NATION

PASSWORD

Do Join This RP Group: DJTRPG? 2.0 (New members semi-wanted)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is the best 2016 US presidential candidate? (Out of ALL of them)

Hillary Clinton
29%
Gary Johnson
15%
Jill Stein
10%
Donald Trump
40%
Tom Hoefling
No votes
Bob Whitaker
No votes
Jim Hedges
1%
Emidio Soltysik
5%
Chris Keniston
No votes

Total votes : 189

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:00 am

The Peoples East Africa wrote:
Sanabel wrote:We should pull a Canticle for Liebowitz and put the Pope in Mexico City.

YES.

This begs the question of how much time has passed since stuff went medieval and how much things have changed.

I think maybe 500 to 1000 years after the "apocalypse."
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:00 am

Western Pacific Territories wrote:
Sanabel wrote:YES CAN WE PLEASE DO THIS I JUST NUTTED

reserve this btw

Kinda out of the way don't you think.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:02 am

The Peoples East Africa wrote:
Western Pacific Territories wrote:reserve this btw

Kinda out of the way don't you think.

West of the Rockies will be practically unreachable with medieval tech.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:22 am

Sanabel wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:Kinda out of the way don't you think.

West of the Rockies will be practically unreachable with medieval tech.

Probably reachable, but it would be the Sunset lands or something equally glorified. Would be difficult to reach, and would confer massive prestige on parties that managed to make the trek
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:37 am

If we're speaking medieval tech, that means no firearms or semblance of modern technology?

Had any faunas mutated in this timeline
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:39 am

Intermountain States wrote:If we're speaking medieval tech, that means no firearms or semblance of modern technology?

Presumably. It depends on what medieval period we're playing in. Late medieval, then basic gunpowder weapons such as early cannons would be around.

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:47 am

I guess for now, the most dangerous weapon in that world would be a hail of arrows.

I like the post apocalyptic medieval RP idea and we should have a discord for it, Columbia
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:16 am

Intermountain States wrote:If we're speaking medieval tech, that means no firearms or semblance of modern technology?

I'm sure animals would have adapted to the human society's collapse to become dangerous and in greater abundance.

In terms of tech, I think we should do strictly medieval, so swords and armor and stuff. Maybe getting into late medieval.

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:20 pm

Intermountain States wrote:I guess for now, the most dangerous weapon in that world would be a hail of arrows.

I like the post apocalyptic medieval RP idea and we should have a discord for it, Columbia

Certainly, make sure to change your name to your discord name for the server nickname so I know who you are

https://discord.gg/8PsYVqb

Link added
Last edited by The Industrial States of Columbia on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:34 pm

Sanabel wrote:

I'm sure animals would have adapted to the human society's collapse to become dangerous and in greater abundance.

In terms of tech, I think we should do strictly medieval, so swords and armor and stuff. Maybe getting into late medieval.

The most deadly weapon of the time period would probably be this thing in the late medieval era.

It is a MLRS.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Sanabel wrote:I'm sure animals would have adapted to the human society's collapse to become dangerous and in greater abundance.

The most deadly weapon of the time period would probably be this thing in the late medieval era.

It is a MLRS.

Hwacha is a glorious armament
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:55 pm

-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

North Seattle Commune
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Seattle Commune » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:11 pm

its tdc here. come with me and you'll shitpost too
Toto, we aren't in The Danish Confederacy anymore.
WITH ONE PHONE CALL I WILL HAVE YOU SELLING ROTTEN BANANAS IN A KAZAKH TRAIN DEPOT!!
The dream of the 90's is alive in Portland (Portland)
Political Compass!

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:11 pm

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:08 pm

Hey guys, I know I haven’t posted here in awhile, but, wall I haven’t posted anywhere in awhile, but that’s not important. I think what I’m about to say is more important but you all can be the judge of that.

In layman’s terms, I’m taking a hiatus from NS, but I think it’s more complicated than that.

My story I guess behind all this begins back in March. You see, I’m a small town guy, I live in Kansas, so there isn’t a lot of fish in the sea, but I found the one I wanted about a year ago. We dated for approximately a year before things started to come apart, to spare you guys the details, we were incredibly different people by the end of our relationship and our personalities tended to clash, and therefore our relationship ended. It was a terrible experience for me, breaking up with my first real love and anyone who paid attention definitely noticed that my post quality and the rate I posted took a hit. But because of how stubborn I am as a person, I refused to deal with the feelings and truth of what I had done and what I felt because of it. To be brutally honest with you guys, I slept around to hide my feelings. It’s terrible to say but the act itself helped me not feel alone. But that’s not the point of what I’m trying to say here.

Because of how I acted I didn’t have to deal with the truth of losing my first real love until about October, and it hit me fucking hard when I finally came face to face with it, and I isolated myself as a result, staying up in my room all the time, avoiding friends, and by extension, avoiding writing because I hated everything I created. As a result, my DBZ rp took a hit, and recently it just died because I couldn’t stand being on there disappointing all those guys I’d helped build a story with.

But back to what I’ve been meaning to say, I think that I need to say goodbye for now. I have been struggling with depression for several years now and to be honest with you guys I’ve let it consume me because of my actions. I hope that when I come back you guys will be happy to see me, but I can’t say with any honesty when I’ll be back.

So thank you guys for all the memories, but like I said, I think I need to say goodbye for awhile, because it’ll be best for me, and because maybe it’ll be best for all of NS if I don’t bring the negativity in my life onto the board.

So goodbye guys, and I pray I’ll see you all again soon enough.
Finland SSR wrote: Sex is a form of competitive martial arts, after all.
Hate. HATE. Were I Human...
I Think I Would Die of It.

Beat it, Toots. These Streets Ain't What They Used to Be

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse