NATION

PASSWORD

Twilight of the Galaxy (IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zoblus
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoblus » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:25 pm

The Greater Gambia wrote:
Federation Space, Core Region
Todval System, Jakala
New Talveria, Congress Building

The Congress Chambers was a large room, adorned in the purple colors favored by the original Tagali creators. Originally built to house a few hundred Tagali representatives from various planets, the building had been expanded to fit thousands of Representatives from various species. While there was no official rule, each species had segregated themselves in sections containing their own kind, the Tagali in one section, the Taani next to them, the Scra'Shn in their own, and so on. In the middle between the rows of Representatives sat the three Councilors of the three regions of the Federation. The Traxian Human Mei Ming-Hua as the Councilor of the Frontier, the Tagali Lahira Ol-Togara of the Core Region, and the Khyrsian Ji'an Froth Tan of the Outer Rim Region

Councilor Ming-Hua stood up and approached the podium. She spoke in an accent similar to a Hong Kong English accent.

"Let us begin this meeting of the Federal Congress. 1st Meeting of Federation Year 1843. First order of business comes from The Lekhassan Tetrarchy. May their Lead Representative Please step forward." A loud murmur arose from the various species, spoken in an array of languages. The Lekhassan were the latest species to be welcomed into the Federation, stealing the title from the Humans. Their entrance had caused quite a stir between the two major players of the Frontier Region, the Humans and the Scra'Shn. The Edge Humans were worried by the large size of the Tetrarchy, fearing they would disrupt the balance of power in the Frontier. The prospect that once Ming-Hua passed, a Lekhassan would have the title of Frontier Councilor, reducing human influence in the Frontier greatly. The Scra'Shn saw the Lekhassans as another competitor in the Frontier, causing animosity between the two species. The Scra'Shn were still bitter over the loss of influence they had when the Humans were admitted into the Federation. For almost a thousand years, the Scra'Shn were the major power of the Frontier and were rarely contested. The Yatkashin were nomadic and thus didn't have the benefit of resources and treasury to spread their influence, same with the Jalgari, who had settled in asteroid belts across the Frontier. The Vorshkun cared little for Federation politics and yearned for the days they could expand and conquered as much as they liked. The Huo were to easily intimidated and the Golta ruined any chances of political ambition they had when they launched their revolt centuries ago. The Scra'Shn were comfortable in their power until the equally savvy Humans came into the picture.Now there was another race that could challenge even the humans. It wasn't a coincidence that Scra'Shn pirates had begun to raid Lekhassan outer colonies as well as human ones.

The Head Lekhassan Representative approached the Councilors, standing in the middle of the Chambers. Thousands of eyes were now watching them. Khyrsian Councilor Ji'an Froth Tan called for silence in the chambers before addressing the Representative.

"Greetings, Representative. It has come to my attention that you have a grievance you would like us to address. What is it that troubles the Tetrarchy?" Representatives of multiple species tensed up, ready to defend their species.

"Pirates, my dear Councilor, Scra'Shnn pirates."

The one who uttered these words, hissing almost as he spoke, was Odanai the Younger, the eldest and favourite son of Odanai the Elder. Dressed in a massive, flowing robe of red and gold, accentuating the bronze color of his skin, he stood peacefully before all of the assembled members of the Federation, hands clasped in front of him. His massive horns, stretching some two feet above him, we're nearly perfectly straight, though they curved off to the left and the right near the top, small bells attached to their tips. His jet black hair lay neat and clean below them, oiled and combed in such a way as to make his seem to be constantly in movement, emulating the movement of waves even when he was perfectly still. The rainbows that were his eyes locked intensely unto Councilor Ji'an Froth Tan and though they revealed nothing, they hid, better than his tongue, the distaste he had for having to be there speaking. Unclasping his hands, he cleared his throat, saying:

"They have been preying upon our outer worlds relentlessly, harming Lekhassan trade and Federation interests. I may be rash in the statement I am about to make, but I, on behalf of the Tetrarchs, do soundly believe and therefore state that these heinous fiends are attacking us on behalf of their kin who sit here in this Congress!"

Turning to face the Scra'Shnn section, he tilted his head and angled his neck to switch the color of his eyes to that which represented anger to the Lekhassans: purple. Clearing his throat, he continued:

"We are a forgiving people, we are a thoughtful people, we are a cooperative people. For those reasons, we have waited patiently to deal with this situation civilly, to ensure that no unnecessary blood is spilled, for even though my people have only recently joined hands with the others who call the Federation home, we will ceaselessly to ensure its stability. The Federation is as much our home as it is to the Tagali and all the other species that call it so. But, if the Scra'Shnn do not stop backing these horrendous attacks against those who would want to be friends, no, kin with, we will feel obliged to show them what else my people are: relentless."
"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolutions."
- Khalil Gibran

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Zoblus wrote:"Pirates, my dear Councilor, Scra'Shnn pirates."

The one who uttered these words, hissing almost as he spoke, was Odanai the Younger, the eldest and favourite son of Odanai the Elder. Dressed in a massive, flowing robe of red and gold, accentuating the bronze color of his skin, he stood peacefully before all of the assembled members of the Federation, hands clasped in front of him. His massive horns, stretching some two feet above him, we're nearly perfectly straight, though they curved off to the left and the right near the top, small bells attached to their tips. His jet black hair lay neat and clean below them, oiled and combed in such a way as to make his seem to be constantly in movement, emulating the movement of waves even when he was perfectly still. The rainbows that were his eyes locked intensely unto Councilor Ji'an Froth Tan and though they revealed nothing, they hid, better than his tongue, the distaste he had for having to be there speaking. Unclasping his hands, he cleared his throat, saying:

"They have been preying upon our outer worlds relentlessly, harming Lekhassan trade and Federation interests. I may be rash in the statement I am about to make, but I, on behalf of the Tetrarchs, do soundly believe and therefore state that these heinous fiends are attacking us on behalf of their kin who sit here in this Congress!"

Turning to face the Scra'Shnn section, he tilted his head and angled his neck to switch the color of his eyes to that which represented anger to the Lekhassans: purple. Clearing his throat, he continued:

"We are a forgiving people, we are a thoughtful people, we are a cooperative people. For those reasons, we have waited patiently to deal with this situation civilly, to ensure that no unnecessary blood is spilled, for even though my people have only recently joined hands with the others who call the Federation home, we will ceaselessly to ensure its stability. The Federation is as much our home as it is to the Tagali and all the other species that call it so. But, if the Scra'Shnn do not stop backing these horrendous attacks against those who would want to be friends, no, kin with, we will feel obliged to show them what else my people are: relentless."

The Congress was launched into an uproar at the Representative's accusation. None were as loud as the reptilian avian screech of the Head Representative of the Scra'Shn, Yol Van, Cousin to the High Prince of the Scra'Shn.

"How dare you accuse the Representatives of Scra'Shn Principalities of backing piracy raids on your collection of dirt rocks you call colonies! The Scra'Shn are a proud race who have remained loyal citizens ever since our annexation into the Federation. Was it not we who expanded the reach and coffers of the Federation due to our merchants taking to the stars and discovering many races to trade with? Was it not us who's privateers held the Golta at bay when the Navy was overburdened with hundreds of worlds on fire from the Golta Uprising. The Scra'Shn have proved themselves to the Federation. What have these upstarts in the Tetrarchy done? They should have been done away with as we did the Golta." The Representative's inflammatory remarks angered Chief Jarnalus, The Envoy of the Golta Containment zone.

"Come down here where I can rip your limbs off Bird. You Scra'Shn have no problem talking when your feathers are safe!" Yol Van made his black talons visible.

"The Scra'Shn made pelts of your mammalian hides once. We'll do it again." The insults had gone on long enough. Councilor Lahira Ol-Togara spoke up.

"That is enough, both of you! There will be order in this Congress!" The room went silent as the Tagali's voice rang throughout the hall. Lahira stared down at the Lekhassan.

"Representative Odanai, your accusation against the Scra'Shn Principality is inflammatory and carries severe consequences. What proof that you have that Scra'Shn Representatives have ordered raids on Tetrarchy territory? May I also remind you that military aggression between Member nations of the Federation are illegal and can and will be punished with Marital law."The Human representatives began whispering to each other. Amadou Sabaleh, a Halusian Human Representative from New Dakar stood up and came to Odanai's defense.

"If I may interject, High Councilor, but while the Scra'Shn speak of being righteous citizens of the Federation, they are fooling no one. This is not the first time that accusations of raids instigated by the Scra'Shn Principalities. When the Human nations of the Federation were admitted into the Federation, we faced similar raids as well, but our pleas for action fell on deaf ears. We Representatives of Human Nations support the claims of the Lekhassans in hopes that the past is not repeated."
Last edited by The Greater Gambia on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quote of the- Oh, I don't know how long I'm gonna have this on here.
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:
Interstellar Ascendancy: an FT Nation Rp

Evil Pootoo Bird of The Pub

Zoblus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoblus » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:37 pm

The Greater Gambia wrote:-snip-

Odanai let his mind and body fall at ease. Motioning with one arm towards the human representatives, he spoke once more, saying:

"The past speaks for itself, but if that is not enough, we do have proper evidence."

Reaching into the folds of his robe, Odanai pulled out a small holographic emitter barely half the size of his palm. It was a plain, blue colored cube with several small, pulsating lights and lines on its surface, a small slit at its apex. Giving the left side of quick touch, Odanai activated the emitter. Several lines of text soon sprang forth from the miniscule cube and, handing it to the Councilor, said:

"This is the confessional extracted from one of the aforementioned pirates, captured when she and her ilk decided to foolishly assault a Lekhassan trade vessel heading home to Kath. She spoke heavily of the backing that those of her employment have received from the noble Scra'Shnn government and that she was not the first, or the last, to take to the cause of inflicting pain unto my people."

Casting a quick glance back at the Scra'Shnn representative, he continued:

"My dear Councilors and Federation members, we Lekhassans wish not to stir violence and hate among those we consider family, we very much strive to preserve the unity of the Federation. But we can not and will not stand by silently and allow our colonies, our people, our blood, be indiscriminately and mercilessly preyed upon by such beasts. It is our hope that this may be resolved peacefully and that soon, we Lekhassans may be able to embrace our Scra'Shnn brothers once more as firm allies, so that the integrity of the Federation may go unscathed, unchallenged, unmolested."
"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolutions."
- Khalil Gibran

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:30 am

The New Earth Federation wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:"Noted, High Captain. All ships, form up behind the NEF Fleet! We will blaze a path of destruction across the xenomorph line, and then bombard their lairs from wherein they come from!"

Very quickly, the entire Gnositon force used short range warp jumps to form up behind the NEF Fleet. Mercilessly, they pounded at the xenomorph hulking horrors that were in their way. The sheer pressure wrought upon a hulking horror by thousands of graviton and anti-matter torpedoes, laser beams, and kinetic shells was simply too much and most of the horrors that were in their path were slaughtered.

The planets with the nests were finally in plain sight, after several ships have been destroyed. Though the Gnositons were quick thinking enough to beam out at least part of the crews of the ships that were lost, still some died. But with the lairs within striking range, it was al worth it.

"Purifier Death Stars, purify planetary surface."

The Purifier Death Stars then fired hundreds of beams, nuclear warheads, and various anti-planetary weapons, with the NEF probably following suit in raining down hellfire upon the lairs of the xenomorphs...

"All non engaged ships prepare for Apocalypse Copernicus! We shall cleanse these demons!" He yelled and with that order all of the non-engaged cruisers and battleships along with the dreadnought moved in close and aimed all of their cannons downward then proceeded to fire all of their cannons toward the planet. Then they proceeded to shoot all of their missiles and nukes toward the planet, the combined firepower between the cannons, missiles, and nukes created a huge hole where the main hive was. The hole was clearly several hundred kilometers across and quadruple that deep.

To ensure that all was eradicated on the planet several Trooper battalions where sent to the surface, once they hit the ground they where meet with stiff resistance from the remaining defenders. Combat ranged from hand to hand, mid range and long range combat, it was brutal as the fighting becoming more and more fierce the closer they got to the crater. It seemed that these xenomorphs where trying to protect the remains of the hive city, however most Troopers did care for this sort of devotion all they wanted to do was kill some parasitic aliens.

Hive City
"Julius! Get the damn flame thrower over here!" Yelled the Sergeant who removed the expended magazine of his M83A7. A slight smaller and stocker human Trooper ran over carrying a FTM-25 "Logi" flamethrower and pulled the trigger spraying liquid thermite/naplam mix on all of he xenomorphs that stood in front of him, they burned at incredible tempetures and as the burned they screamed uncontrollable piercing the sounds of bullets flying, bodies dropping to the ground and the sounds of agony.

The Gnositon ground forces soon followed suit after the NEF Troopers landed. Amongst them are the 17 story tall Colossi that incinerate swarms of smaller enemies with their thermal lances, and the well renowned Disruptors that destroy entire formations with energy spikes. But most numerous are the Sentinels, veterans of a thousand campaigns, and the Instigators, deadly and mobile range support troops.

Hive City

AS the Sergeant fired his flamethrower, little did he know that a single xenomorph has somehow burrowed into the ground and escaped the flame's fury.

A shriek, and a roar, and a shot, and lastly the sound of a loud thump. The burrowed creature emerged from the ground to attack the Sergeant, but an Instigator killed it before it can get even close to him.

"Let us push on and eliminate what remains of these monsters"
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:06 am

Government District
Puriel
Spindle

Daniel rested against a wall, Excalibur laying across his knees as his head leaned against the wall. Above him, he could see airlock Ariel opening again, another swarm of aircraft exiting and spreading down onto the city like a plague. Amongst them were the capital ships which had warped in ahead of the first wave of attack craft. Already, the city was lighting up with brief flares and rising clouds of smoke as the big guns were brought to bear on the Xaei down here.

Which meant that this was over.

Not immediately, of course. But this battle was a foregone conclusion and Daniel was glad for that. It gave him the reprieve he needed to rest a little. he last few hours had been exhausting as they'd made their way from point to point, striking and fading and striking and fading relentlessly. But now is muscles were screaming at him for some relaxation and his hands were trembling even as they sat on top of his knees. He'd been running on adrenaline up until now and he was coming down hard.

"It's over." Philote said in his ear, "At least, the organised part of this battle. The last Xaei command centre's out."

"So this just turned into a manhunt." Daniel replied, "Brilliant. How long do you think the blues and the bugs are going to stick around, then?"

"I'd assume they'll leave just as soon as we're capable of taking on the remaining Xaei." Philote said and Daniel could hear her shrugging, "Perhaps a few days? My guess is that they'll reinstate the Monarchy and then bail."

"Joy joy." Daniel muttered, "Draw up some plans for us to sweep the city for any remaining Xaei. We'll start as soon as you've got the plans ready."
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

The New Earth Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Earth Federation » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:18 am

Korhal IVV wrote:
"All non engaged ships prepare for Apocalypse Copernicus! We shall cleanse these demons!" He yelled and with that order all of the non-engaged cruisers and battleships along with the dreadnought moved in close and aimed all of their cannons downward then proceeded to fire all of their cannons toward the planet. Then they proceeded to shoot all of their missiles and nukes toward the planet, the combined firepower between the cannons, missiles, and nukes created a huge hole where the main hive was. The hole was clearly several hundred kilometers across and quadruple that deep.

To ensure that all was eradicated on the planet several Trooper battalions where sent to the surface, once they hit the ground they where meet with stiff resistance from the remaining defenders. Combat ranged from hand to hand, mid range and long range combat, it was brutal as the fighting becoming more and more fierce the closer they got to the crater. It seemed that these xenomorphs where trying to protect the remains of the hive city, however most Troopers did care for this sort of devotion all they wanted to do was kill some parasitic aliens.

Hive City
"Julius! Get the damn flame thrower over here!" Yelled the Sergeant who removed the expended magazine of his M83A7. A slight smaller and stocker human Trooper ran over carrying a FTM-25 "Logi" flamethrower and pulled the trigger spraying liquid thermite/naplam mix on all of he xenomorphs that stood in front of him, they burned at incredible tempetures and as the burned they screamed uncontrollable piercing the sounds of bullets flying, bodies dropping to the ground and the sounds of agony.

The Gnositon ground forces soon followed suit after the NEF Troopers landed. Amongst them are the 17 story tall Colossi that incinerate swarms of smaller enemies with their thermal lances, and the well renowned Disruptors that destroy entire formations with energy spikes. But most numerous are the Sentinels, veterans of a thousand campaigns, and the Instigators, deadly and mobile range support troops.

Hive City

AS the Sergeant fired his flamethrower, little did he know that a single xenomorph has somehow burrowed into the ground and escaped the flame's fury.

A shriek, and a roar, and a shot, and lastly the sound of a loud thump. The burrowed creature emerged from the ground to attack the Sergeant, but an Instigator killed it before it can get even close to him.

"Copy, 3rd Squad! To me!" He said lifting up is rifle and pointing forward soon the survivors of 3rd squad rose up out of the craters and regrouped with their sergeant. A fire team of Paladins could be seen walking across the battlefield, two held the standard issue Paladin rifle while the thrid one held the Paladin machine gun, they where laying down a wall of fire. After all they where shooting .50 cal and .65 cal rounds. Amy xenomorph that stood in their way was immediately gunned down, their body riddled with large and destructive holes.

Orbit

The fighting was growing fiercer as the ground troops pushed further into the hive, several destroyed hulks of NEF ships could be seen floating round it was grim reality that it took this many ships to finally push forward and bombard the planet. The High Captian winched as he saw a frigate get destroyed by one of the xenomorph ships, it was slightly larger then the standard NEF frigate however, he wasn't sure what class it was I could be their frigates or maybe a destroyer. But he really did care as he wanted they alien ship dead, he turned to the weapons officer

"Fire on enemy ship on our starboard side, elevation 45 degrees!"

"Yes sir! Adjusting HK cannons and point defense systems!"

The High Captian turned back around to find that the two of the Heavy Kinetic cannons and a few point defense cannons where firing on the xenomorph ship, the large iridium-tungsten slugs pounded across the side of its hull then followed up by several thin beams of plasma form the point defenses. A smile crept across the High Captian's face it was good to see so many rounds hit the side, some say that he might have a love for explosions but who in the NEF didn't have a love for explosions?
Last edited by The New Earth Federation on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Level: Mid FT, 2898
Militaristic, imperialistic, multi species spacefaring nation, not based on Earth
Captial: New Earth, Arcadia system
WE DONT USE NS STATS, PLEASE USE FACTBOOKS Telegrams are always welcomed, don't worry I don't bite.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:17 pm

As the war with the Xaei Union continued, a general election was held in the Covenant the position of Vice Lord (the equivalent of a prime minister) and for the positions of the various councilors in the Covenant Council. Most in the Covenant knew that this was to be the year of the Reformers, as public opinion polls indicated that they were projected to win the election and gain many more seats in the Covenant Council. The Loyalist Alliance, along with the other minor parties in the Council (the Liberal Party and the Commune Party) could do nothing at this point to end the popularity of the Reformers.

The Reformers were formed 14 years ago by Asir Av'Lya, a well known member of the Covenant Council; Asir had lost the last two elections, as the Reformers were not yet strong enough, but since the party had grown enormously over the past five years, this year would definitely be different. Their goal is to bring reform that would make the government far more efficient, as they argue that the Covenant bureaucracy is extremely inefficient, bloated, and corrupted. They would even go so far as to eliminate the semi-autonomy of the sectors that make up the Covenant and heavily centralize the government. The party also has a rather xenophobic attitude when it comes to alien species, believing that the interests of the Cho'Dosans should come first. The discovery of the Xaei and other alien nations, as well as the immigration of the Oni, Urg, and Morkai diasporas from Astra Orso into the Covenant only fueled the rampant xenophobia across the nation. They also argued that the Covenant had grown stagnant over the centuries and was in danger of being left behind by other nations in the galaxy if it could not adapt to the times. The populist and nationalist rhetoric of the Reformers was viewed as dangerous by some people, including the Loyalists, who did not want the Reformers to challenge them.

Billions across the Covenant cast their votes, and after the results came in, it was revealed that Asir crushed his opponents: he gained 52% of the vote. Hosk, the Loyalist candidate and the incumbent, gained 34% of the vote. The Liberal candidate gained 9% of the vote, and the Commune candidate gained 5%. The Reformers also managed to gain a supermajority (2/3rds) of the seats in the Covenant Council, pushing the Liberal and Commune parties out of the Council entirely. While the Reformers had been expected to win, they did far better than anyone had expected. Asir gave his victory speech in the city of Zaxon on Zaxa, the headquarters of the Reformer Party. All of the Reformer councilors, including those recently elected, assembled into the Reformer Party Headquarters to listen to Asir's speech, which was also broadcasted across the nation.

Back on Klandulor, Overlord Cha'Sarrah and Hosk convened with each other at the Vice Lord's office in the Grand Complex. It would be their last time meeting together in the Grand Complex. They would watch Asir's speech on one of the screens in the room.

"Asir is truly a madman," the Overlord would say in disgust. "Now that the Reformers have a supermajority, he is practically untouchable. He will destroy everything the Covenant has worked to build."

Hosk turned to look at the Overlord. "The conspiracies may be right after all. This is a plot to destroy democracy itself."

"Many politicians are so frightened right now that they are applying for asylum," the Overlord replied.

"Where at?"

"The Tagali Federation. Should we have to flee the country, they are likely to take us in with open arms."

"I feel it is somewhat...cowardly to flee our country in a time like this and allow our citizens to be taken advantage of by Asir. At the very least, the courts will challenge him."

"We have no choice, Hosk. Even the military supports him now- the decision of the courts will simply be ignored. Once Asir has the perfect opportunity, he will eliminate his political rivals, including us. The best we could do is petition the Tagali for support, but they may have no interest in intervention."

Hosk sighed. He knew it would be tough to abandon his country like this, but he felt that it may be the only option. "We shall see how this plays out, I suppose."

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Vadrais
Vadrais System
Union Space

Admiral Div'onrik was surprised at the Orso invasion under his custody. However, with the defenses so ill prepared for an attack, and the rumors of XRA and Covenant invasion, he couldn't risk his people. Div contemptibly ordered the fleet to stand down, power down their weapons, as well as ordered the Watchtower and Rings to be set to low-power mode. After this, he opened up a communications channel with the Orso fleet.

"I am Admiral Div'onrik, technical Governor of this system. This system shall surrender to you. My men will stand down. Just... please, do not harm any of my people.", he said simply. He sighed, mandibles clicking. Hopefully this would end soon...

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Zoblus wrote:Odanai let his mind and body fall at ease. Motioning with one arm towards the human representatives, he spoke once more, saying:

"The past speaks for itself, but if that is not enough, we do have proper evidence."

Reaching into the folds of his robe, Odanai pulled out a small holographic emitter barely half the size of his palm. It was a plain, blue colored cube with several small, pulsating lights and lines on its surface, a small slit at its apex. Giving the left side of quick touch, Odanai activated the emitter. Several lines of text soon sprang forth from the miniscule cube and, handing it to the Councilor, said:

"This is the confessional extracted from one of the aforementioned pirates, captured when she and her ilk decided to foolishly assault a Lekhassan trade vessel heading home to Kath. She spoke heavily of the backing that those of her employment have received from the noble Scra'Shnn government and that she was not the first, or the last, to take to the cause of inflicting pain unto my people."

"My dear Councilors and Federation members, we Lekhassans wish not to stir violence and hate among those we consider family, we very much strive to preserve the unity of the Federation. But we can not and will not stand by silently and allow our colonies, our people, our blood, be indiscriminately and mercilessly preyed upon by such beasts. It is our hope that this may be resolved peacefully and that soon, we Lekhassans may be able to embrace our Scra'Shnn brothers once more as firm allies, so that the integrity of the Federation may go unscathed, unchallenged, unmolested."

Yol Van screeched.

"That proves nothing! You have the word of a capture Pirate! They will say anything to save their own hides! Hardly words that should be taken as fact." By this point, Councilor Lahira was growing impatient. As a mesh of jeers at the Lekhassan came from the Scra'Shn section, Lahira finally snapped.

"Enough!" She yelled before quickly regaining her composure.

"Representative Odanai, an investigation will be dispatched on the matter. The FIS will find the truth."
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:

The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:51 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Vadrais
Vadrais System
Union Space

Admiral Div'onrik was surprised at the Orso invasion under his custody. However, with the defenses so ill prepared for an attack, and the rumors of XRA and Covenant invasion, he couldn't risk his people. Div contemptibly ordered the fleet to stand down, power down their weapons, as well as ordered the Watchtower and Rings to be set to low-power mode. After this, he opened up a communications channel with the Orso fleet.

"I am Admiral Div'onrik, technical Governor of this system. This system shall surrender to you. My men will stand down. Just... please, do not harm any of my people.", he said simply. He sighed, mandibles clicking. Hopefully this would end soon...

Following the enemy's surrender in the Vadrais System the 288th Fleet took measure to ensure its colonies' compliance. The surrendering fleet was scuttled by its crews who escaped to Vadrais, leaving the planet incapable of opposing; Task Force 288D patrolled the sector for any vessels that came anywhere near Orso-occupied territory. The HMAF strategy called for momentum and sheer speed, taking as many worlds as they could to force the Xaei Union's submission. Preferably the Union defenses would surrender instead of choose death like this one had, but it is the Xaei's nature not to surrender. They were stubborn, shortsighted, and weak; a suicidal combination. The Vadrais System's subjugation was not representative of other systems, and the 228th had the luck of facing a spineless foe.

North of the X Tech Armada AO
300th Legion, 112th Army, Battlegroup D, XVI Tech Armada
Grenadier Brigs

Brigs could not smell or feel. He couldn't even see, technically, because he was mentally receiving the input from a system that was seeing the carnage for him. His audio fed him the sounds of the city: a distant firefight, exploding vehicles, collapsing buildings, tanks moving to Maverick. It was hard to say whether he was actually experiencing these sense, his armor being an extension of his body; or if they were merely the suit's output, like a computer. Brigs couldn't tell the difference. The things his suit saw, he saw. What it heard, he did. Even the radio waves the suit received, Brigs received. From the fleet he received the coordinates of incoming bombardments, from tanks he received warnings of their trajectories and targets, and from other grenadiers he received a constant stream of updates on progress. Fourth Squad had cleared another block, First Platoon nearly had the northern district pacified, and Senior Grenadier Algren was on the move to the next target. Brigs, too, needed to find new targets. He moved through down the highway, knocking cars off the raised road as he sprinted, tearing the road with the weight and force of his stride. As he ran down the lane he received a message from Sergeant Wesson. The message was heard like it was with Brigs's own two ears hearing it.

"Grenadier Brigs, there's a Xaei strongpoint at Building 946. Armor and anti-armor. Go clear them out."

Brigs jumped off the highway, and crushed the car where he landed. Again he was running to the target a few blocks away, and had arrived promptly. He was in a full sprint when he noticed an anti-armor round screaming through the air towards him, but he hardly had the time to evade; it had already set its course. The round met him, and burst in a violent inferno of lightning and fire. Electricity cackled in the smoke that enveloped Brigs, the E-shield reacting with the shrapnel that scattered. The suit's defenses easily defeated the tank round, and Brigs was no worse for wear. His armor was already scorched black by previous attempted to penetrate his armor, and only a single crater laid on his shoulder to show for the enemy efforts. Now, it was Brigs's turn. He counted five tanks guarding the corner: one for his last missile, two for his railguns, and two for his laser rifles. Lock, confirm, fire. Brigs unleashed the power of his armor. A rocket screamed from one shoulder, the railguns' iconic "PING!" rang out under his armpits, his laser rifles flashed blue beams at the enemy armor. Five pretty fireballs sprang out, a few turrets flew up into the air.

Next Brigs bombarded the building. The micromortar on his right shoulder loaded and fired, loaded and fired, rained ordnance on the building. Rounds flew all around, landing in the square atomizing soldiers behind cover, smashing the building's supports. The entire face was filled with holes leaking blood, and the pillars were too weakened to support the structure. It buckled under its own weight, and its collapse bloomed in a cloud of dust that engulfed the block. This obstruction didn't hinder Brigs in the slightest; he marched through the cloud to the top of the rubble, and briefly beheld his own carnage. There was blood on the debris, bits of carapace sticking out the piles of wreckage. Certainly not all these were soldiers. These aliens, somehow surrounded by a foe a tenth their number, couldn't escape the city. They hunkered down and hoped for the best, praying they could somehow drive off the grenadiers. Of course, that was never a possibility, given a single legion had successfully taken the whole planet by storm. Well, most the planet. There was still work to do in this city, and out in the country. The HMHI was sending a message, and they wanted it delivered quickly.

The Orso blitzkrieg was as destructive as the Empress had promised. Within a short span of time the HMAF had seized hundreds of worlds, and burned hundreds more. Fleets moved from one world to the next, either sacking or subjugating Xaei colonies. Those that surrendered, survived; those that didn't, died. The HMGA had no time to babysit worlds; they seized or scuttled surrendering fleets, their destroyer fleets hopped between worlds to watch for raiders and counterattacks. However, as the HMGA pushed further they began encountering more resistance. The enemy fleets increased in size drastically from the start of the Campaign to the approach of the Core Worlds. The HMGA was beginning to sacrifice the size of their world-catching net to focus their fleets against formations in the thousands, sending full legions and armies against single heavily populated worlds. Hopefully the Xaei Empress would surrender soon. Then again, if the war continued the Orso Empire was sure to crush the Union on their major planets.

But as always, would weakening the Xaei Union help the galaxy when it came time to face a greater threat?
ywn be as good as this video
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series
US politics

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:25 am

The Fallen Jedi wrote:-snip-

Ministry of Extraterrestrial Affairs, Luna, Sol System, United Nations of Sol,
09:00 Earth Standard Time, 24 September 2341 CE

"Welcome to the Sol System, sirs," began the Minister of Extraterrestrial Affairs, seating herself at the conference table. She dispensed with the customary formalities. Human formalities were unlikely to be appreciated by a bunch of aliens, and she didn't know which formalities, if any, the aliens used.

She cleared her throat before continuing to speak.

"Let us make one thing very clear, ambassadors. Any relationship that the state I represent forms with the Old Masaki Dynasty will be built on the premise of sovereign nation-states. The United Nations of Sol understand that the Old Masaki Dynasty has opened hostilities with a polity in our region of the galaxy, but our neutrality will be respected."

The Minister tried to suppress whatever emotion she felt about that, and simply pulled forth a sheet of paper.

"Humanity has this concept called national sovereignty, which includes such things as the right to not have its territory interfered with by foreign military forces and the right to control its borders. Ambassadors, should the Old Masaki Dynasty seek to open diplomatic relations with the United Nations of Sol, you will see to it that your nation abides by those principles."

The Minister paused for a few seconds to permit the words to sink in.

"In short, ambassadors, the state and people of the United Nations of Sol are extremely displeased at the demonstrations of Masaki military strength within the territory of the United Nations of Sol. Should the Old Masaki Dynasty continue these incursions, the United Nations of Sol shall see fit to consider them an invasion force."

She passed the sheet of paper to the waiting Masaki notables. It was the same terms the United Nations of Sol offered to newly-contacted alien nations as a matter of course and as part of the UNS' first contact procedures, but its terms on territorial sovereignty has been strongly embellished.

No military equipment, as defined as any machinery, information, substances, or other property belonging to any legal entity within a nation-state that exists for the purposes of destruction, nor military personnel, as defined as any personnel capable in the operation of such equipment, shall be brought into the sovereign and declared territory of the other party without the latter's explicit and written consent.

All such equipment or personnel brought into the sovereign and declared territory of the other party shall declare its identity, presence, and any other relevant information demanded to due representatives of that party, and shall be removed from said territory as soon as possible. Any such equipment or personnel that fails to do so or has been brought in without appropriate permission of the party involved shall be considered forfeited to the other party.

The United Nations of Sol has already encountered the military of the Old Masaki Dynasty, and had no desire to do so again. As far as the General Assembly was concerned, the further those behemoths stayed away from UNS territory, the better. Naturally, the language of the proposed treaty reflected that.

After a short minute to allow the Masaki representatives to read through the terms proposed, she continued.

"These are the terms proposed by the United Nations of Sol for the mutual recognition of our existence, and all future diplomacy between our states shall be conditional on your agreement to them. I trust these terms meet with your approval?"

19:53 Earth Standard Time, 26th September 2341 CE

After waiting for a few minutes, Minister Nibhanupudi smiled. A trade envoy, was it? Did merchants do diplomacy in the Tagali Federation? If so, their relations were going to be rather friendly. One thing that a post-scarcity society didn't get rid of was human greed, and trade was its best remedy.

"Naturally," she replied, when asked whether the UNS government would be interested in sampling their wares. "However, I believe that I can do better than that. The United Nations of Sol maintains a rather free economy, and its government does not have much authority to purchase foreign goods freely."

She pulled more papers out from her file cabinet. A much, much thicker pile of papers than the treaty that they just signed. When the Minister learned that the Tagali diplomats were also trading merchants, she had the paperwork prepared. Now, it was going to come in useful.

"These," said Minister Nibhanupudi, gesturing to the stack of paperwork, "are your landing permits for the St. Petersburg Spaceport for 0600 Earth Standard tomorrow, and your permit to keep your vessel there for a week - seven Earth days, that is. We have already paid for the necessary fees for both, so you will simply have to show up at the right spaceport at the right time. Consider it a courtesy of our government. The procedure of landing there is identical to that of Orbital Spaceport Luna. Your vessel will dock at the orbital spaceport, and an elevator will take you and your cargo down to the surface. Since the United Nations of Sol maintains an open economy, you will be free to descend and sell your goods at Earth itself, as long as you are willing to pay the relevant taxes. I trust that this meets with your approval?"

Zoblus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoblus » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:35 am

The Greater Gambia wrote:
Zoblus wrote:Odanai let his mind and body fall at ease. Motioning with one arm towards the human representatives, he spoke once more, saying:

Yol Van screeched.

"That proves nothing! You have the word of a capture Pirate! They will say anything to save their own hides! Hardly words that should be taken as fact." By this point, Councilor Lahira was growing impatient. As a mesh of jeers at the Lekhassan came from the Scra'Shn section, Lahira finally snapped.

"Enough!" She yelled before quickly regaining her composure.

"Representative Odanai, an investigation will be dispatched on the matter. The FIS will find the truth."

Odanai bowed courteously before the Councilor Lahira, the bells on his horns jingling softly. Rising, he spoke softly to her, saying:

"O Councilor, on behalf of my people and justice, I thank you. I shall have word sent back to Kath and the Tetrarchs of the impending investigation, so that it may go as smoothly as possible, so that the truth may be revealed."

Bowing a second time, Odanai turned swiftly back towards the Lekhassan section, head held high as he gave a few side glances towards the Scra'Shnn and their representative Yol Van. A small grin began to sneak unto his face as he rejoined the other 196 Lekhassan representatives in their section.

He couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

Lekhassan Tetrarchy,
Kath, Mazand System
Tetrarchs Palatial Manor

As the sun began to set upon the Lekhassan homeworld of Kath, the four Lekhassan Tetrarchs were in the midst of concluding diner. On a huge balcony overseeing the magnificent metropolis of Thanicaea, the Tetrarchs dined. Strange aromas flowed all around them from the multi colored flowers and plants that abounded, succulent foods gone in seconds as the sun began to slip beneath the horizon, and vibrant sounds bustled about, a holographic choir singing for their pleasure. A cool, welcoming breeze, easing in from the east, swirling and mixing the plethora of scents, accompanied the last morsels of food as they made their way past the lips of Xoratos the Fat, a well deserved epithet. Raising with a thick hand a napkin from the lap of his emerald robes, he wiped his alabaster face clean of the juices of the Ghosran Jubin steak he had finished devouring, letting out a huge sigh as he did so. His immense horns, almost disturbingly straight and erect, swayed slowly as he repositioned himself in his seat.

"We most definitely need to import more of those Jubin steaks," he bubbled, patting his stomach," they were divine."

"Oh, we most definitely should," chimed Obodas the Navigator," along with more of that Jajjan Fire Wine. I've never had anything so sweet in all my life."

The teal-skinned Obodas sighed, letting his head fall back as he reminisced on the alien drink. His massive, black beard swayed a bit in the breeze, mimicking the movement of his long, curly hair. Jutting, corkscrew like horns extended from the curls, topped off by red, feathered caps. His great, curved nose flared as the breeze blew in once more, a great collection of wondrous scents along with it.

"While the Jajjan Fire Wine was decent," interjected Shazarra the Red," I don't necessarily believe we should import more of it. The Tsanqu Nectar, on the other hand, is well worth the effort."

The golden robes of Shazarra fluttered loosely, her thin frame hidden beneath the vast folds of gilded fabric. The last few rays of light bounced majestically off her round face and robes as the stared off into the sunset, her mind locked in memory. Her braided locks swayed meekly, as did the small streamers that adorned the tops of her horns, as the ever so gentle breeze came in once more. The ribbed towers stood proudly above their owner, announcing voraciously her power and status.

"We shouldn't waste our time on such trivialities," coughed Odanai the Elder," there are more important things to consider."

The withered, bronze skinned man rose slowly, his satin red robes shinning dimmer as the last rays of light finally disappeared from view. His balding head felt the cool sting of the breeze as it finally began to die down with the sun, his immense horns looking even larger with the lack of hair. The tiny bells jingled softly, their owner moving ever so gently towards the door back to the interior of the palace. Waving a wrinkled arm, Odanai said:

"For example, we desperately need to find more performances from this choir, their voices are beyond comparison or description."

"Here here," belched Xoratos, glass raised into the dark air," I couldn't agree more."

Odanai shuffled back to his seat and joining the other Tetrarchs, raised his glass as Xoratos made a short toast.

"May we soon see our storerooms overstocked with the most savoury foods, the sweetest of drinks, and the most angelic music, for who else but we deserve such things."

All the glasses were emptied in seconds, each of their heads thrown back exaggeratedly as the drinks slipped past their lips. Putting his glass down first, Obodas refilled it again, raising his cup towards Odanai and saying:

"And may your son be successful in swaying the Councilors to come to our aid in dealing with these pirates. The sooner they lie dead and gone, the sooner we may sleep easy once more, the sooner we may see our storerooms full once more."

He immediately downed the drink as Odanai let out a quick chuckle. The other tetrarchs needed not a better reason and quickly swallowed more wine.

"I am confident that he shall be successful," Odanai chimed, a smile on his lips," he is one of the most capable men among our people, which is why I now ask you all to consider what I am about to propose."

"Let us hear it," sung Shazarra," and I beg of you, please be brief, it's starting to get cold."

Odanai nodded in agreement, and cleaning his throat, said:

"The issue with the pirates, while something we can easily resolve, has shown something I had hoped we had surpassed. We are spread too thin."

He let the words register with the others before continuing.

"We lack the manpower to properly guard and defend ourselves, as well as the leadership to organize a proper defense, if needed. So, here is what I suggest. We can either 1.) Attempt to raise the population and recruit heavily, 2.) Ask the Federation for more troops to defend our territories, or 3.) Focus our attention on quadrupling production and importation of combat automatons."

"And where does your son come in to play in all of this?" asked Xoratos.

"If we pick between the first option or the third option, our forces will be massively enlarged, but they will lack proper leadership. You all are extremely familiar with how gifted and talented Odanai is, it should be easy to see that if we go down either path, there is no one better than he to lead our forces."

There was a brief pause as the Tetrarchs mulled over the idea.

"Of course, we could also let the Federation deal with our security problems and let them garrison more troops within our territories. Let the Scra'Shnn be among the ones guarding our trade."

Obodas coughed and standing from his seat, urged the others to do the same.

"It's getting awfully cold out here, let us move back inside."

As they started to move towards the door, he spoke to Odanai, saying:

"We shall think it over in the morning, my dear Odanai, it is far too late now to make such heavy decisions. But you have many valid points and you have made us think, talk to you in the morning, my dear."
Last edited by Zoblus on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Khalil Gibran

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:22 am

Plzen wrote:- Snip -

09:00 Earth Standard Time, 24 September 2341 CE
Grand Marshal Maelstrom (Alpha 01-1), Lieutenant General Bastion (Alpha 01-3)

Perhaps one of the major things that would catch the UN Ambassador off guard was that the Dynasty Representatives were not human, but were in fact Identical Sentient Androids who were the most influential and most senior ranked Masaki Guardians that helped maintain the existence of the Old Masaki Dynasty, they were veteran members of the Alpha Squadron, the organization created by Kazuko's predecessor to maintain the continued integrity of the Dynasty's infrastructure. While Alpha 01-3 stood with his hands clasped behind his back, Alpha 01-1 sat, his metallic elbows upon the table and his fingers intertwined patiently as he listened to the Minister speak, he could tell by her voice patterns that she was unaware that the Dynasty held an understanding of National Sovereignty, something that gained his attention after the Minister finished speaking.

"The Old Masaki Dynasty already understands the concept of National Sovereignty, for we have maintained the concept for thousands of years, as well as establishing a policy based around isolationism, but that does not mean we are not trained in the ways of diplomacy, the First Grand Warlord designed us for a multitude of purposes including combat situations, diplomatic communications, and politics." Grand Marshal Maelstrom explained, his voice remaining steady and calm as he continued speaking with relative ease "Allow me to make this known, we did not expect to encounter a nation such as your own in our expeditionary mission, but we only came to this quadrant of the Milky Way Galaxy in search for a certain faction that was responsible for sparking conflict in one of our own systems, destroying a prized warship without mercy while we offered them numerous chances to begin a peaceful dialogue with us, we were not the ones to start conflict with them." Alpha 01-1 decided to keep the name of the Cho'dosian Covenant a secret, coming to the conclusion that due to the relatively close proximity of the UN and the Covenant suggested that they may have interacted beforehand.

"That explains the reason why we brought such a large fleet with us to this quadrant of the Galaxy, initial Ion Trail Reports suggested that this fleet moved from the Reserdan System to a sector within this quadrant of the Galaxy, but the trail dissipated before we could directly locate the offending fleet." What next irked the First Among Equals of Alpha Squadron was the Ambassador stating that the UNS was displeased by the Dynasty's "demonstration" of Military Strength and stating that if continued incursions were to take place, they would be viewed as an invasion force "Allow me to inform you that our demonstration of Military Strength was a necessity in the event that we located the hostile entity that attacked our fleet, the order of an Incursion Fleet being dispatched to this quadrant of the Galaxy was delivered by the Supreme Commander of the Dynastic Army himself, do not try and assume that we will continue sending Incursion Fleets to your territory haphazardly, we take security of our personnel, commanding officers, and even fleets very seriously, and we will consider every avenue before we set off on exploration missions into systems that we have not yet explored."

Alpha 01-1 wanted to make a point to the Ambassador: the Dynasty was not ignorant of the standard military procedures or diplomatic shortcuts, they knew what to do and what not to do. Maelstrom turned his attention to the sheet of paper before him, which peaked his curiosity somewhat, from his viewpoint, the document made it sound like the UNS was one of the weaker military powers in this quadrant of the galaxy, that or it was for insurance against the Dynasty but either was, as the First Among Equals, Alpha 01-1 had innate knowledge of the Dynasty's technological capabilities and how to remotely manipulate them from long range, but instead of doing anything to protest, Alpha 01-1 signed the agreement: Grand Marshal Maelstrom: Masaki Unit Alpha 01-1, Primus Inter Pares of the Dynasty's Alpha Squadron and soundly handed it back to the ambassador.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:50 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Orbit of Esil IX
Esil System
Consensus Space

Bail Xanata nodded in response to what Paoamc said, in agreement. They did need to learn more of each other as sovereign civilizations and differing species. Bail sat down at the table in the meeting room as the ambassadors did the same. Bail smiled a small, welcoming smile. Hopefully, things would work out. The Consensus would rather avoid anything messy for as long as possible. Bail supposed he should talk first, then. He began thinking of a question, with some members of the Consensus and Directorate giving him ideas.

"I suppose there are only a few basic questions I need to ask. First, where would your territory and borders be relative to our own? Second, is your species Psionic? Third, is it alright if you share some basic information on physiology for your species? It might be important if you need to eat before you go to meet the Directorate.", Bail finished. Basic questions, but that was all Bail could decide on.

Esil System
Paoamc took a moment to respond as he considered the questions asked and pulled out a small screen device.

"Well, according to our mapping system we are about ten thousand light years to the East from this system. I do not know the boundries of your species and thus I cannot comment on our territory relative to your own. We are not psionic exactly, but we can sense things. I believe you would call it empathy," Paoamc calmly answered before noticing the urgent message that was blinking on his communication device.

"If you may excuse me, I have to returned to my ship... Urgent matters... but my comrades, Koaariy and Ja'o, can answer any other questions that you have. If it is a long trip food may be a good thing, and I should either have this matter taken care of or an officer in my place."
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Damverland
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:37 pm

The High Capitol, New Barrlyn

Greater Jerminia

The Chosen Representative of The People, or the CRTP stood on the podium. It had been a stressful month for the GR, dealing with the who's and what's of the various problems that so eagerly presented themselves upon the Republic's government. The end of last month had begun the voting for Bill 241-SA1, "The Final Solution to The Tsylvi Question". Over 41 billion men and women voted upon the matter, with 7 billion abstaining, it was the largest non-election vote in the history of the Grand Republic. This time was a time of mass chaos everywhere across the Grand Republic, as various factions, groups and parties cut through each other like rabid dogs fighting for a leg-bone. The major players of the month, the Organization For the Freedom of Xenos Citizens and the "Masters" fought against each other. The OFFXC had to make true organization into a full group while the Masters, as many put them, needed not for this as they were already large enough not to need organization into a full group. The OFFXC were led by the Coalition of 16, a, well, coalition of 16 settled border systems that were mostly anti-slaver and wanted slavery of any sapient species, human or xenos, outlawed everywhere. Now, over one million people gathered within the High Capitol, a massive, 2 mile large government complex, the very heart of the government.

The CRTP cleared his throat, and began to read the paper in front of him. After saying some throwaway speeches about liberty, rights and duty, he finally came to the poll results. "Now, men and women of the Grand Republic, you have all been waiting for what has been waited for the past month. We will see the results, beginning now." Above him the screen began tallying the results of each sector.

Hochland Sector, 61% pro-ownership, 34% anti-ownership, 5% abstained... New Sachsen Sector, 87% pro-ownership, 11% anti-ownership, 2% abstained... As the tallies went on, and each sector was listed, various people across the Grand Republic held their breath. The OFFXC grew nervous as each sector gained the pro-ownership majority, while the anti-ownership vote lagged behind severely. Meanwhile the Masters held a smug grin on their face, knowing their victory would be secure.

As the votes went on, it soon became clear... this fight was not going in favor of the OFFXC. They had made some successes in several sectors, but now it came down to one. Finally, the last hope for the OFFXC all boiled down to the final sector. "Hoffnungland." This was it. All or nothing. The OFFXC would need at least an 86% majority (or less, depending on the abstainers) over the Masters to offically become the victors of the referendum.

"Hoffnungland Sector. 45% anti-ownership... 4% abstained... and 51% pro-ownership!" Across the Grand Republic, billions of people roared in cheering and celebration, while the OFFXC and the Tsylvi weeped. "The referendum has announced it's victor; slavery will stay under the legalization of federal law!"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lurudburg, New Stuttgart

The OFFXC and the Coalition of 16 was furious. Quite furious indeed. They had just lost their only chance at the freedom of the Tsylvi, and in the process also lost any hope of reforming the Grand Republic from the Lorderist ideals that had dominated the nation for over two centuries into a more democratic nation, reminiscent of Germany from the 21st century. The leaders of the Coalition called an emergency meeting in Lurudburg, the capital of the planet of New Stuttgart and the HQ of the Coalition of 16. Through the night they fought and argued, trying to figure out what their stance would be now.

Now, the the leaders of the OFFXC had amassed large amounts of wealth, and used this wealth to buy as many Tsylvi slaves as they possibly could in the millions, in an attempt to save as many Tsylvi lives as possible from the torment of other slaveholders. Then, this made them remember their ultimate decision. They decided with their ultimate stance; leave. The Coalition of 16 issued that their stance would be to leave the Grand Republic and rejoin the UNS, as well as freeing all the Tsylvi slaves under their protection. They knew they would have to face conflict with the Grand Republic, and they knew they couldn't do it without being certain of the result. So, they sent several ambassadors to the UNS, to speak with the government there, for the potiental of leaving the Grand Republic...

The Moscow Metro Red Line
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Moscow Metro Red Line » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:44 pm

Enforcement Division 200 Offices - Level 21 - Enforcement Division 200 Section - Ministry of Public Welfare Enforcement Division Headquarters - Government District Novok - Rator III
========ImageKera Kera========

----Liberators? Or Conquerors?----

<Galactic News - Spindle Liberation - Opinion>

As the war in Spindle and the Xaei Union comes to a close, there is a question lingering in my mind. What are the motives of the intervening powers for the liberation of Spindle? Recent information suggests that the Orso Military is committing genocide against Xaei military and civilian centers. Without a second thought, Orso soldiers are killing both soldiers and civilians without a second thought. This unrelenting slaughter and destruction of the Xaei People only puts their future motives and actions into question as they show their true colors on the galactic stage. It seems that the Orso military does not care what it is killing but rather how many of it they are killing. The broken streets flood with blood as the fighting continues.

While the Chos'dan Covenant is mainly active in Spindle borders, their current political situation suggests that this will be the beginning of many "liberations". Their military capability seemed to allow their conquest of Xaei occupied Spindle to go mostly unchallenged. The latest news regarding the Spindle Front is that the Covenant have reached the Spindle home system with the Xaei occupational government near collapsing under this defeat. Covenant Navy High Admiral Gir is leading the assault with success and ground forces have been deployed on Puriel.

There are rumors regarding revolutionaries within the Xaei Union which contributed to the downfall of the current government of the Xaei Union and the successful operations between the two intervening nations. These revolutionaries also collaborated with the Spindle resistance who were able to meet their goals to liberate their country.

However with the war drawing to the end, it is clear that the Chos'dan Covenant and the Orso Empire desire to expand their borders into the core. It would not be surprising if there is a pro-Covenant or pro-Orso government in the future with clear leanings toward the "liberating" country. It is clear from their aggression that we can expect more imperialist ambitions from the two galactic nations.

Knowing the bloody state of the galaxy, I am glad to live in the ASR under the Prophet System. If only the rest of galaxy implemented the Prophet System, all wars and local conflicts were cease entirely. There would be significantly less crime as potential criminals are caught by the thousands daily and not bothering society with their malicious intentions. It is also a relief that our military and government leaders who have been tested and selected by the Prophet System, do not have these same aggressive ambitions as other leaders in the galaxy. They all have healthy PHIs and desire nothing more than what is best for the nation itself. Perhaps the reason why a nation like the Orso Empire would refuse the Prophet System is because they are all criminals who would be considered threats to society by the Prophet System itself.

Related News: Rumors of Reemergence of Old Empire

It's strange how there is alot of news about the galactic events and yet tourism and travel abroad is heavily restricted. Perhaps it is just to show how the ASR is better to live in than other places in the galaxy. I've read the stories online about people leaving the ASR only to return after they said how broken and immoral the Galaxy was. Perhaps it is these stories that keep our bubble from popping....

Mhai wondered this after she read the article from Kera Kera. It was her favorite news site and the one which she trusted the most. She would read the site on a weekly basis on a day-off but today seemed like a good time since Terik seemed to be using his spare time reading about galactic events. Meanwhile Sarine was playing a game based on the AniHolo she just watched. From over her monitor, Mhai could see the start-up screen coming on in Sarine's monitor. The title of game read: Depths of the Void: The Ostian Chronicles. It was some sort of battlesuit type game from what she could tell. Sarine was furious typing into her keyboard and her mouse as the battlesuit displayed in front of her maneuvered frantically and fired its weapons at some large beast. Mhai got up from her chair and walked over to Sarine's desk until she was directly behind Sarine.

"I take it you must really like this particular AniHolo." Mhai said aloud as Sarine continued playing. Sarine did not look up from her game and continued pounding the keyboard furiously as the battlesuit swerved upward and began firing its gun from above the battlefield.

"Try talking to her later." Sirol spoke to Mhai from his desk. Mhai looked around to see Sirol pouring himself some coffee from his coffee-maker into one of his mugs. He took a sip before speaking again. "She's very focused on her game at the moment. Only a few few things are going to snap her out of it should you desire."

"Like what?" Mhai asked.

"Turning off the power to her monitor is a start." Sirol replied and then chuckled. "Going to piss her off though."

"All she does is play games and watch AniHolos all day." Terik responded furiously as he swiveled his own chair to face Mhai and Sirol. "Perhaps if she was reading more relevant things like Law Codes and Galactic Events, she would be a better citizen. Speaking of which, what is your favorite news source? I like the Shaar Nen. They just report what happens and leave the commentary for later."

"The Shaar Nen? Mind as well read the government news given by the MPW." Sirol replied with slight disgust. "I'd rather hear multiple opinions regarding the things I hear about then just stay alongside the official line of the government. I mean what is the point of freedom of speech if all we do is stick to one opinion the whole time?"

"Very true, we should be fortunate that we enjoy freedoms, comforts and safeties that other nations cannot afford. I hear that the Orso Empire is a cesspit of corruption, immorality, and violence." Terik spoke proudly.

"Your loyalty to the nation is shocking naive." Sirol responded and shook his head. "I still don't know how you manage to be considered a latent criminal with that kind of unwavering loyalty."

"It is because my one lapse of judgement that I find myself in this situation. I resolve to never to fall for the same trap again! That is why I have stayed ferociously loyal as I have to this today!" Terik yelled passionaetly and stood up from his chair. He clenched his right hand into a fist and raised his right arm above his head. His arm then curved to make a V shape between his head and his body. This was the military salute of the Selinian Military.

"Have you finished your reports?" Mhai asked quickly as she sensed tensions raising between the two enforcers.

"Kyyya! I'm going on a break!" Sarine said as she paused her game and took off her headphones. She took one of the packages of instant noodles and opened it. She then got up and began to walk over to Sirol's desk before Terik stood in front of her.

"You have been on a BREAK since you came in this morning. Shouldn't you get to your paperwork?" Terik yelled furiously at Sarine who instinctively covered her ears with her free hand.

"I'll get to it eventually." Sarine spoke calmly and walked around Terik towards Sirol's desk. She grabbed the pitcher that was on the hot-water heater and poured the water into her package of noodles. "No need to break your neck over it."
Last edited by The Moscow Metro Red Line on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Timezone: Pacific Time (UTC - 08:00)

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Plzen wrote:
19:53 Earth Standard Time, 26th September 2341 CE

After waiting for a few minutes, Minister Nibhanupudi smiled. A trade envoy, was it? Did merchants do diplomacy in the Tagali Federation? If so, their relations were going to be rather friendly. One thing that a post-scarcity society didn't get rid of was human greed, and trade was its best remedy.

"Naturally," she replied, when asked whether the UNS government would be interested in sampling their wares. "However, I believe that I can do better than that. The United Nations of Sol maintains a rather free economy, and its government does not have much authority to purchase foreign goods freely."

She pulled more papers out from her file cabinet. A much, much thicker pile of papers than the treaty that they just signed. When the Minister learned that the Tagali diplomats were also trading merchants, she had the paperwork prepared. Now, it was going to come in useful.

"These," said Minister Nibhanupudi, gesturing to the stack of paperwork, "are your landing permits for the St. Petersburg Spaceport for 0600 Earth Standard tomorrow, and your permit to keep your vessel there for a week - seven Earth days, that is. We have already paid for the necessary fees for both, so you will simply have to show up at the right spaceport at the right time. Consider it a courtesy of our government. The procedure of landing there is identical to that of Orbital Spaceport Luna. Your vessel will dock at the orbital spaceport, and an elevator will take you and your cargo down to the surface. Since the United Nations of Sol maintains an open economy, you will be free to descend and sell your goods at Earth itself, as long as you are willing to pay the relevant taxes. I trust that this meets with your approval?"

Yaliza looked over the stacks of paper. These humans were primitives indeed. If this is how they did record keeping, who know how they managed anything else. However, this boded well for Federation wears. Nothing these Humans could make would compete with the advanced technology of the Federation. Yaliza gave a bow to the Minister, the common custom of the Tagali.

"I thank you for your generosity."

The Next Day....
St. Petersburg Starport

Many of the Federation goods had been unloaded off of the ship. It was a collection of various things from around the Federation, from livestock and exotic pets, samples of raw resources only found in the Federation, and even a few out dated Federation weaponry. Most of them were old Tagali Automatic Mass Driver Rifles, built with Thermal Clips as to comply with Federation civilian firearms laws.

RP's I'm hosting:

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:25 am

St. Petersburg, Earth, Sol System, United Nations of Sol,
Sometime later

When news of the alien arrival in St. Petersburg first came through, the representatives of industry and commerce was interested. Several key corporations and expositions invited the aliens from the Federation and their strange goods for demonstrations.

Some, in fact, made discreet inquiries to the merchants what the price of these goods were likely to be. It seemed likely - very likely, in fact - that by the time the merchants of the Tagali Federation finished selling their first week of samples, they would have enough United Nations Credits in their pockets - or, if they preferred, in the many banks dotting the planet - to pay for their own paperwork on their second trip.

The first inter-species trade route leading out of the United Nations of Sol was just beginning to emerge.

The Fallen Jedi wrote:-snip-

09:02 Earth Standard Time, 24 September 2341 CE

The Minister simply collected the signed sheet from the Masaki diplomats and provided a carbon copy before responding.

"We will, of course, provide the Old Masaki Dynasty with a star chart of our territory, including astronomical and administrative information that we see fit to provide. Naturally, the United Nations of Sol expects all exploratory activity conducted by the Dynasty within the territory of the United Nations to cease. Furthermore, the United Nations of Sol will insist that its neutrality be respected. It is clearly understood that the Old Masaki Dynasty has an enemy in our local region. Very well - we will have absolutely no part of it."

She began to slowly stand.

"In any case, gentlemen, the United Nations of Sol is pleased to make your acquaintance. May our nations enjoy prosperity and peace."

The Minister even managed to say that without sounding ironic.

Damverland wrote:-snip-

Consulate of the United Nations of Sol, New Stuttgart, Grand Republic,
11:17 Earth Standard Time, 09 October 2341 CE

If there was one nation of the galaxy deeply sunk in enough layers piled on layers of paperwork, bureaucrats, and protocol of all sorts for a person to be completely lost in, it was without a doubt the United Nations of Sol. There was a reason why lawyer AIs were so common in the country.

In this case, the service required was so unusual - it wasn't every day that the UNS had an offer of membership from a separatist faction in a foreign nation - that it was not clear exactly what paperwork was even necessary.

"I suppose..." concluded the Consul, after some deliberation, "you'll probably need to apply for an audience with the Minister of Foreign Affairs? I think? Honestly, I don't think this has even happened before in the last century or two."

The Consul took a leave of ten minutes to figure out what was necessary. He came back to the meeting room with one very hefty stack of freshly-printed papers.

"So in order to request UNS intervention in favour of your independence from the Grand Republic, you will need to submit to the General Assembly of the United Nations assessments of the practicality of such an intervention, produced and countersigned by the Ministry of National Defence and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. To acquire those assessments, you will need to apply for them, which, for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, first requires your organisation to be registered as a foreign political party with the Ministry of Intelligence and National Security, then request an audit of your activities for the last two decades, and provide a statement of purpose and intention. To get that paperwork from the Ministry of National Defence, you will first need to request..."

Poor sods, thought the Consul of the United Nations of Sol. Everybody in the UNS had an array of AI assistants to help them with government paperwork whenever it was needed. The average citizen of the UNS never even saw a government form, because all that was handled by the AIs.

Unfortunately, unlike UNS citizens, the Coalition of 16 didn't have access to hordes of AI lawyers familiar with the UNS government.

Dansha
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dansha » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:05 pm

12:35 Sirius Time, 2015 UC, 15 Years before Present Day
Sirius, Arventega System
Continent of Savgral
Far North Defence Line
Astrokan 32nd Infantry Brigade

Snow falls from the sky onto the war torn earth, leaving a sprinkling a layer of snow on top of the ground, the helmets of soldiers standing on the fire steps in the trench and the tops of SPAAGs lined up behind the trench line that stretches all the way to the coast, their guns aimed towards the horizon. Beyond the horizon, the distant echo of cannon fire can be heard, a constant rumble of thunder before suddenly stopping.

Private Dietrich Kahler takes a several deep breaths, trying to steady the aim of his bullpup assault rifle as he rests it on the sandbags in front of him. Looking to either side of him, Dietrich sees his two friends and squadmates, Private Cäcilie Bussler and Private Moritz Niebuhr. After giving his head a shake to get the snow off, Dietrich hears his radio crackle to life.

Scene Theme

"This is 3rd Battalion, we've spotted the enemy! There's thousands of them! A tidal wave of red!"
"This is the 6th Battalion! We've spotted the enemy as well! Thats a lot of hostiles!"

Ahead of him, Dietrich sees the approaching tide of enemies, their ride hide starkly contrasting with the white snow. As the seconds tick by, the tide of enemies gets closer and closer, the things that make up the enemy attack becoming more clear.

"What happened to the 12th Brigade? I thought they were still holding the line?" Moritz asks Dietrich, sounding a bit unsure about himself.

"They've been overrun." Dietrich answers simply. "And now we need to hold out against them."

"Against that many?! That's insane!" Moritz replies. Before anyone could respond though, a broadcast comes through their radio.

"This is Lieutenant Colonel Weitzmann to 1st Battalion, we have confirmed that all forces along the Far North Defence Line are being engaged. I repeat, the entire defence line is under attack. HQ has ordered us to hold the line. Prepare to engage the enemy."

Moritz goes quiet, bringing his focus back to the enemy which is has gotten much closer, the sound of the enemy storming over the torn up earth already being heard. Along their section of the defence line, the 1st Battalion ready their weapons, prepared to hold the line to the last soldier. As the red wall of enemies gets within 600 meters of the defence line, the SPAAGs aim straight at the enemy, waiting for the order to open fire. As the enemy passes the 450 meter mark, a transmission comes over the radio.

"All units—Open Fire!"

In an instant, the air is filled with lead and the only sound being the rattle of machine guns, autocannons and assault rifles firing continuously at the endless tide of enemies, hundreds of the enemies being mowed down by weapons fire and mines with the SPAAGs doing much of the work. But the red creatures keep coming in their thousands, over the minutes slowly getting closer and closer to the trench line.

"Are we going to die here?...No, I can't think like that. We will survive this, I'm sure of it!" Dietrich thinks to himself as he loads a new magazine into his rifle before continuing to fire on the Tank-class coming at the trench line. For a while, it seems that they will be able to hold on, then...

"This is the 3rd Battalion of the 65th Infantry Regiment, we're being overrun by the enemy. I repeat, we are—GAAAH!"
"Grappler-class!? We can't take those out! Wait, look ou—!"

"...Maybe I spoke too soon. Damn it...!" He corrects himself, as Grappler-class come into view amongst the red tide, towering over both Tank-class and SPAAGs alike. Their thundering steps can be heard clearly, drowning out the sound of weapons fire from the defence line as they approach, their numbers becoming apparent.

"I can count at least 350 Grappler-class amongst the enemy! We don't have the weapons to take those out! We're done for!" A soldier near by shouts in terror, now cowering on the ground.

"Soldier! it is your duty to fight and die for the people of Astroka, so that others do not need to! So, if you want to die, then die standing like a soldier of the Republic of Astroka!" Cäcilie tells the soldier while she reloads.

"You're right, it is my duty." The soldier responds before standing up and aiming his rifle at the Tank-class. "Lower lifeforms, let us the people of Sirius show you what we are capable of! We will retake our world from you and wipe you out! Now, Die!"

The soldier then opens fire, joined by the guns of the the rest of the 1st Battalion, the soldiers fighting with a renewed fervor against the enemy advance. But, even that won't help against just how outmatched they are now. And soon enough, the enemy gets within 40 meters of the trench line, Grapper and Tank-class about to overrun the 32nd Brigade.

Dietirch continues firing on a Tank-Class that is advancing on his, Moritz, Cäcilie's and the rest of the squads position. Rifle rounds hit the creatures red hide, but are simply unable to hurt the monster as it nears them.

"Well, this is the end for us." Dietrich says to no one in particular as he continues to unload rounds on the approaching foe.

"Guess I won't see home again..." he thinks to himself as the Tank-class looms over them.

"N-no! Get back!" Moritz screams at the thing as everything suddenly goes into slow motion as the red, bulky form of the Tank-class that was about to kill them is killed by a shell, its remains crumpling. Everything then goes back to normal, the roar of jet engines audible over everything else. Then, the tall, metal forms of mechs land in front of the trench line, assault cannons spewing death at the horde of enemies.

New Scene Theme

"Are those MACS?" Moritz asks in confusion, trying to get a good look.

"From the emblem and colour scheme, they are League Argent-12s of the 2nd Squadron Reavers, 139th Tactical Armoured Regiment." Cäcilie answers as the other soldiers cheer. "It seems we've been saved."

"Yeah." Dietrich responds before Lieutenant Colonel Weitzmann comes over the radio.

"1st Battalion, this is Weitzmann, I have received orders from command for us to withdraw along with the rest of the 32nd. The Far North Defence Line is no longer tenable. We are leaving Savgral. But, we will return to this place one day, I assure you."

"Let's go. We have no reason to stay." Dietrich tells the others before climbing onto the other side of the trench line along the other soldiers of the 3rd Battalion, tired and beaten. Alongside them, the SPAAGs drive along, their crew silent as they all head for the rendezvous point.

"H-hey, wait up! Don't just walk off!" Moritz complains as he and Cäcilie chase after Dietrich.

Meanwhile, as the withdrawal order for the 32nd Regiment is announced, the MACS of the 2nd Squadron engage the enemy, deftly moving in between Grappler-class as they turn them and Tank-class into shreds with Type-66 assault cannons and Type-35 swords. With every swing of a sword and every burst of cannon fire, hundreds of Tank-class and dozens of Grappler-class die, cutting a swathe through the enemy.

"I seems we got just in the nick of time for these guys." Reaver-3, Lieutenant Kine Mathiesen speaks out loud to the rest of the squad as her two Type-66s tear apart a swarm of Tank-class.

"They were lucky. Karson and his squadron reported that when they got the part of the defence line the 2nd and 3rd Battalions of the 23rd Brigade were at, the bloody lower lifeforms had already overrun their defences. It wasn't pretty." Reaver-1, Captain Paxon Willman replies as he cuts down a Grappler-class with the Type-35 in his Ardent-12's left hand. "SPAAGs torn open, soldiers being devoured, you get the idea."

"And then there is the withdrawal order for all forces along the Far North Defence Line. I guess it simply isn't practical to defend this place anymore." Reaver-2, Lieutenant Angeline Bachelet speaks up, her Ardent-12 nimbly moving through the enemy horde, twin Type-35s slicing apart any enemy they come across.

"Anyway, lets finish whats left of this force and pull back to the RV as well. Understood pilots?" Paxon announces, his sharp voice reaching the entire squadron.

"Yes, sir!" All the pilots answer before moving into high gear, the 12 MACS of the Reavers wiping out the rest of the enemy force in short order. They then pull back, flying over the 3rd Battalion 32nd Infantry Regiment among other retreating forces.

Over the next several days, everyone remaining in the far north are evacuated to the continent of Arvel north of Savgral. After the evacuation, the forces of the Republic of Astroka, Federation of Kildan and People's Republic of Esdal are absorbed into the League of Nations military due to their homelands being lost. Meanwhile, soldiers from the various surviving infantry brigades such as the Astrokan 32nd are screened for possible pilots of League MACS. Among those who end up becoming pilots are Dietrich Kahler, Moritz Niebuhr and Cäcilie Bussler from the 3rd Battalion of the Astrokan 32nd Infantry Brigade. Out of all the soldiers screened, only 15% were able to become pilots while the rest would have their brigades either kept as full strength infantry brigades such as the 32nd Infantry Brigade or combined into new ones such as the 176th Brigade.

Several years later in 2019 UC, the BETA as the enemy are known, launch an invasion of Arvel. Over the course of the Invasion of Arvel, the League and the nations of Arvel successfully push back the invasion, but not without heavy losses with over 15 million dead. Several pilots make their mark on the battlefield during this invasion, afterwards being assigned to the newly reformed 9th Squadron Avengers of the 139th Tactical Armoured Regiment. Leading the 9th squadron is Avenger-1, Captain Moritz Kahler along with Lieutenants Moritz Niebuhr and Cäcilie Bussler, who are Avenger-2 and Avenger-3 respectively. The rest of the squadron is also made up of soldiers from the 32nd Regiments old 3rd and 4th Battalions who were able to become pilots.
Last edited by Dansha on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

True Refuge
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby True Refuge » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Lord of Ruin, Michael Saldana
Tranquillity, Pacem System, the Ruin

Michael ushered the Kavanaghs to their seats with an empty smile plastered across his face. The shock of the appearance of the sisters was beginning to wear off, letting him open a link with Tranquillity as they made themselves comfortable.

There was nothing in the reports about this, were there?
None at all, Michael. Tranquillity replied sadly. I thought as you did, that the Program was hiding something from us. I didn’t expect them to be in this state…
I have a feeling they’re not supposed to be here. Put the guards on alert.

In the lobby, a sharp order from Tranquillity would see the group of Infiltrators tense up as the grip on their sub-machine guns tightened ever-so-slightly. A situation was evolving in relation to the guards, Tranquillity said, be on watch. The elite soldiers would do very well, and a quick look with affinity let him know they had very little fear pounding through them.

He mirrored the girls’ movements and sat down in a single plush chair. The Kavanaghs sat closely together. Another sign of something he would inevitably find out and have to deal with. “Your impromptu visit is a pleasure,” he said in an attempt to make small talk. “Syrinx and Oenone tell me you two enjoy sightseeing.”
“Of course!” Genevieve replied happily. “Syrinx is such a great captain, we got to see all of Estia’s asteroid belts, the Duke…”

Michael smiled as the excitable child went on and on about her wondrous adventures in Oenone’s bridge. Such wonders had already described to him by his equally cheerful niece, who did indeed make an exemplary tour guide. Indeed, Pacem’s lone gas giant, the ‘Duke’, was beautiful to look at. Bright colours, storms, all the things that young children dropped their jaws at. Eventually, Genevieve ran out of breath and stopped to gasp. Before she could continue, Michael raised a hand.

“A most interesting story, Genevieve.” She beamed at him, lost in her own world. “I am wondering about a few things the Program seems to have forgotten,” he continued. “Exactly how old are you?”
“Thirteen, Mr Saldana,” she chirped. Michael nodded, and turned his head sightly. Louise was also lost, it seemed. Hands laid gently over her legs, fingers entwined tightly, and eyes glazed over. “Louise?”
The elder girl did not respond. The Lord of Ruin repeated himself, and Louise jolted. “Sorry?”
“He wants to know how old you are,” Genevieve giggled.
Louise deflated further in front of Michael’s eyes. “Seventeen,” she muttered.

Children, Michael spat over affinity. Children, abused by the Hellhawk Program. The Prime Overseer needs a lesson in ethics.
You were the one who broke ethics by commissioning unauthorized biotechnical experiments without proper transparency and procedure, Michael, the habitat chided back. Also, Captain Meyer has requested the High Diplomat to be dispatched to Estia.
For what reason?
He says for a first contact.
Another one?
Yes. A merchant envoy,
Send Madeline right away. Time is now of the essence.

Only a few seconds had passed, and no one had moved. Michael sprung up and casually walked to one of many cupboards. With a dramatic flair he swung it open, revealing carefully and neatly arranged stacks of packets.
“Would you like some biscuits?”
Genevieve looked like she had never been happier.

High Diplomat Madeline Nadir
Tranquillity

Your presence is requested in Estia by Captain Meyer. Captain Duchamp and his voidhawk Elia are now preparing for departure.
Madeline sighed. Another mission, barely days after the last. Just as she was enjoying sleeping in on a day she would usually be relaxing on. Then again, Michael had always preached the requirements of a High Tactician when she had ascended to the position so long ago. Always on call, always alert, always ready for anything. For quite a few of her colleagues, that meant being prepared for big battles and such in the Zhong Vey War. In her case, it meant always ready for boring conversations through rudimentary translation routines in the middle of nowhere whenever a small-time pirate or criminal showed up.

Her job was decidedly less exciting than the high and mighty space-commanding Aleksandrovich, but she kept the only-human bitching to a minimum. At least the High Tacticians had the respect to not jeer like children on a playground, although she had caught the High Admiral taking a glance or two. She’d enjoyed that. There was also amazing job of playing PR firm and planning all the press conferences, news stories and such, but that was worse in some ways. Both the clever and the amateur journalists sometimes blamed her if something went wrong at a conference. After all, she organised it!
Tranquillity prodded her once more with its everlasting patience. She grumbled vaguely at the habitat as she swung her legs over the side of the bed. Her husband slept heavily to the side, snoring a little.

Leave a note for him, Tranquillity? she asked the personality as she felt herself smiling.
Of course, High Diplomat.

Quickly discarding her sleepwear, Madeline chose a nice and costly business suit for the meeting. The Lord of Ruin’s policy: In public, you wear your official uniform or a suit. Nothing else. The suits were provided by some research program or other, tailored by bitek servitors with all the genetic engineering for a cloth worker. The fabric, cotton, was composed of a lovely dark blue pinstripe jacket, white shirt and a chokingly tight but perfect black necktie. A throwback to Kulu’s Golden Age fashion that did an alright job of matching her long brown hair and fairly tall stature. A quick glance in the bathroom mirror revealed sparkling eyes and only the tiniest amount of wrinkles, laugh lines and the like. A quick application of various makeup covered those up.

Middle age was going well for her, she had to admit. She still got catcalls from drunkards, and a few teetotallers too, a bright thought that saw her out the door of her starscraper apartment, down the elevator and into the vac-train station on a lower floor. She smiled brightly at the passerbys that recognised her, waving where it was necessary as she made her way onto the train. Hands were shaken and conversation was made. As the station quickly faded away, the names of the pedestrians went with it.

In only a few short minutes, the vac-train screeched into the larger terminals at the hawks’ spaceport. Essentially a collection of several dozen large landing pads, hawks arrived and departed by swallowing in and out of the habitat. Elsewhere, non-bitek starships docked in a boring, generic manner. The black swallow spheres were a beautiful sight to some, and Madeline darted around those standing around in such admiration. The familiar streamlined shape of Elia was only a short distance away, and the High Diplomat was brought on board in good time. She offered a brisk no-nonsense hello to the captain and crew before collapsing into a seat.

"Have any coffee?"
The captain seemed startled at her request. "No, sorry."
"Damn it."
A slight rumble rocked through the bridge as Elia’s distortion field lifted them off, and through Madeline’s body as withdrawal kicked in.
Captain Meyer & Udat
Estia System
A short time later…

The Elia is here, Udat said, breaking Meyer out of his boredom-induced stupor. Nothing much had happened, except from the adrenalin wearing off. The crew had been quiet in their anxiety, and the captains’ banter had been incredibly subdued after the Stryla’s reprimanding of its captain. The chatter that starred on almost all hawks would eventually return, but not for a little while.

Meyer shook his head back and forth to get rid of the sluggishness. Does the High Diplomat want coffee?
Udat paused to converse with Elia. She’s been complaining about the lack of it since they departed Tranquillity. Elia is tired of it.
With a beckoning of the hand, Meyer called a technician over to the captain’s chair. “Prepare two cups of coffee, please,” he ordered flatly. “Both black, one with a teaspoon of sugar.”
The technician gave him a surprised look before rushing off to meet his demands.

Remind me why we have coffee on board, Udat?
When we were first flying out together, the blackhawk recalled, the new crew became stressed and brought some on board. I had it replenished yesterday. I suppose the High Diplomat is worried as well.
Why can’t she be like the Lord of Ruin? Have you ever seen stress on that man’s face?
No, but Syrinx has. He’s always stressed. Shouldn’t you be preparing a message proclaiming our representative’s arrival?
Oh, right.

Another order was given, and the foreign ships were notified with as a simple message they could muster. “How’s the translation routine progressing?” he asked the crew.
“For a preliminary conversation, it’ll get better as the conversation goes on,” someone replied.
“Good.”
The technician reappeared suddenly, two steaming cups in hand. Meyer took them and thanked him. Call Elia for docking, he told Udat, I’ve got to enjoy a coffee with the High Diplomat.
COMMUNIST
"If we have food, he will eat. If we have air, he will breathe. If we have fuel, he will fly." - Becky Chambers, Record of a Spaceborn Few
"One does not need to be surprised then, when 26 years later the outrageous slogan is repeated, which we Marxists burned all bridges with: to “pick up” the banner of the bourgeoisie. - International Communist Party, Dialogue with Stalin.

ML, anarchism, co-operativism (known incorrectly as "Market Socialism"), Proudhonism, radical liberalism, utopianism, social democracy, national capitalism, Maoism, etc. are not communist tendencies. Read a book already.

Alinora
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:31 am

- ATLAS -

Unknown Regions | Deep Space

Lieutenant Admiral James P. Potana listened to the conditions, and already knew that any meeting between the two groups would not be very friendly if Atlas boarded them in such a manner. "Tell the Marines to hold off" he ordered, pulling on his nose. "And turn away our primary ship cannons - there's no reason that we need to approach with such hostility." The massive vessel's heavy weapons began to turn away from the unknown ship, and while smaller ones remained focused, it was a sign of good faith from Atlas. Potana got on comms with the ship and began to speak.

"Apologies for the hostilities, gentlemen, but we can never be too certain. Our hangar's are open - you may send a shuttle with a diplomatic team. They will not be harmed or mistreated in any way, I assure you."

Orbit of Sarita II | Sarita System | Selinian Space

Sarita II: a tropical planet filled with coastal resorts and carefree people, and a major tourist destination for citizens all over the Republic. It was a place of relaxation, filled with the rich and the carefree, but today it would become a place of terror and tragedy, all for the furthering of Atlas' goals. From the darkness of space, three Frigates with Atlas insignia would exit FTL and immediately activated their stealth drives. On the bridge of one of the frigates, the Adriatic, Commander Daniel Maxson coordinated the scrambling Atlas personnel.

"Marine personnel to the shuttle bays" he said over the intercom. He turned to Specialist Adam Lawinsky and began to give orders. "Activate cyber-warfare sweeps."

"Yes, Commander." The Specialist then began to hack through the firewalls. A few moments passed, and the Specialist clapped excitedly. "We're in - all communications from the resort are blocked and routed to us. Though, I don't know how long we're gonna be able to keep this up before planetary security realizes the inconsistency and goes to investigate, so you should get down there and... and get it done as quickly as possible." Daniel sighed and nodded, then darted his way down to the docking way and boarded Falcon Dropships and began to descend to descend towards the surface.
Last edited by Alinora on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ordei
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ordei » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:52 pm

Ordei - The Empire of the Sun
Hyen System
The Forward Operating Star Dreadnought O.M.S. Ordei X

Grand Admiral Lord Vish’kor was boldly walking down one of the bulkheads of the O.M.S. Ordei X, tail swaying behind him to give him perfect balance. Behind him, two lieutenants aboard the vessel, and an intern that Vish’kor had taken a liking to were interacting with virtual information, hands moving about. The Royalty-ascended. oble liked to walk through the ship, instead of using the onboard teleporter, or the mover - it allowed him to think, and let him release stress.

“Sir, the fleet is separating into three groups at the Galactic Division Border, and preparing for our first endeavor outside of our Blackened Region.” The intern spoke softly in the Grand Admiral’s native tongue, something he had recently downloaded because of his new position. He was a young Restonian boy clad in lightly colored silk, with rather attractive features. Only about 16, he had worked hard to get the only internship offered on the official flagship of the entire empire.

The admiral remained silent, giving only a nod, the group of four approaching a door that silently scanned the admiral without any notification of such aside from a vocal telling. He inhaled deeply when the door opened, and walked through it, feeling a slight breeze as it sanitized him. Every other door did the same, as well as scanning air samples - things in the Empire always had more than their original purpose.

“Lieutenant Freif, prepare the command board.” Vish’kor commanded, keeping the attractive Restonian by his side. A personal intern was important to Vish’kor - Arek was his responsibility to train, educate, discipline, care for, and prepare for the future. Vish’kor had Arek download a data file on how to prepare the command board as the two of them made way to the right of the room.

This room, it was one of seventeen major war rooms aboard the Ordej X, with over a dozen smaller ones used to command the Empire’s fleets as well. It was a particular room, it being the Grand Admiral's personal war room, and thus having things such as a decanter wasn’t odd. The ship Vish’kor commanded was a command and control vessel, and the war rooms were used for everything from combat simulations, to planning a mining operation, to commanding drones via remote control, to watching battles, and just about everything else. However out of the thousands of operations run daily in the empire, only 18 were run from the Ordei X at any single time, with a maximum of 29 being possible.

After pouring himself a glass of Restonian whiskey, Vish’kor turned and walked over to the table in the center of the large war room. The war room, outfitted with everything from units used to control things from afar, to sophisticated encryption, was being used in a limited capacity. Vish’kor’s right hand rose, and his implant commanded three separate naval groups to be projected in interactive hardlight.

Vish’kor watched the three groups of four ships moving through space; each one had a cruiser, two frigates, and a corvette - one type of traditional compositions of ships used for exploration. One of the systems being explored was inhabited, and more information was to be gathered on the individuals living there. The Ordeians wanted to see how the lack of radiation in this part of space, which was much more life-friendly than the Blackened Regions, influenced life.

Scanners were thriving since the Outer Galactic Division Barrier wasn’t blocking the Ordeian vessels from the Brightened Regions. The Galactic Division Barrier was the only sensory issue for the Ordeians - for others, however, the entirety of regions occupied by the Ordei, referred to as the Uncharted Regions by outsiders, stopped sensors from working well until you got where you were headed, unless you had the piece of hardware that could prevent this. Already the scanners had picked up a great many cultures, and the Ordeians made note of systems rich in resources.
I'm currently on a mobile. Please excuse any shortness, typos, and errors.

The Moscow Metro Red Line
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Moscow Metro Red Line » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:22 pm

Prios Floating Town - Sarita II - Sarita System

The Sarita System was close to the edges of Selinian administrated space. Pirate Activity was very minimal in this section of Selinian administrated space due to the infamous Sarita Incident. The Sarita Incident was covered up by the Selinian Government due to the brutal executions of the pirates by the MPWED. It is one of the very few incidents that are known outside of the ASR but fervently denied by the government. However it is because of that reputation that pirates tend to avoid this sector of space. Piracy incursions into the ASR are commonplace but they never get any further from the border due to the quick response units created by the Selinian government. Very deliberately the border systems of the ASR are left unoccupied and uninhabited to leave the intruder with a false sense of security. In reality, the moment an intruder enters the ASR they are as monitored as the people of the Republic.

Sarita II is perhaps one of the most well known planets in the ASR both at home and abroad due to its reputation as a resort world. Images of its golden beaches, pristine floating settlements on the blue oceans, and numerous flora on the continents inspire envy and serenity. Of course only ASR citizens are allowed to visit the system and no foreigners have ever been to this system in what seemed like eternity. Foreigners in the ASR are either unwelcomed guests or recent immigrants into the ASR. Sarita II has three large continents which dot the surface. The planet is kept in a pristine and safe condition by the government who wants to keep their little paradise as perfect as possible.

Prios is one of the many floating cities on Sarita. It lies on pompously named Sapphire Ocean which is one of the two named oceans that cover Sarine II. Prios is known for its fishing and sealife tours. The whole town was balanced mix of housing and commercial blocks with each block having access to an ocean view. There was a large ring around the town which was both a port for the ships, the aircraft and a breakwater. However these floating settlements are often very isolated settlements which adds to the promise of escape from everyday tedium. Today was any normal day for the floating town of Prios. Numerous Selinians were walking in the open daylight, enjoying the warmth of the sun and having a relaxing vacation.

Aehkhifv Ehhelih was walking into one of the well air-conditioned commercial blocs in Prios. This particular commercial bloc was called Slageko Pier. This bloc specializes in seafood restaurants and fishing gear which made it a very popular and busy location. The inside of the commercial bloc was wide and spacious with a glass floor which showed the ocean water below. Every shop was open and there were many patrons walking inside the commercial bloc. There were also numerous lit signs which advertised numerous things such as food and fishing accessories. Aehkhifv looked around until he saw a Selinian with a bald head and a prominent gray beard.

"Miral! Miral!" Aehkhifv yelled at the top of his lungs as he walked up to this particular Selinian. The man he yelled to looked at him and waved at him.

"Aehkhifv! It is truly good to see you. How long as it been since we last talked?" The two men approached each other and gave the other a firm handshake.

"Three years. Three too long years."

"I heard your daughter became an Judicator. Shame she wasn't assigned her with me on Prios."

"Yes. She was offered other jobs which I insisted on but she wanted to be an Judicator in the Enforcement Division."

"Yes, let us talk in the restaurant. Othan's Trove is the best restaurant on Sarita II which serves the best tasting Sartian Eel stew. It will be my treat. After all I am off duty at the moment."

Meanwhile....

When the dropships ascended lower into the atmosphere of the planet, an automated feminine voice immediately began speaking to them. "Attention. You have not provided proper clearance codes to enter Sarita II. Your current craft is not registered on the official starship database of the Ministry of Public Welfare. Your PHIs are beyond healthy levels. Please report to the nearest office of the Ministry of Public Welfare Enforcement Division for treatment options. This is a message from the local office of the Ministry of Public Welfare. Have a good day and keep a healthy PHI. This message will repeat in fifteen minutes."
Last edited by The Moscow Metro Red Line on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Timezone: Pacific Time (UTC - 08:00)

The New Earth Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Earth Federation » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:56 pm

Ordei wrote:Ordei - The Empire of the Sun
Hyen System
The Forward Operating Star Dreadnought O.M.S. Ordei X

Grand Admiral Lord Vish’kor was boldly walking down one of the bulkheads of the O.M.S. Ordei X, tail swaying behind him to give him perfect balance. Behind him, two lieutenants aboard the vessel, and an intern that Vish’kor had taken a liking to were interacting with virtual information, hands moving about. The Royalty-ascended. oble liked to walk through the ship, instead of using the onboard teleporter, or the mover - it allowed him to think, and let him release stress.

“Sir, the fleet is separating into three groups at the Galactic Division Border, and preparing for our first endeavor outside of our Blackened Region.” The intern spoke softly in the Grand Admiral’s native tongue, something he had recently downloaded because of his new position. He was a young Restonian boy clad in lightly colored silk, with rather attractive features. Only about 16, he had worked hard to get the only internship offered on the official flagship of the entire empire.

The admiral remained silent, giving only a nod, the group of four approaching a door that silently scanned the admiral without any notification of such aside from a vocal telling. He inhaled deeply when the door opened, and walked through it, feeling a slight breeze as it sanitized him. Every other door did the same, as well as scanning air samples - things in the Empire always had more than their original purpose.

“Lieutenant Freif, prepare the command board.” Vish’kor commanded, keeping the attractive Restonian by his side. A personal intern was important to Vish’kor - Arek was his responsibility to train, educate, discipline, care for, and prepare for the future. Vish’kor had Arek download a data file on how to prepare the command board as the two of them made way to the right of the room.

This room, it was one of seventeen major war rooms aboard the Ordej X, with over a dozen smaller ones used to command the Empire’s fleets as well. It was a particular room, it being the Grand Admiral's personal war room, and thus having things such as a decanter wasn’t odd. The ship Vish’kor commanded was a command and control vessel, and the war rooms were used for everything from combat simulations, to planning a mining operation, to commanding drones via remote control, to watching battles, and just about everything else. However out of the thousands of operations run daily in the empire, only 18 were run from the Ordei X at any single time, with a maximum of 29 being possible.

After pouring himself a glass of Restonian whiskey, Vish’kor turned and walked over to the table in the center of the large war room. The war room, outfitted with everything from units used to control things from afar, to sophisticated encryption, was being used in a limited capacity. Vish’kor’s right hand rose, and his implant commanded three separate naval groups to be projected in interactive hardlight.

Vish’kor watched the three groups of four ships moving through space; each one had a cruiser, two frigates, and a corvette - one type of traditional compositions of ships used for exploration. One of the systems being explored was inhabited, and more information was to be gathered on the individuals living there. The Ordeians wanted to see how the lack of radiation in this part of space, which was much more life-friendly than the Blackened Regions, influenced life.

Scanners were thriving since the Outer Galactic Division Barrier wasn’t blocking the Ordeian vessels from the Brightened Regions. The Galactic Division Barrier was the only sensory issue for the Ordeians - for others, however, the entirety of regions occupied by the Ordei, referred to as the Uncharted Regions by outsiders, stopped sensors from working well until you got where you were headed, unless you had the piece of hardware that could prevent this. Already the scanners had picked up a great many cultures, and the Ordeians made note of systems rich in resources.

Listening post 308, Edge of NEF space, Alpha sector

"SIR! We have incoming FTL signatures!" yelled a radar officer, the High captain in charge of the outpost walked over and looked at the radar officer

"Numbers?"

"Unknown"

"Mm......send the 3rd and 4th battlegroups to investigate"

"Yes sir"

Later
Two battlegroups of frigates (about six ships) then dropped out of slip space near where the unusal FTL readings. They slowly moved in with weapons at the ready, they where told to expect the unexpected.
Last edited by The New Earth Federation on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tech Level: Mid FT, 2898
Militaristic, imperialistic, multi species spacefaring nation, not based on Earth
Captial: New Earth, Arcadia system
WE DONT USE NS STATS, PLEASE USE FACTBOOKS Telegrams are always welcomed, don't worry I don't bite.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:The Gnositon ground forces soon followed suit after the NEF Troopers landed. Amongst them are the 17 story tall Colossi that incinerate swarms of smaller enemies with their thermal lances, and the well renowned Disruptors that destroy entire formations with energy spikes. But most numerous are the Sentinels, veterans of a thousand campaigns, and the Instigators, deadly and mobile range support troops.

Hive City

"Copy, 3rd Squad! To me!" He said lifting up is rifle and pointing forward soon the survivors of 3rd squad rose up out of the craters and regrouped with their sergeant. A fire team of Paladins could be seen walking across the battlefield, two held the standard issue Paladin rifle while the thrid one held the Paladin machine gun, they where laying down a wall of fire. After all they where shooting .50 cal and .65 cal rounds. Amy xenomorph that stood in their way was immediately gunned down, their body riddled with large and destructive holes.

Orbit

The fighting was growing fiercer as the ground troops pushed further into the hive, several destroyed hulks of NEF ships could be seen floating round it was grim reality that it took this many ships to finally push forward and bombard the planet. The High Captian winched as he saw a frigate get destroyed by one of the xenomorph ships, it was slightly larger then the standard NEF frigate however, he wasn't sure what class it was I could be their frigates or maybe a destroyer. But he really did care as he wanted they alien ship dead, he turned to the weapons officer

"Fire on enemy ship on our starboard side, elevation 45 degrees!"

"Yes sir! Adjusting HK cannons and point defense systems!"

The High Captian turned back around to find that the two of the Heavy Kinetic cannons and a few point defense cannons where firing on the xenomorph ship, the large iridium-tungsten slugs pounded across the side of its hull then followed up by several thin beams of plasma form the point defenses. A smile crept across the High Captian's face it was good to see so many rounds hit the side, some say that he might have a love for explosions but who in the NEF didn't have a love for explosions?

Soon enough, the final Hive City was eliminated by the combined NEF and Gnositon forces. The threat of a xenomorph swarm infesting the rest of the sector was now non-existent, and ships could pass the area safely without worrying about space monsters attacking them out of nowhere...

"High Captain, it was an honor to fight at your side. May this battle from the foundation of the incoming alliance of our sovereign nations..."

Meanwhile, back in the NEF Capital, Kultzavon "leaned" back, though there was nothing to lean on except for thin air.

"Now Chancellor, with the hideous xenomorphs destroyed, ships can now pass the area safely. We still have this traitor around, but that can be dealt with later... We can now assume that there is now an alliance between the two of us now, jah?"
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse