NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us V4.0 [Superhero] (OOC|OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:31 am

Serah wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:I couldnn't find any reason to capture them for, really.

I mean, apart from confidentiality and all but since these are terrorists and not exactly preparing some grand plan that needs to be kept secret, there is no reason of them to not let some random dude live to tell the tale.

Maybe the eldritch energy exhibited from Meliora and the totem she carved to potentially regenerate them if they got hurt?
It's eldritch energy, they'd probably wonder why this random guy has it flowing around him too when they potentially retaliate on Meliora.

But neither Meliora nor the totem are really there yet.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:03 am

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:Because we are having issues with activity in the thread that could completely cripple an action sequence I would like to suggest that we make a short-term rule that if someone's character engages with yours and you neither reply nor give a reason for not replying on the OOC within 5 days, the engaging character's writer has the right to write your character getting beaten up in whatever amusing way they can think of.

PL, what do you think?

Sound a fair. But I also think people should give notice. A quick “yo Primordial Luxa I need a reply from you” before we make an example out of them.

I would suggest that the procedure be this:

Sometimes a player will, for a variety of reasons, be unable or unwilling to reply to a post within a reasonable timeframe. This can lead to active characters getting tied up in situations which they cannot get out of and is unhealthy for the thread as a whole.

If you have engaged with another writer's character that you give 72 hours for a response. If there is none, no acknowledgement of the other writer having read it and you wish to push on, send a tgram and make a post on the OOC to make sure they know your post is up.

If there is no acknowledgement within a further 48 hours then the you should feel free to write an end to the engagement which seems logical to you. It is expected that this will be favourable to your character but be reasonable: this is a tool to allow active writers to keep posting NOT an excuse to humiliate someone else's character.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:28 am

Gonna post for Heartache by 10:00-10:30 AM US EST [an hour and a half to two hours after this post], just to make sure I have it posted.

I'm also going to be going away for the rest of the weekend [tomorrow/from Friday to Sunday].

MINI-EDIT: I posted. Hope it's good, because I might not be able to edit until late tonight - or if I can't then, I won't be able to edit till I get back from my away time.
Last edited by The V O I D on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Serah wrote:
Maybe the eldritch energy exhibited from Meliora and the totem she carved to potentially regenerate them if they got hurt?
It's eldritch energy, they'd probably wonder why this random guy has it flowing around him too when they potentially retaliate on Meliora.

But neither Meliora nor the totem are really there yet.

Actually Meliora is almost in the bar.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:08 pm

Serah wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:But neither Meliora nor the totem are really there yet.

Oh.
Judging by your last post I thought she was still further outside and was now going to rush in guns blazing to save Vaughan from a perceived threat.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:
Sound a fair. But I also think people should give notice. A quick “yo Primordial Luxa I need a reply from you” before we make an example out of them.

I would suggest that the procedure be this:

Sometimes a player will, for a variety of reasons, be unable or unwilling to reply to a post within a reasonable timeframe. This can lead to active characters getting tied up in situations which they cannot get out of and is unhealthy for the thread as a whole.

If you have engaged with another writer's character that you give 72 hours for a response. If there is none, no acknowledgement of the other writer having read it and you wish to push on, send a tgram and make a post on the OOC to make sure they know your post is up.

If there is no acknowledgement within a further 48 hours then the you should feel free to write an end to the engagement which seems logical to you. It is expected that this will be favourable to your character but be reasonable: this is a tool to allow active writers to keep posting NOT an excuse to humiliate someone else's character.

Brilliant system. We will go with that. I’ll add it to the OP when I get a chance.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:33 pm

Serah wrote:

Oh.
Judging by your last post I thought she was still further outside and was now going to rush in guns blazing to save Vaughan from a perceived threat.

Well, either way, she'd be close enough to be detected.
I reckon Luxa can and will explain it better than me, but eldritch energy probably feels weird and pungent to magic users.
Or magic sensitive people.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012

Postby Primordial Luxa » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Serah wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Oh.

Well, either way, she'd be close enough to be detected.
I reckon Luxa can and will explain it better than me, but eldritch energy probably feels weird and pungent to magic users.
Or magic sensitive people.

Is the character magic sensitive? That's not a trait possessed by all people who know magic. It's common for sure but unless the person has specific abilities or skills to detect magic or the magical source isn't trying to hide in any way then it likely won't be detected.
I haven't been following your exact situation super close but if you give me a sitrep I could offer some insight.

EDIT: I'm waiting for Dyelli to push the capture the flag game along. Unless you want me to do something preemptive Dyelli. Just let me know.
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:18 pm

This is going to be good.

Anyways, I am probs gonna disappear for a while due to being on a visit to a friend's house for the weekend. Might not be able to post until Monday or Tuesday, just a heads up.

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:18 am

Sorry I haven't posted yet. My internet access is fluctuating right now, so I might not get a chance too soon.

Shogunate of the Deviluke Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby Shogunate of the Deviluke Empire » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:37 am

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Sieglind Merz
    Alternate Identities: Frau in Schwarz (Woman in Black)
    Legal Status: Organized Criminal
    Species: Human
    Apperance: Here it is.
    Characters Biggest Strength: (Not just a power please)
    Characters Biggest Weakness: (not just related to a power lease)

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: (What does this character want most in life. Make it specific)
    Secondary Goal: (What are the smaller steps on the way to this characters primary goal? What must be accomplished first in order to see it realized.)
    Fears: What are the visceral, psychological, regrets and existential fears of your character. What makes them flee in terror or freeze in panic. Not what makes them angry and encourages, what makes them RUN!

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: The Pseudo-Gene (Or C-Cells), The Ravenning, The Spells, or the Outside,
  • Power 1:
    Effects: What does the power do and how does it do it? Please make reference to Range, Speed and/or Mass
    Weaknesses: What counters the power? Stops it dead in it’s tracks or causes it to fail? What limits the usage of the power? When can it not be used?
  • Power 2:
    Effects: What does the power do and how does it do it? Please make reference to Range, Speed and/or Mass
    Weaknesses: What counters the power? Stops it dead in it’s tracks or causes it to fail? What limits the usage of the power? When can it not be used?
    Equipment: (What tools or equipment does this character possess that is noteworthy? If it provides them with a noticable supernatural or obvious power that power must also be listed under power.)

Background
    Training and Education: (Where did they go to school and learn what they know now.)
    Things any characters might know about them: (Things a quick google search would reveal)
    Group Affiliations: (Who are they loyal to? What clubs do they owe allegiance? Who do they consider master?)
    History and Bibliography: (How did it all come to this?)

Summary: (1-5 WORDS that sum up the whole character. No sentences)

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Shogunate of the Deviluke Empire wrote:
Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description

Motivations and Desires
    Secondary Goal: (What are the smaller steps on the way to this characters primary goal? What must be accomplished first in order to see it realized.)
    Fears: What are the visceral, psychological, regrets and existential fears of your character. What makes them flee in terror or freeze in panic. Not what makes them angry and encourages, what makes them RUN!

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: The Pseudo-Gene (Or C-Cells), The Ravenning, The Spells, or the Outside,
  • Power 1:
  • Power 2:
    Equipment: (What tools or equipment does this character possess that is noteworthy? If it provides them with a noticable supernatural or obvious power that power must also be listed under power.)

Background
    Training and Education: (Where did they go to school and learn what they know now.)
    Things any characters might know about them: (Things a quick google search would reveal)
    Group Affiliations: (Who are they loyal to? What clubs do they owe allegiance? Who do they consider master?)

Colour me intrigued.

If you want help with anything, say something and I will come.

Laurvier
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Laurvier » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:04 am

I'm still here. The monster was just out of Dirk's weightclass so I figured he would've stood aside for it.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:14 am

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description

Motivations and Desires

Powers
  • Power 1:
  • Power 2:

Background

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/32/28/79/3228 ... ration.jpg

Found you a slightly bigger picture that also doesn't show some random chatroom.

Shogunate of the Deviluke Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shogunate of the Deviluke Empire » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:58 am

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description

Motivations and Desires

Powers
  • Power 1:
  • Power 2:

Background

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/32/28/79/3228 ... ration.jpg

Found you a slightly bigger picture that also doesn't show some random chatroom.

Cool, Thanks!

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:13 am

I need to make a German hero in this thread. Jesus.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:24 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:...

German Heroes are booooooooooooring.

We are a people known for our villainy.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:25 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:...

German Heroes are booooooooooooring.

Also for their productivity, but that tends to get overlooked.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:26 am

Serah wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:German Heroes are booooooooooooring.

Also for their productivity, but that tends to get overlooked.

Well, villains are also generally known for productivity.

Where else do all these evil Overlord get those massive, fully equipped armies or all their doomsday devices?

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:40 am

Apologies for the slow responses on my part. I will get posts up ASAP. Hopefully tonight, though if not, definitely tomorrow

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:48 pm

Granis... Mph.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:23 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:Granis... Mph.

I'm not a Co-OP in this thread, but I should give an advice about this to the players.

I've been here (GAU) for some time, and I am currently RPing around P2TM with a lower frequency. That is because of something called personal or real life. Some people don't have the time to post in the same day they read the post. Some people have it. And this is normal.

What isn't exactly normal is going around, irritated with people because they can't keep up with your post frequency. I am not Granis, but by Odin's sake, understand that NS isn't a religion. And posting every time this happens isn't exactly a good way to do with it. If this was the first time I would've been quiet, but this happens every single time someone takes a little bit longer to answer.

In a summary: Have patience. This only makes the OOC thread get worse, not better.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:31 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:Granis... Mph.

I'm not a Co-OP in this thread, but I should give an advice about this to the players.

I've been here (GAU) for some time, and I am currently RPing around P2TM with a lower frequency. That is because of something called personal or real life. Some people don't have the time to post in the same day they read the post. Some people have it. And this is normal.

What isn't exactly normal is going around, irritated with people because they can't keep up with your post frequency. I am not Granis, but by Odin's sake, understand that NS isn't a religion. And posting every time this happens isn't exactly a good way to do with it. If this was the first time I would've been quiet, but this happens every single time someone takes a little bit longer to answer.

In a summary: Have patience. This only makes the OOC thread get worse, not better.

As some whose RP activity has decreased drastically, I like this statement.

On the other hand, I am waiting in the City Thread so that's why I'm not posting.

Soviet-Socialist Russia
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet-Socialist Russia » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:54 pm

This sounds like a fun thing to do and creating my own character has really got me intrigued. I just don't know where to start.
I never read any Marvel or DC comics though I did watch the movies and read the Joker book so I do have a idea on how my character should operate. But again, I just don't know where to begin or what setting this should take place.

Final thing: who should I send my character application to in order for it to get approved?

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Soviet-Socialist Russia wrote:This sounds like a fun thing to do and creating my own character has really got me intrigued. I just don't know where to start.
I never read any Marvel or DC comics though I did watch the movies and read the Joker book so I do have a idea on how my character should operate. But again, I just don't know where to begin or what setting this should take place.

Final thing: who should I send my character application to in order for it to get approved?

You post the filled out form right here.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse