NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us V4.0 [Superhero] (OOC|OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Granis wrote:Alright, so here's my second student right before I go to sleep. Not much to say right now, so yeah. Tell me if he sucks and all of the rest if that crap, and now I can stop fighting sleep.

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Joseph Moore
    Alternate Identities: Undertow (pen name)
    Hero, Villian or Neutral: Hero
    Species: Human
    Apperance: https://orig11.deviantart.net/86b1/f/20 ... 7tl6ea.jpg
    Characters Biggest Strength:
    He's... tall? I don't know. I guess, if he has one thing, its that he's very protective of the things he cares about. He tends to become a lot calmer under pressure, as well.
    Characters Biggest Weakness:
He is really, really shy, and rarely shows many of his emotions. He also has the astonishing ability to find the absolute worst way to say things.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: (What does this character want most in life. Make it specific)
    He wants to be an author, and he already has multiple stories written on his laptop and about twenty different USBs, none of which have ever seen the light of day.

Secondary Goal: (What are the smaller steps on the way to this characters primary goal? What must be accomplished first in order to see it realized.)
    Well, he wants to get better at talking to people, for one. Things like getting over his shyness, and maybe if he ever manages that, work on keeping himself from always saying stupid things that make people even angrier.
    Fears:
    Stressful social situations. Or normal social situations.
    Letting people down.

Powers
      Primary Source of Powers: The doctors are pretty sure it's the meta-gene, so probably that.
    • Power 1:
      Effects: Joseph's body is made of a kind of 'hard' water. This means whenever he is hit hard enough to cause physical damage, instead of actually getting injured, it will just break away into water, before reforming itself shortly after. In addition, he can assimilate water into himself, allowing him to change his form as long as it matches the amount of water he has absorbed.
      Weaknesses: Well, there are a few things. For one, any temperature cold enough to freeze water will freeze him in place, making it impossible for him to move until he thaws. Similarly, he suffers from evaporation if it gets hot enough, and if he ever ends up boiling, he will not be able to retain his form. He is also a conductor of electricity, and it tends to remain in his body for a while if it so much as touches him. And of course, all of this causes the proportionate amount of pain.
      Next, when he assimilates water, salt water causes a lot of itching, and just general irritation. Also, if he tries to assimilate a body of water that's too large, like a large lake, there is a danger that his soul will spread and dilute across the whole body of water, to the point where it may actually kill him. This chance becomes higher the larger the body of water is. As to whether he survives or not, it will only be known for sure when he washes up on the shore, unconscious and probably naked.
    • Power 2:
      Effects: As long as he is in physical contact with a body of water, he can manipulate it in a way that, while not exactly the same as assimilating it, works on a very similar principle. This lets him manipulate a larger area of water, as there is no danger of losing his soul.
      Weaknesses: Manipulating water instead of assimilating has far clumsier control over it, and it also tires him out a lot more. This is because, instead of literally making the water an extension of his body, he is exerting his will on it.
      Equipment:
      His laptop
      Twenty full USBs
      Thirty empty USBs

Background
      Occupation: (How do they get money for houses, food and guns?) Well, he's a student, but he enters lots of online writing competitions, and gets some prize money from that.
      Training and Education: He has largely been self-training his powers, with help from his older sister. He has finished all his schooling up to this point, where he was transferred to the manor.
      Things any characters might know about them: Searching his name? Nothing.
      Searching for the pen name Undertow, however, will bring up a number of short stories and longer works uploaded onto various websites.
      Group Affiliations: The Academy.
      History and Bibliography: (How did it all come to this?)
Unlike many other heroes, Joseph had actually lived an alright life for a good while. Sure, he was largely too shy to talk to a lot of people, but he had a few friends and his sister Zoe, who he could turn to if he ever needed help.

However, things all changed when he was nine. Joseph's mother, who was a member of SWAT, had been mobilised to arrest a villain who had been causing wanton destruction in the city. However, after a long fight, the villain escaped, killing one of her colleagues in the process. When she attended the mans funeral, the villain reappeared.

And he killed everyone.

The only reason the chaos didn't spread further was that the villain was killed by an unknown assailant, being shot in the head.

From then until he started highschool, he became very secluded, often pushing away or lashing out at the people around him. Zoe, after a briefer but possibly even more aggressive mourning period, managed to calm him down somewhat, partially by attempting to fill the gap their mother left, but he still remained fairly angsty towards the rest of the world.

It wasn't until highschool, where a certain pair absolutely refused to leave him alone, that he began to calm down and start accepting the outside world again. They were Lucas Hall, a boy who was even taller than his own impressive height and with a stomach to match, who was always the one to being the mood up, and Hannah Washburn, a short girl who always seemed fairly distant, but was far and away the most sensible of the three. They, along with Zoe, became the center of his life, giving it meaning again.

However, not long after his sixteenth birthday, he was walking home alone and came across a very large man trying to mug a girl, who he recognised as being from his class. Not having much time to think on what to do, he walked over and tried to talk the mugger out of it, and was promptly stabbed for the trouble. However, his power meant that this had relatively little effect, and he simply transformed into water and smashed the mans head into a nearby wall, knocking him out. While the girl was very grateful, he asked her not to tell anyone, so he could continue living his life normally with his friends and family. However, this was not to be, as a woman who had been passing by at that moment had filmed it on her phone.

Before long, he was approached by representatives of the government, giving him two options. Either he could transfer to Talbot Manor, or he could be incarcerated. Naturally, he chose the option that wouldn't lead to him being used as currency, and was transferred to the manor within the week.

Summary: Shy water-bodied writer.

I feel like you created him to have a notable synergy with Mateo, to a degree at least.

True Christopia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby True Christopia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:12 pm

What sort of controls on time do we have as players btw? Because right now my char is just sleepin till the morning and I've no idea how long morning will take to get to lmao. Would it be out of the question to create like a time bubble, or should I just have my character do something else?

Also, 4000th post!

EDIT: Dammit, sniped.
Pro: Democracy, The United Kingdom, The Conservative Party (UK), LGBT+ rights, Capitalism, The Grand Tour, Freedom of Speech, Gun control, Cuba, The British Monarchy, Obama, National Healthcare, Trident Nuclear Program, PC Master race, Mental Healthcare, TEA!
Anti: Donald Drumpf, Homophobes, the U.S. Electoral system, Paid Healthcare, IRA, ISIS, Jeremy Corbyn, Communism, Fascism/Nazism, Guns, Racism, Top Gear, Coffee, Poverty, KKK, SJW's

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

I'd rather die on my feet,
than live on my knees.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:23 pm

True Christopia wrote:What sort of controls on time do we have as players btw? Because right now my char is just sleepin till the morning and I've no idea how long morning will take to get to lmao. Would it be out of the question to create like a time bubble, or should I just have my character do something else?

Also, 4000th post!

We could go for a time bubble in your case I guess.
I'll work on a post tomorrow, I fell asleep on my keyboard two times in just fifteen minutes.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:51 pm

True Christopia wrote:What sort of controls on time do we have as players btw? Because right now my char is just sleepin till the morning and I've no idea how long morning will take to get to lmao. Would it be out of the question to create like a time bubble, or should I just have my character do something else?

Also, 4000th post!

Serious manipulations of time are off limits but minor ones are allowed.
So long as you aren't going through weeks of time you are for the most part good.
We fade to black often and unless your scene is linked to another, which it isn't there isn't much of a problem because all the arcs are disentangled.
TLDR: Don't time skip unless EVERYONE involved is okay, and don't skip more than a day or two at a time.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Granis wrote:Alright, so here's my second student right before I go to sleep. Not much to say right now, so yeah. Tell me if he sucks and all of the rest if that crap, and now I can stop fighting sleep.

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    He's... tall? I don't know. I guess, if he has one thing, its that he's very protective of the things he cares about. He tends to become a lot calmer under pressure, as well.
He is really, really shy, and rarely shows many of his emotions. He also has the astonishing ability to find the absolute worst way to say things.

Motivations and Desires
    He wants to be an author, and he already has multiple stories written on his laptop and about twenty different USBs, none of which have ever seen the light of day.

Secondary Goal: (What are the smaller steps on the way to this characters primary goal? What must be accomplished first in order to see it realized.)
    Well, he wants to get better at talking to people, for one. Things like getting over his shyness, and maybe if he ever manages that, work on keeping himself from always saying stupid things that make people even angrier.
    Fears:
    Letting people down.

Powers
      Primary Source of Powers: The doctors are pretty sure it's the meta-gene, so probably that.
    • Power 1:
      Effects: Joseph's body is made of a kind of 'hard' water. This means whenever he is hit hard enough to cause physical damage, instead of actually getting injured, it will just break away into water, before reforming itself shortly after. In addition, he can assimilate water into himself, allowing him to change his form as long as it matches the amount of water he has absorbed.
      Weaknesses: Well, there are a few things. For one, any temperature cold enough to freeze water will freeze him in place, making it impossible for him to move until he thaws. Similarly, he suffers from evaporation if it gets hot enough, and if he ever ends up boiling, he will not be able to retain his form. He is also a conductor of electricity, and it tends to remain in his body for a while if it so much as touches him. And of course, all of this causes the proportionate amount of pain.
      Next, when he assimilates water, salt water causes a lot of itching, and just general irritation. Also, if he tries to assimilate a body of water that's too large, like a large lake, there is a danger that his soul will spread and dilute across the whole body of water, to the point where it may actually kill him. This chance becomes higher the larger the body of water is. As to whether he survives or not, it will only be known for sure when he washes up on the shore, unconscious and probably naked.
    • Power 2:
      Effects: As long as he is in physical contact with a body of water, he can manipulate it in a way that, while not exactly the same as assimilating it, works on a very similar principle. This lets him manipulate a larger area of water, as there is no danger of losing his soul.
      Weaknesses: Manipulating water instead of assimilating has far clumsier control over it, and it also tires him out a lot more. This is because, instead of literally making the water an extension of his body, he is exerting his will on it.
      Equipment:
      His laptop
      Twenty full USBs
      Thirty empty USBs

Background
      Occupation: (How do they get money for houses, food and guns?) Well, he's a student, but he enters lots of online writing competitions, and gets some prize money from that.
      Training and Education: He has largely been self-training his powers, with help from his older sister. He has finished all his schooling up to this point, where he was transferred to the manor.
      Searching for the pen name Undertow, however, will bring up a number of short stories and longer works uploaded onto various websites.
Unlike many other heroes, Joseph had actually lived an alright life for a good while. Sure, he was largely too shy to talk to a lot of people, but he had a few friends and his sister Zoe, who he could turn to if he ever needed help.

However, things all changed when he was nine. Joseph's mother, who was a member of SWAT, had been mobilised to arrest a villain who had been causing wanton destruction in the city. However, after a long fight, the villain escaped, killing one of her colleagues in the process. When she attended the mans funeral, the villain reappeared.

And he killed everyone.

The only reason the chaos didn't spread further was that the villain was killed by an unknown assailant, being shot in the head.

From then until he started highschool, he became very secluded, often pushing away or lashing out at the people around him. Zoe, after a briefer but possibly even more aggressive mourning period, managed to calm him down somewhat, partially by attempting to fill the gap their mother left, but he still remained fairly angsty towards the rest of the world.

It wasn't until highschool, where a certain pair absolutely refused to leave him alone, that he began to calm down and start accepting the outside world again. They were Lucas Hall, a boy who was even taller than his own impressive height and with a stomach to match, who was always the one to being the mood up, and Hannah Washburn, a short girl who always seemed fairly distant, but was far and away the most sensible of the three. They, along with Zoe, became the center of his life, giving it meaning again.

However, not long after his sixteenth birthday, he was walking home alone and came across a very large man trying to mug a girl, who he recognised as being from his class. Not having much time to think on what to do, he walked over and tried to talk the mugger out of it, and was promptly stabbed for the trouble. However, his power meant that this had relatively little effect, and he simply transformed into water and smashed the mans head into a nearby wall, knocking him out. While the girl was very grateful, he asked her not to tell anyone, so he could continue living his life normally with his friends and family. However, this was not to be, as a woman who had been passing by at that moment had filmed it on her phone.

Before long, he was approached by representatives of the government, giving him two options. Either he could transfer to Talbot Manor, or he could be incarcerated. Naturally, he chose the option that wouldn't lead to him being used as currency, and was transferred to the manor within the week.

What prevents him from going to an ocean and manipulating a part of it several hunders of miles away?

Oh, I must have forgotten to mention it. Just like with the assimilation, he has to have direct physical contact with the water to manipulate it. He can't just touch the water in front of him and manipulate water far away without manipulating the water between it.

I feel like you created him to have a notable synergy with Mateo, to a degree at least.

Well, that did kind of become a part of his design later on, but a big part of it is that, like with most normal people, having electricity coursing through Joseph's body will still hurt him, possibly even more than with others due to his conductive nature. It will also take a long time for it to stop hurting him, because the electricity will only fade away after a decent period of time, like maybe an hour or so. But yeah, combo attacks could still be a thing.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Granis wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:
What prevents him from going to an ocean and manipulating a part of it several hunders of miles away?

Oh, I must have forgotten to mention it. Just like with the assimilation, he has to have direct physical contact with the water to manipulate it. He can't just touch the water in front of him and manipulate water far away without manipulating the water between it.

Well, that did kind of become a part of his design later on, but a big part of it is that, like with most normal people, having electricity coursing through Joseph's body will still hurt him, possibly even more than with others due to his conductive nature. It will also take a long time for it to stop hurting him, because the electricity will only fade away after a decent period of time, like maybe an hour or so. But yeah, combo attacks could still be a thing.

Is there a range on that manipulation? Just trying to figure out how big of a lake he can use before it becomes too big.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Work starts tomorrow. I'll get something up before I leave as I got to be there for 12:00 or after work.
Last edited by The Flutterlands on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Granis wrote:

Is there a range on that manipulation? Just trying to figure out how big of a lake he can use before it becomes too big.

Well, he can manipulate about 50-70 square metres of water, but the manipulation becomes a lot weaker and clumsier very quickly as the amount grows. As for assimilation, he can maybe get around 40 square metres of water before he starts getting lightheaded.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:17 pm

Granis wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:

Well, he can manipulate about 50-70 square metres of water, but the manipulation becomes a lot weaker and clumsier very quickly as the amount grows. As for assimilation, he can maybe get around 40 square metres of water before he starts getting lightheaded.

Alright make those clarifications and it will be accepted. Just repost the app with those details.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Waiting on Charmera and Granis to their post...
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:04 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:Waiting on Charmera and Granis to their post...

Can you continue your post anyway?
What specifically is causing issues?

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:36 am

Alright, here's my repost for Josephs app.

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    He is very tall for his age, standing at about 6ft 11.

Motivations and Desires

Fears:
    Letting people down.

Powers
    • Power 1:
      Next, when he assimilates water, salt water causes a lot of itching, and just general irritation. Also, if he tries to assimilate a body of water that's too large, like a large lake, there is a danger that his soul will spread and dilute across the whole body of water, to the point where it may actually kill him. This chance becomes higher the larger the body of water is. As to whether he survives or not, it will only be known for sure when he washes up on the shore, unconscious and probably naked. He can safely assimilate himself with about forty cubic metres before he begins to feel lightheaded.
    • Power 2:
      Weaknesses: Manipulating water instead of assimilating has far clumsier control over it, and it also tires him out a lot more. This is because, instead of literally making the water an extension of his body, he is exerting his will on it. In addition, he cannot manipulate water that is not either in contact with him or with already manipulated water, meaning that he can't touch water on one side of a lake and then manipulate the water on the other, while keeping the water he touches completely still. He can manipulate around seventy cubic metres of water like this, but it would be very difficult to control.
      Equipment:
      His laptop
      Twenty full USBs
      Thirty empty USBs

Background

And he killed everyone.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:56 am

Primordial Luxa wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:Waiting on Charmera and Granis to their post...

Well, Ezra is actually with the group. Michael should know that.
Political Compass
Ravenclaw

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 am

Granis wrote:Alright, here's my repost for Josephs app.

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description

Motivations and Desires

Fears:
    Letting people down.

Powers
    • Power 1:
      Next, when he assimilates water, salt water causes a lot of itching, and just general irritation. Also, if he tries to assimilate a body of water that's too large, like a large lake, there is a danger that his soul will spread and dilute across the whole body of water, to the point where it may actually kill him. This chance becomes higher the larger the body of water is. As to whether he survives or not, it will only be known for sure when he washes up on the shore, unconscious and probably naked. He can safely assimilate himself with about forty cubic metres before he begins to feel lightheaded.
    • Power 2:
      Weaknesses: Manipulating water instead of assimilating has far clumsier control over it, and it also tires him out a lot more. This is because, instead of literally making the water an extension of his body, he is exerting his will on it. In addition, he cannot manipulate water that is not either in contact with him or with already manipulated water, meaning that he can't touch water on one side of a lake and then manipulate the water on the other, while keeping the water he touches completely still. He can manipulate around seventy cubic metres of water like this, but it would be very difficult to control.
      Equipment:
      His laptop
      Twenty full USBs
      Thirty empty USBs

Background

And he killed everyone.

I hope you realise JJ is going to try to set him up with Roc... probably in a ham fisted and awkward manner. Subtlety isn't her strong point.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:30 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description

Motivations and Desires

Fears:
    Letting people down.

Powers
    • Power 1:
    • Power 2:
      Equipment:
      His laptop
      Twenty full USBs
      Thirty empty USBs

Background

And he killed everyone.

I hope you realise JJ is going to try to set him up with Roc... probably in a ham fisted and awkward manner. Subtlety isn't her strong point.

Ok, but I hope you realise that it will likely end with him being frustrated and terrified, and JJ being declared his eternal enemy, with many villains in his next few stories being based on her.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:47 am

The Flutterlands wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:

Well, Ezra is actually with the group. Michael should know that.

Assume he mispoke and move on.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:48 am

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description

Motivations and Desires

Fears:
    Letting people down.

Powers
    • Power 1:
    • Power 2:
      Equipment:
      His laptop
      Twenty full USBs
      Thirty empty USBs

Background

And he killed everyone.

Accepted.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Leopold "Lios" Caerwyn
    Alternate Identities: "Lios"
    Hero, Villian or Neutral: Neutral
    Species: Human?
    Apperance: Leopold is somewhat tall, standing at around 1M78 but looks somewhat feminine from afar due to his notable slim figure.
    His main facial features stand in his odd eye color due to one being a deep blue and the other being brown, along with his scruffy dirty blond hair and some scars along his left cheek.

Usually, he avoids standing out and wears mostly casual clothing, although with a notable dubious sense of fashion, he wears a tracksuit for the most part, and when this one isn't available, he wears black hiking pants along with a brown T-shirt, said T-shirt has a lot of parts that have been vaguely repaired through amateur level sewing.
    Characters Biggest Strength: Leopold knows where to hit to make it hurt the most, and his stamina is definitely very high for someone his age.
    Characters Biggest Weakness: Despite his extensive training, he is rather weak in terms of raw strength, notably being unable to lift any more than half his weight.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: He really just wants to fit in.
    Secondary Goal: Getting social skills.
    Fears:The flash forward to his own death that he gets every once in a while when sleeping also makes him cower. Tapping into his past lives can also show the deaths of those people as well, which is just as frightening to him.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Mostly Soul based, his equipment is soul bound, but his martial knowledge must be kept up by training at all times.
  • Magic redirection:
    Effects: Essentially what this does is that a natural field of around 2 meters wide in diameter covers Leo's body. Once magic comes in contact with it, it randomly makes the spell behave chaotically while also dimming its power greatly. However, with enough training, Leo will eventually be able to make his field behave somewhat like a mirror of sorts, and send the spell back.

Weaknesses: First, Leo doesn't know that it is even active, and barely understands that it is a power in and of its own.
    The field will deactivate itself if Leo does so much as ingest one drop of alcohol or consciousness altering drug. Medical or not. It should also be noted that the field also deactivates when he sleeps or is knocked out.
  • Extensive inter-lives training:
    Effects: Due to a rare hereditary trait, Leo is able to tap into his soul's past incarnations, however, as he hasn't yet found a way to make that knowledge grow at all, he finds himself able to tap into three types of different knowledge, the first and more potent one, giving him naturally enhanced reflexes is that of an old meta assassin from the middle ages, the second is that of an arcane blacksmith. The third, while somewhat untapped yet, is that of a martial artist, a kenpo practitioner.
    Weaknesses: Due to his power not being fully tapped into yet, Leo has some trouble keeping his stamina up when focusing on his technical knowledge, also due to this, he may get random crippling visions of his past lives that can put him out of commission in an instant.
    Equipment:
    Unknown shortsword: A sword of unknown manufacture that Leo has on his person at all times, each and every test that have been taken have revealed it to be almost unbreakable but has only been made dull at most, similarly to its sheath. The blade itself extends up to 60 centimeters while being around 75 centimeters in total, and is reminiscent of a Merovingian seax. However, further tests are unavailable as Leo vehemently refuses to be separated from it. While looking almost untouched, it's been theorized that the sword is rather ancient due to its design.
    The sword itself doesn't have any other properties, aside from cosmetic ones when he taps into his past lives. While it doesn't have a link as noticeable as the coins, the sword will cause intense distress if put away from Leo for any extended period of time, and can eventually hurt him physically as the link will progressively erode to a point that Leo's soul will shatter and kill him.

Unknown coins: Coins and other currencies of unknown origin, to the naked eye, those coins have no effect. However, when thrown by Leo, they become quite lethal. Many of them have different effects, however thus far, he has only been able to synthesize two types. A fire burst, and what seems to be a trap that locks the target in place for a few seconds. They are soul bound, and will only ever react to his touch. Additionally, they may only be made by his hand only.
    The bag containing the coins had, at some point, many different coins and other types of projectiles, however throughout time and many uses, the general variety has gone down to two. Those are, until Leo somehow finds a way to tap further into his knowledge, the only ones he will be able to make.

Background
    Training and Education: Passed middle-School and two years of high-school. The rest of his knowledge rest in his past lives, which, depending on who lived when, is usually inadequate.
    Things any characters might know about them: Actually nothing, as he felt social media or anything of the sort was useless for quite some time.
    Group Affiliations: None.
    History and Bibliography: Leopold's early life is relatively normal, compared to a lot of super powered people.
    He mostly stood on the sidelines, both in school and in life, earning zero relationships whatsoever. Then again, he didn't need such things, he was very well on his own.
    If lacking a bit of social skills, making him brutally honest with people, with little to no filter on what he may say.

The sole thing that could differentiate his life from another regular teen's life were his constant flashbacks to past lives, and his constant need to train.
    And lastly, his death. Or rather, his deaths. Indeed, Leo has been able to foretell his own varied demises throughout time, even his future one to a frightening degree. So much so that it cripples him even in his everyday life.
    And it got to such a point that he very barely survived mentally, facing a problem his parents could hardly deal with since they hadn't had such issues, despite having the same power, they sent him to the academy, to maybe learn how to live with it, or even fight against it.

Summary: Anti-mage teen with past lives.

I finished, Bio is rubbish, but eh. It'll do.
I just hope that it's fine now. I don't think I fucked anything else up.
Last edited by Serah on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Serah wrote:
Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Apperance: Leopold is somewhat tall, standing at around 1M78 but looks somewhat feminine from afar due to his notable slim figure.
    His main facial features stand in his odd eye color due to one being a deep blue and the other being brown, along with his scruffy dirty blond hair and some scars along his left cheek.

Usually, he avoids standing out and wears mostly casual clothing, although with a notable dubious sense of fashion, he wears a tracksuit for the most part, and when this one isn't available, he wears black hiking pants along with a brown T-shirt, said T-shirt has a lot of parts that have been vaguely repaired through amateur level sewing.
    Characters Biggest Strength: Leopold knows where to hit to make it hurt the most, and his stamina is definitely very high for someone his age.
    Characters Biggest Weakness: Despite his extensive training, he is rather weak in terms of raw strength, notably being unable to lift any more than half his weight.

Motivations and Desires
    Fears: His 'fears' per se aren't exactly present, as he has mostly accepted that death and such things can and will happen, however, he can definitely break down if someone is even remotely aware of his past life.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Nobody exactly knows, it's been theorized that it's something that transcends both Meta and Magic sources.
    Supposedly, his equipment is soul bound. Other than that, he just trains A LOT.
  • Power negation:
    Effects: Any power, even non direct as long as it isn't an innate racial trait is negated once they enter a small, invisible field of two meters in diameter around him. Ex: He is holding a magic rune, that rune, as long as it is in his hand and not out of his effective range won't have any effect, however, once it is out, it will resume its effect.

Ex: *Character* Is part of a race that has natural control over light, said control over light will hit him regardless of whether or not his field is up.

Weaknesses: The field is entirely passive, it cannot through any way be made bigger, or smaller, and Leopold himself is entirely unaware of its effects, to him, it's just an insane amount of luck that has allowed him to survive Meta Human/Magic influences. It works like a shield of sorts, if anything Magic or Meta related attempts to hit him, it will pass right by him like a negative/negative magnetic reaction. Additionally, it doesn't extend if he extends his arm or leg or anything, it is a field that is centered around his waist.
    Additionally, this 'shield' works only when he is in full possession of his means. Ex:

-Won't work when drunk/tipsy, sleeping, drugged up, sedated, under hypnosis, afraid, stunned, blind, under vast amounts of pain... Etc.
    Effects: Due to his odd past lives, Leopold has managed to keep track of most, if not all of his past lives's memories regarding just about anything.
    However, all of those lives had something in common, martial training. Due to this, Leo can tap into those memories to gain an edge in battle, a side effect to that power is that he has natural mastery over numerous weapons and martial arts and has peak human level reflexes.
    Weaknesses: While those skills are somewhat natural, the longer they are used in a fight, the more they tire him. So much so that he can collapse.
    Equipment:
    Unknown shortsword: A sword of unknown manufacture that Leo has on his person at all times, each and every test that have been taken have revealed it to be almost unbreakable but has only been made dull at most, similarly to its sheath. The blade itself extends up to 60 centimeters while being around 75 centimeters in total, and is reminiscent of a Merovingian seax. However, further tests are unavailable as Leo vehemently refuses to be separated from it. While looking almost untouched, it's been theorized that the sword is rather ancient due to its design.

Unknown coins: Coins and other currencies of unknown origin, to the naked eye, those coins have no effect. However, when thrown by Leo, they become quite lethal. Many of them have different effects, however thus far, he has only been able to synthesize two types. A fire burst, and what seems to be a trap. They are theorized to be magical, yet no one knows, not even Leo himself, how he is able to make those.
    Even more mysterious is the fact that they only react to his touch.

Background
    Training and Education: (Where did they go to school and learn what they know now.)
    Things any characters might know about them: (Things a quick google search would reveal)
    Group Affiliations: (Who are they loyal to? What clubs do they owe allegiance? Who do they consider master?)

Summary: Anti-Powered teen with past lives.

I'll avoid getting on the bio right now, as I first want to see if I'll need to revamp anything.

He'll likely be part of the academy. Maybe.

We are not allowing power negation at this point in the thread so that's not really allowed. If h wants to negate a VERY specific thing that's different but this negates everything which we aren't doing.

The past lives stuff is really great and is enough to make a wonderful character with just that. In fact as it has been hinted past lives memory is the oldest human superpower in GAU.

Also add a real fear. Being fine with dying does not make one immune to fear, fear is a primal response no amount of nihilism or violence with ever remove.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Serah wrote:
Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description

Motivations and Desires
    Fears: His 'fears' per se aren't exactly present, as he has mostly accepted that death and such things can and will happen, however, he can definitely break down if someone is even remotely aware of his past life.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Nobody exactly knows, it's been theorized that it's something that transcends both Meta and Magic sources.
    Supposedly, his equipment is soul bound. Other than that, he just trains A LOT.
  • Power negation:
    Effects: Any power, even non direct as long as it isn't an innate racial trait is negated once they enter a small, invisible field of two meters in diameter around him. Ex: He is holding a magic rune, that rune, as long as it is in his hand and not out of his effective range won't have any effect, however, once it is out, it will resume its effect.

Ex: *Character* Is part of a race that has natural control over light, said control over light will hit him regardless of whether or not his field is up.

Weaknesses: The field is entirely passive, it cannot through any way be made bigger, or smaller, and Leopold himself is entirely unaware of its effects, to him, it's just an insane amount of luck that has allowed him to survive Meta Human/Magic influences. It works like a shield of sorts, if anything Magic or Meta related attempts to hit him, it will pass right by him like a negative/negative magnetic reaction. Additionally, it doesn't extend if he extends his arm or leg or anything, it is a field that is centered around his waist.
    Additionally, this 'shield' works only when he is in full possession of his means. Ex:

-Won't work when drunk/tipsy, sleeping, drugged up, sedated, under hypnosis, afraid, stunned, blind, under vast amounts of pain... Etc.
    Effects: Due to his odd past lives, Leopold has managed to keep track of most, if not all of his past lives's memories regarding just about anything.
    However, all of those lives had something in common, martial training. Due to this, Leo can tap into those memories to gain an edge in battle, a side effect to that power is that he has natural mastery over numerous weapons and martial arts and has peak human level reflexes.
    Weaknesses: While those skills are somewhat natural, the longer they are used in a fight, the more they tire him. So much so that he can collapse.
    Equipment:

Unknown coins: Coins and other currencies of unknown origin, to the naked eye, those coins have no effect. However, when thrown by Leo, they become quite lethal. Many of them have different effects, however thus far, he has only been able to synthesize two types. A fire burst, and what seems to be a trap. They are theorized to be magical, yet no one knows, not even Leo himself, how he is able to make those.
    Even more mysterious is the fact that they only react to his touch.

Background
    Training and Education: (Where did they go to school and learn what they know now.)
    Things any characters might know about them: (Things a quick google search would reveal)
    Group Affiliations: (Who are they loyal to? What clubs do they owe allegiance? Who do they consider master?)

Summary: Anti-Powered teen with past lives.

I'll avoid getting on the bio right now, as I first want to see if I'll need to revamp anything.

He'll likely be part of the academy. Maybe.

We are not allowing power negation at this point in the thread so that's not really allowed. If h wants to negate a VERY specific thing that's different but this negates everything which we aren't doing.

The past lives stuff is really great and is enough to make a wonderful character with just that. In fact as it has been hinted past lives memory is the oldest human superpower in GAU.

Also add a real fear. Being fine with dying does not make one immune to fear, fear is a primal response no amount of nihilism or violence with ever remove.

You didn't fully read the fear thing then.
Because I did set one.

Anyway, I can get rid of one of the sides of power negation, even though I think it'd be quite easy to counter it, given he doesn't negate EVERYTHING.
Just shooting him with a gun would be easy, he'd die just as easily.
And also, maybe I hadn't made it clear enough, but the negation doesn't mean that they don't have it anymore.

It just means something like this:

Roc goes for a high five:

Leopold high fives Roc, without getting his arm broken because her power has been negated, once Leo leaves, she goes to punch Mateo in the face, Mateo now needs intense therapy.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:11 pm

I've godmodded a little and had Ris slaughter the bouncers as I thought they were probably mooks. If you would rather he didn't, let me know and I'll edit the post...

On another note, if you have a shade-of-grey character, anti-villain, psychotic lunatic who you would like to give some direction to, lets us know on the OOC, Alice and Elinor are recruiting a dastardly crew with the hope of taking on certain shady government bodies. We will organise for a meeting in the IC.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Serah wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:

Because I did set one.

Anyway, I can get rid of one of the sides of power negation, even though I think it'd be quite easy to counter it, given he doesn't negate EVERYTHING.
And also, maybe I hadn't made it clear enough, but the negation doesn't mean that they don't have it anymore.

Leopold high fives Roc, without getting his arm broken because her power has been negated, once Leo leaves, she goes to punch Mateo in the face, Mateo now needs intense therapy.

"Can breakdown if someone is aware of his past lives" how? This doesn't make any sense? What does he have a panic attack if someone mentions his powers? It simply isn't clear to me. A fear is something that when mentioned or seen causes mental stress and a flight or freeze response. I don't get WHAT it is about his past lives that makes him afraid.

That's a better explanation and it better but I still think negating magic, meta powers and species traits is a bit much and is vague. Like what counts as a species trait vs just biology? Does a centaur turn into a horse or a human? So maybe not 100% negation.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Serah wrote:
Because I did set one.

"Can breakdown if someone is aware of his past lives" how? This doesn't make any sense? What does he have a panic attack if someone mentions his powers? It simply isn't clear to me. A fear is something that when mentioned or seen causes mental stress and a flight or freeze response. I don't get WHAT it is about his past lives that makes him afraid.

That's a better explanation and it better but I still think negating magic, meta powers and species traits is a bit much and is vague. Like what counts as a species trait vs just biology? Does a centaur turn into a horse or a human? So maybe not 100% negation.

Well, I don't get how people are afraid of spiders, and I don't really ask why because they wouldn't be able to tell me.
Mentioning a past life is still enough to make him freeze.
You also don't see me asking about why Deep Ones just go back to sea once they see a swastika, it's the same thing.

But I guess I could get something else, I'd just have to think about it.

Also, once more, you haven't read it.
I did say it wouldn't negate a racial trait.
A centaur, to take the same example you took, would not be affected, it wouldn't turn human, nor would it turn into a horse.

I've given at least three examples to show the limits of the power.
Took the example of an alien race, took several examples to say exactly what means "Not in full possession of his means", and took an example to exactly show how it works against a projectile.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Serah wrote:You also don't see me asking about why Deep Ones just go back to sea once they see a swastika, it's the same thing.

*The SS suddenly becomes earth's primary defense force against maritime life*
Man, you had me laughing.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Serah wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:

Well, I don't get how people are afraid of spiders, and I don't really ask why because they wouldn't be able to tell me.
Mentioning a past life is still enough to make him freeze.
You also don't see me asking about why Deep Ones just go back to sea once they see a swastika, it's the same thing.

But I guess I could get something else, I'd just have to think about it.

Also, once more, you haven't read it.
I did say it wouldn't negate a racial trait.
A centaur, to take the same example you took, would not be affected, it wouldn't turn human, nor would it turn into a horse.

I've given at least three examples to show the limits of the power.
Took the example of an alien race, took several examples to say exactly what means "Not in full possession of his means", and took an example to exactly show how it works against a projectile.

I don't fear spiders either but many people do. But they can tell you, I have some that can clearly explain it. The simple fact is that fears not specific enough, give us more detail. Is the fact someone else is inside his mind? Or the fact his thoughts aren't his own?

I think you should drop the negation. Peak reflex, training and various miscellaneous skills. I think he'll be great without it.

As for the Deep Ones it's a subconscious mental implant. Post hypnotic suggestion from ancestral magic.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse