NATION

PASSWORD

Thought Cafe - An RP Group [ALWAYS OPEN l ALL RPs l Casual]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best Trek Series

Original
6%
TNG
22%
DS9
17%
VOY
No votes
I prefer Star Wars
56%

Total votes : 36

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Duestchstien wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:I used to like DC better but then I started looking into the Marvel universe. Now I like both.

Marvel has done a lot of original things so what characters specifically are you talking about?

I find that DC only RPs are less likely to take off. :(

Dead pool is a copy of DeathStroke, Mr. Fantastic is a copy of Elongated Man, the Nova Core is a copy of the Green Lantern Core, Spider-Man is a copy of Black Spider, Black Cat is a copy of Cat woman, The Man thing is a copy of the Swamp Thing, Ultron is a copy of Brainiac, this list goes on.

there was a DC rp, set in Gotham, it was awesome, i played Solomon Grundy, brought to gotham by the Penguin to ensure his success in becoming Mayor and a OC nephew of the Shade.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:58 pm

Duestchstien wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:I used to like DC better but then I started looking into the Marvel universe. Now I like both.

Marvel has done a lot of original things so what characters specifically are you talking about?

I find that DC only RPs are less likely to take off. :(

Dead pool is a copy of DeathStroke, Mr. Fantastic is a copy of Elongated Man, the Nova Core is a copy of the Green Lantern Core, Spider-Man is a copy of Black Spider, Black Cat is a copy of Cat woman, The Man thing is a copy of the Swamp Thing, Ultron is a copy of Brainiac, this list goes on.

A lot of that is superficial. Deadpool is something of a parody of Deathstroke. Even the name is a joke. You do the Deathstroke in the Deadpool. Their characters are completely different.

Mr Fantastic may have similar powers but keep in mind that DC didn't come up with the stretchy hero. Their characters are also very different.

Black Spider came out after Spider-Man.

Ultron is pretty different from Braniac given that Brainiac is often an alien and Ultron doesn't want to put cities in bottles.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:04 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Duestchstien wrote:

A lot of that is superficial. Deadpool is something of a parody of Deathstroke. Even the name is a joke. You do the Deathstroke in the Deadpool. Their characters are completely different.

Mr Fantastic may have similar powers but keep in mind that DC didn't come up with the stretchy hero. Their characters are also very different.

Ultron is pretty different from Braniac given that Brainiac is often an alien and Ultron doesn't want to put cities in bottles.

The creator of Deadpool said when he creat d it he was attempting to draw DeathStroke but couldn't so he gave him a new name and a new look but the same powers.

Braniac is often depicted as a very smart AI, that keeps tricking people into building it better bodies.

Not to mention Iron Man is a complete copy of S.T.R.I.P.E. (A marine who was put in a program by the government where he pilots different metal suits)

Elongated man came out in 1954 and was the first ever hero to exibit Strechy Powers.
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:37 pm

Duestchstien wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:A lot of that is superficial. Deadpool is something of a parody of Deathstroke. Even the name is a joke. You do the Deathstroke in the Deadpool. Their characters are completely different.

The creator of Deadpool said when he creat d it he was attempting to draw DeathStroke but couldn't so he gave him a new name and a new look but the same powers.

Braniac is often depicted as a very smart AI, that keeps tricking people into building it better bodies.

Not to mention Iron Man is a complete copy of S.T.R.I.P.E. (A marine who was put in a program by the government where he pilots different metal suits)

Elongated man came out in 1954 and was the first ever hero to exibit Strechy Powers.

Plastic Man came out in 1941 and he wasn't a DC character back then.

Deadpool and Deathstroke have the same powers? You might want to read more Deadpool.

Ultron doesn't really need other people for his bodies and again he's not an alien.

Iron Man and S.T.R.I.P.E may seem similar but Iron Man's background was rather unique so I doubt he was really modeled after him. Also the idea of a guy in powered armor has been done a lot.

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:51 pm

And finally I touch the computer again, praise the gods!

Did we just get featured on Chronicle? Yeaaaaaaah! Congratulation to all of us for being relevant! :clap:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Did you just call me wicky?

Aye.

So yeah, feel free to call me that from now on.
Tracian Empire wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Basically, Stadenwick is RPing as the Russian, Orthodox version of Mormonism and Deseret.

Something in that direction, with some anti-Pope stuff hidden in since he claims to be a new Ecumenical Patriarch.

That's why I don't like heresies. They need to be burned.
Mobile posting is cancer, and i do a lot of it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

For you Onty

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:18 pm

This is here fo Onty, to check out, see how i am doing so far.

Bestiary Overview

While each section does list the general appearance and the like of each monster, they are not set in stone. Some monsters can have rare variations, some Dragons have wings, same as some centaurs have horns or antlers instead of just being half man half horse. Most of the beings below are from Greek Mythology, though they are common throughout both Roman and Greek myth, just with different names. Additionally, while many monsters and beings of myth are evil, there are rare good or neutral ones on occasion.

Drakons

One of the three types of Dragons mentioned in greek myth. They are massive serpentine monsters, capable of spitting acid or breathing fire. Many can have multiple heads, few are capable of true flight, as they are wingless. Regardless of their flightless nature they are monstrously powerful, and one of the most fearsome foes any mortal can face.
There will of course be more text in the end, but that would require me to possibly change some of the creatures.

Cetus

The second type of Greek Dragons, these are the sea dragons in geek mythology. They are rather serpentine in nature, but can only inhabit water. They are nowhere near as powerful as Drakons, but they can easily sink ships none the less. Some are able to call storms to sink ships, they often collude with other monsters of the seas and oceans to get their prey.

[img]TBD[/img]

Dracaena

The last of the three types of Greek Dragons, these are an anomaly among them. They possess a humanoid form which is usually monstrous in appearance. Some Dracaena however hold an exotic beauty and can easily sway the minds of Mortals. Many have reportedly feasted on humans and beasts, of any sort. Some have serpent tails instead of legs, some however have been able to assume a fully human form for a time. Beyond their appearance and base habits very little is known about these creatures.

Minotaur

Minotaurs are well known as being massive creatures, with the body of a man and Bull. They possess curved horns, and a rather muscular physique. While they are usually seen using their horns and fists in combat, many have used simple weapons and armor. Some favor battleaxes, while others use massive clubs. Regardless of what they are using, they are a dangerous foe to face.

Cyclops

They are massive humanoid beings, with a similar appearance to humans, but only have one eye. Many are master craftsman, and can make serviceable weapons out of nearly anything. They are monstrously strong, and possess thick skin and a near immunity to fire. Many can even exhibit feats of the mind, making these creatures feared for both their brawn and brains.

Hydra

Hydras, are often mistaken as a form of Cetus, as they are very similar. Hydras however can have multiple heads that multiply, and are weak to fire. Many have an incredible healing factor, aside from the head regeneration. A few have even been depicted as being able to breath multiple elemtents or use magic, though the latter is extremely rare.

Centaurs

While many Centaurs are good, there are also many that are evil. Most of the evil varieties have horns or antlers. This differentiates them from normal Centars, though some normal centars can become corrupted, through certain means. They can travel fast, and are skilled with all manner of weapons, they have poisonous blood as well. They are usually the children of gods or Titans, many are of questionable loyalty to the gods.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Shadowwell wrote:This is here fo Onty, to check out, see how i am doing so far.

Bestiary Overview

While each section does list the general appearance and the like of each monster, they are not set in stone. Some monsters can have rare variations, some Dragons have wings, same as some centaurs have horns or antlers instead of just being half man half horse. Most of the beings below are from Greek Mythology, though they are common throughout both Roman and Greek myth, just with different names. Additionally, while many monsters and beings of myth are evil, there are rare good or neutral ones on occasion.

Drakons

One of the three types of Dragons mentioned in greek myth. They are massive serpentine monsters, capable of spitting acid or breathing fire. Many can have multiple heads, few are capable of true flight, as they are wingless. Regardless of their flightless nature they are monstrously powerful, and one of the most fearsome foes any mortal can face.
There will of course be more text in the end, but that would require me to possibly change some of the creatures.

Cetus

The second type of Greek Dragons, these are the sea dragons in geek mythology. They are rather serpentine in nature, but can only inhabit water. They are nowhere near as powerful as Drakons, but they can easily sink ships none the less. Some are able to call storms to sink ships, they often collude with other monsters of the seas and oceans to get their prey.

([url=TBD]Image[/url])

Dracaena

The last of the three types of Greek Dragons, these are an anomaly among them. They possess a humanoid form which is usually monstrous in appearance. Some Dracaena however hold an exotic beauty and can easily sway the minds of Mortals. Many have reportedly feasted on humans and beasts, of any sort. Some have serpent tails instead of legs, some however have been able to assume a fully human form for a time. Beyond their appearance and base habits very little is known about these creatures.

Minotaur

Minotaurs are well known as being massive creatures, with the body of a man and Bull. They possess curved horns, and a rather muscular physique. While they are usually seen using their horns and fists in combat, many have used simple weapons and armor. Some favor battleaxes, while others use massive clubs. Regardless of what they are using, they are a dangerous foe to face.

Cyclops

They are massive humanoid beings, with a similar appearance to humans, but only have one eye. Many are master craftsman, and can make serviceable weapons out of nearly anything. They are monstrously strong, and possess thick skin and a near immunity to fire. Many can even exhibit feats of the mind, making these creatures feared for both their brawn and brains.

Hydra

Hydras, are often mistaken as a form of Cetus, as they are very similar. Hydras however can have multiple heads that multiply, and are weak to fire. Many have an incredible healing factor, aside from the head regeneration. A few have even been depicted as being able to breath multiple elemtents or use magic, though the latter is extremely rare.

Centaurs

While many Centaurs are good, there are also many that are evil. Most of the evil varieties have horns or antlers. This differentiates them from normal Centars, though some normal centars can become corrupted, through certain means. They can travel fast, and are skilled with all manner of weapons, they have poisonous blood as well. They are usually the children of gods or Titans, many are of questionable loyalty to the gods.

Looks pretty good.

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Everhall » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:23 pm

Bestiary Overview

Drakons

Cetus

([url=TBD]Image[/url])

Dracaena

Minotaur

Cyclops

Hydra

Centaurs

You seem to have a thing for Bestiaries.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:27 pm

Everhall wrote:

Bestiary Overview

Drakons

Cetus

([url=TBD]Image[/url])

Dracaena

Minotaur

Cyclops

Hydra

Centaurs

only a mild thing, and only lately, atleast, i am still not having a thing for Lovecraftian dieties named Steve, well kind of, i am still writing the short stories for him.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:28 pm

Everhall wrote:

Bestiary Overview

Drakons

Cetus

([url=TBD]Image[/url])

Dracaena

Minotaur

Cyclops

Hydra

Centaurs

I take issue with the "Drakons," as I'm fairly certain it's something Riordan made up himself.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Everhall wrote:You seem to have a thing for Bestiaries.

I take issue with the "Drakons," as I'm fairly certain it's something Riordan made up himself.

Looks like it. A quick google search reveals there's nada with Drakons.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Sanabel wrote:I take issue with the "Drakons," as I'm fairly certain it's something Riordan made up himself.

Looks like it. A quick google search reveals there's nada with Drakons.

Same with Dracaena. In Greek, all it means is "female dragon."
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:36 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Everhall wrote:You seem to have a thing for Bestiaries.

Here and here, he was among the first to use it in stories outside of greek myths, yes, but it is established in greek mythology.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:39 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Sanabel wrote:I take issue with the "Drakons," as I'm fairly certain it's something Riordan made up himself.

Here and here, he was among the first to use it in stories outside of greek myths, yes, but it is established in greek mythology.

Huh, I thought it didn't exist and...

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:42 pm

What have I missed?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:46 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:What have I missed?

Mostly brainstorming for my Demigod RP.

Mind taking a look at the OOC so far, by the way? I feel like I missed stuff but I'm not sure what.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Ontorisa wrote:

Mind taking a look at the OOC so far, by the way? I feel like I missed stuff but I'm not sure what.

Sure - link please?

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Sure - link please?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=383275

Ghondra
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:55 pm

We got featured in the Chronicle! Also Xath is that OOC for Washington up? I'll put it in the OP if it is.
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Ghondra wrote:

We got featured in the Chronicle! Also Xath is that OOC for Washington up? I'll put it in the OP if it is.

Can my Marvel one go up?

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Ghondra wrote:

Not yet. Have been busy travelling.

I'll see when I can.

Ontorisa wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Sure - link please?

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 1&t=383275

Maybe an explanation of the gods?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:04 pm

Well, i shall continue with the bestiary tomorrow and coming my five sources for info, and the like.

Oasisa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Oasisa » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:18 pm

Hey, do you guys know any running RPs I can join? Sci-Fi one's would be great.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:20 pm

Oasisa wrote:Hey, do you guys know any running RPs I can join? Sci-Fi one's would be great.

I have one in the works.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:21 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

Maybe an explanation of the gods?

Like the Greek/Roman Gods?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads