NATION

PASSWORD

Rome: Iron and Rust (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:57 am

Elepis wrote:
Argentumurbem wrote:

Hispania actually had a lot of sliver and olive oil (which was expensive) so it is rich.

Won't I have to mien that out and actually work to get it? I mean there won't be any riches to take after conquering Hispania right?
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Elepis
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:03 am

Albertae wrote:
Elepis wrote:
Hispania actually had a lot of sliver and olive oil (which was expensive) so it is rich.

Won't I have to mien that out and actually work to get it? I mean there won't be any riches to take after conquering Hispania right?

There will be miner there already, still mining. Only the Legions have left Hispania, not everyone. And some soldiers must have stayed behind to keep peace in larger cities like Tarraco and Carthago Nova
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:30 am

Albertae wrote:
Elepis wrote:

This is a very basic representation of wealth distriburion in Rome circa 14 CE (not sure of sources, so can't vouch for it)

http://brilliantmaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Per-capita-gdp-in-roman-times-according-to-maddison-1990-ppp-dollars1.jpg

This is a slimier graph, however with some differences (eg, Africa)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/GDP_regional_Ancient_Rome.png

As you can see, Hispania, especially Baectia is wealthy (from olives mainly, but also a large amount of silver and tin)
Last edited by Elepis on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:32 am

Elepis wrote:
Albertae wrote:

This is a very basic representation of wealth distriburion in Rome circa 14 CE (not sure of sources, so can't vouch for it)

http://brilliantmaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Per-capita-gdp-in-roman-times-according-to-maddison-1990-ppp-dollars1.jpg

As you can see, Hispania, especially Baectia is wealthy (from olives mainly, but also a large amount of silver and tin)

The East is very wealthy due to spices, metals, and silk. Overall, though, it appears to simply state that places with cities are wealthy.

Except for Gaul. Gaul had multiple cities the size and quality of Rome (built mostly out of cobblestone, but with just as good infrastructure), but it was still dirt poor.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:25 am

Elepis wrote:
Albertae wrote:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/GDP_regional_Ancient_Rome.png

My lands are broke.. :) don't worry. I can make wonders happen.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Elepis wrote:

The East is very wealthy due to spices, metals, and silk. Overall, though, it appears to simply state that places with cities are wealthy.

Except for Gaul. Gaul had multiple cities the size and quality of Rome (built mostly out of cobblestone, but with just as good infrastructure), but it was still dirt poor.

Who is more broke than my lands? I govern Dalmatia, Pannonia Superior, Pannonia Inferior. Pannonia a Superior is more filled out with cities so that's my main province.
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:32 am

Albertae wrote:
Elepis wrote:

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Who is more broke than my lands? I govern Dalmatia, Pannonia Superior, Pannonia Inferior. Pannonia a Superior is more filled out with cities so that's my main province.

All poor, mostly agriculture and they were only conquered recently so they will be ravaged from war with rebellions in them as well. Cities's wouldn't have time to grow either
Last edited by Elepis on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:30 am

Elepis wrote:
Albertae wrote:

All poor, mostly agriculture and they were only conquered recently so they will be ravaged from war with rebellions in them as well. Cities's wouldn't have time to grow either

Yeah. /
My Political Compass:

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:58 am

meant to get a post up today, but will do one tomorrow instead.

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:24 pm

I have found a 4chan post written by Brutus himself.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:15 am

Cappadocia is accepted, I need more stuff on personality and more than simply 'my generals' for other characters for Antony, and can I have a link to the Clodius app?
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:17 am

South Mauristan wrote:Nation/Faction Name: Populares
Leader: Publius Clods (previously named Publius Claudius Pulcher)
Leader Age: 51
Leader Personality/Appearance:

Other Characters in your faction (not named in the OP) and relevant details on them: None
Brief overview of faction/nation's recent history: In 54BC Publius was adopted into the Furies family and changed his name. Recently he passed a law that allowed a grain dole that would benefit the poor, a key part of his policies as a senator. Also his failed attempt to dispose of political opposition has lead to increased tensions.
RP example: My first experience

@Lunas ^

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:34 am

Seems reasonable enough, Clodius is accepted.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:32 am

@South Mauristan, how do you want to array the Consular forces in Italy? I was thinking Clodius would go north we 15,000 soldiers and fortify a city on Pompey's path to Rome while Crassus would stay in Rome with 10,000 solder + 5,000 Vigilies to defend the capital.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:35 am

Elepis wrote:@South Mauristan, how do you want to array the Consular forces in Italy? I was thinking Clodius would go north we 15,000 soldiers and fortify a city on Pompey's path to Rome while Crassus would stay in Rome with 10,000 solder + 5,000 Vigilies to defend the capital.

Romanae itis domi!

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:54 am

Kisi is acceped as Parthia.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:38 am

Should I be at Massilia by now? Last post by me was at a city in Italia close to the border between Italia and Dalmatia(Illyricum).
My Political Compass:

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:11 am

Lunas Legion wrote:Kisi is acceped as Parthia.

I'm fucked

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:12 am

Albertae wrote:Should I be at Massilia by now? Last post by me was at a city in Italia close to the border between Italia and Dalmatia(Illyricum).

IDK. It has only been 15 days so you would still be in northenr Italy probably
Last edited by Elepis on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

South Mauristan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby South Mauristan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Elepis wrote:@South Mauristan, how do you want to array the Consular forces in Italy? I was thinking Clodius would go north we 15,000 soldiers and fortify a city on Pompey's path to Rome while Crassus would stay in Rome with 10,000 solder + 5,000 Vigilies to defend the capital.

Sounds like a plan. Any ideas regarding size of Pompeys force? Also, any threat from Caesar in the south?!?
Last edited by South Mauristan on Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀

Gharin
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Gharin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:49 pm

I've decided to take a guess and say he's about 32 regarding the King, with his mother being in her late forties and his brother being....I don't know, 25. I mean it takes a while for them to decide on the King, and then Cicero comments that he has 'enemies everywhere in his court'...including his mother. So I would assume he was originally quite young, and she felt he had stolen her time in the spotlight in what was already a male dominated world (remember, per Zenobia of Palmyra, we know Cleopatra is creating a sort of feminist awakening during this time period).
In addition I'm planning to have Ariobarzanes wed Arsinoe in order to take her off of Cleopatra's hands, and create an alliance between Egypt and Cappadocia. I believe their gods are similar (there might be some minor difference, as the dynasty in Cappadocia is Persian and Greek) so it shouldn't be a problem. She'll just be a rather well cared for prisoner, per the agreement. Still, at least she won't be at risk of being put to death any longer. In order to keep alterations to a minimum, we can just have the King name his brother heir.
Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47943
President-John Wallace

Vice President- Fiona Harold

Gharin
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Gharin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:48 pm

I have to make an edit:

Nation/Faction Name: Cappadocia (Client state of Rome)
Leader: Ariobarzanes III of Cappadocia
Leader Age: 32
Leader Personality/Appearance: Persian and Greek; cautious and wary.
Other Characters in your faction (not named in the OP) and relevant details on them: Athenais Philostorgos II (Athenais, princess of Pontus); Isias Philostorgos (Queen of Commagene); Prince Eusebes Philadelphos (later Ariarathes X of Cappadocia).

Entourage:

Lycomedes of Comana- High Priest of Bellona and Priest-King of Comana, under King Ariobarzanes; appointed at the behest of Julius Caesar.
Orsabaris-Princess of Pontus and wife of Lycomedes
Orodaltis- Daughter of Lycomedes and Orsabaris
Archelaus - former High Priest of Bellona and Priest-King of Comana; appointed at the behest of Pompey the Great.
Glaphyra- wife of Archelaus; mother of Archelaus Sisines and Sisines. Mistress to Marc Antony.

Brief overview of faction/nation's recent history: Holding onto a tenuous rule following the death of his father, the King has sought to keep the independence of his Kingdom during the tumult with Rome. Originally supportive of Pompey the Great, the King has thrown his support behind Caesar after realizing the error of his ways.

* Successor of his father, Ariobarzanes II Philopator
* Favorite of Cicero and the Roman Senate
*Has attempted to thwart outside influence from Rome.
*Has held the Kingdom together following the failed reign of his father.

RP example: Which would you like to see?
Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47943
President-John Wallace

Vice President- Fiona Harold

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:06 am

South Mauristan wrote:

Sounds like a plan. Any ideas regarding size of Pompeys force? Also, any threat from Caesar in the south?!?

Pompey has 30,000 approx (we don't know that thpugh) and Ceaser is coming from the north. Hopefully they will meet each other and fight

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:07 am

Gharin wrote:I have to make an edit:

Nation/Faction Name: Cappadocia (Client state of Rome)
Leader: Ariobarzanes III of Cappadocia
Leader Age: 32
Leader Personality/Appearance: Persian and Greek; cautious and wary.
Other Characters in your faction (not named in the OP) and relevant details on them: Athenais Philostorgos II (Athenais, princess of Pontus); Isias Philostorgos (Queen of Commagene); Prince Eusebes Philadelphos (later Ariarathes X of Cappadocia).

Entourage:

Lycomedes of Comana- High Priest of Bellona and Priest-King of Comana, under King Ariobarzanes; appointed at the behest of Julius Caesar.
Orsabaris-Princess of Pontus and wife of Lycomedes
Orodaltis- Daughter of Lycomedes and Orsabaris
Archelaus - former High Priest of Bellona and Priest-King of Comana; appointed at the behest of Pompey the Great.
Glaphyra- wife of Archelaus; mother of Archelaus Sisines and Sisines. Mistress to Marc Antony.

Brief overview of faction/nation's recent history: Holding onto a tenuous rule following the death of his father, the King has sought to keep the independence of his Kingdom during the tumult with Rome. Originally supportive of Pompey the Great, the King has thrown his support behind Caesar after realizing the error of his ways.

* Successor of his father, Ariobarzanes II Philopator
* Favorite of Cicero and the Roman Senate
*Has attempted to thwart outside influence from Rome.
*Has held the Kingdom together following the failed reign of his father.

RP example: Which would you like to see?

You'v been accepted already btw

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:18 am

Elepis wrote:
South Mauristan wrote:Sounds like a plan. Any ideas regarding size of Pompeys force? Also, any threat from Caesar in the south?!?

Pompey has 30,000 approx (we don't know that thpugh) and Ceaser is coming from the north. Hopefully they will meet each other and fight

If it helps during this time period the average size of a legion was 4,500 men. Pompey has 5 legions and some more cavalry, so we at least have a minimal size of 22,500 troops and some more men, a decent number would be around 25,000 men.

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:33 am

Western Pacific Territories wrote:
Elepis wrote:

If it helps during this time period the average size of a legion was 4,500 men. Pompey has 5 legions and some more cavalry, so we at least have a minimal size of 22,500 troops and some more men, a decent number would be around 25,000 men.

Didn't know how many legions Pompey had brought to Ital tho, did he leave some in Hispania? he must have or it could just revolt.

and when I said "we don't know that" I meant "we" as in Publius and Clodius

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse