NATION

PASSWORD

After the Reckoning: Worldbuilding Thread.

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

After the Reckoning: Worldbuilding Thread.

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:02 pm

After the Reckoning

An Rp by The Thought Cafe

There was once a time when humanity thought of elves and monsters as nothing more than fantasy. That time has long since passed, now some even scoff at their previous naïve nature. It all started with the beginning of what many called the Reckoning, on June 4, 2016 at exactly 4:05 in the morning, with a massive earthquake that shook the world. This one earthquake caused many problems, knocking out power in many parts of the World, as well as causing volcanoes to erupt all over. This was not the worst of it though, this quake started to change the world; oh it wasn’t that noticeable to start, but that would change. Reports of supernatural phenomena had increased, but it was thought to be related to the stress of the quake everyone experience, we did not know how foolish out thinking was, not yet.

It only truly began only a few months after the Great Quake, Just when humanity was beginning to recover. Reports of monsters and other fantastical things started coming in, to authorities around the world, in the beginning they were dismissed, but then an event happened no one could dismiss. October 31st Halloween night, Tokyo Japan was wiped off the by several massive monsters, bearing resemblance to creatures from old monster movies. This entire event was caught on camera and broadcasted on Live Television across the world. After this similar reports would get more attention and the governments of the world started to fight back. In the beginning our weapons proved equal or superior to whatever the monsters and other beings threw at us, unfortunately this was not to last.

We had been fighting them, for a few months when Rifts suddenly started opening all over the world. We had been confident we could survive what was coming, we had so far. We didn’t expect the magic, Magic users came and were easily a match for the military, but we were still barely holding on, then the Dragons came. A Dragon could deflect tank rounds with ease, but they could be killed. It was after a massive battle was fought that Humanity realized it must change, to survive in this new world. America is one of the few places with a lot of people, due to their military many flocked there when the monsters started showing up. There was contact with other places that were able to survive in the world.

It has been two years since the Last Great Battle, and three years since the Great Quake. Nearly everyone Lives in Strongholds, megacities that dwarf cities of the same name from Before. Technology is much the same, but some of humanity has become capable of using magic, but it corrupts, as we were not meant to have such power. Many humans have become Blacksmiths and used materials from monsters to forge weapons and armor, this combine with guns enables some to combat the Monsters better. One Stronghold in particular called is Bastion, as it has endured many attacks, is particularly massive. It is built around the Remnants of Chicago, Stonework melded together with glass and steel structures.

Hello and Welcome to the After the Reckoning Worldbuilding Thread. Here is where the lore of the rp will be discussed and improved. I will provide a link to the OOC when it is up. this is not an interest thread, this is to discuss the World of After the Reckoning, if you are interested in helping good, if you are interested in the rp period please wait for the OOC.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:03 pm

Classes of monsters

1. Weakest of the creatures, though can still take some amount of small caliber fire. Examples of these are Imps, goblins and other similar things, they usually swarm enemies in large numbers.

2. These creatures are more durable than Class 1’s and if they didn’t have a weakness equal to their strength they would be higher up, older beings that are usually class 2 can be as powerful as higher classes even up to class 5’s. They sometimes posses simple magic capabilities that add to their threat. In addition to the other reasons many of these creatures can infect humans, and if the wound is not treated the human can start to show characteristics of class 2 monsters and may eventually become one. Common examples are Vampires, Werewolves, and Ghosts.

3. These possess neither the fragility of the lower classes or the power of the higher ones, what they do have is intellect. They are overwhelmingly superior when it comes to intelligence, though some are stronger than the average human. Examples are Orcs, Elves, and the like.

4. While sometumes physically weaker than even class 2’s these monsters possess frightening magical and regenerative abilities. Some can even bend the minds of men to their will. Examples of these are Doppelgangers, Succubi, and sirens.

5. These beings are usually monsterous large and equally powerful, but regardless of size, any of these can take tank or even nuclear blasts and surviving. Examples include Dragons, Ogres, and Demons.

6. Rarely seen truly monsterous beings, they are extremely large and powerful, be it raw physical strength or magical prowess. A single one of these can wipe a normal city off the map. There are no common examples as there are rarely survivors when one of these shows up.

I will eventually make an accompanying bestiary for monsters of Classes 1, 2, and 3, that will go here.

Additionally: Monsters are seemingly immune to the natural diseases here and some man made ones, that they have been exposed to. They also boast an incredible resistance to any militarized gases, though some have been shown to faze them, even it was only for a moment. We know very little about about there culture and the like, if they even have one. We have tried to negotiate in the past , but they didnt take off as they were all after we reacted to their presence with violence. Some report that they are like us just different, and some have believed it but many say those reports are lies by monster spies and cowards who no longer have the will to fight or survive.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:03 pm

Magic and how it works

When used by monsters it is powerful and seeming effortless, it is not the same with humans. When magic manifests in a human, it changes them physically in some way. Be it making them have a monstrous form or merely adding animal ears and a tail, or wings. Sometimes a Changed's true appearance is seen when they use their ability. Magic allows people to control the elements or time, (picture superpower style manipulation.) There are limits, if one uses their magical power too much, say someone who can control fire summons a small fireball or the like, little ill effects for one, but many will cause physical symptoms. A large gout of fire could cause the user to become unconscious or die even if they are unskilled. Generally large displays of magic tend to be tiring, but if one seeks to say rip someone apart with telekinesis or teleport their heart out, it would be much more difficult, and the user may perhaps even die.

Magic is fueled by mana, all beings escpecially the Changed have mana, some more than others. They can use this to cause changes, related to their ability, be it create fire from nothing, or other similar things. The Changed can utilize the mana, unlike normal humans. If one users their own mana to try to interfere in another's mana say to cause someone to spontaneously combust, they could, but the backlash would injure them severely or kill them outright. Some Changed possessors of mana, can’t use what is commonly perceived as magic, instead they have superior physical or mental attribute for example Superior speed, others can have strength that can match that of a class 5 monster. Nearly every human who lived before or was born after the Reckoning have mana, but only the Changed can use it effectively.

There are some, capable of using magic in a sense, but they don't have a great power. Despite the Lack of power Enchanters, Apothecaries, adn Alchemists often command more respect and less fear than thier more powerful counterparts. Enchanters can enchant items and people, giving them boosts, so to speak, they are integral in military support and are sought after by the richer members of Strongholds to enchant things. Apothecaries and Alchemists are similar, though apothecaries use natural ingredients combined with magic to created better version of drugs adn the like used Before. Alchemists create things using the materials from monsters to do much the same, though they can create things for offense as well. Some can even create ites that give the use control over magic, though the cost of these items are extreme, and not in the monetary sense.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:04 pm

How the World has Changed

The world After the Reckoning has changed greatly in some ways from how it was before. our culture has changed, our religions have changed technology has changed, even what jobs are important and respected have changed. These changes will be detailed below.

Religion:

Technology: Technology in the way of weaponry is much the same, though efforts to create magical technology have bore little fruit. Outside of Strongholds factories that produce weapons and ammo are rare, many are destroyed or rundown through disuse. Electricity still works though cellphones don't, and the internet isn't a thing anymore. Some of the more well off or lucky people, may have things that were sought after Before, such as game systems and the like. Radio still works on occasion, though rarely outside of Strongholds.

Cars and the like still work to an extent, electric and diesel powered vehicles are more common than others, as diesel can be easily made. They are usually only used out of Strongholds, but some can be used within by the privileged. Some warships are still used, but they are rare, Bastion has a few stationed in Lake Michigan for defense and Support.

culture:

Jobs:

-Forgotten District
By far the poorest district in Bastion, the people living within are mainly malnourished and homeless, and fight over mere feet of living space. The Factions have no interest in keeping order here, only sending down the military to collect taxes, which often leads to short, bloody revolts. While the majority lives aboveground, a sizeable chunk of Bastion’s population lives here. They do the jobs nobody else wants to do, and living in the Forgotten District is only a step above being a slave. Recently, unrest in the Forgotten District has been increasing, causing some concern among Bastion’s military circles.

-New Munich District
A very industrial focused district, New Munich is often held as an example of the working class districts. It is the richest and most loyal of the working class districts, and function as a sort of middle class in Bastion. It is positioned directly above the Forgotten District, so materials taken from the Forgotten District go directly to New Munich’s factories. Considered an absolutely vital district, New Munich is heavily guarded at all times. It is ruled by the Industrialists, a faction devoted to industry that controls, directly or indirectly most factories in New Munich.

-Cobbleshift District
The Cobbleshift District was named so because many of the poorest of the working class dwell here, causing the name to be a combination of ‘Cobbled’ and ‘Makeshift’. Many of those who live here toil away in the rest of the city, as the cramped and unstable apartments that people reside in here take up most of the district. This district is the source of much anger at the government, despite not having it as bad as the Forgotten District. Multiple rebellions have had to be put down here. The current ruling faction is the Cobbleshift Revolutionary Group, which has been kept under a close watch by the military, should talk of a new rebellion start again.

-New Tokyo District
Home to many refugees, both Japanese and not, this district is right on Lake Michigan. Most employed here are involved in the Fishing Industry in some way, and the district has gained a reputation as a very quaint and peaceful place. While not as rich as some, New Tokyo regularly competes with New Munich, and are generally well off. Do not be fooled, however; all here still remember the destruction of their homeland, and are vigilant to ensure that it never happens again. The ruling faction is the New Tokyo Pacifists, a group devoted to keeping New Tokyo’s relative peace at any cost.

-Goldhammer District
Whereas New Munich produces any items the citizens of Bastion need, the Goldhammer district produces weapons for the army. This focus on war and weapons has helped developed the mindset of the people of Goldhammer, and those who don’t become factory workers become soldiers. Although people from Goldhammer have a reputation of being contrary and rude, they are also tend to be quite loyal to the Bastion government, with many willing to die for it. It is ruled by the Patriotic Party, a group of radical ultraloyalists, who seek to root out any hint of traitors.

-New Moscow
New Moscow doesn’t have much going for it, except for one thing: They control the main exit to the outside. This close proximity to the outside world really puts things in perspective for them, and they are always watching for monsters. In fact, people from this district volunteer for the army at rates that put Goldhammer to shame. New Moscow is not particularly loyal to the Bastion Government, but they see the latest wave of monsters as a greater threat than some disagreement over government policy. The ruling party is the Vigilant Guards, who are increasingly concerned by recent increasing monster attacks, and are calling for more troops to be stationed at the gate.

-Card District
Often referred to as the world’s largest gambling den, the Card District seems, at first glance, a joyful festival of card games and gambling. However, those who spend longer here and get to know its people realize that crime runs rampant here, despite all attempts to stamp it out, and many businesses here belong to the crime families: The Contorno Family, the Bagarella Family, the Provenzano Family, and the Buscetta Family. The Faction controlling the district, the Prosperity Party, has severe criminal ties, making the job of the government that much harder. Despite all that, the families have and do cooperate with the government to fend off monster attacks, effectively keeping the Card District both safe and dangerous at the same time.

-Academia District
The Academia District is a center of learning in Bastion. Situated next to Lake Michigan and New Tokyo, much of the district is taken up by schools and the single, prestigious university. In addition to being Bastion’s education system, it is here where changed learn to use magic. This gives it a vital role in Bastion, and it is heavily guarded at all times. Academia is also the source of much discontent against the government, mainly due to widespread fear and hatred of the changed. The ruling faction of the Academia District is the Enlightenment Party, who are devoted to increasing Bastion’s understanding of mana, magic, and the changed, and spreading education throughout Bastion.

-New Paris District
New Paris is the gateway to the upper class of Bastion; while not as rich as the other inner districts, they are most certainly the cultural center of Bastion, and people from all over the city mix here. As a result, despite the increase in income brought by the traffic, the district can’t seem to make up its mind, and arguments and even homicides are more prevalent here than any other inner district. Despite seemingly having a huge population, most people seen in New Paris are simply passing through, with a surprisingly low permanent population. The ruling faction is United Liberty, but it will likely fall from power soon, like all Factions in New Paris.

-Blossom District
Often seen as the epitome of the inner districts, people in the Blossom District are often seen laughing without a care, and acting as if there simply is no trouble in Bastion. While some appreciate this carefree nature, for most, it only exacerbates tensions between the Inner City and Outer City of Bastion. Many popular celebrities and heroes live in the Blossom District. It is also home to almost all the religious buildings in Bastion. The ruling Faction of the Blossom district is Pax Antemurale, or Peace Bastion, a group devoted to keeping the status quo.

-Garden District
The third inner district, the Garden District is home to the rich Businessmen and CEOs of Bastion. While their businesses almost certainly operate elsewhere in Bastion, they live here, in impressive mansions made in several different architectural styles. This is where the economic heart of Bastion lies and great influence in the entire city is exerted here. However, the people here are also blamed for many of Bastion’s problems, and are the subject of much anger in the Outer City. The ruling Faction of the Garden District is the Economic Party, who are devoted to not only keeping but expanding the influence of the Garden District over the rest of the city.

-Central District
The final and smallest district, few people live here. Instead, this is where the government makes its home. The tallest skyscrapers are found here, serving as the workplace to many government workers and officials, providing them with a view over the rest of Bastion. It is the most heavily guarded district of all, for if it falls to the monsters, all of Bastion falls.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:44 am, edited 5 times in total.

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:11 pm

So, what do you need? This seems like a solid concept. Where the cities are? What creatures come through? Sandbox or plot based? Any cultural significances like a birth of new religions or lack thereof?
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:14 pm

Aidannadia wrote:So, what do you need? This seems like a solid concept. Where the cities are? What creatures come through? Sandbox or plot based? Any cultural significances like a birth of new religions or lack thereof?

Where the Strongholds are yes, new religions and the change in culture mainly, though this thread where be will we will discuss the lore and add changes to it and the like.

Ghondra
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:21 pm

#Totallynotatag
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

Cackle
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cackle » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:23 pm

Alright, what do you need help with?
Call me Jord.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:26 pm

Cackle wrote:Alright, what do you need help with?

How culture has changed, the location of the other strongholds, possibly how religion has changed as well. Aghrabhia should be doing the division of Bastion adn any criminal groups, but wew may need a back up.

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:26 pm

Monsters from a fantasy world fighting against ballistic missiles, Mikoyans or Kalashnikovs? It's gonna end like Gate with nihilism and cynicism as the dominant thought due to the apocalyptic development.

Cackle
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cackle » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:28 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Cackle wrote:Alright, what do you need help with?

How culture has changed, the location of the other strongholds, possibly how religion has changed as well. Aghrabhia should be doing the division of Bastion adn any criminal groups, but wew may need a back up.

Well, regions most affected by monsters, such as Japan, have probably become more warlike, for one.
Call me Jord.

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:29 pm

Well, how big are these cities and how many are there? I would assume that the Bos-Wash Corridor would be at least one unless it was a very heavily razed area. Maybe something on the West coast too, and obviously various others around the world, but for the purpose of character interaction it would probably be best to keep it to one city within the roleplay itself to keep everyone near-ish to each other.

EDIT: Looking again, looks like Bastion might be the best one to keep it towards plenty of intrigue.

Now, food would be a big issue. Farming communities would have to be developed outside the city unless you think it was possible for someone to be forward thinking enough to build vertical farms in the cities among the former skyscrapers.
Last edited by Aidannadia on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:32 pm

Cuprum wrote:Monsters from a fantasy world fighting against ballistic missiles, Mikoyans or Kalashnikovs? It's gonna end like Gate with nihilism and cynicism as the dominant thought due to the apocalyptic development.

I have both read and watched Gate, but in gate, dragons can't tank nukes like a boss, hell that one could barely take a missile and it lost and arm. There are similarities, but shouldnt be many.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Tagarooni. You mention that Japan was attacked by Kaiju-like monsters. Does the culture of a region influence what kind of monsters attack it?
Signatures are so 2014.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:39 pm

Utceforp wrote:Tagarooni. You mention that Japan was attacked by Kaiju-like monsters. Does the culture of a region influence what kind of monsters attack it?

no.

Aidannadia wrote:Well, how big are these cities and how many are there? I would assume that the Bos-Wash Corridor would be at least one unless it was a very heavily razed area. Maybe something on the West coast too, and obviously various others around the world, but for the purpose of character interaction it would probably be best to keep it to one city within the roleplay itself to keep everyone near-ish to each other.

EDIT: Looking again, looks like Bastion might be the best one to keep it towards plenty of intrigue.

Now, food would be a big issue. Farming communities would have to be developed outside the city unless you think it was possible for someone to be forward thinking enough to build vertical farms in the cities among the former skyscrapers.

Each Stronghold is atleast the Size of NYC, Bastion is bigger.

Most coastal area were abandoned out of fear of Class 6 monsters attacking, like at Tokyo. And that might happen with the farming, but some wealthy may/will still live in sky scrapers, while other similar buildings hold turrets adn the like, on the roofs.

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:51 pm

Are there sentient beings coming out of the rifts? Like elves for example? Are all of those that come malicious?

What is the government like in Bastion? In highly stressful environments like this, autocracies thrive. Maybe a very powerful group or individual which centralizes most of the government duties? If Bastion really is to survive something like this, it can hardly be a rampaging hellscape, even if it is a gritty setting.

Maybe efforts are being made to expand downwards into the earth to increase defensibility? Subways, connected basements, maybe some more habitable sewers.

How connected are these Mega cities? Do trade caravans move between them?

Cackle
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cackle » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:57 pm

Aidannadia wrote:Are there sentient beings coming out of the rifts? Like elves for example? Are all of those that come malicious?

What is the government like in Bastion? In highly stressful environments like this, autocracies thrive. Maybe a very powerful group or individual which centralizes most of the government duties? If Bastion really is to survive something like this, it can hardly be a rampaging hellscape, even if it is a gritty setting.

Maybe efforts are being made to expand downwards into the earth to increase defensibility? Subways, connected basements, maybe some more habitable sewers.

Perhaps the way Bastion and cities like it work is that the richest live at the top of the skyscrapers, while the poorest live in cramped quarters underground.
Call me Jord.

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:59 pm

Cackle wrote:Perhaps the way Bastion and cities like it work is that the richest live at the top of the skyscrapers, while the poorest live in cramped quarters underground.

All Futurama-esque, eh? I dig it.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Aidannadia wrote:Are there sentient beings coming out of the rifts? Like elves for example? Are all of those that come malicious?

On occasion, merchant caravans will travel between them though they are heavily guarded and rare, also radio contact is a thing, though the Mana now in the air interferes often with signals.

All monsters especially class 2's and up have some degree of sentience, but they attack humanity due to reasons unknown to us, (they will be revealed later) Many think they are just mindless malicious beings, adn treat them accordingly, Though more important people know different. i was thinking one person rules publicly enforcing through military rule, if need be, Generally unless you cross one of the more powerful groups you can get by, but thinks tend to be different in part for each section.

As for underneath some of it is where many of the poorer and shady live.

Cackle wrote:

Perhaps the way Bastion and cities like it work is that the richest live at the top of the skyscrapers, while the poorest live in cramped quarters underground.

Something like this, but imagine the city is divided into rings or the like, the closer the the sky scrapers the better the living conditions. Though the Slum areas are safer from monster attacks (due to heavy Soldier presence near the outer area of the Stronghold), they often fight amongst themselves on occasion.

If anyone has good ideas, just type it up and post it, though keep in mind the way i do Bastion may be different as i have someone else working on it, but it is always good to have back up plans.

Cackle
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cackle » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Shadowwell wrote:

On occasion, merchant caravans will travel between them though they are heavily guarded and rare, also radio contact is a thing, though the Mana now in the air interferes often with signals.

All monsters especially class 2's and up have some degree of sentience, but they attack humanity due to reasons unknown to us, (they will be revealed later) Many think they are just mindless malicious beings, adn treat them accordingly, Though more important people know different. i was thinking one person rules publicly enforcing through military rule, if need be, Generally unless you cross one of the more powerful groups you can get by, but thinks tend to be different in part for each section.

Cackle wrote:Perhaps the way Bastion and cities like it work is that the richest live at the top of the skyscrapers, while the poorest live in cramped quarters underground.

Something like this, but imagine the city is divided into rings or the like, the closer the the sky scrapers the better the living conditions. Though the Slum areas are safer from monster attacks (due to heavy Soldier presence near the outer area of the Stronghold), they often fight amongst themselves on occasion.

If anyone has good ideas, just type it up and post it, though keep in mind the way i do Bastion may be different as i have someone else working on it, but it is always good to have back up plans.

Perhaps each ring of the city is dominated by a political faction, who are always squabbling among themselves, but they are all ruled over by a single, military ruler, who is also the only person who can get them to work together for more than 5 seconds.

Aidannadia wrote:

All Futurama-esque, eh? I dig it.

Well, I got the idea from Attack on Titan, but now that you mention it, the mutants were very much Futurama's poor.
Call me Jord.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Cackle wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:On occasion, merchant caravans will travel between them though they are heavily guarded and rare, also radio contact is a thing, though the Mana now in the air interferes often with signals.

Perhaps each ring of the city is dominated by a political faction, who are always squabbling among themselves, but they are all ruled over by a single, military ruler, who is also the only person who can get them to work together for more than 5 seconds.

Aidannadia wrote:All Futurama-esque, eh? I dig it.

Well, I got the idea from Attack on Titan, but now that you mention it, the mutants were very much Futurama's poor.

That is what i was thinking, perhaps when Aghra gets back to me we can fuse the ideas we have to make them work.

Cackle
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cackle » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:11 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Cackle wrote:Perhaps each ring of the city is dominated by a political faction, who are always squabbling among themselves, but they are all ruled over by a single, military ruler, who is also the only person who can get them to work together for more than 5 seconds.

That is what i was thinking, perhaps when Aghra gets back to me we can fuse the ideas we have to make them work.

Perhaps the impoverished, homeless, and starving live below ground, but once you get above ground it doesn't get much better. Aboveground, the working class live in the outer rims, but the farther in you get, the richer you get, and the more influential you get. The people belowground, however, function as sort of a Untouchables caste; they're so broke that the working class community doesn't want them.
Call me Jord.

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Cuprum wrote:Monsters from a fantasy world fighting against ballistic missiles, Mikoyans or Kalashnikovs? It's gonna end like Gate with nihilism and cynicism as the dominant thought due to the apocalyptic development.

I have both read and watched Gate, but in gate, dragons can't tank nukes like a boss, hell that one could barely take a missile and it lost and arm. There are similarities, but shouldnt be many.

Missile coming from a group of fighters (F-35 Lightning II) can easily annihilate a dragon.

Elves usually have reproduction problems.

How this invaders will react to virus and environment, in the world wars film the invaders were defeated by common disease virus.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Cuprum wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Missile coming from a group of fighters (F-35 Lightning II) can easily annihilate a dragon.

How this invaders will react to virus and environment, in the world wars film the invaders were defeated by common disease virus.

The missiles in Gate, came from a launcher, adn the later feat was against small baby dragons, and this is not the world of Gate. Monsters are seemingly immune to disease and gases and the like, and we do not know about the reproductive habit of the monsters, as we have been too busy surviving.

Jord, could you type up a rundown of the disticts and the like, just in case Aghra doesnt get back to me.

Cackle
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cackle » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:32 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Cuprum wrote:

The missiles in Gate, came from a launcher, adn the later feat was against small baby dragons, and this is not the world of Gate. Monsters are seemingly immune to disease and gases and the like, and we do not know about the reproductive habit of the monsters, as we have been too busy surviving.

Jord, could you type up a rundown of the disticts and the like, just in case Aghra doesnt get back to me.

Not a problem. Give me a couple days, and it shall be done. Unless you just want the short summary version.
Call me Jord.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse