NATION

PASSWORD

Do Join This RP Group: DJTRPG? 2.0 (New members semi-wanted)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is the best 2016 US presidential candidate? (Out of ALL of them)

Hillary Clinton
29%
Gary Johnson
15%
Jill Stein
10%
Donald Trump
40%
Tom Hoefling
No votes
Bob Whitaker
No votes
Jim Hedges
1%
Emidio Soltysik
5%
Chris Keniston
No votes

Total votes : 189

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:59 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
PLESSUR wrote:
Agreed. Italy will probably see the ERE as an ally in dominating the Med together and crushing the smaller states of southern Europe, so at least for the beginning of the IC Italy will be friendly.

There might be some tensions due to religion, culture, and legitimacy, but Realpolitik comes first.

Nice *crushes western Europe*

The French might have ambitions, they're probably gonna be our major adversary. The RP looks very interesting overall because many fundamental things have changed.

All assuming everyone who appear will turn up to the IC :unsure:
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:
Veskesh wrote:Jeez if Turkey keeps having these coups they'll be kicked out of NATO and won't be able to join the EU....

The USA was in NATO when the American Civil War happened, but the Confederacy coup didn't cause it to be kicked out, did it?

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:13 am

no colonize pls italy, i am only libya

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:16 am

Western Pacific Territories wrote:no colonize pls italy, i am only libya

You could, you know, become an extremely autonomous Roman Exarchate :P
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:17 am

PLESSUR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:There might be some tensions due to religion, culture, and legitimacy, but Realpolitik comes first.

The French might have ambitions, they're probably gonna be our major adversary. The RP looks very interesting overall because many fundamental things have changed.

Rome doesn't have a major adversary yet.. but it will probably have a history of disliking Slavs and Arabs.

The problem in Roman-Italian relations is of course, going to be the general Roman belief that Italy is a barbarian state occupying rightful Roman territory xD
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:31 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
PLESSUR wrote:

Rome doesn't have a major adversary yet.. but it will probably have a history of disliking Slavs and Arabs.

The problem in Roman-Italian relations is of course, going to be the general Roman belief that Italy is a barbarian state occupying rightful Roman territory xD

True. It would be awkward for the military government in Rome that is trying to convince it's citizens of the nation's power while there still is an empire calling itself Rome. It could style itself as heir to both the WRE and the Lombards. But they will try hard to polish the 'successor to Rome' image.

A breadbasket in Africa will certainly appeal to a wannabe imperial Italy. But dw, we'd take Tunisia and Algeria from France if we do, it would both get a breadbasket and trim the French to size.
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:
Veskesh wrote:Jeez if Turkey keeps having these coups they'll be kicked out of NATO and won't be able to join the EU....

The USA was in NATO when the American Civil War happened, but the Confederacy coup didn't cause it to be kicked out, did it?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:34 am

PLESSUR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Rome doesn't have a major adversary yet.. but it will probably have a history of disliking Slavs and Arabs.

True. It would be awkward for the military government in Rome that is trying to convince it's citizens of the nation's power while there still is an empire calling itself Rome. It could style itself as heir to both the WRE and the Lombards. But they will try hard to polish the 'successor to Rome' image.

A breadbasket in Africa will certainly appeal to a wannabe imperial Italy. But dw, we'd take Tunisia and Algeria from France if we do, it would both get a breadbasket and trim the French to size.

While the Roman Empire considers itself to be, and is accepted by the most as the.. Roman Empire. They'd think that there is no need for a successor if the Empire itself has never fallen :P

While they don't exactly claim the former Western provinces, in issues of legitimacy, they believe that their Empire absorbed the West through the absorption of both imperial titles by Zeno, after the fall of the West xD

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:40 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
PLESSUR wrote:

While the Roman Empire considers itself to be, and is accepted by the most as the.. Roman Empire. They'd think that there is no need for a successor if the Empire itself has never fallen :P

While they don't exactly claim the former Western provinces, in issues of legitimacy, they believe that their Empire absorbed the West through the absorption of both imperial titles by Zeno, after the fall of the West xD

Certainly the more upset oppressed Italians get at their autocratic regime, the more the military government will ramp up the rhetoric of empire and Roman heritage to preserve themselves, the more relations with Constantinople will cool. It's essentially a time bomb on the RP unless the set up in Italy changes.

And yeah, it's all Odoacer's fault. First he ends the western empire then he hands over the title :mad:
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:43 am

PLESSUR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:While the Roman Empire considers itself to be, and is accepted by the most as the.. Roman Empire. They'd think that there is no need for a successor if the Empire itself has never fallen :P

Certainly the more upset oppressed Italians get at their autocratic regime, the more the military government will ramp up the rhetoric of empire and Roman heritage to preserve themselves, the more relations with Constantinople will cool. It's essentially a time bomb on the RP unless the set up in Italy changes.

And yeah, it's all Odoacer's fault. First he ends the western empire then he hands over the title :mad:

Good guy Odoacer :P

The Romans will probably just stay and watch - having a strong government that has survived for the past 1000 years or so is certainly helping them xD

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:15 am

What's happening?
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:36 am

Sanabel wrote:What's happening?

Various discussions

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:04 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Sanabel wrote:What's happening?

Various discussions

I'm back on NS more thanks to me getting sick.

Might jump back into Alternate Divergences. Or if this group makes another RP.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:09 am

Sanabel wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Various discussions

You could make a lit RP about the Emu War I suppose.

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:21 am

I always wondered how modern weapons of war would fare against dragons.
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:23 am

Sanabel wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Various discussions

Well, Missouri was taken, but we could always use something in Iberia or Poland xD

Intermountain States
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:26 am

San can take back Missouri. I haven't finished my app
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:30 am

Intermountain States wrote:San can take back Missouri. I haven't finished my app

We still need a few people in Europe though :P

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Post Apoc Med North America ftw
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:23 pm

The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:Post Apoc Med North America ftw

I remember plans for an RP like that. We were going to have the Mississippi as the cutoff point, and I was going to be the descendants of the Amish. Good times.

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:15 pm

The Peoples East Africa wrote:
The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:Post Apoc Med North America ftw

I remember plans for an RP like that. We were going to have the Mississippi as the cutoff point, and I was going to be the descendants of the Amish. Good times.

All of north america/ mostly the us and upper mexico would be fun

I have a province map for that
Mapa
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:36 pm

The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:I remember plans for an RP like that. We were going to have the Mississippi as the cutoff point, and I was going to be the descendants of the Amish. Good times.

Mapa

YES CAN WE PLEASE DO THIS I JUST NUTTED

Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:58 pm

Sanabel wrote:

Mapa

YES CAN WE PLEASE DO THIS I JUST NUTTED

reserve this btw

Intermountain States
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:11 pm

The Peoples East Africa wrote:I remember plans for an RP like that. We were going to have the Mississippi as the cutoff point, and I was going to be the descendants of the Amish. Good times.

Mapa

Reserve me Texas please

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Leaning towards doing a feudal kingdom on the coast of South Carolina/Georgia in the lowcountry.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:24 am

We should pull a Canticle for Liebowitz and put the Pope in Mexico City.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:32 am

Sanabel wrote:We should pull a Canticle for Liebowitz and put the Pope in Mexico City.

YES.

This begs the question of how much time has passed since stuff went medieval and how much things have changed.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse