NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us V4.0 [Superhero] (OOC|OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Will there be anything tinvolving Giovanni dangelo soon, additionally what would be a good way to intro my newest guy, Phantom?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:49 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Serah wrote:
Ah.
So I didn't describe what was in my mind.

Essentially, the shield doesn't stop anything, nor does it 'take' anything.
It's essentially a reactive barrier. If you hit it, it won't protect you immediately, but it will deal some severe heat/electrical damage.

Well if the heat is high enough it would melt certain materials? Does it just burn up things that pass through? But not close combat yes?

Even if it did, Albert doesn't wear armor under it.
So if it melted, it would melt on him. So it's not a bulletproof vest, it's an added protection for people that fight one on one in close combat. It could definitely cause some third degree burns on someone coming into contact with it though.
Someone like Johanna for instance would greatly benefit from it.

He's probably going to tune it somewhat better down the line, like augmenting the range, augmenting the power, such and such.
Right now, it's essentially a mix of Heamet and Mateo's power, Heamet's personal barrier without the resistance and Mateo's power with the electricity.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Serah wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:
Well if the heat is high enough it would melt certain materials? Does it just burn up things that pass through? But not close combat yes?

So if it melted, it would melt on him. So it's not a bulletproof vest, it's an added protection for people that fight one on one in close combat. It could definitely cause some third degree burns on someone coming into contact with it though.

He's probably going to tune it somewhat better down the line, like augmenting the range, augmenting the power, such and such.
Right now, it's essentially a mix of Heamet and Mateo's power, Heamet's personal barrier without the resistance and Mateo's power with the electricity.

Lets down grade it to second degree burns or make it so that it takes some time before third degree burns set in.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:34 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Will there be anything tinvolving Giovanni dangelo soon, additionally what would be a good way to intro my newest guy, Phantom?

I made a post for him. I was waiting on you. He got brought to the manor and got a suit.

Which of the arcs (see second post fo NYC thread) most appeals to you/do you think would be easiest to add him to?
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Will there be anything tinvolving Giovanni dangelo soon, additionally what would be a good way to intro my newest guy, Phantom?

I made a post for him. I was waiting on you. He got brought to the manor and got a suit.

Which of the arcs (see second post fo NYC thread) most appeals to you/do you think would be easiest to add him to?

Ok, i must have missed that then, let me take a look, will get an answer to you alter, have to let my PC rest.

Edit: whichever arc you think will be best, you had mentioned something with Dyelli?
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:53 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Serah wrote:

Lets down grade it to second degree burns or make it so that it takes some time before third degree burns set in.

And done, I edited it.

Should be good now, right?

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Serah wrote:
Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Alfred Friedrich Von Neumann
    Alternate Identities: Von Neumann
    Species: Male
    Apperance: He won't tell you where he got the scar.
    Characters Biggest Strength: His intelligence, cunning and ingenuity.
    Characters Biggest Weakness: A certain amount of cockiness and unwillingness to bend to rules, obeying only to a select few can and does unnerve a lot of people. Too many people.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: Create a masterpiece, outshining all that he has done before. Currently, what he thinks would be his best creation would be to create an engine capable of going FTL.
    Secondary Goal: Gaining money, although it is generally easy, his experiences and other manners of weapons aren't cheap and can be considered the best on this earth, maybe rivaling Deep One tech to a degree.
    Fears: Treason, treason from a trusted asset scares him beyond what anyone would think. Considering the amount of trust he puts into the select few that he does trust, the sheer thought of it paralyzes him immediately. The act would likely kill him on the spot.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Difficult to pinpoint, it's been guessed that he isn't thoroughly human, but the meta gene hasn't been found in him. Nor is magic detected.
  • Superhuman Intelligence:
    Effects: Like the actual Von Neumann, one of the applications of this power is that he essentially has a computer inside his head, a natural one, that is. He can essentially rival a supercomputer without too much of an issue, needless to say, he's the most intelligent man on the planet. He knows everything there is to know about engineering, science... You name it, he knows it.
    Weaknesses: Anything that disrupts the brain could disrupt its usage, although it can never properly be stopped, the only way to get rid of it would be to get rid of his brain.
    Adding to that, while he may be aware of futuristic medical practices or such things, if it doesn't go under his mechanic sense, he will not be able to do it. Only inform people how to do it.
  • Mechanic sense:
    Effects: Coupled with his intelligence, this essentially allows him to create anything he wants, assuming he has the materials to do so. Theoretically, he could invent new materials to do the job, which is essentially what he does on a monthly basis, which gives meta defense groups such as the NYMD or the Knights the necessary weapons to fight the threats they face every day.
    Weaknesses: Again, anything that disrupts the brain disrupts its usage. Destroying the brain is the only way to get rid of it. And him.
    A good thing to keep in mind is that while he may be able to create things, he may not be able to use them to their highest degree due to lack of strength, agility or otherwise ability he doesn't have.
  • Photographic endless memory:
    Effects: Anything he sees, he remembers forever.
    Weaknesses: Again, anything that disrupts the brain disrupts its usage. Destroying the brain is the only way to get rid of it. And him.
    Equipment: He doesn't fight on his own, although he does keep some of his creations around, the ones that couldn't be given away. Most of them he cannot use himself.
    Although his notable personal creations are:

• Personal Energy Condenser: Taking the form of a bracelet, under cases where Albert would be attacked, it turns into a personal wrist cannon that feeds on his latent unused energy to unleash sudden short ranged blasts of kinetic energy. If well timed, it can even stop low caliber bullets. Yet it comes with a rather noticeable recoil that can easily break his arm if he isn't careful.
    • Personal Electromagnetic Field/Plasma Condenser: Essentially a low grade emulation of what Mateo's power could be, the gauntlet that contains the device can create a low energy electric field that acts as some form of shield for the user. While it doesn't protect from blows, it deals them back harshly.
      It should be noted that while it could theoretically melt things, it would hardly be useful for someone such as Albert due to his lack of armor, however, if someone's skin were to come into contact with it, in a matter of seconds, the skin would undergo severe burns ranging from second to third degree burns depending on the exposition.
      However, another use of it may be to focus the energy on a single point to create a super-heated yet very small plasma bullet that can be fired by an adapted gun. To this day, creating a gun chamber small enough, yet resistant enough to survive the bullet hasn't been very successful.

Background
    Occupation: He sells his inventions and is paid by various governments to furnish them with better armor/weapons. In short, an inventor.
    Training and Education: He went to Harvard, but never really liked it there, and left after a semester. His true education would be way beyond any dispensed there.
    Things any characters might know about them: His early life, disappearance and reappearance, age, and most recent civil invention. Latest being Hyperium, a hyper dense molecule of deuterium used in the new Fusion power plants and Hex-Ferrum, an incredibly dense form of iron that revolutionizes industry by its incredible resistance.
    Group Affiliations: Albert does not bow to anyone, nor does he swear allegiance to any group. The people he trusts are Calamity, Heamet and someone else that he wants to keep hidden for now.
    History and Bibliography:
    Von Neumann was born in England, to a German mother and British father, growing up relatively normally until the age of four, where he managed to learn several languages by reading and repeating books. A few years later, he was found creating a car from spare parts.
    Of course, this drew the attention of many universities, as he had surpassed by far all that he needed to know at his age and could remember it nigh perfectly.
    As such, he was one of the youngest geniuses of his time, vastly outshining the others. Yet, there was a point in his life where he simply stopped creating things, and tried to live normally.
    Around his 14th birthday however, he disappeared mysteriously, only to reappear ten years later in Wales. Nobody knows what exactly happened in that period of time, however, he came back with a severe burn scar on the side of his face and crippling trust issues. So much that he couldn't even trust his parents for a long while.
    Facing the fact that he couldn't simply live that way, he once again left to live somewhere else, in the five years time that this period followed, he lived in various places, Hungary, Russia, Czech republic, Germany, Norway, and lastly Canada. Canada was the one place he settled for a while in, as long as seven years.

In Canada, he returned to his inventions, inventing new materials, revolutionizing industry, medicine and even information technology. So much so that the American government paid him to settle there, where no one would bother him.
    And indeed, no one did until the Knights and the NYMD were founded. At which point he grew more distant, until Calamity and Heamet found him, and earned his trust, proving to him that the two groups weren't just a more organized vigilante force that acted for the protection of Meta and Humans alike.

Now, while he has gotten less distant, he chooses to remain in his lab for the most part. However a certain person from his past may visit him again.
    And it may prove to be quite the change to his otherwise calm lab life.

Summary: Essentially a hyper intelligent Tony Stark without the armor.

Tell me what you think of this one, I think I might have some decent fun if it looks good.

Finally finished the bio.

Accepted.

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name:Sebastian Menoz
    Alternate Identities:Doctor Heat Death
    Species:Human
    Apperance: A Spanish man with incredibly pale skin, thin wire glasses, and a full black mustache. Dresses in a black hazmat suit with a reflective mirrored faceplate.
    Characters Biggest Strength: Healing abilities and non-combat medical skills.
    Characters Biggest Weakness: A strong desire to remain alive at all costs, including abandoning a mission or allies.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: Stay young and reclaim his lost youth.
    Secondary Goal: Increase the abilities of his entropic devices past the limits of human technology. Get a supply of human test subjects. Access to dangerous and exotic technology.
    Fears:Aging, the thought he is growing old, his own mortality.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Technology and intelligence
  • Power 1: Entropy Mastery
    Effects: Using various personal gadgets and his own personal knowledge of medicine, pharmaceuticals and physics the Doctor can manipulate entropic forces to alter things around him. The most common use for this is to lessen physical damage, by stopping entropy flows an object can be prevented from breaking down at every level and by taking energy from one system and putting it into another he can increase the decay of an object, cause it damage from excess energy or use the extra energy to amplify natural regeneration. If he has a few minutes to set up specific tools he can cause a person to suffer serious debilitating damage as there quantum systems are interrupted, this only lasts a short while and unless sustain is non—fatal.
    Weaknesses: Heat, strong radiation or microwaves. Entropy and the devices he has to manipulate it are very prone to being affected by changes in energy. Heat in excess of 20* C will severely retard his abilities and temperatures below 0* C are ideal. Otherwise his abilities diminish drastically. The range of all of the Doctors skills is only 15meters, with most of them requiring physical contact. Usually takes time, most of the Doctors procedures require the patient to stay still and allow him to work for a few uninterrupted minutes.

Equipment: Bulletproof Hazmat suit that has internal entropy generators to limit his own decay. A pistol sidearm. A long-range entropy harpoon to manipulate objects up to 15 meters away. Numerous medical devices and drugs infused with entropic technology.

Background
[list]Occupation: Knight of America. Doctor of Medicine at Harvard University.
Training and Education: PhD in Medicine, Chemistry, and Engineering. Honorary Degrees of Medicine, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, and Pharmacology,
Things any characters might know about them: A member of the Knights of America. Dr. “Heat Death” Munoz is a medical doctor who helps the Knights treat injuries in the field, he possessed advanced knowledge of Entropy which allows him to preform major surgery in a matter of minutes without any medical risks. During his free time he teaches at Harvard. An estimate by the Medical Institute of America estimates he has personally saved 580+ lives.
Group Affiliations: The Knights of America and Harvard University.
History and Bibliography:
Dr. Menoz was born in 1888 in Spain to a middle-class family. The son of a doctor he followed in his father footsteps. His life was uneventful until the Influenza epidemic of 1918 wreaked havoc through his home country and he saw the true nature of the world. Heavily disillusioned the way any survivor of the Great War might have been Menoz developed a strong drive to return to his childhood where the world seemed bright and safe, before the Spanish Flu and the War. To this end her became deathly afraid of death and desired a way to reverse the ageing process so he could stay forever young and alive.

Menoz was helped by his friend Estaban who returned from the war with a book he stole from a German he claimed was a wizard. Menoz quickly deduced the book was actually a book of strange medical and scientific documents which drew inspiration from occult sources. Taking the book to colleges and scientists across Europe Menoz began to put together a series of theories and ideas about chemistry, medicine, the human body and the relatively new concept of entropy.

In 1928 Menoz conducted his first experiment with a group of scientists in Spain successfully de-aging a monkey a whole year. Menoz immediately tested an enhanced product on himself and shaved ten years of his life. His partners were horrified by his unethical actions and tried to cut him off the project. He proceeded to kill them all and flee to the United States where he continued to work with scientists and doctors for several more decades to perfect his skills.

During this time, he made allies in the CIA and Ivy College syndicate which allowed him to build experiment technology to advance his arts. He has been responsible for several high-profile surgeries, and saved the lives of a President on one occasion. He was a small target of the Cold War for a short time before he went into hiding underground and continued his work is secret, in smalltown America.

However after the Knights were founded and the new age of Meta-humanity emerged he could no longer hide. He returned to the scientific world with his final products technology able to do wonders of healing, de-aging and surgery. He was quickly given dozens of honorary degrees and hired by Harvard in a competitive bidding war. Later he was approached by DARPA to act as the field medic for the Knights of America and accepted in exchange for a paycheck and access to DARPA’s assets. [list]

Summary: Entropy Control Combat Medic.
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:04 am

Google Translate Italian is besht!
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:40 am

Normally I am the one to complain when armies of thugs and henchmen are treated like a bunch of toddlers with waterguns but sometimes there are occasions when I really just want you to take care of one goddamn random little thug in the swiftest way possible. But well, I will work with it. Not that it matters anyways.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:48 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Normally I am the one to complain when armies of thugs and henchmen are treated like a bunch of toddlers with waterguns but sometimes there are occasions when I really just want you to take care of one goddamn random little thug in the swiftest way possible. But well, I will work with it. Not that it matters anyways.

Oh, so you want me to just take care of him like he was nothing?
I can do that, just wait for the edit. I just didn't want Johanna to feel too powerful, and since he talked, I thought he was important.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Serah wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Normally I am the one to complain when armies of thugs and henchmen are treated like a bunch of toddlers with waterguns but sometimes there are occasions when I really just want you to take care of one goddamn random little thug in the swiftest way possible. But well, I will work with it. Not that it matters anyways.

Oh, so you want me to just take care of him like he was nothing?
I can do that, just wait for the edit. I just didn't want Johanna to feel too powerful, and since he talked, I thought he was important.

Nah, it's not that important anyways since my next action didn't need him and could take place with or without him and he wouldn't have any impact on it.

Now though I gotta start carefully thinking about how to continue this little investigation. What clues could come next is the big question.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:42 pm

Damn that post was turbo overdue.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Serah wrote:
Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Mateo Vasarelli
    Alternate Identities: Il Dottore
    Species: Meta-Human
    Apperance: Neck length caramel brown hair, bright green eyes, pharmacist coat and dark green pants, he also tends to wear masks from Venice, such as the plague doctor ones and carnival masks.
    Characters Biggest Strength: Reliability, calm and pragmatism.
    Characters Biggest Weakness: Pride, a sense of idolization of Heamet and the other members of the NYMD plus PTSD.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: Mateo doesn't exactly have any special goals that need to be realized, maybe getting out of the academy ASAP may be a good goal.
    Secondary Goal: Surviving, surviving is good.
    Fears: Storms, storms terrify him to such a degree that he simply discharges his power explosively and either passes out, or runs away. Beyond that, he fears losing people, whether they be on his team, or simple civilians. It makes him think that he's essentially alone, that no one's there anymore. Such a thing can make him fall into deep despair.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Meta Human with cell modifications to go along.
  • Static Electricity withdrawal/retention:
    Effects: Mateo, through the help of his cells, naturally draws ambient electricity to him, at which point when he has enough, he can draw it out in various manners. In a day and depending on where he is, as a rural town certainly has less ambient electricity than the usual electric power plant, he may gain anywhere from 5 to 15% of his maximum energy level. That said, he can manually draw on electricity if he's near a source of it. His current max, while it could eventually through some heavy training be augmented, currently lays at around 1000kVA or 100kV at 30Amps (Essentially a high energy car battery), enough to manifest some visible arcs.
    Weaknesses: What brings the whole thing down is essentially when Mateo runs out of power. When he does, he passes out until there's enough electricity to get him running. Chances are, however, that he won't be awake even if it does. Sort of like a coma, to a degree.
    Beyond that, water puts him out immediately, as it completely saps him of any energy.
  • Electrical infusion:
    Effects: As the name suggests, it allows Mateo to infuse his electricity in things he has an immediate contact to. Including himself. Infusing certain parts of his body, such as his head or arms may increase their movement speed or reaction time. He could, theoretically start shooting electricity, or letting electricity run on water's surface, but he hasn't gotten to that point yet.
    On the matter of heightened speed, it usually comes close to superhuman, while the reflexes remain peak human. The strength however is only barely augmented.
    Weaknesses: As said above, the power is countered by water, and by general lack of power.

Equipment: A battery less phone capable of tracking his general power left through the battery level.

Background
    Training and Education: Mateo was always homeschooled, but has a high school level education with some matters being more fluent than others.
    Things any characters might know about them: His age, occupation, real name.
    Group Affiliations: Mateo is part of the NYMD and treats most that are older than him in the service as his superior.
    History and Bibliography: Mateo was born to a rich family in Venice, raised basically like nobility, he soon found himself able to do things nobody else could, such as bending electricity to his whims, something that he almost immediately used to try and help people.
    Due to his family travelling, he was often very alone in his house, able to do whatever he wanted without really being repressed for it, as such, he had a very similar education to Heamet, as he was completely immersed into superhero stories, and that resulted in the first time he wanted to try flying.
    And the first time he fell in the waters of the city.
    Which made him learn about his main weakness, it being water, he also learned about his need to 'feed' on electrical currents

After a good five years, he chose his own cover and became something like the Italian batman, except with less capes and more masks.
    During this time, his family discovered his occupations and sent him to someone they knew that was creating a superhero team.
    And that person ended up being Heamet.

During his stay in America, he grew very close to Heamet due to the latter's knowledge of Italian, even considering him as a foster father and supplying information, should it be needed.
    However, he often goes back to Italy, simply to check on Venice or his family in general.

Summary: A slightly clueless and tormented man using electricity. Masks optional.

Finished. I like to think I made it better this time.

Drop the descriptions of Volts and Amps, we will use abstract descriptions instead. His base power is equal to a car battery.
The intensity of his speed increase will be dependent on how much power he puts into his limbs. Maxing out at peak human for a child, which is less than peak human for an adult. Of course, aging will increase that.
And I notice that the 3 meters had been dropped, which makes me assume he need hand to hand combat to be able to infuse things with electricity. Is this a mistake?
Make the appove changes and it will be accepted.
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:08 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Serah wrote:
Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Mateo Vasarelli
    Alternate Identities: Il Dottore
    Species: Meta-Human
    Apperance: Neck length caramel brown hair, bright green eyes, pharmacist coat and dark green pants, he also tends to wear masks from Venice, such as the plague doctor ones and carnival masks.
    Characters Biggest Strength: Reliability, calm and pragmatism.
    Characters Biggest Weakness: Pride, a sense of idolization of Heamet and the other members of the NYMD plus PTSD.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: Mateo doesn't exactly have any special goals that need to be realized, maybe getting out of the academy ASAP may be a good goal.
    Secondary Goal: Surviving, surviving is good.
    Fears: Storms, storms terrify him to such a degree that he simply discharges his power explosively and either passes out, or runs away. Beyond that, he fears losing people, whether they be on his team, or simple civilians. It makes him think that he's essentially alone, that no one's there anymore. Such a thing can make him fall into deep despair.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Meta Human with cell modifications to go along.
  • Static Electricity withdrawal/retention:
    Effects: Mateo, through the help of his cells, naturally draws ambient electricity to him, at which point when he has enough, he can draw it out in various manners. In a day and depending on where he is, as a rural town certainly has less ambient electricity than the usual electric power plant, he may gain anywhere from 5 to 15% of his maximum energy level. That said, he can manually draw on electricity if he's near a source of it. His current max, while it could eventually through some heavy training be augmented, currently lays at around 1000kVA or 100kV at 30Amps (Essentially a high energy car battery), enough to manifest some visible arcs.
    Weaknesses: What brings the whole thing down is essentially when Mateo runs out of power. When he does, he passes out until there's enough electricity to get him running. Chances are, however, that he won't be awake even if it does. Sort of like a coma, to a degree.
    Beyond that, water puts him out immediately, as it completely saps him of any energy.
  • Electrical infusion:
    Effects: As the name suggests, it allows Mateo to infuse his electricity in things he has an immediate contact to. Including himself. Infusing certain parts of his body, such as his head or arms may increase their movement speed or reaction time. He could, theoretically start shooting electricity, or letting electricity run on water's surface, but he hasn't gotten to that point yet.
    On the matter of heightened speed, it usually comes close to superhuman, while the reflexes remain peak human. The strength however is only barely augmented.
    Weaknesses: As said above, the power is countered by water, and by general lack of power.

Equipment: A battery less phone capable of tracking his general power left through the battery level.

Background
    Training and Education: Mateo was always homeschooled, but has a high school level education with some matters being more fluent than others.
    Things any characters might know about them: His age, occupation, real name.
    Group Affiliations: Mateo is part of the NYMD and treats most that are older than him in the service as his superior.
    History and Bibliography: Mateo was born to a rich family in Venice, raised basically like nobility, he soon found himself able to do things nobody else could, such as bending electricity to his whims, something that he almost immediately used to try and help people.
    Due to his family travelling, he was often very alone in his house, able to do whatever he wanted without really being repressed for it, as such, he had a very similar education to Heamet, as he was completely immersed into superhero stories, and that resulted in the first time he wanted to try flying.
    And the first time he fell in the waters of the city.
    Which made him learn about his main weakness, it being water, he also learned about his need to 'feed' on electrical currents

After a good five years, he chose his own cover and became something like the Italian batman, except with less capes and more masks.
    During this time, his family discovered his occupations and sent him to someone they knew that was creating a superhero team.
    And that person ended up being Heamet.

During his stay in America, he grew very close to Heamet due to the latter's knowledge of Italian, even considering him as a foster father and supplying information, should it be needed.
    However, he often goes back to Italy, simply to check on Venice or his family in general.

Summary: A slightly clueless and tormented man using electricity. Masks optional.

Finished. I like to think I made it better this time.

Drop the descriptions of Volts and Amps, we will use abstract descriptions instead. His base power is equal to a car battery.
The intensity of his speed increase will be dependent on how much power he puts into his limbs. Maxing out at peak human for a child, which is less than peak human for an adult. Of course, aging will increase that.
And I notice that the 3 meters had been dropped, which makes me assume he need hand to hand combat to be able to infuse things with electricity. Is this a mistake?
Make the appove changes and it will be accepted.

It's not a mistake, I noticed I hardly ever used it at all, and felt like just using the railgun technique was better all in all. I made the infusing more powerful and distinct to balance it out though, now, he'll need to touch something to infuse it.

You have to make up your mind sometime though, first you tell me "Use examples and numbers we can relate to." and now you tell me it's going to be a car battery?
Well, anyway, I'll make the changes.

EDIT: Made the changes.
Last edited by Serah on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Going to post soon. How should Pitch find the kids?
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Will try to get a post out today, PL, for Gio, it might be short.

EDIT: PL, would it be ok, if i made a post with my character leaving a bank, then situate him somewhere from tehre?
Last edited by Shadowwell on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:30 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:Going to post soon. How should Pitch find the kids?

Have him rush through the house. It's like a maze but he can come at them through windows or maybe the ceiling and floorboards. The kids meanwhile will try to keep him out.

Brooke's communication will take time but it will work. Just have to stay alive until then.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:32 pm

PL, would it be ok, if i made a post with my character leaving a bank, aftre having robbed it. then situate him somewhere from tehre?

Not Gio, but Robert Donovan.

EDIT: additionally i posted, btu can change it, was unsure had they arrived, so i assumed.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Shadowwell wrote:PL, would it be ok, if i made a post with my character leaving a bank, aftre having robbed it. then situate him somewhere from tehre?

EDIT: additionally i posted, btu can change it, was unsure had they arrived, so i assumed.

Yes. I have a plan and tell me if it works. Calamity is going to send knights to find and kidnap a villain they can release later to cause an incident.

How does having your character locked up for a bit sound?

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 pm

I will get post up tomorrow. Going to work on it.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:40 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:PL, would it be ok, if i made a post with my character leaving a bank, aftre having robbed it. then situate him somewhere from tehre?

Yes. I have a plan and tell me if it works. Calamity is going to send knights to find and kidnap a villain they can release later to cause an incident.

How does having your character locked up for a bit sound?

Should be fine the cell will have to be made of plastics or non natural materials and relatively airtight/watertight, or he could escape, possiblt.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:21 am

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Fredrik Sörensen
    Alternate Identities: The Sad Smuggler
    Species: Human
    Apperance: http://image.karneval-megastore.de/big/karneval-accessoire-bartKapitaen-272351000-1.jpg
    Characters Biggest Strength: He's incredibly talented in stealth and, well, smuggling things so basically stealthily moving cargo or goods.
    Characters Biggest Weakness: Lost the will to live on. Constantly on the look for trouble, trying to feel the adrenaline of life in dangerous situations or just drink his memories away with alcohol. Though since this is subject to change with the further growth of the character, I guess his biggest weakness is being a mere human. He can try facing some real soldiers but already a one on one fight will be difficult if he has no advantages.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: Nothing. That is it, he lost the will to live for a reason I explain in his bio.
    Secondary Goal: Living a dangerous life in order to end his miserable existence.
    Fears: What he really fears, what traumatizes him? I dare say that it is flying? Sorry if I only put one fear but I've never been too good at this kind of stuff and right now he fears very little. No he almost embraces what he feared before, hoping that it would make him feel something again or atleast kill him.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers -
  • Power 1: -
    Effects: -
    Weaknesses: -
  • Power 2: -
    Effects: -
    Weaknesses: -
    Equipment: Well, a Captain's Uniform, a compass, a telescope, a crowbar and always a bottle of Schnaps

Background
    Occupation: He's a smuggler. Actually one of the world's most reliable, honest and best smugglers. Hence why his services are so sought after.
    Training and Education: Uhm, he went to school in Narvik. Just completely normal elemental school, then after that Gymnasium although he did leave there early. He then started working for Widerøe’s Flyveselskap and absolved a training as pilot. However, for reasons mentioned in the bio he quit flying and instead turned to the seas. Sailing had already been a major hobby of his during his childhood and so he continued and became a smuggler. All the rest comes from experiences he has made with his current "job".
    Things any characters might know about them: Je well, a google search for him might reveal his long defunct profiles some jobsites, showing what he did at Widerøe’s Flyveselskap. Apart from that and much more interesting will be the newspaper articles about a plane from Widerøe’s Flyveselskap piloted by Mr. and Mrs. Sörensen mysteriously crashing in Scandinavia. So yeah, basically one can find articles of him being a survivor of a plane crash and the plane's pilot while his wife died.
    Group Affiliations: None really
    History and Bibliography: Well, let's get to work eh? Fredrik was a pretty normal kid during his youth, loving the seas and all that. Together with his father he often went out to sail a little in the cold, harsha nd unforgiving northern seas. He eventually got into elementary school, had outstanding grades and easily got onto the Gymnasium. There he also did well and decided that he didn't want to bother with the Abitur and instead decided to make his dream of flying come true. He signed up for pilot training at Widerøe’s Flyveselskap. Now, there his life changed. He met the love of his life, Ilyanna. And boy, the following months during which they completed their pilot training together where the finest of his life. And of course once they had finished their training, they married and decided that they would fly a plane to celebrate their marriage.
    It was the beginning of Fredrik's downfall.

During the flight something happened. The equipment suddenly didn't function properly and the plane was rapidly loosing height. It was in this situation that they, without their technical gadgets, tried their best to land the plane. And yet, he just couldn't get it done properly untill Ilyanna took over for him. And then came the crash and all went dark.

When Fredrik woke up, the first thing he saw was blood. Lots of blood. He didn't want to look to his side. Didn't want to see what his mind was already telling him. And yet, the temptation was too great. And so he finally looked and the sight that presented itself to him would be forever burned into his mind. There was his wife, a tree branch having pierce her throat, her eyes wide open and lifeless and her mouth wide open.
    He on the other hand was unharmed. After this incident he quit flying. During the investigations and trials he was soon classified as highly traumatized and exempted from interrogations. And so he began drinking, trying to wash away that picture that had burned itself deeply into his memory.

The drink did have an effect, the memory of her partly vanished or was distorted and now he believed that she had crashed the plane purposefully in a way that would kill her, so that she could leave him. And yet,
    he couldn't forget her and his life became empty without her. He felt dead inside. Well, tht was untill he decided to take to the seas again, hoping that this hobby of his would breathe life back into him. Well, to be fair, it didn't really work out and so he instead started seeking out death. That was when he found what he wanted to do in his future. The rush of narrowly avoiding death, the adrenaline atleast gave him an illusion of living. And so he thought that dangerous activities could maybe make him feel again. And what was most obviously dangerous? Yes, indeed, illegal activities. However, Fredrik Sörensen was no man who wanted to kill others or directly make their lives miserable. Thinking of activities which he could take up, he finally read a book about smugglers, men who, back in time, travelled the seas. Sometimes they were heros, sometimes villains. Clear to him was, that this job was probably a quite dangerous one without really hurting his moral code too much.

And so he's spent the years untill now cruising the seas, smuggling goods for criminals, governments and corporations.

Summary: A tragic Smuggler

Jesus Luxa, size 200 for the summary? That's a little bit overkill.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:08 am

In before Exil gets reprimanded for already using a character who hasn't even been accepted yet. Then again, he is a NPC and the app is only there for possible further development of him. Besides, I doubt that the app will be denied as there should be no balance issues with this character at all.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:58 am

What kind of entrance would be good for Neltharos in Illumination? Maybe due to his psyker powers, he notices that something is off about the governor??(He is a business person so it is not far fetched that they would meet...)
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:00 am

Johanna is wearing a helmet, right?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse