NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us V4.0 [Superhero] (OOC|OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:02 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
I don't know many mages we have currently, so... I can't talk about it.

Well, there's a reason Luxa mentioned you, me and Flutter.
We are the three with major magic reliant characters.
Aka Brookes, The Baroness and Pitch Black.
And I am pretty sure we all imagine our characters to function like you jsut described it for Brookes.

Well, Brookes doesn't carry a staff and doesn't have a magical horn, too. The Baroness... I never read anything about her, so... Yeah.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:
The drama is the same as trying to keep a bear from breaking into your house. Hearing the window rattle and knowing that if it gets a finger inside with will overpower you. Of racing against the clock to make a Death House do what you want while a creature hell bent on your destruction starts oozing up from the floor. It's a classic horror scene, the thing trying to get in while everyone tries to keep it out.

Well then we will have to hope there's an opportunity for it. But we shouldn't try to shoe horn in details. Have a few good ideas in mind and if you get the opportunity for them then go for it. But if swords aren't doing it, then maybe you might need to settle for something like a stab with a unicorn horn, or a blast of sleep spell. Just try not to pen yourself in with a single idea.

@EVERYONE, but Flutter, ROE, and Brookes a bit more than most.

I'm thinking about how to better categorize "Magic" powers and came up with this system. What do you think?

• Application: How is this kind of magic used? Is it used for combat? defensive? investigation? Self-improvement? or Crafting? Alchemical combat might involve turning someone to stone, while self-improving alchemy is more about changing your own body to be better, and investigative Alchemy might be understanding deep metaphysical traits of a material.
    Theme: This is the style of magic used. Some examples madness, death, dream, passion, time, space, shadows, Blood, Light, Ultraviolet radiation, necromancy, alchemy, pyromancy, biomancy,? Basically, if you can relate your effect and power back to this theme then its a no go. So if you can't explain how your mind reading is related to fire, then your pyromancer can't do it.
    System: How do you trigger your powers? Words, hand gestures, complex scientific processes, drawings, wand waving, physical contact.

Something simple but detailed enough to give us a system to work with. Still very unsure about the idea. But I figure we can also use it gauge the relative strength of magic.
Like the more complex the System part is, the more close the spell is the theme and application the stronger it would be.

I really think that defining the extension of the magical capabilities can be troublesome. I'm saying this only because I play as a mage here, I'm also saying it given the fact it is hard to precise when one thing starts and another things ends.

Making it clearer, I'd say it should be relative to the strength the character possess. For example, if you want to have a mage that can transform his body into a crazy fire giant, you'll have to be specific about the fire magic. It would work more as a specialization system than a classification one, and it could help the formation as a team.

The same is said about Imogen and William. The first clearly has a more offensive posture, while the second knows more, can cast more things, but the last time he entered in a battle he couldn't fire a pistol properly. So I'd say it's more of a question based on prudence of the concept (if you're human, vampire, lich, etc.) than classifying it to see how strong it is.

With that said, I would probably classify William as a arcane, more ritualistic mage who works with (obviously) rituals, hand gesture and words. But again, I don't think it is a very good idea.

Maybe this system could be used as an initial limitation for Academy characters.

Thanks this is superhelpful.

Also for Brookes what would you saw his specific Application and Themes are? You say Arcane but that's more another word for magic and Ritual is more of a system in my book.

Like if I was to guess, and again this is just a guess. I might imagine it something like this for Brookes

Application: Warding and entrapment. He mostly uses his magic to trap, weaken, or interrogate folks. Maining thinking about the recent fight and the bit with the ghosts. (Although I could also see an argument for investigation or combat)
Theme: True Names. Trying to identify features, traits, and names of an object or person to gain power over them. Again this seems to be a trait he showed recently and it ties his mundane detective abilities into his power
System: Drawings and Words.

And again I want to clarify I think you handle magic VERY well but I'm just brainstorming here because I want to be able to be abit more specific with these sort of generic magic knowers.

Maybe Pitch Black would be... (Again guessing based on what I know.)

Application: Corruption. He mostly uses it to harm people and objects, but not explicitly combat. He's about dragging them down with magic before going for a killing blow or manipulating them to his ends.
Theme: Dreams. Subconscious stuff and the dreamlands.
System: Internal Power. He is a creature of magic so he draws on his own biology to use his powers. Sometimes he might weaken himself for a bigger feat or find his state of being influences his magical ability.

I just think we need a little bit of a framework for answering questions like.
Can a wizard do this spell which seems outside of their element?
If two wizards are casting spells which one is more powerful given the circumstances?
But maybe i'm trying to anwswer a question that doesn't matter. Let me know. I'm mainly just brainstorming.
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
I really think that defining the extension of the magical capabilities can be troublesome. I'm saying this only because I play as a mage here, I'm also saying it given the fact it is hard to precise when one thing starts and another things ends.

Making it clearer, I'd say it should be relative to the strength the character possess. For example, if you want to have a mage that can transform his body into a crazy fire giant, you'll have to be specific about the fire magic. It would work more as a specialization system than a classification one, and it could help the formation as a team.

The same is said about Imogen and William. The first clearly has a more offensive posture, while the second knows more, can cast more things, but the last time he entered in a battle he couldn't fire a pistol properly. So I'd say it's more of a question based on prudence of the concept (if you're human, vampire, lich, etc.) than classifying it to see how strong it is.

With that said, I would probably classify William as a arcane, more ritualistic mage who works with (obviously) rituals, hand gesture and words. But again, I don't think it is a very good idea.

Maybe this system could be used as an initial limitation for Academy characters.

Thanks this is superhelpful.

Also for Brookes what would you saw his specific Application and Themes are? You say Arcane but that's more another word for magic and Ritual is more of a system in my book.

Like if I was to guess, and again this is just a guess. I might imagine it something like this for Brookes

Application: Warding and entrapment. He mostly uses his magic to trap, weaken, or interrogate folks. Maining thinking about the recent fight and the bit with the ghosts. (Although I could also see an argument for investigation or combat)
Theme: True Names. Trying to identify features, traits, and names of an object or person to gain power over them. Again this seems to be a trait he showed recently and it ties his mundane detective abilities into his power
System: Drawings and Words.

And again I want to clarify I think you handle magic VERY well but I'm just brainstorming here because I want to be able to be abit more specific with these sort of generic magic knowers.

Maybe Pitch Black would be... (Again guessing based on what I know.)

Application: Corruption. He mostly uses it to harm people and objects, but not explicitly combat. He's about dragging them down with magic before going for a killing blow or manipulating them to his ends.
Theme: Dreams. Subconscious stuff and the dreamlands.
System: Internal Power. He is a creature of magic so he draws on his own biology to use his powers. Sometimes he might weaken himself for a bigger feat or find his state of being influences his magical ability.

I just think we need a little bit of a framework for answering questions like.
Can a wizard do this spell which seems outside of their element?
If two wizards are casting spells which one is more powerful given the circumstances?
But maybe i'm trying to anwswer a question that doesn't matter. Let me know. I'm mainly just brainstorming.

So...
Does that mean I'll have to make some clarifications for Heamet's power too? As it's something magical and not simply meta human.

That's going to be quite difficult.

Bakra
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:13 pm

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Ekong "Kung" Sowell
    Alternate Identities: Gnasher, the Walking Irony
    Species: Human
    Apperance: "I'm upfront about what I want"
    Characters Biggest Strength: Manipulation of fire and explosive force
    Characters Biggest Weakness: Ekong can not create fire or explosive energy, but manipulate and transfer it. Without fire or explosive energy, he has no powers.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: Ekong is an existential rather than physical wanderer, lacking any motivation to do anything except shed his past as a vigilante and live the rest of his life in relative peace and depressive stupor. He is very cold and unmerciful, having felt he should shed any semblance of idealismm. Many columnists and bloggers refer to him (sometimes derogatorily, sometimes in praise) as the "Walking Irony" for his cold demeanor in light of his powers.
    Secondary Goal: Ekong is cautious of his past and consciously tries to cover it up. One of the things that haunts him is who the original donor for his heart was, as the donor requested to remain anonymous.
    Fears: The risk of being exposed as a meta. He has built a life outside of the identity and would rather leave that in the past, focusing on his career. His fear stems from wanting to keep his family safe and from being shamed, prison time, and a trend where he sees the lives of metas are generally more tragic than joyful. He remains untested on the matter of murdering to keep his identity secret.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Ekong always had a weak heart, and at the age of twenty-four years old his heart gave out. Luckily there existed a near perfect transplant for him, an unusually strong heart by someone who recently had an aneurism. The heart was transferred to Ekong and he inherited the latent powers in the donor. As requested by the identity of the donor is unknown.
  • Power 1:
    Effects: The manipulation of fire and explosive force. As long as there is energy to harness, Ekong can use it, with his skin as fuel for the fire to make him a "human torch" so-to-speak. However once he spreads the fire, either transferring to someone else or "throwing" it over distances less than 30 meters or so, it is gone and he has to gather new energy. To counteract this Mekong carries explosives of varying size to absorb their energy, or throws them and contains/manipulates the resulting explosions and fire.
    Weaknesses: Without fire or energy, Ekong has no powers.
  • Power 2:
    Effects: By default, Ekong is immune to the effects of fire and explosive force as he absorbs the energy into himself.
    Weaknesses: Basic laws of conversion dictates that this energy has to go somewhere. Although Ekong usually doesn't have a problem transferring the energy, theoretically one can overwhelm him with fire or explosive force and (if he doesn't transfer it out of his body) the energy will destroy him from the inside.

Background
    Occupation: An investment banker on Wall Street, known for being ruthless but stays within ethical boundaries. Very good at his job, pulling down six figures and a frequent flyer miles in first class. His job requires him to move around a lot and occasional periods of lulls, allowing him some amount of flexibility. He works for Booth and Hulbert Capital Management.
    Training and Education: Went to Stanford to study finance, was considered a financial guru upon graduation due to references and publishing multiple business articles. Has no formal martial training except a lot of trial and error; he attributed injuries he incurred during his initial vigilante days as biking accidents. Though this was initially suspicious, he learned from his mistakes and no one really second guessed him after another year.
    Things any characters might know about them: One of the few to come out from the 2008 financial crisis unscathed both ethically and financially, however he was still vilified and the SEC launched a considerable investigation of him, but all charges were dropped. In 2014 he was again brought to the limelight when a company he invested considerable money in came under charges of embezzlement and it appeared to have benefitted him. Once again, the SEC could not find any misconduct on his part and attributed it to careful management of contracts and personal funds. Still, his name is frequently dropped whereever cutthroat investors are mentioned.
    Group Affiliations: Thus far, he owes his allegiance to no one and wishes to keep it that way. He beleives he has covered his tracks very well; the Gnasher disappeared from the limelight gradually rather than a dramatic end to his vigilante activities.
    History and Bibliography: Despite what you may have heard, Ekong Sowell and his alter ego Gnasher aren't necessarily bad people, just a bit on the tired side. Ekong (meaning "battle" or "war" in his native land) is the son of Nigerian immigrants who took their American surname from the economist Thomas Sowell. The Sowells grew up lower middle class in Michigan, where his father instilled in the Nigerian sense of masculinity. His father felt this was especially important as his son was not physically imposing, unable to do sports or gain muscle because of his weak heart. Ekong looks on this with mixed feelings, considering his father's idealism absurd but acknowledging that it worked wonders for his character.

He applied and was accepted on scholarship to Stanford. During this time he wrote for business magazines and journals as an amateur, and working on the recommendation on one of his professors he attained an internship at Booth and Hulbert's west coast headquarters. Here he shined, regularly submitting reports that seemed to predict trends in the market like clockwork. His aptitude was appreciated and he was brought to New York upon graduation, climbing the corporate ladder at an astonishing rate.

At the age of 24 Ekong's heart gave out. In an emergency procedure he was given a heart from an anonymous donor, which seemed to be such a perfect match that he ended up having a much better cardiovascular system following the surgery. Additionally, he inhereted the meta genes, able to manipulate fire. This was a perfect storm: Ekong for the first time in his life was able to engage in strenuous physical activity without danger of his heart failing, relatively young, and had super powers. He utilized this with zeal, becoming the Gnasher, clad in a black/crimson suit and covered head to toe in fireproof (but not retardant) material.

Ekong started out idealistic, but his main drive was to explore his new physical abilites as well as super abilities. He worked out vigoursly, fought petty criminals, and targeted organized crime and left the super villains and "big stuff" to the other superheroes. After two years of fighting crime on the streets (illegally and without telling anyone his identity) the 2008 financial crash hit and he was being hounded by the SEC and oversight committees. He toned down his nightly activities during this period, returning briefly in 2010 in a much publicized three way fight between mobsters, the police, and the Gnasher. Whatever semblance of idealism he had was lost then, and he tapered off his activities, his last sighting in February of 2012.

His main focus for the last few years is laying low and working. Occasionally he uses his powers, but it is usually spur of the moment and not public in any way whatsoever. He has been subtly pursing what few leads exist on the previous owner of his adopted heart.

Ekong is especially disheartened at the captures of Osteo and Blank, believing that if the "good guys" were realistic or pragmatic then they would immediately kill them. This has further engendered resentment towards super-organizations and vigilantism as a whole for him.

Summary: "Real men burn"

My idea for Ekong's entrance is that he would owe temporary allegiance to an organization or cause in exchange for something. He is open to most "neutral" or "good" work and won't kill or hurt those he perceives as innocent, but he isn't above a heist or something like that. He doesn't want money, he wants information or some sort of semi-permanent security from exposure.

Or I could toss in a MacGuffinite in his background if this doesn't fit in very well :D

(This is all pending acceptance of course, just want to make sure my character can fit into the narrative in his present state)

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Serah wrote:-So...
Does that mean I'll have to make some clarifications for Heamet's power too? As it's something magical and not simply meta human.

That's going to be quite difficult.

No. Again this is for people whose magical powers are generic and open ended, like Dwight or PB or Brookes or the Baron. Theres nothing wrong with it, but I just want a better way to evaluate it.

His are more specific. He knows these spells and they do these specific things.

Bakra wrote:
Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Ekong "Kung" Sowell
    Alternate Identities: Gnasher, the Walking Irony
    Species: Human
    Apperance: "I'm upfront about what I want"
    Characters Biggest Strength: Manipulation of fire and explosive force
    Characters Biggest Weakness: Ekong can not create fire or explosive energy, but manipulate and transfer it. Without fire or explosive energy, he has no powers.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: Ekong is an existential rather than physical wanderer, lacking any motivation to do anything except shed his past as a vigilante and live the rest of his life in relative peace and depressive stupor. He is very cold and unmerciful, having felt he should shed any semblance of idealismm. Many columnists and bloggers refer to him (sometimes derogatorily, sometimes in praise) as the "Walking Irony" for his cold demeanor in light of his powers.
    Secondary Goal: Ekong is cautious of his past and consciously tries to cover it up. One of the things that haunts him is who the original donor for his heart was, as the donor requested to remain anonymous.
    Fears: The risk of being exposed as a meta. He has built a life outside of the identity and would rather leave that in the past, focusing on his career. His fear stems from wanting to keep his family safe and from being shamed, prison time, and a trend where he sees the lives of metas are generally more tragic than joyful. He remains untested on the matter of murdering to keep his identity secret.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Ekong always had a weak heart, and at the age of twenty-four years old his heart gave out. Luckily there existed a near perfect transplant for him, an unusually strong heart by someone who recently had an aneurism. The heart was transferred to Ekong and he inherited the latent powers in the donor. As requested by the identity of the donor is unknown.
  • Power 1:
    Effects: The manipulation of fire and explosive force. As long as there is energy to harness, Ekong can use it, with his skin as fuel for the fire to make him a "human torch" so-to-speak. However once he spreads the fire, either transferring to someone else or "throwing" it over distances less than 30 meters or so, it is gone and he has to gather new energy. To counteract this Mekong carries explosives of varying size to absorb their energy, or throws them and contains/manipulates the resulting explosions and fire.
    Weaknesses: Without fire or energy, Ekong has no powers.
  • Power 2:
    Effects: By default, Ekong is immune to the effects of fire and explosive force as he absorbs the energy into himself.
    Weaknesses: Basic laws of conversion dictates that this energy has to go somewhere. Although Ekong usually doesn't have a problem transferring the energy, theoretically one can overwhelm him with fire or explosive force and (if he doesn't transfer it out of his body) the energy will destroy him from the inside.

Background
    Occupation: An investment banker on Wall Street, known for being ruthless but stays within ethical boundaries. Very good at his job, pulling down six figures and a frequent flyer miles in first class. His job requires him to move around a lot and occasional periods of lulls, allowing him some amount of flexibility. He works for Booth and Hulbert Capital Management.
    Training and Education: Went to Stanford to study finance, was considered a financial guru upon graduation due to references and publishing multiple business articles. Has no formal martial training except a lot of trial and error; he attributed injuries he incurred during his initial vigilante days as biking accidents. Though this was initially suspicious, he learned from his mistakes and no one really second guessed him after another year.
    Things any characters might know about them: One of the few to come out from the 2008 financial crisis unscathed both ethically and financially, however he was still vilified and the SEC launched a considerable investigation of him, but all charges were dropped. In 2014 he was again brought to the limelight when a company he invested considerable money in came under charges of embezzlement and it appeared to have benefitted him. Once again, the SEC could not find any misconduct on his part and attributed it to careful management of contracts and personal funds. Still, his name is frequently dropped whereever cutthroat investors are mentioned.
    Group Affiliations: Thus far, he owes his allegiance to no one and wishes to keep it that way. He beleives he has covered his tracks very well; the Gnasher disappeared from the limelight gradually rather than a dramatic end to his vigilante activities.
    History and Bibliography: Despite what you may have heard, Ekong Sowell and his alter ego Gnasher aren't necessarily bad people, just a bit on the tired side. Ekong (meaning "battle" or "war" in his native land) is the son of Nigerian immigrants who took their American surname from the economist Thomas Sowell. The Sowells grew up lower middle class in Michigan, where his father instilled in the Nigerian sense of masculinity. His father felt this was especially important as his son was not physically imposing, unable to do sports or gain muscle because of his weak heart. Ekong looks on this with mixed feelings, considering his father's idealism absurd but acknowledging that it worked wonders for his character.

He applied and was accepted on scholarship to Stanford. During this time he wrote for business magazines and journals as an amateur, and working on the recommendation on one of his professors he attained an internship at Booth and Hulbert's west coast headquarters. Here he shined, regularly submitting reports that seemed to predict trends in the market like clockwork. His aptitude was appreciated and he was brought to New York upon graduation, climbing the corporate ladder at an astonishing rate.

At the age of 24 Ekong's heart gave out. In an emergency procedure he was given a heart from an anonymous donor, which seemed to be such a perfect match that he ended up having a much better cardiovascular system following the surgery. Additionally, he inhereted the meta genes, able to manipulate fire. This was a perfect storm: Ekong for the first time in his life was able to engage in strenuous physical activity without danger of his heart failing, relatively young, and had super powers. He utilized this with zeal, becoming the Gnasher, clad in a black/crimson suit and covered head to toe in fireproof (but not retardant) material.

Ekong started out idealistic, but his main drive was to explore his new physical abilites as well as super abilities. He worked out vigoursly, fought petty criminals, and targeted organized crime and left the super villains and "big stuff" to the other superheroes. After two years of fighting crime on the streets (illegally and without telling anyone his identity) the 2008 financial crash hit and he was being hounded by the SEC and oversight committees. He toned down his nightly activities during this period, returning briefly in 2010 in a much publicized three way fight between mobsters, the police, and the Gnasher. Whatever semblance of idealism he had was lost then, and he tapered off his activities, his last sighting in February of 2012.

His main focus for the last few years is laying low and working. Occasionally he uses his powers, but it is usually spur of the moment and not public in any way whatsoever. He has been subtly pursing what few leads exist on the previous owner of his adopted heart.

Ekong is especially disheartened at the captures of Osteo and Blank, believing that if the "good guys" were realistic or pragmatic then they would immediately kill them. This has further engendered resentment towards super-organizations and vigilantism as a whole for him.

Summary: "Real men burn"

My idea for Ekong's entrance is that he would owe temporary allegiance to an organization or cause in exchange for something. He is open to most "neutral" or "good" work and won't kill or hurt those he perceives as innocent, but he isn't above a heist or something like that. He doesn't want money, he wants information or some sort of semi-permanent security from exposure.

Or I could toss in a MacGuffinite in his background if this doesn't fit in very well :D

(This is all pending acceptance of course, just want to make sure my character can fit into the narrative in his present state)

This is a very easy to accept application. The powers are balanced and fit just what we want.

My best suggestion for an entrance is that Ekong has found himself indebt to IMF Representative Ann "Chairwoman 354" Drake. Maybe she discovered his identity or out maneouved him in some economic field. In exchange for not ratting him out to the police for illegal vigilantism the Illuminati Drake works for wants him to attack the Knights of America, the organization that took down Osteo and Blank, and from the sound of things a group he doesn't like too much and who will be opposed to him. Diz will attack the chairwoman when she meets a contact (you) and we'll see what happens from there. Hows that sound as an intro?
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:
Depend on the character.

Um....yeah.
Most government groups have some meta program. The CIA, the FBI, the NSA, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, DARPA (The Knights).
But I can give specifics if you had a specific group in mind.

Was wondering as generally, the elemental character i am working on, is taken by the US government, or a MEta related agency, fromt eh fRench, who his parents tried to sell him to. I am thinking about what may or may not have to be changed.

Is there any agency with enough authority to hand wave an international incident.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:Spread....? Is that the radius of effect of the psionic storm???

Typo. Should be spear.

Oh. Okay.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:16 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:Would anyone object to a psychic space elf that just wants to know about us?

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Neltharos Utheran
    Alternate Identities: Goes by the name Daniel West when walking amongst humans.
    Species: A space elf. Or, Eldar. He tells everyone else that his ears are a result of genetic mutations due to Chernobyl, no less.
    Apperance: [url=When in his fancy attire]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/0/0a/Eldrad_Ulthran-0.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160902185928[/url]
    Characters Biggest Strength: Powerful psychic abilities. He is also an expert manipulator. In addition, he is very intelligent.
    Characters Biggest Weakness: Bad at direct and physical combat. He is more of someone that attacks from behind.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: He is in Earth primarily to sate his thirst for knowledge. In short he just wants to know about humanity in general.
    Secondary Goal: He generally would get that knowledge by having human friends...
    Fears: Arachnophobia, of all damn things. He also fears that he would never be able to return to his home world, as his ship just got destroyed while he was at orbit with Pluto and he had to eject. Grimdark. That was 500 years ago by the way.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Species Trait.
  • Power 1: Psionic Shields
    Effects: Conjures a protective shield made of psionic energy, absorbing medium amounts of damage. Lasts for a minute.
    Weaknesses: Energy weapons ignore the shields and go right through.
  • Power 2: Psionic Storm
    Effects: A powerful storm of psionic energy is created in a 10 meter radius, dealing damage to all organics within the radius of effect. Stay in it too long and you either go insane, die, or your nervous system is fried, leaving you without one or more of the sense.
    Weaknesses: It cannot penetrate suits of armor, and has no effect on robots and machines. It also requires intense mental concentration and can be disrupted by a small distraction such as throwing a stone at him. It also consumes quite a lot of energy and it leaves him weakened and vulnerable.
  • Power 3: Psychic Blast
    Effects: Fires a bolt of lightning from his palms, dealing damage at a range of 40 meters.
    Weaknesses: Not much. The short range is the real debilitation of this ability. However, individuals with high physical strength can go toe to toe with it and fight on. It is also easily dodgable if one is keen enough.
    Equipment: A spear that is kept within a pocket dimension of his. The spear is no ordinary spear, as it is psychically empowered and there is little that can break it. The blade is made of adamantium.

Background
    Training and Education: He went to Harvard, no less.

However, back in his home planet, he was trained in the psychic arts by the single most powerful psyker in the Andromeda, Marethus Alatar.
    Things any characters might know about them: He apparently has quite a fortune of 10 million dollars. Not yet taken by any lady.
    Group Affiliations: He holds allegiance to his home world, which is the Andromeda Galaxy, but he won't get back there any time soon.
    History and Bibliography: Once, nearly 500 years ago, a ship appeared in the outer reaches of the Solar System. A small ship, it was just a little exploration vessel probing for future colonies for its empire, but its commander caught a gainly sight far into the system. A blue and green ball,
    apparently teeming with life. The ship ran some scans and confirmed the existence of life in it.
    Closer scans revealed primitive cities and towns, as well as... sentient life.

Intriguing., the commander would think. He then ordered an even more thorough scan,
    and got the ship much closer in order to take a closer look. The sentient creatures looked strikingly similar to themselves, with the only difference being the ears and the lack of psychic powers. Well... Intriguing indeed it was. But not all was well.

Another ship appeared, but it was not of their kind; it was their enemy. And fully armed, no less.
    The small exploration ship was no match, and soon enough... it was destroyed, all of its hands dead. The remains were towed away by the ship, but there was one that survived. The commander. Named Neltharos Utheran.

His pod crash landed in a frozen tundra, in present day Siberia. Only forests, wolves, and ice and frost was all that could be seen in all directions. Struggling to survive, he decided to head for the nearest settlement of the primitives; perhaps, they could be of aid. And so they were. With his psychic ability, he knew their language at an instant by reading their minds, and asked for their aid... For food and shelter. Because of his unerringly human appearance, they unknowingly helped the hungry xeno in their midst. From then on, Neltharos would move across the globe, meeting different cultures and peoples from different ages. Martin Luther, Peter the Great, Stalin, Hitler, Zhu Di, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Obama, and Trump; he knew them all, for his species live practically forever until slain in battle. He watched as civilizations rose, and then burned. Kings and rulers came and went, and still he was there.

Now, he is a business person; at least, that is what he appears to be. One might argue that he could just be too... Intelligent and clever to be human. Well. Their suspicions are not ill placed.

Summary:A psychic space elf that crashed into Earth 500 years ago. He now lives among us, just like any of us.

Removed armor piercing of the spear...
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Was wondering as generally, the elemental character i am working on, is taken by the US government, or a MEta related agency, fromt eh fRench, who his parents tried to sell him to. I am thinking about what may or may not have to be changed.

Is there any agency with enough authority to hand wave an international incident.

Define internal incident and handwave and authority.
Like is there any organization that can just make one go away?
Or is there an organization that can cause problems without consequences?
Or is there an organization that ignores when they happen?

All three exist and most organizations can do each to some degree.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:Would anyone object to a psychic space elf that just wants to know about us?

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Neltharos Utheran
    Alternate Identities: Goes by the name Daniel West when walking amongst humans.
    Species: A space elf. Or, Eldar. He tells everyone else that his ears are a result of genetic mutations due to Chernobyl, no less.
    Apperance: [url=When in his fancy attire]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/0/0a/Eldrad_Ulthran-0.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160902185928[/url]
    Characters Biggest Strength: Powerful psychic abilities. He is also an expert manipulator. In addition, he is very intelligent.
    Characters Biggest Weakness: Bad at direct and physical combat. He is more of someone that attacks from behind.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: He is in Earth primarily to sate his thirst for knowledge. In short he just wants to know about humanity in general.
    Secondary Goal: He generally would get that knowledge by having human friends...
    Fears: Arachnophobia, of all damn things. He also fears that he would never be able to return to his home world, as his ship just got destroyed while he was at orbit with Pluto and he had to eject. Grimdark. That was 500 years ago by the way.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Species Trait.
  • Power 1: Psionic Shields
    Effects: Conjures a protective shield made of psionic energy, absorbing medium amounts of damage. Lasts for a minute.
    Weaknesses: Energy weapons ignore the shields and go right through.
  • Power 2: Psionic Storm
    Effects: A powerful storm of psionic energy is created in a 10 meter radius, dealing damage to all organics within the radius of effect. Stay in it too long and you either go insane, die, or your nervous system is fried, leaving you without one or more of the sense.
    Weaknesses: It cannot penetrate suits of armor, and has no effect on robots and machines. It also requires intense mental concentration and can be disrupted by a small distraction such as throwing a stone at him. It also consumes quite a lot of energy and it leaves him weakened and vulnerable.
  • Power 3: Psychic Blast
    Effects: Fires a bolt of lightning from his palms, dealing damage at a range of 40 meters.
    Weaknesses: Not much. The short range is the real debilitation of this ability. However, individuals with high physical strength can go toe to toe with it and fight on. It is also easily dodgable if one is keen enough.
    Equipment: A spear that is kept within a pocket dimension of his. The spear is no ordinary spear, as it is psychically empowered and there is little that can break it. The blade is made of adamantium.

Background
    Training and Education: He went to Harvard, no less.

However, back in his home planet, he was trained in the psychic arts by the single most powerful psyker in the Andromeda, Marethus Alatar.
    Things any characters might know about them: He apparently has quite a fortune of 10 million dollars. Not yet taken by any lady.
    Group Affiliations: He holds allegiance to his home world, which is the Andromeda Galaxy, but he won't get back there any time soon.
    History and Bibliography: Once, nearly 500 years ago, a ship appeared in the outer reaches of the Solar System. A small ship, it was just a little exploration vessel probing for future colonies for its empire, but its commander caught a gainly sight far into the system. A blue and green ball,
    apparently teeming with life. The ship ran some scans and confirmed the existence of life in it.
    Closer scans revealed primitive cities and towns, as well as... sentient life.

Intriguing., the commander would think. He then ordered an even more thorough scan,
    and got the ship much closer in order to take a closer look. The sentient creatures looked strikingly similar to themselves, with the only difference being the ears and the lack of psychic powers. Well... Intriguing indeed it was. But not all was well.

Another ship appeared, but it was not of their kind; it was their enemy. And fully armed, no less.
    The small exploration ship was no match, and soon enough... it was destroyed, all of its hands dead. The remains were towed away by the ship, but there was one that survived. The commander. Named Neltharos Utheran.

His pod crash landed in a frozen tundra, in present day Siberia. Only forests, wolves, and ice and frost was all that could be seen in all directions. Struggling to survive, he decided to head for the nearest settlement of the primitives; perhaps, they could be of aid. And so they were. With his psychic ability, he knew their language at an instant by reading their minds, and asked for their aid... For food and shelter. Because of his unerringly human appearance, they unknowingly helped the hungry xeno in their midst. From then on, Neltharos would move across the globe, meeting different cultures and peoples from different ages. Martin Luther, Peter the Great, Stalin, Hitler, Zhu Di, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Obama, and Trump; he knew them all, for his species live practically forever until slain in battle. He watched as civilizations rose, and then burned. Kings and rulers came and went, and still he was there.

Now, he is a business person; at least, that is what he appears to be. One might argue that he could just be too... Intelligent and clever to be human. Well. Their suspicions are not ill placed.

Summary:A psychic space elf that crashed into Earth 500 years ago. He now lives among us, just like any of us.

Removed armor piercing of the spear...

Accepted.

Bakra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:My best suggestion for an entrance is that Ekong has found himself indebt to IMF Representative Ann "Chairwoman 354" Drake. Maybe she discovered his identity or out maneouved him in some economic field. In exchange for not ratting him out to the police for illegal vigilantism the Illuminati Drake works for wants him to attack the Knights of America, the organization that took down Osteo and Blank, and from the sound of things a group he doesn't like too much and who will be opposed to him. Diz will attack the chairwoman when she meets a contact (you) and we'll see what happens from there. Hows that sound as an intro?

I like the idea, my only tidbit is despite not liking the Knights, I don't think that Ekong would outright try and kill any of them unless they do something substantial to cross him. He's ruthless, but not quite a sociopath. Closest I can describe in terms of temperament is Wolverine, cynical and disillusioned but not inherently bad.

So the chairwoman somehow figures out Ekong's identity and threatens to expose him if he doesn't attack the Knights or sabotage them in some way. At some point, Diz comes in and ruins their lovely get together, then it's up to Ekong to see where he lands in all this.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Bakra wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:My best suggestion for an entrance is that Ekong has found himself indebt to IMF Representative Ann "Chairwoman 354" Drake. Maybe she discovered his identity or out maneouved him in some economic field. In exchange for not ratting him out to the police for illegal vigilantism the Illuminati Drake works for wants him to attack the Knights of America, the organization that took down Osteo and Blank, and from the sound of things a group he doesn't like too much and who will be opposed to him. Diz will attack the chairwoman when she meets a contact (you) and we'll see what happens from there. Hows that sound as an intro?

I like the idea, my only tidbit is despite not liking the Knights, I don't think that Ekong would outright try and kill any of them unless they do something substantial to cross him. He's ruthless, but not quite a sociopath. Closest I can describe in terms of temperament is Wolverine, cynical and disillusioned but not inherently bad.

So the chairwoman somehow figures out Ekong's identity and threatens to expose him if he doesn't attack the Knights or sabotage them in some way. At some point, Diz comes in and ruins their lovely get together, then it's up to Ekong to see where he lands in all this.

Sure the Knights might actually be a team he likes a bit more than usual because they are certainly not squeamish about killing. Some like Hyper, Muse, Crimson Specter, MarK Ultra, NUMB, Calamity, The Martian, Nevermore, and other actually seem a bit too comfortable with wanton murder of criminals.

Yep.

Bakra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Bakra wrote:

Sure the Knights might actually be a team he likes a bit more than usual because they are certainly not squeamish about killing. Some like Hyper, Muse, Crimson Specter, MarK Ultra, NUMB, Calamity, The Martian, Nevermore, and other actually seem a bit too comfortable with wanton murder of criminals.

Yep.

Sounds sweet. Do I start off then with Ekong going to meet the chairwoman or should I wait for someone?

EDIT: for clarity
Last edited by Bakra on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Well, the character, an American, would have been found in the French National Treasury, with all security still in palce, It would be understandable if the French were to be Irked. The french were in the process of acquiring him, when an American group came in and took him instead, after which he will escape, is how this characters bio was, what else do i need to explain PL?

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:Removed armor piercing of the spear...

Accepted.

Thanksz :3

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: No true name, though he does use "Melvin Gracey"
    Alternate Identities: D. B. Cyrus, Donnell Older, Dayshawn Iverns, Pat Mendez, Afamefuna Agbaje-Inuoye
    Age: He looks 16, but is really something like 30 000 years old, give or take a few thousand years
    Species: human
    Appearance: Image
    Characters Biggest Strength:
    Characters Biggest Weakness: He's been suicidal for the last thousand years or so.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: To die. Not just rendered inert -- he tried that, didn't stick -- but die permanently.
    Secondary Goal: 1) Finding someone or something who can kill him permanently somehow, and 2) Helping as many people as possible without revealing himself as a Meta-Man super flighty robotmeta-human before he finally dies permanently. Yes, they contradict each other at some level.
    Fears: Living forever and seeing more and more and more and more people die before him.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Meta-Gene
  • Power 1: Absolute Immortality
    Effects: He (and his soul) cannot die. Even if a body part or indeed the body itself is obliterated to the atomic level, he will keep on regenerating instantaneously. He cannot age (and indeed has not aged beyond his teens). This power also frees him from having to eat or drink to nourish himself, though he still does both at regular intervals due to normal digestive processes not ceasing even if you're Meta-Man super flighty robot a metagene-enhanced being.
    Weaknesses: A few.
    * He's not immune from disease, so if he gets really sick from something incurable or else catches something that manages to alter his genetic structure without somehow shutting off his metagene (or both), he'll be sick forever at best, and at worst an immortal disease-spreading vector.
    * If a severed body part is merely separated from him without that being destroyed in some form or fashion, that body part will not regenerate, rendering him incapacitated to various extents depending on the body part missing in action. (Or, as in the case of is hair and nails, not at all -- he's been close-cropped and clean-shaven since his teens -- tens of thousands of years ago). In other words, he cannot regenerate lost but not destroyed body parts.
    * He only has your friendly-next-door-human-neighbor resistance to being sliced, diced, minced, blown up, burnt to a crisp, obliterated, magicked, hypnotized, etc.
    * He can still feel pain and fatigue, especially when he loses a major body part. While he won't react if that body part is tampered with thereafter, after he regenerates said body part he will have to have some downtime to recover from exhaustion (as he somehow feels fatigued during and after the fact). Furthermore, if he regenerates his full body, it can take up to 14 days for him to be up and about again.
    Equipment: Nothing beyond what your friendly next door human neighbor has. There's already way too much baggage in his life to begin with -- now you want him to carry MORE???

Background
    Occupation: He's a gardener. He sells stuff (under various guises).
    Training and Education: His teacher is Father Time itself.
    Things any characters might know about them: None.
    Group Affiliations: A neutral guy. Till now.
    History and Bibliography: (How did it all come to this?)

Summary: He's all messed up.
Last edited by Dahon on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:51 pm

Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Alfred Friedrich Von Neumann
    Alternate Identities: Von Neumann
    Species: Male
    Apperance: He won't tell you where he got the scar.
    Characters Biggest Strength: His intelligence, cunning and ingenuity.
    Characters Biggest Weakness: A certain amount of cockiness and unwillingness to bend to rules, obeying only to a select few can and does unnerve a lot of people. Too many people.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: Create a masterpiece, outshining all that he has done before. Currently, what he thinks would be his best creation would be to create an engine capable of going FTL.
    Secondary Goal: Gaining money, although it is generally easy, his experiences and other manners of weapons aren't cheap and can be considered the best on this earth, maybe rivaling Deep One tech to a degree.
    Fears: Treason, treason from a trusted asset scares him beyond what anyone would think. Considering the amount of trust he puts into the select few that he does trust, the sheer thought of it paralyzes him immediately. The act would likely kill him on the spot.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Difficult to pinpoint, it's been guessed that he isn't thoroughly human, but the meta gene hasn't been found in him. Nor is magic detected.
  • Superhuman Intelligence:
    Effects: Like the actual Von Neumann, one of the applications of this power is that he essentially has a computer inside his head, a natural one, that is. He can essentially rival a supercomputer without too much of an issue, needless to say, he's the most intelligent man on the planet. He knows everything there is to know about engineering, science... You name it, he knows it.
    Weaknesses: Anything that disrupts the brain could disrupt its usage, although it can never properly be stopped, the only way to get rid of it would be to get rid of his brain.
    Adding to that, while he may be aware of futuristic medical practices or such things, if it doesn't go under his mechanic sense, he will not be able to do it. Only inform people how to do it.
  • Mechanic sense:
    Effects: Coupled with his intelligence, this essentially allows him to create anything he wants, assuming he has the materials to do so. Theoretically, he could invent new materials to do the job, which is essentially what he does on a monthly basis, which gives meta defense groups such as the NYMD or the Knights the necessary weapons to fight the threats they face every day.
    Weaknesses: Again, anything that disrupts the brain disrupts its usage. Destroying the brain is the only way to get rid of it. And him.
    A good thing to keep in mind is that while he may be able to create things, he may not be able to use them to their highest degree due to lack of strength, agility or otherwise ability he doesn't have.
  • Photographic endless memory:
    Effects: Anything he sees, he remembers forever.
    Weaknesses: Again, anything that disrupts the brain disrupts its usage. Destroying the brain is the only way to get rid of it. And him.
    Equipment: He doesn't fight on his own, although he does keep some of his creations around, the ones that couldn't be given away. Most of them he cannot use himself.
    Although his notable personal creations are:

• Personal Energy Condenser: Taking the form of a bracelet, under cases where Albert would be attacked, it turns into a personal wrist cannon that feeds on his latent unused energy to unleash sudden short ranged blasts of kinetic energy. If well timed, it can even stop low caliber bullets. Yet it comes with a rather noticeable recoil that can easily break his arm if he isn't careful.
    • Personal Electromagnetic Field/Plasma Condenser: Essentially a low grade emulation of what Mateo's power could be, the gauntlet that contains the device can create a low energy electric field that acts as some form of shield for the user. While it doesn't protect from blows, it deals them back harshly.
      It should be noted that while it could theoretically melt things, it would hardly be useful for someone such as Albert due to his lack of armor, however, if someone's skin were to come into contact with it, in a matter of seconds, the skin would undergo severe burns ranging from second to third degree burns depending on the exposition.
      However, another use of it may be to focus the energy on a single point to create a super-heated yet very small plasma bullet that can be fired by an adapted gun. To this day, creating a gun chamber small enough, yet resistant enough to survive the bullet hasn't been very successful.

Background
    Occupation: He sells his inventions and is paid by various governments to furnish them with better armor/weapons. In short, an inventor.
    Training and Education: He went to Harvard, but never really liked it there, and left after a semester. His true education would be way beyond any dispensed there.
    Things any characters might know about them: His early life, disappearance and reappearance, age, and most recent civil invention. Latest being Hyperium, a hyper dense molecule of deuterium used in the new Fusion power plants and Hex-Ferrum, an incredibly dense form of iron that revolutionizes industry by its incredible resistance.
    Group Affiliations: Albert does not bow to anyone, nor does he swear allegiance to any group. The people he trusts are Calamity, Heamet and someone else that he wants to keep hidden for now.
    History and Bibliography:
    Von Neumann was born in England, to a German mother and British father, growing up relatively normally until the age of four, where he managed to learn several languages by reading and repeating books. A few years later, he was found creating a car from spare parts.
    Of course, this drew the attention of many universities, as he had surpassed by far all that he needed to know at his age and could remember it nigh perfectly.
    As such, he was one of the youngest geniuses of his time, vastly outshining the others. Yet, there was a point in his life where he simply stopped creating things, and tried to live normally.
    Around his 14th birthday however, he disappeared mysteriously, only to reappear ten years later in Wales. Nobody knows what exactly happened in that period of time, however, he came back with a severe burn scar on the side of his face and crippling trust issues. So much that he couldn't even trust his parents for a long while.
    Facing the fact that he couldn't simply live that way, he once again left to live somewhere else, in the five years time that this period followed, he lived in various places, Hungary, Russia, Czech republic, Germany, Norway, and lastly Canada. Canada was the one place he settled for a while in, as long as seven years.

In Canada, he returned to his inventions, inventing new materials, revolutionizing industry, medicine and even information technology. So much so that the American government paid him to settle there, where no one would bother him.
    And indeed, no one did until the Knights and the NYMD were founded. At which point he grew more distant, until Calamity and Heamet found him, and earned his trust, proving to him that the two groups weren't just a more organized vigilante force that acted for the protection of Meta and Humans alike.

Now, while he has gotten less distant, he chooses to remain in his lab for the most part. However a certain person from his past may visit him again.
    And it may prove to be quite the change to his otherwise calm lab life.

Summary: Essentially a hyper intelligent Tony Stark without the armor.

Tell me what you think of this one, I think I might have some decent fun if it looks good.

Finally finished the bio.
Last edited by Serah on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:00 pm

Dahon wrote:
Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Alternate Identities: D. B. Cyrus, Donnell Older, Dayshawn Iverns, Pat Mendez, Afamefuna Agbaje-Inuoye
    Age: He looks 16, but is really something like 30 000 years old, give or take a few thousand years
    Appearance: (Image)
    Characters Biggest Weakness: He's been suicidal for the last thousand years or so.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: (What does this character want most in life. Make it specific)
    Secondary Goal: (What are the smaller steps on the way to this characters primary goal? What must be accomplished first in order to see it realized.)
    Fears: What are the visceral, psychological, regrets and existential fears of your character. What makes them flee in terror or freeze in panic. Not what makes them angry and encourages, what makes them RUN!

Powers
  • Power 1:
    Effects: What does the power do and how does it do it? Please make reference to Range, Speed and/or Mass
    Weaknesses: What counters the power? Stops it dead in it’s tracks or causes it to fail? What limits the usage of the power? When can it not be used?
  • Power 2:
    Effects: What does the power do and how does it do it? Please make reference to Range, Speed and/or Mass
    Weaknesses: What counters the power? Stops it dead in it’s tracks or causes it to fail? What limits the usage of the power? When can it not be used?
  • Power 3:
    Equipment: (What tools or equipment does this character possess that is noteworthy? If it provides them with a noticable supernatural or obvious power that power must also be listed under power.)

Background
    Training and Education: (Where did they go to school and learn what they know now.)
    Things any characters might know about them: (Things a quick google search would reveal)
    Group Affiliations: (Who are they loyal to? What clubs do they owe allegiance? Who do they consider master?)

He shaves often, no?
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:56 pm

Bakra wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:

Yep.

Sounds sweet. Do I start off then with Ekong going to meet the chairwoman or should I wait for someone?

EDIT: for clarity

I will post about the chair women showing up at a park. Then we can start the scene.
Granis if your listen give us a bit to chat then have Diz jump in.

Shadowwell wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:

Well, the character, an American, would have been found in the French National Treasury, with all security still in palce, It would be understandable if the French were to be Irked. The french were in the process of acquiring him, when an American group came in and took him instead, after which he will escape, is how this characters bio was, what else do i need to explain PL?

Oh that makes sense. Yeah the CIA or a NATO agent might have sprung him, stuffed him in a sack and then sold him to Americans for profit or power. The Army, CIA, or Secret Service would be the most likely buyers / kidnappers.

Although thats not what I would call "having the authority to handwave an international incident".

Have him get abducted from French custody by CIA operatives then traded to the Secret Service or the Army.

Dahon wrote:
Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Appearance: (Image)

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: (What does this character want most in life. Make it specific)
    Secondary Goal: (What are the smaller steps on the way to this characters primary goal? What must be accomplished first in order to see it realized.)
    Fears: What are the visceral, psychological, regrets and existential fears of your character. What makes them flee in terror or freeze in panic. Not what makes them angry and encourages, what makes them RUN!

Powers
  • Power 1:
  • Power 2:
  • Power 3:
    Equipment: (What tools or equipment does this character possess that is noteworthy? If it provides them with a noticable supernatural or obvious power that power must also be listed under power.)

Background
    Training and Education: (Where did they go to school and learn what they know now.)
    Things any characters might know about them: (Things a quick google search would reveal)
    Group Affiliations: (Who are they loyal to? What clubs do they owe allegiance? Who do they consider master?)

Nice start TG me when its ready for review.

Serah wrote:
Gods Among Us
Character Application

Character Description
    Given Name: Alfred Friedrich Von Neumann
    Alternate Identities: Von Neumann
    Species: Male
    Apperance: He won't tell you where he got the scar.
    Characters Biggest Strength: His intelligence, cunning and ingenuity.
    Characters Biggest Weakness: A certain amount of cockiness and unwillingness to bend to rules, obeying only to a select few can and does unnerve a lot of people. Too many people.

Motivations and Desires
    Primary Goal: Create a masterpiece, outshining all that he has done before. Currently, what he thinks would be his best creation would be to create an engine capable of going FTL.
    Secondary Goal: Gaining money, although it is generally easy, his experiences and other manners of weapons aren't cheap and can be considered the best on this earth, maybe rivaling Deep One tech to a degree.
    Fears: Treason, treason from a trusted asset scares him beyond what anyone would think. Considering the amount of trust he puts into the select few that he does trust, the sheer thought of it paralyzes him immediately. The act would likely kill him on the spot.

Powers
    Primary Source of Powers: Difficult to pinpoint, it's been guessed that he isn't thoroughly human, but the meta gene hasn't been found in him. Nor is magic detected.
  • Superhuman Intelligence:
    Effects: Like the actual Von Neumann, one of the applications of this power is that he essentially has a computer inside his head, a natural one, that is. He can essentially rival a supercomputer without too much of an issue, needless to say, he's the most intelligent man on the planet. He knows everything there is to know about engineering, science... You name it, he knows it.
    Weaknesses: Anything that disrupts the brain could disrupt its usage, although it can never properly be stopped, the only way to get rid of it would be to get rid of his brain.
    Adding to that, while he may be aware of futuristic medical practices or such things, if it doesn't go under his mechanic sense, he will not be able to do it. Only inform people how to do it.
  • Mechanic sense:
    Effects: Coupled with his intelligence, this essentially allows him to create anything he wants, assuming he has the materials to do so. Theoretically, he could invent new materials to do the job, which is essentially what he does on a monthly basis, which gives meta defense groups such as the NYMD or the Knights the necessary weapons to fight the threats they face every day.
    A good thing to keep in mind is that while he may be able to create things, he may not be able to use them to their highest degree due to lack of strength, agility or otherwise ability he doesn't have.
  • Photographic endless memory:
    Effects: Anything he sees, he remembers forever.
    Equipment: He doesn't fight on his own, although he does keep some of his creations around, the ones that couldn't be given away. Most of them he cannot use himself.
    Although his notable personal creations are:

• Personal Energy Condenser: Taking the form of a bracelet, under cases where Albert would be attacked, it turns into a personal wrist cannon that feeds on his latent unused energy to unleash sudden short ranged blasts of kinetic energy. If well timed, it can even stop low caliber bullets. Yet it comes with a rather noticeable recoil that can easily break his arm if he isn't careful.
    • Personal Electromagnetic Field/Plasma Condenser: Essentially a low grade emulation of what Mateo's power could be, the gauntlet that contains the device can create a low energy electric field that acts as some form of shield for the user. While it doesn't protect from blows, it deals them back harshly. However, another use of it may be to focus the energy on a single point to create a super-heated yet very small plasma bullet that can be fired by an adapted gun. To this day, creating a gun chamber small enough, yet resistant enough to survive the bullet hasn't been very successful.

Background
    Occupation: He sells his inventions and is paid by various governments to furnish them with better armor/weapons. In short, an inventor.
    Training and Education: He went to Harvard, but never really liked it there, and left after a semester. His true education would be way beyond any dispensed there.
    Things any characters might know about them: His early life, disappearance and reappearance, age, and most recent civil invention. Latest being Hyperium, a hyper dense molecule of deuterium used in the new Fusion power plants and Hex-Ferrum, an incredibly dense form of iron that revolutionizes industry by its incredible resistance.
    Group Affiliations: Albert does not bow to anyone, nor does he swear allegiance to any group. The people he trusts are Calamity, Heamet and someone else that he wants to keep hidden for now.

Summary: Essentially a hyper intelligent Tony Stark without the armor.

Tell me what you think of this one, I think I might have some decent fun if it looks good.

Keep in mind the Knights headquarters, the DEiMOS is an alien FTL ship they simply don't know how to work. If he was a Knight or maybe an honorary Knight he might be let inside or even hired to fix it.

I think the powers are also good, making sure he spends on screen IC time to build things will be nessicary, so not just saying he built it between scene but showing us the difficulty in production and execution.

I think you might want to tone down the second gadget a bit. Not too much but enough.

Otherwise looks good. What Arc did you have in mind for him joining?

@EVERYONE crashes suck.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:00 pm

if they dont have othe powers should i remove the additiobnal sections or should i put powers that he will have later, there?

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:07 pm

Shadowwell wrote:if they dont have othe powers should i remove the additiobnal sections or should i put powers that he will have later, there?

Remove the others. I might lower the base app to 1. I think its throwing off expectations.
We'll add others later with the power gaining application.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:18 pm

I am going to try posting tomorrow.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:19 pm

App, should be done, i might need to edit the power if you deem it needed, additionally, I will work on the appearance later.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 pm

Shadowwell wrote:App, should be done, i might need to edit the power if you deem it needed, additionally, I will work on the appearance later.

Happy to provide some sample pics. I save a bunch of cool images one might strike your fancy.

Accepted but please add a summary at the bottom.

Would you like help to introduce him? He might make a good addition to Dyelli's team.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:42 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:App, should be done, i might need to edit the power if you deem it needed, additionally, I will work on the appearance later.

Happy to provide some sample pics. I save a bunch of cool images one might strike your fancy.

Accepted but please add a summary at the bottom.

Would you like help to introduce him? He might make a good addition to Dyelli's team.

I cant really think of much to add for the summary, but will try to think of something. What do you mean Dyelli's team? he is meant to be a villain, a minor one though,

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse