NATION

PASSWORD

Washington (US Political RP; 2016 ; Special Events ; OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:52 pm

"I'm saying that I'm not even the one that gets to make that call. Now, I think that the thing we should be worried about is the life of the mother, and that's the way I see things, that we should protect her life, but I'm also saying that the Court made its decision, and its a lot more important to talk about the real needs of these people then some list of ethics dilemnas."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:55 pm

"Very well, next question is to you Senator Maxwell. You are currently under an ethics investigation, how can Marylanders trust you?"

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Tectonix
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:59 pm

"I've served Maryland faithfully since 1998, when I was first elected to the Baltimore City Council. Besides this new investigation, I've had no ethical violation allegations against me. The investigation itself, to my knowledge, has not released any specific allegations, and I've pledged to work and cooperate with anything the Committee wishes from me."
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.36
Senator Giovanni Galatis of the DP
Member of the Democratic Party of Galatea - For the many, not the few

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:00 pm

"Officer Dellinger, would you support a law that would restrict the use of handguns to Police and military personnel?"

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:00 pm

"Senator, you ain't never served on no city council here in Baltimore!"
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:09 pm

"The people of Maryland have made it very clear that they are in favor of increased restrictions on firearms. Handguns have also been shown to be the leading weapon of choice for those who commit gun-related homicides in this country. Restricting the avaliability of these weapons has been shown to dry up the supply, so I would not be opposed to such a ban, given the evidence at hand."
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Prolieum wrote:"Senator, you ain't never served on no city council here in Baltimore!"

"From 1998 to around 2010 I did."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:19 pm

"No, you didn't Senator. I don't know why you're lying to these fine people, but you better stop."
Male.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Tectonix wrote:
Prolieum wrote:"Senator, you ain't never served on no city council here in Baltimore!"

"From 1998 to around 2010 I did."

"Senator you have never served in the Baltimore city council, you served on the Annapolis city council. Why did you lie again?"

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Tectonix wrote:"From 1998 to around 2010 I did."

"Senator you have never served in the Baltimore city council, you served on the Annapolis city council. Why did you lie again?"

"This only goes to show how willing the Democrats are to lie to further their political careers."
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Terrelis
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:03 pm

GREEN NATIONAL CONVENTION
AUGUST 3, 2016

Kailen Murray walked onto the stage smiling and waving at the cheering crowd. This was his first public appearance since his resignation in May, and he was both eager and nervous. He was already having reservations about his speech because he had wrote it himself, and he'd never been all that good at writing these types of things.

“Good Evening my fellow Greens! I know some of you may be a little surprised to see me here tonight, especially after abruptly resigning from my post as Governor and disappearing for two months. Right now some of you may be thinking that I am a traitor for leaving my party, and some of you may think that I am cray for resigning and going on a tirade, and there are some that may think I'm just a big ole failure for doing so badly in the democratic primary; and honestly you'd all be justified in calling me any of those. However, tonight I don't stand before you as a former democrat, or a former governor, or a former presidential candidate; tonight I stand before you as a husband, a father, a brother, a son.

I stand before you as someone who though raised in a life of privilege, though that privilege was quickly taken away from parents who disowned me because my political beliefs differed from theirs. I stand before you as someone who often went days without eating in college because I couldn't afford it. I stand before you as someone who knows what its like to feel like the best option for you would be giving up. I stand before you as an educator who has seen first hand the negative effects the war on public schools has on students. I stand before you as a father who fears everyday that his sons will have to grow up in a country where they can be killed just because of the color of their skin. And in spite all of that I stand before you as a man with hope.

Hope that the youth of America will grow up in a world where they are all treated equally. Hope that every person in America will have access to quality healthcare despite their economic status. Hope that America will begin to protect its people over its pockets with trade deals that favor workers and not wall street. Hope that women will be able to earn the same as men for doing the exact same job. Hope that families will no longer be divided because they are deemed “illegal”; there is no such thing as an illegal human being we are people not property. Hope that a woman's choices with her body will no longer be dictated by someone else personal beliefs. Hope that the government will no longer simply play the game of politics but will stand up and protect the people they've been elected to serve.

I know that there is a bright future for our country. A future free of partisan politics and intolerance; a future free of lying and corrupt politicians; a future of love, acceptance, and service towards one another. There is only one way that we can secure this future and that is if each and every one you get out and start knocking on doors, starting telling your friends and coworkers about our party, and on November 8 and vote Green!

So today I don't stand before you as a politician or a party leader, I stand before you as a fellow American and a fellow Green and I say its up to us to build a brighter future for our nation! SO GREENS, LETS GET BUILDING!”

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Tectonix wrote:"From 1998 to around 2010 I did."

"A lie implies intentional deceit, which was not what I wanted to do. You are correct, I did serve on the Annapolis City Council, not the Baltimore one; I spend a lot of time in Baltimore these days, so I'm sorry for the confusion. Now, can we please return to the real issues?"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:20 pm

"Yeah right, you just plum forgot the place you worked for twelve years. That's like me sayin' I was born in England and I'm the Queen's cousin!"
Male.

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:43 pm

"Seems to me like Republicans are too busy politicizing a normal mistake to discuss the actual policies and problems facing our state."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:46 pm

"Seems to me a Democrat that the ethics committee is taken a look at is tryin' to get around explain' why he lied to everyone."
Male.

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:49 pm

"You really believe ethics has to do with mistaking the name of a city council?"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:53 pm

"I think that if you worked as a politician for twelve years in the same city, same city you were born in mind you, and you can't even remember the that you worked in that city, then you're either completely incompetent, or you didn't care much for those people at all, and I don't think either of those reflects very nicely on you Mr. Senator. I don't know if you think its better to be a liar, an incompetent, or someone who don't care nothing for the people, but you are at least one 'a those things."
Male.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:55 pm

"Alright gentlemen, next question to all of you, leading from the Green party candidate's question. What is your stance on the 2nd amendment?"

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:59 pm

"Well, I'm not gonna be the seem as quite all Republicans on this one. Now what I want to say first off is what whatshisface over here is suggesting is just foolery, banning handguns like that. I don't know if he's ever lived where its dangerous, but taken guns out o' the hands of people who really need to protect themselves and their family isn't just stupid, its downright criminal. But like I said, I'm not too much like a lot of other Republicans on this. We got a right to bear arms, but I think that some reasonable gun control is reasonable, doing checks on people to make sure that its honest folk getting the guns, and not some loon or gangbanger. But those honest folk should have that right to own a handgun, if they check out, I own one myself, and takin' that away is a load of horse---radish."
Last edited by Prolieum on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:05 pm

"Taking guns out of the hands of people who genuinely need them for protection is not my plan, nor will it. The right to bear arms is written in the Bill of Rights, regardless of how we may want it differently. Gun control measures are the way to go; banning is simply lunacy. Background checks, review process for mentally ill requestees, licenses for high-capacity firearms and more stringent tests to acquire said licenses, which I'll remind those at home that one of the questions on a test is 'TRUE or FALSE - DO always point the barrel of the gun away from your face,' would be my first step. People should be safe in the knowledge that those whom bear such deadly weaponry have a stable state of mind and won't jeopardize their life or their family's life."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:10 pm

"So, next question is to you Mr. Kingsley. What do you think about Gov. Williams and his efforts to pass the Federal Marriage Amendment?:

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:12 pm

"I think it's pretty dumb."
Male.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Prolieum wrote:"I think it's pretty dumb."

"So you do not agree with the Federal Marriage Amendment?"

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:13 pm

"No, not really."
Male.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:17 pm

"Well next question is to all of you. Is there anything your nominees could do to lose your endorsement?"

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse