NATION

PASSWORD

Washington (US Political RP; 2016 ; IC ; OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:07 pm

"Reed's the devil, and you'll make me famous. That's what I'm getting. I don't believe either thing."

"Thing is, I do what I believe in. That's why I'm the only fool in Congress who doesn't have a party. I don't plan to sell my soul to any party. Now I'd lie if I said I wasn't considering it this year more than ever. But I'd need d*mned good reasons and you aren't giving me any.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"Reed's the devil, and you'll make me famous. That's what I'm getting. I don't believe either thing."

"Thing is, I do what I believe in. That's why I'm the only fool in Congress who doesn't have a party. I don't plan to sell my soul to any party. Now I'd lie if I said I wasn't considering it this year more than ever. But I'd need d*mned good reasons and you aren't giving me any.

"I am not saying Reed is the devil, I think he is a good man, but his policies are not going to be good for the people of Pennsylvania. I am not asking for you to join the Democratic party, I am just asking for your endorsement this year. The stakes are just too high right now with TPP being on the verge of approval, a trade deal that will ruin many communities in Pennsylvania. That is what I am trying to get at, this is bigger than me or you or even Reed, what is at stake is the last few good manufacturing jobs at Pennsylvania, no not just PA but all of the rust belt.

I am asking for you to help me fight that trade deal, I am asking you to help save the manufacturing jobs of our soldiers when they come back home , I am asking you to help me just this one time to fight back against TPP and other bad trade deals."

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:19 pm

"Mr. Danders, what is your economic philosophy?"

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"Mr. Danders, what is your economic philosophy?"

"I believe that in an economic policy with limited inequality, I believe that society should be judged on how it treats the worst off of its citizens and I believe that regulated capitalism is the best way to get the best results. But, what I do not believe in is unfettered capitalism with no regulations, and reckless trade deals like the TPP which only benefit elites and the top 1 percent. I think that we need to regulate capitalism in order to make it work for everyone. During my time as governor I did my best to try and look out for the little guys, the single moms, and those kids that got into some real trouble with the law. You should know the feeling of those kids better than anyone Senator Chandler...

The kids in my state got lucky with me rewriting the laws with the Vermont General Assembly as did you with that judge, but many kids do not get lucky and they get some bastard like Gov. Williams as their judge, with their futures ruined... Well at least I try to level the playing field for those kids and people who are less fortunate to begin with."

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:36 pm

"And when private industries can't serve like they're supposed to?"

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"And when private industries can't serve like they're supposed to?"

"Of course government needs to step in, that is what government is for filling out places that private industries cannot."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:40 pm

"Production?"

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:42 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"Production?"

"Excuse me?"

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:43 pm

"Production, should the government be in the business of making things."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:47 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"Production, should the government be in the business of making things."

"Government should take over production only during times of hardship, to ease the hardship during bad times."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:48 pm

Chandler nodded. "Our military. What's the plan?"

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:57 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Chandler nodded. "Our military. What's the plan?"

"I am not gonna lie to you, our military is in very bad shape right now especially the air force. The Air Force is flying around with an almost 50 year old plane, which costs so much to maintain, and congress in their infinite wisdom decided to cancel production of B-1B a perfectly fine replacement in this scenario, we need to start canceling wasteful things like the F-35 and actually just focus on developing projects on schedule and on budget. However, the biggest priority would be to increase VA compensation, and improve healthcare access to our vets."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:00 pm

"Based on all that, it sounds like cutting."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:10 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"Based on all that, it sounds like cutting."

"I assure you, only the wasteful projects that our generals deem have no use for will be cut, and every penny of cut spending will go straight into the VA, and nowhere else."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:11 pm

"So, we're maintaining spending, increasing on infrastructure, and health, now how do you plan to do that and keep the debt down without raising taxes?

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:15 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"So, we're maintaining spending, increasing on infrastructure, and health, now how do you plan to do that and keep the debt down without raising taxes?

"I have a plan you know?

Well first we are getting rid of the carried interest loophole, then we are going to be forcing corporations to pay tax on their offshore profits, these two are the ones that even Republicans will support, and I have even more if you want to hear them."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:17 pm

"Hit me."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:26 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"Hit me."

"Excellent

First we are going to start giving money to the IRS to actually do their jobs, which will give us large amounts of money back. Next we are going to be changing the tax code so that those making 10 million a year or more pay 50 percent in taxes, and just changing the brackets in general so that those making 500k or more pay more of their income. That should be enough to keep my plans running, apart from social security, but for that I plan to lift the cap on taxable income so that the wealthy pays the same percentage of their income into it as a bus driver."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:29 pm

"You want to pay the tax collectors with the tax dollars they collect?

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:32 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"You want to pay the tax collectors with the tax dollars they collect?

"What?

I am sorry I believe you misunderstood me, what I meant is that I would start funding the IRS to full capacity, so that they can properly do their jobs."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:34 pm

"What part of their jobs are they not doing?"

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:41 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"What part of their jobs are they not doing?"

""They are not properly funded and are not able to properly enforce the tax code, and many people especially rich bankers are getting away with tax fraud."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:03 pm

"What about miscellaneous taxes, estate, excise, sales, property, all impositions."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:05 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"What about miscellaneous taxes, estate, excise, sales, property, all impositions."

"Well we are going to increase the estate tax, because if anyone is gonna pay for anything better it be dead millionaires. But, I would be careful touching the rest of the taxes, since they would all harm the middle class and the working class, the people most likely to spend disposable income."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:08 pm

"You like death taxes?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse