NATION

PASSWORD

New Frontier OOC (Superhero, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:39 am

Wilderam wrote:Is it admissible to have more than 6 points worth of powers, assuming that:
- These additional points are split into sections, and no two sections are able to be active at the same time.
- The character has no control over these power fluctuations
- There are stronger-than-normal (Looking at the other apps) disadvantages to using these powers.

I have a character idea, but if this isn't allowed I could work around it.

Could you elaborate more? It sounds like your character has two powers that they switch between?
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

MightyQuinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby MightyQuinn » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:16 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:Actually I was going to start my characters in Seattle.

That works for me, too. I will just edit a little.

Edit for Seattle completed.
Last edited by MightyQuinn on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wilderam
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilderam » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:48 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Wilderam wrote:Is it admissible to have more than 6 points worth of powers, assuming that:
- These additional points are split into sections, and no two sections are able to be active at the same time.
- The character has no control over these power fluctuations
- There are stronger-than-normal (Looking at the other apps) disadvantages to using these powers.

I have a character idea, but if this isn't allowed I could work around it.

Could you elaborate more? It sounds like your character has two powers that they switch between?

Pretty much. I don't really need it, and could probably do without, but I thought it might be interesting to have a character whose powers change randomly.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:11 pm

Wilderam wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:Could you elaborate more? It sounds like your character has two powers that they switch between?

Pretty much. I don't really need it, and could probably do without, but I thought it might be interesting to have a character whose powers change randomly.

So then your character can't control the power switch?

Wilderam
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilderam » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:37 pm

Wilderam wrote:

So then your character can't control the power switch?

Nope. I think I mentioned that earlier. It might just be a random switch, which I can put in places inconvenient for my character, or it might, say, be one power during the day and one at night.
But yeah, the character won't be able to control it.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:46 pm

Wilderam wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:So then your character can't control the power switch?

Nope. I think I mentioned that earlier. It might just be a random switch, which I can put in places inconvenient for my character, or it might, say, be one power during the day and one at night.

That sounds pretty unique and reasonable. I'll allow it as long as you don't become OP from it.

Wilderam
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilderam » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:05 pm

Wilderam wrote:

That sounds pretty unique and reasonable. I'll allow it as long as you don't become OP from it.

Ok. If I feel I'm becoming too OP, I'll just increase my character's weaknesses.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:09 pm

MightyQuinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby MightyQuinn » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:29 pm

Cool.

Love the Mystery.

On to my character's concerns.

Has Mishima Hana, Codename: Yūrei (Ghost), with her eidetic memory, EVER read any detailed Unity info on Arclight and the Unity Pacific Northwest Heroes? If they are something that she might have to contend with, then she needs to be able to plan on how to avoid or neutralize them.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 pm

MightyQuinn wrote:Cool.

Love the Mystery.

Has Mishima Hana, Codename: Yūrei (Ghost), with her eidetic memory, EVER read any detailed Unity info on Arclight and the Unity Pacific Northwest Heroes? If they are something that she might have to contend with, then she needs to be able to plan on how to avoid or neutralize them.

Official records that are classified? I think not. Arclight is famous though so she has probably heard about him and his exploits.

The other heroes, especially Friction, or less well known.

MightyQuinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby MightyQuinn » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:43 pm

MightyQuinn wrote:Cool.

Love the Mystery.

Official records that are classified? I think not. Arclight is famous though so she has probably heard about him and his exploits.

The other heroes, especially Friction, or less well known.

Okay. Was hoping as time spent in Internal Affairs might provide more info. Any non-classified info will be appreciated. Like what gangs has he fought against and such.
Last edited by MightyQuinn on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wilderam
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilderam » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:13 am

Pretty much the finished product for evaluation. I tweaked the THZM a little bit and added a new power. Sorry for the measly bio and likes/dislikes, I'm not very good at that sort of stuff. Hopefully I manage to fill out any gaps in the IC.

Name: Lucas
Codename: Clouded Crystal
Sex: Male
Physical Appearance:
Unity or Rogue: Rogue
Powers: Telekinetic Heat Zone Manipulation {6} (Anyone got a better idea of what to call this?) / Solid Illusion Creation {6} / Violet Aura
Operative or Attuned:
Weakness: Potential self-freezing (THZM), Potential perception distortion (SIC), lehtargy (VA), Little emotional control, Weak to temperature fluctuations, Relatively weak physical condition.
Detailed Description of Power:
- Telekinetic Heat Zone Manipulation: Basically, Lucas can heat a spherical zone of air in his hand, and physically manipulate these zones (As thought they were, say, a rubber ball, with a similar weight) without harm. He can also manipulate them telepathically, with a slightly lower amount of strength, while they are within fifteen meters of him. The zones cannot radiate heat, or absorb radiated heat, but will diffuse their heat on physical contact, sometimes in a blast, and sometimes in a direct forward motion. If a sphere gets more than 100 meters away from Lucas, or his power changes, it will simply dissipate into ambient heat, though not violently. He can also consciously cause this to happen even when the spheres are within 100 meters of him. However, whenever Lucas creates one of these zones, some of his basic body heat is drained. Zones also drain his body heat whenever he manipulates them telepathically. This drained heat cannot be recuperated under any circumstances until an hour later. This drained heat is proportional to the temperature of the summoned heat zone, and it's size. Lucas has average body heat, and is just as susceptible to cold-related conditions (Hypothermia, death, to name some of the obvious ones) as anyone else.
- Solid Illusion Creation: Slightly simpler, Lucas can summon entirely solid illusions within a 10-meter radius of himself, so long as there are no solids or liquids inhabiting the location (Gasses are fine) and some form of visible light is present. These objects have to be defined completely in his mind (i.e he can't just imagine a gun, he has to imagine all the mechanisms.), and act as a solid at all temperatures, with no expansion or compression. When summoned, they inherit the temperature of whatever they replaced. When impacted or damaged, a strain is put on Lucas's mind, similar to a headache, with the pain proportionate to the force inflicted on the illusion. He can either "Fight" this headache, and while doing so the illusion will not be damaged (Though the headache will get worse), or he can just let it dissipate into whatever it was before. As for chemical reactions, the illusions act as a superior solid to everything, unless it would typically damage a metal, in which case see above (For damage). If the illusions get more than 10 meters away from Lucas, they dissipate. He can also do this manually. Every time Lucas summons an illusion, his mental perception is progressively decreased, and his vision, hearing, ecetera can begin to "flicker" or hallucinate. Eventually, he will fall unconscious. When his power switches, all of his illusions will vanish, and any mental effects will wear off over the next minute.
- Violet Aura Whenever Lucas's Violet Aura is active, a wispy, faint, purple cloud surrounds him. He can manipulate this aura in different ways, thickening it to hide himself (Not that you can't see him, but all somebody will see is a cloud of purple gas. He's somewhere in the center) or confuse others, using it to heal himself, using it to protect himself by slowing down projectiles (For example), or to lacerate anything inside the aura with tiny cuts, though not microscopic. He can also manipulate the aura in any way, though it cannot become a physical object. However, whenever he does anything other than basic manipulation (Like healing, cutting or protecting) it will use up the aura, making stuff like camouflage less effective, and reducing the power of subsequent usages, and making him increasingly, and incessantly, tired, sleep, caffeine, or no. When the power switches, however, all of this tiredness goes away, along with the aura.
- Power fluctuations: In short, his powers will change randomly, without his consent. They can also, however, change whenever his emotions do, or when he undergoes any similar mental change. Occasionally, strange side affects can be observed around these changes.

Bio: Lucas's father was one of the original unity superheroes, who received his powers before the ban on children. However, as his father was an operative, rather than an attuned, a strange side effect of this is present in Lucas's powers, causing them to randomly change. When the ban on children was implemented, it put quite a strain on his parent's marriage, resulting in a divorce, leaving Lucas in the hands of his mother. A few years later, his powers first manifested. It was in a relatively crowded street, when the young boy began to get a headache. He asked his mother if he could sit down, but her answer was interrupted by a fiery nova of superheated light. 9 People were killed, including his mother and 12 others injured. Lucas, however, could only stand, shocked at what had happened. Unhurt, in the center of a destructive blast. It took several minutes of waiting for someone to notice him that he realized that he had become invisible. After an hour or so, this effect had worn off, which found Lucas kneeling in an alley, around a kilometer away from the explosion, crying. Since then, he has done his best to avoid crowded civilization testing his powers and using them to survive in remote areas.
Dislikes: Crowds, superheroes.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz4Pad4 ... lNJ2AOFc2K
Last edited by Wilderam on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:46 am

Wilderam wrote:Currently, a WIP. I've pretty much finished the powers (Sorry I didn't do a very creative contrast), and I'll do the bio and other stuff later.

Name: Lucas
Codename:
Sex: Male
Physical Appearance:
Unity or Rogue: Rogue
Powers: Telekinetic Heat Zone Manipulation {6} (Anyone got a better idea of what to call this?) / Solid Illusion Creation {6}
Operative or Attuned:
Weakness: Potential self-freezing (THZM), Potential Perception distortion (SIC), Little emotional control, Weak to temperature fluctuations, Relatively weak physical condition.
Detailed Description of Power:
- Telekinetic Heat Zone Manipulation: Basically, Lucas can heat a spherical zone of air in his hand, and physically manipulate these zones (As thought they were, say, a rubber ball, with a similar weight) without harm. The zones cannot radiate heat, or absorb radiated heat, but will diffuse their heat on physical contact, sometimes in a blast, and sometimes in a direct forward motion. If a sphere gets more than 100 meters away from Lucas, or his power changes, it will simply dissipate into ambient heat, though not violently. He can also consciously cause this to happen even when the spheres are within 100 meters of him. However, whenever Lucas creates one of these zones, some of his basic body heat is drained. This drained heat cannot be recuperated under any circumstances until an hour later. This drained heat is proportional to the temperature of the summoned heat zone, and it's size. Lucas has average body heat, and is just as susceptible to cold-related conditions (Hypothermia, death, to name some of the obvious ones) as anyone else.
- Solid Illusion Creation: Slightly simpler, Lucas can summon entirely solid illusions within a 10-meter radius of himself, so long as there are no solids or liquids inhabiting the location (Gasses are fine) and some form of visible light is present. These objects have to be defined completely in his mind (i.e he can't just imagine a gun, he has to imagine all the mechanisms.), and act as a solid at all temperatures, with no expansion or compression. When summoned, they inherit the temperature of whatever they replaced. When impacted or damaged, a strain is put on Lucas's mind, similar to a headache, with the pain proportionate to the force inflicted on the illusion. He can either "Fight" this headache, and while doing so the illusion will not be damaged (Though the headache will get worse), or he can just let it dissipate into whatever it was before. As for chemical reactions, the illusions act as a superior solid to everything, unless it would typically damage a metal, in which case see above (For damage). If the illusions get more than 10 meters away from Lucas, they dissipate. He can also do this manually. Every time Lucas summons an illusion, his mental perception is progressively decreased, and his vision, hearing, ecetera can begin to "flicker" or hallucinate. Eventually, he will fall unconscious.
- Power fluctuations In short, his powers will change randomly, without his consent. They can also, however, change whenever his emotions do, or when he undergoes any similar mental change.

Bio:
Theme Song:

Sounds good so far.

Wilderam
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilderam » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:09 am

Finished the app. See above.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:07 am

Accepted then.

MightyQuinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby MightyQuinn » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:43 am

TFGR, I could write just about anything, but could you provide some events or news that might help motivate new actions?

Wilderam
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilderam » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:33 am

Trying to think of a post.
Main problems being:
A: My character doesn't like densely populated areas.
B: At the time of this post, all I know about the geography is what a preliminary look an Google maps told me.

Anyway, hopefully I can figure something out soon-ish.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:11 am

IC post coming soon.
Would've posted sooner but was busy.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:48 am

Wilderam wrote:Trying to think of a post.
Main problems being:
B: At the time of this post, all I know about the geography is what a preliminary look an Google maps told me.

You don't have to be in Seattle.

MightyQuinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby MightyQuinn » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:31 am

Wife is busy tomorrow. Will post. Thinking of investigating organized crime in port of Seattle.

Wilderam
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilderam » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:26 pm

Wilderam wrote:Trying to think of a post.
Main problems being:

You don't have to be in Seattle.

Well...
Since we only have three non-op players, I feel it would be best for everyone to be in a similar area. So, while I don't have to be in Seattle, it would proabably be detrimental to the story if I'm not there within my first few posts.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Wilderam wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:You don't have to be in Seattle.

Well...
Since we only have three non-op players, I feel it would be best for everyone to be in a similar area. So, while I don't have to be in Seattle, it would proabably be detrimental to the story if I'm not there within my first few posts.

It's detrimental to the story if it also causes you to not post.

Ragutsa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ragutsa » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:52 pm

Hello, Mind if I join the RP?
If I'm allowed to ask, what do you use to rate the points your power uses?
find the prize
nope

Nicely done
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀ JUST KIDDING
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄ SPOOKED BY THE SPOOKY SKELETON
░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:50 pm

Ragutsa wrote:Hello, Mind if I join the RP?

As a rule of thumb things humans could do with training are 1 point, things that are upgrades of human physiology are 3 points, and things that are completely inhuman are 6 points.

But you can ask about specific powers also.
Last edited by The first Galactic Republic on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragutsa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ragutsa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:00 am

Ragutsa wrote:Hello, Mind if I join the RP?

As a rule of thumb things humans could do with training are 1 point, things that are upgrades of human physiology are 3 points, and things that are completely inhuman are 6 points.

But you can ask about specific powers also.

controlling a specific metal would be 6 points, right?
find the prize
nope

Nicely done
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀ JUST KIDDING