NATION

PASSWORD

1870 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC][Discussion]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Deutsch-Sudafrika
Envoy

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutsch-Sudafrika » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:44 pm

No, no, no.
My sister had a NS account called the Kingdom of Courland. And my former account was called the Greater Dutch Republic. Now we've rolled together into Deutsch-Sudafrika. But we're only playing one nation, Brittany.
Old Tyrannia wrote:Those filthy Hands. They think they're so fancy with their opposable thumbs and remarkable dexterity. We will destroy them all, and usher in a new age of Foot supremacy.

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:40 pm

was I accepted(Islamic Arab Empire)?
Comically Evil Member of the Anti-Democracy League
Government: Tyrannical Feudal Despotism
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you..."
"The meek will inherit nothing..."
"Behold and despair fools"
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Nazeroth wrote:was I accepted(Islamic Arab Empire)?

Please refer to the announcement~

Also, you are on my "Oscal, you dumb dolt! Make a new map!!" list. I will get back to you as to which area you can have Islamic Empire... because what you claim is basically spelling disaster for you (I mean... could you get any worse? You are stuck between Hansa, Christendom, Rome, AND Korea... not including Israel because Israel is in same position as you). You are stuck between dangerous region filled with top Imperialists... I suggest you really relocate elsewhere ^^;;;

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:36 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:was I accepted(Islamic Arab Empire)?

Also, you are on my "Oscal, you dumb dolt! Make a new map!!" list. I will get back to you as to which area you can have Islamic Empire... because what you claim is basically spelling disaster for you (I mean... could you get any worse? You are stuck between Hansa, Christendom, Rome, AND Korea... not including Israel because Israel is in same position as you). You are stuck between dangerous region filled with top Imperialists... I suggest you really relocate elsewhere ^^;;;

okay im making a new app then
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:40 pm

Nazeroth wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:

I say make a generic app first, and finish history and regional spices later. I am leaning towards you getting Liberia or otherwise North African regions, but I am not entirely sure. If you would like, Iberian Peninsula is 80% confirmed to be empty, so you can have Andalusian Empire if you so wish.

That said, nothing is permanent until clock strikes 0000 KST tonight, so I'll keep you posted ^^

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:42 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

I say make a generic app first, and finish history and regional spices later. I am leaning towards you getting Liberia or otherwise North African regions, but I am not entirely sure. If you would like, Iberian Peninsula is 80% confirmed to be empty, so you can have Andalusian Empire if you so wish.

That said, nothing is permanent until clock strikes 0000 KST tonight, so I'll keep you posted ^^

american east coast is still open yes?

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:44 pm

Nazeroth wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:

It was never open...?

I dunno where you got that from, but don't believe in anyone besides Nova, Helghan, and myself. As for Eastern US, American Commonwealth still lives and will be participating in the RP.

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

It was never open...?

I dunno where you got that from, but don't believe in anyone besides Nova, Helghan, and myself. As for Eastern US, American Commonwealth still lives and will be participating in the RP.

ah...fuck...i wish i had a up to date map given to me...

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:50 pm

Nazeroth wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:
It was never open...?

ah...fuck...i wish i had a up to date map given to me...

[This] is almost accurate. It isn't very bad of a map to start with when it comes to blank regions. Minus Tibet and Iran and you are basically set ^^

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:56 pm

could i make an islamic empire of afghanistan/pakistan?

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:57 pm

Made edits according to Co-OP request. Hope I'm accepted. Also changed the leader names as well as the nation's official name to a set of French names / words, considering they likely wouldn't use Spanish.

The V O I D wrote:Le App, hopefully not taking anything already taken.

Full Nation Name: Le Consensus Pérou (Translated: The Peruvian Consensus)
Flag: Consensus Flag.
Majority/Official Culture: Peruvian.
Territorial Core : The golden-brown color in South America. Basically, what's left of South America and stuff.
Territorial Claim : N/A.
Capital City: Lima District / Lima, Peru.
Population: 20 Million-ish?

Government Type : Consensus Directorial Parliamentary Republic.
Government Ideology/Policies : Extremely democratic/republican, semi-isolationist, pro-diplomacy.
Government Focus : Economics/trade. The Consensus does not like the idea of being conquered or going to war.
Head of State: The Directorate Council: Director Claude Bernard, Director Constantine Bonnet, Director Dimitri Charron, Director Ferdinand D'Aramitz, and Director Gabriel Fabian. All equally powerful / all powers of head of state/head of government given to each.
Head of Government : See above.
Government Description : The government answers directly to the people. Censuses are taken by the Supreme Parliament every 5 years to determine if they have support from the people; parties and opinions/policies are adjusted to fit majority consensus. Representatives from every political party are given numbers of seats in Parliament based upon majority ruling, with minor parties having less seats than the majority party. The Directorate Council [members called 'Directors'] are all heads of state/heads of government. Candidates are selected by their party and representatives in Parliament, and then elected by the people. The Directorate Council is formed up of five people, all with equal power. The Grand Court's justices/judges are elected directly by the Parliament as well, having eleven members. This is all to ensure the government cannot be corrupt and is responding to the people's will. The Directorate, nor the Supreme Parliament, nor the Grand Court can remove any power from the people or change the constitution via amendment without consent from the people.

Majority/State Religion : None/Secular Stance.
Religious Description : N/A.

Economic Ideologies : Internally/Locally: Somewhat of a mixed economics approach. Internationally/Abroad: Laissez-faire trade economics.
Major Production: Agricultural goods, rare metals [silver, gold, etc.]
Economic Description: Somewhat self-explanatory.

Army Strength: Efficient, well-trained.
Army Weakness: Small numbers, averagely equipped.
Naval Strength: Durable, large ships.
Naval Weakness: Small arms.
Further Military Description: The Consensus would rather solve problems without war if possible.

National Goals: Achieve highest economic status possible.
National Issues: The Consensus would like to have a stronger military for defense purposes.
National Figures of Interest: N/A.
National Ambition/Aspirations: Expand military, prevent self from being conquered.

History :
  • Colony Established: The Peruvian Colony and its territories are established by France.
  • 1795: The Colony liberates itself and unifies. The Peruvian Republic is established.
  • 1820: Corruption and such in government causes the Republic to become too tyrannical. Uprisings and civil wars break out.
  • 1826: Radically liberal ideals spread throughout Peru.
  • 1832: The ideals of the Consensus are founded, as are many political parties, despite the old government having not been destroyed yet.
  • 1838: The Consensus is named to replace the Republic upon its fall.
  • 1840: After twenty years of fighting, the Republic falls. The Peruvian Consensus is established to replace it, and is set up to prevent any corruption from happening again.
  • Modern Day: The Peruvian Consensus has been flourishing economically.

Comparison Points – Political : 4.
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 2.
Comparison Points – Economy : 3.
Comparison Points – Military : 1.
Total Comparison Points used: 10/10

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:58 pm

Nazeroth wrote:could i make an islamic empire of afghanistan/pakistan?

Afghanistan is under Persian rule, although it's not quite on the map yet.

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:02 pm

perhaps i can take the territory next to south east africa(on the border of brazils colony) and make a Zulu nation?

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:03 pm

You will be stuck between Persian Empire and Saxahvall, both of whom believes expansion is the only option in surviving increasingly imperial world. If you think you can handle it... send me TG about your knowledge of the region and I'll see how you can do ^^

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Oscalantine wrote:

You will be stuck between Persian Empire and Saxahvall, both of whom believes expansion is the only option in surviving increasingly imperial world. If you think you can handle it... send me TG about your knowledge of the region and I'll see how you can do ^^

im now thinking about taking the remains of south-east asia and being the Burmese Empire

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:10 pm

If it isn't too much trouble, could you reply to my telegrams Osc?
Last edited by Elerian on Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:13 pm

Elerian wrote:If it isn't too much trouble, could you reply to my telegrams Osc?

Resend plz T~T. Russia TG bomb washed almost every TG I got last night.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Elerian wrote:If it isn't too much trouble, could you reply to my telegrams Osc?

I hope my app was good.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Oscalantine wrote:

Technically, Persia wants to play mommy to all Iranian ethnicites: Persians proper, Kurds, Ossetians, Afghans, and Tajiks. Once it has these, it feels secure enough. It's a very inwardly-focused country with ambitions set to acquire what it views as the rational extension of the Perso-Afghan union.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Oscalantine wrote:

Resent the two of them.

Deutsch-Sudafrika
Envoy

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutsch-Sudafrika » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:23 pm

Full Nation Name : United Kingdoms of Brittany and France
Majority/Official Culture : French, Breton
Territorial Core : Brittany, France, all former colonies and such.
Territorial Claim : We're good for now.
Capital City : Rennes, Kingdom of Brittany
Population : 57,000,000(including colonies)

Government Type : Unitary Constitutional Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Mostly Colonialist.
Government Focus : Focused on improving global trade and expanding the colonies inland.
Head of State : His Most Serene Majesty, Robert Philippe Louis Eugène Ferdinand of Orléans, King of Brittany, France, and all their dominions.
Head of Government : Prime Minister Marci Beaumont(remember her?)
Government Description : Think UK at the same time period.

Majority/State Religion : No state religion, but the overwhelming majority of French and Bretons are Roman Catholic(90%), while Protestantism(8%) and Celtic Religion(2%) are the other two. In the colonies, it is even more diverse, with Islam, Nativist Pantheons, and more Catholics.
Religious Description : Same as RL.

Economic Ideologies : Capitalist Free Market.
Major Production : Steel, Spices and Cash Crops from Caribbean, Wine from France. Mostly. France produces expensive edible stuff.
Economic Description : Cash Crops and Wine have made the UKBF a rich country. Many countries that possesses no Caribbean colonies(a result of France's blitz the earlier decade) rely on the UKBF for things such as Sugar, Tobacco, and Bananas. As France is an almost exclusive supplier of these, with the other majors being the Netherlands and Korea from the Spice Islands, it's made the UKBF rather wealthy.

Army Strength : 400,000 men strong. The UKBF has a policy of letting people in the colonies and at home serve in their given homeland, so soldiers have the advantage of knowing their terrain. It's also well equipped for most situations.
Army Weakness : Spread out amongst the colonies, and in some places so small its laughable, a side effect of drawing from the locals.
Naval Strength : 6,000 Crewmen. 20 Ironclads, 70 Frigates, 20 Blockade Runners, 10 Vietnamese Junks(guess where they are)
Naval Weakness : Same as the Army, spread out over the world.
Further Military Description : The Junks are from China/Korea, and are stationed in Cochin-china. Colonial troops are given the same equipment as homeland troops. So basically they all have the same stuff, but adjusted for environment. For example, colonial troops in Algeria and Senegal aren't going to where winter coats like they do in Brittany.

National Goals : Expand the overseas possessions, acquire Catalonia and Wallonia.
National Issues : OH GOD SO MANY REVOLUTIONARIES
National Figures of Interest : Queen Helene the First of Brittany and France, unifier of Brittany and France.
National Ambition/Aspirations : EXPANSION!

History : Up until 1855, same history. However, the Breton Civil War didn't end in the collapse of the Monarchy, as Queen Helene survived and beat back the Republican rebels. Her second Son, Robert Phillipe, survived the slaughter of the monarchists, and spear-headed the Monarchist push against the Republicans as a general. Afterwards, Queen Helene was told of the support of the French to the Republicans, and in anger, she funded and supplied the French Royalist Movement. In 1857, the Monarchists seized Paris, killed the President and PM, and declared the Kingdom of France re-established. Queen Helene ascended the throne shortly after, reclaiming her ancestors throne as her own. In late 1859, Queen Helen had a heart attack, and despite having access to the best medicine and doctors throughout the Kingdom, died later that night. The nation mourned, and in 1860, her son's coronation will take place in Rennes, Brittany, where he will be crowned King of Brittany and France.

Comparison Points – Political : 1
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 2
Comparison Points – Economy : 4
Comparison Points – Military : 3
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) : 10/10
Done.
Last edited by Deutsch-Sudafrika on Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Old Tyrannia wrote:Those filthy Hands. They think they're so fancy with their opposable thumbs and remarkable dexterity. We will destroy them all, and usher in a new age of Foot supremacy.

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:26 pm

Oscalantine wrote:

Da, until your TG become one with Russia. :p
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Did you just call me wicky?

Aye.

So yeah, feel free to call me that from now on.
Tracian Empire wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Basically, Stadenwick is RPing as the Russian, Orthodox version of Mormonism and Deseret.

Something in that direction, with some anti-Pope stuff hidden in since he claims to be a new Ecumenical Patriarch.

That's why I don't like heresies. They need to be burned.
Mobile posting is cancer, and i do a lot of it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:28 pm

I just realized the Peruvian Consensus' mixed economics on a domestic/local/internal scale makes absolute sense now that it's a former French colony, considering the old French were socialists / possible communards?

But I like our laissez-faire trade policy.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:31 pm

The V O I D wrote:I just realized the Peruvian Consensus' mixed economics on a domestic/local/internal scale makes absolute sense now that it's a former French colony, considering the old French were socialists / possible communards?

You do you, dude. All apps in AD are jumbled paradoxes. Few economic inconsistencies wouldn't even blip on my radar XDDD.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:33 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
The V O I D wrote:I just realized the Peruvian Consensus' mixed economics on a domestic/local/internal scale makes absolute sense now that it's a former French colony, considering the old French were socialists / possible communards?

You do you, dude. All apps in AD are jumbled paradoxes. Few economic inconsistencies wouldn't even blip on my radar XDDD.

I know, but I'm just saying. It makes sense. It's better this way.

I hope the Consensus is accepted. I like my form of democracy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse