NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us V4.0 [Superhero] (OOC|OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:58 am

Anowa wrote:I'd like if the people directly involved with the events post their tie ups. I'm nearly done with my own post, and I'd like for things to move forward.

Exactly.
All leave ze Island please.
Nazi occupation for one post is coming.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

New Antegria II
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antegria II » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:09 am

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Anowa wrote:There should probably be a small section explaining this in the OP.

There wouldn't be much to explain because the concept is pretty open ended.
It's just that powers like super speed of that degree and teleportation are both powers which could make a very powerful character on their own.
If for example the speed was at peak human ability and the teleportation had a short range and a serious down grade it would be perfectly fine.
But running as fast as Quicksilver and having a better version of Nightcrawlers powers is pushing it.

Talion Union wrote:
Nothing fancy like that. But, I guess you could consider them 'liquid metal', though not really a liquid and more of a million little robots acting as one.

Yes but thats semantics.
So T-1000? Can't make any sort of complex moving parts or electrical stuff? But really good at hammers, armor and blades?
If so accepted.

New Antegria II wrote:
Super Identity: Quantum Spider
Real Identity: Garroth Ro'Meave
Is real identity known to the public: only to few
Hero, Villian, Neutral: Hero
Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... F9bl9pxTZ9
Group Affiliation: None, Citizens of New York
Powers:
  • Teleportation: Range is his line of sight and teleporting where he can't see can kill him if he hits a solid object. Happens instantaneously and can use it once a minute. Too much teleportation (ten in 30 minutes) causes the power to temporarily shut down and gravity to become unstable.
  • Invisibility: Can become invisible to eyesight for as long as he likes. Can't teleport while invisible. Doesn't mask the smell, sound or motion. Constantly feel's like he running while invisible so strenuous work can't be easily done.
  • Wall Crawling: Can adhere to any none slick surfaces.
Equipment:
  • Suit: can protect from low caliber weapons and has a head up display advanced as a smartphone.
  • Modified Tazer
Weakness’s: Strong electromagnetic fields turn off or weaken his powers.
Background:
Garroth is a Student at Elk Creek High School. He was born in Texas, he was born a Child of it's governor, so bullies always thought twice about messing with him or his friends.At Age 12 he was Once given a bet to drink a Glowing Blue Coca Cola and He accepted. He drank the Soda And a day later he couldn't control his speed when running, 2 years later he and his father moved to New York. Then Started going to Elk Creek High he then for some random reason started climbing on walls and he felt a surge through his hand. One day he felt as though something was ripping through his wrist and it did a blue Web looking thing. He was inspired by heroes on the news fighting crime he made a suit(Imagine Spiderman's Suit but The blue part Lighter and it glows)
And so began the story of the Quantum Spider
Summary: Quantum Spider's Existence was all owed to a bet. He Protects the city of New York City. He uses advanced technology to fight villain.

So I'm sorry but I'm just going to recommend the powers but obviously, this is taking a long time.
This RP is for at maximum Green Lantern, Iron Man level characters but with these powers, we are looking at a character that is not only incredibly fast and quick but has all sorts of trick powers that can be used to greaty effect.

Problem with powers
1: Mach 4 speed. Running faster than most combat aircrafts could be your only power and you would be incredibly strong. You can dodge bullets, break a man in half with a punch, and react faster than all but three characters in the thread. This is your first power.
2: Teleportation. Jump ANYWHERE in the world, past nazi defenses, past American guards, past plans and story and do whatever you want. Teleportation needs serious weakness's like needing to see where you going, breaking the user and physics or a range limit. You have none of these. You just say, "I teleport behind the bad guy even though I don't know his coordinates and kill him at speeds faster than a plane."
3: Invisibility. Another power which could be the only power of a powerful hero. Here you have a time limit which is good, but not a time limit on how much longer before he can use it again. Having this and the two powers above is a little bit much.
4: Wall crawling and Web shooting. On it's own fine but it's not on it's own.
5: Suit. No details so I need to assume which a problem in an of itself. Because you're moving at supersonic speeds this needs to be bullet proof or else it will burn up which is a little bit much on top of everything else.

Solution
Powers
  • Teleportation: Range is his line of sight and teleporting where he can't see can kill him if he hits a solid object. Happens instantaneously and can use it once a minute. Too much teleportation (ten in 30 minutes) causes the power to temporarily shut down and gravity to become unstable.
  • Invisibility: Can become invisible to eyesight for as long as he likes. Can't teleport while invisible. Doesn't mask the smell, sound or motion. Constantly feel's like he running while invisible so strenuous work can't be easily done.
General weakness:

Equipment

I'll take em but can I atleast have a Mach 2?
Petrovsky News: 11/19/2017 - General Secretary Иван Петров announced that several agreements have been reached with Zitravgrad, including but not limited to, an Alliance | Petrovsky has applied to become a member of the International Space Federation | Petrovsky has re-applied to become a member of the International Exchange Student Program; 11/20/2017 - Petrovsky becomes a member of the International Space Federation | Petrovsky re-applies to become a member of the International Anti Terrorist Alliance

95% of people would cry if they saw JUSTIN BIEBER on a skyskraper about to jump. If you're the 5% that would be doing a happy dance, copy and paste this as your signature.

Full Member of the International Space Federation

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:11 am

New Antegria II wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:
It's just that powers like super speed of that degree and teleportation are both powers which could make a very powerful character on their own.
If for example the speed was at peak human ability and the teleportation had a short range and a serious down grade it would be perfectly fine.
But running as fast as Quicksilver and having a better version of Nightcrawlers powers is pushing it.

Yes but thats semantics.
So T-1000? Can't make any sort of complex moving parts or electrical stuff? But really good at hammers, armor and blades?
If so accepted.

So I'm sorry but I'm just going to recommend the powers but obviously, this is taking a long time.
This RP is for at maximum Green Lantern, Iron Man level characters but with these powers, we are looking at a character that is not only incredibly fast and quick but has all sorts of trick powers that can be used to greaty effect.

Problem with powers
1: Mach 4 speed. Running faster than most combat aircrafts could be your only power and you would be incredibly strong. You can dodge bullets, break a man in half with a punch, and react faster than all but three characters in the thread. This is your first power.
2: Teleportation. Jump ANYWHERE in the world, past nazi defenses, past American guards, past plans and story and do whatever you want. Teleportation needs serious weakness's like needing to see where you going, breaking the user and physics or a range limit. You have none of these. You just say, "I teleport behind the bad guy even though I don't know his coordinates and kill him at speeds faster than a plane."
3: Invisibility. Another power which could be the only power of a powerful hero. Here you have a time limit which is good, but not a time limit on how much longer before he can use it again. Having this and the two powers above is a little bit much.
5: Suit. No details so I need to assume which a problem in an of itself. Because you're moving at supersonic speeds this needs to be bullet proof or else it will burn up which is a little bit much on top of everything else.

Solution
Powers
General weakness:

Equipment

I'll take em but can I atleast have a Mach 2?

I'd say that Luxa is trying to make you achieve some balance in your character Antegria. Ask yourself if yours weaknesses counterbalance your powers, and that kind of thing.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:16 am

New Antegria II wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:

Yes but thats semantics.
If so accepted.

Problem with powers

Solution
Powers
General weakness:

Equipment

I'll take em but can I at least have a Mach 2?

Mach 1 and to use it you can't have activated any other powers within 10 minutes and can't activate for 10 minutes after use, and large amounts of water mess with his abilites.
Basically have it so that during each fight he needs to choose between Speed, Teleporation or invisiblity. He can have them all but not all at the same time, make sense?

Sorry to be such a hard ass but this group has had power level problem's in the past and I want to avoid that in the future by setting a precedent.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:37 am

We used to have it so that you could, more or less, create anything you wanted, but it ended up with a char arms race with a lot of them becoming completely helpless in the face of the newer designs.

Speaking of, PL, is my design for an academy student (last page) ok?

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:15 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:We used to have it so that you could, more or less, create anything you wanted, but it ended up with a char arms race with a lot of them becoming completely helpless in the face of the newer designs.

Speaking of, PL, is my design for an academy student (last page) ok?

Yes looks fantastic
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

New Antegria II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Antegria II » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:49 am

So am i acceoted
Petrovsky News: 11/19/2017 - General Secretary Иван Петров announced that several agreements have been reached with Zitravgrad, including but not limited to, an Alliance | Petrovsky has applied to become a member of the International Space Federation | Petrovsky has re-applied to become a member of the International Exchange Student Program; 11/20/2017 - Petrovsky becomes a member of the International Space Federation | Petrovsky re-applies to become a member of the International Anti Terrorist Alliance

95% of people would cry if they saw JUSTIN BIEBER on a skyskraper about to jump. If you're the 5% that would be doing a happy dance, copy and paste this as your signature.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:58 pm

New Antegria II wrote:So am i acceoted

Yes just change the powers so he can only use one at a time with a long recharge and some of the other notes listed above.
Are you informed about the current Arc?

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Kormanthorian Heroine

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:46 pm

[spoiler=Character Name][box]Super Identity:

Nicolle Shultz
" G "
Heroine
Looks 35 [ Actually Immortal ]
Female
Long Blonde Hair, Light Blue Eyes, 48-24-38, 140lbs
The Order
Psionics http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powerList.htm ( She has 35 of these Abilities )
Various Space and Air Craft, Ground Vehicles
Get's Tired
Her Origin is the Planet Primus in the Andromeda Universe that traveled here by way of a Portal.
She is a Explorer from the Andromeda Universe.
Founder of the Nelchizedeke Cluster; Intergalactic Trade Hub ( ITH ) Member; Inextant Member of ESUS; Member of the USF

Intergalactic Trade Hub ( ITH

Fact Page:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3316&p=92197#p92197

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:49 pm

Kormanthor wrote:[spoiler=Character Name][box]Super Identity:

Nicolle Shultz
" G "
Heroine
Female
The Order
Psionics http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powerList.htm ( She has 35 of these Abilities )
Get's Tired
Her Origin is the Planet Primus in the Andromeda Universe that traveled here by way of a Portal.

This format hurts my soul.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Nicolle Shultz
" G "
Heroine
Female
The Order
Get's Tired

Okey dokey... you should add 'serious back problems' to the weaknesses with that body shape :blink:

Please specify which powers you want Shultz to have from that list. We are trying to build characters who are roughly balanced with each other so its important that we know in advance what you would like your char to do. Also you will need to be specfic about the vehicles (for the same reason).

New Antegria II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Antegria II » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:24 pm

Nicolle Shultz
" G "
Heroine
Female
The Order
Get's Tired
im not OP or Co-Op but if i we're you'd be instantly rejected

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:25 pm

New Antegria II wrote: im not OP or Co-Op but if i we're you'd be instantly rejected

Immortal and invulnerable are two different things, Immortal is really old, invulnerable is unkillable.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

New Antegria II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Antegria II » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:27 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Nicolle Shultz
" G "
Heroine
Female
The Order
Get's Tired

Okey dokey... you should add 'serious back problems' to the weaknesses with that body shape :blink:

Please specify which powers you want Shultz to have from that list. We are trying to build characters who are roughly balanced with each other so its important that we know in advance what you would like your char to do. Also you will need to be specfic about the vehicles (for the same reason).

Could you inform me about the current arc

Anowa wrote:
New Antegria II wrote: im not OP or Co-Op but if i we're you'd be instantly rejected

Immortal and invulnerable are two different things, Immortal is really old, invulnerable is unkillable.
oh

New Antegria II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Antegria II » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Super Identity: Quantum Spider
Real Identity: Garroth Ro'Meave
Is real identity known to the public: only to few
Hero, Villian, Neutral: Hero
Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... F9bl9pxTZ9
Group Affiliation: None, Citizens of New York
Powers: Teleportation: Range is his line of sight and teleporting where he can't see can kill him if he hits a solid object. Happens instantaneously and can use it once a minute. Too much teleportation (ten in 30 minutes) causes the power to temporarily shut down and gravity to become unstable.
Invisibility: Can become invisible to eyesight for as long as he likes. Can't teleport while invisible. Doesn't mask the smell, sound or motion. Constantly feel's like he running while invisible so strenuous work can't be easily done.
Wall Crawling: Can adhere to any none slick surfaces.
Mach 1: Goes the speed of Sound
NOTE: can only use one at a time
Equipment:
Suit: can protect from low caliber weapons and has a head up display advanced as a smartphone.
Modified Taser
Weakness’s: Large Amounts of Water | Electromagnetic Fields
Background:
Garroth is a Student at Elk Creek High School. He was born in Texas, he was born a Child of it's governor, so bullies always thought twice about messing with him or his friends.At Age 12 he was Once given a bet to drink a Glowing Blue Coca Cola and He accepted. He drank the Soda And a day later he couldn't control his speed when running, 2 years later he and his father moved to New York. Then Started going to Elk Creek High he then for some random reason started climbing on walls and he felt a surge through his hand. One day he felt as though something was ripping through his wrist and it did a blue Web looking thing. He was inspired by heroes on the news fighting crime he made a suit(Imagine Spiderman's Suit but The blue part Lighter and it glows)
And so began the story of the Quantum Spider
Summary: Quantum Spider's Existence was all owed to a bet. He Protects the city of New York City. He uses advanced technology to fight villain.

New Antegria II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Antegria II » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:43 pm

Btw Garroth is my student FYI

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Anowa wrote:

Well technically immortal means; "living forever; never dying or decaying"... but in the context of fiction it can be written in a variety of ways. Wolverine and Deadpool could be said to be immortal. Vampires are traditionally written as immortal but you can still cut their heads off and/or impale them with an oversized satay stick. IRL there are some plants and animals that do not age, but they can still die in a variety of other manners - these creatures are often described as immortal.

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:57 pm

I didn't say she was invulnerable. But One weakness for every power is ridiculous. I said she had a weakness, she gets tired from the use of her powers. By the way there are immortal super beings already, aka Wonder Woman, etc...
Last edited by Kormanthor on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Founder of the Nelchizedeke Cluster; Intergalactic Trade Hub ( ITH ) Member; Inextant Member of ESUS; Member of the USF

Fact Page:

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:00 pm

Kormanthor wrote:I didn't say she was invulnerable. But One weakness for every power is ridiculous.

It's so people can't steamroll others, and so characters are actually challenged. This is an RP, not a wish fulfillment thread.

But whatever, the door's over yonder. Good luck with that attitude.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:01 pm

:rofl:

Fact Page:

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:02 pm

New Antegria II wrote:Btw Garroth is my student FYI

That's good, because the arc that is about to kick off is the Academy Arc. Not much to catch up on as it hasn't started yet! I would suggest that it might be interesting to bring your char in in a 'raw' state and treat the Academy as an origin story, though if you don't want to that is also cool.

I think we may be starting a new thread for it but I'm not entirely sure what PL has planned. I would suggest starting it today being as the other storyline is pretty much done and we have a few students to interact with each other now.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Anowa wrote:

Hmmmm?
For me it`s still 2 different things with Immortality being Invulnerability (often) and invulerability never being immortality.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:05 pm

Check Out the Immortal Super Hero's ... and these are just the ones from Marvel.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Glossary:Immortality
Last edited by Kormanthor on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fact Page:

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
New Antegria II wrote:Btw Garroth is my student FYI

That's good, because the arc that is about to kick off is the Academy Arc. Not much to catch up on as it hasn't started yet! I would suggest that it might be interesting to bring your char in in a 'raw' state and treat the Academy as an origin story, though if you don't want to that is also cool.

I think we may be starting a new thread for it but I'm not entirely sure what PL has planned. I would suggest starting it today being as the other storyline is pretty much done and we have a few students to interact with each other now.

Ehh, the arc is done. The massive post I just did sealed it all up.

Kormanthor wrote:Check Out the Immortal Super Hero's ... and this are just the ones from Marvel.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Glossary:Immortality

Yes, we've been over this, we have several immortal characters already. The problem is your mass amount of powers and no weaknesses. Getting tired is not a weakness, literally everything gets tired it doesn't make someone special.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:10 pm

Anowa wrote:
Kormanthor wrote:I didn't say she was invulnerable. But One weakness for every power is ridiculous. I said she had a weakness, she gets tired from the use of her powers. By the way there are immortal super beings already, aka Wonder Woman, etc...

That's where I thought you were going... And I don't think the 1 weakness to 1 power thing is a hard and fast rule. We just want to keep chars balanced and avoid getting a Dr Manhattan type murder-boss in the thread.

If you can please be a bit more specific about what powers and equipment you want to give your char we can move forward.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse