NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us V4.0 [Superhero] (OOC|OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Serah wrote:So uh.

Is anyone going to look at what I did for Mateo or do I just need to wait some more?

Me and Dyelli have seen it and have made some comments. We want to make sure we give you clear opinions though so rather than point out things separately were doing a bit of teamwork so it can be easier on you. Thanks for your patience.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:Meant to get this idea on the table awhile ago, but my idea is the leader of a terrorist organization who has the power to... Temporarily, greatly amplify the powers of metas.

Sounds great. Did you have a terror organization in mind or did you want to add him to a preexisting one?

New one in mind. Didn't really fit in well with the other ones.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Whalestron » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:07 pm

I need a nap.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:
Sounds great. Did you have a terror organization in mind or did you want to add him to a preexisting one?

Sure thing.

@EVERYONE: Diz is going to fight an Illuminati goon and their mysterious ally. If anyone wants to make up a character to be the mysterious ally let me know or if you have a preexisting character you want to use also feel free to suggest it.

@EVERYONE PT2. Once all the current arcs are done, (Deep Ones, Mayor's power struggle, Revenants fight) we will likely shift the thread to a different city so that people can explore other stories. Please recommend cities you would like to see us use. (currently considering San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas)

If you want your characters to move I am happy to drop clues and plot threads that make that shift easy. Knights will be easy to reassign and there will be a huge meeting in between the shift where all the Knights (We have so far) will meet up and divide into teams.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:

Sure thing.

@EVERYONE: Diz is going to fight an Illuminati goon and their mysterious ally. If anyone wants to make up a character to be the mysterious ally let me know or if you have a preexisting character you want to use also feel free to suggest it.

@EVERYONE PT2. Once all the current arcs are done, (Deep Ones, Mayor's power struggle, Revenants fight) we will likely shift the thread to a different city so that people can explore other stories. Please recommend cities you would like to see us use. (currently considering San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas)

If you want your characters to move I am happy to drop clues and plot threads that make that shift easy. Knights will be easy to reassign and there will be a huge meeting in between the shift where all the Knights (We have so far) will meet up and divide into teams.

This works perfectly for me. Gabe will want to relocate after current events, Jack will obviously move with the knights. Crossover potential!

And I can introduce the new villain in that city.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Sure thing.

This works perfectly for me. Gabe will want to relocate after current events, Jack will obviously move with the knights. Crossover potential!

I cannot say how long this will take OOC and it may be tactical to move the Deep One invasion to a coastal city like San Fran or LA if Serah is interested.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:

I cannot say how long this will take OOC and it may be tactical to move the Deep One invasion to a coastal city like San Fran or LA if Serah is interested.

Fine with me.

My question is, does anyone have any ideas on how we're actually going to deal with the Deep Ones? Seems like we're up shit creek on that front.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:

Fine with me.

My question is, does anyone have any ideas on how we're actually going to deal with the Deep Ones? Seems like we're up shit creek on that front.

Thats is exactly the idea. Luckily its only a single platoon so total extinction is only a possibility. :p
I think it will last for a while which is why if it doesnt start soon I may push it back so we don't rush the ending.

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Fine with me.

Thats is exactly the idea. Luckily its only a single platoon so total extinction is only a possibility. :p
I think it will last for a while which is why if it doesnt start soon I may push it back so we don't rush the ending.

It all comes down to how fast people manage to push the platoon back, really.
Though, in all honesty, I think it'll be quite hard. At least at first.

Plus, there's one point that will take a while. A really, really long while if people don't figure it out.
I sure hope you guys have a character that knows his Lovecraft.

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:

Fine with me.

I mean, my plan was to just... you know... group up... and then hit them 'till they die...

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Serah wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:

It all comes down to how fast people manage to push the platoon back, really.
Though, in all honesty, I think it'll be quite hard. At least at first.

Plus, there's one point that will take a while. A really, really long while if people don't figure it out.
I sure hope you guys have a character that knows his Lovecraft.

Was never a big fan of lovecraft TBH. Always so vague and annoyingly mysterious. Not to kention how overdone it is.

I say as several games I greatly enjoy have all kinds of weird eldritch nonsense going on.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:

Sure thing.

I would personally like a European city.
Or maybe a made up one.

One on an island in the middle of the ocean, but there's a lot of stuff happening there.
That could be fun.

I was initially going to say: Why not go to Warsaw? But then I remembered I helped nuking it.
That said, maybe going near the cities we destroyed could be an interesting idea though.

I think the other was Seoul, and there was another, in Brazil or something.

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:

Sure thing.

*folds up newspaper and cracks hands*

Cities that could be good would be:
- Chicago: Midwest, has a history of not only Gang Violence, but also organized crime with a diverse amount of ethnicity, history, tensions, and other elements that could lead to people making some cool tings.
- Las Vegas: Honestly I've only ever seen this one be a backdrop in GaU, it's notorious. Money, Drugs, violence, greed, sin, lust. it writes itself.
- Kansas City: Meth Capitol of the world, with plenty of different dangers and troubles within the city to allow for some cool things. Also down highway routes from chicago, possibly allowing crossover to the cities, and the thread wouldn't get over saturated. a thought though.

Just a quick question, moving to a different city: I'm all for it, could be some cool bizznitch, already some fun ideas churning (Mostly about an Irish man and brutally choreographed hand to hand scenes). but I wanted to ask could it be possible for me, per say, to continue the revenant's story. Because, I'm all sort taking a break, but dropping it where it is and possibly not coming back to it seems like a waste.

Serah wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:
Sure thing.

I would personally like a European city.
Or maybe a made up one.

One on an island in the middle of the ocean, but there's a lot of stuff happening there.
That could be fun.

I was initially going to say: Why not go to Warsaw? But then I remembered I helped nuking it.
That said, maybe going near the cities we destroyed could be an interesting idea though.

I think the other was Seoul, and there was another, in Brazil or something.

This also. The thread would be smaller, possibly if it's only one or two european cities, we could split them on one threads (say London and Moscow came up as two wanted ones), or just one: (GAU: Foreign expansion, The International titans, [insert cool prophetic name].

Honestly Warsaw sounds cool, maybe even Moscow, honestly an obscure, rarely used city to RP in could be Dublin, others possibly could be ones like Seoul, Tokyo, if you want to stick on the continent maybe Toronto. Just ideas if course.

Serah wrote:I was initially going to say: Why not go to Warsaw? But then I remembered I helped nuking it

Wait, you did WHAT?!, SERAH!

Look I know Anowa loved that 'destroying the worldstage in glorious violence' game, but why's it always Nukes?

Why not rip off the totally - not - gonna - because - a - real - weapon - due - to - science weapon from ghosts and destroy the tectonic plates, or release a virus similar to the Amazo virus/black plague and quarantine the city or.....- I'll stop. Because I know these might actually get used.
Last edited by Confederation of imperial states on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:10 pm

Confederation of imperial states wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:
Sure thing.

- Chicago: Midwest, has a history of not only Gang Violence, but also organized crime with a diverse amount of ethnicity, history, tensions, and other elements that could lead to people making some cool tings.
- Las Vegas: Honestly I've only ever seen this one be a backdrop in GaU, it's notorious. Money, Drugs, violence, greed, sin, lust. it writes itself.
- Kansas City: Meth Capitol of the world, with plenty of different dangers and troubles within the city to allow for some cool things. Also down highway routes from chicago, possibly allowing crossover to the cities, and the thread wouldn't get over saturated. a thought though.

Just a quick question, moving to a different city: I'm all for it, could be some cool bizznitch, already some fun ideas churning (Mostly about an Irish man and brutally choreographed hand to hand scenes). but I wanted to ask could it be possible for me, per say, to continue the revenant's story. Because, I'm all sort taking a break, but dropping it where it is and possibly not coming back to it seems like a waste.

Except Las Vegas was just used as fighting grounds when the world was about to be fused to another, essentially deleting anything material.
It had also been pretty nuked by then I think.
At least from what I remembered.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Serah wrote:

Except Las Vegas was just used as fighting grounds when the world was about to be fused to another, essentially deleting anything material.
It had also been pretty nuked by then I think.
At least from what I remembered.

Nope. That was Los Santana, Los Vegas was about a 5th destroyed from the "Axis" villain team who attacked.

I mean, still brutal, but it was LS who got Nuclear Shotgunned by Ol' Kimmy Jun Un.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:18 pm

In the first GAU bad things happened to and in vegas.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Shadowwell wrote:In the first GAU bad things happened to and in vegas.

Bad things happened to the whole world of the first GAU

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Shadowwell wrote:In the first GAU bad things happened to and in vegas.

Bad things happened to the whole world of the first GAU

That is an understatement, lol.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:41 pm

Serah wrote:-

I'm a huge Lovecraft fan and a quite a purist which is why all this might seem strange given how Derelethian all this seems. But if you look deeper the Lovecraft elements I have pretty uncaring as they should be and more damaging than helpful.

Your right it is overdone, but typically it's overdone poorly, as you said poorly described monsters your sanity can't stand to look at which goes against much of Lovecrafts actual work. Here i've used it set dressing but don't expect the Deep Ones to show up regularly. They and the other Mythos will remain comfortably distant most of the time.

I try not to overdo it, but let me know if it feels like it's too oppressive.

Some thoughts
Not America: Isn’t out of the realm of possibility but likely would need some excuse to pull the Knights in. There ability to bring in many players is useful but explaining why there outside the US is a bit difficult. Not impossible but definitely something to think about.

Island: Hawaii?
Chicago: Added to list. Easy to make work.
Vegas: Good too. Would love to see a Casino run by heroes in competition with one run by villains.
Kansas: Interesting choice, added to list. But I like the idea about a twin city where people go back and forth.
Europe: A thread about NATO heroes dealing with Russian aggression would be cool.

@CIS
We voted on three cities to be totally destroyed in this reality. Warsaw, Sao Paula and Seoul won and so each was destroyed in canon by something. Warsaw got nuked in a failed attempt to beat Slaggep.

Definitely want to get Revenant to a story end of somekind before we switch. We can make him gain an enemy from that city. A gangster or bounty hunter that comes for him and then flees. I am all for bring Revenant along for the journey.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Going to work on Academy Post tomorrow.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
@CIS
We voted on three cities to be totally destroyed in this reality. Warsaw, Sao Paula and Seoul won and so each was destroyed in canon by something. Warsaw got nuked in a failed attempt to beat Slaggep.

Warsaw: 1.7 million
Sao: 17 million
Seoul: 9 million

Damn son that kill streak's over half of Anowas.

Primordial Luxa wrote:Definitely want to get Revenant to a story end of somekind before we switch. We can make him gain an enemy from that city. A gangster or bounty hunter that comes for him and then flees. I am all for bring Revenant along for the journey.

Honestly it's been a trend within his backstory and more recent history that he's been city hoping/aggressively manhunting down the last members of the Immortals. Could work with honestly any of the U.S. cities presented. He could get into a scuffle then intimidate/the sniper dissapears and leaves a note/clue or something leading him to see they've left NYC. There's alot we can do with a different city to mix it up.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Has anything happened to France?

I ask as i was going to keep this backstory, for my character, with tweaks, but wanted to make sure.

He was born to an Upper middle class family in the eastern U.S., He started talking from an early age, reading as well. He always had a fascination with the concept of the Classical elements. His parents, while well off were also ambitious, and had many items most would consider Gaudy, including many gold laid pieces of jewelry and figurines. That ambition and admiration for the better off, was what led to the trip to France that ultimately caused him to come to EHEG. His power happened to manifest first during a trip to Paris, when he was 16. He was walking down a stone paved road, His parents were resting after the journey back from Versailles, when he tripped and fell into, not just figuratively but literally into and through the ground.

The stretch of ground just happened to be directly above the French Bank that housed the Countries gold reserves, A whopping 2,435 tonnes of gold at the time ( around 96 billion dollars give or take.). When he was discovered in the vault, well lets say the French weren't happy.

There wa more, but it was suited for that rp alone.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:49 am

Primordial Luxa wrote:Vegas: Good too. Would love to see a Casino run by heroes in competition with one run by villains.

Europe: A thread about NATO heroes dealing with Russian aggression would be cool.

a) Hero Cafe and Villain Pub? lulz

b) European Thread is always welcome. Although in Europe, the biggest player am I. I could come up with several plots probably.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:02 am

Would anyone object to a psychic space elf that just wants to know about us?

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Neltharos Utheran
    Alternate Identities: Goes by the name Daniel West when walking amongst humans.
    Species: A space elf. Or, Eldar. He tells everyone else that his ears are a result of genetic mutations due to Chernobyl, no less.
    Apperance: [url=When in his fancy attire]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/0/0a/Eldrad_Ulthran-0.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160902185928[/url]
    Characters Biggest Strength: Powerful psychic abilities. He is also an expert manipulator. In addition, he is very intelligent.
    Characters Biggest Weakness: Bad at direct and physical combat. He is more of someone that attacks from behind.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: He is in Earth primarily to sate his thirst for knowledge. In short he just wants to know about humanity in general.
    Secondary Goal: He generally would get that knowledge by having human friends...
    Fears: Arachnophobia, of all damn things. He also fears that he would never be able to return to his home world, as his ship just got destroyed while he was at orbit with Pluto and he had to eject. Grimdark. That was 500 years ago by the way.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Species Trait.
  • Power 1: Psionic Shields
    Effects: Conjures a protective shield made of psionic energy, absorbing medium amounts of damage. Lasts for a minute.
    Weaknesses: Energy weapons ignore the shields and go right through.
  • Power 2: Psionic Storm
    Effects: A powerful storm of psionic energy is created in a 10 meter radius, dealing damage to all organics within the radius of effect. Stay in it too long and you either go insane, die, or your nervous system is fried, leaving you without one or more of the sense.
    Weaknesses: It cannot penetrate suits of armor, and has no effect on robots and machines. It also requires intense mental concentration and can be disrupted by a small distraction such as throwing a stone at him. It also consumes quite a lot of energy and it leaves him weakened and vulnerable.
  • Power 3: Psychic Blast
    Effects: Fires a bolt of lightning from his palms, dealing damage at a range of 40 meters.
    Weaknesses: Not much. The short range is the real debilitation of this ability. However, individuals with high physical strength can go toe to toe with it and fight on. It is also easily dodgable if one is keen enough.
    Equipment: A spear that is kept within a pocket dimension of his. The spear is no ordinary spear, as it is psychically empowered and there is little that can break it. The blade is made of adamantium.

Background
    Training and Education: He went to Harvard, no less.

However, back in his home planet, he was trained in the psychic arts by the single most powerful psyker in the Andromeda, Marethus Alatar.
    Things any characters might know about them: He apparently has quite a fortune of 10 million dollars. Not yet taken by any lady.
    Group Affiliations: He holds allegiance to his home world, which is the Andromeda Galaxy, but he won't get back there any time soon.
    History and Bibliography: Once, nearly 500 years ago, a ship appeared in the outer reaches of the Solar System. A small ship, it was just a little exploration vessel probing for future colonies for its empire, but its commander caught a gainly sight far into the system. A blue and green ball,
    apparently teeming with life. The ship ran some scans and confirmed the existence of life in it.
    Closer scans revealed primitive cities and towns, as well as... sentient life.

Intriguing., the commander would think. He then ordered an even more thorough scan,
    and got the ship much closer in order to take a closer look. The sentient creatures looked strikingly similar to themselves, with the only difference being the ears and the lack of psychic powers. Well... Intriguing indeed it was. But not all was well.

Another ship appeared, but it was not of their kind; it was their enemy. And fully armed, no less.
    The small exploration ship was no match, and soon enough... it was destroyed, all of its hands dead. The remains were towed away by the ship, but there was one that survived. The commander. Named Neltharos Utheran.

His pod crash landed in a frozen tundra, in present day Siberia. Only forests, wolves, and ice and frost was all that could be seen in all directions. Struggling to survive, he decided to head for the nearest settlement of the primitives; perhaps, they could be of aid. And so they were. With his psychic ability, he knew their language at an instant by reading their minds, and asked for their aid... For food and shelter. Because of his unerringly human appearance, they unknowingly helped the hungry xeno in their midst. From then on, Neltharos would move across the globe, meeting different cultures and peoples from different ages. Martin Luther, Peter the Great, Stalin, Hitler, Zhu Di, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Obama, and Trump; he knew them all, for his species live practically forever until slain in battle. He watched as civilizations rose, and then burned. Kings and rulers came and went, and still he was there.

Now, he is a business person; at least, that is what he appears to be. One might argue that he could just be too... Intelligent and clever to be human. Well. Their suspicions are not ill placed.

Summary:A psychic space elf that crashed into Earth 500 years ago. He now lives among us, just like any of us.
Last edited by Korhal IVV on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:45 am

Will post sometime today.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse