NATION

PASSWORD

Plight of the Soul: Ruins of Albion [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:04 pm

Crash survivor application

1) Nation name: Benuty

2) Character name: Francis Abbot

3) Life before the crash?

His parents had come from the Peoples Republic in 1978 during a diplomatic exchange program, but ended up staying in the states due to the atomic war which occurred some time after. In 1981 he was born while his parents were living in an evacuation camp within Pennsylvania, but by the late 1980s they managed to afford moving in to one of the suburbs of the rebuilt Philadelphia.

His parents got a job within the U.S department of foreign affairs, and went down different paths. Charles Abbot went to serve on the staff of the Ambassador to Norway while Mary Abbot went to the Republic of Japan to serve there. Mary took Francis with him for much of the time until 1993 when she was caught having an affair with a Japanese businessmen. Under U.S law because she had violated the ban on interracial relationships, and committed adultery the divorce was in favor of the father.

Charles, and Francis moved to New Manhattan where he was sent to a private school with children from other nations whose parents were in the city for multiple reasons. His mother having fled the U.S owned island of Okinawa was protected by Japanese law since she had married that businessman.

Charles getting even wealthier off the new stocks from the Peoples Republic made his move, and was appointed as Ambassador of Norway in 1996. From there he has been planning to move to Norway with his son permanently to avoid his mother coming, and taking his son. Because of his parents squabbles Francis grew up introverted, shy, and somewhat nerdy. His grandfather Barry planned to retire, and move to Oslo with them in 1999, but the epidemic changed all that.

Now he heads to the airport with some of his things as he prepares to move into a new home in Oslo. Or so he thinks anyway.

4) Age: 17

5) Description or picture:

Obviously younger with straighter hair, and not so rogueish clothes

6) Mental status: Diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder, and is known to have a very specific set of rituals. Also has anxiety in part due to the OCD. His father has also managed to hide the other more less socially acceptable disorders (homosexuality which mind you is still a mental illness in much of this world).

7) Race, and ethnicity: White, British-American (2nd Generation).

8 ) Sex: Male

9) Occupation: None at the moment, but is the son of the U.S ambassador to Norway.

10) Roleplaying sample: I am the OP obviously.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:06 pm

Done with my application, but need another crash survivor before the IC starts.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:22 pm

Will try to finish my own tonight
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:24 pm

Lancearc wrote:Will try to finish my own tonight

Thanks.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:11 pm

Edited, late at night, hopefully up to acceptance because I'm sapped :p
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:24 pm

Lancearc wrote:
1) Nation name: Lancearc
2) Character name: James Santos
3) Life before the crash?: James Santos was born in the Heartlands of the United States, a smaller farming community in Iowa. The people in his hometown and his parents were ever weary of each other, as suspicions arose over his father's ideological stance. While the other citizens of this small community clung to the traditions and views of the American Dream and the Republic (despite the fall from the Republican tradition that their nation was founded on), his parents raised him in a household wherein he was quietly exposed to the ideas of Marx and other communist revolutionaries because of his father's wish for a Communist America, feeling that the mega corporations of his once beloved home have too long been responsible for this deviation from the path of liberty and all the ill events of the world since the last war, keeping the working class oppressed and in danger of starvation in his eyes. As such, James was a confused and often scorned child for the suspicions cast on his family, but also found it difficult to gain acceptance with his parents when he was seen hanging out with kids whose parents they feuded and passively-aggressively existed with. Throughout his childhood he was quiet and withdrawn because of this, searching for answers and his own identity amidst the confusing world around him.

James came to love books and all forms of literature, reading both recent works that clearly attempted to brainwash him with American Dream propaganda, the communist manifesto thanks to his father (a book that could have gotten him arrested for possessing), and much older works by renowned fiction authors, his favorites being the works of Mark Twain. James never had very many good friends, growing detached from others and cocooning more or less. He fell in love with literature education, reading, and writing his own creations. In his teenage years he spent most of his time doing this, reading over his works over and over, writing subtle commentaries on the conflicts of the world, themes regarding the delusion of this false American dream they lived under, the silliness of the perfect communist world others envisioned. Most of his writings would be banned internationally or civilly as he grew older, but found their way into the hands of daring readers anyway. He became something of an enemy to both sides, neither particularly enjoying the lights in which he painted their ideologies. He still struggled to really find his own, describing himself as a man stuck in the middle but with friends on neither side. He intended to fly to Oslo to collaborate with a long time idol of his, but his flight went down over the British Isles.
4) Age: 27
5) Description or picture: Here
6) Mental status: Sane, quite safely
7) Race, and ethnicity: Caucasian, German-American
9) Occupation: Self employed author
10) Roleplaying sample: Ugh James just back up my reputation don't make me look for links

Not my best but it's quite late, not finished yet either pending an appearance :p

Accepted, and I will get the IC up later today.

Bring any friends if you can.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:24 pm

Lancearc wrote:Edited, late at night, hopefully up to acceptance because I'm sapped :p

You did good.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:25 pm

Benuty wrote:
Lancearc wrote:
1) Nation name: Lancearc
2) Character name: James Santos
3) Life before the crash?: James Santos was born in the Heartlands of the United States, a smaller farming community in Iowa. The people in his hometown and his parents were ever weary of each other, as suspicions arose over his father's ideological stance. While the other citizens of this small community clung to the traditions and views of the American Dream and the Republic (despite the fall from the Republican tradition that their nation was founded on), his parents raised him in a household wherein he was quietly exposed to the ideas of Marx and other communist revolutionaries because of his father's wish for a Communist America, feeling that the mega corporations of his once beloved home have too long been responsible for this deviation from the path of liberty and all the ill events of the world since the last war, keeping the working class oppressed and in danger of starvation in his eyes. As such, James was a confused and often scorned child for the suspicions cast on his family, but also found it difficult to gain acceptance with his parents when he was seen hanging out with kids whose parents they feuded and passively-aggressively existed with. Throughout his childhood he was quiet and withdrawn because of this, searching for answers and his own identity amidst the confusing world around him.

James came to love books and all forms of literature, reading both recent works that clearly attempted to brainwash him with American Dream propaganda, the communist manifesto thanks to his father (a book that could have gotten him arrested for possessing), and much older works by renowned fiction authors, his favorites being the works of Mark Twain. James never had very many good friends, growing detached from others and cocooning more or less. He fell in love with literature education, reading, and writing his own creations. In his teenage years he spent most of his time doing this, reading over his works over and over, writing subtle commentaries on the conflicts of the world, themes regarding the delusion of this false American dream they lived under, the silliness of the perfect communist world others envisioned. Most of his writings would be banned internationally or civilly as he grew older, but found their way into the hands of daring readers anyway. He became something of an enemy to both sides, neither particularly enjoying the lights in which he painted their ideologies. He still struggled to really find his own, describing himself as a man stuck in the middle but with friends on neither side. He intended to fly to Oslo to collaborate with a long time idol of his, but his flight went down over the British Isles.
4) Age: 27
5) Description or picture: Here
6) Mental status: Sane, quite safely
7) Race, and ethnicity: Caucasian, German-American
9) Occupation: Self employed author
10) Roleplaying sample: Ugh James just back up my reputation don't make me look for links

Not my best but it's quite late, not finished yet either pending an appearance :p

Accepted, and I will get the IC up later today.

Bring any friends if you can.

Aye aye, cap'n

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:27 pm

IC is almost up.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Benuty wrote:IC is almost up.

Damn I actually have to post :p

Eager for this one, of course.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:34 pm

Benuty wrote:IC is almost up.

Woohoo! :p
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:10 pm

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:19 pm

Pretty good first post.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:43 pm

Just waiting on the others to post as well.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:56 pm

Benuty wrote:Just waiting on the others to post as well.

Hopefully today, Ben.

Won't be a long post, maybe mid-sized.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:37 am

Gonna be absent from 7th until 11th of July.

Benuty can takes control of Julia if plot-related needed.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:44 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:Gonna be absent from 7th until 11th of July.

Benuty can takes control of Julia if plot-related needed.

Thanks for letting me know.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:45 pm

Waiting for Ort, but will post second post so we can not go inactive.

Halleon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:08 pm

My app is a work in progress. Sorry for the slow application on my side of things.
Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age. -James Joyce

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”-Abraham Lincoln
"Power is a curious thing...Three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man. Between them stands a common sellsword. Each great man bids the sellsword kill the other two. Who lives, who dies? Power resides where men believe it resides; it's a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow."
―Varys to Tyrion Lannister

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:41 pm

Halleon wrote:My app is a work in progress. Sorry for the slow application on my side of things.

Good to know.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:23 pm

I would have hoped Ort would have posted, but a massive post coming in their stead.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse