NATION

PASSWORD

Washington (US Political RP; 2016 ; Special Events ; OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:38 pm

Waldriech wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:(Okay, nevermind, I don't need to go yet)

"Permission to speak on this?"

"Yes Congressman."

"While it is true that there are many disabled people on Welfare, the fact stands that far too many of receipients are in fact perfectly capable workers, who simply take the subsidies because they are too lazy to get a job. I agree with Hutchinson when he says that charities significantly benefit those who face difficulty standing, and there are many charity missions focusing on helping those in need. If we cut Welfare spending, get those on the program to work, allow Churches and other groups to support those who are in need of assistance, and help find suitable jobs for them, our unemployment will be strongly reduced, and we can finally have a strong, free economy,"
Die nasty!!111

Emiratistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Emiratistan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:42 pm

Waldriech wrote:"Ok...Now, we move onto the topic of immigration. Governor Drumpf we'll start with you. As we we all know millions of illegal immigrants are pouring over our borders. If you were president how will you fix this problem?"

Don't know if Drumpf saw this...

Waldriech
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Waldriech » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:44 pm

"There is a viewer poll at the top of your screen. Who would you vote for in 2016?"
I'm a, Catholic, Anarcho-Capitalist from Arkansas.

Pro: Free-Market, Property Rights, Gun Rights, Weed Legalization, Public Service Privatization, Trump, Rand and Ron Paul, GOP, Free Speech, Religious Freedom, Catholic Teachings, Non-Aggression Principle, Natural Law, General Pinochet.

Anti: Communism, Democrats, ISIS, Terrorism, SJWs, Gay Pride.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Waldriech wrote:"Ok...Now, we move onto the topic of immigration. Governor Drumpf we'll start with you. As we we all know millions of illegal immigrants are pouring over our borders. If you were president how will you fix this problem?"

(Sorry did not see that)
We are going to build a great, great wall on our southern border, and trust me I know how to build walls, and I can build them very inexpensively. It is going to be really great, and we are going to make Mexico pay for that wall. You know just because Mexico is paying I think I will build the wall very expensively, just because they are Mexico. Currently we have a very bad trade deal with Mexico, and they are taking our jobs, and Mexicans are coming over the border to commit crimes of unprecedented proportions. THE WALL IS GOING TO MAKE THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA LOOK SMALL, AND PUNY!

We are also going to hold remittance payments back from Mexico unless the immigrants show us valid ID. Speaking of which we are going to make companies that hire illegals pay really hard, I think a fine of 0.5 percent of total revenue for every infraction is good. I think we should also end right of birth citizenship, as many bad people are coming up and taking advantage of it. Yeah that is right, drug dealers can have citizens if they are born here.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Zelent
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zelent » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Waldriech wrote:"There is a viewer poll at the top of your screen. Who would you vote for in 2016?"

Seizing the opportunity to make a pointed disruption and cause general ruckus via heckling, shouts emerged from the area encompassed by Schniderhouser legionnaires.
"Schnider! Lets Rebuild America Kamerades!"
Last edited by Zelent on Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Support: Universal Health Care, Nationalism, Conscription, Infrastructure Investment, Border Wall, Workfare, Freedom, Bill of Rights, Social market economics, Cannabis decriminalization, Ukrainian Independence, All Lives Matter

Neutral: Trump,

Against: Clinton, TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA, European Union, Political Correctness, Black Lives Matter, Drug Abuse, Lobbyists, ISIS

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:50 pm

Democratic peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:

(Sorry did not see that)
We are going to build a great, great wall on our southern border, and trust me I know how to build walls, and I can build them very inexpensively. It is going to be really great, and we are going to make Mexico pay for that wall. You know just because Mexico is paying I think I will build the wall very expensively, just because they are Mexico. Currently we have a very bad trade deal with Mexico, and they are taking our jobs, and Mexicans are coming over the border to commit crimes of unprecedented proportions. THE WALL IS GOING TO MAKE THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA LOOK SMALL, AND PUNY!

We are also going to hold remittance payments back from Mexico unless the immigrants show us valid ID. Speaking of which we are going to make companies that hire illegals pay really hard, I think a fine of 0.5 percent of total revenue for every infraction is good. I think we should also end right of birth citizenship, as many bad people are coming up and taking advantage of it. Yeah that is right, drug dealers can have citizens if they are born here.

Upon mention of making Mexico pay for it, Mullins looked over to Drumpf as if he were some sort of maniac. Shaking his head, he asked a simple question, "Permission to respond?"
Last edited by Jovuistan on Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Die nasty!!111

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:53 pm

(Sorry did not see that)

*Egazarian shook his head, almost in disappointment. he looked towards Bob, asking him for a reply with his eyes*
Korwin-Mikke 2020
Տխերք հավակեկ բոզերա. Կոոնել կոոնելով Արաչ ենկ երտոոմ մինչեվ Բակու

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Mixed: Fascism, Anarcho Capitalism, Donald Trump
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Waldriech
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Waldriech » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:53 pm

"Mullins, Egazarian, what is your immigration plan. After that will be the closing statements."
Last edited by Waldriech on Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pro: Free-Market, Property Rights, Gun Rights, Weed Legalization, Public Service Privatization, Trump, Rand and Ron Paul, GOP, Free Speech, Religious Freedom, Catholic Teachings, Non-Aggression Principle, Natural Law, General Pinochet.

Waldriech
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Waldriech » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:00 pm

"I got to go, final ill end this debate." I will show the polls tomorrow, the Iowa Cacu will be wed.

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Waldriech wrote:"Mullins, Egazarian, what is your immigration plan. After that will be the closing statements."

Thank you Bob. I do agree with Drumpf to some extent, we do need to build a wall and strengthen border control, but we must not have Mexico pay for it all and I do not agree that all Mexicans are bad and his call for an end to birth citizenship. Forcing Mexico to solely pay for an American-sponsored wall would be a violation of their sovereignty and even international law. We should chip in, but they should too. I mean, it is our border. To add onto my defense of the Mexican people, like the Muslim refugees, many of them are bad criminals who should not be let into the country without any screening. We must not allow any illegals into the country unless they are screened, vetted, and clean. I am for legal immigration, not illegal. Also, birth citizenship is a right stated in the constitution. If you are born in the US, regardless of situation, you should be entitled to citizenship. Though, I do disagree that it should be used as a lever for the parents to be let in. They must come into the country like every other legal immigrant and go through the same process that they go through.
Last edited by The Portland Territory on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korwin-Mikke 2020

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:06 pm

Waldriech wrote:"Mullins, Egazarian, what is your immigration plan. After that will be the closing statements."

"I would like to ask the Governor how he would even be able to make Mexico pay for the wall? Not to mention the fact that a wall would take forever to build, and would likely not even be able to stop the flow of illegal immigrants before he's out of office. Most of the immigrants coming illegally are the same as all who want to live in America - they want to pursue the American Dream, they just don't realize that there are much more legal ways to do it.

A much better policy would be to actually enforce our current immigration laws, and have a zero-tolerance policy towards those who come here illegally. If someone violates border laws, we should deport them like every other country would. If someone wants to enter legally, that's fine as long as they can pass the citizenship test. And I agree with with Egazarian when he says we need to improve our screening process, so those who do come here legally aren't trying to commit any crimes. All in all, we cannot pursue changes to our immigration system until we can properly work the one we have right now,"
Last edited by Jovuistan on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Die nasty!!111

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

New Hampshire Debate Intro

Postby Krugeristan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:25 pm

Robert Lawson smiled shyly to the cameras after putting down his sheets of questions. "Good evening everyone, welcome to New Hampshire, I'm Robert Lawson, and I'll be tonight's debate's moderator. There's a lot to talk about tonight, and all of these questions were sent in by the voters themselves, asking everything from foreign policy to immigration, the Middle East, North Korea, and religion. We first start off by meeting each of the candidates starting off with the man on the far right of the stage, Speaker of the House, Jay Garestaer. How are you doing tonight, Mr. Garestaer?"

Garestaer adjusted his tie, the stage lights glinting off his green eye. "I'm doing great, thank you."

"Do you think you'll do well tonight?"

"Of course, Mr. Lawson. I don't plan on insulting my fellow candidates. I want to answer the questions and tell the truth like an honest man should."

"Alright, Mr. Garestaer, let's turn to the man on your right, Matteos Egazarian. First off, Mr. Egazarian, how are you feeling? You were in a nasty terrorist attack last week, and you're still on a feeding tube?"
Pro: Trump, Assad, Putin, guns, death penalty, Israel, religion, chocolate, me
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

This 10,000 [insert random thing here] genocide thing is a meme, right?

The Best of Assad in 2016

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:27 pm

Well if you have to know Mr. Lawson, yes, I am still on the tube. But yes, I am doing excellent tonight, still in recovery but I'm recovering well. Thanks for having me here.
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:29 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:Well if you have to know Mr. Lawson, yes, I am still on the tube. But yes, I am doing excellent tonight, still in recovery but I'm recovering well. Thanks for having me here.

"That's not a problem, Mr. Egazarian. Hope you feel better. On your right, we have Gerald Drumpf. How are you doing tonight, Mr. Drumpf, and what are your thoughts on how well you're going to do?"
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:33 pm

Krugeristan wrote:
The Portland Territory wrote:Well if you have to know Mr. Lawson, yes, I am still on the tube. But yes, I am doing excellent tonight, still in recovery but I'm recovering well. Thanks for having me here.

"That's not a problem, Mr. Egazarian. Hope you feel better. On your right, we have Gerald Drumpf. How are you doing tonight, Mr. Drumpf, and what are your thoughts on how well you're going to do?"

"The terror attack is proof that all Muslims are bad people, nobody ever saw it coming, the very corrupt FBI, and the very corrupt CIA under the payroll of Fishy Fischer made this happen. I heard reports that the attackers were all asylum seekers. I thought that all refugees were good people? They are all bad people, very bad, very sad about the attack that happened. I cannot begin to express the sorrow that the families must feel. But, unlike the others I am going to actually do something about it. I am offering the families of the victims a lifetime of free stays at my fantastic Drumpfton hotels. I know it does not assuage your sorrow, but it is something. The only way that we can stop these things is a total and complete shutdown of all Muslims entering the USA, until our officials can figure out what the hell is going on !

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:34 pm

*Egazarian gave Drumpf a discreet look of disgust*
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:35 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:*Egazarian gave Drumpf a discreet look of disgust*

*Drumpf returns the dirty look*

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:37 pm

Krugeristan wrote:

"The terror attack is proof that all Muslims are bad people, nobody ever saw it coming, the very corrupt FBI, and the very corrupt CIA under the payroll of Fishy Fischer made this happen. I heard reports that the attackers were all asylum seekers. I thought that all refugees were good people? They are all bad people, very bad, very sad about the attack that happened. I cannot begin to express the sorrow that the families must feel. But, unlike the others I am going to actually do something about it. I am offering the families of the victims a lifetime of free stays at my fantastic Drumpfton hotels. I know it does not assuage your sorrow, but it is something. The only way that we can stop these things is a total and complete shutdown of all Muslims entering the USA, until our officials can figure out what the hell is going on !

Lawson was a little unsettled. "Mr. Drumpf, we save long statements for the actual questions. Right now, we're just introducing ourselves--Are you alright, Mr. Garestaer?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm just trying to get the water to hit me." Garestaer, in secret, was looking at Egazarian, giving him a "Drumpf is really a moron" look.

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:38 pm

Krugeristan wrote:

Lawson was a little unsettled. "Mr. Drumpf, we save long statements for the actual questions. Right now, we're just introducing ourselves--Are you alright, Mr. Garestaer?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm just trying to get the water to hit me." Garestaer, in secret, was looking at Egazarian, giving him a "Drumpf is really a moron" look.

*Egazarian saw it at the corner of his eye, giving a little smirk upon realization*
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:40 pm

Krugeristan wrote:

"Are you saying that the terror attack was unimportant? Are you trying to belittle the suffering of the families? Look while the others are talking about blanket statements about terror, I am going to actually do something about it!"

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:41 pm

Krugeristan wrote:

"Are you saying that the terror attack was unimportant? Are you trying to belittle the suffering of the families? Look while the others are talking about blanket statements about terror, I am going to actually do something about it!"

(I don't think you would see that)
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:42 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:

(I don't think you would see that)

(That was for the moderator)

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:43 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:(I don't think you would see that)

(That was for the moderator)

(oh)
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:45 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:
Krugeristan wrote:

*Egazarian saw it at the corner of his eye, giving a little smirk upon realization*

Garestaer almost burst out laughing, but made it look like he was sneezing.

Lawson adjusted his microphone. "Mr. Drumpf, enough. I don't want to have to remove you from the room. Alright, some of the other candidates are having minor delays, so, we will get started. First question, sent in by a voter, asking, 'Will you build the Keystone XL Pipeline, and if so, why?'"

Garestaer cleared his throat. "I will build the pipeline, and I will probably build more pipelines to go along with it. The oil industry in America is so heavily dependent on the Middle East, and I don't think it should be. Geological surveys have found numerous deposits of shale, natural gas, and oil in places like New York, North Dakota, Texas, Virginia, and yet we're not drilling. We're starting wars in the Middle East just to get oil, and we have our own oil right beneath our feet. Oil and natural gas will create jobs for Americans and provide cheap and reliable energy for millions of Americans."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:50 pm

"The keystone XL pipeline is a very good project, it will create jobs, it will create independence, and it will allow us to get more oil. Overall it is a fantastic system. We need to get tough on Saudi Arabia, we need to get tough on OPEC. OPEC also uses their oil money to fund terrorists to attack us, because they are all very bad. They inflate prices to very very bad levels, and that is bad for America, almost as bad as China manipulating our currency. I will also drill everywhere, I will drill in Alaska, I will drill in the Gulf of Mexico, I will just drill baby drill!

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse