great: family, liberty and homeland."

"I am sthtanding by those three principlesth" Lenny struck his fist lightly upon the podium "Thisth campaign shall sthtand by those three principlesth"

DeMantis: " Ms. MarliO you may now ask Mr. Lotto a question."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:03 pm

"Ms. MarliO, the next question goes to you, how do you define conservatism?"

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:17 pm

Marli narrowed her eyes.

"Dose principles of liberty n family are great to hear but what do you say to da family of dose Dianna Noble killed? Instead, you choose to forget dem, forget da fact dat she isa murderer. So until you reject her endorsement, tonight, you stand by murder. Dat is not a family value, dat is just pure hate. It's not bout guns, it bout not lettin a fringe, alt-right murderer influence New York politics."

"I have only one question, what do you say to dose Noble killed? What do you tell dem, do you lecture dem bout family values n heartland sentiments? Do you tell dem how you stand by da one who killed her loved ones?"

She nodded towards Guyum.

"Conservatism is simply da belief dat individuals hold da highest form of rights, da right to be free from taxation n regulations dat choke growth, da right to free from threats n violence by establishing criminal justice, n highest above all, da right to have opportunities fostered n protected in dis state, dis country."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:06 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Marli narrowed her eyes.

"Dose principles of liberty n family are great to hear but what do you say to da family of dose Dianna Noble killed? Instead, you choose to forget dem, forget da fact dat she isa murderer. So until you reject her endorsement, tonight, you stand by murder. Dat is not a family value, dat is just pure hate. It's not bout guns, it bout not lettin a fringe, alt-right murderer influence New York politics."

"I have only one question, what do you say to dose Noble killed? What do you tell dem, do you lecture dem bout family values n heartland sentiments? Do you tell dem how you stand by da one who killed her loved ones?"

She nodded towards Guyum.

"Conservatism is simply da belief dat individuals hold da highest form of rights, da right to be free from taxation n regulations dat choke growth, da right to free from threats n violence by establishing criminal justice, n highest above all, da right to have opportunities fostered n protected in dis state, dis country."

"Mr. Lotto your response to that question."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:12 am

"I'll tell them straight away, right now, to them directly: I am sympathisthe with your loss, I hope the culprit faces the maximum and hardestht penalty of the law and I am sthorry that my opponent is using your deeply saddening lossth as a tool for political leverage. I would hope that no one ever uses the death of my family or friends in this way, as a simple argument point on live television."

"If it in fact was Dianna Noble that committed thisth horrendous atrocity, I again repeat myself, I sthupport the full penalty of the law."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:24 am

"Ms. Marlio your response."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:25 pm

She scoffed audibly.

"You sympathize wit dem, dat's what you offer to da people who lost a loved one? Dianna Noble did commit dis atrocity, dere is no question. Dere is film of her killin' people, a video dat has gone viral n was even used in criminal court. She is a murderer. How can you stand dere wondering if she even did dis, tryin' to make her innocent n defend her actions? You either discard her endorsement n denounce her, or you stand wit a murderer n declare yourself unfit to be da Republican nominee."

She looked towards the audience.

"We need to restore law n order, in New York n in dis country. N allowing a man to represent our party, a man who supporters murderers n questions da letter of da law, dat is not a man who will restore law n order."

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:29 pm

Lenny Lotto raised his eyebrow. “Excuse me but this has gone long enough, you will not come on this stage to hurl gibberish insults at me like thisth is one of them rap diss tracksth. I came to speak on ideology and all three of you, probably in cahootsth, have twisted it on someone who’sth name I’ve bearly heard. I don’t know her and I can’t take words out of her mouth. Oh and a another thing, the law is not up to usth or emotion, the law is up to our trusted judges and brave officers.”

“We already have law and order, you wanting to put your own unstudied unspecific twist into the law system will run the risk into our justice system following ideology. Do you want to reverse western progressth in law?”

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:Lenny Lotto raised his eyebrow. “Excuse me but this has gone long enough, you will not come on this stage to hurl gibberish insults at me like thisth is one of them rap diss tracksth. I came to speak on ideology and all three of you, probably in cahootsth, have twisted it on someone who’sth name I’ve bearly heard. I don’t know her and I can’t take words out of her mouth. Oh and a another thing, the law is not up to usth or emotion, the law is up to our trusted judges and brave officers.”

“We already have law and order, you wanting to put your own unstudied unspecific twist into the law system will run the risk into our justice system following ideology. Do you want to reverse western progressth in law?”

Marli turned to him, staring him down for a short moment. She continued.

"I am disappointed...no, Ima be appalled dat you would refer to dese serious n even disqualifying remarks bout your endorsement from Murderer Dianna Noble as gibberish insults. If you can't even take dese accusations seriously, if you cannot even hold your own actions accountable n be responsible, den Ion know how you can expect dis party to support you, much less New York state. You may have come to speak on ideology but defend ya own actions, dat's what we expect our elected officials to do n if you can't, get on out of here. We need leaders who will stand strong, follow da law, represent our values, not one who will twist words, be on da defense all da time, and seek endorsements from criminals. I am da former, you are da latter."
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:59 am

Lenny continued looking into the camera "Look now, I didn't commit what Noble committed or might have intended to commit. Marli, if as a member of our here Republican party in New York, this issthue matters so much to you, I can assure you that I would sthupport a second trial. I can guarantee you I did not stheek favourable wordsth from her, I did not ever speak to her prior the tweet and she has had zero, non, nonexistent, interaction with me, my campaign or anybody in my camp after or before the tweet. If you really want to start debating online tweetsth, because that lady never showed up to a physical rally or fundraiser, you can keep at it. Do you want to debate tweetsth? or do you want to talk policy which mattersth for New York votersth?"

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:41 pm

"Let us move on, this question is for both of you. The flag burning amendment has been in the spotlight recently, attracting both support and controversy what are your opinions on such an amendment?"

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:42 am

Lenny instantly jumped to respond to the question "I regard flag burning as a symbolic dishonour against the United States of America, the valuesth that we as Americans sthtand for and the very things our forefathers fought to protect in countlessth wars. It's the intention of hatred and pure disregard for our great American community that I severely find distasteful. Civil discoursthe is perfectly acceptable about American policy or American issues, but large provocations like this that will lead to clashes and violence shouldn't be allowed in our civil society. A little amount of nationsth on this globe would be fine with their national symbolsth being tarnished on public display."

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:00 pm

Marli composed herself, and after he finished speaking, she jumped in.

"I agree, hondo percent. Dere is nothin that is respectable bout burnin a flag dat represents da values of dis country...like actually surprisingly I agree with Mr. Lotto here. Dey represent freedom, opportunity, and da American spirit and character. Now, many of our politicians or candidates may not embody dese values but dey are something dat we must stand up for and defend. A sign of respec for our veterans and dose who have their lives to dis country too, which often is forgotten when dey lack jobs or are unemployed! Which is why we need to help spur economic growth and jobs for New York's fighters!"

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:12 am

"Ms. Marlio and Mr. Lotto the courts have already ruled that flag burning is constitutionally protected free speech under the 1st amendment,
as it is not a direct incitement of violence. So with that in mind, what is your opinion on the limits of free speech?"

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse