NATION

PASSWORD

Plight of the Soul: Ruins of Albion [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:17 pm

Will post a list on just how broken the ministry of defense following their failure to contain the epidemic.
Last edited by Benuty on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Halleon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Tag for interest and character app.
Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age. -James Joyce

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”-Abraham Lincoln
"Power is a curious thing...Three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man. Between them stands a common sellsword. Each great man bids the sellsword kill the other two. Who lives, who dies? Power resides where men believe it resides; it's a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow."
―Varys to Tyrion Lannister

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:28 am

Halleon wrote:Tag for interest and character app.

Good to see you.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:50 pm

1) Nation name: Altito Asmoro

2) Character name: Julia Harker

3) Life before the crash?

Well, for starter, she was born in Toronto, in a well-to-do family as her father was a mid-ranked government official working for the Department of Finance. Though lived in a well-conditioned situation, Julia experienced a sense of wisdom on herself with books as her primary hobby. Perhaps the only hobby. However, she was prepared to be a doctor, not necessarily out of hobby and out of the sense that she has to do something for the betterment of the world.

In Canada, things are normal, if tense. Communism threat of an invasion from Alaska is quite a threat, despite no movement from the Soviets, in which the government prepared for the worst nonetheless, expanding scholarships for doctors and other important positions for example. Gained that scholarship despite the richness of her family, nonetheless she spent the times of being student and later, doctor, gaining skills but also curiously intentionally killed patients who were not contributing for the betterment of the world. Being an English Canadian, she never really familiar with the Britain but her family more or less wasn't as accepting as she was, since technically her father was a Briton. Nevertheless it never really affecting her judgment over her own choices.

Her operation was revealed when the latest operation turned out to killed a corrupt mid-ranked official, and in the ensuing tensions, she decided to escaped to foreign countries, preferably Scandinavia. Already bought a ticket, she went inside the plane, hoping she finally able to relieved...

4) Age: 29

5) Description or picture:

6) Mental status: Slightly normal

7) Race, and ethnicity: English Canadian, white

8 ) Sex: She is a female by sex

9) Occupation: Doctor, just fired from the hospital following an accusation (with evidences) that she mishandled an operation that resulted with the death of a mid-ranked government official.

10) Roleplaying sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... #p29078115
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:33 am

Good to see more characters.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:28 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:1) Nation name: Altito Asmoro

Well, for starter, she was born in Toronto, in a well-to-do family as her father was a mid-ranked government official working for the Department of Finance. Though lived in a well-conditioned situation, Julia experienced a sense of wisdom on herself with books as her primary hobby. Perhaps the only hobby. However, she was prepared to be a doctor, not necessarily out of hobby and out of the sense that she has to do something for the betterment of the world.

In Canada, things are normal, if tense. Communism threat of an invasion from Alaska is quite a threat, despite no movement from the Soviets, in which the government prepared for the worst nonetheless, expanding scholarships for doctors and other important positions for example. Gained that scholarship despite the richness of her family, nonetheless she spent the times of being student and later, doctor, gaining skills but also curiously intentionally killed patients who were not contributing for the betterment of the world.

Her operation was revealed when the latest operation turned out to killed a corrupt mid-ranked official, and in the ensuing tensions, she decided to escaped to foreign countries, preferably Scandinavia. Already bought a ticket, she went inside the plane, hoping she finally able to relieved...

9) Occupation: Doctor, just fired from the hospital following an accusation (with evidences) that she mishandled an operation that resulted with the death of a mid-ranked government official.

10) Roleplaying sample: viewtopic.php?p=29078115#p29078115

Anything left that needs edit? The Background story doesn't reveal much over the conditions of the world at the same time but I assume the outbreak is only in UK, right?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Founded: Nov 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ort » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:52 am

This looks interesting, I don't know how I've only just noticed this. Anyway, I'll leave a TAG! for now and post an application later.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:28 pm

Ort wrote:This looks interesting, I don't know how I've only just noticed this. Anyway, I'll leave a TAG! for now and post an application later.

Good.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:32 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:1) Nation name: Altito Asmoro

In Canada, things are normal, if tense. Communism threat of an invasion from Alaska is quite a threat, despite no movement from the Soviets, in which the government prepared for the worst nonetheless, expanding scholarships for doctors and other important positions for example. Gained that scholarship despite the richness of her family, nonetheless she spent the times of being student and later, doctor, gaining skills but also curiously intentionally killed patients who were not contributing for the betterment of the world.

10) Roleplaying sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... #p29078115

Anything left that needs edit? The Background story doesn't reveal much over the conditions of the world at the same time but I assume the outbreak is only in UK, right?

Finally our first crash survivor accepted.

Yes Great Britain is currently under quarantime only. Interesting tidbit of lore Canada is where the British goverment of exile is. So the Britons growing up in royal Canada have a deep distrust of homeland Britons.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:34 pm

Will put in an application for the corporations who still have assets in Britain. Black Crest securities a private mercenary group will play a major role near these areas.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:19 pm

Benuty wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Yes Great Britain is currently under quarantime only. Interesting tidbit of lore Canada is where the British goverment of exile is. So the Britons growing up in royal Canada have a deep distrust of homeland Britons.

Alright, will add the lore to the bio.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Benuty wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Ooh...so the current government in Britain is not the government of exile?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:50 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Benuty wrote:Finally our first crash survivor accepted.

Ooh...so the current government in Britain is not the government of exile?

The royal family fled to Canada. Essentially controlling it, and the remaining loyal colonies.

The government of the Peoples Republic is gone. Its top members either died or comitted suicide when it all fell apart.

Ex-Nation

Postby Ort » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:35 pm

Just for clarification, the British Empire hasn't dissolved in this world, it's just governed from Canada, right? Assuming that the answer to that question is yes, what's the situation In Africa, particularly in relation to Rhodesia and South Africa?

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:10 pm

Ort wrote:Just for clarification, the British Empire hasn't dissolved in this world, it's just governed from Canada, right? Assuming that the answer to that question is yes, what's the situation In Africa, particularly in relation to Rhodesia and South Africa?

While the royal government is run from Canada the empire is shattered.

The South Africans, and Rhodesians are supported formally by the U.S in part because the U.S itself is a segregationist styled apartheid state. The U.S due to warming relations with the now collapsed Peoples Republic essentially agreed to recognize them as the true Britain in 1990.

This naturally angered the Royal government, but the U.S corporations didn't care since this new market opened up immense opportunities.

The government in exile runs a rump commonwealth while a third of the colonies have gone their own way. Another third chose to side with the Peoples Republic for various reasons.

Ex-Nation

Postby Ort » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:22 am

Nation name: The Freihandelsbund of Ort
Forename(s): Dennis, although he's usually called Denny.
Surname: Hart
Life before the crash? Dennis "Denny" Hart was born on the 11th of November, 1949 in Selukwe, a small mining and farming town about 190 miles south-west of the Rhodesian capital: Salisbury. Denny's grandfather, John Douglas "Jock" Hart, was originally from Hamilton, Scotland; the son of a cattle breeder and butcher, he'd emigrated to Rhodesia as an 18-year-old in 1898, and subsequently became an influential rancher, miner and garage owner in Selukwe. Denny's father, Ian Hart, had inherited Denny's grandfather's businesses when the latter passed away and had considerably increased his family's wealth and holdings. In 1967, amidst the Rhodesian Bush War, once he'd turned 18, Denny enlisted in Rhodesia's security forces to fight on behalf of its white minority government against guerrilla insurgents. Although he wasn't particularly fond of war, which is ironic given his future career, Denny sought advancement and applied to joined Rhodesia's elite Selous Scouts in 1974, participating in Operation Long John on the 25th of June, 1976 against two guerrilla bases located in Mozambique and in Operation Prawn inside of Mozambique; the objective of which was sabotaging the railways of FRELIMO (Mozambique Liberation Front, from the Portuguese Frente de Libertação de Moçambique).

Whilst the Lancaster House Agreement established a ceasefire when it was signed on the 21st of December, 1979, Britain's inability to provide a Commonwealth Monitoring Force to oversee Rhodesia's transition due to outstanding circumstances led to its failure and inevitable continuation of the conflict. This renewed conflict began badly for Rhodesia's security forces but once America's right-wing government had dealt with New York's nuclear devastation, they turned their gaze elsewhere and began providing materiel and military support to Rhodesia's white minority government; American military advisers who'd served in Vietnam were particularly helpful in countering guerrilla insurgency. By 1985, with additional South African military assistance, they'd manage to defeat the majority of their opponents and re-establish their authority throughout Rhodesia. During his service, Denny had made the acquaintance of a South African gunrunner, operating from Cape Town, who'd supplied Rhodesia's security forces with vital equipment when they'd been unable to acquire it during a UN embargo that had existed in the conflict's earlier stage.

After receiving an honourable discharge in 1987, Denny managed to acquire several military helicopters; Rhodesia had a lot of surplus armament following the Bush War's conclusion, much of which they'd phased out after receiving better equipment from the US. Neighbouring Angola was engaged in an ongoing civil war, one of the most prominent Cold War proxy wars, and its belligerents required weaponry. With assistance from his South African gunrunner friend, with whom he'd establish an air freight company to facilitate the transportation of arms, Denny sold the helicopters to UNITA (the National Union for the Total Independence of Angola, from the Portuguese União Nacional para a Independência Total de Angola). Denny's nickname, "Sanctions Buster", is due to his being implicated of facilitating the violation of UN arms embargoes in Angola, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and the Democratic Republic of Congo throughout the 1990s. Denny resides in America, often providing assistance to the US government in return for them turning a blind eye to his operation, and was on Transatlantic Airlines flight 947 to Oslo to negotiate an arms deal with a Norwegian far-right group when it was shot down.
Appearance:
Mental status: Denny's relatively sane, or at least as sane as is possible considering his occupation.
Ethnicity: Denny's a "Rhodie"; a white Rhodesian, formerly British, expatriate.
Sex: Male
Occupation: Denny's an international arms dealer and gunrunner.
RP sample: Not my best work but it should suffice.
Last edited by Ort on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:11 am

Our second crash survivor accepted.

Ex-Nation

Postby Ort » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:18 am

Benuty wrote:Our second crash survivor accepted.

Thanks, this is going to be fun. Also, where in Britain did the plane crash?

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:47 am

Ort wrote:
Benuty wrote:Our second crash survivor accepted.

Thanks, this is going to be fun. Also, where in Britain did the plane crash?

Right now the crash is probably going to be in or near the area of Southampton.

A now rotting city full of turned, and survivors fighting over resources. Essentially the city was devastated by both the plague, and the evacuation.

Curiously enough a lot of the robots in the city haven't noticed. Going about serving their masters as if nothing has changed.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:33 pm

Updated the roster.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:37 pm

Anyone please feel free to suggest a faction for the roleplay.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:44 pm

Benuty wrote:Anyone please feel free to suggest a faction for the roleplay.

What about a foreign intelligence agency attempting to destabilize British Isles even more, and terrorist group intending to reverse-engineer the weapon that caused the outbreak for their own purpose?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:25 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Benuty wrote:Anyone please feel free to suggest a faction for the roleplay.

What about a foreign intelligence agency attempting to destabilize British Isles even more, and terrorist group intending to reverse-engineer the weapon that caused the outbreak for their own purpose?

Right now the European Federation for a variety of purposes has interest in the British Isles, and I could see them causing the locals to weaken one another. As for terrorist group I don't see why not, but are the apocalyptic terrorists or ones with goals to pursue?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Benuty wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Right now the European Federation for a variety of purposes has interest in the British Isles, and I could see them causing the locals to weaken one another. As for terrorist group I don't see why not, but are the apocalyptic terrorists or ones with goals to pursue?

Ones with goals to pursue, maybe to establish their own dominion in British Isles, or controlling the outbreak for their own interests?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Benuty wrote:

Ones with goals to pursue, maybe to establish their own dominion in British Isles, or controlling the outbreak for their own interests?

Own goals perhaps since controlling the British isles right now is rather hard given what has just happened to it. The complete, and total breakdown of society tends to do that. I could see them manipulating the outbreak given the tensions between the big three (the U.S, European Federation, and the Soviet Union).

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse