NATION

PASSWORD

Washington (US Political RP; 2016 ; Special Events ; OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:47 pm

Waldriech wrote:"Thank you Mr. Drumpf. Senator Egazarian, do you agree with Drumpf?"

Not on all of his points, Bob. While I do agree that we should not accept any refugees and I applaud Mr. Drumpf for banning them in his state, I do not agree that we should patrol Muslim neighborhoods. It would help insignificantly. Radical Islamists and Jihadists get their support and enlist people via the internet. What we should do is patrol the internet more, searching for them where they are most powerful. We can find out who they are, search our databases, and arrest them. Patrolling Muslim neighborhoods wouldn't do much, given that all Muslims in the US do not necessarily live in "Muslim Neighborhoods". Not to mention, don't call be a liberal about this, but it is a violation of people's rights. Just because a person is Muslim, it does not mean that they are bad nor should they be watched solely because of it.
Korwin-Mikke 2020
Տխերք հավակեկ բոզերա. Կոոնել կոոնելով Արաչ ենկ երտոոմ մինչեվ Բակու

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Mixed: Fascism, Anarcho Capitalism, Donald Trump
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Waldriech
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Waldriech » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:50 pm

"Thank you Senator" Meg stood up and announced the next topic. "Gentlemen, I'll ask you some questions about federal spending and the role of the federal government. Everybody always said they want to cut federal spending and usually they start by saying they'll cut waste, fraud, and abuse, but that really doesn't ever materialize. We all know that. Congressman Hutchinson, you talk a lot about entitlement reform and you say that that's where the federal government can get savings needed to balance the budget. But can you name even one thing that the federal government does now that it should not do at all?"
I'm a, Catholic, Anarcho-Capitalist from Arkansas.

Pro: Free-Market, Property Rights, Gun Rights, Weed Legalization, Public Service Privatization, Trump, Rand and Ron Paul, GOP, Free Speech, Religious Freedom, Catholic Teachings, Non-Aggression Principle, Natural Law, General Pinochet.

Anti: Communism, Democrats, ISIS, Terrorism, SJWs, Gay Pride.

Emiratistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Emiratistan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:58 pm

"Well Meg, I have drafted numerous plans to balance the budget and cut spending to useless organizations in our country. I believe we should cut spending to three organizations. Planned Parenthood, the EPA, and Welfare. We should completely gut Planned Parenthood. They are responsible for the death of millions of unborn children. Ne need them gone! The EPA is trash too, I know Mr. Drumpf agrees, they hurt business number one, and they are proven not to be effective, a total waste of money. And then Welfare, don't even get me started on them. The make people lazy! Millions of workers, doing nothing! Being on the sides of the streets should teach them"
Last edited by Emiratistan on Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waldriech
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Waldriech » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:00 pm

"Thank you. Mr. Drumpf, many polls have shown that you are the best candidate for the Economy. Could Mr. Hutchinson's budget cuts work?"

Pro: Free-Market, Property Rights, Gun Rights, Weed Legalization, Public Service Privatization, Trump, Rand and Ron Paul, GOP, Free Speech, Religious Freedom, Catholic Teachings, Non-Aggression Principle, Natural Law, General Pinochet.

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:03 pm

(gotta eat dinner, if I'm not back, skip me, I'll post a message like this when I am)
Korwin-Mikke 2020

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Waldriech
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Waldriech » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Well it appears Mr. Drumpf has left . We will now have a commercial Break before our next topic. Immigration...
Fox News!
The Six at 5PM
And the Mortellti File at 9PM

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:12 pm

(back)
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Waldriech wrote:"Thank you. Mr. Drumpf, many polls have shown that you are the best candidate for the Economy. Could Mr. Hutchinson's budget cuts work?"

"I am flattered that the American people think that I am a great candidate for the economy, afterall I am the only one here that has actually balanced a budget, and employed people very efficiently. I agree that Planned Parenthood, and the EPA are completely stupid. But, it is bad idea to gut welfare. We need to remember that many disabled people rely on welfare, and that it would be a very bad idea to destroy it completely. Many people who are poor deserve a helping hand, what we need is not welfare, but workfare. That way we can give them practical work experience, while getting money back from welfare. These programs were very effective in Georgia, and many people are now thanking me for their experience. I do not need their thanks, America needs to be smart about welfare!

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Emiratistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emiratistan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:14 pm

Democratic peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Waldriech wrote:"Thank you. Mr. Drumpf, many polls have shown that you are the best candidate for the Economy. Could Mr. Hutchinson's budget cuts work?"

"I am flattered that the American people think that I am a great candidate for the economy, afterall I am the only one here that has actually balanced a budget, and employed people very efficiently. I agree that Planned Parenthood, and the EPA are completely stupid. But, it is bad idea to gut welfare. We need to remember that many disabled people rely on welfare, and that it would be a very bad idea to destroy it completely. Many people who are poor deserve a helping hand, what we need is not welfare, but workfare. That way we can give them practical work experience, while getting money back from welfare. These programs were very effective in Georgia, and many people are now thanking me for their experience. I do not need their thanks, America needs to be smart about welfare!

"Mr Drumpf If I may interrupt."

Waldriech
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Waldriech » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:14 pm

"Go ahead" said meg.

Emiratistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emiratistan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:18 pm

"Millions of able bodied workers are on welfare. if we git rid of It would make them seek jobs, which helps the economy. You are a businessman, right. Helping the economy is a good thing right? And for the disabled. That's why we have charities, a few generous people could keep the disabled, being a small percent of the welfare population afloat. Correct?"

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:19 pm

Emiratistan wrote:"Millions of able bodied workers are on welfare. if we git rid of It would make them seek jobs, which helps the economy. You are a businessman, right. Helping the economy is a good thing right? And for the disabled. That's why we have charities, a few generous people could keep the disabled, being a small percent of the welfare population afloat. Correct?"

Mullins showed his support for Hutchinson's words with a nod.
Die nasty!!111

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:22 pm

Emiratistan wrote:"Millions of able bodied workers are on welfare. if we git rid of It would make them seek jobs, which helps the economy. You are a businessman, right. Helping the economy is a good thing right? And for the disabled. That's why we have charities, a few generous people could keep the disabled, being a small percent of the welfare population afloat. Correct?"

If I may, while I do agree that we should limit welfare, if the people who truly need the money don't receive it, then how can they find a job? You need a car for a good job, with no temporary income, how can they afford one? What if they are injured, how can they pay for necessities without medicaid? Many people truly need government help, and charities alone will not do enough.
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:23 pm

(I have to go, I'll be back in a bit)
Die nasty!!111

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:24 pm

"That is correct that is what we did in Georgia. We matched the disabled with government contractors which are desperate for unskilled labor, and trust there are a lot of companies who are looking for unskilled labor. What we did was very good. That is why Georgia has the cheapest cost per mile of road, and the workers get valuable experience. I would hardly call that lazy.

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:26 pm

(Okay, nevermind, I don't need to go yet)

"Permission to speak on this?"
Die nasty!!111

Emiratistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emiratistan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:27 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:

If I may, while I do agree that we should limit welfare, if the people who truly need the money don't receive it, then how can they find a job? You need a car for a good job, with no temporary income, how can they afford one? What if they are injured, how can they pay for necessities without medicaid? Many people truly need government help, and charities alone will not do enough.

"I disagree, my grandparents were immigrants from Germany, when the came to America in 1902 they worked hard. They settled in southern Missouri. They didn't have a car, they had to walk 16 miles every day, and still got to work an a farm everyday."

Waldriech
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Waldriech » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:29 pm

Jovuistan wrote:(Okay, nevermind, I don't need to go yet)

"Permission to speak on this?"

"Yes Congressman."

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:31 pm

Emiratistan wrote:
The Portland Territory wrote:If I may, while I do agree that we should limit welfare, if the people who truly need the money don't receive it, then how can they find a job? You need a car for a good job, with no temporary income, how can they afford one? What if they are injured, how can they pay for necessities without medicaid? Many people truly need government help, and charities alone will not do enough.

"I disagree, my grandparents were immigrants from Germany, when the came to America in 1902 they worked hard. They settled in southern Missouri. They didn't have a car, they had to walk 16 miles every day, and still got to work an a farm everyday."

And how many years ago was that? I was born into a poor family where we could barely keep our one car. It was hard to have both of my parents working because of it. In modern America, it is very hard for grown adults to find good jobs if they have no means of transportation. Some may argue that taking a bus could be a substitute, but it would limit one's schedule's and be a hassle.
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Emiratistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emiratistan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:34 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:
Emiratistan wrote:"I disagree, my grandparents were immigrants from Germany, when the came to America in 1902 they worked hard. They settled in southern Missouri. They didn't have a car, they had to walk 16 miles every day, and still got to work an a farm everyday."

And how many years ago was that? I was born into a poor family where we could barely keep our one car. It was hard to have both of my parents working because of it. In modern America, it is very hard for grown adults to find good jobs if they have no means of transportation. Some may argue that taking a bus could be a substitute, but it would limit one's schedule's and be a hassle.

"Well, we all know the bus is still faster than walking, easier too."
Last edited by Emiratistan on Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:34 pm

Emiratistan wrote:
The Portland Territory wrote:If I may, while I do agree that we should limit welfare, if the people who truly need the money don't receive it, then how can they find a job? You need a car for a good job, with no temporary income, how can they afford one? What if they are injured, how can they pay for necessities without medicaid? Many people truly need government help, and charities alone will not do enough.

That was a different time, my father from Austria came with 5 cents in his pocket, and nothing but his clothes on his backs, eventually he was able to get together enough money to buy a taxicab by working oddjobs. After a few years he was able to get enough money to buy a cab, and then another one, and then another one, before a large taxi empire grew out of the measly 5 cents out of his pocket. It still exists in Atlanta, called Drumpf Express, you should all ride it some day. That was the America of the 20th century, that is not how it is today. Regulation has killed businesses, and made it harder and harder for businesses to be made by small businessmen. I want to go back to that America, but liberals have opposed me every turn of the way, causing many people to be trapped in poverty, due to huge regulations, not allowing companies to hire. Workfare is only a temporary measure, and I hope it gets replaced soon enough, but right now we need it more than ever, to provide the unfortunate very important job training.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Waldriech
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Waldriech » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:35 pm

"I think we should end this and continue to immigration."

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:36 pm

Emiratistan wrote:
The Portland Territory wrote:And how many years ago was that? I was born into a poor family where we could barely keep our one car. It was hard to have both of my parents working because of it. In modern America, it is very hard for grown adults to find good jobs if they have no means of transportation. Some may argue that taking a bus could be a substitute, but it would limit one's schedule's and be a hassle.

"Well, we all know the bus is still faster than walking, easier too."

But it is still very limiting, not to mention most places don't have a good bus system.
Korwin-Mikke 2020

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:36 pm

Waldriech wrote:"I think we should end this and continue to immigration."

Ok
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Waldriech
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Waldriech » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:37 pm

"Ok...Now, we move onto the topic of immigration. Governor Drumpf we'll start with you. As we we all know millions of illegal immigrants are pouring over our borders. If you were president how will you fix this problem?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse