NATION

PASSWORD

Thought Cafe - An RP Group [ALWAYS OPEN l ALL RPs l Casual]

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best Trek Series

Original
1
3%
TNG
7
21%
DS9
5
15%
VOY
0
No votes
I prefer Star Wars
20
61%
 
Total votes : 33

User avatar
Sanabel
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29169
Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:46 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Anyone here who uncovers my RP "Forgotten Quarantine" will get a smirk and +9 charisma points.


Found it

Those were the days.
Proud Flat-Earther and anti-vaccine activist.
----------
I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are then we can't be friends.

User avatar
Shadowwell
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14768
Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:47 pm

Benuty wrote:
Sanabel wrote:A gang.

Which formed in 1954.

Kind of a paradox if you asked me.


Founded in the 1940's by a small group of Hispanics in the Chicago, Illinois area, the purpose of the organization was to help the Hispanic community achieve a better way of life by preserving the Hispanic culture and promoting education.

here
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

User avatar
Benuty
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35362
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Benuty » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:48 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Benuty wrote:Which formed in 1954.

Kind of a paradox if you asked me.


Founded in the 1940's by a small group of Hispanics in the Chicago, Illinois area, the purpose of the organization was to help the Hispanic community achieve a better way of life by preserving the Hispanic culture and promoting education.

here

Are we looking at the right articles?

Wikipedia says 1954, and this one says the 1940s.

Which one is right?
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity.
Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

User avatar
Sanabel
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29169
Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:49 pm

I've amassed so many nicknames I started a OneNote doc to keep track. I have like ten, that's a lot.
Proud Flat-Earther and anti-vaccine activist.
----------
I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are then we can't be friends.

User avatar
Shadowwell
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14768
Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Benuty wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

here

Are we looking at the right articles?

Wikipedia says 1954, and this one says the 1940s.

Which one is right?

I am guessing the other since the wiki page for chicago in the 40's says they were founded then, they just werent considered a true gang until 54 i guess.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

User avatar
The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13366
Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Stadenwick wrote:
Benuty wrote:
Lets not forget the worst of them all.

The Jewish mafia (seriously look it up).

*Banks. There I fixed it.


I suppose in the same way that Al Capone is a pizza oven.

User avatar
The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6359
Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:51 pm

So other people can advertise their RPs here besides OP right?
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

User avatar
Sanabel
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29169
Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Ok guys, it has been lovely watching you all discuss gangs and video-juegos, but now I must go to sleep, I'm tired after a long day in the salt mines. See you all later, I look forward to reading the banter you out forth in my absence.
Proud Flat-Earther and anti-vaccine activist.
----------
I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are then we can't be friends.

User avatar
Shadowwell
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14768
Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Well, G-tech had some suggestions about profit from different activities.

What i was going to do was Have a map of NYC, i have to find mine, and different regions would be better for different criminal activities. With associated risks.

As for the police mechanic, I was thinking, every gang when not declaring war would have to rp with their people collecting protection or runnign drugs or the like. Sad to say ethnicity and success of the group will paly a part, but it will also be up to luck as well.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:54 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:So other people can advertise th :p eir RPs here besides OP right?

Of course.

Also guys, I made a post about the World of Terra (Setting of AWIC) in the second post on the first page, go check it out. Its still really bare bones but we'll fix that.

Sanabel wrote:Ok guys, it has been lovely watching you all discuss gangs and video-juegos, but now I must go to sleep, I'm tired after a long day in the salt mines. See you all later, I look forward to reading the banter you out forth in my absence.

Have fun in cloud cuckoo-land.
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6359
Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:54 pm

Ghondra wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:So other people can advertise th :p eir RPs here besides OP right?

Of course.

Also guys, I made a post about the World of Terra (Setting of AWIC) in the second post on the first page, go check it out. Its still really bare bones but we'll fix that.

Sanabel wrote:Ok guys, it has been lovely watching you all discuss gangs and video-juegos, but now I must go to sleep, I'm tired after a long day in the salt mines. See you all later, I look forward to reading the banter you out forth in my absence.

Have fun in cloud cuckoo-land.

OK cool. Didn't want to wake up to a nasty surprise.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

User avatar
The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6359
Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:56 pm

Ghondra wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:So other people can advertise th :p eir RPs here besides OP right?

Of course.

Also guys, I made a post about the World of Terra (Setting of AWIC) in the second post on the first page, go check it out. Its still really bare bones but we'll fix that.

Sanabel wrote:Ok guys, it has been lovely watching you all discuss gangs and video-juegos, but now I must go to sleep, I'm tired after a long day in the salt mines. See you all later, I look forward to reading the banter you out forth in my absence.

Have fun in cloud cuckoo-land.

I'll be honest the idea wasn't interesting to me at first. But now it sounds pretty interesting.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:57 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Ghondra wrote:Of course.

Also guys, I made a post about the World of Terra (Setting of AWIC) in the second post on the first page, go check it out. Its still really bare bones but we'll fix that.


Have fun in cloud cuckoo-land.

I'll be honest the idea wasn't interesting to me at first. But now it sounds pretty interesting.

You have described my life and how people view me :D
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Stadenwick
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1286
Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Stadenwick » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:57 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Well, G-tech had some suggestions about profit from different activities.

What i was going to do was Have a map of NYC, i have to find mine, and different regions would be better for different criminal activities. With associated risks.

As for the police mechanic, I was thinking, every gang when not declaring war would have to rp with their people collecting protection or runnign drugs or the like. Sad to say ethnicity and success of the group will paly a part, but it will also be up to luck as well.

Is it have to be in RL New York? It may be better for imaginary city to fill the place instead, with regions to give a drawing of what's what and where's where. I suggested New Daria for the name.
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Did you just call me wicky?

Aye.

So yeah, feel free to call me that from now on.
Tracian Empire wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Basically, Stadenwick is RPing as the Russian, Orthodox version of Mormonism and Deseret.

Something in that direction, with some anti-Pope stuff hidden in since he claims to be a new Ecumenical Patriarch.

That's why I don't like heresies. They need to be burned.
Mobile posting is cancer, and i do a lot of it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

User avatar
The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13366
Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:58 pm

Ghondra wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:I'll be honest the idea wasn't interesting to me at first. But now it sounds pretty interesting.

You have described my life and how people view me :D


Probably worth noting that the map you've got there was randomly generated by this website. There's a lot of setting to play with, too!

User avatar
The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6359
Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:59 pm

Ghondra wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:I'll be honest the idea wasn't interesting to me at first. But now it sounds pretty interesting.

You have described my life and how people view me :D

It's the opposite for my recent RPs.

Interest - Seems cool.

Actual OOC - Sorry other stuff going on have to drop out.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

User avatar
Shadowwell
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14768
Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:59 pm

Stadenwick wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Well, G-tech had some suggestions about profit from different activities.

What i was going to do was Have a map of NYC, i have to find mine, and different regions would be better for different criminal activities. With associated risks.

As for the police mechanic, I was thinking, every gang when not declaring war would have to rp with their people collecting protection or runnign drugs or the like. Sad to say ethnicity and success of the group will paly a part, but it will also be up to luck as well.

Is it have to be in RL New York? It may be better for imaginary city to fill the place instead, with regions to give a drawing of what's what and where's where. I suggested New Daria for the name.

Well if someone can make a map to fit and regions and the like that would be helpful then.

The different gangs i listed would all be a type the rper could app as.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

User avatar
The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13366
Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:00 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Ghondra wrote:You have described my life and how people view me :D

It's the opposite for my recent RPs.

Interest - Seems cool.

Actual OOC - Sorry other stuff going on have to drop out.


This is literally every original IP I've hosted to the extent of my memory.

Every

Single

One

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:01 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Ghondra wrote:You have described my life and how people view me :D


Probably worth noting that the map you've got there was randomly generated by this website. There's a lot of setting to play with, too!

Yeah I know! It took me like 30 minutes to get a map that looked like Earth, but different you know?

Also I'm starting a special thread for this group that is specifically for the World of Terra project.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:It's the opposite for my recent RPs.

Interest - Seems cool.

Actual OOC - Sorry other stuff going on have to drop out.


This is literally every original IP I've hosted to the extent of my memory.

Every

Single

One

HNL had such potential *sigh*
Well we'll revive it eventually.
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Stadenwick
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1286
Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Stadenwick » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:01 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Ghondra wrote:You have described my life and how people view me :D

It's the opposite for my recent RPs.

Interest - Seems cool.

Actual OOC - Sorry other stuff going on have to drop out.

I'm just gonna assume you're not looking at me while writing this :p
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Did you just call me wicky?

Aye.

So yeah, feel free to call me that from now on.
Tracian Empire wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Basically, Stadenwick is RPing as the Russian, Orthodox version of Mormonism and Deseret.

Something in that direction, with some anti-Pope stuff hidden in since he claims to be a new Ecumenical Patriarch.

That's why I don't like heresies. They need to be burned.
Mobile posting is cancer, and i do a lot of it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

User avatar
The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6359
Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Stadenwick wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:It's the opposite for my recent RPs.

Interest - Seems cool.

Actual OOC - Sorry other stuff going on have to drop out.

I'm just gonna assume you're not looking at me while writing this :p

Don't worry. It's happened to me more than once.

I've met some people who like my ideas though even if the RP didn't start and together we worked on the setting some more. That's always cool. I'm building quite the backlog of RPs I intend to "reboot."
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

User avatar
Stadenwick
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1286
Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Stadenwick » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:04 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Is it have to be in RL New York? It may be better for imaginary city to fill the place instead, with regions to give a drawing of what's what and where's where. I suggested New Daria for the name.

Well if someone can make a map to fit and regions and the like that would be helpful then.

The different gangs i listed would all be a type the rper could app as.

Mmm...I'll try to come up with something. Don't hope too much I actually come up with anything though.
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Did you just call me wicky?

Aye.

So yeah, feel free to call me that from now on.
Tracian Empire wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Basically, Stadenwick is RPing as the Russian, Orthodox version of Mormonism and Deseret.

Something in that direction, with some anti-Pope stuff hidden in since he claims to be a new Ecumenical Patriarch.

That's why I don't like heresies. They need to be burned.
Mobile posting is cancer, and i do a lot of it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:06 pm

The Primary Discussion thread for The World of Terra: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=381932

I also linked it on the first page in the second post.
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:08 pm

BTW Shadow, you had two other RP ideas, mind telling more about them?
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:10 pm

So anyone observes politics here?
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Offer Erapia, Polish Prussian Commonwealth, Reverend Norv, The Black Party

Advertisement

Remove ads