NATION

PASSWORD

Washington (US Political RP; 2016 ; IC ; OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Uttland wrote:Johnson HQ

He tapped his foot in anger.

"It's my pleasure as well. The ad I mention, well, look it up on your own YouTube site. Aired this election. You're clearly kept out of the loop."

"One moment." She said, looking up the ad. She watched it in it's entirety. She returned to the phone appalled.

"Mr. Johnson, I don't know who approved this ad, but it was most definitely not my husband. I'll have to investigate this immediately and inform the councilman." She said sincerely.

Johnson HQ

"Thank you, Mrs. McCarver. When you do learn of who approved the ad, may I please have their info? Call back at this number. Thanks."
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:04 pm

Uttland wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
"One moment." She said, looking up the ad. She watched it in it's entirety. She returned to the phone appalled.

"Mr. Johnson, I don't know who approved this ad, but it was most definitely not my husband. I'll have to investigate this immediately and inform the councilman." She said sincerely.

Johnson HQ

"Thank you, Mrs. McCarver. When you do learn of who approved the ad, may I please have their info? Call back at this number. Thanks."

"I have my suspicions." She said, furiously scribbling something down on paper.

"I'll get back to you the moment I know anything more." She promised, getting ready to go meet her husband at City Hall.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:06 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Uttland wrote:Johnson HQ

"I have my suspicions." She said, furiously scribbling something down on paper.

"I'll get back to you the moment I know anything more." She promised, getting ready to go meet her husband at City Hall.

Johnson HQ

Thanks Mrs. McCarver. Pleasure speaking with you. Have a great day, and thanks."

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:09 pm

"The time is 7:09 Eastern, and we'd like to welcome you to TNS, here on election night, for an election that is sure to be historic."

"Three candidates, not just Republican and Democrat, but Progressive as well, fight for the Presidential nomination, and on the down-ballot three-party wars wage across the whole country."

"We'll be here bringing you live updates from each state as they come in, along with analysis and prediction as the night goes on."

"The first wave of states, Indiana and Kentucky and several states up the East Coast are now closing their polls, and we're here to bring you the results.

"We have a broad swathe of states for you-and we're officially calling the first wave. Indiana, Kentucky, Florida, South Carolina, and Virginia are all being called for Calvin Reed."

"All of these are generally either conservative states or states expected to swing Reed-but though the polls in Vermont have closed, the state is still being considered too close to call. We'll stay right on top of the polling there, and stick with us for all your election needs."
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:17 pm

Following a final speech in Denver, Bill Denver cast his ballot, marking progressive candidates all the way.
He smiled as he made his way outside, greeting thousands of supporters who had come together to watch the race with him in an open forum.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:23 pm

Florida polls were wrapping up-and the Governor made her way out of the polls, closing her little flip book of names on who to mark down for which office. It was an eclectic list, researched beforehand, and mixing parties.

And for President, of course, was a quick signature with a deft hand.

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:31 pm

7:30 Update

"Thank you for staying with us here on TNS-as polls continue to close, we'll keep on feeding the results right to you."

"Three more states-Ohio, West Virginia, and North Carolina are set to be called-and we can officially call the three states for Calvin Reed"

"News on the downballot, however. We are confirming Republican victories across the southern states, including Florida, but the election in Ohio-a three-way contest between Representative Kim, Governor Manuel, and Miss Ella Enchanted, is still Too close to call, with current polling showing Manuel holding only a slight lead over Enchanted with sixty percent of precincts reporting-but several, including Toledo, not yet called."

"Ohio was expected to be a fairly easy Republican pickup, but the unexpected collapse of former Governor Quay Manuel, and surprising rise of Progressive Ella Enchanted, suddenly turned the race competitive. Manuel has been completely absent from the campaign trail since his debate gaffes, and now may be in danger of failing to take the seat."

"We'll keep you up-to-the-minute on this nailbiter-while Vermont remains too close to call as well."

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:39 pm

Helena Locklear strode into the Voting Booth and marked Calvin Reed's name instantly, pausing a moment before erasing this choice. She instead simplified the process, marking the R on the straight ticket section and depositing her ballot. She made her way outside, taking time to connect with individual voters and convince them to vote in her favor. It was a token gesture at best, but she thought to herself that with a race this close, she needed all luck she could muster up.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Terrelis
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:43 pm

Kaiser High School
Honolulu, Hawaii
November 8, 2016

Murray sat in the car along with Zackary.

"So we already have Indiana, Illinois, Washington, and California on board. I've also set up a meeting with the DC mayor in order to run the plans by him, I'm working on setting up some meeting with a few Senators as well. We need all of the support that we can get."

"Great, what about Walton...and Denver?"

"I have yet to reach out to either of them, would you like me too."

"Just set up a meeting with her, I'll discuss it with her myself."

"Sounds good."

"Shall we."

The two began walking through the crowd of reporters and into the gymnasium. They each went to a booth and closed the curtain. For a while Murray just stood there staring down at the ballot, wishing that his name was on there but acknowledging that it would be soon enough. He voted for Walton and a host of Democratic and Progressive candidates for the downballot races. He exited his booth and shortly thereafter so did the Zackary, they got their "I Voted" stickers and left the building.
Last edited by Terrelis on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korea of the South
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Korea of the South » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:55 pm

A black SUV arrived at a local polling station in the City of Atlanta, Georgia. Senator (D) Medina stepped out of the vehicle and was greeted by a crowd of Democrats, and Republicans who were in support of her endorsement not too long ago. In between the small crowd, there were a few who were shouting "Traitor!" and "Not my Senator!" due to her abrupt party lines crossing when endorsing republican nominee, Reed. She entered the polling station with a smile while wearing her classic blue pantsuit. Shortly after entering she headed straight to the polling machine and cast her vote. Selection; Calvin Reed; Submit after casting her vote she smiled and posed for a couple of pictures. A local reporter was allowed to approach her and asked the following question.

Reporter: "So did you stay with your unorthodox endorsement, Mrs. Medina?"

Sen. Medina: "I did, I believe this election was very hard for us Democrats. We had unusual primaries and we had multiple candidates representing us, which caused many to not be able to connect with a candidate. I voted for Reed not because I doubt Democrats, but because our country is in need of a proper leader. Times like this call for people to forget about party lines and to vote for an individual who can lead. The individual for me was Calvin Reed."

Reporter: "Thank you for your comment, Sen. Medina."
H A R R I S - 2 0 2 0
W A R R E N - 2 0 2 0

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:58 pm

8:00 Update

"Eight O'clock Eastern, and polls are closing all across the country-results will be filtering in as they come.

The Ohio Senate and Vermont are still too close to call-but we now have the official numbers from early-closing states.

Indiana
Calvin Reed-71.8%
Ellen Walton-24.1%
Robert Danders-3.7%

Kentucky
Calvin Reed-74.4%
Ellen Walton-20.7%
Robert Danders-4.9%

Virginia
Calvin Reed-63.2%
Ellen Walton-33.7%
Robert Danders-2.5%

South Carolina
Calvin Reed-70.8%
Ellen Walton-27.1%
Robert Danders-2.8%

Georgia
Calvin Reed-65.2%
Ellen Walton-31.2%
Robert Danders-3.5%

Florida
Calvin Reed-60.8%
Ellen Walton-36.8%
Robert Danders-1.5%

"We have calls for the 8:00 states-but several are still too early for us to make official judgments. Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, Washington D.C., and Michigan are all too early to call. We are, however, calling remaining 8:00 states for Calvin Reed"

We are also now able to official call the race for West Virginia Governor, and call it for Republican Sheriff Augustus Sinclair. Republicans have also successfully taken the three House seats of the Congressional delegation.

"Now, if we can just put that map up on the screen."

"Right, now with the eight-o-clock states closing, so far we've seen Calvin Reed sweeping the states, but as you can see-the Northeast and the West Coast, major liberal strongholds, are yet to be called. So far the great majority of the states won by Reed, with the exception of Illinois and Maryland, have been conservative states. Vermont in particular is still too close to call-and there are chances for pickups from either Walton or Denver in those states-we'll keep you updated as the results flow in.
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:02 pm

George Washington Hospital, Washington D.C.

Donald got tired of the woman and decided to walk away from her. He was going to look for Senator Carrollton no matter how bad the kidney infection was. He went into almost every room until he found her. He do the smile and say,

"Senator Carrollton?"
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:04 pm

Meelducan wrote:

Donald got tired of the woman and decided to walk away from her. He was going to look for Senator Carrollton no matter how bad the kidney infection was. He went into almost every room until he found her. He do the smile and say,

"Senator Carrollton?"

Sen. Carrollton was unconscious, clearly doped on anesthesia, while the doctors were performing surgery. One of them looks up, turning toward Donald.

"Excuse me sir, what are doing here?"
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:06 pm

GreyMoriCry6

Grey was at a phone booth somewhere in a park, as they were dialing up Donald Johnson's number while holding another cell phone with a text to speech generator. When the phone was dialing, they waited.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:09 pm

When Alexander Breckenridge did a double take and spotted Donald Johnson go through those bright red-doors, He ran to the receptionist.

"You need a security guard in there right now, a mentally disturbed man just walked into the operating rooms." he rapidly and horrifically relayed to the woman

She promptly called the emergency security number, and soon enough, they came running into the lobby. Breckenridge described the Donald's clothing and the Security guards rushed through the doors, beginning their search,
Last edited by Vaquas on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:20 pm

"I am only here to talk. I heard she had a kidney infection!" He do the smile and wave.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:28 pm

8:30 Update

"It's 8:30, and we're calling the one closing state-Arkansas, for Calvin Reed-but now let's get back to the Northeast.

We are getting results from several states, some of them quite surprising. Let's go to the map.

"Now the real surprise here has been Rhode Island, where we've seen a competitive race surprisingly get blown open. The ballots are in-and let's take a look at the results.

Rhode Island
Calvin Reed-42.1%
Ellen Walton-29.2%
Robert Danders-28.1%

Danders is performing far above his expected polling in the state-and Walton far below. Reed's a little over forty, slightly better than expected, but Danders numbers here, his best in any state so far, have kept Walton away from a chance to claim the state-we'll have to see if he'll play spoiler again.

Now in Maine-we have called the state for Reed-but not the 1st Congressional District. Maine assigns votes by district, and the 1st is still, along with Vermont, too close to call. We should have numbers for the other states shortly.

And on the downballot we can make several calls-Mattias Kingsley has unseated Alexander Maxwell in Maryland, Governor Kuznetsov of New Hampshire has managed to retain her seat-and Thomas Mann, of Illinois has defeated Senate Minority Leader Leanne Harper in the Illinois Senate race.

Hold on-we're getting new numbers

All right-Put it up on the map

I can now officially announce that TNS is calling the state of Massachussetts for Ellen Walton. This marks the first time a third party has won a state since 1968-we'll see if she can take any more.
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:58 pm

9:00 Update

"We're seeing the map start to fill in-and starting to get back hard results as the night goes on. We've seen a solid dose of red across the map-but with three areas-Vermont, Maine's 1st District, and Washington D.C., still too close to call.

We're approaching the West Coast now, where the Progressives are expected to have a chance to pick up further states, until then, updates on the Presidential and downballot races.

Confirming a win for Republican Diane Lane in the Wisconsin Senate race, so far only the Ohio Senate election, and New Hampshire gubernatorial, have shown possible Republican downballot defeats, with House victories streaming in, including in West Virginia's delegation, the 8th Michigan District-however, the West Coast could be a more dangerous playing field for them.

Poll numbers are filtering in for the early states.

New Hampshire
Calvin Reed-54.6%
Ellen Walton-36.2%
Robert Danders-8.6%

Ohio
Calvin Reed-57.1%
Ellen Walton-28.8%
Robert Danders-13.8%

North Carolina
Calvin Reed-64.5%
Ellen Walton-29.1%
Robert Danders-5.6%

West Virginia
Calvin Reed-78.5%
Robert Danders-12.8%
Ellen Walton-8.2%

Massachusetts
Ellen Walton-49.7%
Calvin Reed-42.5%
Robert Danders-7.7%

Rhode Island
Calvin Reed-42.1%
Ellen Walton-29.2%
Robert Danders-28.1%

Connecticut
Calvin Reed-54.3%
Ellen Walton-40.1%
Robert Danders-4.8%

New Jersey
Calvin Reed-51.2%
Ellen Walton-40.5%
Robert Danders-7.8%

Pennsylvania
Calvin Reed-63.4%
Ellen Walton-31.7%
Robert Danders-4.6%

Maryland
Calvin Reed-59.3%
Ellen Walton-34.8%
Robert Danders-5.3%

Michigan
Calvin Reed-52.6%
Ellen Walton-35.5%
Robert Danders-11.3%

Delaware
Calvin Reed-55.9%
Ellen Walton-36.2%
Robert Danders-7.8%

Tennessee
Calvin Reed-74.8%
Ellen Walton-21.4%
Robert Danders-3.7%

Alabama
Calvin Reed-76.2%
Ellen Walton-18.9%
Robert Danders-4.1%

Mississippi
Calvin Reed-68.2%
Ellen Walton-27.6%
Robert Danders-3.8%

Illinois
Calvin Reed-56.7%
Robert Danders-23.1%
Ellen Walton-20.1%

Missouri
Calvin Reed-72.4%
Ellen Walton-23.8%
Robert Danders-3.4%

Kansas
Calvin Reed-74.1%
Ellen Walton-21.5%
Robert Danders-3.8%

Oklahoma
Calvin Reed-82.9%
Ellen Walton-16.1%
Robert Danders-0.9%

Texas
Calvin Reed-66.9%
Ellen Walton-31.3%
Robert Danders-2.7%

South Dakota
Calvin Reed-77.2%
Ellen Walton-16.6%
Robert Danders-6.1%

North Dakota
Calvin Reed-77.0%
Ellen Walton-17.2%
Robert Danders-5.7%

Arkansas
Calvin Reed-67.5%
Ellen Walton-23.1%
Robert Danders-9.3%

New York
Calvin Reed-55.9%
Ellen Walton-30.8%
Robert Danders-12.6%

Wisconsin
Calvin Reed-63.1%
Ellen Walton-32.2%
Robert Danders-4.2%

Minnesota

Calvin Reed-63.8%
Ellen Walton-35.2%
Robert Danders-0.9%

Louisiana
Calvin Reed-72.5%
Ellen Walton-25.2%
Robert Danders-1.9%

Nebraska
Calvin Reed-75.8%
Ellen Walton-20.5%
Robert Danders-2.8%

And from downballot races as well

New Hampshire Gubernatorial
Gov. Irina Kuznetsov-63.92%
St. Rep. Li Shang-18.9%
Mr. Jack Stephens-15.84%
Ms. Amanda Wilson-1.2%

West Virginia Gubernatorial
Shrf. Augustus Sinclair-45.8%
Rep. Elliot Adkins-34.4%
Mr. Anton Jacques-9.9%
Ms. Frani Marzollo-9.8%

Illinois Senatorial
St. Rep. Thomas Mann-36.3%
Sen. Leanne Harper-33.9%
St. Sen. Briar Rose-29.1%

Maryland Senatorial
Mr. Mattias Kingsley-48.6%
Sen. Alexander Maxwell-29.4%
St. Rep. Ronald Dillinger-21.8%
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:10 pm

Representative Yang gladly cast her vote for Calvin Reed before joining her husband to watch just how sweeping this victory would be.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:15 pm

10:00 Update

Several Western states and Iowa have now called in-but more importantly, we have an update in the east.

With all ballots counted, we can confirm that the state of Vermont has gone to Calvin Reed, by just over one-half a percentage point against Robert Danders.

Vermont
Calvin Reed-37.5
Robert Danders-36.9
Ellen Walton-25.1

Washington D.C. and Maryland are both too close to call-and we are now preparing to receive the results from the West Coast, where we will see if Walton is able to successfully capture another state-and the results of the contested Washington and California Senate races.

In Iowa, the Senate race seems to be at least reasonably close, and we don't have results-with Montana too close to call as well. All updates are posted here on TNS.

Wyoming
Calvin Reed-87.2%
Ellen Walton-9.6%
Robert Danders-2.6%

Colorado
Calvin Reed-63.8%
Ellen Walton-35.4%
Robert Danders- .7%

New Mexico
Calvin Reed-65.8%
Ellen Walton-33.1%
Robert Danders- .8%

Arizona
Calvin Reed-63.1%
Ellen Walton-29.2%
Robert Danders-7.1%

Utah Senatorial
Mr. Arnold Taylor-45.42%
Mr. Rodrigo De Soto-29.91%
Thomas Madison-18.36%
Ms. Mary Blanchard-6.36%
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:24 pm

Meelducan wrote:

"I am only here to talk. I heard she had a kidney infection!" He do the smile and wave.

The one doctor that reacted to Johnson's appearance turned to his other colleagues. "Mind if I step out for a moment to speak with him?" They all nod in unison. He takes his gloves off and puts them off to the side, walking around Gianna, and putting an arm around Donald's shoulder. "Sir, as you can see, it's a bit more serious than a 'kidney infection.' In fact, it is much more serious than that." He says, walking Donald out of the operating room. "She's currently experiencing a severe heart attack, and we're operating on her as we speak. You're welcome to wait in the lobby area, but it will be awhile before you get to see her, okay? We want this operation to be successful, and then we want for her to be well-rested too." The man felt like he had to explain things in simplistic terms to the man, who clearly thought Gianna was having a 'kidney infection' despite the obvious surgical equipment and the like in the middle of the emergency room. Meanwhile, the doctor glanced past Dr. Johnson and saw a few security guards, as called upon by the front-desk lady per request by Sen. Breckenridge, standing by, waiting for the conversation to end and to see if escorting him out would even be necessary.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:26 pm

OHIO UPDATE

In breaking-it is official. We can no confirm that, by a margin of under forty thousand votes, Ella Enchanted will be the next Senator of Ohio.

Ohio
Ms. Ella Enchanted-38.08%
Gov. Quay Manuel-37.35%
Rep. Kyouang-hwan Kim-24.34%

Miss Enchanted, a charity worker in Toledo, was considered a severe dark horse before the Ohio debate, where Quay Manuel, the fifteen-point front-runner, made several controversial comments, and several comments in reference to Egypt and other oddities that led some to believe he was having a mental breakdown. Since then the young woman has risen steadily in the polls, bolstered by national attention after an appearance on Late Night Tonight-but was not predicted to be the winner in this race. Democratic Rep. Harry Kim's significantly underperformed his polls, perhaps giving Enchanted the votes for victory.

Regardless, this makes Enchanted in the first third-party candidate since 1970 to be elected to the U.S. Senate, and the Progressive's first elected member, while Governor Manuel will have to recover from his second failure at elected office after his failed re-election bid for Governor.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:32 pm

Iowa Update

Polls for Iowa are in-and we can officially confirm that Peter Amaras will be the next Senator from Iowa.

The highly contentious race flared up today when a possible libelous ad was released by the McCarver campaign against Senator Uly Johnson, leading to Ellen Walton's condemnation.

The sudden rejection by the party's leader was seen as the attempt backfiring-but McCarver did outperform DIN estimates, with Johnson falling below the mark. Most notably, though, was Peter Amaras, expected to take a fairly significant victory, falling nearly five points from his estimates, making a much closer match-up than expected.

Iowa
Mr. Peter Amaras-35.1%
Sen. Ulysses Johnson-30.7%
Cnclmn. Darnell McCarver-24.7%
Att. Gn. Alexander Valencia-9.3%
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:36 pm

Continued Results

Presidential results from the Western states are in, as we wait for the West Coast to report.

Iowa
Calvin Reed-66.9
Ellen Walton-26.4
Robert Danders-6.4

Montana
Calvin Reed-81.1
Ellen Walton-13.3
Robert Danders-4.7

Utah
Calvin Reed-86.9
Ellen Walton-9.5
Robert Danders-2.8

Nevada
Calvin Reed-58.9%
Ellen Walton-37.2%
Robert Danders-2.8%

Idaho
Calvin Reed-90.0%
Ellen Walton-7.4%
Robert Danders-2.6%
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:46 pm

Johnson HQ, Des Moines, Iowa

In a crowded TV viewing room, as the Iowa results came in; some staffers broke into tears; some covered their face; some crossed their and leaned back with disappointment.

I'm the middle of this, Johnson stood up. He began, "Ladies, Gentlemen. We did good, even if we didn't win. We played a swell game. I have no other words to say, but everyone, be proud."

There were mild claps to that.

Johnson, with a ting of disappoint himself, turned to his manager. "Get me a phone."

And such, Johnson sat down at a table, and through his phone, typed in Amaras' number.

"Come on, pick up."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse