NATION

PASSWORD

Rome: Iron and Rust (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hellenope
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hellenope » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:25 am

Gharin wrote:I have no idea who the Ambassadors of Cleopatra are; who are Judea's envoys?

Yes, just choose someone with an ancient Egyptian/Iudean/Greek name, and it will be fine.

Writing a post now.
Useful Excerpts:
  • Jeremiah 29:11
  • Romans 15:13
  • 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
  • Ephesians 4:32

Elepis
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:46 am

Hellenope wrote:
Gharin wrote:I have no idea who the Ambassadors of Cleopatra are; who are Judea's envoys?

Yes, just choose someone with an ancient Egyptian/Iudean/Greek name, and it will be fine.

Writing a post now.

I just look up romans and use them : p
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:07 am

Oh dear, I must tag this. May I play??
My name is Ava/Ewa I am from Poland.
我会说一点, Mowie po polsku, I speak English.
I am Polish born, American citizen, I live in China.

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:22 am

Vladivostokava wrote:Oh dear, I must tag this. May I play??

sure, make an app and Lunas will check it

I will get a post up after Hellenope, but I just realised I have RL work to do before I go away
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):

Hellenope
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hellenope » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:37 am

Elepis wrote:
Hellenope wrote:

Writing a post now.

I just look up romans and use them : p

Well, that's easy for you, because you are playing as a Roman faction....

Anyway, finished my post.
Useful Excerpts:
  • Jeremiah 29:11
  • Romans 15:13
  • 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
  • Ephesians 4:32

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:39 am

I sent this to lunas but I want to see if somone here can give me some help. :)

But I had a few questions regarding rules and the playable area that I couldn't find included in the OP.
- What is the size of the playable area?
- Is my faction limited to just the Romans?
I would like to, if possible set up a group in current age Poland or Latvia. I know the area well personally and it might be cool to play as "Barbarians".
If not then that is okay, I am a history major and Rome is one of my best areas.
And this may seem strange for me to ask this but would I be able to make a female General or Legate. I understand how terribly unorthodox that may be, but I just want an Idea for what my limits in this RP will be.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:57 am

Limits are quite simple; everyone mentioned in the OP. Anything not mentioned isn't playable.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:58 am

Lunas Legion wrote:Limits are quite simple; everyone mentioned in the OP. Anything not mentioned isn't playable.

okay

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:11 am

Britannia is open?

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:12 am

Boop de Bop. Waiting on the arrival at Massillia so I can talk to Lepidus..
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:13 am

Vladivostokava wrote:Britannia is open?

If you want to play as Lepidus

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:13 am

Albertae wrote:Boop de Bop. Waiting on the arrival at Massillia so I can talk to Lepidus..

if you date your post approtialty, you should be able to post about that now

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:17 am

Elepis wrote:
Albertae wrote:Boop de Bop. Waiting on the arrival at Massillia so I can talk to Lepidus..

Octavianus left Pannonia Superior when Julius was halfway through his Mediterranean Sea voyage. I'm assuming that Lepidus hasn't left Massillia yet and if the new guy is apping for Lepidus I'll wait for him to get accepted and then I can interact with an actual player.
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:08 am

Albertae wrote:
Elepis wrote:

Octavianus left Pannonia Superior when Julius was halfway through his Mediterranean Sea voyage. I'm assuming that Lepidus hasn't left Massillia yet and if the new guy is apping for Lepidus I'll wait for him to get accepted and then I can interact with an actual player.

People who aren't being played (or go inactive, which I'm defining as no posts here or ICly for 3 days) fall under the control of their overlord.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:21 am

Posted, suck it Caesar and Pompey :p

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:29 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
Albertae wrote:

People who aren't being played (or go inactive, which I'm defining as no posts here or ICly for 3 days) fall under the control of their overlord.

Well. Just for roll check. Im here. Just waiting on arrival at Massillia.
My Political Compass:

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alouite » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:32 am

Nation/Faction Name: The Provinces of Asia, Cilicia, Bythina et Pontus
Leader: Marc Antony
Leader Age: 40
Leader Personality/Appearance: Image
Other Characters in your faction (not named in the OP) and relevant details on them:
-Fulvia (His Wife)
-Antonia(His First Daughter, 7y/o)
-Marcus Antonius Antyllus (His Eldest Son 5y/o)
-Iullus Antonius (Second Son 3y/o)
-Legate Nikolaos Marinos (Subordinate Commander of the Greek Auxiliary Element of the 12th Legion, 27 years old)
-Legate Felix Aquilius (Subordinate Commander of the 15th Legion, 31 years old)
-Legate Lucius Murena (Subordinate Second in Command of Antony's 12th Legion, 26 years old)
-Nike Floros (A Bithnyan Mistress)
-Phiobe Spiros (A Pontic Mistress)
-Servius Strabo (Diplomat, 47 years old)
-Basilius Raptis (A Loyal Greek Soldier who serves as a bannerman in Antony's 12th Legion, 24 years old)
-Dion Spiros (A close friend of Pontic descent and a loyal agent, 29 years old)
-Aelius Purpureo (A Decius from Antony's Legion who is extremely loyal to him, 19 years old)
Brief overview of faction/nation's recent history: Antony's career in service to Caesar began with the Gallic Wars when his association with Publius Clodius Pulcher helped him open doors to greater success than otherwise would've been possible. Clodius secured Antony a position on Caesar's military staff in 54 BC, joining his conquest of Gaul. Serving under Caesar, Antony demonstrated excellent military leadership. During this time he and Caesar became good friends and his loyalty to the man was solidified. Caesar's influence secured greater political advancement for Antony. After a year of service in Gaul, Caesar dispatched Antony to Rome to formally begin his political career, receiving election as Quaestor for 52 BC as a member of the Populares faction. Assigned to assist Caesar, Antony returned to Gaul and commanded Caesar's cavalry during his victory at the Battle of Alesia against the Gallic High King Vercingetorix. After a year in office he was promoted by Caesar to Legate and given command of two legions numbering 7,500 men. After Crassus's victory in the East, Antony knew nothing but trouble could come out of the Triumvirate's three pointed balance being tipped. Crassus's sons negotiated a deal with Caesar opening up the east to Antony, whom's legions where in turn used to assist them. He took charge over the provinces of Asia Cilicia, Bythina and Pontus and has since led them well, his legion swelling in size to a total of 10,000 Legionaires with an additional 5,000 Greek Auxiliary Cavalry, he has become well loved in his provinces for instilling a unifying message to Hellenic locals and handling any minor conflicts under his control with a firm but reasonable response.
RP example: You know me
Last edited by Alouite on Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:36 am

Al is accepted as Antony.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:42 am

Alouite wrote:Nation/Faction Name: The Provinces of Asia, Cilicia, Bythina et Pontus
Leader Personality/Appearance: (Image)
Other Characters in your faction (not named in the OP) and relevant details on them:
Brief overview of faction/nation's recent history: Antony's career in service to Caesar began with the Gallic Wars when his association with Publius Clodius Pulcher helped him open doors to greater success than otherwise would've been possible. Clodius secured Antony a position on Caesar's military staff in 54 BC, joining his conquest of Gaul. Serving under Caesar, Antony demonstrated excellent military leadership. During this time he and Caesar became good friends and his loyalty to the man was solidified. Caesar's influence secured greater political advancement for Antony. After a year of service in Gaul, Caesar dispatched Antony to Rome to formally begin his political career, receiving election as Quaestor for 52 BC as a member of the Populares faction. Assigned to assist Caesar, Antony returned to Gaul and commanded Caesar's cavalry during his victory at the Battle of Alesia against the Gallic High King Vercingetorix. After a year in office he was promoted by Caesar to Legate and given command of two legions numbering 7,500 men. After Crassus's victory in the East, Antony knew nothing but trouble could come out of the Triumvirate's three pointed balance being tipped. Crassus's sons negotiated a deal with Caesar opening up the east to Antony, whom's legions where in turn used to assist them. He took charge over the provinces of Asia Cilicia, Bythina and Pontus and has since led them well, his legion swelling in size to a total of 10,000 Legionaires with an additional 5,000 Greek Auxiliary Cavalry, he has become well loved in his provinces for instilling a unifying message to Hellenic locals and handling any minor conflicts under his control with a firm but reasonable response.

Sweet! Shall we coordinate our meet up at Massillia?
My Political Compass:

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alouite » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:44 am

Albertae wrote:
Alouite wrote:Nation/Faction Name: The Provinces of Asia, Cilicia, Bythina et Pontus
Leader Personality/Appearance: (Image)

Sounds good.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:49 am

Alouite wrote:
Albertae wrote:

Sounds good.

Ok great! I'll wait for you to make the arrival post.
My Political Compass:

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:56 am

Al, for reference, there's the minor issue that Antony starts in Asia Minor, so to march to Massalia would require you to pass through Brutus' land, which he has no intention of letting you do.

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:19 am

woooo, Cassius is here

Trotza
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotza » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:19 am

Elepis wrote:woooo, Cassius is here

sorry for the delay

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:20 am

Lunas Legion wrote:Al, for reference, there's the minor issue that Antony starts in Asia Minor, so to march to Massalia would require you to pass through Brutus' land, which he has no intention of letting you do.

Minor? Really? Geez. Looks like Octavianus will be conquering Hispania mostly on his own.
My Political Compass:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse