NATION

PASSWORD

Washington (US Political RP; 2016 ; IC ; OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:57 am

"No."

Chandler flatly refused.

"Come on, boy, I've got a state to represent."
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:00 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"No."

Chandler flatly refused.

"Come on, boy, I've got a state to represent."

"Very well, let us get straight to business. Well as you know your bill PARAMA got flatly shot down by both sides of the aisle. What if I tell if you endorse me I will help you pass PARAMA and so much more?"

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:03 pm

"I'd say that the Congress passes PARAMA, and that you aren't running for Congress."

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"I'd say that the Congress passes PARAMA, and that you aren't running for Congress."

"Yes but, Senator you cannot be naive enough to believe that a presidential nominee or the president has no control over his party, can you?"

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

"I'm also not naive enough to think that your party has any real chance of picking up forty seats in the House"

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"I'm also not naive enough to think that your party has any real chance of picking up forty seats in the House"

"Then of course you do understand there are Republicans in the rust belt do you not? There are also Republicans against free trade as well, you have Ohio's 12 Republicans, Indiana's 7 Republicans, Pennsylvania's 13 Republians, Michigan's 9 Republicans, and more Republicans here and there who oppose free trade enough to cover for any Democratic defectors, along with the near certainty that they lose at least 5 seats in the house this year. That is more than enough to pass it in the house."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:23 pm

"I'll grant you that, Danders, but let's talk about the Senate. This bill didn't get shot down by Republicans, it got shot down by Democrats. You say you can control them. I say I doubt it. You're still a kid, Danders, from a tiny state with no legislative experience. You're almost a pariah in your own party. I don't see connections, influence, or experience. It makes me.wonder just what you can use to bring them in line."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:34 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"I'll grant you that, Danders, but let's talk about the Senate. This bill didn't get shot down by Republicans, it got shot down by Democrats. You say you can control them. I say I doubt it. You're still a kid, Danders, from a tiny state with no legislative experience. You're almost a pariah in your own party. I don't see connections, influence, or experience. It makes me.wonder just what you can use to bring them in line."

"I have legislative experience as the majority whip in the Vermont House of Representatives, but you really think the Democrats will allow their party to fracture further by voting against their presidential nominee? Let us say I get 40 Democrats to vote for PARAMA, not too many of them will vote against their presidential nominee in fear of breaking apart the party, I do not see many more voting against it. Then let us add in Senator Egazarian, and Senator Gonzalez, along with Indiana's two, Ohio's Republican, you, Wisconsin's Republican senator, the two Republicans from West Virginia, and Kentucky's 2 Republicans, and we are 51."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

The Galactic Triumvirate
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Galactic Triumvirate » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:35 pm

♔ Executive Staff- The North Pacific | The Imperial Federation
H.E Dr Claudia Everest KCAM: Permanent Representative to the World Assembly
{DEFCON: │>1<2345│ PEACE}
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:36 pm

"Good. Now find nine more. Or eleven more, really, since Indiana and West Virginia both have a Democrat, which puts your counter off."
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:43 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"Good. Now find nine more."

"Easy there are easily 9 Republican Senators who would vote for this, they have seen the signs especially after Egazarian's run, they will vote for it."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:48 pm

"Just about every Democrat and sixty Republicans sounds like a real stretch Danders, but let's say I give you the benefit of the doubt. PARAMA is very targeted. You want to do more. What more?

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"Just about every Democrat and sixty Republicans sounds like a real stretch Danders, but let's say I give you the benefit of the doubt. PARAMA is very targeted. You want to do more. What more?

"Withdraw from TPP in my first day of office. renegotiate NAFTA, and let me ask you do you want to control the commercial activities of the United States?"

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:58 pm

"Planning on offing Bill Gates and putting me in his place?"

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:00 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"Planning on offing Bill Gates and putting me in his place?"

"Ha ha ha, no Secretary of Commerce."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:05 pm

"I think I'm hardly qualified for that."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"I think I'm hardly qualified for that."

"I think you are, and you would be acceptable to both Democrats and Republicans. Think about how much you would be able to do as Secretary of Commerce, and think about how much you would be able to do with a department behind you. You would no longer be alone in fighting for the rust belt workers."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:16 pm

"You may be right, Mr. Danders. I could be a good choice for Democrats or Republicans. I think I just might go give Mr. Reed a ring right now, in fact."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:18 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"You may be right, Mr. Danders. I could be a good choice for Democrats or Republicans. I think I just might go give Mr. Reed a ring right now, in fact."

"Oh really, why do you not tear up your life's work at this point? We both know that Reed will approve TPP with other reckless trade deals, and you can say goodbye to PARAMA. Are you really going to do that? "

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

The Great Devourer of All
Minister

Founded: Dec 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:37 pm

Andrew Sloan
@AndrewSloan

"Humanity is something to be improved upon." -Nietzsche. Eugenics was viable then, and it's viable now.

#TheyWillKneel

Andrew Sloan
@AndrewSloan

Everyone on the South Side of Chicago should be required to carry an ID at all times. If you're not a terrorist, you should have nothing to hide.

#TheyWillKneel

Andrew Sloan
@AndrewSloan

Abortion should be mandatory for would-be mothers carrying disabled fetuses. I mean, is the one Stephen Hawking out of the thousands of unproductive resource drains really worth the money used to keep the disabled alive?

#TheyWillKneel

Andrew Sloan
@AndrewSloan

The media is trying to ignore me! More evidence that the failed establishment is trying to hide its open wounds. The modern lugenpresse is America's worst enemy, and should be the first to go.

#TheyWillKneel
Last edited by The Great Devourer of All on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by the Devourer 9.98 billion years ago

Pro: Jellyfish

Anti: Heretics

Yymea wrote:We would definitely be scared of what is probably the most scary nation on NS :p

Multiversal Venn-Copard wrote:Actually fairly threatening by our standards. And this time we really mean "threatening". As in, "we'll actually need to escalate significantly to match their fleets."

Valkalan wrote:10/10 Profoundly evil. Some nations conqueror others for wealth and prestige, but the Devourer consumes civilization like a cancer consuming an unfortunate host.

The Speaker wrote:Intemperate in the sea from the roof, and leg All night, and he knows lots of reads from the unseen good old man of the mountain-DESTRUCTION

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:45 pm

"My life's work, Danders, hasn't been about trade, it's been about this county. It's why I served, and why I need this cane. I see two things in this election, Danders. I see a man who actually cares about the armed forces. And I see a bunch of men and girls who can't even decide who their nominee is. I don't even know if you can win your convention, and I don't see you going any farther than that."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:06 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"My life's work, Danders, hasn't been about trade, it's been about this county. It's why I served, and why I need this cane. I see two things in this election, Danders. I see a man who actually cares about the armed forces. And I see a bunch of men and girls who can't even decide who their nominee is. I don't even know if you can win your convention, and I don't see you going any farther than that."

"Well Chandler you say you want to serve this country, and want to protect this country right? Now you are telling me you are not willing to fight for your constituents in Pennsylvania. You and I both know that your work right now means serving the constituents of Pennsylvania, and you have to be daft and blind to not see the suffering of places like Johnstown. If you truly care about the people of Pennsylvania then you would want to protect their jobs when they get home. Going to Reed means that these soldiers get no chance at the well paying manufacturing jobs, and they would be stuck with low paying soldiers. If you cared about our troops then you need to protect them overseas and when they get back home."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:16 pm

"Question. Where can I do more good? As the Secretary of Commerce under a President Reed, controlling the commerce of the nation, or as a supporter of the losing candidate?"

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:34 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:"Question. Where can I do more good? As the Secretary of Commerce under a President Reed, controlling the commerce of the nation, or as a supporter of the losing candidate?"

"You can do most good as someone who decides to fight for what he believes in, if you enlist with Reed then he will move you some place with no responsibility, of course he is not gonna protect the manufacturing jobs of the soldiers who come back, and doom them to low paying service jobs. If you believe that Reed will actually protect the remaining manufacturing jobs of the rust belt you must be deceiving yourself. If you sign on with me, you will gain nationwide prominence and even if I lose then you can become Reed's foremost critic blocking his moves in the senate with your actions inspiring your base to get mobilized, and if we win then we can protect American jobs together. Either way your constituents win."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

The Great Devourer of All
Minister

Founded: Dec 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Johnathan Taylor
Chicago

The pounding of Johnathan's heart and the wail of police sirens seemed to form some kind of cruel rhythm as the mercenary dashed through the streets like a madman, attempting to throw off the incoming police cruisers by cutting through alleys and even using the lobbies of hotels as outlets into the streets behind them. The adrenaline pounding through his body kept him sprinting, but he could feel the raw burn in his calves nonetheless. Eventually, he came up to the steps of the Science and Industry museum, stepped in, and tried his best to look calm and innocent as he speed-walked to the nearest public bathroom. Once inside, he immediately removed his jeans and hoodie, replacing the latter with a pair of basketball shorts he had shoved down his pocket earlier that morning and the former with an athletic shirt he had been wearing under his clothes. Looking for a way to conceal his pistol and old clothes, he saw a man in one of the stalls with a small duffel bag at his feet. Quickly, he swiped the bag, stuffed his things in it, and ran out of the bathroom, praying the police hadn't gotten a description of his face the entire time. As the man in the bathroom began yelling obscene phrases, Johnathan walked through the lobby, out the doors, and back onto the steps, even nodding and smiling at a police officer as he did.

Andrew Sloan

Andrew Sloan
@AndrewSloan

At the rate we're going at @StarHorizon, we plan to land people on Mars by 2030.

#GetReadyMars #Archangel

Andrew Sloan
@AndrewSloan

When I become POTUS, we will bomb Iran until the Ayatollah develops a phobia of planes. If China and Russia have anything to say about it, they can say it to our B-52s.

#TheyWillKneel #AmericanMight
Last edited by the Devourer 9.98 billion years ago

Pro: Jellyfish

Anti: Heretics

Yymea wrote:We would definitely be scared of what is probably the most scary nation on NS :p

Multiversal Venn-Copard wrote:Actually fairly threatening by our standards. And this time we really mean "threatening". As in, "we'll actually need to escalate significantly to match their fleets."

Valkalan wrote:10/10 Profoundly evil. Some nations conqueror others for wealth and prestige, but the Devourer consumes civilization like a cancer consuming an unfortunate host.

The Speaker wrote:Intemperate in the sea from the roof, and leg All night, and he knows lots of reads from the unseen good old man of the mountain-DESTRUCTION

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse