NATION

PASSWORD

Washington (US Political RP; 2016 ; IC ; OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Conference Room 109, American Dream HQ, Baltimore, Maryland

Reed pulled out a PDA.

"June 9th."

"So be it. Time to dash Mr. Reed. Pleasure speaking with you."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:06 pm

Baltimore Harbor Light, Baltimore, Maryland

Reed groaned, and rolled himself out of bed, grasping at the ringing phone. He recognized the ringtone.

"Wha...?"

"Governor Denisevich to talk to you, Sir. Wants a private phone conversation."

"Ugh, right. I expected him. Just stall him for a minute, standard, I gotta wake up."

"Aye-aye."

Reed stumbled into the main room, wiping sleep from his eyes. "All right, here we go."

He headed off into the corner, gripped the bar on the salmon ladder there, and ringed it up halfway, before dropping down, heart pumping.
"Senator Breckenridge? I've got him."

Traces of sleep now swept away, Reed picked up the phone, and the call clicked over.

"Governor Denisevich. Nice to finally hear from you."

Conference Room 104, American Dream HQ, Baltimore, Maryland

"Well, I'm aiming to beat his record-so we'll see if I can take a few of his other traits along with me."

Conference Room 109, American Dream HQ, Baltimore, Maryland

With you as well, Governor.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:09 pm

"Of course Mr. Reed. May I ask who is on your VP short list?
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:10 pm

Reed smirked. "You may not."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:10 pm

*Ibrahima, who was still lying on the floor, was nervous. for he was unarmed and feared that others in the room were. he was also worried that he would not receive a fair trial, or even one at all. but he cooperated, hopefully earning some brownie points*

Please dont shoot, I am unarmed. You can check me. I am Abubakar Ibrahima, who y'all are probably looking for.
Korwin-Mikke 2020
Տխերք հավակեկ բոզերա. Կոոնել կոոնելով Արաչ ենկ երտոոմ մինչեվ Բակու

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Mixed: Fascism, Anarcho Capitalism, Donald Trump
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:11 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
"You'd presume correctly, glad I could get in touch with you. Now, I'm going to be incredibly direct because I'm not one to beat around the bush on matters of importance. There are a few things I'd like to discuss if you have the time.

1. I'm not going to officially endorse you because that would look bad for your national campaign and we don't want to risk a republican loss of the heavy evangelical vote, but I want you to privately know that I support your candidacy, and your inevitable Presidency, and that I look forward to working with you in the Senate if my next proposition is wholly declined.

2. I would very much like to shamelessly suggest that I be considered for a Cabinet role, in Particular the position of Secretary of State. My knowledge of Foreign Affairs both in writing and in practice through my ambassadorship make me the ideal candidate. The inner workings of the State Department are well known to me, and I believe that my service on the Foreign Affairs committee only helps to bolster this fact. I am aware that this is a key role in any administration and that any public mention of me for any position would potentially damage the campaign, but I would not come to you over the phone with this weighty ask unless I believed it was crucial to not only to the United States, but the International Community as a whole.

3. Regardless of how you respond to my primary inquiry, I would like to make a personal one: What is your personal and honest feeling about Homosexuality? While I do not expect it to interfere with business or politics in any way, I am simply asking out of internal curiosity.

4: Were I to introduce a bill in the Senate effectively ending affirmative action in State Universities, would your campaign respond in a positive manner?

I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have as well."

Several sentences in, when it became clear that Breckenridge had no intention of stopping, Reed hurriedly put the phone on speaker, and began scribbling down everything he was saying, conscripting Aubrey into the task."

"All right then. Well, Mr. Breckenridge, no one can ever claim that you lack stamina. Let's see if I can piece together all that."

"All right, so, endorsement, all right-ah, here, Secretary of State. That's something I'll consider. I have to say, I don't know too much about you, Senator. I'd be happy to talk with you further on this, or communicate online about it, hammer out details. I don't plan on locking in my cabinet early, particularly since I may end up losing anyways-but I will certainly consider you."

"Ah, right. Yeah, I thought that would come up. I'm not going to lie to you, Senator, I think homosexuality is sinful. Not more a sin than many other things, or some mortal doom, but I think it's wrong, and I don't condone it. I'm sorry about that, and I don't love you any less as a person, but I can't deny what I believe to be true."

Anyway, affirmative action-that'd be a tricky one. I'm on the fence about this one. I don't really think it's a fair system, but I don't necessarily want to scrap it either. If the bill takes out economic affirmative action, I'm totally against it. That's something I definitely believe in."

"I think that was everything? Big list there."

"That'd be everything Mr. Reed. I'm more than happy to speak more on any of it whenever you wish, and I'm glad that you're honest. As a catholic I have heard many a position similar to yours in the halls of my own church, and I hold you in no lower regard because of it. In regards to Sct. of State, I'd be glad to outline specifics and policy positions whenever, if ever, you're prepared to hear them. I apologize, also, for my fast and possibly slurred speech. I've simply been on hold for the good part of 30 minutes. Have a wonderful evening Mr. Reed.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:12 pm

"Sorry for calling so late, but I'm a night owl. Let's cut the formalities. I'll bet every hack from here to Anchorage is lined up on their knees for you right now, Reed. I'll tell you frankly that I will not ask for a cabinet post, let alone beg for one. I trust your judgement on that. But I will remind you of my very...unique...skill set and experience. That's something I am certain you can find out, if you're truly interested. If you want me for anything at all in your administration just let me know. I'll then let you know if the feeling is mutual."
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:12 pm

Norfolk, Virginia

One of the men, a little jumpy, noticed a Black Panther turning towards him.

"GUN!"

He raised his rifle, and opened fire at the moving shape.
Last edited by Prolieum on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.

Canton Empire
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:14 pm

Prolieum wrote:

Reed smirked. "You may not."

"As I predicted." Green said smiling "Well then, may I enquire on your focus for your campaign and how you intend to institute your beliefs?"

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:20 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Norfolk, Virginia

One of the men, a little jumpy, noticed a Black Panther turning towards him.

"GUN!"

He raised his rifle, and opened fire at the moving shape.

*Ibrahima looked up and saw the body, and the man who shot him. from what he saw, the Black Panther was unarmed and seemingly harmless prior to being shot*

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE YOU CRACKER SONOFABITCH?!

*he nearly got up and punched him, but he still laid on the ground*

YOURE FUCKING AFTER ME, DONT HURT MY BROTHERS, THEYRE INNOCENT!!
Korwin-Mikke 2020
Տխերք հավակեկ բոզերա. Կոոնել կոոնելով Արաչ ենկ երտոոմ մինչեվ Բակու

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Mixed: Fascism, Anarcho Capitalism, Donald Trump
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Baltimore Harbor Light

"I have heard of your...skills, Governor. I cannot say I agree with them, but I recognize them, and I respect your call. Don't expect horse-traders to show up when the time comes. That's not a promise, by any means-but take it how you will."

"Well, by a second Spanish Inquisition, of course. How else?"

"I kid, I kid. No, my focus is going to be on things that should be common sense. You heard my speech in Nevada, perhaps? Everyone agrees that success shouldn't come from government corruption. Everyone agrees that parents should have a choice where to send their kids to school. Everyone agrees that we need to cut out the rot in Washington. I believe a winning strategy can be built there."
Male.

Canton Empire
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Baltimore Harbor Light

"I have heard of your...skills, Governor. I cannot say I agree with them, but I recognize them, and I respect your call. Don't expect horse-traders to show up when the time comes. That's not a promise, by any means-but take it how you will."

"Well, by a second Spanish Inquisition, of course. How else?"

"I kid, I kid. No, my focus is going to be on things that should be common sense. You heard my speech in Nevada, perhaps? Everyone agrees that success shouldn't come from government corruption. Everyone agrees that parents should have a choice where to send their kids to school. Everyone agrees that we need to cut out the rot in Washington. I believe a winning strategy can be built there."

"I agree. Children should be put in the places where they are most likely to succeed."

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:29 pm

"I think your point was received. If nothing else, Mr. Reed, know that I will be with you every step of the way to turn Connecticut red this year. Especially with this Beaumont clown potentially siphoning votes from the Dems. And when you take office, I'll be behind you, whether that is in a cabinet position or not."

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Norfolk, Virginia

The man panicked, until Bell's voice barked in his ear.

"Horton, grab him!"

A man leapt forward, reaching for Ibrahima's prone form-then fell backwards, blood spurting.

"Taking fire, taking fire!"

The first trooper fired off a scattered rifle burst in that direction, while Bell switched over.

"Beta, in, now."

A cloud of dust rose up as the krumpf of explosives went off, and the second team moved in, half-blind.
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:31 pm

"I appreciate that, Governor. I can't say I am confident that it will happen-but always forward to hope, eh?"
Male.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:33 pm

"If it's ever going to happen in our lifetimes, this is the year. I'm assuming you saw the clowns at tonight's circus?"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:36 pm

"I did. A bunch of northeasterners, it seems."
Male.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:38 pm

"We aren't all that bad. They just got the worst of the batch, a bunch of self righteous buffoons. But hell, you're from the same state as Conti, practically."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:45 pm

"And I think we can take the state if we can swing Baltimore toward us."
Male.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:48 pm

"That could be the death of the Democratic Party as we know it. Hopefully the GOP will take the right path forward after the Dems have had their coffin shut. Hopefully you'll handle things well. Anyway, I will leave this conversation on a high note. I dont want to cut too much into your beauty sleep- you'll need it on the trail. Look forward to meeting you in person, Reed. Have a nice night."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:48 pm

"To you as well, Governor."
Male.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:26 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Conference Room 101, American Dream HQ, Baltimore, Maryland

"You have connections in these states?"

"Come."

"I know a some people in Pennsylvania but I know a lot more in Michigan. I am also well liked in Michigan because I am from the Michiana region."

OOC: Michiana is the area close the border between Indiana and Michigan.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:28 pm

"Being from a place hardly makes voters turn out for you."
Male.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:20 pm

Prolieum wrote:

"Being from a place hardly makes voters turn out for you."

"Well that's true but I am still popular with them. Plus I am a veteran and a businessman which helps gain voters."
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:50 am

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse