NATION

PASSWORD

Washington (US Political RP; 2016 ; IC ; OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Conference Room 109, American Dream HQ, Baltimore, Maryland

Reed smiled gamely back, though a touch of discomfort struck him.

"Ah, the cabinet. A multifaceted position at that. Many kinds of work."

Foyer, American Dream HQ, Baltimore, Maryland

"Senator!" The secretary called. "Mr. Reed can see you now. Fourth door on your right."
Last edited by Prolieum on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:36 pm

Kuznetsov Rally, Newark, New Jersey

“Thank you all for having me here in this great city and this great state. When travelling the country I have gotten to meet many people from every walk of life. It is something that has been a fantastic experience. Dozens of states, thousands of families, and hearing their concerns, what they hope for for our country going forward, and what they are worried about.”

“One of the things that I heard most in the category of worry was something being ignored on the campaign trail, but an issue that is literally a matter of life and death for many people. What I am talking about right now is not some abstract construct, but the massive gun proliferation throughout the nation, and the rising murder rate across the nation. We have a gun violence epidemic, and it is an epidemic that we have not done enough to stop.

We have thousands of families in mourning constantly, and thousands of parents losing children, thirty thousand lost to gun violence every year, our neighbors, our loved ones, and our friends. I am not content to sit on the sidelines and do nothing.

The gun lobby may own Congress, but they do not own us, and the time for extremism is passed. Because I respect the Second Amendment, and I respect the right to bear arms, but the argument that the Second Amendment gives you the right to purchase fully automatic military weapons is like saying the right to religious freedom would let you practice human sacrifices on the streets.

It is dangerous, dangerous extremism that we face, that refuses to compromise on anything. The mark of a special interest is when nine in ten Americans agree on something, but nothing gets done at all. That is what is true with guns.

The Second Amendment is important, and this isn’t about hunters or sportsmen-it is about helping to cure the epidemic that is carving a bloody path through our nation, and keeping guns out of the hands of murders and terrorists.

There are three points to this plan. The first is mental health, which is otherwise known as the thing that Republicans ignore until they use it as a distraction to push their extremist agenda for full-auto military weapons. We do have a mental health problem in this country, and instead of ignoring it, we need to fix it. Part of Unicare’s plan will be covering mental health treatment, and counseling treatment for all Americans who need it, not just for major mental disorders, but helping to stop it at the source, with anxiety and depression counseling. Many times tragedies happen because people with mental illnesses are freely given deadly weapons. We need to work on both sides.

Second is something that everyone agrees on, including the NRA. In the 90s the NRA was actually in favor of background checks-but as they grow more and more extreme, now they reject them. It is absolutely ridiculous. Nine out of ten Americans see this anti-background check nonsense for what it is. Millions and millions of gun owners and Second Amendment lovers support background checks. Who could be against them? What kind of person thinks that a plan that means that lets the good people buy and makes sure that bad people doesn’t is bad? What kind of people want to continue freely giving deadly weapons to criminals and terrorists? It is hypocrisy to argue about rule of law and even support torture for terrorists, but not stop them from getting guns. Simple and easy background checks are a no-brainer, and I am not going to let the gun lobby kill them again.

Last is something that also is really a no-brainer, and that is that you don’t need an assault weapon. These are the kinds of guns that mass shooters love. I am going to be honest with you all here. A lot of Democrats like to take pictures of themselves hunting or target shooting, and play it up, try to pander. I do not do that. I will be honest and say that I do not really see the appeal in owning many kinds of rifles, semiautomatics. I have a concealed carry permit, and I own a firearm, but I just do not get the appeal. But, the great thing about America is that I understand that other people do have that, and that just because I do not really like it, does not mean that others do not. That is the sort of acceptance that we need.

But there is a difference between a hunting rifle, and an M16. There is a difference between a gun used for target shooting and one used for mass murder. Fully automatic military-style weapons that are designed for killing should not be freely available to terrorists. We are not talking about taking away guns, we are talking about stopping our streets from being filled with weapons of war. It is a no-brainer. You don’t need armor-piercing ammunition with an extended magazine and silencer for your machine gun to go hunting. The only purpose for these weapons is to kill, and it is because of them that America has more gun violence than any other country in the free world. It is common sense.

But policy is nothing without results. I am proud of what we have done in New Hampshire. We got guns off of the streets, we protected people’s rights, and we protected peoples’ safety. You do not have to fear for your life there, do not have to worry about our children, our children being shot to pieces in schools. We have the lowest murder rate in the entire nation-and I want to have that rate across the entire United States.

The gun lobby may own Congress, but they do not own us, and it is time to reject violent extremism, and pass the laws to protect our neighbors, friends, loved ones, and children, and for a President who listens to the voice and will of the people.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Eslarya
Attaché

Founded: Oct 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Eslarya » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:43 pm

Prolieum wrote:

Reed smiled gamely back, though a touch of discomfort struck him.

"Ah, the cabinet. A multifaceted position at that. Many kinds of work."

Foyer, American Dream HQ, Baltimore, Maryland

"Senator!" The secretary called. "Mr. Reed can see you now. Fourth door on your right."

"I think I'll leave you to decide my line of work. I am but just an aide in a greater movement that is this campaign."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:44 pm

"Well, frankly, Governor, I don't really know you that well. Education, transportation, labour, the environment, law-I am not quite sure what you are good at. I was hoping you could tell me."
Male.

Eslarya
Attaché

Founded: Oct 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Eslarya » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Prolieum wrote:

"Well, frankly, Governor, I don't really know you that well. Education, transportation, labour, the environment, law-I am not quite sure what you are good at. I was hoping you could tell me."

"Well, I'm not foriegn policy expert, I'll tell you that. And education...maybe. But what I am eyeing for is Secretary of the Treasury. I am the last Reagonomics out there, or at least the last one that matters."

She laughed and then, hoping to sneak it in, she spoke through her laugh.

"You know, I'm just soooo good at a lot of things, make me your VP."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:53 pm

There it is.

"I just might do that, Governor. It is good to see someone with a head for economic policy. Regardless of how all of this turns out, I am glad for your support."
Male.

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Senator Green knocks softly on Reed's conference room door.
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Anchorage Alaska

Senator Nilap walked into the hall with cheers all around. He smiled and waved as he walked onto the stage with a microphone in his hand. He switched it on.

"Hello Anchorage!" The crowd cheered. " It has been a great six years down in D.C, We have improved relations and passed new bills and the best thing is that Republican Party has been blooming!" The crowd roared with cheers. "With your help we can control the House and The Senate. That is why I am seeking re-election." The crowd start to shout 'NILAP.' " Just because we are furthest away from D.C doesn't mean we can get ignored. If you elect me I will get Alaska the best deals. I will continue the fight to stop D.C ignoring us." The crowd erupts with cheering as Senator Nilap smiles.

"This leads me to my second point, The Race to the White House. Everyone knows I don't like to endorse people but this year I will make an exception, I will be endorsing none other than Mr. Reed. I'm not doing this because he offered me a cabinet position but if you are watching this Mr Reed I'm always free on Saturdays." The Crowd and Nilap laughed. "But the reason I am endorsing him is that I believe he can move our country forward. Our current President is holding us back and if we get another Democrat as president we will be heading back in time. Now it is your turn Alaska, Do you want someone who will improve our country or do you want a person who will ruin it. Thank you everyone." Everybody cheered and clapped as Senator Nilap walked off the stage . He went and hugged his wife. "We'll be back in D.C tomorrow."
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:09 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Reed's Conference Room American Dream HQ, Baltimore, Maryland

"And that qualifies you for the task of being Vice President of the United States...how, exactly, Mr. Kiser?"

"Well for qualification I have experience in the executive branch of Government and I have been very successful in an executive role. I have greatly help the Texas economy and created more jobs which will help gain support from blue collar workers that would normally vote Democrat. Maybe even enough that you win Pennsylvania and Michigan."
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:14 pm

Conference Room 101, American Dream HQ, Baltimore, Maryland

"You have connections in these states?"

Conference Room 104, American Dream HQ, Baltimore, Maryland

"Come."
Male.

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:50 pm

Patrick residence, Michigan

Taking a few days off to meet with friends and relatives in his home state, Corey Patrick found himself in his home, watching the final Democratic debate. He had declined to publicly support a candidate previously, to avoid putting his thumb on the scale too much. Soon, however, he planned on holding a press conference making his endorsement official. There was a problem, though: he wasn't completely committed to any candidates. He appreciated Kuznetsov's dedication to the less fortunate, but found her to be a bit unhinged, and he held strong disagreements with her over ISIS and Abortion. Danders was definitely someone he could get behind, but Patrick, being considered somewhat moderate, found some of his positions too extreme. Conti was the one he agreed with most, but the fact that he would have to win with so little support in most states rubbed the Michigan Senator the wrong way.

Hopefully, this debate would help him ultimately decide. Things seemed to be going relatively fine, with Patrick agreeing strongly with the candidates on gay marriage. Yet, Kuznetsov just had to do one thing to lose not only his endorsement, but also a lot of potential voters. Yes, calling Conti a sodomist and lashing out at fellow candidates would make some people pretty upset, Patrick being one of them. Shaking his head in dissapointment, he mentally knocked Kuznetsov off of his list.
Die nasty!!111

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:59 pm

Prolieum wrote:
American Dream HQ, Baltimore, Maryland

An increasingly overworked and still underpaid intern kicked her feet against the ground, sending the chair spinning over to the ringing phone, which she snatched up in a practiced motion.

"This is Reed to Lead-how can we help you today?"

"Hello mam, this is Senator Alexander Breckenridge, I'm unable to currently meet with Mr. Reed in person so I was hoping I'd be able to speak with him over the phone. Do you believe that would be possible? I'm willing to hold if you deem it necessary."
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:03 pm

American Dream HQ, Baltimore, Maryland

"We can get you connected, Senator. Please hold a moment."

*The Battle Hymn of the Republic plays softly.*
Male.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:06 pm

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:10 pm

Democratic peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:(Image)

"Oh, dear god..." Patrick thought as he saw Williams' tweet.

Patrick's Twitter

"I don't really like to talk about Presidential candidates like this, but the things that Governor Kuznetsov said about Conti's sexual orientation were not only unhinged, but they went against just about everything America and the Democratic Party stand for. #DemDebate"

"I will, however, give her praise for caring about African-Americans, and for standing up against racial discrimination in our country. #DemDebate"
Last edited by Jovuistan on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Die nasty!!111

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:14 pm

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:19 pm

Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:(Image)

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Corey Patrick's Twitter

"This debate has been rather... enlightening. I think I've made my decision. Expect a press conference soon."
Die nasty!!111

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:44 pm

Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:06 pm

The Phoenix capital building, Phoenix, Arizona

Francis Dudley sighed as he looked outside from the building, he was expected to give a speech about economic expansion in the state and security following the various black panther attacks on the County as a whole. " A minute until you need to go out Governor Dudley, do you need anything"? A assistant said as he wrote in a notebook. "Yeah, A shot glass of Jack in my office would do fine, I always hate speaking in front of crowds like this". The assistant nodded and ran off as Francis readjusted his tie took three deep breaths and walked out of the door and towards the crowd outside. He was immediately bombarded with cheers, shouts and flashes of cameras. Francis cleared his throat and said," People of Arizona, i thank you for such a enthusiastic crowd. Anyway back to the subject at hand, as you know economic growth has been a forefront of my administration ever since you elected me two years ago and during that time i managed to improve our economy by a substantial margin compared to my predecessor but there is much to be done. So that is why i am introudcing the Prosper initiative which is desgined to incoruage private enterprise to come into Arizona by lowering corporate taxes, benefits for investors and lower regulation when it comes to exploiting arizona's mineral resources". He then said," But what is the use of encouraging prosperity when you cannot protect it, as you are aware there has been a series of attacks by the Black Panther's in the past couple months, In order to protect both our police forces and our citizens i am increasing funding for polices forces and updating our hostage and terrorism protocols should a attack come to Arizona, That is all, have a good night and stay safe".

Later in Dudley's office

"Are you sure you want to do this francis, this is going to cause quite a stir". Francis downed his jack and said," Yes, i do. This is one of the only ways i can see to get these regulations softend, how can we expect to archive energy independence when all these regulations are tying down my oil production in the states". The junior executive of Dudley oil said," Whatever you say sir, but i warn you, you cut off the oil you wake up the giant that is American Politics". A message was then sent to twitter stating

From this day forth until further notice all Dudley oil production along with sales to the United states federal government and certain areas of the country have been ceased, sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:52 pm

Senator Green strode into the conference room
"Mr. Reed, a pleasure to meet you, and may I say thank you for granting me this meeting."
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:54 pm

Schlang's Twitter:

"I cannot believe how stupid Senator Conti and Governor Kuzzy were 2nite. I won't be voting for either in the NJ primary. (Writing in myself perhaps?)"
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:09 pm

Conference Room 104, American Dream HQ, Baltimore, Maryland

"An honor to meet you as well, Senator Green. Let me thank you for coming here. I did not expect many Democrats would have the courage to take the plunge."
Male.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse