NATION

PASSWORD

We Were Children | Survival RP | IC |

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sveltlana
Minister

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sveltlana » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:05 pm

Mateo Laguardia
Alleyway near the Imperial College, London
[22 April 2016]

A few hours later, the streets of central London were equally as barren as the dark of nightfall began to set in. Only one thing changed in that dark, deserted landscape, that dead urban hulk: a traffic signal blankly continued to restrict the flow of traffic, heedless to the horrors to which the world had been subjected. Mateo found it to be quite annoying. Its pathetic innocence, its merry work, its invulnerability to death, disease, or suffering; all of these filled him with envy.

"Hey, Matt," said Ben. "I really do want to get plastered. I saw a pub not two blocks from here. Want to hit it?"

"To the victor go the spoils," answered Mateo. "I think those two will be fine while we're gone."

"It won't take more than ten minutes."

"Won't be a problem."

"You go out first, Matt. You've got the better eyes."

"You've got the bat."

"A fair point," said Ben. "If you go out first, I'll let you take the bat."

"Alrighty, off to no man's land."

"Good luck mate. Don't die out there."

Mateo peered outside of the building. The streets, empty as before, remained quiet, as if dead. He cautiously took a few steps forward, taking cover behind a ruined automobile whose windows had already been broken in. He looked both ways, as per an age-old custom, and crossed the street. A small, invisible wave signalled to Ben that it was safe to emerge from the safety of the building into the hostile expanse of mainland London, and so the two began their slow trod to the pub.

For what seemed like hours, the two continued their slow, discrete pilgrimage to the pub with the utmost silence. Each and every step carried the risk of bringing unwelcome attention to the two travellers; every car had to be thoroughly inspected for signals that it could produce the shrill beckon of its raucous alarm, a warning cry that would certainly doom both of them—and certainly their hypersexual friends—to a fate best left undescribed. Mateo, bat in hand and eyes on the horizon, scoured the area before them.

"It's all empty. Empty as a frog's arse is bald," he told Ben.

Ben sat in thought. "I don't think that's a good signal. Usually gangs like to nab as much territory as they can. Hear anything? 'haps this patch of land is only scoured by the occasional patrols."

"If patrols circled around here regularly, we'd have heard one by now. Immature bastards like to raise all hell with their drunken squabbles, or their gang rivalry."

"I don't want a damned fight," said Ben.

"I believe that, deep within, nobody does," answered Mateo.

After some twenty minutes of stealthy crawling, the two saw the flickering neon of the pub. A soft sliver of music filled the void of silence at long last—a welcome change. Ben took the lead, calmly obtained control of the baseball bat, and stepped up to the door. His head peered into the untamed darkness before them. Mateo followed silently, almost like a shade, making a great effort to trace his friend's steps as best he humanly could.

Ben placed his large hand on Mateo's shoulder. He looked around, and took hold of a long bar of steel from an assortment of nearby debris. He prodded a piece of cloth that unnaturally protruded from the ground, with no effect, pointing it out to his friend. "Sons of bitches," whispered Ben.

"What is it, man?" asked Mateo.

"Look at this rubbish. Utter rubbish." Ben cautiously used the rod to remove the clothing, exposing an open bear trap, undoubtedly placed with evil intent at the entrance of the pub to cleave the limb of someone unlucky enough to disregard his surroundings. "What the hell is wrong with people these days?"

"Getting your foot chopped off is a death sentence."

"This is utter rubbish. Bear traps. That's what we've come to. This is a fucking hunt now."

"Relax, man. Move it aside or something."

"No way," said Ben. "I'm not letting anyone step on this bastard." Using the rod, Ben poked at the trap from a safe distance. As soon as the rod pressed lightly against the lower plate, the rusted jaws of the mechanical contraption snapped shut, and with a powerful, spring-impulsed snap, the rod broke away from Ben's powerful hands and jumped into the air. Ben tossed the trap away, using the rod as a handle. "No way anybody's getting their foot in that bastard. This is rubbish."

With the road now cleared, Ben cautiously stepped into the pub and looked around. Other than a few corpses tucked nicely in a corner, the place looked like every other building in the London metropolitan area: abandoned, forsaken, cluttered. He avoided a patch of broken glass, dodged some broken furniture, and headed towards the counter. Hidden underneath the bar was a cache of a few bottles. He picked one to see virgin, unopened, untapped Vodka. Score.

"Hey, Matt! They're still cold!" Ben packed a few bottles into his pack, padding them with spare clothing to mask their treacherous clanking. As slowly as the two had arrived, they exited the pub and found shelter in the shadows. By the time they left the pub, the sun had noticeably retreated further into the horizon, and the grey mist of darkness had tightened its hold over the streets. Every now and then, streetlights beamed on and off, revealing fleeting pictures of the devastated urban landscape. The flickering traffic light, its colours oblivious to the environs, could be distinguished from the distance.

This time, however, silence did not hold its past power over the night world. As they slowly trudged back, they could eerily distinguish the cries and screeches of quarrelling gangs in the distance, some closer to them, some far away, some even across the Thames. If one's ears were open enough, the night indeed revelled in the cacophonous symphony of struggle and debauchery, of violence and barbarism. Everyone still alive in London had a bear trap clawed onto their foot, a death sentence waiting to be carried out. Worse still, everyone in London had vocal cords with which to produce the music of suffering that painted the sky.

As soon as the pair closed the distance between the pub and the toy shop, locking the door behind them, they saw flickering lights no further than a hundred metres out.

"Mafia," whispered Mateo as his hands implied they should reinforce the door.

"Aye," said Ben as he helped Mateo rack furniture against it. They counted upon the jagged, serrated glass to deter any attempts to enter the toy shop through the windows. Ben rested the baseball bat against a stand; in another time, it would have passed for another of the toys in the shop. Mateo seized the initiative and took a couple of cool swigs from one of the bottles. The liquid, oddly refreshing, brought a numbing, comfortable haze to his mind, one that he had not experienced over the weeks since he left his country.

"To the victor go the spoils," said Ben. "Cheers, mate."

The two continued drinking through the night. Garrett and Lucy were nowhere to be seen. To be honest, however, Mateo would be willing to admit that the group actually consisted of two—Garrett and Lucy were always skulking around, hiding behind corners. The natural desire was strong in them. Perhaps they did it to repopulate the Earth, they reasoned. And so they remained silent and allowed the two to continue.

Half an hour later, Garrett finally emerged from the back of the shop. His button shirt was now buttoned all the way up, and he had combed his shaggy and rebellious hair sideways. "I see you two were foolish enough to leave the shop. Important thing is that you're here now, and you've brought the drink. Well, share it like good lads."

"No can do. You get that," Ben gestured towards the manager's office, "we get this."

"The booze," added Mateo.

"The drink."

"The alcohol."

"Deal with it," finished Ben. "We got it. You can drink after your watch is over."

"Not our fault you chose the solo watch, friend," said Mateo. Garrett shrugged. Even though the two meant it as a joke, they were too disdainful of him—or perhaps too lazy—to explain the jest behind their banter, and so Garrett retreated back into the back of the shop for another few hours.

"What's a man without his alcohol?" asked Ben.

"Nothing," answered Matt. They were both quite drunk.
Last edited by Sveltlana on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
ASTURIAS STRONK

Now, mortal, you have made the mistake of opening Pandora's Box. What evils have you unleashed upon the Earth?

Me, Svet lol good one svet
Me, Svet
: ikr svet it was pretty good

-- Politics --
Fuck that.

Senka: [about me] "You are a deplorable reactionary fascist cockroach with no hope of redemption who should be condemned to burn with the rest of the plutocratic imperialist stooges in the cleansing atomic fire of the righteous."

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:08 pm

Sherry Harker
London Borough, near Tower of London

Making her way to the clinic via window, avoiding the adults in the process. Though so far, she had seen few ones. Armed with bow on hands, she walked slowly to the clinic, being watchful of her surroundings. The fact that she's alone is disturbing idea to be reminded over and over again, sadly.

It's only for a moment since she's closer to the clinic when she spotted a group of patrol in the far away. She decided to hid herself behind a dumpster, only to cursed to herself as she watched, as the patrols getting closer.

Her hands are sweating, reminded her of the first mercy kill she ever granted to someone...
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:10 pm

Tahmineh Ahmadzadeh

The other Middle Eastern girl seemed to have the same idea as Tahmineh, head towards the center of the city. Apparently it was the most safe area, ir at least relative terms. But some of the other things the girl said worried her.

"Gangs with flamethrowers, you're not serious?" Tahmineh asked, shocked. "I thought the worst I had to deal with were chavs managing to get their hands on machine guns. I was sleeping in a mosque last night and this gang of chavs came, at least one of them had a machine gun and they just started shooting at the place. That's kind of why I'm out here and not back there, I was afraid they would come back."

Soon another person came near them. Tahmineh turned around and raised her rifle, holding it improperly down by her hip, but lowered it as soon as she saw that it was another girl. Not a boy or an adult, no threat to them most likely. She wanted to do if Tahmineh and the other girl had anything to trade.

"I have nothing to trade unless you now how to use this," Tahmineh grabbed the military radio that she had been holding on to. "I'm sure it works, I picked it up off the same commando I took this gun from, but I'm just stupid and don't know how to use it. But if you don't know how to use it, I do have some food I can share. Nothing much though, just canned food, instant noodles, that kind of junk."

Manitriton
Envoy

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Manitriton » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:13 pm

Jake panted. He was still running. That seemed to be his life now. Running, and then hiding. Hiding from the two things that haunted him constantly. Death and Teenagers. He remembered being forced to read Lord of the Flies, and shuddered. So William Golding was spot on when he said mankind was evil within. He ran along the banks of the Thames, dodging zombified adults. He shuddered again, chills going down his spine. One of his good friends was 18, and he had witnessed the plague firsthand. Icy daggers crept up and down him, as he ran. Images of withered hands, slowly reaching for him, creeped him out. He really needed an ally- An ally who could watch his back. Who could help. But for now, he had to concentrate on running. He ducked into a row of houses, shivering. He heard voices, and his ears pricked up. He concentrated on the voices. They were talking about- Hunting? Jake sprinted out, and kept running. To him, this was like one of those dreams where something was chasing you down a long corridor... There was no escape, and it just got scarier. His hands crept down to his sword in his sheath, then recoiled.
"Not now.." He thought to himself.
He looked at his hand. It was scraped all over, his knuckles bleeding. He looked around, looking for any potential threats, but nothing showed up. He quickly took off his bag, and took out his phone.
"Now.. " he muttered. "Where is the highest point in London?"
He scanned the map he had taken a photo of. His eyes lit up.
"Ah.. The Tower of London seems pretty high. I think I'll run along the tube lines.." He muttered to himself.
He stuffed his phone back in his bag, and ran to the nearest underground station.
Hey. Name's Manitriton, MN for short. Nice to meet you.
Member of the Cyberius Confederation
My view on the Trump/Clinton Race

Disclaimer:
DO NOT DO DRUGS

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:44 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Cadence Tallow

Hillary smiled, passing Cadence a tin of canned tuna. "You'll need the protein. And we're pretty much well stocked here. The refrigerator is still working, we have some guns, and the only issue would be drinking water. Bathing is limited to one pail of water in the morning, and another pail at night. If you do not need the water, we're good. Sakura and I share one pail for a whole day once, and it's manageable if you do not need soap." Looking at Sakura, Hillary gestured at her attire.

"Can get hot sometimes, or warm. You can wear your jacket and all, but we're all girls here. The minimum is a shirt and your underwear." Hillary gestured towards Sakura. "And strictly no showing of boobs or whatever, and no perverse touching of each other." Hillary paused. "I guess that last part should be known by anyone. Especially those damn boys..."

Getting up, Hillary pulled Sakura to her feet as the Japanese girl composed herself. Nodding at Hillary, obviously embarrassed, Sakura turned to Cadence with a smile.

"Yeah, make yourself at home. If there's anything you want to know, just tell us. We're excusing you from night duty because you're new, and you probably need rest. I'll be allocating you a pail of water, and there's soap and shampoo for you to use."
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Enara
Secretary

Founded: Nov 09, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Enara » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:17 am

@Gvozdevsk & Anowa

To say that Sophia received a less than warm welcome might be an understatement. Despite her best efforts to ensure that she was as non-threatening as possible, it seemed she had spooked both of them. She saw the box cutter extend, and the other one pointed the gun at her. Sophie was no shooter herself, she’d never actually shot a gun before, but she’d seen a lot of people hold them. Her father still had… well, he was probably dead now, the thought entered suddenly and made her cold in her core. She’d deal with those feelings later, when she wasn’t in company. It was clear to her, having grown up in a less than pleasant part of town, that the rifle wielding girl had no idea what she was doing. Fortunately, she lowered it as quickly as she had improperly raised it.

“Woah, easy,” she said nervously, “I didn’t mean to startle you though, it’s kind of hard to avoid these days.” She offered them a weak smile, making some effort to be friendly. Her hazel eyes showed no signs of deceit or maliciousness. The girls betrayed themselves too soon, they weren’t working together, they probably didn’t even know each other- one was looking to get food, the other looking to trade it. She relaxed a little, it was a good sign she wasn’t wandering into a stick up.

“Sure, I’ve got food- I actually…” she trailed off, not wanting to discuss where she had gotten the food- after all, there was almost certainly more back in the store room. Maybe she’d go back in a few days, hope the adult had moved out, and raid it again more completely. “I have nuts, dried meat, a fair bit of protein. I could manage to part with some of it if you’re willing to trade something. Specifically, I was hoping to come across some medicine,” she held up her hand to show them the cuts on her arm from her confrontation. “Antibiotics would be nice. Or ibuprofen,” a small smile crossed her face at the awkwardness, “or tampons. Seem to be harder to find these days than they used to be.” The other girl was more of a problem, if all she had was food- something Sophie already had enough of, there was less room for negotiations, especially since she hadn’t the first clue how to work radios that didn’t come standard in cars.

“To be honest, I don’t know very much about your radio,” Sophie admitted, she was beginning to relax now, reasonable certain they weren’t going to rob her, “but I’m guessing you two just met recently and, well, the way I see it, we’ve got three heads between us. Surely we could figure out the basics of your radio if we worked together,” she offered. “Hey, listen. There’s a neighborhood right back there,” she turned to Sirin, “the ones you just came from it looked like. Do you have a house back there?”

“It’s starting to get dark,” she said with a motion to the sky. “Bad things happen in the dark. Not only are there the boys…” she didn’t feel she needed to elaborate as to why they didn’t want to run into any of the roaming gangs of rapists, “I’ve also seen some crowds that might be, shall we say, uniquely antagonistic towards you because of your race.” She laughed without a trace of warmth, “funny isn’t it? We’re living in a world where everyone old enough to drink is trying to eat our faces and our greatest threat is still one another. It’s funny. In a depressing sort of way.”

“Anyways,” shifting the topic back to the matter at hand, “I could really go for sleep in an actual bed, the kinds of beds we’ll find in those houses back there,” she said pointing, “problem is, in an area that large you have to have someone watching your back while you sleep or you’re sure to be eaten or worse. So what do you say? We can camp out in there for a few hours, get some real rest without having to wake up eighty times a night to every little owl hoot. In return, I’ll give you,” she said nodding towards Sirin, “some food in the morning, and as for you,” she said looking at Tahmineh, “I’ll do my best to help you figure out how to work that thing, and I’ll even show you how to hold that gun in a way that might actually intimidate someone. Worst you could come out would be well rested and knowing just as much about your radio tomorrow as you do tonight.” She shrugged, it seemed like a reasonable offer to her- she tried to hide it, but what she was actually most interested in was just a little bit of company, if only for a little while. She liked the idea of having maybe even a normal conversation, like how life was before all this. “The fact that this is probably also our best bet if we’re going to survive the night is really just an added bonus.”

True Christopia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby True Christopia » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:37 am

Max Crowe
Somewhere in London

Max ran for her life. Her feet pounded against the pavement as she run, her arms swinging like mad as the madman ran behind her. Her lungs were on fire, her mind on only one sole thing - survival. A broken down car was in her way, and she quickly laid her hand on it and lifted herself over the bonnet, rolling over and tumbling onto the floor. However, she immediatly took off again and continued to run .

She couldn't keep it up for much longer. She was getting tired. Adrenaline only got you so far. She had run outside a line of 'apartments and turned. Brandon swung the knife as hard as he could in Max's general direction, missing by inches as Max jumped out of the way "Help! Anyone, please!" She shouted, gripping the knife tightly in her hand.

"No-one is gonna bloody save you, Max, you killed Roger. And now you're going to die, you bitch." Roger said, spinning the rather large kitchen knife in his hands "Yeah...?" She huffed and puffed, her chest rising and falling rapidly "I'm... I'm willing to bet against that." Brandon swung again, slashing her arm and spilling blood across the street. She yelled in pain, gripping the wound. It wasn't too deep, but it stung like hell.

He charged again and she stuck her foot out, kicking his lower leg and he stumbled forward. She took the chance to dodge out of the way and slam her fist on one of the nearby doors "Please!"'
Pro: Democracy, The United Kingdom, The Conservative Party (UK), LGBT+ rights, Capitalism, The Grand Tour, Freedom of Speech, Gun control, Cuba, The British Monarchy, Obama, National Healthcare, Trident Nuclear Program, PC Master race, Mental Healthcare, TEA!
Anti: Donald Drumpf, Homophobes, the U.S. Electoral system, Paid Healthcare, IRA, ISIS, Jeremy Corbyn, Communism, Fascism/Nazism, Guns, Racism, Top Gear, Coffee, Poverty, KKK, SJW's

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

I'd rather die on my feet,
than live on my knees.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:03 am

Hayatsuki Sakura

The banging shocked the girl, as she quickly grabbed a rifle and moved to the door. Outside, she could see a girl being attacked by a boy with a knife. The boy swung, and the girl... the girl was hurt...

Against all logic, against all head knowledge, Sakura pulled the door open, the cold air stinging against her thighs as she wore nothing to cover her legs. A small patch of blue could be seen where her panties would be, still mostly covered by the shirt as the girl didn't care anymore. The SA80 was raised, Sakura pulling the charging handle once and ejecting a bullet which was previously chambered, and raised the weapon and ready to fire.

"Get lost." Sakura said, eyeing the boy fiercely.

"GET. LOST!"
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

True Christopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby True Christopia » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:10 am

Max Crowe

The Boy would turn and look at Japanese girl for just a moment - the moment was enough. Max yelled and struck out with her own knife, stabbing it into his neck and dragging him to the floor. Blood gushed out of his neck and onto the floor - covering her hands as she viscously slashed his neck. After a few moments, he lay dead. Max would rip the small pocket knife from his neck, and fall backwards onto the concrete in exhaustion.

"He'd... He'd come back..." She said to the Japanese girl, moving her left arm to hold the gash in her right. She'd slowly get onto her knees, catching her breath as she did so. Her knife and forearm were practically bathed in blood, and now a pool of blood formed around the boys body.

"I'm Max..."
She'd say with a raspy voice from the shouting.
Pro: Democracy, The United Kingdom, The Conservative Party (UK), LGBT+ rights, Capitalism, The Grand Tour, Freedom of Speech, Gun control, Cuba, The British Monarchy, Obama, National Healthcare, Trident Nuclear Program, PC Master race, Mental Healthcare, TEA!
Anti: Donald Drumpf, Homophobes, the U.S. Electoral system, Paid Healthcare, IRA, ISIS, Jeremy Corbyn, Communism, Fascism/Nazism, Guns, Racism, Top Gear, Coffee, Poverty, KKK, SJW's

than live on my knees.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:18 am

Hayatsuki Sakura

Shit

Shit

Shit

Sakura quickly cleared her rifle, knocking the magazine out and pulling the charging handle to clear the chamber. Placing the weapon behind where a stunned Hillary watched in horror, Sakura dragged the dead body away from her door, always on the lookout for any observers. Hillary joined her, and within two minutes they dumped the body in a garden, running back lest they be spotted.

Sakura stared at Max, unsure of what to do. Instinctively, she lashed out, giving Max a slap on the face, but not one at full force.

"His body would bring more than ever..." Sakura whispered, her voice breaking. "Now to settle this pool of blood..."

She stood outside, silent, ignorant of the cold wind. Turning to Max she whispered again. "Get in."

Using a pail of water meant for their shower, Sakura sparingly poured the water onto the bitumen, allowing the blood to flow into the drains. Adults may be attracted to blood, they were never sure. But better to be safe than sorry.

Returning back to the house, Sakura fell against the wall, now openly crying, ignoring the others as she went into a minor breakdown. Hillary's hands trembled, also feeling lost. However, someone needed to stand up now.

"So... who are you... Max... what did they want?"

True Christopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby True Christopia » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:27 am

Max Crowe

Max held her face after the slap, blood now smeared on her face. She understood why, really.

When they went inside, Max sat on the opposite side of the wall to the Japanese girl, staring at her bloody hands "I've killed two people today..." she muttered to herself, ignoring her question for a moment. She'd then slowly look up at her
"Before... shit hit the fan... I owed them quite a bit of money. They decided to collect the debt with a different kind of "currency", so I stabbed one. Then that one chased me and I killed him too. I used to be a thief, but don't worry. I'm not going to steal anything here. So, who are you?" she'd say, keeping her hands elevated above her jeans as not to smear the blood on them.

than live on my knees.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:05 am

Anowa wrote:
Terintania wrote:-snip-

Alex Carter
Alex sighed, "To kill now, is to save later. Better to end his pain now rather than wait for someone else to fall victim to his hunger. I just hope he's with God now... No one deserves a fate like this."

"Anyway... We should get to looking, the longer we wait the less time your siblings have. Once the sun sets they're as good as gone."

Marcus got back in the car and drove it back into Buckingham, as the others started to spread out.

"I don't believe in God," Drake muttered, still clearly not approving of killing it. He felt there were other ways to go about it, there had to be. He knew there were some really smart kids out there, which meant that there was a chance that a cure could be found, and these people could be saved. Part of his thoughts on this were probably due to the fact that 9 of his immediate 14 people family, as well as his grandparents and various other relatives, were all sick.

"With that logic, they'd already be dead," Drake replied,"They've been missing for a couple of days now. But I think you underestimate their ability to survive. If I survived, so can they." He urged his horse forward, looking around, though with it starting to get late, it was going to get harder and harder to see anything.
Times are looking grim these days~

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:57 am

Palace of Westminster
Jack Wallcroft

Bang!

The noise, while faint and distant still interrupted the conversation and caused the group inside the Palace of Westminster to jump, "Jesus, that sounded like gunfire." Jack rubbed his forehead. He peered down the hall towards the entrance, but saw nothing in the like.

"Sounds like it, yeah..." Toby nodded worriedly before raising an eyebrow at the newcomer, "You didn't bring any friends, did you?"

"Uh... Toby, Eric, Callum, Jess. Go out and check it out." Jack ordered. He didn't like this. The kid didn't seem to be any trouble, but what if he was running from someone, someone with a gun. He'd keep an eye out, and make sure no one tried anything funny as he herded the others back into the bowels of the building. "So, you were about to tell me your name."

Toby MacMillan

Toby pulled back the slide of his pistol, putting his bat over his shoulder in a sling as he stepped out of the House of Parliament, and it didn't take him long to see what was going on. A horde of adults had drifted by, most of which were on the other side of the road surrounding a pair of cars. A car alarm was blaring, which must have been what attracted them to the area. Sure, it was never good to be this close to a pack, but they didn't seem to notice them.

"Let's just get the doors, we don't want them..." It was then he noticed something in the second car, a boy. He was surrounded, and had to be scared shitless, "Oh shit.... Come on. Let's help them out." He holstered his pistol, not wanting to use up his ammo, and pulled out his cricket bat with a cinematic flare. He hunched over, moving low and fast towards the second car, motioning with his hand for the others.

The managed to move quietly towards the car, until they were only a few meters away. Still, only one adult seemed to notice, slowly turning to face the group. She had barely time to open her mouth before with a roar, Toby cracked her skull open.

"Surprise, bitches!" He went to work on the rest, his fellow Cadets taking his back as the began to clean up. There were a lot of them, but they were slow and surprised. They shouldn't have proved much of a challenge.
Last edited by The Landfish Colonies on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain
Embassy Program
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Resident of the Unified Coalition of Nations
Me OOC
Artwork made for the Landfish Empire

Russian people of america
Senator

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Russian people of america » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:19 pm

Somewhere in London, Peter

Peter turned to give the man another odd look, his eyes narrowing in thought. After a moment of careful thought he concluded the other gangs wouldn't have sent a spy armed with such valuable equipment. He gestured in the general direction of the tower, "We have seventy-one able bodied teenagers and fourteen young children, including one newborn". Our group was formed from among the different shattered gangs of savages in the western half of London. Our leader James gave us all civilization, a place we could belong, where we don't have to live in fear. It was actually his idea to bring people back to the tower, we have spare beds and he says we have a duty to our old countrymen to bring them in. Give people hope for a future, hopes a powerful thing, you know? Unfortunately there are a lot of savages who want to pillage our Tower and destroy our way of life, so i apologize if i seemed hostile earlier. Have to be wary of spies". Eventually they pulled up to the Tower's front gate, a large stone structure. Out front sat two soldiers, both carried guns. The groups arsenal was mostly made up of Bows and Arrows (liberated from a local Archery Club) Knives, and especially baseball bats. Only a few people had guns, liberated from the military who had been stationed at the Tower. The guards approached them and Peter flashed a piece of paper, signed by James. It wasn't as though he needed it, he was a prominent member of the group, and one of the three lieutenants who organized the group. "Welcome to London Tower, the safest place in London" he smiled as the car pulled forwards and parked.

Somewhere in London, Connor

Connor Lee was the second lieutenant to James, the leader of the West London Gang. He was also the second organizer of the patrols that were being sent out in order to find and recruit new members. He was like the rest of his group, a converted communist, but even then he hadn't different views that made him both friends and enemies. He detested the absolute rule of James, despite being a fair and honest leader. No, he thought that the group could be managed better if they added democratic elements to it's framework, had an election for leader, or better yet formed a Republic where everyone could vote on matters. Peter hated him for this, James seemed to be intrigued by his ideals, but never denounced them. But that didn't matter, he had to focus on the patrol. Snapped from his thoughts he noticed a girl, who seemed to notice them as well. He approached cautiously with the other patrol members, who seemed tense. They girl hid herself behind a dumpster, and for a moment he considered turning back. He gestured to the others and they parked the jeep, stopping to watch the dumpster girl. "You can come out, we aren't going to hurt you. We're apart of a group that's based in the Tower of London, we aren't savages" his voice was calm and welcoming, almost like he was talking to a wounded animal or a child. He wanted to build trust with whoever this was, because most woman weren't apart of gangs. Excluding the ones used for sex, or as slaves.
Call me Russian or RPA.

RP Sample's:
Sengoku Rp
Fading Songs
Shinobi RP

Yes, my nation has a funny name. It was originally a puppet.

I'm Declaring this nation dead. From this moment on it will live on as The Frozen Forest. This is for the sake of convenience, as i want to restart with a new, proper name.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:40 pm

"With that logic, they'd already be dead," Drake replied,"They've been missing for a couple of days now. But I think you underestimate their ability to survive. If I survived, so can they."

Alexander 'Alex' Carter
Alex shook his head, "It's less about survival more about avoiding those with ill intent. Finding a way around a horde of adults is easier than escaping a small band of angry teenagers." Alex started walking in a general direction flashlight casting a beam through the dark. "Though it's nice to know we have spare time.... Any idea on where to look for them?"

Enara wrote:-snip-

Şirin Gursultur
Şirin clicked the cutter's blade back into it's housing, knowing she wasn't about to get stabbed in the kidneys comforted her a bit. The fact that she was willing to trade and even roam together was a great relief upon her stressed body. Hopefully they'd all get along for long enough to get to Westminster, surely there'd be some presence of the government left, maybe younger soldiers or cadets. Seeing the scrapes and cuts on Sophia's arms she frowned and took a step forward, trying to get a better look, "They don't look bad enough to warrant antibiotics, painkillers certainly, stitches maybe. But until I get somewhere with better light and more security I'm not going to try anything. Getting ambushed while sewing someone up isn't my idea of fun."

"Sadly I haven't found any open houses, their owners must've locked up before slipping away." A part of her memory clicked, "Although I do remember there being a Shell station not too far from here, it's only a block or two away."

Russian people of america wrote:-snip-

Isaac MacDougall
Isaac nodded at the explanation, security was always a must. Even if said security pushed outsiders away, keeping people you can rely on was better than gaining a population, it would come in time either way.

The Tower was old, though that was expected, Issac's biggest worry was a mortar attack, and seeing as how the Royal Artillery Barracks was across the Thames, it was entirely possible to be bombarded from an unreachable position. The armed guards gained the group a few points, but them being outside the perimeter was a problem. Especially since they both had firearms, and assuredly ammunition. If they were attacked the outside forces would have two extra guns. It would be better to have the two sentries inside, and have someone identify the approaching party from on top the gate. Either by pass code, simple facial recognition, or by gang sign.

It was then Isaac decided that if he were to stay he'd start giving pointers, but no earlier. As they parked the vehicle he stepped out and began looking around, his uniform attracted a few eyes. And most likely the Forty Commando insignia on his arm is what drew a duo of vulgarities in a low whisper. His mere presence was making an impact... not the best thing to happen.

Peter spoke, "Welcome to London Tower, the safest place in London."

Isaac replied, "That has yet to be seen, I have two complaints already."
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Anowa wrote:
"With that logic, they'd already be dead," Drake replied,"They've been missing for a couple of days now. But I think you underestimate their ability to survive. If I survived, so can they."

Alexander 'Alex' Carter
Alex shook his head, "It's less about survival more about avoiding those with ill intent. Finding a way around a horde of adults is easier than escaping a small band of angry teenagers." Alex started walking in a general direction flashlight casting a beam through the dark. "Though it's nice to know we have spare time.... Any idea on where to look for them?"

"It's all about survival. Not running in to a group of angry teenagers is still part of surviving, and thus, survival," Drake replied, knowing his siblings could handle themselves, and were smart enough to avoid other people unless they knew that they would be able to handle them, or trust them. "It was around here that I lost track of them. But they could have gone anywhere," He sighed, rubbing his leg. He had been riding for too long, and his leg was cramping.
Times are looking grim these days~

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:15 pm

Relikai wrote:Sakura & Hillary

True Christopia wrote:Max

Cadence Tallow
Somewhere in London

Cadence popped the tab of the can as Hillary spoke, eating – with her fingers – to hide the blush that was slowly colouring her face as the older girl went on about perverse touching. Cadence was thirteen. Maybe there had been thoughts and… other things from time to time, but openly talking about it was uncomfortable. Plus, as Cadence was painfully aware, she had no chest to speak of, so the warning about showing herself – not that she would – was practically null and void. At the very least the idea of a bath sounded pleasing.

“Thank you,” she managed to say, feeding a small piece of tuna to Dakota.

Before either of the two girls could answer there was a loud banging at the door. Cadence jumped at the noise, turning to look as the two girls rushed over, Sakura having grabbed a dangerous looking rifle. Shouts could be heard on the other side. Sakura flung open the door and added her own voice to the mix. Cadence looked on with morbid curiosity but couldn’t see anything from where she was. She merely ate her food as the situation played out. Perhaps she should run, or be ready to run, but despite herself she had no desire to do so. Exhaustion had taken its toll and she simply didn’t care at this point to make an effort when Sakura and Hillary were handling it. Then it all came to a head. There were tears, blood if Cadence had heard correctly, and another girl being pushed inside the flat. The situation resolved itself shortly thereafter.

Cadence looked at the girl, a thief by the name of Max, a revelation that had Cadence unconsciously reaching a foot out to her backpack. “Cadence,” was all she said before going back to her food.

True Christopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby True Christopia » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:02 pm

Max Crowe
Somewhere in London

Max nodded at Cadence "Nice to meet ya' - Nice snake, by the way." she'd saay, looking around. She then went into a daze, zoning out for a few moments. The memory replayed in her mind, over and over again - the image of the pure gore and violence that she had committed, brutally killing that guy. She then realised the knife was gripped tightly in her hands still, her knuckles white around the wooden grip. She then released it, letting it clatter against the ground.

Then, she picked it up again, and closed the blade into the handle before shoving it into her pocket "Eh... You don't have any water, do you? To clean all of this...blood?" she'd ask them,

than live on my knees.

Enara
Secretary

Founded: Nov 09, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Enara » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:56 pm

Anowa wrote:Şirin Gursultur
-snip-

Everything seemed to be going well, the girl had retracted her blade which was the last bit of assurance needed for Sophie to be certain she wasn’t being mugged tonight. She could see in the girl’s face that her offer had been welcomed which was a relief, maybe she’d get a good night’s sleep tonight for the first time in weeks. Still, that sense of safety was weak and when the girl stepped forward, Sophie immediately tensed and nearly took a step back. “No boys, no adults, no problem,” she mumbled to herself, soothing her nerves and keeping her from sprinting off. She just wanted to see the cuts. The girl studied them for a moment, obviously she knew more about this field than Sophia which instantly made her more valuable. Obviously she wasn’t a doctor, but in this new world, a life guard trained in first aid could be the difference between life and death. “You don’t think so,” she said after the girl had offered her medical advice. “That’s comforting, it’s just my luck to live through the zombie apocalypse only to die from lockjaw a few weeks in.”

“Seems like a reasonable precaution,” she replied when the girl hinted that, in a safer place, she might examine her wound more extensively. “I just came from a petrol station not too long ago, not a Shell station though. It’s where I got this,” she said indicating back to her arm. “If it’s true that the houses were all locked up tight, we could be reasonably certain that there’s no boys hanging out in them. And they’ve probably not been raided to the same extent that other places would have been.” She thought for a moment about how to phrase the next part, “and all the houses are “open” if you want them to be bad enough, I have some experience getting into places I wasn’t necessarily wanted.” After sighing she added, “of course, it’s possible they’re locked up because someone wanted to keep themselves safe- and it’s just as possible those same residents are infected and trapped inside with nothing to do but hope a couple of snacks break in to their prison. So…” she looked to the other girl who hadn’t spoken yet, “you have a vote?”

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:40 pm

Southwark
roughyl right across the Thames from the Tower of London
There was an assembly of sorts, in the dark it seemed like a few people camping out, but if one got within hearing distance you'd find a much more sinister dealing.

"You sure we wanna attack that tower mate? Isn't gonna be easy."

"It'll be fine Raj, they can't have too many fighters. Besides a few pipe-"

*wheeze-cuk*

The twelve assembled gang members turned around, to spot a man wearing a gas mask, armed with what looked like an elongated gas pump.

One of the gang member broke the silence, "What the fuck is with this guy?"

*wheeze-cuk*

The raspy breathing clearly set a few on edge, "Hey, you need an inhaler or something?"

with another breath, a switch on the side of the gas pump like object was switched, and a pilot light on the front lit. Allowing those assembled to see that it was in fact a flamethrower... followed by three more in the shadows.

"Yo.. what the fuck?"

The sound of pressurized napalm being released was one of the last things the chavs assembled heard, their screams being the last as they echoed across the river, and throughout the city proper. The sound of a laughing mad-man carried closely behind as the screams continued. A few tried to brush the fire off, simply doing more harm than good. A few others uselessly tried to roll it out, a few of the smarter ones dove into the river. Those who dove into the river sadly learned that they were ill prepared to deal with both burns and soaked cloths. They would end up dying soon anyway.

Adrian's laughing died down as he walked towards one of the ones who somehow patted the fire out, the other eight behind him following. One of his cohorts roughly dragged the Chav over to a step, before putting his jaw around it. The teen was openly weeping as his teeth made contact with the concrete. Except the first blow wasn't that of a stomp, it was a sharp knife across the throat. The chav tried moving, only to find himself pinned by two others. And then the boot came down, killing him.

The others had already began setting up a spit roaster. They then began to chant:

Dark Meat!
Dark Meat!
Dark Meat!
Dark Meat!...
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Grande Republic of Arcadia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Republic of Arcadia » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:03 pm

London, england

James Munche
After the two people helped him get out they ran back to the parliament building and a kid spoke "What the hell wher you doing over there!" and james replied :"I was causing a distraction so veronica, can get past , wait where is she?" The boy stated she was alright. He was a ease for a moment and james spoke "I'm James munche and you are?" the boy replied "toby" James asked to go see veronica and he showed him where she was. James went up to veronica and said "Are you alright?" Veronica replied "Yes im fine what about you?" James replied with a smirk on his face "better than ever." James and veronica sat for a moment and they started to talk. James brought up seeing if they could stay with this group, and veronica went for it. James stood up and went to the toby kid and spoke "Can Veronica and I join your little group?"

Veronica wright
SHe was laying down as James asked if they could stay, she felt weak so she rummaged through James' rucksack and found a twix bar. She broke a half off and ate it slowly. She longed for the old world but at least she had james. She remembered they met while scavenging at the Airport in london.
GRA overview
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gra ... /id=636136
GRA military
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gra ... /id=636075
Proud Member of theINTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
American Conservative, leaning towards Fascism
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~General Patton
All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.
~Benito Mussolini

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Russian people of america wrote:Somewhere in London, Peter

Peter turned to give the man another odd look, his eyes narrowing in thought. After a moment of careful thought he concluded the other gangs wouldn't have sent a spy armed with such valuable equipment. He gestured in the general direction of the tower, "We have seventy-one able bodied teenagers and fourteen young children, including one newborn". Our group was formed from among the different shattered gangs of savages in the western half of London. Our leader James gave us all civilization, a place we could belong, where we don't have to live in fear. It was actually his idea to bring people back to the tower, we have spare beds and he says we have a duty to our old countrymen to bring them in. Give people hope for a future, hopes a powerful thing, you know? Unfortunately there are a lot of savages who want to pillage our Tower and destroy our way of life, so i apologize if i seemed hostile earlier. Have to be wary of spies". Eventually they pulled up to the Tower's front gate, a large stone structure. Out front sat two soldiers, both carried guns. The groups arsenal was mostly made up of Bows and Arrows (liberated from a local Archery Club) Knives, and especially baseball bats. Only a few people had guns, liberated from the military who had been stationed at the Tower. The guards approached them and Peter flashed a piece of paper, signed by James. It wasn't as though he needed it, he was a prominent member of the group, and one of the three lieutenants who organized the group. "Welcome to London Tower, the safest place in London" he smiled as the car pulled forwards and parked.

Somewhere in London, Connor

Connor Lee was the second lieutenant to James, the leader of the West London Gang. He was also the second organizer of the patrols that were being sent out in order to find and recruit new members. He was like the rest of his group, a converted communist, but even then he hadn't different views that made him both friends and enemies. He detested the absolute rule of James, despite being a fair and honest leader. No, he thought that the group could be managed better if they added democratic elements to it's framework, had an election for leader, or better yet formed a Republic where everyone could vote on matters. Peter hated him for this, James seemed to be intrigued by his ideals, but never denounced them. But that didn't matter, he had to focus on the patrol. Snapped from his thoughts he noticed a girl, who seemed to notice them as well. He approached cautiously with the other patrol members, who seemed tense. They girl hid herself behind a dumpster, and for a moment he considered turning back. He gestured to the others and they parked the jeep, stopping to watch the dumpster girl. "You can come out, we aren't going to hurt you. We're apart of a group that's based in the Tower of London, we aren't savages" his voice was calm and welcoming, almost like he was talking to a wounded animal or a child. He wanted to build trust with whoever this was, because most woman weren't apart of gangs. Excluding the ones used for sex, or as slaves.

Sherry Harker

Fuck.

FUCK.

They found her. Sherry walked out slowly from the behind of the dumpster, targeting whoever said that. "Eh, don't think can trust you much, boy. Sadly, your claim about not going to rape is kind...shit." said Sherry to the boy, in a kind of a threatening voice and manner. She's alone, surrounded with numbers, doesn't means she's not going to go down easily, right?

"Sorry, but I just cannot trust someone who being nice to me that easily. You understand, right? But...if you are really part of nice gang, well...if..um...joining you is possible?" said Sherry, put her bow down. His voice is calm, and non-threatening. Course, she's just still has her bad to judge skills.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:05 pm

Tahmineh Ahmadzadeh

The two other girls who had just joined up with Tahmineh were now discussing where to go. They were discussing finding shelter in a house, but all of them were locked so that might be a little difficult. But a locked door did most likely mean safety. Tahmineh really didn't have much input on where to go, so she didn't have much to say when it was her turn to speak.

"I'll go wherever you guys go," Tahmineh said. "Safety in numbers. And since I have a gun, I'm more equipped to deal with anything we might come across. I haven't actually shot it yet though, but I guess I could if I absolutely had to."

Tahmineh looked down at the rifle. She had a feeling tonight was probably going to be the night she was going to have to shoot it for the first time. She wasn't sure if she was ready to actually kill someone. She looked back up and spoke again.

"If we need to get in a house I guess I can shoot open a lock, I've seen people do it in movies enough times so I guess it works."

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:54 pm

Gvozdevsk wrote:Tahmineh Ahmadzadeh
"If we need to get in a house I guess I can shoot open a lock, I've seen people do it in movies enough times so I guess it works."

Şirin Gursultur
Happiness swelled in Şirin's chest, she wouldn't have to go it alone anymore, "Sounds like a plan." the last remnants of the sun were peeking behind the buildings surrounding them. Night had almost fallen, soon the activity in the streets would skyrocket.

She frowned a bit in worry, "Though we should probably get going, we can get to the Shell station tomorrow morning. It'll still be there."

Terintania wrote:"It's all about survival. Not running in to a group of angry teenagers is still part of surviving, and thus, survival," Drake replied, knowing his siblings could handle themselves, and were smart enough to avoid other people unless they knew that they would be able to handle them, or trust them. "It was around here that I lost track of them. But they could have gone anywhere," He sighed, rubbing his leg. He had been riding for too long, and his leg was cramping.

Alexander 'Alex' Carter
Alex shrugged, "Fair point." his new companions musings about his sibling's locations weren't very endearing, "That's not good, keep your hopes up, we may be able to find them soon." he noticed the newcomer rubbing his leg in discomfort, "Leg problem?"
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:28 pm

Toby MacMillan
Outside Westminster Palace

Toby leaned on his cricket bat, catching his breath as he looked over the two. "Well first off, you're welcome. Tell yourself what you want, you were causing a distraction or whatever, but we just saved your ass." He chuckled to himself, the three others behind him snorting as well. He took a moment to examine the two, scratching his head. They certainly didn't look like fighters, but the boy's rifle would come in handy. Jack would have to agree once he brought the pair back inside.

"Well, I wouldn't exactly call our group little. We got about 50 kids inside trying to sort things out. Not like we're short on space, though. I mean look at this place..." Toby straightened up and spread his arms, "Not like we've got a shortage of space! I'm sure we've got room for the two of you."

He turned, gesturing for the others to follow him, before he paused. He took a quick glance over his shoulder, "You two sharing a room, or..."
Last edited by The Landfish Colonies on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain
Embassy Program
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Resident of the Unified Coalition of Nations
Me OOC
Artwork made for the Landfish Empire

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse